What are EmployTest users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using EmployTest software through verified user reviews

• icon"We have the ability to create Customization tests."
  • icon"I love the ability to customize tests in order to align with our organization's expectations."
  • icon"Easy to use for both administrator and test taker."
  • icon"Recently many email servers have been sending the test invitations to a high-level spam so that the candidate never gets the test."
  • icon"Some of the areas are very subjective and are therefore difficult to measure. However, this is more of an issue for the employer than it is the fault of the assessment."
  • icon"I'm constantly having to login all the time. I also miss the previous lay out of the dashboard when you login."

Browse all EmployTest Reviews

• Have you used EmployTest and would like to share your experience with others?

Kristi

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Great Tool for Planning Training

Pros

We started using this software to plan our training needs for new hires. It has been a great tool for us. I like that we can use the credits that we purchase for any test in their database. If there's a test that I am looking for, I can reach out to our rep for a recommendation. The customer service is phenomenal!

Cons

The only feature that I would like would be more of an automation for tests that I use on a regular basis like one button I can click to send it out. Although, there is an easy fix...I set up my favorites lists and can easily send out the emails from there.

Response from EmployTest

Thanks Kristi for your feedback and using the tests. Will pass along your suggestion (one button click) to the team.

Replied June 2021

Joelle

Employtest Review

It is a very useful tool when selecting candidates to interview for a position. Employtest has worked with us to create specific tests and a system that meets our needs in regards to the amount of testing we conduct.

Pros

I like that it is simple to use and test names and descriptions are pretty straightforward. Tests are short and to the point for candidates.

Cons

I wish that the schedule email test feature worked a little better. I have scheduled tests to go out before and candidates stated that they never received them.

Reasons for choosing EmployTest

EmployTest was able to give us what we wanted with ease of use and beat the price of the competitors that we received quotes from.

Response from EmployTest

We appreciate your comments about the simplicity and ease of use. Emailed test session can occasionally land in applicant spam/junk folders, but there are ways around that and we'll make sure you know the options.

Stephanie

Pretty decent tool

It has been fine to use, I have been using the tool since 2013.

Pros

It is easy to send links to candidates and has quite a few options for testing.

Cons

I wish there was more features for the Microsoft Office Suite - We test a lot of Outlook and the 365 is very difficult, so I test on the 2010 becuase it is more user friendly as I don't want to scare applicants away with the 365 version. Also,iIt isn't compatable with MAC products.

Reasons for choosing EmployTest

Ease of signing up and purchasing and it had the tests we were looking for.

Response from EmployTest

Thanks Stephanie for your comments and for being a customer for 8 years now. Our tests do work on the Safari browser but they don't cover the MAC Office version. Test topics are formatted for the PC version of Office We have test customization options for Microsoft Office tests, including Outlook, so we'll connect with you to make sure you can test applicants at the right level. We have hundreds of questions for Office so we'll create a test that hits the difficultly level you need (beginner->advanced). Thanks again for using EmployTest since 2013!

Replied March 2021

Ritu

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Perfect for MS office suite and Accounting

Good

Pros

User friendly, customer service, ease of payment

Cons

Should include more assessments, should cover technical tests

Response from EmployTest

Ritu, we appreciate your response. Our test catalog is light on technical tests, but we do have 100's of other test titles. We'll connect to make sure you're seeing the full list, with much appreciation for your comments about user friendliness and customer service. Happy to know our Microsoft Office tests and Accounting tests are "perfect" for your needs.

Brenda

Pre-Hire Tests for Local Government

Overall, I have been very happy with the website, the tests, and especially the customer service. The staff is always responsive and more than willing to provide sample tests so that we can determine the test or tests that best meet our needs.

Pros

The online tests delivered by EmployTest allow us to ensure that our pre-hire testing process is non-discriminatory while providing a wide range of topics to meet the needs of an organization with over 30 varied departments.

Cons

Recently many email servers have been sending the test invitations to a high-level spam so that the candidate never gets the test. Then I have to go back into the system and send it to myself so I can forward it to the candidate from a city email. Could you copy the administrator on the invitation to save this step for us?

Reasons for choosing EmployTest

We did our due diligence by researching all online testing companies before determining that EmployTest best suited our needs. Our decision was based on reviews, sample tests, and interaction with the outstanding support staff.

Response from EmployTest

Thanks Brenda for your comments. Yes, our tests follow all EEOC guidelines (and DOL Uniform guidelines) to help you maintain a non-discriminatory hiring process. Our team will be pleased to know you selected us from the many testing options that you reviewed.

Linda

Industry: Law Practice

February 2022

How Employ test helps us find the best candidates

Amazing support when you need it. Ease of use so you don't often require assistance. Once it is set up the way you like you never have to change it. We set it up and then wanted to change out some questions - no problem!

Pros

Easy to set up and easy to use. Not to mention the PREPARATION and getting the right questions for our firm. We had help all along the way with customizing the test to suit our needs.

Cons

Not really anything comes to mind - maybe change the payment style to a bundle... Instead of a charge for each individual test charge for 1, 2 or 3 modules for small savings. But we have Zero complaints with the product itself.

Response from EmployTest

Linda, thanks for your comments and for your firm's continued use of EmployTest over the years.

Matt

Best Candidate Assessment System

We are filtering out candidates who do not have the technical abilities to perform basic daily functions. It's amazingly valuable.

Pros

The test questions are perfect for obtaining a skill baseline for our prehire candidates. The test bank is awesome, and the fact that I can create a completely custom test is exceptional. Great system!

Cons

Multi-language would be great! We would use this system globally if we could get these tests in German also.

Most comprehensive, best value

Response from EmployTest

Thanks Matt for your comments. We do have tests in different languages so we'll compare what you're using to see if we have the same test in German, Spanish or other languages.

Rebecca

Industry: Import and Export

EmployTest Review

I have had a great experience with EmployTest and would recommend the company to anyone who has the responsibility of finding good candidates. The test is easy to use and the results are emailed to the administrator in minutes after the test has been taken.

Pros

EmployTest is easy to use, customizable for company needs and is able to be taken in office or at home. In addition, the customer service is excellent.

Cons

I would like to have several versions of the test depending on the role.

I do not know of any

Response from EmployTest

Thanks Rebecca for your comments and use of our test platform.

Ben

Industry: Dairy

Meets Our Organization's Needs

So far so good. It is meeting our testing needs at multiple locations.

Pros

Easy roll-out to multiple testing administrators. Easy to make adjustments as overall administrator. Many testing options. Test reports.

Cons

No gripes at this time. Really no issues to date. EmployTest Customer service responds quickly to general inquiries.

Reasons for choosing EmployTest

Ease of use. Cost. Met specific need.

Response from EmployTest

Thanks Ben for your review and for Schreiber's use of the tests. We're happy that the test options are useful and our customer service team is taking great care of you.

Replied June 2021

Juanita

April 2022

Great value for money

We have been using EmployTest for several years and have had a great experience. Their customer service is always top notch as well and they are always able to help and answer any questions we have.

Pros

The assessments are easy to administer and they are specific to our needs

Cons

I don't really have any cons - we have been able to get the information we need from these assessments and reporting.

Response from EmployTest

Thanks Juanita for your comments and for using our tests for several years. Glad to hear the customer service team is taking good care of you!

Replied April 2022

Erika

February 2022

Great for pre-employment and current employment skills assessment!

Our Account Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], is absolutely amazing! One of the most responsive and attentive people we work with from all outside vendors.

Pros

Having the ability to choose from an assessment that has already been created or being able to create a custom assessment has allowed us to have the perfect test for all of our needs.

Cons

The only challenge we have is that you cannot use keyboard shortcuts when using the Microsoft skills assessments.

Response from EmployTest

Thanks Erika. Our Microsoft tests do accept almost all shortcuts so we'll connect with you to make sure your candidates know all the answering options. Happy to know your account manager is taking excellent care of you!

Denise

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

EmployTest Review

We have had a great experience with EmployTest and use it frequently.

Pros

The range of tests available for candidates to fit every need, web based and very easy to use.

Cons

I can't think of any at this time. We have not had any issues with the product.

Reasons for choosing EmployTest

Very cost effective and it has a wide variety of tests available.

Response from EmployTest

Thanks Denise for your comments. Yes, we have hundreds of test titles (all EEOC compliant) and a range of price/packages for large down to small use. There's something for everyone. Happy to know our partnership with Infosync continues to be strong.

Replied February 2021

Brenda

employ test

Pros

very user friendly for both myself and the applicant

Cons

when purchasing credits, It is not instant that my credit appears. I typically have to email to verify that it went to our account

na

Reasons for switching to EmployTest

was looking for more details

Response from EmployTest

Thank you Brenda for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you have emailed about your credits arriving. Most orders are processed instantly but occasionally there can be a delay of a few minutes. We'll check into it for your account. Thank you again - I hope this helps.

Kalyssa

Great Product - A few functional flaws

The customer service through EmployTest is some of the best I've ever seen! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is our Account Manager and she always responds quickly and helps me out with any issues that I experience. She is truly top tier!

Pros

I love how easy it is to send tests to my hiring candidates, the platform is easy to use from the employer side, and results are returned to me quickly. I also like how comprehensive the assessment reports are.

Cons

I have had candidates reach out to me who have had issues with the Word-Excel-Outlook 2016 test. The platform does not accept shortcuts, so it is common that candidates do not know the formal process of a function in Excel and miss points on the question because of it.

Response from EmployTest

We appreciate your comments, Kalyssa and thanks to you and the Aria team for using EmployTest for almost 5 years now. The system does accept most shortcuts, especially the common ones, but it is a simulation of the program (not the actual program). Simulations provide the best overall experience without the test taker needing MS Office installed on their computer, but there a few limitations here and there. We're happy to know our team is providing you great service and we look forward to working together as Aria continues to grow.

Replied March 2021

Danaisa

EmployTest Review

Overall, my experience with employ test has been positive and it has helped our institution become much more consistent when evaluating candidates making our hiring process much more equitable and fair for all involved.

Pros

What I enjoy most about this product is the conveniences of it. It makes it much easier for candidates to access this product from where they are. Testing has become much easier on our end thanks to employ test. Lastly, we are fans of the instant test results that are sent via email, this has helped us become more fair and consistent across the board.

Cons

The least favorite thing about this software is that fact that sometimes it takes candidates a while to catch on how to navigate the simulation system. Also, the system will give candidates and incorrect answer mark if they attempt to complete the task via a "shortcut" in the software. If the system allowed for shortcuts it would all us to still accurately rate and score candidates.

Response from EmployTest

Thank you Danaisa for your feedback. We appreciate our customers in the Higher Ed field. Yes, remote testing does make it easier on your candidates to complete the tests and the instant results allow you to move candidate more quickly through the process. Our Office tests do accept shortcuts, where available, in our simulated test screens. We'll connect with you on that. Thank you again!

Replied August 2021

EmployTest Feedback

Pros

I really enjoy using this software to review our incoming candidates. It gives us an ideal of their skill set and what they can bring to our organization. Our account contact responds very quickly to any questions that may arise.

Cons

I do not like the timing out feature. I'm constantly having to login all the time. I also miss the previous lay out of the dashboard when you login.

Response from EmployTest

Thanks Jennifer for your comments. We're happy to know you are getting a better understanding of your candidates' skills, as well as that your account manager is giving great service. The account "log-out" frequency relates to account security and we'll look into your comments about the frequency. Thanks again for your feedback and best of luck with your hiring plans.

Replied December 2020

Amy

Very reliable tool for HR Recruitment

Not only is the product of great quality, but the level of customer service and partnership I receive from my Rep at Employ Test is of the highest standard.

Pros

Very easy to use, integrated seamlessly with my ATS.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything negatives using this product.

Response from EmployTest

Hi Amy, thanks for taking the time to review EmployTest. We're so glad that you've been able to use our product and found it easy to integrate with your ATS! I'll be sure to pass on your feedback about customer service as well--I'm happy we were able to exceed your expectations there. We love hearing from our customers and know that reviews like yours help us grow and improve. Thanks again for writing a review and if there's anything else we can do for you please let us know!

Caress

Industry: Biotechnology

Excellent assessment service

My overall experience has been positive. The customer service is excellent, the Employtest team is always there to help me if I have questions. Most importantly, the assessments have allowed us to determine the best/most qualified candidates for our company.

Pros

I love the ability to customize tests in order to align with our organization's expectations. Our hiring managers have thoroughly enjoyed receiving the candidate assessments, and they have helped our company hire quality AND qualified candidates in many different skillsets.

Cons

The only thing I wish could be more easily visible are the ability to see examples of the assessments. When looking at the list of test options, it is difficult to determine which test would be the best option without having access to easily viewing example questions prior to sending it out to candidates.

Response from EmployTest

We're excited to have Healthcare customers like you and Syneos as part of our customer team. We hope customers will sample each test before using with applicants, to ensure suitability and we'll connect to make sure you have the test descriptions. Thanks!

Replied February 2021

Richard

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

A great alternative for software testing

Happy to say that the tool does the job just as well as any other more costly competitors.

Pros

The software was easy to set up and use. I was looking for an alternative to the Kenexa Prove It! tests and this one works just as well and doesn't lock you into a contract.

Cons

I have not come across any cons worth bringing up to date. The layout could use some refreshing but since that has no impact on the results, I don't stress over it.

Reasons for choosing EmployTest

COST. I chose EmployTest over Kenexa Prove it! because it didn't require that I sign a 1 year contract. The software is just as easy to set up and use.

Response from EmployTest

Thanks Richard for the positive review. It's true that we don't require an expensive annual contract--you just buy on a "pay as you go" plan, based on usage. You also have access to 100+ test titles (EEOC compliant, validated tests). We look forward to continuing the relationship with you for years to come.

Replied April 2020

Stephanie

Employ Test Review

I have had a very enjoyable experience with Employ Test with testing and with customer service. I have not had a bad experience.

Pros

This software's usability is what makes it top-notch. It is easy to navigate and for end-users to use.

Cons

I do not have a least favorite thing about this software.

Response from EmployTest

Thanks for your comments. Your use is slightly different than others, in that you're testing student knowledge of Microsoft programs. We're happy that you find it so easy to use!

Keri

EmployTest Experience

We have been able to identify certain training starting points for onboarding by reviewing the test results with the candidate we chose to hire. Its also a great tool for current staff for Professional Development. Our Account Manager is always happy to answer questions and easy to reach, we have been very happy with our relationship with EmployTest.

Pros

This software has so many options to choose from, we have always felt there was a test specific to the needs of the position we were hiring for. The rest results are easy to follow and is a great tool to use as part of our interview process.

Cons

No cons to date! From ordering credits to having potential hires complete the test, its always been a smooth process.

Response from EmployTest

Thanks Keri. We're happy that the wide test selection/variety has suited your needs.

Great Assessment System

Pros

I like that I can email the assessments to candidates when they are unavailable to take the test in our office.

Cons

I dislike that this program doesn't let you answer with shortcuts.

Response from EmployTest

Hello and thanks for your comments. Yes, our Office tests do allow shortcuts for answers (we all use shortcuts, right?) so we want to talk with you! Your review is anonymous to us, so we can't contact you directly, but please ask your account manager or email sales@employtest.com so we can talk. Thanks for the great review!

Lauren

Good Product

Very happy with the product.

Pros

We chose this product because they offer a customizable assessment at a fair price. Great customer service as well.

Cons

Response from EmployTest

Hi Lauren-thanks for your comments. Yes, the customizable tests, tailored to your job description, is what sets us apart from other options. Your firm uses a test that was designed specifically for your roles, which makes it pretty handy when measuring applicants' skills. We appreciate your past business and look forward to helping with your hiring in the future.

Replied August 2020

Computer Skills Testing

Our candidates are sent a link to the test and we get the results back immediately. Super easy.

Pros

Our company uses EmployTest to test applicants to be sure that they have basic computer skills.

Cons

I haven't really found anything that I don't like.

Response from EmployTest

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback.

Karen

Great tool for testing competencies

My experience with Employ Test has been great. I would highly recommend to anyone who would like to test candidates before hiring or test competencies of staff to create development plans.

Pros

It is a great tool to use when screening candidates on competitions. I really like is that it is user friendly, test results come to me directly soon after the test is completed and the response time when we contact the company is phenomenal.

Cons

I wish there were more test options such as mechanical aptitude.

Response from EmployTest

Karen, Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the system and how it has worked for you, including our customer service and the easy to read results. Best of luck with your future hires!

EmployTest