• Pros

• "Ability to create sequences and the ability to integrate with various ATS's"

• "The integration with GSuite was very easy. It makes candidate outreach seamless and automated."

• "The features that we use the most are sourcing for contact information and from then on send email workflows to save time and automate a big part of our work. "

• Cons

• "The design, both within the app and the widget, can be a bit "cumbersome;" however, I know that they have made some recent hires in that area and I have already seen some great improvements. "

• "Nothing much, really. The UI sometimes feels dated, but really gets the job done! Also, they don't fully support browsers other than Chrome, but really, that's not been much of a problem."

• "If they could find more emails readily that would be helpful. I also think there should be an automatic reminder tool for bounced and non-responsive candidates. "

Browse Gem Reviews

Aaron from Plaid

Gem the key to my workflow

I love what Gem has meant to my productivity. I honestly don't understand it when people tell me they don't get it. I couldn't imagine doing my job without it. I would seriously consider quitting or finding another role within the company if Plaid ever told me they were nixing Gem.

Pros

When I switched over to Gem 3 years ago, It eliminated about 3 additional tools from my process, thusly saving me time and brain power. I no longer have to leave a linkedIn profile to source and recruit effectively. The product also now has a very robust and powerful search function within their app that allows me to not even have to use LinkedIn for several days at a time. I can stay within gem.com and create custom automated messages that I know will sync well with my ATS for ease of mind in data integrity.

Reasons for Switching to Gem

We haven't fully, there are still some folks using TF, but 95% of the recruiters and other members of the company that have used Gem once, switched over full time from TF.

Chris from Gladly

Gem is the choice tool for your sourcing needs

Overall we are very happy with Gem has our primary sourcing and outreach platform. We are also happy with the support from the team who are quick to respond to any issues as well as being open to feedback and product enhancements.

Pros

Gem is a very intuitive product and may not have the bells and whistles of some of the other sourcing tools in the market, but what it can do - it does really well. The ability to customize drip campaigns and A/B test your sourcing outreach is the primary reason that we chose Gem, coupled with the ability to send on behalf of leaders across your organization also enables you to be more successful in your outreach. What's more, Gem can accurately identify and source direct email contacts for prospects to allow you to connect with candidates easily.

Cons

As with any data sources, the email lookup is not always going to be 100% accurate.

Reasons for Choosing Gem

On recommendation from peers as well as the intuitiveness of the product compared to Entelo.

Reasons for Switching to Gem

I wanted a more robust sourcing tool and better data reporting capabilities.

Justine from Stealth

Huge fan of Gem!

Love Gem, no other recruiting tool compares! Highly recommend for your recruiting team.

Pros

So many things. Gem makes my recruiting workflow so much simpler and less manual. I love how it integrates with Greenhouse. It has good reporting features as well.

Cons

I wish this software integrated with Lever (a previous ATS I've used–I currently use Greenhouse). I also wish InMails could be sent more efficiently.

Stephanie from Enova International

Gem Will Save You Time!

Pros

Gem seamlessly integrated with our Linkedin Recruiter account. Gem's features allow our team to maximize productivity. The time our team has spent crafting messages and sourcing has been cut in half. As a result, we are able to provide a first in class experience to our candidates and still have time to focus on project work.

Cons

We truly have no complaints with using the software. Obviously, we would love to have the advanced analytics option packaged into the standard set-up :)

Samantha from Handshake

Easy to use - great way to stand out to candidates!

Pros

I've been a Gem user for over 2 years now. Gem is super user friendly and intuitive. Because the product is so intuitive it was very easy to get onboarded and comfortable with it. What I love most about the product is how it automatically catches mistakes like double emails to the same candidate, missing links in emails etc. Gem takes care of all the details so I don't have to. My job as a recruiter has gotten infinitely easier! I also just love the core product. When I was sourcing manually I would often forget to send 3rd and 4th follow up emails -- now Gem does all that for me. Lastly, the data Gem provides about each campaign has been SO valuable -- I now have all the information I need to adjust and adapt my approach based on what that data is telling me. Before Gem I was sort of flying blind, I ended up doing a lot of data analysis manually which was incredibly time consuming and frustrating and I was never 100% sure things were accurate. I am a big fan of this product!

Cons

Nothing really - I love this product! Gem's customer service is amazing so whenever we notice a bug or have issues with things not working well we've always been able to get everything fixed quickly.

James from Cruise

Master User of GEM in only 6 months

It has been a good experience so far, I've found the team behind Gem to be helpful and knowledgeable. I also am thrilled that they never seem to stop trying to improve and innovate.

Pros

I was given this software as a tool with very little instruction and it's been simple and easy to pick up. I also uncover new features and tricks every day. It's by far the best CRM/Linkedin tool I've used in a long time. I've used tons of different CRM/ATS's and Chrome extensions over my career, and Gem is by far one of the best tools I've found.

Cons

Gem helps us scale our sourcing

I love the start-up vibe they have and very helpful and competent team even if our timezones does not match. This is definitely a product that saves time and gives you and advantage compared to other companies.

Pros

Cons

There are some features that are in the product, but not included if you don't pay an extra amount. The product costs a bit so I would love to have that included as well. Not yet an integration to our ATS Teamtailor, but its on the way.

Peter from Wanderlog

Better than traditional ATSs, especially for sourcing

Gem's made sourcing and hiring much easier for us. It automates following up multiple times with a drip email contacts, importing and synchronizing who we've reached out to, and keeping track of both email and LinkedIn (InMail) outreach.

Pros

Gem has been perfect for us as an early-stage startup for our sourcing efforts. It nails the key features of reaching out to candidates and keeping a paper trail of who we've contacted already, and makes importing data from LinkedIn (where we do most of our sourcing) extremely easy. It also magically finds emails for the candidates; I don't know how they do it, but it's great. It's way better than a spreadsheet or Airtable/Notion, and the bigger ATSs (e.g., Greenhouse, Lever) really are overkill for us at this point.

Moses from Unity Technologies

This product is truly a Gem!

As soon as you get full buy in from the team, Gem has been our source of truth for all things sourcing. We use it to gauge our diversity efforts as well as our overall top funnel recruiting activity.

Pros

We've used this product for about a yr now and it's our go to for all things sourcing. We use it to log Linkedin reach outs and of course send direct emails. The reporting is fantastic and I really rely on it to see how my team is doing.

Cons

They are still early in their lifecycles so sometimes things can break. We've had times when it stopped working but their team is quick about addressing the issue. Customer service can take a bit long to respond but again that might just be because they are scaling quite fast.

Joe from Twilio

Must have Sourcing Tool

Gem has really accelerate the sourcing and hiring velocity for Twilio's Talent Acquisition team. We work in a very competitive job market and need Gem to keep our advantage in the market. Highly recommended.

Pros

I've really enjoyed the ease of use and extreme customizability of Gem. It really increased my messaging volume and quality. Gem has also made tracking of data very easy and transparent. A must have tool for any sourcing team.

Cons

My lease favorite piece about using Gem, was the amount of pre set up of campaigns that was required. A minor inconvenience for the ROI.

Brian from TripActions

Great product to recruit at scale

It's help us automate our sourcing workflows and provide visibility into productivity metrics.

Pros

Very easy onboarding process with intuitive to use features, product was built with the user in mind, strong analytics capabilities (especially for top-of-funnel reporting), team is super receptive to feedback and innovating

Cons

Hard to think of any to be honest. The product has come a long way since it's inception and I look forward to seeing the continued growth and innovation built into Gem.

Reasons for Switching to Gem

Cost, ease of use, product features

Iyad from Realtor.com

Excellent and easy to use

Great experience

Pros

Ability to create sequences and the ability to integrate with various ATS's

Cons

Maybe the UI can be a little better, but it is overall good

Darya from Niantic

Industry: Computer Games

Great sourcing tool!

Pros

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, but it would be great if the platform included a maildrop feature that allowed users to track emails that are sent outside of the platform.