What are Criteria users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Criteria software through verified user reviews

• icon"Tech support has always been responsive when needed, but they did such a good job with setup and maintenance, I rarely need them."
  • icon"The software is easy to use and very powerful. We get detailed reports about job candidates to see if they're the right fit for the job."
  • icon"I love how easy it is to administer these tests to candidates and quickly see the results sent to my inbox. Administratively, it was a breeze to set up and maintain."
  • icon"Right now I feel this test is a bit of a waste and does really absolutely nothing for me when there just isn't something more for me to base my decision on a stranger."
  • icon"Also it is difficult when some of the jobs we have aren't in the list so we you have to select something that is closest to that."
  • icon"Nothing comes to mind about features of the software that I don't like."

Browse all Criteria Reviews

• Have you used Criteria and would like to share your experience with others?

Kacey

Great Service

Very easy to use and able to provide information on a lot of our candidates we wouldn't be able to get during an interview. Some of the assessments even help you determine areas of strengths and weaknesses of a candidate and where to focus your questions for interview.

Pros

They have great customer service from start to finish. There was always a clear representative throughout sales and I was passed on to an account manager who handled our training and any question we had. It makes things easy. I also love how the sales rep and then account manager always have contact information on the site so you can always reach out easily with questions. They are always helpful when you reach out.

Cons

We are a healthcare company and some of the assessments are not as specific to out positions, but there is the capability to add your own assessments. The account manager did try to help us find assessments that fit our needs.

Reasons for choosing Criteria

The price was reasonable and the sales person was very friendly and helpful.

Gina

Easy to do business with!

As the title clearly states - they are easy to do business with! They are communicative from the selling process to the ongoing management of our account. We have bi-annual check meetings with our account rep. When we experience challenges, we have quick turn-around times and do not struggle for long.

Pros

As we have moved to more remote work, I'm so glad that we implemented this software at the start of 2020. It took almost a year to review assessment providers, and almost all of them were missing something. Criteria had it all! On top of the great product, the service and the pricing have been phenomenal. We also are very excited when there are additional assessments added. Now that we are through the brunt of the pandemic, we will start leveraging the assessments for development needs on our team. We are targeted to grow by 12% YOY, and we promote on average 14% of our internal talent.

Cons

We had some bumps with building our own assessment, however, no other vendor could do this for us with minimal production costs. Even though we had bumps, it has been worth it to have our needs met. Everything about this product has not only met our expectations, however, has gone above and beyond!

Reasons for choosing Criteria

We looked at two other providers, and they couldn't deliver on the assessments we needed or beat the cost savings!

Reasons for switching to Criteria

The PXT is too cumbersome. Too much-antiquated data and overwhelming for our leadership. Also, the cost was on a per person test, vs. an annual subscription with Criteria. I love their product and their cost structure 100% more than the PXT with Profiles International. Our leaders are happier we made the switch too!

Shannon

User-friendly Reporting!

We are able to narrow down our applicant pool by focusing on the skills and traits that are most important to our company.

Pros

I like how easy it is to read the test results reports and share them with others.

Cons

Maybe that there is not an application-only feature. The Rep had to help us with a work around so that applicants did not have to complete the tests if we were only seeking an application. The application within Criteria Corp replaced our paper application.

Robin

Industry: Railroad Manufacture

Good Basic Assessments

We have used these tests for candidates we are considering bringing into the company and they have been helpful. They have been easy to get to the candidates and we haven't had any complaints from candidates in regards to accessing the tests. They do provide an additional data point for candidates. We have also used these tests to gauge skills for current employees. They have been helpful in designing development plans.

Pros

Wide variety of skills and personality type assessments. They are easily administered online via an email and a link. Results are available online as well.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to view the actual questions and potential answers to the tests prior to assignment of the tests. There is a description of what the test is measuring, but being able to see the content would give you a much better idea of the method behind the test.

Tiffany

April 2022

User-friendly candidate/prospect tool

Pros

I like that this product is user friendly and reports quickly once results are captured.

Cons

The are no cons to this product. I find the product is easy to use.

Lauren

Fantastic Tool for Assessemnts

Pros

The assessments currently offered by Hireselect are fantastic. We have found the Employee Personality Profile and Aptitude assessments particularly useful in providing critical insights into our candidate's work style, ability to problem solve, learn new information, and their current skill level. The tool is very easy to use and customize to your needs. We often use the suggested interview questions that come as a result of a candidate's employee personality profile to help our new managers ask behavioral based questions. The customer service is always prompt and thorough, and implementation was easy. We also have taken advantage of the customized test maker feature to survey our new hires at various milestones in their on-boarding. Having the assessment scores and survey responses housed in one tool has saved us time and effort.

Cons

The only short-coming is the possibilities with the self-service reporting/data. More options to customize your reporting would be great. However, this is not something that is hindering enough to deter us from continuing to use hireselect.

Melanie

Especially Great for High Volume/High Value Hires

Our Customer Success Mgr, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], provided exceptional support during setup and implementation and continues to do so with regular check ins and prompt responses to any inquiries. Recent updates to the assessment summaries make it even easier to read and interpret each candidate's results.

Pros

The deep dive detail the summaries offer for each assessment really allows you to assess a candidate's strengths and weaknesses at a glance. It provides useful info to deep dive into for a follow up interview.

Cons

Customizing your own 'batteries' when creating your assessment package could be a little easier to arrive to. However, once you've gone through the process a few times, it gets easier.

Reasons for choosing Criteria

For our high volume recruiting environment, HireSelect made the most sense financially and had the best support.

Great Product!

I have no complaints!

Pros

HireSelect is very intuitive and easy to use. I had used HS with a former employer and as soon as I had room in the budget, I implemented the product for my new company. I use the testing, the ATS feature, and the calendar to schedule interviews. Customer Support is top notch and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always quick to help.

Cons

I wish it would integrate more holistically with BambooHR so I could use the feature seamlessly. Other than that, it works great.

Reasons for switching to Criteria

Caliper's tests were too cumbersome and long. They were not specific to my job titles and was missing the ATS piece that I needed.

Nadina

Great Tool, Legally Defensible and Accurate

Great company. Very adaptable flexible and fair. I promote it to my HR peers.

Pros

This software is reliability and validity tested. I've used it on some very tough and unique positions and it was spot on every time. Some of our greatest stars were hired through this. I would recommend for sure.

Cons

There are great features and great customer support. I would like to see more targeted tests for specific jobs but overall its really good. I wish I had the opportunity to use more of what it offered in terms of my time.

Reasons for choosing Criteria

Price Point, Quality, Professionalism, Reliability and Validity Tested. User friendly and strong customer support.

Reasons for switching to Criteria

Wanted more professional site.

Matt

April 2022

Great Aid for Hiring Decision Making

Great tool - we wouldn't be without it.

Pros

Basic tests validate the capacity of the individual to make the grade. Personality tests give us areas to focus on in the meeting and help to validate or challenge our assumptions based on the interview process. Support and success teams are first class!

Cons

Whilst it's pretty easy on the whole to set up and use, the user flows aren't always as easy / assisted as I'd expect. Especially when grouping and segmenting jobs and candidates.

Tom

Excellent tool for hiring

Did exactly what they advertised and made the hiring process faster and more professional.

Pros

Customized testing around our job descriptions and responses with applicant results easy to understand.

Cons

Nothing - the software worked exactly as described.

Reasons for choosing Criteria

I received great reviews of Criteria and therefore did not look at alternative products.

Great software for getting insight into job candidates

Pros

Cons

We only had one issue with the software when it went down one day, but otherwise it's been stable.

Lindsey

Promoter

Hands down I would recommend them to others looking to use the pre-employment software. The product is solid and the customer service can't be beaten.

Pros

HireSelect is a great company. Their software platform is solid and provides an invaluable resource to make hiring decisions with less risk and more insight into a candidate's capabilities and fit. My favorite part of working with them though is their customer service. It is outstanding and above and beyond the level of support I receive from any other vendors I've worked with throughout my career. They are responsive, highly competent, and very willing to make adjustments to the software that better serve our needs as customers.

Cons

They recently rolled out a new platform and there were a few technical issues that were quickly addressed (so that's not actually a problem, but another nod to their support and responsiveness). They do have one issue that they are still addressing which is that their testing services don't always work without error on Explorer or Edge internet browsers. It's a minor issue as we've simply started telling candidates to take it on another browser instead. That's the only reason for me giving them a 4 on quality, otherwise, I'm definitely a huge promoter of HireSelect.

Shannon

VERY happy with this tool - use it daily and love it!

This helps me out tremendously with screening applicants. They can no longer say they are proficient in "all office programs" if they aren't.

Pros

This program is very easy to use. Creating new tests and sending the link for applicants is very simple.

Cons

There are a few things that could be easier to find but once you learn how to navigate its fine.

Reasons for choosing Criteria

Because we loved all the different tests it offered.

More functions

JOHN

Pre-Interview Testing is a blessing!

HireSelect saves me time and money! It also saves the applicant time and money by not wasting their time on non-productive interviews or enough worse, a serious mismatch on career selection.

Pros

HireSelect lets me choose a wide range of tests that upon completion will provide me with a better insight as to the value each applicant can provide. Different positions require different skills and HireSelect does not lock me into a one-size-fits-all testing program. I make the decisions on what traits, skills, intelligence, education, etc. are most important for each position I am looking to fill. A number of these tests have a built-in truth detector that is triggered if an applicant strays from fact into fiction!

Cons

HireSelect is a fantastic resource. I have no complaints, no least-liked features, etc. I value the entire package!

How to take the sting out of recruiting!

HireSelect keeps improving by giving employers a better way to drill down on an applicant's potential value for employers.

Pros

When hiring for different positions, you need applicants with varying skills. HireSelect provides a way to test applicants on their aptitude for whatever job you need to fill. By using these services, you can be far more productive in selecting applicants to interview based on their knowledge, aptitude, and fit for your organization. HireSelect is a time saver on steroids!

Cons

There is nothing to not like and profit from by using HireSelect! If you hit a snag, their support services are among the best I've encountered with any vendor.

Reasons for choosing Criteria

HireSelect is far more cost effective and time efficient.

Reasons for switching to Criteria

HireSelect is far more cost effective and time efficient.

Eleesha

Criteria Assessments Review

The assessments act as a critical piece of our interview process and it's been very helpful.

Pros

I like the ease of use for users and candidates.

Cons

Would like to see a leadership assessment created.

Reasons for choosing Criteria

Pricing, service team, and overall assessment offering.

Marie

Excellent Product

With Hireselect we were able to recruit candidates that would work well in our work environment and culture. This has helped our turnover rate go from 75% to 25% in one year. We found a way to use the pre-screening tests to help us select candidates who have excellent work ethic and are eager to grow with the company. We ended up testing our entire staff to come up with a baseline to use for our hiring process. It worked out well and for the first time in 10 years, we have been able to retain employees for more that 2 years at a time. This was a major development for us.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to manage as an administrator.

Cons

Not easily integrated or have the ability to customized some features.

Cary

Industry: Mental Health Care

Hiring Process Dramatically Improved

We have been a customer for about 4-5 years and consider it to be money well spent, an affordable tool to help a small business perform the hiring function on an as needed basis.

Pros

Very simple setup and user friendly for a non-HR professional. We hire sporadically, so this tool helps us to manage the process when we have positions to fill. The email received when a new application comes in is very helpful and makes sure we do not miss incoming applications. It was also very easy to get the site linked up to our website so we can receive online applications through our company website. Tech support has always been responsive when needed, but they did such a good job with setup and maintenance, I rarely need them. The preemployment testing has dramatically improved our screening of applicants to offer interviews to bring greater efficiency to the hiring process.

Cons

This is my first experience with a hiring process software, it has met our needs, so no complaints.

matthew

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

My two sense

It is a great way to screen people in order to see if we want to take them to the next level in the hiring process. We have learned a lot about the tests from all the applicants and from having our really good loyal employees take the test and then were able to see things that stand out and help our hiring process or Lean it out a bit.

Pros

Simplistic and ask many questions rather than just a few.

Cons

I do not like how on the EPP test in the results it says no position selected. It would be nice to see maybe how long it was taking an applicant to answer question or do the entire test to see if they are just not reading and putting zero thought into their answers or if they are diligently reading and putting thought into each question asked. I think this would help decide if an employee is rushing or is able to take their time, care and answer to the best of their ability. Right now I feel this test is a bit of a waste and does really absolutely nothing for me when there just isn't something more for me to base my decision on a stranger.

Sharon

Quick and Easy

With HireSelect we use the pre hire testing more than any other feature. We set a baseline with our current staff and were astounded at how well it read those staff that we quickly implemented. The results have been spot on which keeps us renewing this service every year.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly. When I need to figure out how to do something new it takes not time at all but possibly their customer service even tops this. The easy scheduling system they have to reach out for someone to help is amazing and put the options in your hands.

Cons

Being a SAAS there were some hurdles to jump through with our purchasing department but more likely that is on our outdated requirements. The latest update was significant and hope to see more feature in the near future.

Reasons for switching to Criteria

The pricing was too high for our needs and there was not an online option.

Desiree

Love HireSelect and their Staff

Perfect. Our rep has always gone above and beyond and is always accessible for questions or concerns as they arise. Same for the tech team.

Pros

I love the fact that I can email the clerical test to a candidate and not be worried about space for someone in the office taking the exam.

Cons

Personally, I liked the functionality of the software before the last update. It's still a wonderful product however, we just have to do things a little differently.

Scratches my academic itch in recruiting

Pros

Scientifically validated, easily distributed to applicants, high quality results and UI.

Cons

Not adapted to international market, all the benchmarking tools focus on the US.

Reasons for choosing Criteria

A highly qualified scientific board, ability to understand how the questionnaires were developed, high confidence in validity of assessments. Inclusion of a language independent reasoning test.

Sean

Criteria's Pros & Cons

Overall this has been a fantastic platform to use. Our account rep has been awesome when we have questions. They even have a self-service option which is a huge help when working off hours. Testing has been consistent and easy to implement into our recruiting platforms. Would highly recommend this platform to other users.

Pros

I really appreciate the ease of use the entire platform provides our company. The different tests/scores that are provided for our industry have proven themselves accurate and consistent with our hires. This platform and its ability to drill down to each applicants personality helps save time and provides more understanding and areas that we as the hiring team should drill down to.

Cons

My least favorite thing about this platform is the grading on the personality assessment. Sometimes we can get results that are "inconclusive" or provide red flags, and what we have found is that this generally comes down to language barriers. People who are not originally from the USA trying to take a test that uses vague questions can prove to be problematic.

Jim

Industry: Farming

Added Value

Good people, good product, good support. No complaints!

Pros

We use 3 of the testing modules for every applicant (specific positions) that we gain interest in, after our initial screenings. The results are easy to review and digest, which gives us an added tool to help in our selection process.

Cons

Honestly, I have zero complaints or suggestions here.

Reasons for choosing Criteria

System functionality fit what we were looking for. Hire Select has a very large suite of assessments/test, that cross numerous vocations, which allows end users to use different types of assessments (on/for) different levels of candidate and job roles.

Criteria