Justworks Hours

Justworks Hours Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I love how quick and simple this app works. It's great for taking breaks and clocking out swiftly."
  • icon"I love the ease of access that comes with using Boomr."
  • icon"I like the fact that Boomr allows to track time for projects in an efficient way. It makes quite easy to identify the correct time and thus pricing for projects and therefore better manage employees."
  • icon"When busy it is hard to remember to go back and end your break sometimes."
  • icon"I recently found myself unable to delete a shift that was made by mistake."
  • icon"I dislike the mobile version of the app. However, that could be an Apple related issue as some in the office do not have the problems that I seem to."

All Justworks Hours Reviews

Kelley

Industry: Facilities Services

Boomr is a Really Good Time Tracking Program

We had a really good experience with Boomr and used it for a couple of years. The QuickBooks integration is great as is the GPS tracking - really important to know that your employees are actually where they say they are. We ending up switching to another time tracking program that was more comprehensive and tailored to our specific industry, however I’d really recommend this to anyone needing a reliable time tracking program.

Pros

It’s an easy and comprehensive way to track time - especially when you have lots of employees with different shifts - and it integrates with QuickBooks which was great for us.

Cons

For our industry in particular, it woud’ve been really helpful to be able to have some sort of alert if an employee does not show up for a shift. Additionally a lot of employees had issues clocking in or out at times.

Josh

Boomr is Amazing!

I love the chat option with Boomr, so many of my difficult questions have been answered with a simple chat. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been amazing and extremely responsive to all my questions, even if the answer isn't the direction I hoped it would be.

Pros

I love the time tracking features with the app. We recently started using the Time Off Requests and it has helped us to track our time off requests more efficiently as well as effectively. We love the ability to track lengths of lunches and being able to see the "approaching overtime" tracker on the desktop version.

Cons

1 thing that I wish the software did was able us to track "unpaid time off". I understand the reasons it doesn't but if we had this ability it would eliminate our need to use a secondary software to process all time off requests. As it stand right now, we still have 2 different time allocation systems we have to use in order to show all of our needs.

Reasons for choosing Justworks Hours

The ability to download the app on different devices and the simplicity of the app itself.

Reasons for switching to Justworks Hours

Simplicity, ease of use, tracking, GPS location, Job Site tracking.

Thomas

Time used: Free Trial

May 2016

Basic Functions are OK, advanced functions are lacking.

Pros: 1 Android market 2 tracks previous days worked Cons: 1 Either the app name or icon needs to be modified to reflect its purpose. It's a great name and a professional icon but neither imply its use. Hard to find when looking for it with the rest of my apps. Nothing jumps out that this app is for work. To be honest I almost deleted the app a few times because it appeared to be a social media app (like twitter) in my apps menu that I didn't know how it got there. So, there really should be an icon reflecting a punch card or a dollar sign or a business guy in a suit etc. etc. etc. that makes you think "oh ya that's for work". The same goes for the name, perhaps just "Boomr punch card" ... "Boomr pay tracker" .. "Boomr hour tracker" ... "Boomr for work"... 2 no place to add mileage driven that day 3 can't request time changes through the app (if I mistakenly hit check out or forgot to check in for an hour after being at work). I have to contact my employer via text or email or in person while a note attached to those hours that day within the app would save time and confusion. 4 GPS HAS to be on to check in? I often turn my GPS off for battery saving. I don't want to be forced into turning my GPS on so I can be checked into work to get paid. 5 time stamp is in GMT (Zulu time zone) i believe for some reason? After I click on a specific day and see the details then it's displayed in local time. It needs to be displayed in local time from the beginning, at very least, for the employees. 6 allow rounding if employer permits it. I'd rather get paid to the nearest 15min. Leave the time stamp for the records fine but allow rounding for the nearest quarter hour for pay calculations. For example: let's say 2 employees show up and leave work at the exact same time. One employee may "click" check in while in their car, the second they pull into the parking lot at work and check out the second they leave the parking lot (maximizing their time 'at work'). While the other employee parks, goes upstairs to the office, sits down and then clicks check in. That same employee then checks out as they leave their desk for the day. The way the app is set up now, the two employees will receive different amount of hours (the minutes adding up each day) even though they each actually worked the same amount of time. Both employees should reasonably be getting the same amount of hours paid. For this can only be accomplished by the "buffer zone" created by rounding.

Sandy

Incredibly intuitive for the entire team

Pros

The transition to Boomr was incredibly easy. The customer support team is fantastic and they are incredibly responsive and willing to find a resolution to any issues we have. All of my staff find it simple and intuitive to use and it's made our payroll and invoicing so much easier.

Cons

When we signed up for Boomr we were told that a scheduling component would be added in the first quarter of 2020. There have been issues with that and now the message it will likely be released in the third quarter of 2020. While we didn't sign on specifically for scheduling, it would help us streamline our system and reduce redundancy.

Reasons for switching to Justworks Hours

CareSmartz is really designed for the healthcare industry. While we provide in-home care and were assured that the product would meet all of our needs, it was complicated and incredibly time consuming. There were so many features that we had to bypass in order to utilize the things we needed. The customer service team promised us things they could not deliver and when asked about them they became defensive and rude.

Patrick

Excellent product, would recommend

Pros

Boomr integrates extremely easily with our payroll processor and very easy to use

Cons

N/A, it's been very helpful for myself as an admin and the retail employees have been using it for clocking in and out at our retail locations

Reasons for choosing Justworks Hours

Better integration, easier to use, more competitive pricing

Latrisha

New User/ LB.

Excellent

Pros

I like that Boomr will show you the time, that your supposed to clock back in from breaks. I also like that we can add notes, for correction with our times.

Cons

That’s it’s not auto clock back in. We as employees can tend to get business and forget to clock back in.

Reasons for switching to Justworks Hours

Not sure it was our company corporate that decided.

Joshua

Efficient Time Tracking across devices

Time tracking for hourly employees. Project tracking and reporting.

Pros

Boomr offers an elegant and easy to use time tracking interface, that includes useful organizational tools like shift tracking, expenses, personnel, projects, and locations. These make managing a staffs time a complete breeze. The build in reporting features are also very helpful. Being able to quickly generate accurate time reporting has been a great assistance towards accurate estimating.

Cons

I've not encountered anything specifically that I dislike about Boomr, so far it does what it promises and more.

Joseph

Good product for small business time tracking

It is an easy to use product for any small business that is looking to simplify and implement efficient time keeping practices. Offers easy usability for any user. Simple platform to implement quickly.

Pros

Ease of setup. Ease of use. Simplistic design and functionality for basic use and small business operations.

Cons

Not as detailed as you may want it to be. Not quite as much customization as other products offer but still a good start for a better time keeping practice

Amanda

Justworks Hours for Nonprofits

Overall I have had a very positive experience with this software. I find it to be very convenient and easy to track time. I appreciate that you can track time live or enter completed shifts. Although I wish it was easier to check out at the correct time, overall I find it pretty well-suited to my time tracking needs.

Pros

What I like most about this software is its ease of use and convenience. The offline tracking is very helpful for remote work and for tracking time on the go.

Cons

It is difficult to check out of a break on-time due to the fact that the software calculates time down to the second but does not display this on the employee view, so it is difficult to know the exact time to check back in.

Paula

Industry: Law Practice

Excellent value and great customer support!

Boomr is excellent for allowing our staff to keep track of their time. We chose them because our Gusto timekeeping program did not suit our specific needs. It was also great that we received a discount for integrating with our Gusto payroll system. We really appreciate that!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use once it's set up. It enables me to look at the information in more than one way, and quickly accomplish what I need to.

Cons

Initially, it was a bit difficult to understand upon first-time use, but the customer support was spectacular. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was there to guide me step-by-step through the process and was very pleasant to work with.

Reasons for choosing Justworks Hours

I looked at several different programs, but none had the functionality that Boomr does, and no one else gave us a discount for integrating with Gusto. Additionally, the guys at Boomr are much more helpful and responsive than anyone else out there.

Justworks Makes Timesheets Easy

Pros

Signing in and managing my time is simple and efficient, as it should be

Cons

I’ve had errors during specific times of the day when trying to add a break, but this is easily adjusted

Tucker

Boomer: a utile and effective, though understandably invasive employee time-clock app.

As a user this solution is better then just a spreadsheet, time cards, or anything like that. It seems a bit over-engineered, shouldn't cost money (since they probs sell your data anyways), and a bit Orwellian both for the employer and Boomer.

Pros

Boomer is easy to use for the most part. You can either clock time for a completed shift or check in at the start and at the end (and add breaks etc.) You can choose a location (e.g. Home office, Scranton Office, etc.) I like that it still works with location turned off, if the administrator allows that. See Cons below:

Cons

I can't speak as an administrator, but as a user these are my thoughts: Though the administrator can turn off location fencing so that you don't need to allow location-tracking to clock in/out, the app overall feels a bit invasive, and almost Orwellian. One of us has an app that tracks other apps, and reported that Boomer checked or attempted to check their location over a million times in like a week. I also don't like that it's open source, or free. There should be a 100% free, open-source, perhaps even self-hosted solution that maybe isn't quite as feature-full. After all, clocking in and out of work isn't _that_ complicated.

Amanda

It's the perfect time tracker for our company

Track our employees time and location and speeds up process when we run payroll

Pros

Saves our company management so much time! It is very simple to set up each time a new employee starts working for us. Also, the reports make payroll easy!

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about the software. I will say occasionally it takes a few seconds to load the notes section of a shift. And once in a while the map doesn't always show a location for start and end of a shift.

Wuttichai

Industry: Security and Investigations

Great App for Employee and Administrator

Pros

This app lets your employee track times when working in different projects and locations. It's so easy to clock in and out including start and stop break. It also shows how much they make in the period. Administrator can easily edit employee's shifts when they forget to clock in or out.

Cons

You need a smart phone or tablet to be able to use the app. However, it's easily fixed by providing a tablet in the office in case someone doesn't have a smart phone or forget the phone. GPS tracking is pretty accurate but sometimes you have to wait about a minute for the app to pinpoint your location.

Gabriel

I'm an employee and use app daily

Only benefits I received from this application is the daily hourly tracking of time and also it's nice to get weekly hours worked totals.

Pros

Great for tracking time ! Not sure if this application has other features available since there is no how to option, or simple instructions. Would be nice if there such options!

Cons

I can't clock in if I'm too far away from address job site. Very frustrating. Also never were given instructions as to how to use the app. This app is not so user friendly. Either a customer support number should be available or email were we can send customer concerns

Jessica

Super easy to use!

My employees find it easy to use. I find it easy to monitor and manage time keeping.

Pros

JustWorks is a very easy to use, efficient and accurate time tracking system.

Cons

I do not like that I can not update the time until the employee has clocked out for the day (for instance if they forget to clock in and then clock in later- I can not make updates until end of day clock out)

Ben