What are Gem users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Gem software through verified user reviews

• icon"The integration with GSuite was very easy. It makes candidate outreach seamless and automated."
  • icon"I've really enjoyed the ease of use and extreme customizability of Gem. It really increased my messaging volume and quality."
  • icon"I no longer have to leave a linkedIn profile to source and recruit effectively."
  • icon"I've been having issues with uploading candidate profiles into out ATS. Perhaps it is a function of the customization and setup, I am not sure."
  • icon"I would say there are many times where the email address is incorrect or is no longer in use."
  • icon"Manual inmail sequences. Difficult to setup/share drip campaigns with teammates."

Browse all Gem Reviews

• Have you used Gem and would like to share your experience with others?

Scott

Time used: Unspecified

Gem Recruiting User Review

Aaron

Gem the key to my workflow

I love what Gem has meant to my productivity. I honestly don't understand it when people tell me they don't get it. I couldn't imagine doing my job without it. I would seriously consider quitting or finding another role within the company if Plaid ever told me they were nixing Gem.

Pros

When I switched over to Gem 3 years ago, It eliminated about 3 additional tools from my process, thusly saving me time and brain power. I no longer have to leave a linkedIn profile to source and recruit effectively. The product also now has a very robust and powerful search function within their app that allows me to not even have to use LinkedIn for several days at a time. I can stay within gem.com and create custom automated messages that I know will sync well with my ATS for ease of mind in data integrity.

Cons

The design, both within the app and the widget, can be a bit "cumbersome;" however, I know that they have made some recent hires in that area and I have already seen some great improvements.

Reasons for switching to Gem

We haven't fully, there are still some folks using TF, but 95% of the recruiters and other members of the company that have used Gem once, switched over full time from TF.

Roberta

Glad that I signed up

Pros

Amazing tool to classify and organize data. Pivot to send mass emails

Cons

I wish they had a live customer service, however, they do answer very fast

Reasons for switching to Gem

I didn't have good training, could understand the platform , also Gem chrome extension is a life saver

Terry

Corporate Recruiter

Very good !

Pros

You have to play around with GEM but once you acquainted with the system yo can master it

Cons

The time to feel comfortable learning and working with it. And the wait time in changing from one screen to the next.

Anna

Great experience using Gem

Great

Pros

Easy to use, Great report analytics Ability to personalize messages and send automatic follow-ups

Cons

Email finding function. Outside USA this works really bad

Reasons for switching to Gem

They didn't have such a wide range of reports, analytics

Michelle

GEM Review

Pros

I really enjoy the email sequences. It saves me time and help me organize my responses. I love that you have an AI component to capture responses that have an indication of interest. It would be excellent if that could be applied to candidates who are not interested. Saves time on updated the responses. I like the Prospect fields. Having the ability to view multiple projects and adjust the filters to meet a current role is KING!

Cons

I just had one hiccup which was dealt with in an efficient and speedy fashion with customer support. Microsoft kept locking the account due to bulk messaging. The customer service rep responded to me immediately and gave me a resolution. Other than that, (and that wasn't any fault of GEM), everything is great!

Industry: Computer Games

May 2022

You need this, trust me.

A+++++++ [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is the best, he listened to a lot of my feedback early on and really valued my ideas. The engineers are awesome. Early on we had a few technical problems and they would always act quick and fix things fast even if that involved coming to our company office. Customer Service / Support is amazing. They always get back to me really fast and always have a solution that will fix my problem. I love their blogs, articles, open houses, recruiter meetups, and all the other events that they are always hosting. They offer so much it's just incredible.

Pros

I've been sourcing for 22 years and I always prayed / hoped / wished there was a tool that would make my life easier. Gem is that tool. It's fast - you can upload a candidate from Linkedin, throw it in a project folder, throw it in a prospect req in GH, find a personal email address, write a personalized email and have it go into an automated followup sequence that will follow up for the rest of time if you want it to. And I can do all that in about 30 seconds. It's amazing. I can see who is opening my email, who is clicking on my links, who is replying, and who is interested. I can send emails as my boss with his real email address. I can see all my metrics and monitor my conversation rates. For candidates that never replied in the past, I can easily through them into a new sequence and continue reaching out. Its an amazing tool!

Cons

I've been begging [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to build an ATS but he won't do it. :(

Talya

Industry: Biotechnology

I am loving GEM!

I have really enjoyed Gem and would highly recommend that you try it out! You can also create a dashboard of analytics on projects you create and on positions linked to your ATS which can really help to paint a picture for hiring teams.

Pros

My favorite thing about Gem is that it integrates with my ATS system as well as LinkedIn Recruiter. I am able to see if my colleagues have added a potential candidate to a project or reached out to them. Reaching out to the same candidates provides a bad experience. Gem uses personal email addresses which adds a personal touch when reaching out. I also love the fact that I can set up dates/times for messages to go out, 5 and 6 days after each message. This feature is customizable and the analytics prove that candidates will respond even on the third try. With Gem, you don't have to worry about anything, your email sequences are scheduled once you send out your first message. It's a wonderful tool that has helped me find great passive candidates for my roles.

Cons

I would say there are many times where the email address is incorrect or is no longer in use. My solution to that is to send an introductory message through LinkedIn (only once) and then send the full sequence in Gem that way you are hitting both sides in case the individual does not have an email.

Industry: Biotechnology

Excellent Product!

Awesome! I would say GEM is a great partner to help achieve our Talent Acquisition goals. Our current ATS (Lever) does not offer some of the features this technology does. I'm so happy we decided to partner with GEM!

Pros

The technology offers a great dashboard experience for producing reports for our internal clients, they are easy to set up and share. We also use the technology to source, send sequenced messages, and manage a passive candidate pool. Great software, I would highly recommend it!

Cons

There are still some features that are in production or haven't made it to this state, but there are only a few of these situations. On one or two occasions, we've asked for enhancements our Account Manager/Tech Lead took our feedback and shared it with their Engineering team. To my surprise, our request made it into production and 2 weeks later the feature was created in the product. I'm super happy with the partnership and response from GEM.

Sandra

May 2022

Amazing tool to source for candidates

I enjoy using Gem. It's a great tool that has kept on changing since early on. They keep making it better.

Pros

- It's easy to send messages, engage with candidates by setting up reminders. Also, great analytics data.

Cons

The only feature that is missing is adding information when a prospect accepts the invitation to connect on LinkedIn. It has to be added as an InMail instead of using the personal LinkedIn messaging service.

Reasons for choosing Gem

Early on, I relied on spreadsheets. In my previous company, we began using Gem and in my current role I asked to have Gem.

Sarra

Loving this!!

Great!!

Pros

Diversity metrics & conversion rates are really interesting to help us see how we source on autopilot and where to improve.

Cons

User interface is not the best, it could be better!

Analytics & product maturity

April 2022

great for messaging but too much clicking through

Pros

great for crm, & email sequencing. in general I like how I can see who's viewing my messages

Cons

lots of clickthroughs, need to upload profiles/emails individually .

Samantha

Easy to use - great way to stand out to candidates!

Pros

I've been a Gem user for over 2 years now. Gem is super user friendly and intuitive. Because the product is so intuitive it was very easy to get onboarded and comfortable with it. What I love most about the product is how it automatically catches mistakes like double emails to the same candidate, missing links in emails etc. Gem takes care of all the details so I don't have to. My job as a recruiter has gotten infinitely easier! I also just love the core product. When I was sourcing manually I would often forget to send 3rd and 4th follow up emails -- now Gem does all that for me. Lastly, the data Gem provides about each campaign has been SO valuable -- I now have all the information I need to adjust and adapt my approach based on what that data is telling me. Before Gem I was sort of flying blind, I ended up doing a lot of data analysis manually which was incredibly time consuming and frustrating and I was never 100% sure things were accurate. I am a big fan of this product!

Cons

Nothing really - I love this product! Gem's customer service is amazing so whenever we notice a bug or have issues with things not working well we've always been able to get everything fixed quickly.

Gem is the choice tool for your sourcing needs

Overall we are very happy with Gem has our primary sourcing and outreach platform. We are also happy with the support from the team who are quick to respond to any issues as well as being open to feedback and product enhancements.

Pros

Gem is a very intuitive product and may not have the bells and whistles of some of the other sourcing tools in the market, but what it can do - it does really well. The ability to customize drip campaigns and A/B test your sourcing outreach is the primary reason that we chose Gem, coupled with the ability to send on behalf of leaders across your organization also enables you to be more successful in your outreach. What's more, Gem can accurately identify and source direct email contacts for prospects to allow you to connect with candidates easily.

Cons

As with any data sources, the email lookup is not always going to be 100% accurate.

Reasons for choosing Gem

On recommendation from peers as well as the intuitiveness of the product compared to Entelo.

Reasons for switching to Gem

I wanted a more robust sourcing tool and better data reporting capabilities.

Victor

May 2022

Greatest prospect outreach tool!

Since really diving into Gem back in September of 2021, I've found this to be such a great tool to use. The support we get from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] as well, is certainly very, WHITE GLOVE! I love everything Gem is and how impactful it's been in my day to day work.

Pros

Some of the most helpful features for me when using Gem, is the data and analytics it provides. It's impressive how it can break down analytics based on stages in sequences, projects, and also gives you freedom to build custom reports, as needed (per recruiter, per job, timeline basis, etc).

Cons

One of the things I wish Gem did contain was the 'interested/not interested/reach out later' options in the project view. It has it in the sequence view, but not for projects. I find that this would be very helpful as sometimes there is a lot of people in a project that don't necessarily get added to a sequence as Gem was unable to populate an email for them; if that's the case, then I typically proceed to send this person an inMail or a connection request on LinkedIn along with a message. It would be good if we can track their responses in the project view as well to also see how many people IN TOTAL are responding, not responding, etc.

Katie

March 2022

Gem is ESSENTIAL to your recruiting needs!

I have been using Gem for over two years and can't imagine recruiting without it. It keeps candidates organized, the AI is amazing, and its a great resource for reaching out to people that you could have never reached out to before.

Pros

I love that you can track who has opened your messages, clicked on your links, email got bounced, etc. It really helps to target people so that they can actually view your message. This is essential to recruiting since half the battle is getting your message to the candidate in the first place.

Cons

I think the filters could be more easily used. I am often trying to filter and not sure the EXACT words used to filter through my candidates. Having a go-to list would be great. Ex: unopened, read, etc.

Reasons for choosing Gem

I've always used Gem so it was an easy choice.

Blake

I love using Gem and their team!

Through my experience working with Gem I've been able to harness our recruiting data to allow is to make huge strides with our Diversity recruiting goals as well as uncover insights that help us re-organize and become a more efficient team. The team at Gem has been very helpful and I love partnering with them as they certainly have been committed to enabling us to achieve our goals.

Pros

I love that it gives us the ability to track our recruiting efforts towards our Diversity goals. I also love how easy it is to automate sequences and email campaigns while also providing quantifiable data so we can continue to iterate on our strategies. Lastly, the reports are great to view recruiting pipeline health.

Cons

Whenever I think of something that could be improved on the team is quick to help me find the solution. I really enjoy partnering with their CS team.

Gem is legit

Gem has made it incredibly easy to schedule multiple tailored messages to candidates and easily keep track of their responses. It allows me to share candidates and notes with hiring teams.

Pros

I use the projects and sequences daily. They are an incredibly powerful way to coordinate outreach across myself and my hiring team. They are a force multiplier in terms of our outreach. Also the ability to visualize our talent pipeline is incredible.

Cons

I honestly don't have complaints about it. I know that sounds made up. There are features I haven't used much, like prospecting, but it does most of the things I want from it seamlessly.

Marissa

GEM is the BEST

Pros

GEM is tackling problems that other recruiting tools have failed to tackle or don't do well enough. Everything I don't like about LinkedIn Recruiter, the ATS's I've used, the reporting tools, GEM has created a solutions and made those workflows easy and effective!

Cons

It can be hard to get adoption of the tool because many recruiters comes from roles where they either didn't have great tools or the tools they had were ineffective. There needs to be a champion at every company and a SME to help get the adoption.

March 2022

Great CRM and great insights!

I love it. It eases my work flow as a sourcing recruiter, I've had many positive candidate experiences that came from the automated follow-ups. It's simple to change up sequences and track the success of various campaigns.

Pros

Easy for follow ups, tracking candidates, tracking metrics (including gender).

Cons

The UI could be a bit more pretty and modern if I had to say something.

Moved companies

Sandra

Amazing recruiting tool

Pros

What I like the most about using gem is that I forgot to use old spreadsheets and I don't longer have to send manual follow-ups. I like that everything is automatic. I can work at any time and schedule messages without worrying about doing the work at a specific time.

Cons

From time to time, there are technical glitches; however, those are usually solved within minutes or on the day!

Automation

Ethan

Secret Weapon

Pros

- Automates the sourcing process, allowing you to set up drip campaigns (either short bursts or long-term) - Data visualization in sourcing efforts - Ease of access to hiring teams to have insight into sourcing efforts

Cons

- Manual inmail sequences - Difficult to setup/share drip campaigns with teammates - Expensive

Reasons for switching to Gem

Resource was acquired by Gem :)

Master User of GEM in only 6 months

It has been a good experience so far, I've found the team behind Gem to be helpful and knowledgeable. I also am thrilled that they never seem to stop trying to improve and innovate.

Pros

I was given this software as a tool with very little instruction and it's been simple and easy to pick up. I also uncover new features and tricks every day. It's by far the best CRM/Linkedin tool I've used in a long time. I've used tons of different CRM/ATS's and Chrome extensions over my career, and Gem is by far one of the best tools I've found.

Cons

If they could find more emails readily that would be helpful. I also think there should be an automatic reminder tool for bounced and non-responsive candidates.

February 2022

Overall happy but platform still needs improving

Overall experience is very good but there can always be better. Gem does not find a lot of email addresses for the Healthcare industry and this means it can take an entire day just to find 50 personal email addresses for Healthcare candidates. I was massively disappointed when the Indeed integration came out because it doesnt have the capacity to reach out to cold candidates via email. I am not even sure why the integration was done to be honest

Pros

Very easy to create email and text campaigns. The product is very easy to setup and has served me extremely well in terms of placements and interviews

Cons

The platform should not be using Google Business as an email client as this platform does not work for sending cold emails

Nazia

Truly a Gem

I would highly recommend Gem to any software or tech recruiting practice The email scraping is first-class and automated outreach makes our lives a lot easier

Pros

Ease of Use Reporting and analytics bulk outreach open/click/response metrics

Cons

resume parsing could be better emails are inaccurate somtimes

Gem