What are HR Partner users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using HR Partner software through verified user reviews

• icon"I love the ease of use and user experience that HR Partner provides. It provides an awesome platform to improve your team's/organization's professional look to your internal team."
  • icon"Customer service has been the best I have ever received."
  • icon"I like the ease of use and the variety of features. HR Partner is well designed and intuitive for new users."
  • icon"Also, employees can only view their annual leave calendar on a monthly basis rather than being able to view the whole year in one go."
  • icon"An example of this is the annual leave which with our employees working various 2 week shift patterns has been difficult."
  • icon"I don't have anything that I dislike about HR Partner."

Browse all HR Partner Reviews

• Have you used HR Partner and would like to share your experience with others?

Catherine

Industry: Online Media

Human Resources is now efficient and company risk has been dramatically reduced with HR Partner

As a growing organization, we have gone from no official HR tracking to having HR Partner fully implemented and scalable across our organization. This is complete with 'signable' employee handbooks, employee records for payroll, electronics and equipment tracking, recruiting and on-boarding, etc., all in one space. Implementing HR Partner has alleviated stress across management not only due to the ability to collate documents and time-off requests in one central location, but the ability to have checks and balances in place company-wide.

Pros

The overall ease of use, layout and functionality was my main attraction to HR Partner. The platform is intuitive, with a plethora of options and the ability to personalize features was wonderful. The support from the team and online tutorials only made the set up process even easier.

Cons

Nothing. Any time I had a question, the support team was readily available.

Reasons for choosing HR Partner

Ease of use, responsiveness from the team when starting the demo and trial.

Pauline

Using HR Partner is definitely recommended!

Since we are all WFH, it very easy to manage our employees via HR Partner.

Pros

HR Partner is easy to use and it's also easy to convert to from your current HR system. Their support desk is also quick, friendly and helpful and a lot can also be found in their manuals too.

Cons

Integration with more job boards would be much appreciated and creating an app for smartphones too.

Reasons for choosing HR Partner

The applications looked exactly what we needed for our available budget.

Reasons for switching to HR Partner

HR Partner has is a more complete HR system.

Hugh

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Thoughts after 9 months of use

Good, it was a worthwhile investment and whilst not perfect is good value.

Pros

Really glad we invested in this, proved very useful for moving our HR records away from paper, made recruitment and onboarding much easier to manage and enabled staff to remotely request leave, log sickness, accidents. There are other facilities that we plan to use. Helpdesk very prompt in replying to queries and sorting issues out. Open to suggestions.

Cons

Chose not to use the timesheets facility as not flexible enough for our requirements, which is a shame.

Reasons for choosing HR Partner

Overall seemed best option.

Angela

Great product!

Pros

I like the ease of use and the variety of features. HR Partner is well designed and intuitive for new users. It also has a lot of the features we need, which is what made it stand out against its competitors. Their support is also quick and helpful, even with the difference in time zones.

Cons

There are a few features we wished were available like automatically calculating for federal holidays that all employees are given off and setting a maxed amount of hours per person without a new leave policy for each person. However, HR Partner has taken our feature requests and implemented multiple of them and we appreciate that collaboration.

Reasons for choosing HR Partner

Price, responsive customer service, storage rules

Response from HR Partner

Hi Angela, Thank you for your lovely review. We're glad to hear HR Partner is helping make your job easier. With the federal holidays, you can now upload all the holidays for your country. See here - https://prnt.sc/oxz4p2 I hope this helps and please feel free to continue making suggestions :) Regards, Fiona

Replied August 2019

N'Teasha

Best Purchase of 2020

I'm an a startup and the process of setting up my business for new employees was daunting to me. Finding HR Partner eased the anxiety of how to properly set my business properly. Their training is great and clearly presented. It just solves my problems.

Pros

I love everything about HR Partner, from how easy it is set up to how easy it is to onboard and manage employees.

Cons

I wished it integrated with Quickbooks Self-employed

Reasons for choosing HR Partner

The webinars are excellent in explaining the benefits of HR Partner and once you login the setup is so easy.

Chantal

Fantastic comprehensive product with excellent support

Can't fault them, they're so easy to work with and I love the software.

Pros

- the comprehensive functions, brilliant for small businesses - support is really responsive 24/7

Cons

I'd love to see Zapier integration and there are a couple of features we've requested, but the company are really good at listening to feedback and do have a roadmap of functionality additions based on requests.

Reasons for switching to HR Partner

HR Partner was more comprehensive and really well suited to our clients.

Aaron

The perfect HR system for SME's and Cloud businesses

I can now produce HR reports for my largest client, and get them visibility when previously they have been blind.

Pros

The rollout was simple, and the functionality of a single cloud platform to manage all HR needs, with the integration with Xero, was so useful. I looked around the market, and didn't find many other systems that ticked all of my boxes for less than enterprise prices...

Cons

I need to train myself more on customised reporting, so I can roll this out to all of my clients

Reasons for choosing HR Partner

Pricing, functionality, level of time required to get up to speed.

Response from HR Partner

Thank you so much for your review! We're so glad to hear that you're finding HR Partner useful for your own business and can see it's potential for your clients as well.

Replied August 2020

Great HR Software

Excellent. Really solid platform for HR management.

Pros

Really simple to navigate interface, Well thought out software. Covers all the aspects we needed as a company and the staff love the online portal where they can manage all their holiday requests and profiles.

Cons

Not found anything that I don't like exactly but the signature section could be improved, sometimes the signing boxes don't save so you have to do it again.

Kalpika

User friendly and friendly towards users!

Coming into the demo, we had a clear requirement list and all of it is being taken care of. We're raving fans! :)

Pros

I've used a handful of HR platforms, both as a general user but also as an implementor/ admin. HRp outperforms 99% of those and 100% when considering value for money. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the team are absolute rockstars when it comes to support. Setup in itself is extremely intuitive but there hasn't been a query that hasn't been answered within the day, including weekends! There's a host of features and for a scale-up like us, the pricing tiers is perfect. Honestly, in 3 months of using the platform it's evident every feature has been thoughtfully curated. Our company is co-located across 2 countries and this still does a fantastic job across all the modules we're using. There's even a user-pushed feature implementation which is huge!

Cons

Genuinely, none that I've used so far. 3 months in and all is gold!

Maurizio

Industry: Publishing

So happy for our choice

Pros

HR Partner contains all the features we needed and, more we use, more we see the benefit of an integrated set of features covering all HR needs. The Recruitment function able to push on Job Boards has increased a lot the visibility of our Job Offers. On top, fantastic support from the developer, quick and precise to reply effectively to any request we ever made.

Cons

We were missing the Employee 's Appraisal. We discussed this option with the developer. But it will come soon. Timesheet a bit too tricky to use / report.

Reasons for switching to HR Partner

More features available and better interface (employee portal)

Sara

Good database with additional self service functionality.

I love that leave can be tracked through the system, and it can automatically work out how much holiday has accrued and how much can be taken. I also like that people have self service to update their personal details, and forms can be created to gain feedback and upload data from employees. It also has a central library where policies, procedures and inductions documents can be stored.

Pros

Really good and easy to use People Database, with easy personalisation. I also really like that there is the added functionality of self service and restricted line manager admin access.

Cons

The main issue I found with this software was personalising the permissions of other admin users. Features tend to be blocked together, and some additional functionality such as the ability to fill in reviews and appraisals of team members is only available to line managers if they have access to all the core personal details of their team. Another issue is auto-accrual of annual leave for someone who works a totally flexible schedule.

Reasons for switching to HR Partner

We liked the look of the ease of use, self service aspect, and the ability to log in from anywhere.

Vanessa

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

A great addition to our company!

We are happy to have implemented this software into our company. The support team have been great and are very knowledgeable. We had a great demo call and appreciated the 2 week trial. Following our setup, we were able to have another call with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to check how we are integrating the system and iron out any niggles. We are looking forward to rolling out the software in the company and believe it will add a lot of value and save us a lot of time and energy!

Pros

Overall a great piece of software. The software makes it easy for Admins to control / amend holidays even after they have been approved. The chat function is great as you usually receive a response within 2 hours of submitting a query. It is great that the software has a recruitment function. We look forward to handling our internal recruitment on this. We have previously used a paper form application form for applicants but the recruitment function allows you to create a custom application form so this process can now be digitised for us. Furthermore, there is a great 'scorecard' function that allows you to collectively assess job applicants as a hiring team together, so it provides one easily accessible platform to handle internal recruitment. There are lots of ways to customise the software to tailor it to your business' needs e.g. adding your own leave categories, assigning different hours to different employees, assigning different permissions to the Admin users.

Cons

If a leave request is initiated by an Admin rather than an employee, the leave request will not display on the employee's recent leave requests. Also, employees can only view their annual leave calendar on a monthly basis rather than being able to view the whole year in one go. Furthermore, days off in their annual leave calendar do not state whether or not this was a half of whole day making it difficult for employees to track where they have taken leave. On our previous software, employees were also able to request 0.5 days off whereas this software forces you to input the hours and minutes for a half day... this is not a huge issue but just leaves more room for error with employees having to work this out for themselves. I have submitted these issues as a request for improvement with the developers so hopefully they can implement these changes!

Reasons for switching to HR Partner

We made the switch as this software was quite glitchy. It also took the support days 5-10 days to reply to queries. Admins were also unable to amend leave requests after they had been approved, and instead we had to contact their support team and wait for a response to make a small change.

Lonnie

The Complete HR Management Package

HR Partner is much better than the previous HR software we used. Switching to HR Partner was the best decision we could have made, having all employee information in a glance has made our life and work easier.

Pros

HR Partner has all the information we need about every employee, it is easy to use, it allows us to have different leave policies and holidays depending on the location of our staff, so we can personalize it according to our needs. The note system is great to keep a record of every detail we need to review in the future. It is flexible and intuitive and it has a lot of extra options other systems don’t have like recruitment and a document library where all training documents or manuals can be uploaded. Overall is a very complete system that covers every employee aspect we need.

Cons

The only issue I have is with the automatic leave accruals, I’m using the Upfront option where the employee will be allocated the entire default allowance at the start of the employment and every anniversary thereafter but I wish there was an option here where you can start the allowance on a certain date and not on the anniversary date.

Reasons for choosing HR Partner

It provided by far the most value for the price.

Response from HR Partner

Hi Lonnie, thanks so much for your review. It's great to hear that HR Partner is helping you keep your HR records much more organized. Also, I wanted to let you know that we do have the ability to have leave allocated on a certain date that you can define. If you haven't found this yet, please contact our support and we'll help you with this. All the best, Fiona

Replied February 2020

Shaun

HRPartner is really good

Pros

- I was looking for software that will help us track paid time off (leave) and I found software that can help us with dozens of other HR needs that I didn't realize we needed including recruitment (job postings, integration with Glassdoor, etc.), employee documentation, sick day tracking, org charts, onboarding/termination checklists, online employee requests, pay scale tracking, position and location tracking, and much more. - The customer service has been absolutely fantastic. Seriously fantastic. They have representatives around the world that can help companies in any time zone. We are in the Eastern (USA) time zone and I have had help from Australia early in the morning and Alaska later in the day. Responses always come in a few seconds. - They are open and very quick to fulfill feature requests. I don't know if I just have good ideas, or if HRPartner is just one of the most effective development teams I have seen in years, but I have requested half a dozen changes and every single one has been added except one. The last one was a timeclock module, and they have said that they are building one that should be rolled out in the next few weeks. Based on their track record, I have no doubt it will be added. - I can tell that the HRPartner team is not huge. I have chatted directly with the CEO. But in this case, that seems like a good thing. It makes them very nimble and able to provide great service and to meet my needs quickly.

Cons

- The software/website is fairly new which means that many features are coming soon. - Some nice-to-have features are still pending. - There are limited integrations: only one payroll integration (Xero) and only one recruiting integration (Glassdoor)

Trudie

Straightforward solution from recruitment through whole employee lifecycle

Excellent experience.

Pros

We were looking for a solution which had an Application Tracking System for recruitment, and worked as a database for our people and supported their HR needs throughout the employee lifecycle. Plus we wanted a good suite of APIs and documentation to allow us to integrate with other systems. HR Partner has given us all of this and we haven't regretted the choice.

Cons

It doesn't have some of the bells and whistles of more expensive HR software, but HR Partner do listen to the customers and add things to their roadmap. We have multiple shift workers on different working patterns, which is complicated for HR Partner's holiday booking. I'd like that to change, but appreciate that most organisations have simpler holiday booking needs.

Donna

Industry: Civil Engineering

HR Partner clearly LOVE their clients!

With HR Partner we can effectively monitor all of our employees' renewable memberships, licences etc without using spreadsheets anymore which was labourious and unreliable! All of our information and documents are stored in one place and easy to find instead of being scattered across multiple folders on the server, and I love the asset feature which allows me to quickly look up who has which computer or phone etc. Overall HR Partner is streamlining and simplifying the whole process and is so lovely to use!

Pros

I am very thankful that I found HR Partner. Being able to initially trial the program was a tremendous benefit and they were so patient and helpful during that time; they never once made me feel like I was wasting their time – I can’t thank them enough. Their responses to my questions during setup, integration and beyond have been prompt and personal and the team is always open to suggestions. The program is extremely user-friendly and easy to navigate, yet it can be used to accomplish an enormous amount and is highly flexible. With the Xero integration up and running, the leave application & approval process is a breeze. The team are available via email, on-line chat and even phone, which is rare and wonderful in an industry which is rapidly becoming very depersonalised. They clearly love their clients and are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

I haven't found anything to dislike. The team are so easy to talk to and so easy to get hold of that any issues (few as they have been!) are quickly resolved. They are open to suggestions and happy to implement changes where possible.

Jessica

Brilliant platform for HR Management

Overall I have had a very positive experience with HR Partner. They have been keen to work with us to develop solutions to meet our specific needs which has been great. The support chat function is really useful and quick to respond especially for quick fixes or advice. Although our issues with the leave calculations have taken a long time to be resolved, we understand it is quite specific to our company structure and appreciate the improvements put in place.

Pros

The ease of use is a definite plus. The navigation is great and really simple from both the admin perspective and the employee portal. Very easy to find the information you are looking for.

Cons

There have been a few issues where the software hasn't worked for the way our company is structured. An example of this is the annual leave which with our employees working various 2 week shift patterns has been difficult. Although it took a while to resolve, HR Partner have implemented a way to turn off the auto calculation in the leave field to allow us to use it but with the long delay it has meant we have struggled to use the platform to record leave

Kurt

Best HR tracking system out there!

Every time we have contacted support to look into an issue we found them extremely responsive. Many of the issues were a result in something we were doing incorrectly but they still worked to resolve the issue.

Pros

We looked around for a simple to use HR tracking system to replace our outdated in house access based system and it was hard to find something that had the features we needed without tons of things we didn't. We love the employee's note section where we keep detailed notes about every employee. Also, the recruiting module has simplified our hiring process. There are too many things to list but we highly recommend this software. As a call center we need to keep detailed notes for every interaction we have with employees and this system allows us to accomplish this need.

Cons

I really can't name anything we don't like. Many of the suggestions we gave to improve the system were implemented. No complaints!

Stephanie

Industry: Facilities Services

December 2021

Easy to use, and lots of options

We are loving it so far

Pros

I like that it is a ONE STOP SHOP for all HR needs

Cons

Learning curve. With the tutorial videos and help it has helped a lot.

App Sumo

Toni

HR Management Platform

Implementing HR Partner has been an easy process. This platform is ideal for small-large organsiation's. It is there to support HR in the employment lifecycle from recruitment to exiting.

Pros

HR Partner has helped Injury Matters streamline many of our processes and allowed us to keep all our HR records on one platform. It's extremely user friendly, and team members can access and update their information at any time, anywhere. It has significantly reduced administration time. The help desk was helpful not only in launching the platform in our organisation but also in the continued ongoing support.

Cons

The only con I would have is not having the option to have customisation done to suit our organisation's needs but so far have managed to put workarounds in place for these.

Alberto

HR Partner is the only HR Managment Tool You Need

Overall it is must-have for any organization big or small. It is super easy to onboard and use and I highly recommend. It provides a simple yet customizable platform for you to leverage to provide a strong and professional HR presence.

Pros

I love the ease of use and user experience that HR Partner provides. It provides an awesome platform to improve your team's/organization's professional look to your internal team. It also allows for easy to use document signing and team member self-service that is extremely flexible. All our team's information is there in one single pane of glass.

Cons

HR Partner says there is an integration with Indeed to track application and their statuses but we have had zero luck with that integration. The software does provide applicant tracking within the HR platform and it works well but it would be great to have that integration they advertise.

Response from HR Partner

Hi Alberto - thanks a lot for submitting this review. It's great that you're getting benefits from the self-service functions (and looking more professional for your team!). Our integration with Indeed does work, so please get in touch with us if you're still having trouble with this. Thanks, Fiona

Replied August 2020

Jimmy

Decent HR Manager

it's good enough for the basics and for the price that I paid on App Sumo.

Pros

I like that it's cloud based, mostly user friendly and user intuitive, so setup is easy, instructions are good enough

Cons

it's not a full HR app, we still have to use Microsoft excel to track some things and then print it out and scan into HR partner, this is mainly for performance bonus tracking. Wish there was a way to have a bonus tracking function on the app. Maybe some type of excel function would be awesome

Reasons for choosing HR Partner

price on AppSumo was an awesome deal.

Wanted one centralized HR platform

Stefani

Your all in one HR Software!

Pros

I love so many features about HR Partner, so it's definitely hard to choose one, BUT if I had to choose, I would choose their leave feature. We are at a point in our organization right now where we were using SO many documents and files to keep track of all of our team members' leaves and it was just way too out of hand. With the leave feature, it definitely helps take a load off of our talent & culture team because we were able to add in managers as admins to now approve leaves.

Cons

So far, I would say the display of the organizational chart could be better. If you have a lot of team members, the organizational chart cuts off and doesn't show the whole organization unless you change it to another view.

Bryce

Great standard tool that is developing into more

Overall the product has been good. For what we need it is slightly lacking, but for the price we paid (one time fee through AppSumo) it's a tool we'll continue to grow into and grow with over the years.

Pros

I especially like the profiles & the ability to onboard. While there are some features lacking on the onboarding, it is still a very solid product that is improving it's ability to onboard new employees.

Cons

The reporting structure and recruitment were my least favorite pieces. Not only was there a lot of difficulties getting people assigned correctly (including separating the values of admin profiles vs employee profiles) but the recruiting integrations did not work well. We saw a significant (nearly 80% decrease) in postings made through HRPartner vs natively to Indeed.

One time fee from AppSumo

Sina

Human Resources Information System is a must for organizations of any size!

Pros

I like the feature set and the scalability of HR Partner the most. In my experience, the support has always been prompt, and the additional HR materials and resources, including the webinars, are immensely useful.

Cons

As a side effect of having a lot of features and customizability, the onboarding and getting buy-in from the users, especially the less tech-savvy managers, is a bit tricky. However, that's the case with any and many tools. Thankfully, the modular implementation allows for gradual roll-out of features to the end-users, so we can properly train the users in time.

Reasons for choosing HR Partner

HR Partner provides an integrated all-in-one HR system, that provided the most features and scalability for us, than using multiple other systems.

HR Partner