• Pros

• "I had received a gift card from school. The integration with merchandise is excellent."

• "Generally easy to use and understand, lack of fees is fantastic, and the overall support from customer service is great."

• "Best of all, my clients are very appreciative when they receive a gift card. Overall, I'm very happy with Guusto."

• Cons

• "I found it hard to remember, so had to scroll through my email."

• "I don't think that I actually disliked something about this software."

• "This is understandable to curb potential fraud."

Browse Guusto Reviews

Jason from MSi Corp

Incentives Made Easy

The backed offers reports that makes keeping track of taxable commission for employees, all the tracking is done for you automatically. Can't go wrong there. The best part though, is probably how it works with our incentive structure. Before Guusto, we had actual physical gift cards, and the type of card would rotate week over week. With Guusto, its up to the user where they'd like to spend their money. Tracking gift cards we give employees as incentive has never been easier thanks to Guusto.

Pros

Guusto has radically improved how MSi - OBTM incentives operate. The options available to our employees are always growing and the APP makes for redeeming those rewards in store a breeze. On the backed, Guusto's solution to reporting has made keeping track of funds extremely easy and the customer service is great! If you ever have a problem customer service is there to help you right away. It has a very personal feeling when you are interacting with their support team.

Cons

Honestly I can't think of something I'd say I dislike, any issues I have come down to using Internet Explorer. Those issues are still very minor and rare! Guusto is an extremely flexible service and I'm sure that if I wasn't using Internet Explorer the few bugs I've encountered wouldn't be there.

Debbie from Live VHD Services Inc.

Quick and easy to get started rewarding your employees!

We can allow our employees to choose their reward rather than us having to choose or purchase from multiple vendors. It's quick and straightforward to buy various gift cards at once and send them at our leisure. As a new user of Guusto, I can see how this would make easy work of giving our Employees a reward whenever we want with just a few clicks. Sometimes an employee goes above and beyond, so it's a great way to let them know we appreciate all their hard work. Already we've seen an increase in employee morale just from sending them all a little something.

Pros

My favorite feature is the wide variety of merchants that Guusto has. Previously we would pick specific gift cards to give our employees. Now they can pick and choose which gift card they want with ease.

Cons

The funding is quick and easy; however the $500.00 funding for free transactions is slightly on the high side, but I understand that there are costs associated with financial transactions. I'd like to see an option for a $250.00 funding so we wouldn't have to put so much in at once. This isn't a dislike, but I also suggest that there is an option to move some of your funding from CAD to USD and vice versa so we can also reward our employees in the USA without having to do two separate fundings.

Samantha from DLA Piper

I love Guusto!

Pros

Easy to use and redeem. When you redeem and apply to a merchant gift card, it shows up instantly. Nice website and interface. Saves your history of redeeming so you know the remaining balance and which merchants you used.

Cons

When you combine gift cards, I would prefer if the old ones show up as $0.00 because it looks confusing when you see the original amounts there. Also, I would prefer if there weren't too many drop downs to click from and have more simplified tabs for ease of use and to be more visually appealing.

Tyler from ODW

Pleasant and easy going.

Pros

very simple and easy to fulfil to my customers and employees

Cons

Processing time takes a little too long than I would like.

Great way to engage and keep people motivated!

The flexibility afforded to the account holder to allow the recipient to choose their merchant of choice removes the "I hope they like this" dilemma. Guusto also helps bypass the prepaid credit card activation fees, which is a huge bonus as well. From a business perspective, having reports which track gifts purchased is a key differentiator as gift cards are often one of the things that businesses' forget about when it comes time for filing corporate taxes. The tax implication for the end-user is also tracked and can be filed through regulatory requirements for year-end as well, keeping all parties in compliance. Tracking redemption (and therefore engagement) is a huge bonus. The knowledge that unredeemed amounts won't go to waste gives companies peace of mind that they aren't just buying a traditional gift card but a full-stack service to manage their rewards and recognition systems far more efficiently.

Pros

It's always a pleasant surprise when a vendor, manager, or peer sends a nice e-gift as a follow-up random act of kindness. The key strength of the Guusto platform is the ease of use. The iOS app interface is straightforward to navigate once you have it downloaded and relatively intuitive for a person who's never received a product like this before. The creation of the account was seamless, as was accessing the bundle of merchants that Guusto currently offers, which will grow over time. The best part of the entire web service is the dashboard which allows you to glance at everything important to an end user quickly. The robust reporting features that an admin/team owner can access help quantify engagement that isn't possible through traditional "gift card hand out" systems that I've used before.

Cons

Certain merchants have a minimum spend limit which can be limiting to the redeemer.

Keith from Mortgage Architects

A must-have for anyone in business

For small month-to-month client issues, and especially at Christmas, the app really helps to builder loyalty and save time.

Pros

This free app is a great time saver, and one of the best ways to build client loyalty.

Cons

MY experience has been great. One client was technicall challenged, but appreciated that i reached out with Guusto.

Molly from SFU JDC West

Great for sending personalized gift cards

A problem we were facing was that we wanted to send virtual gifts to externals that had helped our organization, but we didn't know them well enough on a personal level to feel confident sending them a specific gift card. Guusto puts the power in their hands and gives them the freedom to choose what they would like best. It worked great for us!

Pros

I like that the gift recipients can choose which partner they want a gift card for. This gives them a lot of flexibility and makes their experience more enjoyable. I found the interface very easy to use. They accept credit cards which is great.

Cons

Keep in mind that you do have to pay a small fee to use the service. If you are sending a lot of gifts out, you can get around the fee by transferring a sum of money into your Guusto account first.

Carlos (Fred) from IBEX Payroll

Simple and effective

I believe that receiving this reward in the way it was without Guusto would be much harder for the company that wanted to reward me. They could maybe send me a gift card number for a specific company (ex: Walmart) through email. However, I wouldn't have the flexibility to choose where to spend it (ex: Amazon).

Pros

It's very simple to receive a reward from a company through Guusto. After receiving an email about that you just need to click on the "Claim Your Gift" button and follow the provided instructions. The interface is pretty intuitive and you can use the received amount on a variety of gift cards. The whole process took me 30 seconds only.

Cons

Nothing really. Receiving a reward was so simple that I really couldn't find anything to complain about.

Maitri from McGill

Guusto review

Enjoyed the benefits.

Pros

Great deals and features...useful for many buyers.

Cons

Umm need to use it more to answer this.

Patrick from Intact

Guusto is the best way to recognize employees

Guusto is helping in recognizing colleagues and peers, by awarding them with a gift card for their accomplishments.

Pros

Guusto is by far the easiest way to send and receive gift cards. They can be sent electronically and downloaded to a designated app, or your Apple wallet instantly. The best part of sending a gift card through Guusto is that the recipient gets to choose a gift card for something they will actually like!

Cons

I really like Guusto. My only recommendation would be to have even more selection in gift card offerings. Otherwise it’s perfect!

Lydia from Purdys Chocolatier

Using Guusto for Employee Recognition

We implemented Guusto to enable us to recognize our employees when they go "above and beyond". We do send giftcards through Guusto as prizes for these recognition activities. We've enjoyed using the Guusto platform.

Pros

Guusto has been improving continuously since we started using it. We've really appreciated that the team is focused on optimizing the platform from a user and administrator standpoint and there have been so many small tweaks that have helped us (e.g. ability to update batches of records by uploading a new list, instead of making manual changes). The support we receive has been great. Our Account Manager (Skai) is extremely responsive and always gets back to me quickly if we're experiencing any challenges.

Cons

While new features are often in development, there's no regular update to hear about them. Sometimes, we literally stumble across them. We have our employees as one big team so that everyone can see all of the nominations. It might be nice to have a filter option so that users could choose to see nominations from their team / department / location. It is possible to do this as an administrator by downloading a list if you have user records configured accordingly. The platform is not optimized for use in Internet Explorer - although it is still functional.

Response from Guusto

Replied October 2019

Hi Lydia, Thank you kindly for the thoughtful feedback that gives us a valuable opportunity to improve and earn your 5th star! Glad to hear you appreciate our continuous efforts to improve the platform! We actually publish New Feature articles in our help centre, and based on your feedback, we'll add some notifications when new ones get written. Whenever possible, we always recommend using a modern web browser like Chrome, as Internet Explorer is not well supported by Microsoft anymore. Lastly, I'm happy to report that there is already a way to filter nominations by team/department/location. Reach out to our customer success team, as we're always happy to help customers get the most out of the product. Muucho Guusto :)

Steve from Homestar Financial Corp

Incredible Service - Very easy for Users and for Admins

Instant Employee Recognition is the business problem, and Guusto has been a great tool for helping HOMESTAR Financial Corporation meet that need. It is simple enough to use; both managers and employees seem happy with how we're using it (went 'live' July 3rd of this yr). The Customer Support from CSR and his Team is INCREDIBLE! I sent a question about an issue yesterday - within 24 hours, their Tech-Design team had created a whole new solution, including adding two new feature 'buttons.'

Pros

Low cost and ease of set-up was great for getting started. And any time I have an issue or a "how can I do so-and-so...?" whatever question, I get a response and usually a solution within 30 minutes. A few times they've had to do an overnight 'update' to put in a "fix" but the next day, things have worked better.

Cons

there's limited flexibility with naming conventions, and that's a small thing (and I'm told they're looking into that). Reporting is OK, since you can dump lots of data into Excel, but it would be cool if I could choose the specific data I needed and not get "everything" at once.

Reasons for Choosing Guusto

While not the same product, we started this project of allowing employees to 'nominate / say Thank You' to other employees and tracking those comments, eventually even reporting on them using "SmartSheet." Guusto's platform is a MUCH BETTER solution, and easier to use!

Response from Guusto

Replied September 2019

Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Our goal is to empower firms with affordable real-time solutions for recognizing your people, and we're so glad it's working! We love hearing suggestions from customers that help us make the platform even better! I've passed your feedback along to our product team, and they are working to integrate some solutions. Muucho Guusto :)

Eliot from Intact Insurance

Cost efficient solution for national contests

The Guusto team was quick to provide solutions to meet the needs and expectations of our recipients. Even though the original scope of our contest did not involve using Guusto (but the global pandemic made us reevaluate our rewards program on the go), their exceptional customer service allowed us to transition to Guusto without causing delay. They were quick to respond to emails and always available for phone calls and video chats to discuss strategy and next steps. I look forward to using them regularly in the future, as a cost effective option that aligns with our company's paperless (green friendly) initiatives.

Pros

The Guusto platform provided a solution to the social distancing and office closures faces by many businesses today. It enabled our company to run a nationwide sales contest and issue rewards to individuals across the country instantly - at a significantly lower cost by eliminating postage.

Cons

If I had to submit a request for future enhancements, it would be to make the recipient links have added security such as requiring them to enter their name. I realize passwords are challenging when dealing with large numbers or recipients - but if each recipient was required to enter their name or email to access their reward bank - it may make me feel more confident that only the intended recipient will ever see/access their bank. ...if this was not a required question - I would not have filled out this field.

Response from Guusto

Replied June 2020

Hi Eliot, thanks so much for leaving an awesome review! We are so glad to hear that Guusto was able to supply the rewards needed for your sales contest, and that you were happy with the timely support we provided to distribute the rewards within a short time frame! We are launching a site-wide product update that will include several new features to make the gifting and redemption experience even better, so, stay tuned! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support if you need anything. Thanks for being an awesome Guusto member! Muucho Guusto :)

Sarah from ABODA

Awesome!!

We love Guusto at our company. We have seen how happy people get when they see the gift in their inbox. It makes them feel appreciated. It was a very smooth transition into using this reward system.

Pros

Using this product is very easy. As an administrator, I was able to teach all of our managers how to use GUUSTO with little confusion or push back. I love how you can pick a specific gift for someone or let them choose where they want to spend their money. I also like how you can write a personal note to them to make them feel appreciated. The customer service at GUUSTO is great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helps us very quickly and solves all our problems day of.

Cons

Sometimes employees have trouble accessing their gifts or I have had someone not be able to find his gift in his email. It was like it went away before he was able to claim the gift. Other than that, no problems.

Reasons for Choosing Guusto

Easy to learn and implement, not expensive.

Response from Guusto

Replied June 2020

Hi Sarah, thanks so much for leaving an awesome review! We are so glad to hear that you love using Guusto to send personalized gifts, and that you are happy with the support we provide! Very occasionally, gift emails land in the recipient's spam mail box, which is also why we provide many ways to deliver the gift: email, text, link, or print! In addition, our gift cards will never expire unless if an expiration date is set by the sender. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support if you need anything. Thanks for being an awesome Guusto member! Muucho Guusto :)

Brittany from Castle Mortgage Group

Guusto Review

Guusto has been great to work with over the last couple of years! Client love receiving the gifts and all the feedback has been positive about how easy it is to redeem the gift cards wherever they chose!

Pros

We love using this software! It is really easy to send gift cards, there are tons of merchants on the list and clients love receiving them!

Cons

The fees, but I get it - it's a business and they have to make money somehow. Offsets the postage fees we were paying when we mailed gift cards out.

Reasons for Switching to Guusto

Postage is expensive, it takes a lot of time to drive around picking out and buying different gift cards. Guusto makes that all disappear!

Response from Guusto

Replied March 2020

Hi Brittany, thank you so much for writing us a review! We're so glad to hear that Guusto has made gifting easy for you, and that your recipients love it as well! We pride ourselves on having a simple and impactful platform that can make real-time recognition and gifting a reality for all businesses. Feel free to reach out to our support team anytime and we'd be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto! :)

Cesar from Scotibank

Hands down the BEST rewards platform !

Before Guusto, I was having to run out to the store all the time to buy gift cards for my colleagues and clients. It was also way less impactful since I had to put them in the mail and they didn't arrive for a few days from the event that triggered me wanting to send a gift. Guusto has been an amazing tool to help me build my career.

Pros

Guusto is so easy to use! I love being able to recognize my colleagues whenever they help me out. It saves me so much time, and is super effective since they get to pick where they want to redeem it. I also like using it to thank my clients for their business. It has helped to strengthen my relationship with them.

Cons

There's nothing to not like! The app is really smooth. I've never had an issue, and everyone I've given Guusto gifts has been really appreciative.

Response from Guusto

Replied July 2020

Hi Cesar, Thank you for posting a review! We're so glad to hear that you love using Guusto to recognize your colleagues. Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything :) Thanks for being an awesome Guusto member! Muucho Guusto, Emma

Vito from Community Living Association for South Simcoe

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great cost effective product

The experience has been great. Their team has made it really simple to roll out. Customer support is quick to respond to any questions.

Pros

It allows our HR team to work on core functions because Guusto manages our employees recognition program which otherwise would be time consuming. Rewards are very flexibility that staff really like. It has allowed us to modernize, attract and retain staff.

Cons

Cant really identify any weaknesses. It has been great.

Reasons for Choosing Guusto

Immediate delivery of gifts and great customer service with minimal use of Internal HR resources

Reasons for Switching to Guusto

Air Miles Rewards is too cumbersome to use and poor customer service. Not quick enough with the gift.

Response from Guusto

Replied July 2020

Hi Vito, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review! We look forward to continuing to power your recognition programs. Reach out anytime if we can be any help or would like to see anything added to our product roadmap. Muucho Guusto, Emma

Lisa from Agriculture Financial Services Corporation

Smooth & Secure - Perfect way to recognize peers

It is an easy to use tool and set up. Knowing I have access to a terrific way to send a thank you / recognition is very helpful.

Pros

I found the site easy to navigate and very intuitive. I was able to figure out how to add funds to my personal account and understand the options in sending gifts to peers with little frustration or problems. The report page will help me easily track the gifts sent and when redeemed.

Cons

I have not been able to figure out how to transfer funds from my personal account to the team account - the site provided directions but the transfer button was not available to me. If this is not permitted by my company maybe a pop up explanation could be provided? The minimum amount to add to your personal account is a bit high unless you use the credit card option.

Response from Guusto

Replied August 2020

Hi Lisa, Thanks for leaving us a review, we're glad to hear that you love using Guusto as your recognition tool! Only admins on the team can transfer funds from the personal account to the team account, which may be why you are not seeing the option. There is a 3%+$0.3 fee that is charged by the credit card processor, but since we do not charge any other service fees, it is a pretty good deal for gifts of smaller values! Reach out anytime if you have any questions, and thanks for being an awesome Guusto member :) Muucho Guusto, Emma

Melissa from Xperigo

Top Notch Rewards Program!

Rewarding my peers is quick & easy! Who doesn't love instant gratification? I am able to easily reward my peers instantly, there's no wait time & I am able to keep track of all rewards sent/ received & it notifies me when a reward has been redeemed & who redeemed it! The organization & tidiness of the program is superb. I also like that I have the ability to choose the denomination that I would like to send. Customization is a breeze. This program is excellent for business & personal use! You can send gifts to anyone you'd like, whether it's work related or for friends & family - the options are flexible! It's no longer necessary to visit a brick & mortar for gifts - Guusto offers the ability to do your gift giving virtually. With the ease of the app itself, you can do it from absolutely anywhere, which is not only convenient, but a huge time saver as well. This method of recognition & gift giving has also saved on administrative & shipping costs - it's also environmentally friendly!

Pros

Guusto is a fun & easy way to recognize & reward your peers' hard work! Guusto has a wide variety of gift options, so you can rest assure that there will be something for everyone! Recognizing ones hard work, dedication & quality of their work is important in order to build healthy morale & maintain close, professional relationships within the workplace as well as outside of it! I can state, with 100% confidence, that Guusto's reward program is the best I have ever used! Gift giving & recognizing one's hard work & dedication is one of my favorite things to do ( being on the receiving end is a lot of fun as well. ) I highly recommend this program to anyone that is looking for an incredibly easy & super fun way to give & receive these tokens of appreciation. Also, being able to choose where you spend your dollars is a perk that ensures the receiver is able to get a gift that they will, without a doubt, be happy with! Way to go Guusto! A++!!

Cons

I have no dislikes to provide! I love everything about Guusto!

Lee from Oscar

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Best and most affordable self-service gifting and recognition platform

We currently use Guusto to send employees vouchers for work tenure miletones and sales performance / hitting targets. When working in-person, we would buy things like champaign, but we are working from home right now and the feedback from the team so far has been that they actually prefer the choice this gives them better. I'm confident that we will use Guusto more often internally and even start using for clients. They also offer a recognition service with nomiations that we haven't tested out until there is wider adoption in the business, but from looking at the webinars and documentations, it looks decent. Give it a try! It's free to test out, the support is very responsive, plenty of documentation and webinars.

Pros

I did a lot a research into different companies and tested out a few - lots had prices locked behing webinar paywalls, unneccesary features (for our business), and large minium order requirements or contracts. What I like best about Guusto is the simplicity - it's so easy to use, has transparent pricing, and has lots of choices for gift recipients to chose from. The options include online gift cards, coffee shops, restautants, charity donations, and much more. Recipients can even save up to make bigger purchaes.

Cons

Hard for me to find an answer for this one!.. If there was any feature that I would like to see improves, would be payment options for ad-hoc purchases. There is a reasonable fee for credit card transactions, but the other options for bank transfers etc. require you to email over receipts and didn't seem very slick. If there were integrations to mainstream online payment processors or even an auto pay with bank details, I would be much more likely to have a bigger commitment.

Response from Guusto

Replied July 2020

Hi Lee, Thanks for leaving us a review! We're so glad to hear that you love using Guusto! Our new product upgrade coming soon will streamline the payment process even more, so stay tuned! Reach out anytime if you have any questions, and thanks for being an awesome Guusto member :) Muucho Guusto, Emma

Denise from Pet Paradise Resorts

Ease of use and well received

Very easy to use and our employees love receiving money to spend any way they choose.

Pros

Easy to use Easy to navigate through Can do on my phone

Cons

N/A There isn’t anything I didn’t like Very easy

Employees have more options

Response from Guusto

Replied June 2020

Hi Denise, Thanks so much for your awesome review! We are so glad that Guusto has helped make employee recognition at your company a simple and positive experience, and that your employees are enjoying the wide range of merchant options that we provide! Please feel free to reach out to our support team if you need anything in the future. Thanks for being an awesome Guusto member :)

Dawn from ABODA

Guusto makes on-the-spot recognition easy!

Pros

This enables our managers to recognize people on the spot with gifts that they want. We can track and see the awards being made. Roll out was painless. Once you understand how it works, it is very easy to use as a manager awarding gifts. Empowers managers to add more funds to their accounts if they wish to do so.

Cons

The reporting capability could be improved to make it easier for us to take a standard report and share it across the leadership/management team. There are reports available and a dashboard with metrics, but I want to see common themes and statements. Or, would be nice to publish it to the whole organization so that they don't have to log in to see everyone's Guusto awards.

Reasons for Choosing Guusto

Eliminates manual tracking of on-the-spot recognition.

Response from Guusto

Replied December 2019

Hi Dawn, thank you so much for leaving us a review! It's great to hear that Guusto has made real-time recognition easy and impactful for you. We're so glad onboarding was a breeze :) As for the reporting feature, you can always export the Gift Report into an excel file that you can share with your team! Feel free to contact our support team and they'd be happy to help you find these reports. Muucho Guusto!

Slavka from AML Oceanographic.com

Awesome service!

Pros

I am so pleased we use guusto! I send at least one gift card each week and this has been a tremendous time saver on my end (seriously, we have the longest email addresses ever! typing that in starbucks 150 times is no fun!), but also our staff members are way happier with more options than simply starbucks and tim hortons! We have 50 staff nationwide and we do gift cards each week but each staff also receives card for their anniversary and another one for their birthday... Any time I am not clear on anything, I know I get an answer right away. If I do something silly, they always point me in the right direction and never once made me feel like I should have been able to fix it on my own. Super happy with guusto!

Cons

The only con is that I did not discover them sooner!

Response from Guusto

Replied October 2019

Hi Slavka, thank you for leaving us a review. We're so glad to hear Guusto has made your life easier! We know that people love the flexibility of choosing what they want- it's great that your team feels the same way! Feel free to reach out any time you have questions, our support team is more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto :)

creating a better employee recognition program that is more hands off. we have multiple administrators who are able to allocate funds and send out reminders to staff who have not claimed their awards before they expire. i would recommend this product for other organizations, not only in hospitality. easy set up and easy to allocate funds to the account. gives us better insight as to what types of awards our staff prefer.

Pros

Ease of use, the scheduling and over all functionality. allows you to be more hands off and allow the system to do the work for you. easy set up and easy to allocate funds to the account. we have multiple administrators who are able to allocate funds and send out reminders to staff who have not claimed their awards before they expire. i would recommend this product for other organizations, not only in hospitality.

Cons

would like the time scheduling function. over all very satisfied with product and the check ins from the guusto team to make sure we are happy with the system and ask for feedback on what can be improved from a user standpoint.

Response from Guusto

Replied August 2020

Hi there, Thanks for leaving us a review, we're glad to hear that you love using Guusto! Currently you can schedule the gift at any future date, we're also working on more timing options for delivery as well. Reach out anytime if you have any questions, and thanks for being an awesome Guusto member :) Muucho Guusto, Emma

Dilan from Sun Life

Excellent Service and Platform!

Pros

I was recently given a gift for a referral that I provided to one of my business contacts. The Guusto platform was extremely user friendly and it was quite easy to setup my account. They have partnerships with tons of different vendors and I was able to choose which vendor I wanted my gift to be attributed towards. Within a matter of minutes I was able to setup my account and load my gift. This to me is key, I'm a busy professional with not a lot of time to spend trying to navigate thru clunky interfaces and systems and let me tell you Guusto isn't one of them! The customer service is also extremely good. I received an email from their team welcoming me to the Guusto platform and providing me with instructions on how to use and navigate the platform. They also provided me with a direct contact that I could reach out with any questions I might have or support needed. All in all was very pleased with their service and look forward to using Guusto in the near future!

Cons

I have yet to find anything I dislike about the platform, other than the fact that some vendors were available for choosing, but that's moreso depending on the partnership/selection the company sending you the gift has selected. Overall no dislikes!

Response from Guusto

Replied August 2020

Hi Dilan, Thanks for leaving us a review, we're glad to hear that you love using Guusto! Reach out anytime if you have any questions, and thanks for being an awesome Guusto member :) Muucho Guusto, Emma

Heather from Mattamy Homes

User Friendly!

Overall, Guusto has helped to boost our companies morale. Especially with many of our staff members working from home, this has been a nice way to show appreciation. We have also used it to give out prizes for contests. The flexibility to choose where you want to spend the money is such a huge bonus! It makes the gift or prize very personalized. We have realized people really like money when they go above and beyond (but we may have had that hunch before we started using Guusto)!

Pros

No matter who we have had use this app, every person has an easy time accessing their gift. It has been a great way to boost morale and get more recognition out. We also love that each gift can be tailored to the individual; they get to choose where they spend the money. It has been really well received in our organization.

Cons

Lower reload fees would be lovely, but we also understand this is a business. Other than that, we have had no issues and are really enjoying it.

Christel from Tecsys Inc.

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

We love Guusto... we really do!

The only thing I have to add is that I cannot get the Gusto cards out fast enough! Alot of our employees are constantly on the look-out for them. They really enjoy the options, regardless of where they live.

Pros

Very easy to learn how to use. Intuitive. The flexibility and options the software gives us. The ability to track redemptions. We hand out rewards for years of service, recognition between peers, event contests (Halloween, Christmas, etc.) and for welcoming additions to our employees' families. I love the fact that I can pre-build and save "reason" templates and corresponding personalized messages; makes it that much easier and quick to hand out.

Cons

I really can't think of anything for the moment.

Response from Guusto

Replied December 2019

Hi Christel, thank you for the amazing review! We're so glad to hear Guusto has made recognition a breeze for you, and that your people love Guusto gift cards- it's why we do what we do. Our success team is always happy to help, feel free to reach out at any time! Muucho Guusto :)

caterina from Crossover Coaching

Go with Guusto

Giving and acknowledging is a great combination, just need more visibility of the product and how more people can use it. Also, feedback from those who have received an experience when I have personally been the user.

Pros

The whole idea behind the software, it's ease of use and thoughtful interactions and levels of customers who can use it.

Cons

It needs to be more visible to businesses who are small.

Reasons for Choosing Guusto

The purpose of Gussto in the workplace is why I choose Guusto over alternative products.

Response from Guusto

Replied October 2019

Hi Caterina, thank you for leaving us a review. We're so glad to hear you're enjoying using Guusto! Our aim is to make recognition simple and thoughtful. We work with companies of all sizes, and are rolling out some new marketing initiatives very soon. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our support team anytime, and we'd be more than happy to help! Muucho Guusto :)

Jordan from Direct Response Media Group

Great Tool for Increasing Employee Recognition

Overall, we have had a great experience with Guusto. I have worked directly with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] when we were looking into the tool and they were always available to talk or to answer my questions. I have working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on many occassions and she has helped me troubleshoot, and has assisted in obtaining alternatives during this uncertain time. Great customer service from the whole team!

Pros

What we like most about this software is that it is easy to use, has a nice user interface and provides us with a great tool to not only recognize our employees, but our employees can recognize each other.

Cons

The only thing I would change is the option to have a lower gift amount then the minimum $10.

Response from Guusto

Replied June 2020

Hi Jordan, Thanks so much for your awesome review! We are so glad to hear that Guusto has provided a positive user experience for you, and that your employees love being able to recognize their peers too! The minimum gift value has recently been lowered to $5! Feel free to give it a try next time you send a gift ;) Please feel free to reach out to our support team if you need anything in the future. Thanks for being an awesome Guusto member :)

No more plastic cards, gifts are redeemable at any partner venue

Pros

My company uses Guusto to recognize employees for their great performance. It's really to receive little gift cards whenever I go the extra mile and deliver results. It makes me feel like the effort is appreciated. And I love that Guusto gifts provide flexibility and I get to choose where to redeem it! So much better than plastic cards!

Cons

Would be nice if it was available outside US and Canada as well. :)

Response from Guusto

Replied October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share a review! We're glad to hear you're liking your company's Guusto program as a gift recipient. We recently added Prepaid Mastercards as a redemption option, which can be used in 160+ countries! Have your program administrator reach out to our customer success team so we can help them get it added to your company's program. Muucho Guusto :)

Harpreet from Connect hearing

awesome

Pros

Easy to use Fast User friendly Lot of vendors to choose from

Cons

Should have a save button just in case if you have to exit in the middle of sending the card

Donation

Donation

Response from Guusto

Replied December 2019

Hi Harpreet, thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad Guusto has made recognition simple and impactful for you. Feel free to reach out if you have questions anytime. Muucho Guusto :) P.S. We love our gift card vendor options too! ;)

Lindsay from The Westin Nova Scotian

Quick and Easy

I loved the ability to provide a surprise and delight to our staff, gift them the option of a reward that is useful to them and the ability to reward them immediately from my computer without having to run around getting gift cards. The staff love the online option/app - only a few have preferred the paper option. And i like being able to send a personal note or picture along with the reward.

Pros

So much easier than constantly purchasing gift cards.Staff are all on board with using. Love bign able to send little notes and images with the message. Easy to track and manage gifts. And love that we are helping out a good cause at the same time!

Cons

Only one issue with redemption so far thorough the merchant's website for a short period of time.

Response from Guusto

Replied January 2020

Hi Lindsay, thank you so much for leaving us a review! We're so glad to hear recognition is now easier for you, and that your people love Guusto and the flexible redemption options. We're always working to improve - ensuring a more seamless redemption experience is on our priority list. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any questions, and we'd be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto! :)

William from RoomKeyPMS

Perfect Way to Recognize Employee Performance!

Guusto has helped me recognize employees through a very simple solution that works well in a work from home environment. The major benefit of using Guusto is the flexibility of being able to choose a vendor that suits each individual person's needs. There's no need to decide and limit to purchasing a gift card form a specific vendor.

Pros

Guusto is very intuitive. Immediately after signing up, I was able to figure out how to navigate, fund my account, and send gift cards almost instantly. I was able to send gifts to multiple users while still having the ability to customize each gift individually. Very simple and easy to use!

Cons

The only downside of Guusto is the limited options to fund the account without incurring additional fees, such as funding via a credit card payment. I did have to wait for my account to be verified before I was actually able to use it. However, the turnaround on this process happened within the same day.

Joanne from Meadow Park (Chatham) Inc.

Guusto - Ease of Use and Customer Service

I recently had an error on the employee's end and the customer service at Guusto is amazing. The error was fixed within 15 minutes. The error and/or correction was discussed using the chat and email functions direct from the website. Both worked smoothly with successful results.

Pros

This software if very easy to use. From a Software Administrator's point of view, if I have an employee that is not computer friendly it is great to have the option to print out the gift card for them. For the tech savvy employees they love the access they can have using their phone.

Cons

The only complaint I have had does not apply to the software itself it applies to the merchants that are on board with the product. I have had some employees that watched merchants struggle getting the access codes to work. Every transaction has eventually been approved but there has been some struggles/delays when trying to redeem.

Reasons for Choosing Guusto

Response from Guusto

Replied January 2020

Hi Joanne, thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad to hear Guusto has made recognition easy and impactful, and that your people love using it as well. We understand that the struggle with merchant redemption can be frustrating, and our team is working hard to find ways to keep this from happening. Feel free to reach out to our support team at any time and we'd be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto! :)

Luke from WhistlerBlackcomb

Great Guusto

Guusto rocks! The redemption experience is super smooth and everything just works! It's really nice receiving little gifts here and there, as it makes me feel like I'm valued part of the team.

Pros

The Guusto app is a great way of receiving gifts. They have partnered with a large and diverse range of both local business and major national retailers so that you can redeem your gifts where ever and however suits you best. It's also handy that they are uploaded to my account so I can never lose my gift cards!

Cons

There's nothing much to not like about Guusto! It's been super simple to use and redeem gifts I've received. One thing that might be cool, would be the ability to transfer a gift I received to someone else.

Response from Guusto

Replied July 2020

Hi Luke, Thanks for leaving us a review! We're so glad to hear that you love receiving Guusto gifts! Reach out anytime if you have any questions, and thanks for being an awesome Guusto member :) Muucho Guusto, Emma

Gaurav from Central Group

Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

"Amazing options to choose from. All the big players (merchants) under one roof."

I don't need to provide my colleagues/sub-ordinates with choosing from the limited gift cards as Guusto have lots of (almost all) merchants one can imagine. And I believe that would be the most important thing that I realized on this platform.

Pros

The website navigation tools are so easy to use and select and the excellent part is the options to choose from in terms of different merchants.

Cons

All good so far but would post my experience as time goes by.

Reasons for Switching to Guusto

Lack of vast selection to choose from.

Response from Guusto

Replied August 2020

Hi Gaurav, Thanks for leaving us a review, we're so glad to hear that you love using Guusto! Reach out anytime if you have any questions, and thanks for being an awesome Guusto member :) Muucho Guusto, Emma

Maia from Sovereign

Great Platform for buying gift cards

Great experience, very convenient and so easy to use. Will recommend and also will be buying employee gifts on this site going forward.

Pros

The ease of transaction. Very easy to use. User friendly. Love the large amount of merchant to choose from where you can buy for a specific merchant or you can let the gift receiver pick their own merchants. You can pick your own schedule date and also upload your own unique design. I also like how You can personalize your gift card.

Cons

The fees if you have less than $500 on your account and want to buy a gift card for less than $500 and your account has no funds and you want to use your credit card. You also can’t edit your purchase you have to cancel and rebuy. You can’t change your reschedule date. You have to cancel transaction and rebuy.

Reasons for Switching to Guusto

This was easier to use and more variety of merhants.

Zoe from JW Marriott Vancouver

Great recognition system

The only negative is that there is no discount for buying an amount. For example if over $2000 was put into the account and a small percentage discount was given this would entice more companies.

Pros

Easy and quick to send a recognition to your associates

Cons

It's a great system - haven't found a negative yet

Response from Guusto

Replied January 2020

Hi Zoe, thank you so much for leaving us a review! We're glad Guusto has made recognition easy and quick for you. Regarding the discount, as we do not charge a markup on rewards sent (i.e. if you send a $25 gift, the recipient gets all $25 to redeem), we do not have any margin to offer discounts, despite a larger spend. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you'd like to chat about this further, and we'd be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto! :)

Dani from D.M. Wills Associates Limited

Industry: Civil Engineering

Guusto Review

This is making things easier.

Pros

It is impactful because it can be instant. It can be easy to use and is an easy way to recognize someone.

Cons

I find the loading of funds easy but then the dispersing of funds more difficult but it has been improved upon.

Response from Guusto

Replied March 2020

Hi Dani, thank you kindly for leaving us a review. We're glad to hear that you have found Guusto easy to use and impactful - that's the goal! As for the allocation of funds, there are currently three ways to do so, for maximum flexibility and different company structures. That being said, we'd love to make your experience five-stars: if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to reach out to our support team directly via live chat or email info@guusto.com, and we would be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto! :)

Kenya from OFS Fitel

Awsome product

it has been great and our management team loves it as well. this was a great addition to our rewards and recognition program.

Pros

Ease of use and deployment!! Never have given spot awards this easily and the variety of awards is great.

Cons

When you print our an award as most of our hourly workforce do not have e-mail, the award is hard to read as to why they are receiving the gift card. I would also like to see their names on the print out.

Reasons for Choosing Guusto

Cost to get started and for the employer.

Chris from Financial Horizons Group

Guusto Review

Allows us to take our rewards and recognition programs to the next level which contributes to the achievements of our strategic goals/initiatives.

Pros

Cons

As an admin I have somewhat less control over the user's account than would be desired i.e. user can create account with multiple/personal email addresses so a little less conducive for the corporate setting.

Reasons for Switching to Guusto

Cost, convenience, flexibility of the platform.

Response from Guusto

Replied October 2019

Hi Chris, Glad to hear that Guusto is helping your firm achieve strategic goals! That's why we show up to work every day. As the Team Admin, you have full control over your Team Member accounts and any funds you allocate to them for sending gifts. You can also set restrictions, if you prefer that gift recipients only claim gifts with their company email address instead of a personal email address. Reach out to our customer success team anytime, as we'd be happy to help you get this set up and earn your 5th star! Muucho Guusto :)

Lisa from Dominion Lending Centres

All is good

I just find people that receive it don't know what it is and they are hesitant to open it. Not sure that there is anything Guusto can do about that.

Pros

I like how quick and easy Guusto is to use.

Cons

There really isn't anything I can pinpoint

Response from Guusto

Replied December 2019

Hi Lisa, thank you kindly for leaving us a review. It's great to hear that Guusto has made recognition easy for you! While Guusto is extremely safe to use, we understand some people might be hesitant- I'd suggest adding your branding colours and logo for gift emails, or selecting "print or export" so you can send the gift link to the recipient yourself. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you need help setting this up, and we'd be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto :)

Heather from School

Happy Guusto Recipient

Overall great experience!

Pros

I have been delighted with my experience as a Guusto recipient! The app is easy to use, and I love that you can use a single gift at multiple establishments, or combine multiple gifts into one. I have even sent a few gifts to friends for their birthdays, etc. I would highly recommned Guusto!

Cons

I am not sure what to say. I have had few questions about how to use the product, and whenever I did customer service was fast and friendly.

Response from Guusto

Replied August 2020

Hi Heather, Thanks for leaving us a review, we're glad to hear that you love using Guusto as your recognition tool! Reach out anytime if we can be of help :) Muucho Guusto, Emma

Tanya from The Blake Wilson Group

Problem solved!

At my work we each have two email addresses I didn’t realize that I had redeemed one card under one email address and the other under the other one. I reached out to rep who was able to locate my missing gift card because I didn’t realize it was under my other email and was able to have someone else from her team transfer it over so that all of my gift cards were in one location. It happened very quickly, very easily and she was incredibly friendly. I would not hesitate to contact her again. I actually passed her email along to a colleague who as an inquiry about one of their gift cards. Great job!

Pros

Very user friendly Large selection of cards

Cons

I lost one of my gift cards but found out it was my fault and not the software.

Response from Guusto

Replied October 2019

Hi Tanya, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear you found our support team friendly and fast! We love helping customers, feel free to reach out to us anytime. Muucho Guusto :)

Riaz from Canada Protection Plan

Great site, lots of choices for gift cards and easy to use. I love it!

We needed a way to securely send gift cards to our employees that allowed them to have the flexibility of redeeming them how ever they wanted. It was much easier logistically to distribute the gift cards electronically due to office workers at home due to COVID-19 policies.

Pros

From the first email saying I have an gift card right to the options to redeem were so easy to follow. The entire process was easy to follow and I was happily picking what gift cards I wanted. I was also surprised how quickly the gift cards were issued. As soon as a clicked redeem, the next screen showed my gift card code. I immediately went to the vendor and the code was applied. Very nice I did not have to wait for the code to activate. Thank You!

Cons

I would have liked to have Mastercard as an option, I was told by customer support that it's available, some additional validation is needed. This is understandable to curb potential fraud.

Ed from Prospera Credit Union

Helps me recognize my team

Easy to send quick rewards to your team for doing something special or for a milestone

Pros

Easy to use. Many vendors to choose from and thereby increases the value of the gift

Cons

Not prepopulated with the organizations people or their email or phone number.

Response from Guusto

Replied December 2019

Hi Ed, thank you kindly for leaving us a review. We're glad to hear your team likes Guusto's flexible redemption options! As for prepopulated recipients, you can upload a list of people you want as 'common recipients' in your team settings, which can then allow you to speed up the Buy Gifts process! All you will have to do is type in the first few characters of their name, and it will fill in the information from the list. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or need help setting this up, and we'd be happy to help! Muucho Guusto :)

Natasha from Harry Rosen Inc.

User-Friendly and Great Support Team

The program allows our Associates a freedom of choice and ensures everyone receives a gift they genuinely wanted.

Pros

Guusto is very user-friendly and their support team is beyond expectations. I love how easy it has made administering our service recognition program.

Cons

No cons discovered yet. In terms of improvement, it would be nice for the e-mail communication template to be customizable and look more sophisticated.

Reasons for Choosing Guusto

Guusto was the most flexible and user-friendly. It is also great to see that every gift sent also contributes to the charity One Drop.

Reasons for Switching to Guusto

The last service recognition program was a lot of manual work and did not offer the support we were expecting for the price we paid.

Response from Guusto

Replied October 2019

Hi Natasha, thank you for leaving us a review! We're so happy to hear that Guusto has made administring your recognition program easier. We do have a new feature that allows you to customize both the platform, as well as gifts sent to match your brand's colours and logo. You can find this under Teams > Settings > Branding. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any questions! Muucho Guusto :)

Raymond from Go Recruitment

Awesome idea

Pros

I have been a fan of this for many years. It allows a busy business person like myself send gifts to my friends and family without the worry of "what do they want"

Cons

More vendors is always the thing I look at.

Ease of use

Response from Guusto

Replied December 2019

Hi Raymond, thank you kindly for leaving us a review! It's great to hear that Guusto has made gifting simple and quick, and that your recipients love the flexibility of redeeming for what they like! Our merchant lists are always expanding so everyone can get something they value. Feel free to reach out to our support team with any questions, and they would be more than happy to help! Muucho Guusto :)

Sandra from Scalar Decisions (Toronto)

Amazing Platform

Before we discovered Guusto we would give everyone Tim Horton's cards. Very limiting! Guusto allows us to show our employees our appreciation for their efforts and allows the employee choose how they want to use their Guusto gift.

Pros

Guusto is the easiest software to use. Not only do I use it but since we began using it in our organization a number of our managers have taken it upon themselves to send their teams extra thank you gifts. I particularly like that you can use it with so many vendors. I also like that you can set expiration dates for the gifts so that money can be returned to our account if people don't claim their gifts.

Cons

There really are no cons in my view. This software is very easy to use

again ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Guusto

Ease of use, Tim Horton's site at the time was too labour intensive.

Response from Guusto

Replied December 2019

Hi Sandra, thank you so much for writing a review! It is our team's passion to make recognition simple and impactful, and we're so glad to hear that's what it's doing for you. Feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions, our support team is always happy to help! Muucho Guusto :)

Ryo from CMLS Financial

Best Gift card sending service

Pros

how easy to receive the gift cards and so many redemption options including amazon. There are lots of options including restaurants as well so the holiday appreciation gift card was very helpful. I personally used it to purchase a holiday gif on Amazon. Guusto customer service are nice as well so if you are confused how to use it then you can always ask them any questions. They are happy to help you.

Cons

Not much things but if they can get more redemption options that would be nice. Using the gift card to purchase things wont be much issue as they have an option of Amazon, but when it comes to restaurants, there are limited options. Yes, Keg is nice but I would like to see more restaurants there so I dont have to choose an restaurant based on what they have on the list. I should be choosing a restaurant because I want to go there.