eSkill Reviews

4.47 / 5 (88)

Our advisors have recommended this product 12 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "The software is easy to use and a great tool for our company."

• "The flow of the system is very easy to use and the variety of question bank are some of the features that I like most about eSkill."

• "The biggest pro is the customer service we receive. It is fast, friendly and fixes are made as quickly as possible. They have a great interest in our company's success. "

• Cons

• "Would wish there were more simulations. There are not that many cons other than having more simulations. "

• "I haven't found anything that I can "complain" about. If there has been a problem that has popped up, the customer service team was quick to fix it! "

• "I can't create my own questions. The reports are helpful, however, they are somewhat difficult to select the type of report I am looking for."

Browse eSkill Reviews

Natasha from Minken Employment Lawyers

Industry: Law Practice

eSkill is a great way of skills screening for support staff

We are a small boutique law firm in Ontario and have relied on the results of this tool for support staff screening for more than 8 years. I personally designed the tests using the preset modules and based on the skills we require in support staff such as working knowledge of Microsoft Office, attention to detail, logical thinking, problem solving, client service etc. These are generic, not related to legal knowledge, skills and allow to get a good baseline for individuals that we select for interviews in person. I love the fact that we have flexibility in setting up our own customized test. It is very user friendly but I did use support initially and had a great experience.

Pros

Ease of use Customization and flexibility in changing tests Verity of topics, software and skills covered Customer service and support

Cons

Expiring credits when not used and continuous follow up with customer support to extend credits. The reality of the small organizations is that we go through hiring process infrequently but deal with a lot of applicants at the time which makes it difficult to predict what package to buy. Then we may still have to fill positions for leaves from time to time which is not very predictable either so having these credits on the account without having to "use them up" would be very helpful. Having said this, each time these are discussed with me and left on our account so no loss so far in the years that I've used eSkill, but some loss of time there for both, eSkill and ourselves that could be avoided.

Shanna from AtWork Personnel

Best for Aptitude Tests

From the word GO this experience has been amazing. As I stated earlier, I feel the questions relate to the skills we are testing for. Chance has been an absolute Godsend in getting everything sorted for us any time that we need it. The candidates have had minimal complaints on using this software, as well. I could not be happier that we have been able to use eSkills for nearly three years now.

Pros

I love the ease of use and that we can easily have a new test set up. We can make our own tests (if we only had the time), or our EXCELLENT representative (Chance) will set up one within an hour (or less, usually) of our request.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software. I think it is easy to use, and I feel the questions give us a fair representation of our candidates's skills.

Julie from Culligan Soft Water Services

Great Product, easy to use and even easier to customize!

Eskill has been a great product and we have had a wonderful experience working with customer support. They have a large inventory of subjects and questions to help us tailor tests to our specific needs. Eskill assessments are easy for us to administer to candidates and easy for our candidates to take online. Very rarely do our candidates have issues taking the tests online. We are very happy with our choice to use Eskill!

Pros

We love that it is easy to customize tests for our different needs. Eskill has been a fantastic solution for our pre-employment needs!

Cons

The pre-purchase of tokens is hard to gauge our need, but the price is reasonable so it isn't too much of a hardship if we don't use them all or if we need to purchase additional tokens.

Bob from JX Enterprises

eSkills

We utilize eSkills for assessment knowledge and skills for many of our position including, administrative, accounting, and mechanics.

Pros

ease to use can customize questions/create your own has canned tests

Cons

need to customize most tests applicants can "cheat" to answer questions

Response from eSkill Corporation

Replied January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review eSkill! We are happy to hear you find our testing easy to use. We are continually improving our software and adding additional ways to deter applicants from cheating on the assessments. Your Client Success Manager, Dwight, will happily discuss these different options with you.

Jennifer from Express Employment Professionals

eSkill Review

The customer service is great and the team has been wonderful for our office! The team is communicative, responsive, and friendly.

Pros

I like that it is very user friendly, both for the person taking the assessment and us in the office. It is easily changed and/or updated. The confirmation that it has been sent to people is great, as that is not a function that we had before.

Cons

I don't like that it doesn't allow us to send software tutorials out to our associates. I also feel like the scoring that we have received back on eSkill is much lower than other software that we have used. I am not sure how the scoring is done, but I know that compared to the last couple software systems we have used for testing, our associates are scoring much lower overall!

Pete from Integral Recruiting Services

SO Much Flexibility

Proficiency testing of technical topics was my primary reason for choosing eSkill and I've been very satisfied. There are many other areas that I may use and that flexibility is valuable.

Pros

The eSkill platform offers hundreds of proficiency tests for either skills or jobs. It's very easy to select a test that's pre-made and assign it to someone. Results can come back to any number of people and are available as soon as the person completes the test. A key benefit (and my favorite) is the ability to create your own test out of the thousands of questions in the hundreds of tests. In fact there are several ways to create your own test that give you so much flexibility and convenience. In my case, I created a really long test (takes over an hour to complete-not recommended) that evaluates nearly all aspects of a role ahead of me spending time interviewing. This also tells me if the candidate is really engaged.

Cons

With flexibility like this, it may take time to find all of the questions you'd like if building your own test, but it's worth the effort. Credits expire after two years, which seems like a long time, but in a crazy world, you never know what will happen.

Great Software!

Easy to use, accurate, and great customer service!

Pros

I enjoy the user friendly portal that allows you to create and adjust the aptitude test. This allows us to design just the exact test that helps us fill our client's need of staff!

Amy from @WORK Group

eSkill to the Rescue!

We used to use a competitor testing platform, and had been using for quite some time, but as they grew larger, the service level grew smaller while my bill got even larger! eSkill seemed to realize all the issues that we were having and was able to solve all of our problems while being able to implement out to all of our offices across the country. They've been a great partner!

Pros

I like that each user can customize their testing experience for the candidates. The customer service is top notch too!

Cons

That I wasn't aware of their offering sooner!

Amy from BelFlex Staffing Network

Would be nice to have

Our overall experience has been very positive. Our entire staff was frustrated in the previous platform because it literally changed overnight with no warning. We did not have training until a few weeks later and it was just not the same and it negatively impacted the experience for our testing candidates. We have been very pleased with the change and the support we get in using the system.

Pros

The ease of setting up screens and the ability to send to specific internal staff, based on the test taken. Also the ability to set up the results to be shown immediately or in email to the candidate taking the test.

Cons

Would like to see more aptitude testing for mechanical assembly basics. Tool identification, correct assembly patterns, simulation questions, perhaps with a video and questions following, would be awesome.

Erin from ACERTUS

Good Platform

Pros

Options for questions when creating the tests.

Cons

When we were customizing tests, it seemed a little tricky when saving. Once we figured that out, it worked well.

Maria from OfficeWorks, Inc.

Exceptional service

The variety of assessments provided were specific to our client needs, and as an organization we were able to identify skilled/marketable candidates

Pros

The system is user friendly, and the software has a variety of assessments to choose from. Visibility to assessment results are immediately available to help determine passing score, and most importantly identify areas of opportunity for each test taker.

Cons

We do not receive an email alert as soon as test taker completes their assessment. Nor are we able to send multiple assessments per email. Each candidate we work with may require multiple assessments to determine their skill level.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Replied January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review eSkill and share your feedback. With eSkill, you do have an option to receive score notifications via email as soon as your candidate submits their assessment. We are working on a feature that would allow you to send out multiple assessments at once.

The system easy to use and allows us the flexibility and versatility to create customized tests.

Pros

Cons

If I were to make any recommendations it would be to have eSkill get feedback from clients on updates they may need. Our business is changing rapidly and with that we need to test for new things like Iphone, IOS etc. Asking their clients for things they may need would be great.

Kathleen from KathleenMetcalf.com/training; division of Inspired for Results LLC

Skill testing made easy!

We needed a way to measure skill without being in-person with both candidates and employees. The test/assessment results factor into hiring decisions, placement into the right job/role and professional development & training plans.

Pros

eSkill allows us to simply and consistently measure skills. We can design training and development plans that include concrete information from the results.

Cons

We have to send the participants to the eSkill site; we do not have it integrated into our own. We would love to see more categories for measuring business/real estate administrative skills.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Replied January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We will certainly send your requests to our Content Development Team. Our testing system does have an open API so we can integrate with most platforms. Your Client Success Manager will be able to provide you with a statement of work to be able to integrate.

Cindy from ABF Freight System

ABF Freight Review

This allows us to get a better understanding of our applicants abilities.

Pros

The software is easy to use and a great tool for our company.

Cons

The software will close out in the middle of someone taking a test periodically.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Replied January 2019

We are happy to hear how easy you find eSkill to use! We do apologize that you experience issues during your testing. Please reach out to us directly to resolve the issues that you face.

Allison from Success Performance Solutions

We run individual reports for our smaller clients as well as resell accounts to larger clients.

Pros

The number of test subjects available, as well as the ability to pick and choose the questions within a given topic.

Cons

The inability to search for a test that has been created previously. Instead we have to scroll through pages of tests looking for the specific test we need. Also, when trying to change the order of the questions within a test, the inability to move blocks of questions, instead having to move one question at a time.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to say you can now search for created tests in your Test Center. We do have the ability to easily move the order of multiple questions at once. Our Channel Partner Manager, RJ, will reach out to you directly to show you exactly how to do this.

Pleased, but would like improvements

Overall, its been good. Great customer support and timely responses from our customer success manager.

Pros

The tool functions well and the test results are a big part of our staffing and recruiting processes. My suggestions would be to make your test result outputs be more intuitive and visually compelling. We include the results with our packets and, to be honest, they are the least compelling of all the disparate documents we include. In a word, they look "dated".

Cons

The GUI for developing tests is not intuitive and a bit clunky to use. The test result outputs are not very visually compelling

Reducing the Field

Pros

They offer many questions in their list that apply to our business and in particular, what we look for in a candidate.

Cons

The portal and subsequent use seems a little dated. As a software/IT person, it works fine for me but it could be cumbersome for others.

Chris from Sutherland Global Services

Great! Customer Service is amazing.

Pros

Ability to create custom tests. Flexibility to listen to what we need and create then implement. Toooons of questions in the bank.

Cons

Organizations of test is nothing to be desired. Its complicated to sort through the tests, edit them and move them easily.

Lauren from Bottom Line Systems, LLC

Great!

Pros

Ease of use for us and candidates testing, automatically receiving results through email, ability to customize tests

Cons

Can not think of any at this time, we have not had any issues with eskill.

Selena from CNB

eSkill Review

Pros

I like the ability to create your own test, as well as, using ones already in the system. I like that you have can more than one test for people.

Cons

Not really a con about the software. My biggest frustration was people taking the test. Most people think it is a scam or junk email.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your kind words! We do understand some test takers may assume the invitation is junk. We recommend informing the applicant beforehand to expect an email invitation coming from info@eskill.com. Alternatively, we do have an extra feature that allows you to customize your own invitation. If you are interested in learning more about customized email invitations, please reach out to us!

Tania from Ben Franklin Finance, LLC

Easy to use.

Pros

I like that I can create my own tests that fit the companies required skills. It is very helpful in determining the skills of the candidate and if they will be a good fit within our company. I like the reports so I can compare test scores between team member and candidates.

Cons

Response from eSkill Corporation

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your kind feedback! We do have an available feature called eSkill Editor, that allows you to create your own questions. Your Client Success Manager, Michelle, will be able to discuss this feature further with you.

Llewellyn from VISIONALITY

We use eSkill to vet potential candidates during our hiring process on Excel and Word skills.

Info on our job candidates Excel and Word knowledge.

Pros

I was able to customize my own tests. Automated emails are nice for both myself as the admin and for test takers.

Cons

Customizing took a long time and the interface is a bit clunky. Automated emails are long and overly complicated.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Replied January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review eSkill. We understand creating a test from scratch can be time-consuming. Your Client Success Manager is always available to assist you during this process to make it easier for you! We are in the process of updating our user interface. Please keep an eye out for our notifications and release date, as this is coming soon :)

Gina from MRO

Good Skills Test Product

Pros

The ability to customize test using systems testing database

Cons

Some test don't seem to give credit for knowing shortcuts. Also, there is no way to know what is the benchmark or how it was determined. This would be helpful when comparing testers results.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Replied January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review eSkill. We do accept all common methods of answering simulation questions. Please never hesitate to reach out to us directly, we will happily add new correct methods to answering questions. We understand the scoring scale can be confusing, your Client Success Manager, Melisa, will happily discuss benchmarking scores with you.

Kelly from Eleserv

Best Skills platform

eSkill by far provides the features to design and deploy the best skills tests and create the best candidate experience. They have a wealth of content and provide the capability to develop tests using your own content. The best part, their dedicated customer service team.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

no cons

Melissa from Accelerated Claims

Our company has had great success using eSkill. We love how user friendly it is!

Pros

Great tech support should you need help, easy to create testing and administer testing, easy for the test taker to navigate.

I have had a great experience with ESkill, especially their MS Office Simulations and with the Edito

Saving time on testing candidates in the selection process

Pros

Simulations, Large range of subjects. Integration with Taleo is very helpful. The Customer Service team is very helpful.

Amy from Total Package Professional Services

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Pros

Easy to use, easy to customize, and very transparent.

Cons

Almost too many options with tests available.

Bincy from Ingenium Solutions

eSkill is a skill assessment software which eases the recruitment process in a very efficient manner

Ease in recruitment process, Pre-screening of candidates before they get interviewed, Assessing candidates in almost every industry, Easy flow of the system

Pros

Cons

The incapability to integrate with a 3rd party software and time taken to generate a new question bank is something that I like least about eSkill.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Replied January 2019

We are happy to hear how easy you find eSkill to use! eSkill does have an open API to be able to integrate with different platforms. Our Channel Partner Manager, RJ, will reach out to you directly to discuss this process further.

Daniel from DC Services Conseils

Skills testing

Overall Ive been an avid customer of skills testing software is such as eskills. Ive been a customer with this firm and the Prior firm which owned them for more than 10 years

Pros

The software allows me to factually determine if the candidates that Im trying to hire actually have the skill sets that they declare having. I appreciate that the software is easy to use and that the results are being sent to me directly

Cons

The library of available tests could be expanded

Ramona from OSF Global Services

We love the ability to customize tests for IT jobs. It's the most efficient and accurate solution!

eSkill has been our most powerful assessment tool in recruiting for jobs demanding a mix of specific and measurable skills, such as IT managers and programmers. Being able to easily customize tests relevant to each of the project roles we need to fill had us hiring better talent, boosted project success, and subsequent client loyalty. Our eSkill tests revealed all the candidates relative expertise levels before we hired them, and was a great investment for our business practice

Pros

flexible, accurate and easy to use.

Excellent Customer Service

Pros

I wanted to thank you for the consistently excellent customer service that eSkill, and especially CSR has provided us. I know in todays world, we often only hear the negative complaints, so I wanted to take a moment to send you some positive feedback: CSR has always been so very pleasant and extremely responsive to any needs we have had. We appreciate the services eSkill offers and it has been wonderful to have a real live person to discuss our needs and help solve the challenges we face. CSR is consistently professional and accessible. Thank you for employing such a great representative of your company. It is so appreciated!

Cons

I am pleased with the software and do not have anything negative to say.

Donna from Cartus

We've had a great experience with eSkill for the many years we have been using it.

Tests exactly what we need for our call center positions and some other departments as well.

Pros

Easy to set up candidates for testing. We have used it for many years and have been very happy with it overall. The test was set-up per our guidelines.

Cons

Nothing really. We've had great luck with this product. Would like to be able to search by last name and have everything related to that person show up on one page.

Lindsay from MARCUS & MILLICHAP

Awesome customer service, Dwight is so fast and a pleasure to work with! Your pricing is competitive - you would be able to charge a bit more if you streamlined some of your functionality.

Pros

updates to tests based on software updates is great! We can request a test and eSkill accommodates within 3-4 months.

Cons

Some aspects are "clunky" like we have separate accounts for all of our branches and customer support must update a test on each branch account for us rather than us updating a test we've customized and being able to post it to each branch account on our own.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Replied January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review eSkill. We appreciate your feedback as this helps us to continuously improve our testing system. We have sent your feedback to our Content Development Team to review and resolve to be able to update all tests at once.

Erin from Attune Foods

Great System that Meets a lot of Needs!

I have always had great customer service form eSkill and very consistent information all the years we have been working with them!

Pros

eSkill is simple to use and easy to access. In the almost three years we have been using eSkill in our hiring process, we have had improved candidates for interviews. The testing is also super customizable!

Cons

It can seem pricey, but the benefits to our company are

Christine from Philadelphia Corporation for Aging

love this software have recommended it to others

we are able to determine if an applicant really does possess the skills we are looking for.

Pros

I like that there are a lot of choices. you can also create your own test pulling from different tests.

Cons

there are so many choices, it can be overwhelming. I had to search a little bit to find the tests that had the questions I was looking for. our job titles did not necessarily match yours.

Toni from Justice Institute of British Columbia

Wonderful customer service; efficient & knowledgeable staff; testing works for hiring staff.

Ease of convenience; wide range of topics that you can test potential candidates on.

Pros

Ease of use and I can send testing to candidates via email remotely, which is beneficial and saves time.

Cons

It can be a bit time consuming to set up a new test; however I have had the help of our account rep, who has designed the test for me based on my comments, so this has worked well.

Anna from CCi

eSkill saves us time in the recruiting process

Saves time, easy to use, helped us automate something that we were previously trying to do manually.

Pros

Easy to use, effective tool for screening candidates for our call center, good feedback from candidates about their experience taking the assessment.

Cons

A little expensive to use as a screening too, would use it more often if it was more cost efficient.

Mahela from HTH Asset Management

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

eSkill review

My experience in the two years working with eSkill has always been positive. The service is great, the turn around time on tasks is great, and the people are knowledgeable and helpful. I couldn't ask for a better product and accountability.

Pros

I enjoyed that when I reached out to have a test created with a specific job description, my reps created it exactly as I wanted it and in the degree of difficulty I wanted it to be.

Cons

Nothing, it is everything I need it to be and it continues to serve a purpose.

Sandee from XLA

Easy to use and is great to use when you need to ensure that a candidate has the right skills!

Pros

I like that I can customize each skills assessment to match the position requirements. It is especially useful when I need to find a candidate that requires specific skills and this software ensures that we are finding someone who has a proven ability to pass the assessment.

Cons

I have not found anything so far that I do not like about it. We do not use it for every single position, just the ones that require a specific skill set, such as Excel.

Donnita from NettWorth

Easy Testing site

It is easy to use the software and easy to communicate with support

Pros

It was easy to formulate a test for a possible new hire to see if they possess the talents needed for the position. When i had concerns, customer support was very responsive and helpful.

Cons

There was nothing i didnt like. it was easy

Jake from Attorney Search Network

Helpful, easy to use, value

Very positive. The ROI on eSkill is very high.

Pros

The users who engage in the testing software, find using the test easy. The test results are very reflective of the actual knowledge of the user.

Cons

It takes time to set up tests. Budget about an hour of non-interrupted time.

knowledge testing does not translate into predictable performance

Good

Pros

easy to use platform good customer service Ability to customize

Cons

knowledge testing does not translate into predictable performance: We are looking into case studies as part of our recruitment process to get a better sense of candidate's overall analytical, presentation and organizational skills.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Replied January 2019

We are happy to hear how easy you find eSkill to use! Your Client Success Manager is available to you to assist you in performing a case study.

Kim from County of St. Clair

St. Clair County

Our experience has bee very positive. We are utilizing it more and more every year.

Pros

Simulation and large variety of questions and subject matter

Cons

the process of building a test is not super user friendly. When reviewing I would like the option to remove irrelevant questions at that time instead of going back to the summary page to remove them.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your feedback! If we are understanding your feedback correctly, you do have the option to delete a question during the Preview Test option. This button is located under the Question Navigator. Your Client Success Manager, Michelle, will reach out to you directly for further guidance.

Linh from Alz Association

Eskill review

Assessing candidate skill level has helped us make informed hiring decisions for positions.

Pros

The software is easy to use and the assigned account rep is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

There are so many tests available that it can be difficult to narrow down to my needs and set up the appropriate test. However, this a good problem to have and the rep usually assists me if needed.

eSkill

Pros

The pre-employment testing we applied to most of our hires was very helpful in establishing benchmarks for ability and has correlated with success on the job.

Cons

The dashboard design looks a bit dated and is not always intuitive.

Emily from EFCA

Easy to use and wide variety of test options

Pros

I like how many test subjects and categories there are, and how many sample questions are within each of those subjects. It's easy to look through the questions and select which ones I'd like to use for my tests.

Cons

It can be a bit cumbersome to create a test from scratch.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Replied January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review eSkill. We are happy to hear you enjoy our vast subject library! We do understand creating a test from scratch can be time-consuming. Your Client Success Manager, Sydney, is always available to assist you during this process to make it easier for you!

Lisa from USHEALTH

very good

Pros

Easy To use for setting up tests. Easy to see results.

Cons

Did not offer some of what we wanted to test on

Courtney from Express Pros

Great testing software

Pros

This program is easy to use and easy to set up.

Cons

Some of the tests need editing for every day questions.

Silvia from Financial Center Credit Union

Great product overall

eSkill has been a great resource for us when we are looking for a specific candidate with job skills that are tailored to a position.

Pros

I like that I am able to mold an exam into exactly what I am looking for and am able to preview the exam before sending it out. This allows me to ensure that our candidates will be tested on what applies to us specifically and not just an industry.

Cons

The platform overall is not the easiest to navigate through. However, after some browsing around, you are able to get the basics down.

WENDY from SOUTH CENTRAL UTAH TELEPHONE ASSOCIATION

Great Software!

Great experience. Would definitely recommend.

Pros

Great customer service! The questions I asked were always promptly answered by friendly staff. The ability to customize a test to meet our particular needs was a wonderful option. We were able to zone in on exactly the skills we wanted to test.

Cons

No cons to report so far. It works great.