• Pros

• "Ease of use and great content. We use this faithfully and has been a great tool with our hiring process."

• "I love the fact that I can email the clerical test to a candidate and not be worried about space for someone in the office taking the exam. "

• "The customer support for HireSelect is excellent. I can always count on my account representative to handle everything we need in a timely and professional manner."

• Cons

• "Personally, I liked the functionality of the software before the last update. It's still a wonderful product however, we just have to do things a little differently. "

• "They recently changed the platform. I am having some issues with using it, but my customer support person, Jessica, has been amazing helping me through it."

• "The new layout takes a little time to get used to but has improved significantly over time."

Browse HireSelect Reviews

Wade from AmBit

Industry: Utilities

I am the Operations Supervisor for a small power plant. We do not have a dedicated HR group. I am tasked with recruiting, reviewing resumes, pre-employment testing, interviewing, hiring, and pre-employment requirements. This is in addition to all my other duties that actual pertain to keeping the plant running and working with the 28 people in my Operations Department. HireSelect has been a huge time saver for me. I have hired 13 Operators in the past 4 years. To hire 13 Operators we went through over 100 candidates. The customer service and assistance has been great from day one. The customer service department is always available to answer any questions or explain how a feature works. There are several other features I like about HireSelect. I have recommended HireSelect to several people in a similar position as mine. They have tried the free trial and they also see the benefits of using HireSelect.

Pros

The software provides access to several tests that provide an insight into a candidates personality, thoughts, and knowledge. HireSelect also is a convenient way to sort and store a large amount of data as it relates to potential candidates.

Cons

As the software recently went through an overhaul, I have not had enough time to dedicate to learning all the new features included in the update. The core of the program is still the same just the formatting and organizing have been modified. So far the new features I have used are better than the old program.

JOHN from American Collections Enterprise, Inc.

Pre-Interview Testing is a blessing!

HireSelect saves me time and money! It also saves the applicant time and money by not wasting their time on non-productive interviews or enough worse, a serious mismatch on career selection.

Pros

HireSelect lets me choose a wide range of tests that upon completion will provide me with a better insight as to the value each applicant can provide. Different positions require different skills and HireSelect does not lock me into a one-size-fits-all testing program. I make the decisions on what traits, skills, intelligence, education, etc. are most important for each position I am looking to fill. A number of these tests have a built-in truth detector that is triggered if an applicant strays from fact into fiction!

Cons

HireSelect is a fantastic resource. I have no complaints, no least-liked features, etc. I value the entire package!

John C from AMCOLLECT | American Collections Enterprise inc.

HireSelect is my Recruiting Partner

Excellent!

Pros

HireSelect saves me and my staff a lot of time dedicated to the recruiting process. We select the tests that are most germane to our needs and the scores rendered on those test allow us to pinpoint those applicants that are most likely to do well in our industry and environment.

Cons

So far, and we're into several years of use of this software, we have nothing to complain about. We feel very comfortable in recommending this service.

Robin from Cranemasters

Industry: Railroad Manufacture

Good Basic Assessments

We have used these tests for candidates we are considering bringing into the company and they have been helpful. They have been easy to get to the candidates and we haven't had any complaints from candidates in regards to accessing the tests. They do provide an additional data point for candidates. We have also used these tests to gauge skills for current employees. They have been helpful in designing development plans.

Pros

Wide variety of skills and personality type assessments. They are easily administered online via an email and a link. Results are available online as well.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to view the actual questions and potential answers to the tests prior to assignment of the tests. There is a description of what the test is measuring, but being able to see the content would give you a much better idea of the method behind the test.

Desiree from La Sierra University

Love HireSelect and their Staff

Perfect. Our rep has always gone above and beyond and is always accessible for questions or concerns as they arise. Same for the tech team.

Cons

Scratches my academic itch in recruiting

Pros

Scientifically validated, easily distributed to applicants, high quality results and UI.

Cons

Not adapted to international market, all the benchmarking tools focus on the US.

Reasons for Choosing HireSelect

A highly qualified scientific board, ability to understand how the questionnaires were developed, high confidence in validity of assessments. Inclusion of a language independent reasoning test.

Madelin from Slingshot, Inc.

HireSelect helps me screen and find the best applicants to hire.

The typing test and computer proficiency test helps me weed out unqualified candidates quickly and easily. I can also evaluate aptitude with the Criteria Cognitive Test, and I can see a correlation between that score and quality of work.

Pros

The variety of assessments help me choose the best fit for each position. I can evaluate a number of different levels, aptitude, personality, or specific skills.

Cons

If I wanted to integate the results with my ATS, I would need to upgrade to a fancier package. Now, the price is cheap for the service, but I don't know why I would have to upgrade just for an integration.

Wade from Yes Careers

Convenience and Flexibility

Pros

The ability to create your own test batteries. The scheduling with potential candidates. The flexibility of the software, just a link to send to a candidate and youre good!

Cons

The lack of integrations. This also can just be specific to be. I wanted to integrate with my ATS but it doesn't seem to be available as yet.

Adriana from Health Quest Chiropractic

Never hire again without using HireSelect

Great company, amazing assessment tools and outstanding customer support.

Pros

HireSelect offers several assessments to measure cognitive abilities and personality traits.

Cons

I love HireSelect, I have absolutely no negative feedback.

Chris from Push Innovation Live

HireSelect Goes Above and Beyond

The algorithm for our hiring has improved over time, thanks to an annual correlation study conducted in conjunction with HireSelect. Utilizing HireSelect test results in tandem with our company's internal employment metrics like turnover, attendance and work performance, we have changed our testing requirements to achieve better quality and longer-tenured candidates.

Lindsey from ST6 Partners

Promoter

Hands down I would recommend them to others looking to use the pre-employment software. The product is solid and the customer service can't be beaten.

Pros

HireSelect is a great company. Their software platform is solid and provides an invaluable resource to make hiring decisions with less risk and more insight into a candidate's capabilities and fit. My favorite part of working with them though is their customer service. It is outstanding and above and beyond the level of support I receive from any other vendors I've worked with throughout my career. They are responsive, highly competent, and very willing to make adjustments to the software that better serve our needs as customers.

Cons

They recently rolled out a new platform and there were a few technical issues that were quickly addressed (so that's not actually a problem, but another nod to their support and responsiveness). They do have one issue that they are still addressing which is that their testing services don't always work without error on Explorer or Edge internet browsers. It's a minor issue as we've simply started telling candidates to take it on another browser instead. That's the only reason for me giving them a 4 on quality, otherwise, I'm definitely a huge promoter of HireSelect.

matthew from Truline

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

My two sense

It is a great way to screen people in order to see if we want to take them to the next level in the hiring process. We have learned a lot about the tests from all the applicants and from having our really good loyal employees take the test and then were able to see things that stand out and help our hiring process or Lean it out a bit.

Pros

Simplistic and ask many questions rather than just a few.

Cons

I do not like how on the EPP test in the results it says no position selected. It would be nice to see maybe how long it was taking an applicant to answer question or do the entire test to see if they are just not reading and putting zero thought into their answers or if they are diligently reading and putting thought into each question asked. I think this would help decide if an employee is rushing or is able to take their time, care and answer to the best of their ability. Right now I feel this test is a bit of a waste and does really absolutely nothing for me when there just isn't something more for me to base my decision on a stranger.

Pros

Using HireSelect has really helped us in identifying quality candidates for our organization. The newest update was a little confusing at first but after talking to our account manager it's actually a lot more user-friendly once you know where to go.

Cons

There's not a lot that I don't like about the software. LIke I mentioned before, the update was very confusing at first but our account manager walked us through.

Donna from Ameriflex

Great Software

HireSelect has improved our Talent Acquisition process by helping us make better candidate selections. Through employee personality profile scores, and by matching candidate competencies against benchmarks, we are finding candidates who are proving to be better fits for certain jobs, which is also leading to increased employee retention.

Pros

I like that I can create my own battery of assessments, based on each specific job description. I also like how quickly I can access the results, can compare candidates' assessments, and can review individual competencies.

Cons

On the Employee Personality Profile, I wish there were a few more benchmarked positions to choose from.

Todd from Natural Advantage

Industry: Chemicals

Great Stuff!!!

Pros

Cons

When they performed the recent upgrade, it took some getting use to but still managed.

Andrew from Utility Concierge

HireSelect Review

John has been great, very responsive!

Pros

Very easy to use and extremely helpful in our recruiting efforts!

Cons

Not a lot to say here, but there are a couple of features that I would like to see: 1. Did the user take the assessment on a mobile device? 2. Did the user have connectivity issues while taking the device?

David from Guardian Storage LLC

Take hiring to the next level

Customer service has been fantastic, ready to help or explain at a moments notice (Support team is fantastic). The results are fairly easy to get used to and measure. I like that we can create acceptable result levels and compare online.

Pros

Scientifically backed results that really do level the playing field for candidates (and existing employees) when trying to put the right person in the right seat. Paired with a solid interview process and testing abilities, the cognitive and personality profile tests have been invaluable to make the final decisions in hiring.

Cons

Unless hiring a large number of people, the per test cost is a bit high. Also seem to be sharing costs with services and technology that I am not using.

Great experience working with Criteria

Criteria has enabled our company to hire more skilled representatives than we ever have before. We have candidates take our online testing and we have minimum pass grade that must be met before you move on in the interview process.

Pros

Our customer support representative was extremely helpful in the set up and customization of our testing, we had the opportunity to build testing specific to hiring our Call Center Representatives. We customized our testing for the specific areas that our hiring managers were looking for. Many of the test on the market are to generic for the work our Representatives do.

Cons

Any issues or complaints were easy worked around.

Christina from National Wood Products, Inc.

Industry: Building Materials

Great tool in the hiring process

The people I've dealt with have all been very helpful and responsive. The site was easy to use and helped save us time and money in our hiring process.

Pros

Using the testing online has helped us to narrow the selection pool of candidates and saved us valuable time that would have been wasted on interviewing less qualified candidates.

Cons

The new upgrades are more complex in my opinion and have more than I need, so makes the site seem more tedious to navigate. The old site was easy and straight forward.

Amy from Sapphire Software (K12 Systems)

A partner for us in hiring

Absolutely happy that I have this product to help me with my hiring.

Pros

I have been using HireSelect for just over a year now. It has been a great tool for me to use in weeding through the multitude of resumes. I have had success in finding great candidates that I otherwise may have passed over because their assessment tests fit the criteria for hiring.

Cons

Jerikka from Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc.

Industry: Machinery

Customer service is exceptional.

Pros

The ease of connecting the application to the tests and being able to track applicants within the system.

Cons

I really enjoy using the software. The new setup is a little different but not bad.

Christy from Conway National Bank

CNB 9/2018

Pros

Being able to copy link and e-mail it. The results are in a format that is very helpful and gives us a real picture of the applicant.

Cons

Creating reports needs to be made easier. I liked the way before this update that you could export results to an Excel spreadsheet. It would be helpful to see the applicants assessments and answers. When looking at jobs and there are more than one listed (ex. Teller) knowing how to combine them together would be helpful. Knowing which part of an assessment is timed. This new update seems more timely than the last one.

Kate from Vogel Consulting

Industry: Investment Management

Great tool for the recruiting process

Pros

I like that I can customize test results analysis based on predetermined baselines. I also like the comparison tools available for looking at multiple candidates.

Cons

The new format is not as user-friendly. It's not easy to find things.

Great product with great support staff

Pros

The ease of use and the support team. Everyone has been wonderful.

Cons

Wish there were more skill based tests (Excel)

Charles from Home Hardware Building Centre

Necessary preliminary screening tool

Good

Pros

Helps to streamline hiring skill set and mark strengths and weaknesses

Cons

Little difficult to interpret at times.

HIRESELECT - ABSOLUTELY FIRST CLASS

HireSelect gives us great information on candidates and their capabilities. By using their tests weve been able to streamline the hiring process and reduce time wasted on unproductive interviews. HireSelect overall has also increased the quality of our hires. One of our best new hires was someone who might not otherwise have stood out except for her sensational test scores. As a result we now hire with more confidence and invest our resources on candidates that are better long term hires.

Pros

Easy to use - fantastic user interface. Really helps give a different perspective when evaluating potential new hires. I'm sure this has saved our company $ks by making sure that we hire the right person first time!

Cons

No cons really, it does everything I want.

Nick from Trinium Technologies

Outstanding Pre-employment Testing Platform!

Our company has struggled with turnover in the recent years and HireSelect has provided another data point that is useful in analyze the candidates who apply.

Pros

The tests that HireSelect provides are unparalleled. They are very relevant to many different industries and the feedback is so helpful during the selection and interview process.

Cons

Not much to say in this section, the software has been exceptional.

Neema from Yes Careers

Does the job

The Company has a great and flexible support system

Pros

Allows you to make better hiring decisions with minimum work from the staff

Cons

This is really great, I cannot think about anything I do not like about this system

Alan from Shanahan Engineering

Industry: Oil & Energy

Does what it says on the tin..

All round good experience, concerned that our non first language English speakers seem to do badly on the aptitude testing.

Pros

Ease of understanding the results, handy to reference.

Cons

Can be a bit fiddly to find the right test

Using HireSelect's CCAT

As Wonderlic was going to change, we needed an alternative that could give us what we needed. HireSelect has exceeded anything we could have hoped for.

Pros

The ease in coping a link to send to a candidate and the resulting report.

Cons

Having to edit testing batteries rather than creating them. The Test Maker function could be more robust.

Terry from Horizon Community Church

Great Tests, Great results

They were very helpful in helping me select the tests, best length of time for each set of tests. They were informative but never pushy.

Pros

The Skills Test and how well the results were to read and analyze.

Cons

Would love to have an answer key. We trained our Admins from the tests that we gave them.T=

Nicole from PAC Machinery

Industry: Machinery

Good Product

Great experience and customer service/support.

Pros

It was very easy to use. Had standard assessments already mapped out for all your standard job positions.

Cons

So far I have found nothing that I dislike about the software. Pretty user friendly.

Sonia from Marco Drugs & Compounding.

Hiring made easier

Pros

It helps you weed out the top candidates from the no so good ones.

Cons

That does not have a our industry job position in the general database, I had to cross reference from other positions.

JAMES from TINOPOLIS NORTH AMERICA

ABSOLUTELY FIRST CLASS

HireSelect gives us great information on candidates and their capabilities. By using their tests we've been able to streamline the hiring process and reduce time wasted on unproductive interviews. HireSelect overall has also increased the quality of our hires. One of our best new hires was someone who might not otherwise have stood out except for her sensational test scores. As a result we now hire with more confidence and invest our resources on candidates that are better long term hires.

Blessie from Homemakers Furniture

Great assessment software, covers a lot of options and able to customize to jobs

Customized batteries for various positions at our organization, easy way to send testing links out to candidates, quick test results, excellent customer support

Pros

Customize to various jobs, can use tests that have been taken to compare for different positions, offers interview questions based on candidate testing results, excellent support staff, lots of choices to make test batteries by position

Cons

A little bit of a learning curve to get used to reading, but you will have that with any software.

Esther from RCS Professional Services

Great service

Pros

Easy to use, great tool that makes hiring more efficient

Cons

Not sure yet if it's reliable in how it works

Steve from TREYSTA technology management

Very Helpful

Great. Good customer support. Works well.

Pros

Gives us an insight into our job candidates that is totally objective. Has helped us make some good hires that may have slipped thru the cracks.

Cons

Works well but it could have a better scoring system that is easier to understand. Competing systems have one number to summarize all scoring.

michael from Consulting

great product

Pros

easily accessible, great user interface, and scores get sent directly to your inbox

Cons

should be more proactive on tailoring assessments for you based on titles

Leandro from Znovu Consulting

Excellent tool to find the best talent

Pros

The analytics tools and the reports are state-of-the-art. It leverages the hiring process and help managers to find the right talents, with great reports based on right assessments.

Cons

There are templates to design the right list of assessments for a job opportunity, which can be improved with more options of jobs.

September 2016

Roumen from 411 Locals

September 2016

Samantha from Pager

Love it

Truly positive It's been beneficial to our hiring, saved us from some hires that would have been cultural detractors

Pros

It is customizable and makes recommendations

Cons

Job creation doesn't intuitively walk you through reviewing test options, creating test, then creating test batteries. It does it backwards.

Riddhi from Magnolia Capital

Hireselect

easy to use and nicely packaged

Pros

easy to customize, easy to break out different roles with different assessments

Cons

maybe more assessment features, guidance on the type of assessments we should be giving, analysis on how they rank among other candidates

Anisa from Greenstone Equity Partners

Great product!

Candidate selection during a final stage.

Pros

Easy to use and understand. Support is great, only that it comes with a 12 hour waiting period due to different time zones.

Cons

Error messages - should make candidate do the test again.

Becky from St. Leonards Community Services

Meets all our needs

Pros

The test results have been very revealing and helped us a great deal in identifying who we should contact for an interview.

Cons

Creating a new position and blending the different tests can be a bit confusing.

Priscilla