What are Hireology users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Hireology software through verified user reviews

• icon"Very easy to use great value many people like this product."
  • icon"It is super easy to navigate and understand the functionality and has helped us reach a larger audience of people with multiple job openings."
  • icon"I find it very user friendly, with a lot of expansion options and the ability to reach out if more information is needed."
  • icon"When I am going through applications and move them from the initial job location to a potential candidate or inactive, it is often difficult to then find where they have gone."
  • icon"Not only was this frustrating, but our representative failed to take accountability. There were constant excuses and no one ever wanted to make it right for us."
  • icon"Candidates have also communicated that emails coming from a tracking domain seems odd."

Browse all Hireology Reviews

• Have you used Hireology and would like to share your experience with others?

A great tool to find, interview, evaluate and hire talent while being impartial and compliant

All pluses. Once you get past the initial setup (reasonable amount of time), and commit to always using the system, it is super simple and really helpful. If hiring is a big part of your annual responsibilities, this is a very worthwhile tool.

Pros

Hireology makes me do all the things I legally need to be doing as well as all of the things I should be doing to truly find and hire the best candidate. Each candidate is evaluated against the same criteria and even asked the same interview questions. Each of these responses is ranked and I end with a score for each applicant, allowing me to find how one applicant did relative to the rest. If I can't be personally involved in the phone and/or in-person interview, I am confident that the person I delegate that to, will still do it nominally the same as I would have. In summary, Hireology creates a hiring system that allows me to consistently and correct find people.

Cons

There is effort that must be put forth to setup your roles. It takes some time to do right. (Think of it as an investment in how good you would like the candidate to be). Re-hiring for that same role is then super simple. The only other negative is that there are some hiring boards that seem to have found a way to auto-submit their client's information to apply for a job. When we reach out to them, these individuals know nothing about the position and sometimes they still are a reasonable fit and want to interview and sometimes not. I have not seen these auto-applicants in the past few months, so it may have been prevented.

Cathy

Has its pluses, but also its minuses

Very middle of the road. Some positive things and other very frustrating things. Nothing is going to be perfect, but this could be a little better in my opinion.

Pros

Easy to use and put new prospects in manually if needed. Nice to have the ability to text or email from the same platform. Having all the onboarding forms loaded for the candidate to complete has been helpful. Ease of ordering reference check, background check and drug test.

Cons

If a prospect applies for two positions, none of the conversation/ information carries over and both applications need to be checked for all of the details. Also, there is no way of seeing where a prospect is in the process without physically opening each person to look. Being charged for a background check when the person never even completed the authorization or provided any information is beyond frustrating.

Kara

Hireology for staffing needs

I wanted to love Hireology, as the concept aligns with what we need. If we chose to try them again, it would have to be for a different type of contract. We lost thousands of dollars.

Pros

The Hireology platform was exceptionally easy to use. There was little training needed, as it was user friendly. The text messaging and template feature was also easy to use and allowed for fast contact.

Cons

I found that our ads were not displayed properly on all job boards. For example, some failed to even have our description, the links often didn't work, a link once took me to a business that wasn't ours, etc. Not only was this frustrating, but our representative failed to take accountability. There were constant excuses and no one ever wanted to make it right for us. For what we paid, I expected the service to top of the line. For the same amount of applicants, I can pay less with Indeed who is the top job board.

See above answer.

Reasons for switching to Hireology

I made the switch because the cost made sense for our needs. I wanted to advertise on multiple job boards, but the cost was too high. Hireology was supposed to be the solution.

Yami

Hireology ATS

We've had some hick ups with the set up because of our sales rep that is no longer there, but other than that it's been a good experience.

Pros

I like that the all communication (including hiring managers) it's in one place. Has organic posting that saves us on job postings, able to text candidates, and you can view the candidate work flow stage.

Cons

It's a cookie cutter system and most of the time you're unable to tailor processes based on our needs.

Reasons for choosing Hireology

Specializes in heavy equipment, cost and organic posting was a savings for us too.

Reasons for switching to Hireology

Because Hireology specializes in heavy equipment and the organic ad postings.

Janeth

Great organizational tool

I enjoy having the all-in-one site but have to use different platforms such as Indeed and ZipRecruiter to find applicants--HIreology seems to be blocked from full efforts of these platforms; very expensive and difficult customer service

Pros

It is very helpful to have all questions for interviews on one site, grading and communications--history of applicant. Keeps applicants' journey very organized

Cons

Not the most responsive--have to input interview answers several times; I apply separately to Indeed as Hireology seems to be blocked from Indeed recruiting, does not seem to specify which StretchLab is requesting employees

Vicky

A Very Expensive Product

Basically ok but very expensive

Pros

It's fairly easy to use. Some good features. No training was involved as you are just left to figure it out on your own. I'm sure there's more to it but when you have a million other tasks to do a day, you don't have time to stay on the site to figure it all out.

Cons

Not worth the money you pay for it and very limited packages available.

See above

Eric

Great Product, truly helpful

Very helpful staff although has taken too long to onboard

Pros

I read the book "Best Team Wins" by the founder of this company, wish I would have read it much sooner in building our team. The software is based on the principles of the book. Truly helps sort through the applicants, we are hiring fairly fast and furious. It's intuitive - probably more intuitive if you understand the real philosophy of building team and company culture. If you grasp this, you will love it. Also, very easy to post to job boards and even though a bit pricey, it's worth it. Overall it is extremely well thought out. Great software partnerships for testing, skills assessments, background checks and reference checks. Super easy to work in teams for the hiring process - which is essential to hiring great people. Like it enough to come here and post a 5 star review!

Cons

There are some areas that the software doesn't actually keep up with the typing and you have to wait - like in the question building areas. There are a few typos within the stock emails.

Jack

Hireology is the all in one solution for dealership hiring

Hireology should be a requirement in running a successful dealership.

Pros

Hireology is a fantastic tool that is very easy to use for anyone needing to hire for an automotive dealership. The ability to post, refresh and remove as many jobs as you need to is a great thing to have. Hireology pushes to many of the major job boards, making sure the exposure is there for your jobs.

Cons

Hireology has not disappointed in any way yet. We have used the product for over 6 months, and everyone from the general manager to the service manager can easily post jobs that they need filled.

Finding new employees for specific work

Overall it's been pretty good. We have gotten a few good new employees out of it, and it helps us get our ad seen in a lot of different places

Pros

We are a waterproofing/foundation company, and we use Hireology for all of our open positions. It is great because it posts the openings on multiple different sites so your ads can be seen by as many people as possible. It keeps everything in one place, it is easy to identify the new applicants, it keeps track of your communication history if you choose to email through the software.

Cons

This seems trivial but you can't highlight and copy and paste the applicant's email address. This is a huge pain when you're trying to quickly send multiple emails or in our case, add multiple applicants to a campaign for a hiring event. Also, we had a little bit of trouble getting in touch with their customer service when our ad wasn't "refreshing" as it should have been.

Melissa

Assessments

I have had several years of great experience but it has gone less than desirable over the last year. You can not get a hold of customer service e and then they call you back leavi g a message. The result is a back and forth of unresolved issues. My issue went 2 months and was not resolved so I called them very upset a d was told I needed to speak someone about signing another agreement. They owe me money because I purchased an assessment and the potential candidate declined to take it ,so I asked for a refund. Well they agreed to a credit me IF I sign another agreenent. Who does that?..you burned your bridge. I will take my business elsewhere as well I will share my experience with others. Sorry to see that a company I once believed in is going downhill.

Pros

You can utilize the dashboard to monitor multiple things at one time.

Cons

Posting and relationshipswith 3rd parties could be better.

Natalie

Great product and great candidates

Extremely positive. I would recommend them to all organizations for its hiring needs.

Pros

We've used other applicant engine programs but Hireology is by far the best. It is such an easy program to use and customer support is always available to help if I ever have a question. The customer service team reaches out often to check in with our offices and audits our accounts to ensure that we are using the website to its full potential. I'm also pleased to share that the quality of the candidates is great!

Cons

There are some users that oversee accounts for several offices so that was a little tough to set up initially. Once my issue got in the right hands it was fixed!

ZipRecruiter

Reasons for switching to Hireology

Cost, ease of use, quality of candidates

Colleen

Great Resource For The Serious Job Seeker

The applicants that we receive from Hireology tend to be the more serious job seekers opposed to those that are just filling out an online application to "look" as though they are job seeking.

Pros

The ease of it and that it was user friendly.

Cons

There wasn't much that I didn't like to be honest.

Reasons for choosing Hireology

Past history of success....

Larisa

Pricey for a small business but worth it

Very friendly staff!

Pros

Better control over our home page and ads than on prior software. Easy to send reference checks out.

Cons

Cannot do our own state background checks through this portal. Not Hireology's fault, but it was actually one of our main reasons for switching ATS.

Reasons for choosing Hireology

1) fast response by internet, with a request for a time to call to discuss 2) friendly staff Other ATS systems were either slow or not as friendly.

Reasons for switching to Hireology

Because they listed OLD hourly wages that were well below the current minimum wage on our company page. I provided proof of current wages, which were 50 cents or more higher than the current minimum wage to multiple Indeed staffers and asked them to change the display. Their answer was they always listed whatever reviewers said. They were unconcerned that we may a) lose applicants and b) look like we were noncompliant with state law.

Samantha

Great Applicant Tracking Program

Pros

Hireology makes the application/hiring process so simple. We hire 6-20 people each week and we use application/hiring programs that best fit our needs and that can help make the process easier on our end. My favorite part is the ability for us to include the interview questions into the process. So it keeps everything in one spot.

Cons

The only con that I have is that there is a lot to Hireology, which is a good thing as well. I am continuously learning new things that I can do on it.

gina

Germain Honda of Dublin

Overall it has made the hiring process much quicker. We use to have about a two week turn around period with updates and setting things up. Our store is very large volume, so when we need an employee it is much better to have the process start right away.

Pros

My favorite part of the software is the ease of sending out background checks, drug screens, and driving checks. we use to all have to email one person in corporate, and understandably, it took her sometime to get through to all of this. this has made the hiring process much quicker

Cons

I find it difficult to get to the page to send the drug screen. i currently have to find the applicant, move them to candidate, and then assign them to a specific job to send it to them. it would be much easier if we could do all of this while they were still in the applicant page.

Andrea

Great resource

Allows me to post multiple jobs without nickel and diming me to death.

Pros

I like that I can post my own job ads, and also go through my candidates at my leisure.

Cons

Nothing at this time, everything functions well

Integration with Netchix

Allyn

Very few applicants

Very disappointed with our recent use. Very few applicants of any kind for jobs that we have had some success with using Hireology in the past. I reached to let them know about the lack of applicants and see if there was something wrong. I received a reply that said they would check into it, but then no other contact, no resolution, and still almost no applicants. Then decided to cancel and try Indeed directly, where we received multiple well qualified candidates immediately, and have made hires from them.

Pros

The software is fine, relatively easy to use. no complaints

Cons

cant think of any off hand. seems to be ok

Christopher

Needing some improvements

Their customer service team is amazing.

Pros

Going in the right direction, I like that it's easy to use and can easily check reports.

Cons

Limited on supporting documents that can be store for each candidate. Won't like to sort and organize people for future opportunities. Don't like you have to start the process over to repost a position. Seems less exposure on a lot of job boards without paying for it.

Reasons for choosing Hireology

Easy to use and navigate.

Reasons for switching to Hireology

Took over and looking for more exposure to recruit talent.

Stephanie

Easy to Use and Background Checks Included

Pros

It was easy to set up the hiring process for each job posting and the content for each step. The customer service team was always just a call away and often checked in on me, which was helpful with my busy schedule.

Cons

Having it integrated with my franchise's job platform would have been helpful to keep all my hiring activity in one place. I would have also liked the ability to post multiple locations for one job description to prevent one applicant from having to apply multiple times for the same job in two different locations. When creating the applicant myself (i.e. uploading the applicant's resume myself), I needed the ability to send the job application separately so they could answer the question about a non-compete with a current and if they were eligible to work in the US on a full-time bases.

Alyssa

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Amazing Product!

Amazing. I love this system and would recommend it highly.

Pros

The ease of use and ability to thoroughly organize my candidates and their progress through the recruiting process.

Cons

I would love to be able to categorize my candidates by recruiting status (interviewed, reviewed, etc) and export into an excel sheet. Something more customizable. Also setting tasks on a calendar to remind me to do things with candidates. EX: Set a reminder to call a specific candidate in 6 months

Elzabeth

Streamline your recruitment and onboarding processes

Very good.

Pros

Hireology is user friendly and provides all the essentials for busy recruitment and HR departments

Cons

I do wish it had more features-- Like the ability to customize Onboarding easily without involving their Support Group. I like to do things on my own timeline.

Barbara

Hireology Review

Consistency of process

Pros

I like the incoming leads function the best. We never get as many as we want but we are able to find quality employees utilizing the system

Cons

The speed of the sofware. It churns frequently and times out daily

Price, functionality and support

Noah

A great experience compared to other programs

The programing and help center have been great. Any issues I have they respond asap, they also help to problem solve with you when you are not meeting goals. The program its greatly functional but is also ongoing with development and that is very helpful.

Pros

I like that I can have ads already generated to make duplicates, the site rarely ever glitches and is always running proficiently.

Cons

The program could have a better organizational aspect, such as emails and text being available right in the program itself. Having emails and text going to my own email can be disorganized at times and hard to respond asap.

william

My experience with Hireology

went fro being the best way to find applicants to hire to become not effective. I alost feel moey woud be better soent posting on hiring boards such as Indeed with out Hireology's support.

Pros

I used for a few years. it was cutting edge technology sometimes brings me good candidates to hire

Cons

Since they have grown abd become successful they have changed to processes used to contact me. Before I had a personal consultant that understood the nuances to hiring in my business (automotive) now I just talk to a consultant who is not familiar with a car dealership's needs or have to stumble through posting and writing an add on my own

Rich

Hireology

Our experience has been fabulous. They are a partner with what we are trying to accomplish, while providing industry leading benchmarks. Our reps are quick and responsive and understand the subject matter at a high level

Pros

Keeping track of our recruiting efforts was almost unmanageable. Hireology allowed us to have one dashboard to house all of our applicants, as well as one touch contact and the ability to share with other managers. Hireology has simplified the process and allowed us to filter thru the applicants while easing the ability to schedule interviews, request references and move thru the hiring and onboarding process.

Cons

Any technology can be improved. We work diligently to partner and improve the product.

4.16/5 out of 94 reviews