Justworks Reviews

4.75 / 5 (177) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 12 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Very easy to use, amazing support (even reached out to me when I didn't complete a process I started!), and many aspects are very well thought of."

• "The platform is easy to use and user friendly. The customer service has been absolutely phenomenal! "

• "Inexpensive. Very easy to use. Customer service is great. Great benefit offerings"

• Cons

• "Customer service can sometimes be tough to get in touch with, but overall its been great."

• "The customer service was very bad at first and caused me some big issues but they have slowly improved. They can get better but they have improved"

• "Our only complaint is working with rolling start dates and benefits. However, their team was able to help us find a workaround and work with us on those issues. "

Browse Justworks Reviews

Christopher from Road Warrior Creative, LLC

Good Software, GREAT Benefits for SMB's

Overall, Justworks has been one of the BEST decisions I have made in my capacity as COO of this company. My [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] loves it, my employees love it, it saves me tons of time, and most gratifying of all, we've finally been able to offer affordable, quality health benefits to our team. Justworks is more expensive than some of their competitors, but we all know the old saying: "You get what you pay for."

Pros

Justworks has all the features you'd expect from a digital HR platform / PEO. They make managing employee compensation, benefits, and time off far easier. As the person who oversees the HR functions of our business, the platform has saved me (personally) dozens of hours in just the first six months. For our team, they've only had positive things to say about their experience using the platform. It's easy for them to access the information they need, enroll in benefits, log time, and request PTO. What impresses me even more is that the platform regularly sends out key information, resources, and HR guidance that is tailored to both employees and administrators. They serve as a resource, which is especially important at the time of writing this review (2020 COVID-19 Pandemic).

Cons

My complaints are minimal. Top of my list is I'd like them to have stronger reporting features for financials. While they do maintain great integrations with 3rd party accounting software (Xero, Quickbooks) and I can generate most of the reports I need in those platforms, I would like native support for running a myriad of different types of payroll reports. At the time of this review, it appears to be mostly limited to CSV data exports.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Gusto had good HR management tools and reporting, but lacked competitive benefits offerings. While this may not be an issue for larger companies that have better bargaining power when it comes to insurance, it did not work for our small team. To put it bluntly, the benefits packages on offer were pure garbage.

Julie from TransitScreen, Inc

Justworks - Just do it

Amazing across the board!

Pros

Justworks is so user friendly and simple to setup - the Customer Support and Account Management team is incredible - so friendly, supportive, and timely with their responses! Even if they're stumped about a question or issue happening with our team, they get back to me right away to let me know that they are investigating. In general, it is a great first impression for new hires during the onboarding process - everything they need (benefits, payroll, etc) is all in one place. Such a time saver for us, and has saved us the need to hire a full time person to manage HR Operations.

Cons

Honestly, nothing right now. There are things that the team is still working on building out, but their Product team is super communicative and open to feedback.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Good recommendation from industry, great customer service and initial sales rep experience, price on par with rest of industry, user friendly

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Trinet was more expensive, not at all user friendly, and did not have the information ready to go for our RMA Tax Credit.

Worst PEO ever

They just suck and I suggest you to not to be misled by their sales pitch

Pros

Somewhat easier to use they put too much burden on the company.

Cons

Be aware of them, they don't pay the withheld taxes to IRS; Check their status of PEO on the IRS website Very unfriendly customer service - they act like a bunch of entitled officers

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

to get the benefits from PEO

Daryn from Induro

It Just Works for our employees

We love it. It is inexpensive and provides amazing value to our company as an HR database and for running payroll.

Pros

I really do enjoy how easy it is to navigate everywhere! Honestly, the customer support is out of this world too! Anytime I have a question, I can hop on their Slack channel and get help. Also, the platform is super easy for us to onboard new employees and keep everything up to date for payroll.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about JustWorks in my experience. I could see the lack of in-depth docs being an issue, but when getting answers to questions is as easy as a Slack message it's hard to be upset.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

ADP was too expensive and didn't offer everything we wanted.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Justworks offered better benefits for our small company.

Mike from Eighty2degrees LLC

One of the best decisions we've ever made for our small business!

Justworks helps alleviate all the hassles of dealing with payroll, HR, and compliance that plagued us for so long. We no longer have to worry about the IRS, new employee set up is simple and quick, and their customer service team is always there for us when we need them (and super helpful, too). The company (Justworks) truly cares about our business and making things easier for us in so many ways. When the Covid-19 pandemic hit and all the new laws were passed earlier this year to help us navigate the pandemic, Justworks was always on top of things and make it very easy for us to apply for the PPP loan accurately and quickly. We got that loan and that has made a world of difference for our business this year! Thank you!!!

Pros

The Justworks software is top-notch, very intuitive, and if there are ever any issues with it, their customer service team is always ready to help. I think the thing I like most about their software/platform is that it has eliminated so much paperwork for our business. Everything is digital and very user-friendly. Can't imagine life without it anymore!

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of one thing that I have a problem with. Justworks seems to always be one step ahead of us and that is truly appreciated!

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Justworks seemed to be the easiest to use.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

I wanted a platform/software that would eliminate any chance of me making mistakes that would lead to letters from the IRS. Justworks has done that!

Donna from The Bloom Organization, LLC

Industry: Investment Banking

Very Satisfied Customer...

After the transition from sales to the onboarding process with the implementation, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fantastic and helped me set up the employees and explained all the different parts to the software. She then introduced me to our account manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], which I had the opportunity to meet. Overall, the experience was terrific and wished I knew about Justworks earlier. We indeed are so appreciative and grateful for the assistance from the Justworks Team.

Pros

I love that the Justworks software has everything in one area. You have access to the employees' information, payroll, benefits, PTO policies, invoicing, and compliance items. It is easy, functional, saves a lot of time after the initial setup. There are multiple ways our employees can reach out if someone in our HR department is not available.

Cons

At this time, I do not have any cons. The Justworks team is always keeping our firm updated with news and other information within the platform or via email.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the sales department worked on analyses with a census that our firm sent him. He came up with different options regarding obtaining health insurance and how the software would help our firm. He answered all of our questions and concerns and explained how the onboarding process would go, monthly costs, and was upfront about everything. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very professional throughout the process and listened to what we wanted. He checks in with our firm often to make sure everything is working smoothly.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

We were able to be part of a Professional Employer Organization (PEO). This gave our company access to health insurance with larger group benefit pricing. Health insurance options are limited and extremely expensive when you are a smaller firm. Also, having everything in one area versus working with many software programs made the decision to switch very easy. In addition, our firm saved over $21,000 annually due to purchasing health insurance as a PEO with Justrworks.

Michael from Adelante Shoe Co

The whole enchilada

Justworks has been a blessing from the start. On-boarding was simple and their team provided all of the necessary steps to get up and running quickly. Administration in the platform is simple and our employees far prefer the easy access to payroll and benefit documents over our previous system. Finally the consolidation of all relevant documentation, reminders, and JustWorks attention to education has made this platform a huge time saver for our company.

Pros

The unification of all HR related tasks are a huge plus for a small business. JustWorks is a force multiplier that allows a small business such as ours to provide benefits to our employees in a simple and direct way. There is no need to bounce between multiple platforms, providers, or agents to manage payroll, healthcare, workers comp, etc. Everything is accessible in a simple and intuitive system.

Cons

Navigating benefits can be a bit of a challenge, however the JustWorks team is always there to help guide you and provide the necessary resources.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

JustWorks is an intuitive platform that enables our company to save hours per week on administration while ensuring our employees have the benefits they need, when they need them.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Paycor was klunky, difficult to navigate and had questionable customer service.

AMAZING HR/Payroll/Ben Admin (PEO) system for startups!

Great software, great service, great value!

Pros

I love how easy to use the platform is for both admins & employees! The employee onboarding process takes 5 minutes. AMAZING.

Cons

I wish there was a dashboard view for reports that measured things like headcount, turnover, diversity etc

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Great software, service, benefit plans!

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Access to better benefit plans (we are small startup)

Love JustWorks

Great product and great customer service.

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to manage, and easy for employees to manage their own information. The dashboard is great.

Cons

Missing some minor features like recurring payments, and exporting transactions to excel doesn't break them out which makes accounting more difficult.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Great product, low cost, and hands-on customer service. Can't beat it.

Streamlines life for startups

Positive

Pros

Justworks is easy to use and maintains a high service level, both from customer support and the HR services (which act as an outsourced HR team until we bring it in-house)

Cons

We had some bumps in the road submitting information to state of NY to inform them we were working with a PEO, which led to a few letters that consumed a bit of time but were eventually cleared

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Justworks was able to provide healthcare to our company when we were only 2 FTEs while Gusto requires 4.

Rids from Incrementom Consulting

Justworks is simple, easy to use, perfect price point and their support is just stellar - 7 stars!

The benefits packages offered by them are fantastic - especially for a small business like ours. BTW - I love their team - from the sales person I talked to initially to everyone else. Also every single time - and I mean every single time - I have had to contact them for support on any subject - payroll, PPP, benefits, etc - the agent I communicate with knew everything there was to know about how to help me and got the problems addressed without any fuss. They go over and above to make sure things are taken care of properly. Did I say "I love their team" ?

Pros

The platform is super simple to use, Justworks has thought of all the common things someone managing HR would need to do and made the features available in a logical fashion. The worflows to setup new employees, or setup payments, etc are super intuitive with the right "help" easily accesible right next to the field you might have a question about.

Cons

I haven't thought of anything I have missed in the software. Maybe we are a small organization and don't have complicated scenarios to address.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Actually I was impressed that a single sales person handled everything - including benefits - health insurance, 401K etc. All others (ADP & Paychex) I had to talk to three different people for sales - which was too much work just to understand what they offer and what price. I felt more confident about Justworks' ability to support me longer term based on this interaction. Also, I liked the fact that they demoed the product and showed me how I would manage my payroll etc. ADP, Paychex just said "yes we also have a single platform" but they treated the sales cycle as a traditional "payroll" and benefits provider ... For a SMB with a single person working full time and managing the company - I just didn't want to work with a provider who would create a lot of work for me. Justworks won the assessment hands-down. Their pricing was also very attractive - comparable to others (though I never got to a point where I saw the full pricing with Paychex and ADP).

Scott from PM2 Strategies

Justworks is an excellent PEO for small business

Justworks is a PEO, which stands for Professional Employment Organization. The software is the tool you use to administrate most of your company's activities with the PEO. PEO's come in various business models, but here is the way to think about them: if you are a small business that wants to outsource payroll AND a full set of benefits (health insurance, 401K, dental insurance, workers comp, short term disability, long term disability, paid holidays, paid time off) to your full-time employees), one of your best options is to use a PEO. For payroll, tax and benefit purposes, Justworks becomes the "employer" of your employees. You remain the employer in terms of hire/fire/train/ performance appraisal. You select what benefits you want to offer, and have fairly good flexibility on whether you want the "gold plated" benefits or the "just good enough" benefits or something in between. As the employer, you pay roughly $80 - $99 per month per full time employee for payroll services, plus the cost of the benefits you choose to provide to your employees. As a very small business, using a PEO was by far the best option for me to provide big-company benefits.

Pros

When I shopped about two years ago, Justworks was by far the best AND lowest cost option. Justworks customer support (think of them as your Human Resources department for benefits and payroll) is top notch. We get answers to our questions within a few hours, and have always gotten satisfactory responses to issue. Their payroll service has always been satisfactory, and they allow my company to offer "big company" benefits.

Cons

I really have no complaints about Justworks. When I was shopping for PEOs, I found lots of nightmare reviews of all the other PEOs I found. The large payroll companies also have terrible reviews. I never found a bad review of Justworks, and now I know why. They are a great service provider. The only way I can imagine leaving them is if my company grows so large that it makes sense to have an internal HR and payroll department.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Justworks had no negative reviews, and provided exactly what my company needed at the lowest price we could find.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Wanted a better payroll service and the ability to offer "big company" benefits.

Maggie from Cobblestone Private Travel

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

JustWorks saves us time and keeps our HR organized

We are small and do not need to spend a ton of time/resources on HR right now, but we do have HR needs. JustWorks has been a great way to gently launch into managing payroll and becoming familiar with other benefits we can add in the near future, as we add employees. (Since we only have 2 employees right now and only one is full time, we are not yet eligible for health benefits.) I find the payroll transactions very easy to follow. I do the bookkeeping for the business, as well, but we don't use your automatic Quickbooks feed at this point.

Pros

I love that JustWorks handles all filing and calculations for payroll and also offers benefit options you can add as your company size grows. I find it incredibly easy to use and navigate and, on the few instances where I've had questions, I can often find the info in FAQx. We started using JustWorks last year with 2 employees (one PT, one FT) and can handle payroll very easily + it will be a breeze to add other benefits (health, etc.) as we're eligible. I like that I get notifications about deadlines, as well as updates on relevant state law changes that may affect us. One feature I especially like that I didn't even really consider before we started using the software is that access to templates for creating employee handbooks/policies, etc. Since we're small and growing, these things are important to do, but I don't think we'd tackle them as early in the process if we didn't have solid templates to start with that only required moderate modifications.

Cons

Some of the benefits eligibility is difficult to navigate, but I have a feeling that's more a function of that information being dense, rather than it being unavailable. One thing I've tried to do several times is to download a PDF of our biweekly payroll invoices (our company payroll costs + employer/employee tax breakdown) and that feature is unavailable. I always end up printing it and saving as a PDF, but would much prefer that I could just download a PDF of our broken down bill.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

The salesperson/rep we worked with was extremely helpful and knowledgeable, and Justworks seemed like the right scale for where we were: doing substantial business, but only just beginning to have employees, but also knowing that we'll hire 1-3 more people this calendar year and that we wanted to be prepared to grow.

Chris from Synapse Studios

Justworks does what it says on the tin

The team there is hyper responsive and knows their stuff. Onboarding was phenomenal, considering how complex an operation it is to onboard. They move you seamlessly from sales rep to onboarding rep to ongoing support rep, and you end up with a dedicated rep that knows your business. They handle compliance really well, and their Slack support is fantastic. It's great to have a resource I can tap for questions on compliance or policy, and the ThinkHR integration offers even more resources. My employees love OneMedical, Health Advocate, and Teledoc. Love love. Having a self-service onboarding process is really great and simplifies our onboarding dramatically. Using a PEO helps with having remote employees across the country. Much less to worry about around taxes and compliance there.

Pros

Justworks is a compelling PEO offering that brings a lot of advantages to helping manage a growing company. I'd run payroll myself for 15 years, so moving to a PEO that has my back is nice. Any consideration of moving to a PEO has to come with factoring cost savings around insurance products. Justworks represented a significant cost savings in my first year, but in the second year, our renewals still jumped 10%, which was frustrating. I was hoping we'd be more insulated to those sort of increases. From a payroll platform perspective, Justworks is really nice. It basically offers fully automated payroll, though there are some things that could be improved with how it integrates with time trackers, how it manages PTO requests, and some other nits to pick. They've done a great job of being responsive and adding functionality over the past year, and they're a tech-first company so I'm confident it'll just continue to improve.

Cons

There are a couple of limitations that are vexing, verging on boneheaded: * PTO requests don't show remaining balance for the PTO plan * Unpaid time off is a manual ordeal * There's no mobile app, and the website isn't responsive. Not a huge dealbreaker, since I'm not doing too much payroll from my phone, but still * No expense management or reimbursement scheduling. It's just a manual process. * QBO integration is weak, but I've been promised it'll improve

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

TriNet is eye-wateringly expensive and an old system. Gusto is really compelling and affordable, but they're not a PEO: they don't handle the compliance or shared benefits rates

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

IOP was dated and abandonware. It was manual and didn't handle benefits.

Matt from Valify, Inc.

Fantastic

Justworks i sby far one of the best service providers that I've worked with across any discipline. The software is easy to use, the help is fantastic, and the support options (email, phone, or my favorite: Slack) are top notch. Whenever I have a question, whether about the software or about a specific payroll or benefits question, I hop on Slack and am able to chat with a representative within a couple of minutes. I've found them universally to be knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

Justworks of course isn't just a software package, but the software itself is top notch. It's easy to use, a complete solution, and makes it easy to adminster our entire workforce quickly. If I had to pick the best attribute, it would be management of payroll. Prior to Justworks we had bounced around between a few different payroll providers, and the experience was subpar. With Justworks it's point and click, and I can walk away with confidence knowing that it will be done correctly.

Cons

I would like to see more training offerings built into the platform, for example a general training course for new managers, but I can't think of any other offerings that are lacking.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Justworks had a better reputation and better software, and the pricing was much more attractive.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

We began looking at Justworks as a benefits option (moving from traditional health insurance to a PEO), but we were blown away by the service and software offerings that came with it.

MAria GRAzia from Covey P.C.

Justworks review.

Our reps. have been wonderful., easy tp reach, work hard to get our problems resolved in a short space of time. I have a million questions all the time am they are very patient and helpful. The reporting system needs work, the outside 401k need more integration and Wage works needs to be set up with better integration and more information. IT is impossible getting an answer to a question. Their serve needs to be updated wot link with yours.

Pros

I love the user-friendliness of this software. I love the panels and clarity of the pages, the dashboard and the size of the font and that I can see in the side panels a directory of what I can choose. When I can't find something, I can open these windows and usually find what I am looking for another lead to it. I like the breakdown of all fees and workers comp etc and I love that I can see itemized lists when I check the invoicing, where as ADP had a lump sum, hidden fees and no real list of costs. Justworks seems to be much more transparent

Cons

The 401K reporting is not informative enough to be consistent with my admin needs for our plan outside of Justworks.Generally the 401 Administration is not as user friendly and making changes to payroll and 401 deferrals has proven to be more complex and less user friendly. I was not able to adjust my colleagues 401 after she was placed on Paid Family Leave. ITR was more complicated and assistances was required as there was not a real way to know what was needed in order to set up this alternate payment while PFL was being utilized. Also the Wageworkers benefits system is also not integrated well. IT is a problem on their end. Their service has been really inconsistent, however JW helped us hand their inadequacies.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Justworks had made several attempts to reach me and offer comparative information. They were very friendly not aggressive and did not pester me. I reached out to you regarding a questions about 401K and I found the representative, even though we were not a client at the time, very informative, knowledgeable and she offered me advise and gave suggestions on 2 things. Her suggestions were very helpful and helped us choose a 401 K plan . I asked for pricing 3 times and all 3 times it was given with no judgement or aggressive follow up. I like that relaxed way of being helpful and offering a service without bugging you. So I suggested this option to my boss. H

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

They were very costly, useless and their software did not integrate with my c outer system every though it was online. Reports had to be requested and sent over as they were mot integrated with MAC computer software, there was no transparency and fees were integrated so you could not work out the amount. Their service was spotty, there were always errors and waste of paper with payroll package being sent - ( which was ok and the package had info for 401 K and benefits and taxes ( not much else) however there would be at least 40 pages ion unneccessary paper and delivery charges every 2 weeks.When we asked for just the basic report they said they could not do this.

Liam from Pinnacle 21

The New Age of HR Administration (or lack thereof)

From the educational experience during the sales discovery process to the assistance and round-the-clock availability of our account manager, during onboarding and implementation, I was insanely impressed by the account management capabilities of such a young team. Every JustWorks email is like a small monthly birthday gift where more often than not, they're rolling out a new feature or enhancement, potentially even one you recommended to the Product Team! It's the exact type of engagement you would hope for out of a company focused on propelling the employee experience with a highly adoptable product that will continue to grow into a large presence in this space.

Pros

The ease of implementation and administration and as the title assumes, the lack of need of direct oversight of the process. New hires are able to very quickly and simply understand the navigation of the tool and streamline themselves through 90% of the pre-employment paperwork without need from the admin. Just a simple user interface that allows you to intuitively find anything you need in regard to your daily life as an employee and really person within your organization.

Cons

Just some slight growth areas needed in terms of integrations and partners for them. As a young company, they have a bit to go before they can really offer the capabilities of a company such as ADP but what they offer in replacement of those makes it all worth it.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

It really checked off a good amount of needs that we're currently and foresee facing in the next few years as we scale as a company. At 30 people, it provides a comprehensive service and platform which allows for a hands-off approach to HR and Payroll administration served up with a sexy and intuitive interface. We're approaching a new day in HR software and the freedom of time created simply by the employee onboarding features in JustWorks are enough to create the consideration to move off of these more archaic platforms.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Lack of account support Lack of direct support for the common employee (admin mediation) Cost savings (Salary based % to $ per seat) Unnavigable interface and overabundance of user portals Large portfolio of under/unutilized services and features

Shannon from Clinical Trial Media

So Happy I Made the Switch to JustWorks!

My team and I evaluated several PEO options before ultimately choosing to go with JustWorks. JustWorks was the most cost-effective, with the best benefit offerings for my employees, the most intuitive user interface and allowed me to have the most control of all of my employee's data.

Pros

The tool is extremely user-friendly. I did very limited training for my employees to learn how to use it because of the intuitive user-interface. The Customer Support team is fantastic! I can call up my Account Manager or quickly use the chat feature and I always get a quick and friendly response and a resolution to my question or issue.

Cons

The services may not be as comprehensive as other PEO systems, but my Account Manager is always quick to recommend a tool or service that would be compatible (example: applicant tracking system).

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

For all of the reasons I mentioned above, but especially the overall cost was better as well of the more cost-effective and varied benefits offerings for my employees was a big draw.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

The company was previously supported by ADP TotalSource and was paying for a lot of additional enterprise-level functionality that we did not need as a small business. Their system was not easy for my employees to use, too expensive, and the last benefits renewal was going to be a 50% increase in cost to my employees.

Benjamin from Waterman Ventures Inc.

Perfect PEO Solution

I scouted HRIS and PEOs and landed on JustWorks after some recommendations from other start ups. I am so glad we went with JW and am an evangelist to what they're doing. Easy to use, implement and their support is exactly what we needed. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Pros

Transparency around all pricing and fees, no hidden costs or surprises, ease of sales process, onboarding was seamless and well organized, full support during signing up, onboarding and sustained ops. Customer service 24/7 across multiple channels monitored by humans has been HUGE. The software is easy to use as an admin and user. The HR tools have been very helpful. We had very early unique employee circumstances and JustWorks support helped guide is successfully through these events and added huge value to my employees and the company.

Cons

Software constantly being upgraded - which is great. They take feedback from users and implement quickly. Member benefits being added frequently. No complaints here!

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Pricing transparency, full suite of "big company benefits" for our small company, customer service, ease of onboarding and overall attitude and vibes.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

More robust platform, better customer service, upgraded to PEO for employer of record reasons + health benefits.

Evan from Xperii Corp.

Justworks for a Series A tech startup

We've used Gusto before, which was also good, but found Justworks to be more affordable and useful at the point that we started adding benefits instead of just payroll.

Pros

24/7 live support via Slack is a game changer that I wish every provider would offer. Software itself is very easy to use and setup, benefits are extensive so you can really customize to your team's needs. So much just happens on its own without my involvement which is great.

Cons

Not much functionality around contractors, and can't handle international contractors at all I believe, so we have to use other solutions here. Also no way to schedule recurring reimbursements for benefits that aren't part of the ones they offer already (like if you want to reimburse for a monthly gym membership that isn't ClassPass).

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Founder reviews for Rippling had some nightmare stories.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

When we were adding benefits Justworks was more cost effective and they came recommended by other founders I know.

Allison from Cartwheel

Justworks is a big time saver

Justworks has been a huge time saver for us. Onboarding and terminations are so much easier, payroll essentially runs itself, but perhaps the biggest perk is the great, affordable benefits we now have access to. In the end, even with the JW annual fees, we've saved a lot of money, and provided really great benefits to our employees.

Pros

The ease of onboarding has saved me countless hours.

Cons

I wish the PTO visibility was a bit easier for employees.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Cost savings, mostly. Our sales rep Sanoop at Justworks was also really helpful and made things easy.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

100% because of the cost of health benefits.

Zach from Sycamore Education

Justworks Review

Pros

It is very easy to use. I'd say it is perfect for our company with a size of 30 employees because we don't need all the big features that other PEO's offer.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the software!

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

We chose Justworks over TriNet due to the cost and features in Justworks. TriNet has a lot of features that we wouldn't use and the cost was far greater than Justworks.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Cost of ADP TotalSource was a lot and we didn't need all the features they have to offer.

Meri from Design 27

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy Transistion

Overall my experience with Justworks has been very good. I transitioned from a large PEO that offered a lot more services than I needed and I was not really sure what I was paying at times. I have found Justworks offers everything I need to easily process payroll, including bonuses, and the health insurance program is actually better at least for my family than what I was getting in the past. There have been times when I needed help fixing things I did incorrectly or just special circumstances and the Justworks staff was very happy to help me out.

Pros

The Justworks product is pretty intuitive so makes it easy to use. My company is in the technology industry so I need a product that my staff can quickly tap into when needed but that doesn't require babysitting .

Cons

I don't like that the payroll reports download in a spreadsheet that I personally find less readable than I would like. I would prefer a simple report format that lists each person's' details similar to a check stub and then provides a summary. I am not a trained accountant or bookkeeper so I appreciate things being super simple.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Our rep--was why I picked Justworks. He is a tremendous asset to Justworks!!!!I don't remember now who else I was also considering but it quickly turned into if I was leaving my previous PEO it would be to come to Justworks. I am only disappointed that I could not keep working with him although I completely understand why.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

I prefer the clarity of pricing that Justworks offers and I did not need all of the services that Insperity offered. I only have 11 employees so much of what they offered as added benefits didn't do much for me. I also already have a retirement plan in place for my employees so didn't need their help there, nor was I interested in having my payroll service provider being that involved in my retirement plan.

Irina from Kimberlite Holdings INC

Industry: Investment Banking

Justworks Platform

The breakdown of all fees and taxes is very transparent in the system which allows me to produce accurate reports for the management with minimal effort. Great customer service allows to solve issues and get my questions answered without any wait time.

Pros

The software is very easy to use, the screens are very intuitive and user-friendly. The information presented in a very clean and efficient form, screens are easy to navigate and understand. The platform offers a variety of services from payroll management, payroll compliance, training, HR tools, and benefit coverage at a very competitive price.

Cons

There are some reporting that has not been fully developed yet. It is definitely not a show stopper but a very nice and convent feature to have. Since I am a system administrator and act as a VP of Finance for the company I work for, collecting data for reporting purposes is not readily available and requires massaging data.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

I thought that Justworks software was better and the service was priced better.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

The reason I was looking for a different provider was to find a company with better customer service, more modern system solution and better pricing. Justworks provided a better solution for all those points.

Kara from Blue Sphere Foundation, Inc.

Payroll/Benefit/HR Management Tool Review

From onboarding to continued support this is by far the best system we have ever used.

Pros

I am blown away but the easy to use management for benefits, payroll and HR. The customer services is always quick and effective. I am often blown away with how Justworks follows up with tools for me to use and to make sure I had my questions resolved. I also appreciate that I can take care of my team all in one place.

Cons

I would like a couple more reporting options, and if the admin could switch to staff view so that I could always look at what they are looking at to better assist.

The customer service

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

The ability to take care of Benefits, training, payroll for contractors and employees all in one space.

Robert from The A Group, Inc.

Straightforward Dashboard with Excellent Support

Overall my experience with JustWorks has been a positive one. Their support team are easy to access and answer questions quickly.

Pros

Employee and contractor management solutions are super easy and straightforward. Benefits solution, including the Time Off options, are also easy to use and administer. Employees love the simple dashboard used for accessing review docs, submitting time off requests, and accessing contractor contacts.

Cons

Wish vendors were treated like contractors, with the ability to store documents associated with vendors and add them to company directory.

n/a

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

We need the PEO features including payroll/1099 payments and the power of larger group getting more competitive insurance premiums.

Karen from Carimus

JustWorks is amazing!!!

Our former payroll/benefits system was clunky, extremely manual, hard to use, and the customer serviced wasn't amazing. JustWorks literally has made our lives so much easier.

Pros

- The overall ease of use is just amazing. You can tell it was built by someone that was focused on the user experience! It's easy to use for admins and employees. - Enrolling and viewing benefits is so clear and easy. Again, same theme, easy to understand and easy to use! - Customer service!!! The slack channel is amazing. Everyone I've ever talked to is incredibly helpful and knowledgeable! Our account manager is also incredible. Being able to have your questions answered in minutes vs days is the best thing and it's made our lives so much easier. - The payroll process is so simple it's almost hard to believe. Everything is automated so your payroll people don't have to spend hours redoing the same process every other week. - Onboarding process for new hires is amazing!! It's so easy and makes it a simple process for the new hire and the employer.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with our 401(k) but we use a smaller company for our 401(k) and it's so easy to set it up a manual deduction. Not really a con in my opinion.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

JustWorks customer service, ease of use, benefits and payroll process were all the reasons we chose JustWorks. If you are a small or even large business, JustWorks is the way to go. We are so thrilled with JustWorks and our experience with them has been nothing but amazing. It feels corny being so excited about a payroll/benefits software but it's so easy to use and a seamless process it's hard not to!!!

Brian from Aedit

A Must for growing Start Ups

The platform is an amazing plug in play architecture that allows us to focus on building a business and not spending time on cumbersome administrative processes.

Pros

Ease of use , functionality and the added value of payment services

Cons

Would really like document repository capacity or employee files

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Ease of use, pricing, payment services

Tracking. Reporting and needed a PEO partner

Dan from The Water Project, Inc.

Just choose Justworks

From the sales process all the way through to now 18 months in, every person I have worked with at Justworks has been great, bar none. The sales cycle was thorough and informative, the implementation process was smooth, and customer success/support has been very responsive and helpful.

Pros

The ability to use the large group buying power of a PEO to have a combination of better choice of benefits at a lower cost was really a huge win.

Cons

There really isn't much to not like about Justworks - if anything, maybe having a little more customizability around programs like FSA, HSA, HRA, or other ancillary benefits.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Better benefits, better pricing, better system, better customer support - no brainer.

Jamie from Sircle Media

Justworks is fantastic!

Pros

I love how user friendly the Justworks platform is and the added value that we get through all of the Justworks partnerships. The customer service is phenomenal, and I truly feel like my representative is part of my team.

Cons

I really can't think of something I would change.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Trinet was too expensive for what we were using it for and the interface was not as easy to use or find information.

April from GetUWired, Inc

I never thought I'd love a PEO

I love Justworks. We've used both PayChex and ADP in the past and have had horrible experiences. The switch to Justworks has been amazing. It's made my day-to-day work so much more streamlined and less stressful

Pros

Cons

Reporting could be improved, but I know that this is something they're constantly working on.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

ADP's customer service was awful. The platform was super slow and nearly unusable. And all that horridness came with a premium price tag. Justworks has been better all around.

Juliette from Andbox

Justworks leads the PEO market

If you get a good account manager you are all set. But that's key.

Pros

This is The Most User-Friendly software for my employees to experience

Cons

There are still some features that aren't well thought out, such as tracking and paying hourly employee time, problematic birthday features, and details like that.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

It leads the market on all counts.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Trinet was replete with bugs. Terrible piece of engineering.

Laurie from GraceBlood, LLC

GraceBlood, LLC Review of Justworks

I've worked with ADP, Paychex, Stratex and several smaller payroll applications and JustWorks is the most straight-forward and easy to use.

Pros

There is little to no training required, very self-explanatory if you've done payroll in the past.

Cons

It would be nice to see more ready-made reports.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

It seemed to be the most straight forward and matched our needs.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Desired HR support and easier payroll processing.

Coleen from SSI Strategy

Wonderful tool for our small business.

The set up process was very smooth and the customer support is excellent.

Pros

It is very user friendly. Easy to use, easy to maneuver as an administrator and user.

Cons

Nothing I have found yet......it all works very well.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Had heard some negative feedback from some colleagues with regards to ADP.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Wanted one stop shopping for payroll and benefits with an easy user experience.

Christa from Health System Resources

Incredible Admin and Employee Support

I have found exemplary employees in all aspects of the process (sales, onboarding rep, account rep, HR support, accounting). I feel thankful every day that I have the support and guidance of Justworks to help navigate the complexities of payroll, benefits, and compliance.

Pros

The customer service is unmatched with some of the more well known brands. The website is very intuitive, and easy to use. If you do have a problem, or question, there is no ticket system where it takes forever to get a rep. You have a dedicated, accessible account manager who is your go to, and can also work with the 24/7 support team. Instead of every question going through you as an admin, their support team is very hands on and works with your employees as well.

Cons

There have been a few limitations on the PTO system that I have had to find workarounds to, though I believe this is going to be corrected in the next few months.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

The cost and customer service, along with the ease and intuitiveness of the portal. You don't need a 3 day training course just to start using it.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Ridiculously high platform fees, along with poor support.

Kirsten from Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

Industry: Law Practice

Great people, great value

The people - sales, account managers and help desk folks - are all really great. They are patient with multiple questions and are very responsive. I love the Slack channel!

Pros

All of the features are very user friendly, for both admins and end users.

Cons

There isn't an integration with Quickbooks Desktop so I have to enter the transactions manually. Also, I am not able to customize reports as much as I would like.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Justworks was clearly the best value for the features and services we needed.

Magda from Muka Development Group, LLC

Best Decision We Ever Made

My experience with Justworks has been top notch. I keep getting calls from competitors (ADP) to switch and I keep telling them that I am very happy and don't want to switch.

Pros

Very easy to use and if I don't know how to do something, I get support immediately.

Cons

I cannot think of any part of the Justworks software that I don't like. Maybe the report writing could be better?

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

ADP did not have such a robust program at the time that we were looking.

Hadar from Powerinbox

Best UI, best value for money, can upgrade their customer support

I'm very happy with their platform, services and prices. Chose to renew our subscription for two years in a row. Others can't compete with their great pricing and their platform.

Pros

The information is very accessible, the look and feel is 21st century compares to others I've tried in the past. I can find anything I need about employees, payroll and more within 2 minutes max.

Cons

The customer support can be better. They are very pleasant but are not always on top of things when it comes to different states or open issues. I've had to follow up with our account manager on different issues and once actually insisted on getting a new rep due to a series problem they created for us.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Their offering was the best one. Saved us a lot of money.

Price, product

Jessica from FanHero

I use JustWorks everyday to keep track of all my HR needs. From payroll to 401K and tracking PTO.

Pros

I love the ease of JustWorks platform. We used another PEO before switching to JustWorks and all reporting and features were third party integrations that never worked. JustWorks is a one stop shop and has updated access to anything and everything you may need. Their on-boarding process is detailed and customer focused and they even answered questions from my team about insurance concerns. They walked me through the transition step by step and were available immediately to answer any questions I had. I could go on for days about how much easier JustWorks has made my job!

Cons

Because JustWorks is so new, there are a few reports that they haven't implemented yet. We have a PTO accrual system that rolls over every year but maxes out at 96 hours (this changes based on goals) and JustWorks has no way to track this. Once a day is used, it can be recouped by working another month, encouraging employees to take time off. It's been difficult for me to try and track this and when asked about it, JustWorks said it's not something they have developed yet.

Nick from Jopwell

Overall solid system; some updates needed

Overall, I'm happy with the switch. as I mentioned above, some system enhancements are needed. I think the customer service is largely good - very responsive. However, sometimes I want to talk through an issue with someone so I can better articulate my needs. It's difficult to get someone on the phone.

Pros

The user experience surpassed that of the competitors I looked at

Cons

Some basic functions seem lacking - like the ability to set up recurring off-cycle payments.

Cost, user experience

Cost, user experience

Gini from Kryo

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Justworks is THE BEST!

Love love love Justworks! Their customer service is superb... every single person I’ve dealt with at their company has been professional, knowledgeable and so helpful!

Pros

We love Justworks! After working with a few other PEO’s, we can confidently say that Justworks is the best around! Their software is user friendly and simple and their customer service is top notch!

Cons

The only improvement I’d love is some sorta of notifications for calendar events- ie. Admins or managers get emails prior to a team members birthday, team anniversary, pto.

Best cost for services.

We were unhappy.

Jessica from Tx3 Services

Great product, decent customer service

Sales team was very professional and informative. A few instances where we assumed something that wasn't the case, but they are very open to hearing suggestions and easy to get in touch with. If you need strong HR support, it might not be the best option, it seems that they have very "canned" responses when dealing with HR questions. But the overall system & ease of use is fantastic.

Pros

Very easy to use, great standardized reports

Cons

Nothing. It is very easy to use and great support.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

ADP was costly and customer service was terrible and the actual software was old/outdated.

Alisha from Emerge America

Industry: Political Organization

JustWorks has been a lifesaver for our rapidly growing organization!

They have been an incredible partner. Great customer service and tools that help their clients reach new heights.

Pros

We love the easy functionality of the website. The time tracking and time off features have been great in implementing consistent policies. We employ people in multiple states so the work they do to manage the unemployment accounts in each state’s has really been the backbone that has allowed our rapid growth.

Cons

No real complaints. I wish there was an app to use on my phone but understand the security concerns with that. I also wish is auto generated PTO balances and paid employees out automatically when they are terminated in the system.

Justworks Is Amazing

Pros

What I truly like is the clarity on what we are being charged. I also enjoy how easy it is to use.

Cons

The only thing I don’t like is it doesn’t have time tracking abilities for hourly employees. We have to use an outside tracking software.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

ADP was super unclear on what we were being charged and it was hard to use

Rachael from Pedago, LLC

Worth its weight in gold!

We switched to Justworks from a traditional payroll provider and have loved the experience. Justworks makes it easy to onboard employees all over the US and has exceptional customer service to help with any and all compliance and payroll questions. I get sales calls all the time from other PEOs and ignore every single one; we have no reason to leave and we're so glad we've made the switch!

Pros

Easy to use, the account reps are extremely quick to reply and helpful. There's always a real human a click of a button or a phone call away to answer questions. They've simplified our operations and made it much easier to manage a widely distributed remote team.

Cons

I'd love for the search function to be a little stronger—we have a ton of vendors and there's no way to search for them currently. It would also be great if this software had an org chart builder!

Perfect PEO for a small nonproft

It's a huge time-saver, and enables us to offer more benefits than otherwise possible.

Pros

It has enabled us to offer so many more benefits than previously, at a price that is much more reasonable than any previously existing PEO. It's great that it is all on a single platform, and the customer support has been very responsive.

Cons

The integration with QuickBooks online is not amazing. They need to continue to update the site for better usability, especially their reporting section. I would like more offerings and features.

Pricing and features.

Anna Ruth from ARPR

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Switched from Trinet, and never looking back

Overall, it's benefitted employee engagement, increased efficiency and decreased costs. Basically, Justworks does what every HR software vendor claims to do, but very very few ever achieve.

Pros

The software UI/UX is lightyears ahead of stodgy, archaic software like Trinet. It's also modern and sleek, which makes my employees just feel good and more confident in using the system. It's so much easier to navigate and offers valuable, yet simple, features that amazingly - clunky systems like Trinet can't manage to code into their dashboards. For example, Justworks lets us direct deposit pay to contractors via the software (with Trinet we had to use a separate processing system like PayPal to pay contractors). It also includes a cool company calendar that employees can login to view upcoming holidays, paydays, etc. Finally, it makes requesting PTO seamless and actually fun for the end user. On top of it all - Justworks offers us cheaper insurance plans (which benefit's my team's pocket books) and is a fraction of the overall monthly fee.

Cons

It's really hard for me to find a con. The only one I can say is that they don't offer white-glove, concierge services to answer more "complex" HR questions. I've heard Justworks might be adding a professional services team to resolve this.

Kristin from Clarke Consulting

Great savings and ease of use

Very good service and great features

Pros

Justworks has saved us a lot of money on payroll administration, group health insurance and other benefits. Their platform is so easy to use and has saved me countless hours in benefits enrollment and administration. Love this PEO!

Cons

would like more customization for historical payroll reports, but it’s not a dealbreaker

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Wanted overall savings and additional benefits offered by a PEO

Nicky from The Adventure Project

Amazing support and knowledge

Honestly, Justworks saves us so much time with benefits and payroll overall. If there are compliance questions, we can go to their portal or ping their customer team.

Pros

Justworks is incredibly easy to use and manage payroll and benefits. They are constantly evolving and rolling out more benefits to their customers. In addition, their customer support is some of the best I've experienced. They always work with you to find a solution

Pricing and benefits

Sirius from Highfield Gardner LLC

Justworks has been lifesaving

Overall Experience has been great. Very easy program to use and to teach. We've had two account managers so far and they both have been AMAZING.

Pros

As both and admin and a user, the software's interface and functionality is very easy to use.

Cons

Invoices are not able to be converted to a pdf. That is something I'd like to see them improve.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

ADP felt too overwhelming. This program suits our needs and the customer service is what stands out most.