HRLocker

HRLocker Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I enjoy the personal touch HR Locker has to offer and have found their customer service to be extremely helpful and has a fast response."
  • icon"Vert easy to use, easy to navigate and easy to upload documents."
  • icon"The system's reporting feature has been further developed to allow for additional reports which are useful for management review."
  • icon"The annual leave setting for part time workers is tricky to manipulate through HRLocker are applying a fix for this."
  • icon"I have no areas that I could comment on in relation to the Cons."
  • icon"There are no aspects currently found to be difficult to use with this software."

All HRLocker Reviews

Diarmuid

Industry: Wholesale

Efficient professional service for monitoring in line with compliance

As a modern day company, we want to ensure we are fully compliant to all regulations. HR locker was recommended to us and the system has transformed how we manage our small team of staff. Time off and time is easily recorded now and the ability to produce reports if needed is superb. From the start, the assistance from HR locker support staff (Crystel) was fantastic. From initial testing of the software right down to full installation the team at HR locker could not have been more helpful and ensured we were happy. It has transformed our time and attendance recording to being more professional and that of a modern employer. Thank you HR locker.

Pros

Easy of use to log working hours. Easy of use for staff to book holidays. Transparency for all staff where needed so holidays dont clash. Ability for management to produce reports accurately and easily. Support staff behind HR locker ensuring all my queries or problems are answer really quickly. (Top marks) Uploading of certificates under each staff profile. Everything is kept in one place.

Cons

No App version. For our territory staff, and app would be far easier and quicker for them instead of having to log into a web based version. The format of the dates when booking holiday can be confusing especially for older staff. It would be good if you could log your hours worked in advance, for example 6 months ahead (particularly for regular office staff). And only change then if needed.

Reasons for choosing HRLocker

HR locker were more interested in the service they could provide to make our company better. Bright HR just seemed like a call centre that did not really connect with us. The level of professionalism was not to our liking.

Response from HR Locker

Hi Diarmuid, we have released a new app for clock in and out that I think is what you are looking for! I'll get one of the guys here to give you a call :)

Lorraine

Excellent HR Tool

All in all, HR Locker is an excellent tool. It is used daily in our company by each employee. It is a safe place for us to store our Policies and Procedures so that they can be signed and reviewed over and over again when required. HR Locker has some great features but one that I have to call out is their Customer Support, there is always someone available to help when it's needed and they have all gone above and beyond to help us at Spearline. I would definitely recommend this product.

Pros

This tool is very easy to use. The majority of it is self-explanatory which is great as we have new users added each month. I love that Hirelocker is linked to HR Locker and any candidates that are hired are automatically placed in the Onboarding Office. I also like the reports section - again everything is in one place and easily accessible.

Cons

I would love to see the "Time Off" section being updated to include Gmail so that when someone books annual leave in HRLocker that it updates their calendar also. I belive this is readily available for Outlook email but not Gmail as of yet. I would also like to see two additional sections in the HR Locker RTR section. Currently, it has "Goals" but I would also like to see a section for "Competencies" and "Learning & Development Needs" - this would give a clearer picture for both the employee and the manager.

Response from HRLocker

Hi Lorraine, Thank you so much for your feedback! The email should be able to sync with Gmail so I will get one of the guys to follow up with you. We have done some recent updates to the RTR section which I think might solve your problem so Ill get them to chat about that with you as well! Crystel Rynne

Miriam

October 2022

Simple Solution for managing time and Annual Leave

Pros

Its handing having one tool for both managing time and requesting annual leave time. It connects together and automatically fills your days off as AL. Being able to keep company policy document on the platform is helpful as well for getting signatures.

Cons

I dont have any draw backs to this platform, its an easy to use solution.

Rabia

HR Locker

Overall, it is a good software. It also depends on the package that Griffith College or any organisation buys. I have only worked with SAP, Ultipro, Peoplsoft prior to this. These are much more expensive and the expectation of output would be different. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been extremely helpful throughout and is an excellent representative for HRLocker.

Pros

HR Locker is very user friendly as an employee.

Cons

- Some of the reports were blank when generated e.g. time-on reports - The programming behind the fields is not always accruate e.g. user cancels a week's holidays, the time-off field is updated (i.e. it is cancelled and the balance is updated accordingly), however, in the time-on field, those days that were booked as holidays continue to show as the generic day time 9am - 5.30pm when the typical visible field would appear empty with no times showing. This implies that the fields in the background are not correlated in the programming. Additionally, this example does not happen each time which adds to the programmind not correlating consistently. - Despite the above, the software is very economical and therefore the expectations of accuracy and output should reflect the cost. Overall, it is a good software.

Reasons for choosing HRLocker

It was implemented before I joined the company. From my understanding, it was a recommendation from someone. It is an economical software and a good segway to implement into an organisation who is trying to bring in a HRIS.

Response from HRLocker

Thank you Rabia for taking the time to give us feedback. We are always here to help, I will make sure that support follows up with you in regards to any issues that you are having!

Hilary

Easy to Use and Great Support

This is the 3rd organisation where I've used this software (I introduced it in all 3). It's an easy way to manage employee leave and other 'HR' details. It's easy to implement and easy to use. The team is great, they offer quick support and they are very friendly, responsive and helpful. The price is reasonable and fair for the product.

Pros

It's an easy way for employees and managers to request/approve/monitor leave. It avoids confusing spreadsheets. This is especially good for staff who's hours do not vary (ex. Salaried Staff working set hours). HR Docs makes it easy to ensure staff compliance with Essential Documents that require staff signatures. All 'HR' file information is now paperless and compliant with GDPR. Cost effective (easy to show cost/benefit given the efficiency is creates) HR Locker has reacted very quickly to the global pandemic and made very quick changes to the product that have been useful in the situation.

Cons

We don't use a clock/in clock out system so the leave management isn't perfect (I have to use some workarounds). It's difficult to edit annual leave/sick leave once entered (it has to be deleted and re-entered). There are not many custom options to include/change as needed. What you see is what you get. Up until very recently, there hasn't been a lot of noticeable change to the system (PRO - over the past 4-6 months there have been several really impactful updates/changes).

Response from HRLocker

Thank you Hiliary for your feedback, we are always here to help! I will pass on your feedback to see how we can improve the HRLocker experience for you! :)

Aisling

Industry: Industrial Automation

Great Value for Money

HR Locker has helped us to streamline processes and improve communication. Much more efficient than previous methods used to log annual/sick leave etc. It also helps us stay compliant with GDPR and other legal guidelines around storing employee/candidate information. Our employee review process has improved immensely and we are already noticing the benefits of that throughout the business.

Pros

We were looking for a software system that would be easy to implement but also streamlined our HR business function. HR Locker was very easy to grasp and the support provided at the implementation stage was second to none. The HR Locker team are always contactable and happy to help! The system has helped us streamline our HR processes and improve communication across the business.

Cons

Email formatting on HireLocker is temperamental at times

Reasons for choosing HRLocker

Ease of use Value for money Free Trial option Support provided at implementation

Response from HRLocker

Hi Aisling, thank you for taking the time to review HRLocker. I will have a look at those emails for you and get a resolution for you !

Jonathan

Very simple and useful SMB HR resource

Great for tracking employee time and attendance, easy interface and great customer support. Also very good on compliance for HR documentation.

Pros

ease of use interface not trying to do everything - just what is does well

Cons

No performance/appraisal module - just reminders and document storage Would like better dashboards

Response from HRLocker

Thank you Jonathan for your positive feedback. We have launched a new Performance Management module. I will get one of the team here to give you a call to show you through it and hopefully it will be what you are looking for!

Treasa

HR locker

Easy to pull reports

Pros

Easy to use, provides all the functions needed of a HR system, Simple design

Cons

Cant allocate administrators to see only some information

Reasons for choosing HRLocker

Price, functionality, easy to use

Response from HRLocker

Hi Treasa, thank you for your feedback. I am sure that we can solve your issue in regards to admin access. I will get Sinead here to contact you to discuss. :)

Brendan

Industry: Law Practice

HR

I would highly recommend HR Locker to any business of any size.

Pros

The software provides an efficient yet simple platform to easily manage and comply with all of my obligations from a HR perspective. It is easy to upload and circulate office policies as well as monitoring all annual and sick leave taken by staff members.

Cons

It is hard to find fault with the product. I am yet to encounter any issue of concern.

Reasons for choosing HRLocker

I tested the product on foot of a recommendation.

Emma

Very good software and amazing support when needed from the team.

Pros

Ease of reporting, and logging leave requests for staff

Cons

Not being able to delete TOIL automatically

Response from HRLocker

Hi Emma, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are always looking to improve and always take on board your feedback. I hope you are happy with the reason changes to TOIL.

ELAINE

Industry: Investment Management

HRLOCKER PUCHASE - JULY 2019

Overall, good experience from choosing the software, discussing our needs with the project manager assigned to us, implementation and training. I feel that the training could be delivered in a more structured manner for a new user - when the system was ready to use we were asked in training "well, what do you want to know?". A new system should be explained methodically and clearly to new users, particularly the administrators.

Pros

The software is easy to use and users require very little training to get up and running. The system's reporting feature has been further developed to allow for additional reports which are useful for management review. Finally, the software is produced, developed and supported from Co Clare and we were conscious about supporting Irish business.

Cons

The annual leave setting for part time workers is tricky to manipulate through HRLocker are applying a fix for this. The Real Time Review feature caused us some issues early on to the point where we chose not to introduce it to the business until further development work had been applied. That said, we are testing it again right now and it does appear more user friendly {with some anomalies still be be explained}.

Reasons for choosing HRLocker

OrangeHRM was expensive and while appeared to offer a lot, based on our needs, budget, GDPR considerations and the level of support required afterwards, HRLocker appeared to be the wise choice.

Reasons for switching to HRLocker

SOURCE HR was an old system introduced to KBI in 2001 so it was old, database style and security was limited. We had been advised by our Security Manager to upgrade to a cloud based system and hence the upgrade.

Response from HRLocker

Thank you Elaine for taking the time to complete this review. You have been a great customer to work with and please don't ever hesitate to contact us if you need anything, we are always happy to listen to any requests. :)

Nicola

Industry: Industrial Automation

Overall opinion of HR Locker

Overall it suits our business very well and caters for all our needs. We're happy with how it works.

Pros

Product is very straight forward and easy to use, in particular for employees (i.e logging annual leave, sick leave). I enjoy the personal touch HR Locker has to offer and have found their customer service to be extremely helpful and has a fast response.

Cons

The 2 things I like the least are related to Hirelocker and are more visual issues than effecting how the system actually works. Firstly how jobs appear on the our own website. While there is an option to change font and colour etc in Hirelocker, we are not an overall fan of the look and feel it doesn't fit in with the website. Greater ability to edit this layout would be much appreciated however I am not sure if it's possible. The second thing is how emails appear from candidates on Hirelocker. Often they can look a bit skewed which isn't ideal. A clearer layout would be much appreciated.

Reasons for choosing HRLocker

It was recommended to us by a HR consultant who said it was the best value for money for a SME like ourselves

Response from HRLocker

Thanks, Nicola for taking the time to record your feedback. I will have a look at those emails for you and see can we make them better for you. Crystel Rynne

Adrien

using hirelocker

very positive, overall very good and interaction with Hirelocker staff is superb - so much better than other CRM companies

Pros

Vert easy to use, easy to navigate and easy to upload documents

Cons

not so much as what I don't like but I would like to be able to navigate to a specific page a lot easier ( page number instead of having to go to the last page and then navigate 2 pages at a time. Also, the search function needs to be made easier and a few little niggles ironed out but in general very happy with the system

Reasons for choosing HRLocker

cost and the fact you are an Irish company!

Response from HRLocker

Thank Adrien for the feedback! I'll get one of the guys here to touch base with you and chat with you what you think might make the navigation easier. Always happy to get a user input! Regards, Crystel Rynne

Kari

December 2021

HRLocker Review

Good. Customer service has always been very good.

Pros

The hire feature is good. I also like the org chart feature.

Cons

Time off customisation could be improved. Overall look of the software. Time off section easier, currently feels a little crowded and not user friendly.

Reasons for choosing HRLocker

Was looking for a more local based software

Aoife

HR System for SME

HRLocker has streamlined and automated our HR processes which has freed up so much of our managers and HR teams time allowing them to focus on other value add projects. The system is improving all the time with new features and functionality which is exactly what a growing company needs.

Pros

HRLocker allowed our company to automate our HR processes across the board from recruitment, CPD, leave management, Performance Reviews to onboarding. Our employees and managers have experienced the benefits of a one stop shop.

Cons

It is changing quite a bit as the team make improvements and so at times I feel we have just been getting used to a new feature or screen and then it changes again.

Response from HRLocker

Hi Aoife, thank you for taking the time to review HRLocker, I will take your feedback on board about the new releases! And if there is ever anything you need please feel free to reach out! Crystel Rynne

Gitanjali