• Pros

• "The ease of it and that it was user friendly."

• "The software is fine, relatively easy to use. no complaints"

• "The product is very user friendly and easy to communicate to applicants , I like the templates in place for easy access."

• Cons

• "The only con that I have is that there is a lot to Hireology, which is a good thing as well. I am continuously learning new things that I can do on it."

• "There are some users that oversee accounts for several offices so that was a little tough to set up initially. Once my issue got in the right hands it was fixed!"

• "More customizable features in reporting and on boarding. Moving from one clinic to the other is time consuming"

Browse Hireology Reviews

Michael from We Organize You, LLC

A great tool to find, interview, evaluate and hire talent while being impartial and compliant

All pluses. Once you get past the initial setup (reasonable amount of time), and commit to always using the system, it is super simple and really helpful. If hiring is a big part of your annual responsibilities, this is a very worthwhile tool.

Pros

Hireology makes me do all the things I legally need to be doing as well as all of the things I should be doing to truly find and hire the best candidate. Each candidate is evaluated against the same criteria and even asked the same interview questions. Each of these responses is ranked and I end with a score for each applicant, allowing me to find how one applicant did relative to the rest. If I can't be personally involved in the phone and/or in-person interview, I am confident that the person I delegate that to, will still do it nominally the same as I would have. In summary, Hireology creates a hiring system that allows me to consistently and correct find people.

Cons

There is effort that must be put forth to setup your roles. It takes some time to do right. (Think of it as an investment in how good you would like the candidate to be). Re-hiring for that same role is then super simple. The only other negative is that there are some hiring boards that seem to have found a way to auto-submit their client's information to apply for a job. When we reach out to them, these individuals know nothing about the position and sometimes they still are a reasonable fit and want to interview and sometimes not. I have not seen these auto-applicants in the past few months, so it may have been prevented.

Cathy from Hibernian Home Care

Has its pluses, but also its minuses

Very middle of the road. Some positive things and other very frustrating things. Nothing is going to be perfect, but this could be a little better in my opinion.

Pros

Easy to use and put new prospects in manually if needed. Nice to have the ability to text or email from the same platform. Having all the onboarding forms loaded for the candidate to complete has been helpful. Ease of ordering reference check, background check and drug test.

Cons

If a prospect applies for two positions, none of the conversation/ information carries over and both applications need to be checked for all of the details. Also, there is no way of seeing where a prospect is in the process without physically opening each person to look. Being charged for a background check when the person never even completed the authorization or provided any information is beyond frustrating.

Samantha from BrightStar Care of the Main Line

Great Applicant Tracking Program

Pros

Hireology makes the application/hiring process so simple. We hire 6-20 people each week and we use application/hiring programs that best fit our needs and that can help make the process easier on our end. My favorite part is the ability for us to include the interview questions into the process. So it keeps everything in one spot.

Kara from HomeLife Senior Care

Hireology for staffing needs

I wanted to love Hireology, as the concept aligns with what we need. If we chose to try them again, it would have to be for a different type of contract. We lost thousands of dollars.

Pros

The Hireology platform was exceptionally easy to use. There was little training needed, as it was user friendly. The text messaging and template feature was also easy to use and allowed for fast contact.

Cons

I found that our ads were not displayed properly on all job boards. For example, some failed to even have our description, the links often didn't work, a link once took me to a business that wasn't ours, etc. Not only was this frustrating, but our representative failed to take accountability. There were constant excuses and no one ever wanted to make it right for us. For what we paid, I expected the service to top of the line. For the same amount of applicants, I can pay less with Indeed who is the top job board.

See above answer.

Reasons for Switching to Hireology

I made the switch because the cost made sense for our needs. I wanted to advertise on multiple job boards, but the cost was too high. Hireology was supposed to be the solution.

Colleen from BrightStar Care

Great Resource For The Serious Job Seeker

The applicants that we receive from Hireology tend to be the more serious job seekers opposed to those that are just filling out an online application to "look" as though they are job seeking.

Pros

The ease of it and that it was user friendly.

Cons

There wasn't much that I didn't like to be honest.

Reasons for Choosing Hireology

Past history of success....

Larisa from Advantage Home Care of Douglas County

Pricey for a small business but worth it

Very friendly staff!

Pros

Better control over our home page and ads than on prior software. Easy to send reference checks out.

Cons

Cannot do our own state background checks through this portal. Not Hireology's fault, but it was actually one of our main reasons for switching ATS.

Reasons for Choosing Hireology

1) fast response by internet, with a request for a time to call to discuss 2) friendly staff Other ATS systems were either slow or not as friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Hireology

Because they listed OLD hourly wages that were well below the current minimum wage on our company page. I provided proof of current wages, which were 50 cents or more higher than the current minimum wage to multiple Indeed staffers and asked them to change the display. Their answer was they always listed whatever reviewers said. They were unconcerned that we may a) lose applicants and b) look like we were noncompliant with state law.

Yami from Sonsray

Hireology ATS

We've had some hick ups with the set up because of our sales rep that is no longer there, but other than that it's been a good experience.

Pros

I like that the all communication (including hiring managers) it's in one place. Has organic posting that saves us on job postings, able to text candidates, and you can view the candidate work flow stage.

Cons

It's a cookie cutter system and most of the time you're unable to tailor processes based on our needs.

Reasons for Choosing Hireology

Specializes in heavy equipment, cost and organic posting was a savings for us too.

Reasons for Switching to Hireology

Because Hireology specializes in heavy equipment and the organic ad postings.

Janeth from StretchLab Hillcrest

Great organizational tool

I enjoy having the all-in-one site but have to use different platforms such as Indeed and ZipRecruiter to find applicants--HIreology seems to be blocked from full efforts of these platforms; very expensive and difficult customer service

Pros

It is very helpful to have all questions for interviews on one site, grading and communications--history of applicant. Keeps applicants' journey very organized

Cons

Not the most responsive--have to input interview answers several times; I apply separately to Indeed as Hireology seems to be blocked from Indeed recruiting, does not seem to specify which StretchLab is requesting employees

Vicky from Bob Clapper Automotive, Inc.

A Very Expensive Product

Basically ok but very expensive

Pros

It's fairly easy to use. Some good features. No training was involved as you are just left to figure it out on your own. I'm sure there's more to it but when you have a million other tasks to do a day, you don't have time to stay on the site to figure it all out.

Cons

Not worth the money you pay for it and very limited packages available.

See above

Dorrina from Silver Lining Home Health Care

Hireology Review

We have enjoyed using Hireology.

Pros

We initially chose Hireology to find other recruitment solutions to help us in the onboarding process. Initially it was great and it still is a recruitment solution. Unfortunately, we still had to sponsor ads on indeed to see a good response to our Hireology positions. So we were still having to pay other sources to funnel our applicants to indeed.

Cons

Hireology is fairly priced, but having to still sponsor postings was not something we liked. Also, the ability to target specific zip codes is great. But the cost of that was quite a bit more than what we anticipated and did not get a good response for the amount.

Natalie from Griswold Home Care

Great product and great candidates

Extremely positive. I would recommend them to all organizations for its hiring needs.

Pros

We've used other applicant engine programs but Hireology is by far the best. It is such an easy program to use and customer support is always available to help if I ever have a question. The customer service team reaches out often to check in with our offices and audits our accounts to ensure that we are using the website to its full potential. I'm also pleased to share that the quality of the candidates is great!

Reasons for Switching to Hireology

Cost, ease of use, quality of candidates

gina from germain honda of dublin

Germain Honda of Dublin

Overall it has made the hiring process much quicker. We use to have about a two week turn around period with updates and setting things up. Our store is very large volume, so when we need an employee it is much better to have the process start right away.

Pros

My favorite part of the software is the ease of sending out background checks, drug screens, and driving checks. we use to all have to email one person in corporate, and understandably, it took her sometime to get through to all of this. this has made the hiring process much quicker

Cons

I find it difficult to get to the page to send the drug screen. i currently have to find the applicant, move them to candidate, and then assign them to a specific job to send it to them. it would be much easier if we could do all of this while they were still in the applicant page.

Andrea from Huntersville Ford

Great resource

Allows me to post multiple jobs without nickel and diming me to death.

Pros

I like that I can post my own job ads, and also go through my candidates at my leisure.

Cons

Nothing at this time, everything functions well

Integration with Netchix

Eric from Pacific Workers'

Great Product, truly helpful

Very helpful staff although has taken too long to onboard

Pros

I read the book "Best Team Wins" by the founder of this company, wish I would have read it much sooner in building our team. The software is based on the principles of the book. Truly helps sort through the applicants, we are hiring fairly fast and furious. It's intuitive - probably more intuitive if you understand the real philosophy of building team and company culture. If you grasp this, you will love it. Also, very easy to post to job boards and even though a bit pricey, it's worth it. Overall it is extremely well thought out. Great software partnerships for testing, skills assessments, background checks and reference checks. Super easy to work in teams for the hiring process - which is essential to hiring great people. Like it enough to come here and post a 5 star review!

Cons

There are some areas that the software doesn't actually keep up with the typing and you have to wait - like in the question building areas. There are a few typos within the stock emails.

Allyn from Jim Barnard Chevrolet

Very few applicants

Very disappointed with our recent use. Very few applicants of any kind for jobs that we have had some success with using Hireology in the past. I reached to let them know about the lack of applicants and see if there was something wrong. I received a reply that said they would check into it, but then no other contact, no resolution, and still almost no applicants. Then decided to cancel and try Indeed directly, where we received multiple well qualified candidates immediately, and have made hires from them.

Pros

The software is fine, relatively easy to use. no complaints

Cons

cant think of any off hand. seems to be ok

Christopher from Frank Kent Motor Company

Needing some improvements

Their customer service team is amazing.

Pros

Going in the right direction, I like that it's easy to use and can easily check reports.

Cons

Limited on supporting documents that can be store for each candidate. Won't like to sort and organize people for future opportunities. Don't like you have to start the process over to repost a position. Seems less exposure on a lot of job boards without paying for it.

Reasons for Choosing Hireology

Easy to use and navigate.

Reasons for Switching to Hireology

Took over and looking for more exposure to recruit talent.

Stephanie from The Lash Lounge Brookfield - The Corners

Easy to Use and Background Checks Included

Pros

It was easy to set up the hiring process for each job posting and the content for each step. The customer service team was always just a call away and often checked in on me, which was helpful with my busy schedule.

Cons

Having it integrated with my franchise's job platform would have been helpful to keep all my hiring activity in one place. I would have also liked the ability to post multiple locations for one job description to prevent one applicant from having to apply multiple times for the same job in two different locations. When creating the applicant myself (i.e. uploading the applicant's resume myself), I needed the ability to send the job application separately so they could answer the question about a non-compete with a current and if they were eligible to work in the US on a full-time bases.

Alyssa from Bish's RV

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Amazing Product!

Amazing. I love this system and would recommend it highly.

Pros

The ease of use and ability to thoroughly organize my candidates and their progress through the recruiting process.

Cons

I would love to be able to categorize my candidates by recruiting status (interviewed, reviewed, etc) and export into an excel sheet. Something more customizable. Also setting tasks on a calendar to remind me to do things with candidates. EX: Set a reminder to call a specific candidate in 6 months

Elzabeth from Pecheles Automotive Group

Streamline your recruitment and onboarding processes

Very good.

Pros

Hireology is user friendly and provides all the essentials for busy recruitment and HR departments

Cons

I do wish it had more features-- Like the ability to customize Onboarding easily without involving their Support Group. I like to do things on my own timeline.

Barbara from QNP Corporation

Consistency of process

Pros

I like the incoming leads function the best. We never get as many as we want but we are able to find quality employees utilizing the system

Cons

The speed of the sofware. It churns frequently and times out daily

Price, functionality and support

Noah from Right at Home

A great experience compared to other programs

The programing and help center have been great. Any issues I have they respond asap, they also help to problem solve with you when you are not meeting goals. The program its greatly functional but is also ongoing with development and that is very helpful.

Pros

I like that I can have ads already generated to make duplicates, the site rarely ever glitches and is always running proficiently.

Cons

The program could have a better organizational aspect, such as emails and text being available right in the program itself. Having emails and text going to my own email can be disorganized at times and hard to respond asap.

Jack from Nashville Toyota North

Hireology is the all in one solution for dealership hiring

Hireology should be a requirement in running a successful dealership.

Pros

Hireology is a fantastic tool that is very easy to use for anyone needing to hire for an automotive dealership. The ability to post, refresh and remove as many jobs as you need to is a great thing to have. Hireology pushes to many of the major job boards, making sure the exposure is there for your jobs.

Cons

Hireology has not disappointed in any way yet. We have used the product for over 6 months, and everyone from the general manager to the service manager can easily post jobs that they need filled.

Finding new employees for specific work

Overall it's been pretty good. We have gotten a few good new employees out of it, and it helps us get our ad seen in a lot of different places

Pros

We are a waterproofing/foundation company, and we use Hireology for all of our open positions. It is great because it posts the openings on multiple different sites so your ads can be seen by as many people as possible. It keeps everything in one place, it is easy to identify the new applicants, it keeps track of your communication history if you choose to email through the software.

Cons

This seems trivial but you can't highlight and copy and paste the applicant's email address. This is a huge pain when you're trying to quickly send multiple emails or in our case, add multiple applicants to a campaign for a hiring event. Also, we had a little bit of trouble getting in touch with their customer service when our ad wasn't "refreshing" as it should have been.

Rich from Germain Honda of Dublin

Hireology

Our experience has been fabulous. They are a partner with what we are trying to accomplish, while providing industry leading benchmarks. Our reps are quick and responsive and understand the subject matter at a high level

Pros

Keeping track of our recruiting efforts was almost unmanageable. Hireology allowed us to have one dashboard to house all of our applicants, as well as one touch contact and the ability to share with other managers. Hireology has simplified the process and allowed us to filter thru the applicants while easing the ability to schedule interviews, request references and move thru the hiring and onboarding process.

Cons

Any technology can be improved. We work diligently to partner and improve the product.

Gracie from Comfort Keepers

Hireology for Caregivers

I have used Hireology to contact those interested in becoming Caregivers and my experience has been swell. Hireology is my preferred job board of those we use.

Pros

The organization features this software provides are excellent and makes contacting applicants super smooth.

Cons

It was a little difficult to manage applicants that applied to various positions.

JACK from Nissan of Elk Grove

Great site to find the right candidate.

Pros

I love it how I can view application and also I can leave common for other manager to see.

Cons

The app on my iphone does not pull up. It keeps stuck in one screen.

Response from Hireology

Replied February 2021

Hi- Thanks so much for your review and feedback. I've submitted a ticket to have our team reach out to you about you the issue you are having with our mobile App. We'd love to help resolve the issue.

David from Bentley Truck Services

New Customer

Overall experience with Hireology has been good. The software has worked well and they provide good customer support.

Pros

The SMS text feature has enabled us to reach applicants quickly sometimes able to setup interview the same day of application.

Cons

We are charged by locations, and we have several.

Reasons for Switching to Hireology

We were not getting the right candidates.

Jane from Senior Helpers

PROS/CONS

I am very happy with Hireology, I just need the applicants to communicate back to me!

Pros

Cons

I like everything I use , I have not used the on-boarding tools supplied as of yet

Manny from CJDR OF SANFORD

Good product

Pros

The easy ability to function through the screens

Cons

The ease of going through the screens for applicants

Jennifer from united imports

Hireology

It helps me find right candidates

Pros

It is easy for the hiring process or applicant process and with more options.

Cons

I haven't been able to merge our Indeed account to this account.

Reasons for Choosing Hireology

The application for new hires was easier and better candidates.

We needed better applicants

Darren from Cambridge Spa Group

Hireology Software

It was a step up from the other platform we are using.

Pros

Customer Service and the ease with contacting applicants, reporting to job boards

DONNY from Tooele Motor Company

Great product for your HR or hiring dept

Great!

Pros

It's very easy to create a job listing and the support when you need assistance is top notch! Being able to track all contact (calls, text, emails) within the system is one of my favorite features as well. Highly recommend Hireology.

Cons

Needing to re-write a job ad instead of using a previously created one. Now that I know I can save as a template it's not an issue. But I didn't know that until my rep told me.

Melissa from Massage Heights

Assessments

I have had several years of great experience but it has gone less than desirable over the last year. You can not get a hold of customer service e and then they call you back leavi g a message. The result is a back and forth of unresolved issues. My issue went 2 months and was not resolved so I called them very upset a d was told I needed to speak someone about signing another agreement. They owe me money because I purchased an assessment and the potential candidate declined to take it ,so I asked for a refund. Well they agreed to a credit me IF I sign another agreenent. Who does that?..you burned your bridge. I will take my business elsewhere as well I will share my experience with others. Sorry to see that a company I once believed in is going downhill.

Pros

You can utilize the dashboard to monitor multiple things at one time.

Cons

Posting and relationshipswith 3rd parties could be better.

Gianna from Bach to Rock

Industry: Music

Great Software, Keeps Me Organized

I haven't experienced other hiring products, but I've been pleased with Hireology. It keeps everything very organized, which is very important to me.

Pros

I like the phone interview question format; it makes interviewing a lot smoother. I like the pre-screen survey. In general, this software does make the hiring process a lot more cleaner and organized. I also like that the background check is an option with Hireology.

Cons

Sometimes, I find that during phone interviews I have to press the answers a few times to get them to register. I don't like that it asks if I'm sure about skipping questions; I wouldn't skip them if I wasn't sure. Sometimes, the site can feel difficult to navigate. It took me longer than most other websites to get the navigation down.

rogelio from Tutor Doctor Sugarland

Great resource to hire tutors

I've been hiring most of my tutoring resources through Hireology and am greatly satisfied with their service.

Pros

I got plenty of resumes and most of them are high quality.

Cons

I'm pretty satisfied with all its features.

Mainly because of price.

Gabriel from College Prep Master

Great to keep the applicant stream coming all the time

Simple to use, easy to reuse template jobs, allows posting multiple jobs at the same time.

Pros

Hireology posts on multiple sites at one annual price, helping maintain a fixed annual budget. Keeping the ads running ensure a stream of potential candidates for high rotation or high demand areas of the company.

Cons

Flow of candidates is not high, so the basic subscription is not ideal for emergency hiring.

Annual price

Courtney from The Goddard School

Easy to Use

Overall, I have been satisfied with hireology and the ease of the program.

Pros

The ability to post to multiple job sites with one click, jobs can be reposted with or without editing, multiple users with the ability to assign specific allowances to, and the app function that allows you to review new applications and start communicating from the app.

Cons

There isn’t anything that I like least about it.

Joseph from All Campus

I like Hireoology

Pros

Very user friendly. Very few issues with the platform

Cons

Sometimes I'd be kicked off receiving emails but Customer service would always handle any issues promptly.

Jane from Waxing the City Duluth & St Cloud

I've used Hireology for 2 1/2 years. They have come a long way with functionality & features.

Pros

It helps me stay organized, i.e., we have 2 businesses in different locations with staffing needs ongoing throughout the year. Instead of mounds of paperwork and files, I can keep the candidates' information up-to-date within their Hireology file. Hiring acquisition for each site is much easier. With new tagging ability on each Candidate's file, searching is made much easier.

Cons

Latest upgrades have taken some of the software glitches out that caused problems in the past. I'd like the cost of using some of the featured 'job sites' [beyond the 'included' sites] wasn't so steep. I do use Linked-in occasionally in a short boost. Price generally prohibits small businesses like ours from using any additional features on the sites.

Thomas from Tutor Doctor - Brandon

Great Service Option

Pros

I find it very user friendly, with a lot of expansion options and the ability to reach out if more information is needed.

Cons

I would like to see more standard features included and not only available as a premium, such as the ability to link to additional providers. Also, an auto-refresh option would be helpful to keep postings current.

Mahsa from Pohanka Lexus

Best place to find future candidates

My overall experience has been wonderful!

Pros

It reaches out to all other social platforms to recruit future employees

Cons

I wish I could leave notes next to different candidates names such (left a voicemail)

Reasons for Choosing Hireology

Because it advertises my hiring post on other websites so it's easier to get the word out

fe from Culligan

RELIABLE AND USER FRIENDLY SOFTWARE

Pros

All the information needed is available and easy to navigate. Just a click and you will see the details you want to know. Interview questions are ready and filling up the answer while you are doing the phone and oral interview is easy. The software will give you the instant results.

Cons

I can't see any problem. The software is user friendly. No bugs.

Richard from Fields Volvo

Hireology is a good over all system for hiring needs

Very good easy to use system

Pros

Easy to see what you candidate has that would be good for your company. I like the different ways that you are able to communicate with the system.

Cons

I wish you could see notes from any applicant from any store in our group and also when an applicant is not hired

Dave from Bwp1,llc

The team is responsive when needed. The software is intuitive so you don’t spend a lot of time “figuring it out.

Pros

It’s a one stop shop for everything you need in hiring. You don’t need to manage multiple pieces of software.

Cons

Cost is higher than going a la carte for use.

Recommended by franchisor.

KIM from Re-Bath

Industry: Warehousing

Hireology to the Rescue!

I'm allowing multiple business partners to review applicants within the system and to leave comments

Pros

Hireology is very intuitive so it makes training new Hiring Managers a breeze.

Cons

I wish you didn't have to scroll and click 'next page' on resumes

Reasons for Choosing Hireology

I've used Hireology at a previous organization

Patrick from Congruent

Great Features, Interface Needs Work

Pros

Everything you could need to manage hiring through multiple users is included. Scheduling, communication logs, candidate scoring, etc.

Cons

I feel like it constantly takes more steps to reach a page than it needs to. Candidates have also communicated that emails coming from a tracking domain seems odd.

Ray from Napleton

Hireology

Pros

Really is simple to use once you get logged in. Many features to help you determine if you have a serious candidate.

Cons

Texting tool is a little cumbersome. You can’t easily go back to the conversation from the email that it sends when a candidate responds.

Paige from Sylvan Learning Center

Hireology Review

Pros

Hireology makes the filtering of applicants simple. The website is easy to navigate and I can quickly add applicants to a candidates list or reject them.

Cons

We aren't getting many applicants. It could be COVID related, or keyword related. I'm not sure.

Easy to post for positions and monitor responses

Post and review responses to job posting easily

Pros

I like that the software allows you to post for positions, track responses, and perform ancillary services like background checks.

Cons

Some of the costs for ancillary services like background checks can be pricey depending on the level you select.

Sherry from Hammer IT Consulting

Industry: Computer Networking

One stop onboarding recruiting software

So far so good.

Pros

One login to the entire employee process. I can see where this will be great on the go. Still need to get it on my mobile. We are hiring and need fast turn around in our industry. Really hoping this cuts us cost and time on our bottom line.

Cons

It was difficult to get started with out contacting help. And waiting for a response.

Reasons for Switching to Hireology

My partner really wanted to try it.