All ClearCompany Reviews

Reviewed April 2024

ClearCompany Review

Katherine

Reviewed April 2018

I love ClearCompany because it has everything I need in an easy-to-use system.

The main benefit is that it allows to recruit clients throughout the world.

PROS

It is a very good and easy-to-use software, in addition to allowing access to information in various ways to find what is needed. It serves as a great support since it has online training videos and allows the liking of other companies that want to sell a new function.

CONS

There is no cons with this software, the only thing would be the evolution of technology, so they must constantly update to allow much faster communication

Virginia

Insurance, 201-500 employees

ClearCompany HRM is the best Applicant Tracking System and Onboarding Software

ClearCompany HRM is very customizable and the customer service exceeds any service I've had with a vendor before. Our account rep is always available to assess our needs and provide us with any information/help as needed.

PROS

ClearCompany is very customizable, the fillable PDF feature in the Onboarding module is very intuitive, and the customer support is amazing. I can always rely on my account executive to be available and answer any questions I may have. During implementation or upgrades, our account representative is always providing us with updates and keeping us involved in every step of the process.

CONS

There are not too many cons that I can say about ClearCompany. The only suggestion I would make is that the Onboarding solution would be more customizable in how the steps are laid out in the candidate experience/view. Other than that, ClearCompany is very user friendly and customizable.

Reason for choosing ClearCompany

Because ClearCompany is customizable and easy to use with an intuitive interface.

Tina

Used free trial

Reviewed June 2016

Okay system; bad customer service

I was with this system when it was HRM and then ClearCompany bought it out. This happened a year after we implemented the HRM system and it felt like we had to go through constant training with our hiring managers and updates for the transition. I had 3-4 different reps in less than 2 years and the response time was horrible. I waited over a month for things to get done and implemented. When ClearCompany took the product over it was definitely better than HRM but not enough to justify them wanting to double our cost! I felt like it was finally an okay system as opposed to bad and was not willing to pay twice the amount for okay. If you're a growing organization and don't want to go through the headache of changing systems in the future look for a system that does not charge per recruiter license. A lot of the functions that only recruiters could utilize should have been available to hiring managers or HR generalists. For example, you could not search a specific applicant if you did not have a recruiter license so if we made a hire and HR needed to grab some info from the system they could not use their hiring manager access to do so even if they had access to the candidate in the requisition. They had to try and remember which requisition they were pulled from and go into the requ and find the candidate which makes it challenging if you have to hire 20 of the same position. Another headache is if you want to really track your candidates and the time to fill you can't indicate to the system that you need 20 admins, you have to post 20 times. Waste of time. Overall: System is ok and functioning = 3 (the CRM aspect is horrible, I wouldn't recommend at all this is just for ATS) Ease of use: search limitations and the fact you can't identify more than one hire needed for a role increased the workload = 2 Customer service: horrible. Expect delayed responses and implementation of things needed. Really impacts the efficiency. = 1

Hi Tina, we appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear that you have not had an optimal experience with our customer service team. It sounds like we did not effectively communicate our rebrand or some of our staffing updates to your team. We changed our name from HRM Direct to ClearCompany in 2013 to better reflect our total offering, and were not acquired. We strove to minimize the impact this name change had on our clients, and it looks like we didn┬┐t excel on that with your team. We apologize for any confusion the change caused for you. Additionally, we are committed to offering our team members options for growth in their careers. As a result, we do see staffing changes from time to time. In your account's case, we promoted two Relationship Managers into more senior roles in 2014 - both of whom were dedicated to your account.

Replied July 2016

Shameika

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2023

One of the best Applicant Tracking Systems

Overall experience, has been positive , from the implementation to launching the product. When there are questions or issues the customer service representatives try to assist to the best of their ability.

PROS

Most- I like the ability to having the application and resume together when viewing a candidate. The Onboarding and building requisitions.

CONS

Least; Not being able to call applicants from the app. That would be a great feature , we would have every step all in one place. Other than that no other complaints.

Reason for choosing ClearCompany

Clear Company had all the features we were looking for and being able to still use Indeed as our applicant source and having the applicants and resumes feed into the system was a no brainer.

Ann

Defense & Space, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Cleanest, Simplest Interface

I

PROS

As a recruiter, I value the clean simplicity of the Clear Company user interface. No two products have the same design, so there is perhaps a half day of getting used to where things are found in the candidate lifecycle, but once you see it, it makes perfect sense and becomes habit. Also, the overall look of each page is 'clean' - easy to see all the information without needing to overlook a bunch of unused information.

CONS

I do not have any negative impressions of the Clear Company product from the point of view of a recruiter. I am completely satisfied.

Reasons for switching to ClearCompany

My company was acquired by a Clear Company client.

Sara

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Easy to use platform that has helped our HR department grow and develop!

Everything has been great! ClearCompany has helped us to become better organized and to reach more candidates.

PROS

Easy to use, great customer service when there are questions, tons of training modules online at your fingertips

CONS

There is nothing I really dislike. I think that everything about this platform is great!

Reasons for switching to ClearCompany

HR integration was a huge reason we switched. The features also surpass what others offer by far.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Applicant Tracking System- poised to be great- needs to get past good

As a new user of ClearCompany I was initially very excited. As you open the dashboard the interface is clean and well laid out, the candidate and req screens are easy to navigate for a novice to an expert. They have a cool function where you can leave a note on a candidate or req with the @ sign and share immediately with other users via a push to their email-- WHAT??? So cool. Really. They've recently added text, which is a great function- except that your number is blocked to the candidate and vice versa. I am sure this is for security, but it makes it confusing when text convos are on-going. A small price to pay for text function, but it's there. My main concern with this program- thus far- is that their reporting is reportedly in development- and you can use the "old reporting" or the "new reporting"- this is confusing in of itself- not to mention the list of reports is daunting and confusing in the use of interchangeable language that does quite hit the mark. Overall I give this product a thumbs up for the total package. I don't pay for this package- but if I did, I would push harder on development team to get it together and come out with updates and fixes a tad faster. We're all busy.

PROS

Great user interface- excellent ease of use for managers that are NOT recruiters; Simplified application process available to candidates; Clean and clear dashboard with all components easily accessible Great flexibility to share between users Text function-- YAY!

CONS

Reporting function is okay at best- too confusing, too cumbersome and stuck between an "old version" and a "new version" Customization options are minimal Customer service is slow to respond

Reasons for switching to ClearCompany

Hired by a different company.

Jillian

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2018

ATS system that makes tracking easy

PROS

ClearCompany applicant tracking system is very intuitive for both recruiters and hiring managers. The system allows you to reply directly to candidate and forward them to the hiring manager. The best part is that all of the information is kept in one place for easy reference. You can view the email correspondence with each candidate, add interview notes and attach documents.

CONS

I wish there was a better way to sort candidates based on the jobs they're matched with or could potentially be matched to. The software has a Talent Pool feature, but I don't find it useful unless there is an open requisition for the type of job the candidate could be considered for.

Reviewed July 2018

The best tool for personnel working in recruitment and selection of personnel

Saving time, managing profiles of candidates in an organized way fluidity of information, selection process and recruitment faster and more efficiently

PROS

It allows you to access the information of the candidate in an agile way, you can search with the filters the specific characteristics that you need that meets the candidate, it facilitates you to send by mail the data of the candidate to the requesting management so that it is evaluated. Clear Company is easy to use, has a wide variety of options and allows you to regroup the candidates by categories or profiles, allows you to schedule interviews, allows you to see the profile of candidates in a simple way, allows to make comments of the candidates, in general terms this is a very useful tool that can facilitate the tasks of selection and recruitment of personnel

CONS

So far the benefits obtained from the program are more than the negative points, in fact it has been a lot of help to our area of selection of personnel, because it facilitated the activities, see the profiles of the candidates, have the information of the candidates organized , give a quick response to the units that require a professional for a certain bacchante, we can send you directly by mail the profiles of the possible candidates for them to evaluate them and we can choose the one whose profile meets the minimum requirements for the position or charge, has allowed us to improve our quality of management and service.

Caroline

Reviewed June 2018

My current implemented Clear Company Software for six clients. They are happy with its capabilities.

1. Employee Performance Management 2. The software helps employers are able to hire the best talent 3. Employees are able to understand what they bring to the table 4. The software helps in on boarding and recruitment of employees

PROS

I like how the software tracks an employee holistically. From onboarding, recruitment, goal tracking and performance management using metrics for measuring success. This is helps employers hire the top talent. The software is also beneficial for employees since they are able to understand how their work impacts a company.

CONS

1. It can take some time for users to learn how to use the software, but once they do, things are smooth. 2. The software does not allow for much customization like theme color.

Marianne

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2020

ClearCompany Review

Recruiting and keeping track of candidates has made my life so much easier when before I would have to log everything on a spreadsheet. I find the benefits of onboarding is great. again everything is one location, accounting gets a completed packet with nothing missing prior to their first day. Also creating a checklist of items that need to be completed internally for each new hire helps not to miss anything. I think feature requests typically take a long time and if it is something we really need we are always offered the option that it can be done but it would come at a cost.

PROS

What I like most about the software is that I have all the information for candidates and employees in one place. That I can upload files like Caliper tests, emails and additional info to a candidates profile and the same for employees. Like union cards, intern confirmation letters to name a couple.

CONS

So I don't like that I don't have an overview in the dashboard of what internal packet items have not been completed. The employee name and percentage is listed on my dashboard but it would be great if I was able to see what has not been completed and by who. I feel I would be able to stay on top of it more. Right now the only way for me to see what is not completed is to go into each employees internal packet to see who owes what. Due to the pandemic I had to schedule a lot of virtual meetings through Microsoft teams since ClearCompany does not offer that option. So being that you already sync with outlook I don't understand why microsoft teams is not available through ClearCo. Its extra work for me since I need to go back and forth and then type a note so I can keep a record of what happened.

Reason for choosing ClearCompany

The features and affordability of the product.

Lauren

Public Policy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2019

So Far So Good

So far we have really enjoyed our move to Clear Company. The implementation team have been so very helpful in getting us up and running very quickly. We have weekly calls to make sure things are moving along the way they should, and I feel like I always have support if I need any help. The whole applicant tracking module is very customizable, so all of our needs were able to be met without a problem. Overall, so far I feel like it's worth the extra money we're paying (compared to our old system) to have such time savings and ease of use.

PROS

We purchased all three modules, but so far have only fully implemented one of them (applicant tracking). We are currently beginning implementation of the onboarding module, and the performance management module will be last. So far, we really like the applicant tracking module. Hiring managers have told me they find it easy to use, very intuitive and easy to figure out. I especially like the interview invitation piece, because it integrates with my Outlook calendar and the entire process is automated. No longer do I have to spend hours on the phone trying to schedule candidates for interviews... this system practically does it for me. I also really like the Scorecard feature, where I can route Scorecards with each application to the entire hiring team and have them review and score each candidate on their own. I can then review all of their notes and it helps me narrow down my search very quickly. So far I'm really enjoying the time savings that Clear Company has given me.

CONS

So far, there's really nothing I don't like about it. Again, we've only fully implemented one module, and have only been using it for a couple of weeks. But so far I really like everything about it. If I had to identify one con, it would be that there is an additional cost to add more than three customized forms in the onboarding module. But I'm working around that, so not a really big deal.

Carl

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2017

ClearCompany HRM Review

All in all this has been a pretty good product for our organization. We were able to streamline our req approval process through the ATS and on top of that the reporting system is super robust. The reqs that you open can be automatically pushed to the larger job boards and on top of that you can set up knockout questions for candidates when they submit their application through the ATS. Our company will be transitioning out of ClearCompany to an HRIS but if we did not make the jump to the new system it is very liekly we would have re-upped with ClearCompany.

PROS

Candidate score card and marking system are pretty unique and different. You can set up triggers that parse the resume and pre-rank the candidates based on what is in there to sync up with your job qualifications...makes sourcing super easy. Candidate review process is pretty nice as well, you can 1 click push the candidate to the hiring managers for review.

CONS

Honestly, Their customer support is less than ideal. I think we cycled through 3 different reps on our account and we haven't even been with them for 2 years. That being said, it comes with the territory...we have had a couple ATS's and it always seems that is the case once you on-board as a client.

Cheryl

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2017

Very user friendly!

Clear Company works to make improvements on its product, and functionality. While it does not offer some of the immense details that other products may offer- this suits our companies needs perfectly. I found that when researching other options (some of which were very expensive) - we would not utilize everything that came with the price tag. Clear Company was and still is the best option for us. It gets the job done without getting bogged down in things that we don't use.

PROS

Easy to learn and use, can build my own job reqs and apps, or the support team will also do for you. Easy to teach and train others to use, has a large number of standard report options, or you can have one customized to suit your needs. This has been one of the best decisions our company has made!

CONS

There are several functional niceties that I would like to see and have recommended. The support team keeps track of all requests and works to implement changes in product updates.

Torrey

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Solid ATS And Great Return On Our Investment!

We've had a great experience with Clear Company. For us, our needs are pretty simple: we need to quickly post, attract, and hire candidates. Clear Company has consistently allowed us to do that.

PROS

Really user friendly with a lot of features. Very easy to post positions, access candidate profiles, and run reports. Customer service and ongoing webinars are excellent as well.

CONS

Not too much, we looked at several other ATSs when re-evaluating whether to continue with Clear Company, and none of the other products would have provided us any improvement or added value based on what our needs are.

Reason for choosing ClearCompany

It was just as good as the other products and the pricing was competitive, if not better.

Wanda

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Could be better

Client support is mostly good and they try to help as best they can. However, there are simply some functions that they just don't have so they can't help. Oh and there's a glitch with the sycning of the outlook calendar. For some reason it would show up as a double event on my calendar when the candidate accepted. They said the glitch was not on their end and my IT dept. said it was not on our end. So it just went unresolved.

PROS

I liked the ease of creating a job requisition and the fact that I could have the job posted to multiple job boards is also pretty great. It also nice to create offer letters in the system.

CONS

Making changes to an offer letter is not as easy as they make it seam. I usually just created a new one. They don't have the capability of scheduling an interview with multiple interviewers. Also, adding the knockout questions is not as simple as they made it look during the demo; there are a lot of steps to set it up and set it up correctly.

Maria

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Clear Company makes my job easy!

We are able to track and follow through with our candidates and manage the recruiting process. I've also discovered that I have extra time to explore the endless possibilities it has for screening and testing. the scorecards and interview question templates have helped me delegate the interviewing process to the hiring managers so that they can manage their own screening process easily and boost their confidence in the recruiting process.

PROS

The recruiting process is seamless and intuitive. As I new user I was able to understand and use the features it provides with incredible ease. Once I became comfortable with the software I was able to optimize my recruiting efforts. As an example, we filled 10 positions in one week.

CONS

The software allows us to transfer candidates to our PEO system, Paylocity. Both systems have their own performance evaluation systems, but this does not transfer from one system to the other. Perhaps if the performance evaluations were the same in both systems it could reduce double work.

Gina

Banking, 51-200 employees

User Friendly - Excellent Software

Excellent

PROS

Clear Company is very user friendly, it is so easy to recruit and move around within each applicant and work flow. Especially for the Managers, I don't need to do too much training it is that easy. The email features are great and easy setup for creating the text messages. Excellent product. The staff is very friendly and prompt to any questions.

CONS

The Reporting isn't always easy for me to get my information. It takes a few tries, and maybe I don't always utilize this part of the software except for my yearly benchmarks and AAP reporting.