• Pros

• "We chose this product because they offer a customizable assessment at a fair price. Great customer service as well. "

• "The range of tests available for candidates to fit every need, web based and very easy to use."

• "They have a multitude of test options to appropriately screen candidates in different departments. The online platform is very easy to use."

• Cons

• "I wish there were more test options such as mechanical aptitude."

• "Unsure of how the weighting and scoring process is determined and what is the population used for comparison of the results?"

• "Some of the areas are very subjective and are therefore difficult to measure. However, this is more of an issue for the employer than it is the fault of the assessment. "

Browse EmployTest Reviews

Bobby from GC Services

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Easy to Use

Our Account Manager is friendly and very attentive.

Pros

Many assessment choices over a wide variety of topics. It has proven very accurate, as the skill levels reflected in the tests are right in line with candidates' capabilities after they start a new position.

Cons

Nothing stands out. It is easy to use, or to find reports whenever needed.

Response from EmployTest

Replied October 2019

Bobby-thanks for your feedback. Happy to hear the tests are good predictors of job performance. That's the goal, right? Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Richard from Reconnaissance Resources LLC

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

A great alternative for software testing

Happy to say that the tool does the job just as well as any other more costly competitors.

Pros

The software was easy to set up and use. I was looking for an alternative to the Kenexa Prove It! tests and this one works just as well and doesn't lock you into a contract.

Cons

I have not come across any cons worth bringing up to date. The layout could use some refreshing but since that has no impact on the results, I don't stress over it.

Reasons for Choosing EmployTest

COST. I chose EmployTest over Kenexa Prove it! because it didn't require that I sign a 1 year contract. The software is just as easy to set up and use.

Response from EmployTest

Replied April 2020

Thanks Richard for the positive review. It's true that we don't require an expensive annual contract--you just buy on a "pay as you go" plan, based on usage. You also have access to 100+ test titles (EEOC compliant, validated tests). We look forward to continuing the relationship with you for years to come.

Kalyssa from Aria Care Partners

Great Product - A few functional flaws

The customer service through EmployTest is some of the best I've ever seen! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is our Account Manager and she always responds quickly and helps me out with any issues that I experience. She is truly top tier!

Pros

I love how easy it is to send tests to my hiring candidates, the platform is easy to use from the employer side, and results are returned to me quickly. I also like how comprehensive the assessment reports are.

Cons

I have had candidates reach out to me who have had issues with the Word-Excel-Outlook 2016 test. The platform does not accept shortcuts, so it is common that candidates do not know the formal process of a function in Excel and miss points on the question because of it.

Response from EmployTest

Replied March 2021

We appreciate your comments, Kalyssa and thanks to you and the Aria team for using EmployTest for almost 5 years now. The system does accept most shortcuts, especially the common ones, but it is a simulation of the program (not the actual program). Simulations provide the best overall experience without the test taker needing MS Office installed on their computer, but there a few limitations here and there. We're happy to know our team is providing you great service and we look forward to working together as Aria continues to grow.

Stephanie from Arrow Strategies

Pretty decent tool

It has been fine to use, I have been using the tool since 2013.

Pros

It is easy to send links to candidates and has quite a few options for testing.

Cons

I wish there was more features for the Microsoft Office Suite - We test a lot of Outlook and the 365 is very difficult, so I test on the 2010 becuase it is more user friendly as I don't want to scare applicants away with the 365 version. Also,iIt isn't compatable with MAC products.

Reasons for Choosing EmployTest

Ease of signing up and purchasing and it had the tests we were looking for.

Response from EmployTest

Replied March 2021

Thanks Stephanie for your comments and for being a customer for 8 years now. Our tests do work on the Safari browser but they don't cover the MAC Office version. Test topics are formatted for the PC version of Office We have test customization options for Microsoft Office tests, including Outlook, so we'll connect with you to make sure you can test applicants at the right level. We have hundreds of questions for Office so we'll create a test that hits the difficultly level you need (beginner->advanced). Thanks again for using EmployTest since 2013!

Jennifer from BLS Revecore

EmployTest Feedback

Pros

I really enjoy using this software to review our incoming candidates. It gives us an ideal of their skill set and what they can bring to our organization. Our account contact responds very quickly to any questions that may arise.

Cons

I do not like the timing out feature. I'm constantly having to login all the time. I also miss the previous lay out of the dashboard when you login.

Response from EmployTest

Replied December 2020

Thanks Jennifer for your comments. We're happy to know you are getting a better understanding of your candidates' skills, as well as that your account manager is giving great service. The account "log-out" frequency relates to account security and we'll look into your comments about the frequency. Thanks again for your feedback and best of luck with your hiring plans.

Stephanie from Temple College

Employ Test Review

I have had a very enjoyable experience with Employ Test with testing and with customer service. I have not had a bad experience.

Pros

This software's usability is what makes it top-notch. It is easy to navigate and for end-users to use.

Cons

I do not have a least favorite thing about this software.

Response from EmployTest

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your comments. Your use is slightly different than others, in that you're testing student knowledge of Microsoft programs. We're happy that you find it so easy to use!

Caress from Syneos Health

Industry: Biotechnology

Excellent assessment service

My overall experience has been positive. The customer service is excellent, the Employtest team is always there to help me if I have questions. Most importantly, the assessments have allowed us to determine the best/most qualified candidates for our company.

Pros

I love the ability to customize tests in order to align with our organization's expectations. Our hiring managers have thoroughly enjoyed receiving the candidate assessments, and they have helped our company hire quality AND qualified candidates in many different skillsets.

Cons

The only thing I wish could be more easily visible are the ability to see examples of the assessments. When looking at the list of test options, it is difficult to determine which test would be the best option without having access to easily viewing example questions prior to sending it out to candidates.

Response from EmployTest

Replied February 2021

We're excited to have Healthcare customers like you and Syneos as part of our customer team. We hope customers will sample each test before using with applicants, to ensure suitability and we'll connect to make sure you have the test descriptions. Thanks!

Howard from IMA Medical Group

Helping us to make better decisions

It helps us make better choices in the hiring process - we are a better organization because of EmployTest.

Pros

EmployTest helps us discover key traits in job applicants. Many times, we feel these candidates have these traits, but using the testing allows us confirmation by an independent means. It also allows us to target follow-up interview questions in areas where we may have some concerns.

Cons

Nothing - very happy with this product.

Response from EmployTest

Replied April 2019

Thanks Howard for your feedback. We're happy the follow up interview questions, based on scores, are helpful to you and your team.

Felicia from Piedmont Ear, Nose, Throat & Related Allergy, PC

Employee Test

They have great tests and exceptional customer service. I won't even meet a candidate until they have taken the tests . they save everyone's time.

Pros

Cons

I wish I could bundle the tests for different departments instead of picking from the list every time.

Response from EmployTest

Replied April 2019

Thanks Felicia for your comments and review. Glad to hear it's easy for you to use and you like all the options for test titles. We'll connect with you to set up the "Filter" so you can bundle those tests as you wish. -EmployTest

Misty from Child Care Aware of Missouri

Excellent Hiring Support

Both the product and the company are tremendous. The team is very responsive and help anytime we need it.

Pros

This software is easy to use. We have every potential staff person take a skills assessment and sometimes take a personality/organization fit.

Cons

The Microsoft testing only allows for one correct answer.

Response from EmployTest

Replied August 2020

Thank you Misty and team for using our tests for the 7th year now. Appreciate your kind comments about the product and our team. As a side note, our interactive Microsoft tests do allow more than one answer method, including shortcuts keys. We'll connect with you separately about that. Thanks again and we look forward to growing with you.

Denise from INFOSYNC SERVICES LLC

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

EmployTest Review

We have had a great experience with EmployTest and use it frequently.

Pros

Cons

I can't think of any at this time. We have not had any issues with the product.

Reasons for Choosing EmployTest

Very cost effective and it has a wide variety of tests available.

Response from EmployTest

Replied February 2021

Thanks Denise for your comments. Yes, we have hundreds of test titles (all EEOC compliant) and a range of price/packages for large down to small use. There's something for everyone. Happy to know our partnership with Infosync continues to be strong.

Keri from Masconomet Regional School District

EmployTest Experience

We have been able to identify certain training starting points for onboarding by reviewing the test results with the candidate we chose to hire. Its also a great tool for current staff for Professional Development. Our Account Manager is always happy to answer questions and easy to reach, we have been very happy with our relationship with EmployTest.

Pros

This software has so many options to choose from, we have always felt there was a test specific to the needs of the position we were hiring for. The rest results are easy to follow and is a great tool to use as part of our interview process.

Cons

No cons to date! From ordering credits to having potential hires complete the test, its always been a smooth process.

Response from EmployTest

Replied April 2019

Thanks Keri. We're happy that the wide test selection/variety has suited your needs.

Great Assessment System

Pros

I like that I can email the assessments to candidates when they are unavailable to take the test in our office.

Cons

I dislike that this program doesn't let you answer with shortcuts.

Response from EmployTest

Replied April 2019

Hello and thanks for your comments. Yes, our Office tests do allow shortcuts for answers (we all use shortcuts, right?) so we want to talk with you! Your review is anonymous to us, so we can't contact you directly, but please ask your account manager or email sales@employtest.com so we can talk. Thanks for the great review!

Computer Skills Testing

Our candidates are sent a link to the test and we get the results back immediately. Super easy.

Pros

Our company uses EmployTest to test applicants to be sure that they have basic computer skills.

Cons

I haven't really found anything that I don't like.

Response from EmployTest

Replied April 2019

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback.

Lauren from Capstone ISG

Good Product

Very happy with the product.

Cons

Response from EmployTest

Replied August 2020

Hi Lauren-thanks for your comments. Yes, the customizable tests, tailored to your job description, is what sets us apart from other options. Your firm uses a test that was designed specifically for your roles, which makes it pretty handy when measuring applicants' skills. We appreciate your past business and look forward to helping with your hiring in the future.

Karen from Town of Paradise

Great tool for testing competencies

My experience with Employ Test has been great. I would highly recommend to anyone who would like to test candidates before hiring or test competencies of staff to create development plans.

Pros

It is a great tool to use when screening candidates on competitions. I really like is that it is user friendly, test results come to me directly soon after the test is completed and the response time when we contact the company is phenomenal.

Cons

I wish there were more test options such as mechanical aptitude.

Response from EmployTest

Replied April 2019

Karen, Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the system and how it has worked for you, including our customer service and the easy to read results. Best of luck with your future hires!

Kelly from WestRock (formerly KapStone)

Industry: Machinery

Recommend

Pros

East to use and quick to answer questions or any issues I had locating a test.

Cons

Nothing. Everything was as expected. I liked it

Response from EmployTest

Replied April 2019

Thanks Kelly for your comments. We wish you continued success with your hiring process!

Luann from Heritage Bank

Review for EmployTest

We are able to quickly assess a prospective employee's skill set in a matter of minutes. This saves us from wasting time in the interview process. In addition, we have used EmployTest to assess current employees that we are considering for a promotion or job change and this has been invaluable.

Pros

We get so much for such a reasonable price. There is a good variety of assessments and the assessments are very comprehensive. Prior to the recession we used a much more expensive software system and in all honesty EmployTest is much more user friendly and much more comprehensive. We would never go back.

Cons

There are no cons. I like everything about this software.

Response from EmployTest

Replied April 2019

Thanks Luann for your comments about how the EmployTest system is helpful to you and your recruiting efforts.

Amanda from ZMac Transportation Solutions

Grateful

Great! I have had nothing but a positive experience and I am truly grateful for Employtesting.

Pros

Easy to navigate from the employers and candidates' perspectives.

Cons

There is nothing to report. We have been very happy thus far.

Reasons for Choosing EmployTest

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was phenomenal she worked with me and my teammates to ensure an easy transition. Her training was spot on! In addition to this the cost, transparency, and overall level of customer service. 10/10

Reasons for Switching to EmployTest

I want to say a year? 6 months?

Response from EmployTest

Replied December 2020

Thank you Amanda. Companies are competing for the top talent these days, so the candidate experience is very important. We're pleased to hear it's been easy to use for your both candidates AND your admin team.

Jessica from South Kingstown School Department

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great Customer Support

Pros

Very easy to use, customer support is always quick to respond and very helpful.

Cons

The old dashboard was a bit outdated but has now been updated and is much improved.

Response from EmployTest

Replied August 2020

Thanks Jessica for allowing us to help with the District's hiring processes for the fifth year now. We look forward to 5+ more years of the relationship.

Veena from Wearwell

Industry: Plastics

EmployTest feedback

Overall experience has been of value add to the recruiting and selection process. It is another objective data point used to analyze the applicant's skill sets against the criteria that we are seeking to fill.

Pros

There are a number of assessments to select from depending on the role and what the employer is looking to assess (skill or knowledge).

Cons

Response from EmployTest

Replied April 2019

Thanks Veena for your positive comments and feedback. We'll connect with you to make sure you understand the supporting documentation for each assessment you use.

Rakyah from Thornton Township HS District 205

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

EmployTest Helps Narrow the Search

We have been able to use the tests to determine which applicants are fit for the specific job.

Pros

The different types of tests and the constant updating of tests for convenience.

Cons

No cons at the moment. The tests have been helpful.

Response from EmployTest

Replied January 2021

We appreciate your feedback, Rakyah. Yes, we have 100s of tests and our test list is updated frequently. This test list, along with our budget-friendly pricing, helps customers see which applicants have the top skills!

Karen from USI Southwest

EmployTest Review

Pros

Easy to order, easy to administer. Overall a great company to work with.

Cons

I don't have any cons. We have never had any problems.

Response from EmployTest

Replied April 2019

Thank you Karen--we appreciate your use of the tests for 7+ years now!

Jennifer from Seminole Hard Rock Support Services

Great product to help Identify the right talent!

We were able to customize for our needs and it has really helped us identify the right talent at the right level that we need for our organization. We use this product monthly and have never had any issues with the systems. Our representatives are quick to respond when we need to add credits or have questions.

Pros

This product is very easy to use from the administrative side. There was recently an update to the platform which really simplified the product and being able to see all the steps/info on your dashboard.

Cons

Sometimes our candidates get confused using the "screen within the screen".

Response from EmployTest

Replied April 2019

Jennifer--Thanks for you and your team's continued use of the tests at your job fairs. We're happy to hear you find it easy to use and our team is providing the great service you expect!

Lisa from MBE CPAs

Easy and realiable testing

Everything has been good using Employ Test

Pros

Easy to use for both administrator and test taker.

Cons

There are no tests for Assurance/audit services.

Response from EmployTest

Replied April 2019

Thanks Lisa for your feedback and comments.

Nicholas from START Treatment and Recovery Centers

Employ Test Review

Very good!

Pros

We have the ability to create Customization tests

Cons

We cannot create multiple choice questions

Response from EmployTest

Replied April 2020

Thanks Nicholas for your comments and for our 5+ year business relationship.

Amy from Marmon/Keystone LLC

Industry: Mining & Metals

Great product!

Very favorable experience using their product! I'm a big fan!

Pros

EmployTest's product is very easy to use and administer to candidates. You simply email them the link to the testing and wait for the results! EmployTest offers a wide range of test options for a variety of positions and they customized a test specifically for our company. I find their test results to be very effective in helping us select the right candidate for our open positions.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything negative to say about EmployTest's software.

Response from EmployTest

Replied June 2020

Thanks Amy for your feedback. We're glad that our test list and test customization options are helping with your applicant selection process.

Monique from AC Transit

Great Service

great experience

Pros

We like the customer service, quick response time, and easy access to use the test. We do not have the man power to create test like this own our own. Being able to use EmployTest has been very helpful.

Cons

no problems. we like all the test we have used.

Response from EmployTest

Replied February 2021

Glad to know we're helping AC Transit save time with your entry-level hiring processes. Providing great service is our specialty, for both large and small customers, And transit & other government orgs make up a big part of our customer base, so Thank You

Jamie from Hayward Laboratories

Industry: Warehousing

EmployTest feedback

My customer contact at employ test has always been very quick to answer all my questions and helps me solve any issues and offers other products that may suite our needs.

Pros

the ease for applicants to understand and maneuver the system

Cons

Nothing. This software continues to be useful in recruiting

Reasons for Choosing EmployTest

This system was already in place when I started working for the company.

Response from EmployTest

Replied October 2019

Thanks Jamie for your comments. Keep us posted if there's anything we can help with, including test customization or reviewing any other test titles for suitability for your job positions.

John from Urban Resource Institute

It is Ok

Pros

There are many options to choose from to assess the individual computer skills

Cons

I dont think it serve our purpose for the positions we are recruiting for.

Response from EmployTest

Replied October 2019

Thanks John for your comments. Part of our commitment to you is to help match the tests to the positions, so we'll connect with you to learn more about the positions and how that can better be done. We have multiple test options for most positions, plus our customization tools (mix/match questions and content) could be helpful as well.