Humi Reviews

4.53 / 5 (15)

Our advisors have recommended this product 16 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Has fairly good basic HRIS functionality, easy to set up and use with a good price point. Company was very responsive during the sales process."

• "Humi is extremely easy to use. It helps our teams stayed organized and up-to-date. Compared to similar softwares, Humi has been the most intuitive."

• "I thoroughly enjoy the tracking system for earned vacation time. Uploading documents is clean and simple"

• Cons

• "The only downside to Humi was that it didn't directly connect with our benefits provider -- being able to connect directly with our benefits provider would make it much more convenient."

• "I was on customer support when no one was available so it asked me to schedule a meeting at a later time. When the meeting came around, no one was available."

• "They seem to be working hard to continuously add on features. Always seem to see something new under the 'whats new ' notification. "

Browse Humi Reviews

Hugh from Yuhu Inc

Humi - couldn’t do HR without it!

Pros

My experience with Humi so far has been seamless and enjoyable. We’re a 20 person software startup in the process of doubling our headcount over the next 8 months, so we were looking for something easy to use, but with enough features to support us while we scale. It was important to us that our new employees be impressed with the onboarding flow, since this is their first impression of our company, and this was one of the things that impressed me about Humi the most. The experience for new employees onboarding to the Humi system (and our company) is very sleek. Overall the sales process was quick and easy - some other companies weren’t as efficient and didn’t get straight to the point. And the process of learning the software was easy - I was reassured that I would have a dedicated onboarding specialist, and they did reach out, but I opted to teach myself how to use the system instead. I was able to figure out basically everything on my own, and just had a few final questions for their team before launching the software internally. So far, the response of our existing team has been great. They’ve all started using it to request time off already, and we’re going to start to dabble with the performance and recruiting module very soon. I’ve likely only set up and configured 50% of the full depth of features that are in this product. Excited to explore more.

Cons

I did find one UX issue while creating an approval flow for a time off policy, but that’s to be expected in such a big product. From what I can tell there are hundreds of features. I’ll update my review should I encounter anything else. I also wish the Slack integration had more functionality.

Susan from The Protein Shack

Humi is a game changer

very good

Pros

The first thing you notice when you get onto Humi is how clean the design is. Wow Wow Wow. Usually my employees have trouble navigating softwares, but with Humi, my employees have become very independent. They just launched the Humi Go App which allows them to request Time-Off, and see their balances on their phone. No more email exchanges or paper forms for this gal! It was hard to find a Canadian company that did everything I needed until I found Humi. Whether it was just storing employee data, running payroll, or even administering benefits, they handled it all. Its nice to have one point of source for all your internal employee needs. There is so much in the system its hard to get into everything but some of the best features are; the document center (where you can upload, edit and send out documents for signature, customized to each employee), onboarding (digitally on-board new hires to the company where they can sign contracts, fill out personal details, and access their own employee platform), and time-off (easily set up leave types and track leave for all employees). Their integrated Payroll is the icing on the cake. It really reduced the errors we had from transferring our changes to our old clunky payroll system (ADP). The buying process was very quick and simple. We had a couple demos to showcase the platform and then we had the pricing conversation. Price is per employee and on a month to month basis and they didn't charge us for implementation which was superb.

Cons

There were a couple things they do not have that would be helpful. We currently have a couple hourly employees, and they don't have a clock in/clock out system. However we use the additional fields section to track these.

Colleen from Arts Commons

Extremely disappointing

Zero

Pros

Cons

Looking for efficiencies in our HR processes and had specific needs - we were promised that all needs could be met and that they would customize to do so. This was an outright lie - if your needs are on their 'roadmap' then all is good, but basic timesheet functionality (which we required) was not important enough for them to customize. Their "implementation" is free but basically non-existent - you do all the work (which we were ok with but others might not be). They responded quickly to our initial concerns and it went to Sr. Mgmt as soon as I called them out for lying in the sales process, but the response from their Co Founder was completely insincere in his promises to fix the situation and in fact, after waiting almost 6 weeks for him to follow up, he blamed me for not reminding him and actually said "Should you have sent me an email in the past two months, I would have been happy to live up to my promise in helping to align Humi with your needs" my response to him was a detailed list of all the times we had tried to get resolution in that time period. telling me "I'm extremely disappointed in our team for the experience you've had, as well as our response to your concerns...." and asking if he could have until the next day to resolve.

Meghan from Zaui Software

Great Product!

Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been perfectly seamless. Humi is a fantastic product, supported by a wonderful team of people. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Pros

We use Humi for everything from time off, performance evaluation, employee surveys, goal setting, and more.

Reasons for Choosing Humi

I chose Humi because of the goal setting functionality and overall UI. Also outstanding service I received from first contact.

Response from Humi

Replied March 2020

Hi Meghan! Thanks for the kind words. If there's anything else that we can to support you and your team, please let us know! - Kloe from Humi

Easily track payroll information and vacations!

Humi has completely cut down the admin we used to do when tracking payroll or vacations.

Pros

My current company is using Humi to track payroll and vacation information all in one place. It has replaced the need for spreadsheets and emails back and forth. One part that is great is that past employees can still login to update their address information - we used to have to chase people's updated information when tax season came along. Everything is self-managed for users which is the best part. It also helps to have an approval system when tracking vacations that can be approved by a direct manager. It will also tell employees how many vacation days they have left which used to be a frequent question in our organization.

Valeria from BrandSpark International

Industry: Market Research

Super intuitive and helpful

Overall, Humi was great at ensuring our teams were able to easily keep track of things like vacation time and other company updates. It's ease of use makes it a very attractive software product.

Cons

Response from Humi

Replied December 2019

Hi Valeria! Thanks for your review. It's music to our ears hearing that Humi is intuitive and helpful. We hear you about the lack of benefits integration. We're relaying this feedback back to our team so that we can continue supporting you and BrandSpark! Have a great week!

Mike from Ada Support Inc.

Humi is a breath of fresh air

HR headaches gone - and the price is right!

Pros

I didn't realize how painful HR was until Humi came along and removed all the headaches. As a business owner, it's fantastic to have a cloud-based, delightful, solution to manage all my employees. So thankful to be out of word, google sheets and the antiquated world of PDFs!

Cons

Applicant tracking is still being built out. I'm very much looking forward to switching from our existing solution to Humi's but some functionality is still missing here. I'm told, however, a major update is on it's way!

Jamie from Hubdoc Inc

SaaS HRIS at its best. Effortless setup, great customer support.

All the employee information in my company, always updated and available in the cloud.

Pros

The thing I like most about the software is how easy it was to set up and roll out to our organization. I was able to do our company setup and send out links to our entire team to fill out their information in about 20 minutes. Their pricing model makes it super easy to trial the application and to drive value from it before Humi tries to charge you for the results. All of the employees in our company who use the app find big value from it.

Cons

The app is still in the early days. As they build out new functionality, they need to make it discoverable for users like me.

basic product for basic needs

Disappointed with the product and my experience. Oversold on the capabilities. it does not integrate with any other products, if you don't plan on going through the entire suite offered, reconsider this product.

Pros

The product itself was created to be very user friendly and customizable. it has good potential and serves the needs of a smaller company.

Cons

The after-service is not the best. once you're onboarded, the help offered is minimal and not timely. furthermore, the information as to the capabilities and functionalities are not consistent. insist on seeing your actual requests before onboarding onto the product.

Bonnie from AXIS Inspection Group

Easy to implement and use

Pros

I like the Overall information that is available and can be entered for future review. I also like the analytics and reporting.

Cons

Finding some information isn't intuitive as to where it is located, i have had to ask a few times where to find things, but the response has been incredibly quick. Also looking forward to a payroll feature being added.

Tiffany from Bioenterprise Corporation

Excellent service, accommodating and helpful staff

Storing all HR items in one place and electronica.

Pros

Cons

my least favorite item about HUMI is the delay time it takes to see product development changes. Some items have taken more than a month.

Damien from SlimCut Media

Amazing, powerful and simple to use HR management software

Less time spending managing HR and more time growing the team.

Pros

Powerful, simple and free. Perfect tool to manage a growing organization without the complexity of other software on the market

Cons

I wish there was a link to payroll but I heard it is coming in the next few months. They also need to include the management of global offices such as Europe.

Amel from Guépard Communications

HR CRM

The support team is amazing and they always ask for feedback.

Pros

We were looking for a solution to manage our HR department, the guy from Humi was very helpful and resourceful . I know that this software can be a game-changer in our business. Easy tracking of every one evolution in the team, easily signed the paperwork, you can make a survey for each member.

Cons

Since I was on free trial it wasn't easy to see all the features. You really need to set everything to see how it works.

Response from Humi

Replied July 2019

Hey Amel! Thanks for the review and for the feedback regarding the free trial experience. We'll make sure to consider this in future builds. Have a great day. :)

Tyler from inkbox

Industry: Cosmetics

Humi is like Advil for HR. It takes away the headache of dealing with it as we scale.

HR without the headaches.

Pros

I like that it's a repository of employee information. As we grow it's increasingly important for me to be able to dive into Humi to check out employee time-off, phone numbers, birthdays, etc.

Nicole from RECBC

Locked in

We evaluated them as part of a search for an HRIS

Pros

Some good features for a smaller firm that doesn’t have anything in place - would be an improvement.

Cons

Having to be tied in with a benefits broker relationship as part of the pricing and access

Response from Humi

Replied July 2019

Hi Nicole! Thanks for your feedback. As for your concern about being locked in, that's the opposite of how we want you to feel. Humi customers have two options: they can either go the benefits route by making Humi their broker, or they can pay the no-contract monthly fee. If you have any questions or want to clear up the confusion, feel free to email us at contact@humi.ca - Kloe from Humi