• Pros

• "It is super easy to navigate and saves me so much time."

• "Its very easy to use and it saves all your information from day to day."

• "I love that my information is all in one place, and my accountant loves it too! It makes it so easy to do my bookwork and keep everything organized all year!"

• Cons

• "Nothing really sometimes it freezes. But overall it’s awesome. "

• "It does take a little while for all software to load, but other wise it's a great program. "

• "Sometimes the website may be down or have a glitch, but this is always been resolved quickly. "

Browse KidKare Reviews

Cheryl from Noah's Ark Family Child Care

Love being able to record my childcare meals online

I love my experience as far as my child care business goes. I have not used the accounting software but I am considering signing up for that. As I stated, the customer service side is the only downfall so far. I haven't had to use the customer service for a while so I hope it has improved.

Pros

I love the ease and availability on different devices to record my meals and attendance.

Cons

Customer service is very slow when you do need help...it takes days and sometimes weeks to get no answer most times. Very frustrating to say the least.

Isah from FUTA

Love having an option for me to record my childcare suppers on the web

By and large: I love my experience the extent that my youngster care business goes. I have not utilized the bookkeeping programming yet I am thinking about pursuing that. As I expressed, the client support side is the main destruction up until this point. I haven't needed to utilize the client support for some time so I expectation it has improved.

Pros

I love the simplicity and accessibility on various gadgets to record my dinners and participation.

Cons

Customer administration is exceptionally moderate when you do require help...it takes days and once in a while weeks to find no solution most occasions. Extremely baffling no doubt.

Melissa from Melissa Huber Family Child Care Home

Disappointing, abysmal performance

electronic reporting to CACFP

Pros

Web based application you can access from any device, simple data entry Nothing else to say good about this product, however, there aren't enough characters in the con category

Cons

Providers were forced to switch to this new program no later than October 2017. Once switched you quickly find that multiple features we had access to in Minute Menu were no longer available. On top of that, not all the reports work correctly, payments are not processing on time, not all invoices generate appropriately, parents have been double invoiced, parents were sent invoices from providers in other states with other children's names, child care rate, the providers name, address, and EIN number. There's also been instances of data being dropped out of the program that had been previously saved by the provider. The customer service is best described as non existent. It may take MONTHS for them to respond to a help ticket, that is if they respond at all. You will also find that your help tickets will get "closed" with zero communication and without the issue being resolved. We have been assured that the issues would get better, but in fact, the issues seem to be coming more and more regularly. This company absolutely does not provide what they promised or what we are paying for. IF you choose to use this program you will find yourself spending extra time re-entering information you've already input, calming parents down about double bills, and most likely experience getting your money late on a regular basis. There are other programs out there, I would suggest you find them because you will find nothing but frustration with KidKare.

Georgina from Giorgi's Child Care

Comprehensive and Simple

Great experience. I find myself digging deeper to see if I can find additional helpful features.

Pros

The menu planning is great and has all of the options needed. Even someone who lacks food planning knowledge can find this software appealing.

Cons

Not having the option to print all reports in color if desired. Have the ability for color in the reports allows for distinguishing different categories of information.

Holly from Destiny Daycare

Holly's review

I'm able to see reports on how many meals i served and which meals are more attended. This software helps for records for tax purposes as well.

Pros

I like the ability to copy days from previous menus as well as build my own library of menus to choose from. Also the pre planned menus are very good when your're short on time

Cons

I don't like that the use scheduled times key was removed. It made it easier to adjust those times if necessary but now every day manually put in all the times which could and usually are the same every day.

Arlen from Porterville Schools

KidKare has a great interface and worked great overall!

I would highly recommend KidKare to anyone needing to meal plan for students.

Pros

As a user, the interface is so simple and makes each section readily available for use. I really enjoy the colors in the software as well.

Cons

Reviewing information can be confusing at times due to the fact that some of that information isn't updated.

Vickie from VLC - Vickie's Learning Ctr

Great software!

I love this software, have used it and the previous one that it took over, Minute Menu.

Pros

I love how it tracks my expenses and the reports it generates, even birthday lists!

Cons

I would love to have an area for notes to update info on children as needed such as injuries, benchmarks for them, or NSF checks.

Victoria from Wendy's

KidKare

I'm not having any problem with kidkare. It's the product differences.

Pros

I love being a mom. This product is helpful because the service offers incentives on being better at kids.

Cons

I don't dislike much about the product. It's easier to read and know then too play and forget, understand.

Margarita from Margo’s daycare

Industry: Fishery

Love the software

Overall I like it just need to improve their customer support

Pros

Accounting features is very useful easy to understand

Cons

Customer support not easy to access or to get a response quickly need to wait a day or 2 to response

Jared from Brigham Young University

Awesome tool for childcare companies!

I love the tool, and really feel that it is a great way to manage my childcare company

Pros

So many features: billing, check-in/out, daily reports, family records, menu planning, and so much more

Cons

Maybe implement a way to blast texts to parents?

Sandra from Davis Family Daycare

Glad I FINALLY changed over from paper to computer

This program is a time saver. I do not like change. I am a long time participant of the food program. For many years I have been doing it on the forms. Once this computer program came out, I still did not want to make the change. Every time I would get a visit from the Food Program the ladies would ask me if I was sure I did not want to change, they thought I would really like it. For a few years I still used the paper forms and finally I decided I would try the computer software and if I didn't like it I could always go back to my old way. Oh my goodness. I absolutely loved it. Why did I not do it sooner..Duh It just made the whole process of doing the Food Program so much easier and less time consuming. I though it was great. There is always room for improvement. Who knows maybe the cons I listed above will one day be Incorporated into this software making it the "Perfect" program.

Pros

Very easy to learn. If certain things on the page are not right you can't go on. Once you get the hang of it. The whole process of doing your daily work is a breeze. Only taking a few minuets of your time each day.

Cons

I think the thing I like least is that it doesn't tell you more of what you are doing wrong. Example: If you accidentally marked too many kids for that certain day, or if you didn't mark that you didn't feed a whole wheat bread for that particular day although you always do but may have miss marked it , if a child is marked down but is not usually there on that certain day. I think that if it would tell us these things there would be less mistakes on the error and summary reports. Overall its a great program

Kidkare review from Karlyn's Little Blessings

Overall I love the website and everything it offers i just wish there were a few improvements to make it faster to log everything for the day and create menus.

Pros

i love how easy it is to use and navigate through the website for the most part. I use quick books for my payroll but it is extremely complicated to create invoices and log everyday expenses for my business and that is why I have chosen to continue to use kidkare.

Cons

I would say that there are a few things that are little complicated and not very user friendly, like creating a custom menu to use every month, it takes entirely way to long to create, and trying to figure out how to reuse a menu every month is a little complicated as well. it seems like every time i try to re use a menu for the next month it always skips days and i have to go in and fill in the blanks. I also wish that there was a way to automatically check every child in for a meal that way i am not having to click on each individual child and then if there is one child that was not there for that meal i could just unclick their name. When trying to send in a report for the month it can take all day to even send it in because the website seems to shut down.

KidKare Software Review

Customer service in fantastic. I was originally running a state certified daycare and utilizing KidKare with the CACFP food program and then decided to start doing daycare from home and run it as an unregulated daycare. When I closed my daycare in town and quit the CACFP program, my sponsor automatically withdrew me from the program but I was still being charged for it each month even though I was not able to log in and use the program. I contacted customer service and asked if they could get me back into that account or credit the money that had been auto-paid out of my bank account to the new KidKare account that I had created when I started doing daycare at home. They weren't able to reconnect me to the original account, but added credit to the new one that I had created, no questions asked. They've been very helpful with anything else that I have contacted them with as well.

Pros

I like that everything is in one place. I can track pick-up and drop-off times, keep track of my daycare finances, plan meals, etc. all in one place. I don't need a hundred different apps/programs to run my daycare business.

Cons

I really wish that the Check-In/Out times would transfer directly over for each child when you pull up their name to create invoices at the end of the week. It would make creating invoices A LOT quicker! And maybe there is a way to do this and I just haven't figured it out yet!

Renita from Angel's Arena Child Care, LLC

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Didn't want to make the change.

With KidKare I am able to produce menu's, accounting reports, financial reports, parents statements, and the best thing yet detail reports for my tax consultant which I use to do on Excel. I know I am very pleased using the system. I can even use the system on my cell while taking a break during a meeting away from my facility - convenience is everything!

Pros

When I switched from Minute Menu I was terrified that this new system would be a nightmare to use, learn, and manipulate to fit my program. Little did I know after using the software that I would love it even more than Minute Menu. Yes there were some glitches in the beginning, but customer service was dead on it and cleared problems asap. Once I learned how to operate the system I was out training other providers that were as terrified as I was.

Cons

When printing a menu I have too much wasted white space even after clicking on the arrow to hide the drop-down questions of which report to print. I do miss under the child's information Minute Menu would show the years and months age

Wanda from Sunshine Kids Daycare

Sunshine Kids

Just dislike when we can't enter at time of service because KidKare may be down. Seems to do it alot towards end of month or fisrt 3-5 of month....

Pros

Love the fact I can add the kids photo. I like that infants are separated- very confusing when on MM... But alot of the infant under 12mos eat same solid food as other kids., would be nice if copied foods from older children and we choose to delete what they didn't eat, and change as needed....

Cons

Can't easily access the children's ages. We use this alot for if they are on Voucher program. It ask for year and the months of the children. It use to be in the kids information area when it was MM.... alot of the infant under 12mos eat same solid food as other kids., would be nice if copied foods from older children showed up and we choose to delete what they didn't eat, and change as needed.... since I puree my food for the younger kids.

Tamara from Feels like Home Family Child Care

KidKare

Very good product and company. I’m not sure the recent pay increase was warranted though. Nothing new so not sure why the price went up. Our county agency mentioned this at a meeting.

Pros

I love the ease of use after you use it for a bit. You do have remember the exact name of the forms you need to print etc... overall very basic and easy to learn. Lots of video to explain as well. Customer service has grown greatly. I think their customer grew so rapidly they got overwhelmed in the beginning. Doing great now.

Cons

I wish their was a better defined drop drown list for files you need to copy each month for your own records. I’m still clicking around finding the forms. It’s prob just me but it can take a minute.

Reasons for Switching to KidKare

Our county agency asked me to try it and decide if other family child care providers would find it beneficial.

Debra from Ms. Debra's Preschool/Tadpoles Academy

KidKare Saves Time

I have used it for sometime, 3 yrs I think or longer. I don't know what I would do without it. I am not the most organized person and this program makes it so easy.

Pros

It is easy to use and very helpful. I love that I put in my receipts and file them away. When tax time comes I just hit print on the forms I need and hand them to my tax guy and he does the rest. Stress-free.

Cons

I am not a huge fan of the parent pay portion. I send the invoice and it takes a full 7 days to post to my account. I would think with technology today that they could move this along much quicker. I only have one family that uses this feature because I don't pro-actively offer it due to the time it takes to post. It works great and is really nice to have and if it posted in 2-3 days I would probably request most if not all my parents to use this service.

JUDY from Education Management

Helpful Additions

I have not utilized the program to its entirity. It provides so many options to assist with the effieciency of the program and paperwork, taxes, record keeping. I would like an in service or training on the options concerning tax record keeping, money and space, and daily record keeping. Management skills would be so much better if I made use of these management tools.

Pros

The software is easy to work through as information is added or deleted to a child's profile, The software allows easy access to profiles, meal status, claim reviews and updates, The message board and file is very helpful to review old and new information, and The reminders as post are made is very helpful for meal entries.

Cons

Concern: It may be the user; however, I have not been able to send messages via the software to the provider .

Tammie from God's Pure At Heart Daycare

Quick and easy

My experience has been pretty good considering that I used a similar software in Chicago when I was doing childcare. The only issue I have is not the software but the reimbursement, providers should received their reimbursements direct deposit and that would make it over all the best. In Chicago we received reimbursements direct deposit so there were no worries.

Pros

I love the idea of printing parent sign in/sign out sheets, the software is quick and easy when putting in meals. I love the feature if you want to plan meals ahead of time that it's possible and the software automatically puts the menu in when that day comes, I also like the feature that you can use for tax preparation. It is so easy to use especially a childcare provider with a busy schedule throughout the day. It is the best software out here. I love it.

Cons

I have no complaints. The only thing about the program that I am not excited about would be that we don't receive direct deposit.

Natalie from Natalie's Nugget Nest

Couldn't run my business without it!

My overall experience with KidKare has been positive. I have been using Minute Menu/KidKare since 2013 when I opened my daycare and I couldn't imagine doing everything without it.

Pros

I use every part of this software except the food program because I do not provide food for my daycare. The check in and check out part is perfect for my everyday needs, auto generating invoices weekly is the best and takes a lot of work off my plate and keeping track of my expenses and mileage throughout the year makes my tax season that much easier.

Cons

I would like to see the software be made into an app as I use my smart phone to do daily check in and check outs. I have to continuously sign into the webpage as it kicks me out after a certain amount of time.

Katherine from Toddlers University

Industry: Food Production

Dragging and Kicking

There has been some problems but to be honest, they have been due to my inexperience of doing online reporting . I feel like a pro now and have not had many problems since.

Pros

I refused to go online to do my reporting. I like a pen in my hand and a page to write on. Boy was I wrong. Once I was forced to join and ask myself "what took you so long to wise up." Reporting online is the best.

Cons

The time line constraints. Life happens. I usually report at the end of my day. One day towards the end of my day my father was taken to emergency with a small stroke, I called my backup, licensed helper and rushed down to the hospital. I got back home in the early hours of the next day. There has been a few similar situations that have come up and I was not able to report my day. I feel that there should be some arrangement where you could be given a grace period, for instance five times a year.

Rayna from Tiny Footsteps Care & Learning Center, LLC

I have been using KidKare as MMK then KK. It helps up keep track of everything pretty well.

Pros

Web based! Love that I can access it from my phone or tablet. I like that my teachers can login and complete attendance.

Cons

I hate the look of the invoices. The web address at the bottom confuses my clients, they try to login to it. I also don't like the look of the new invoices, they are small and crammed up into the top 2/3 of the page. I miss having a report to print for birthdays, emergency contacts, etc. I would also like to see a printable weekly attendance schedule. We fill in the hours the child is in care in their general info, the software should be able to print out a daily or weekly roster with those hours filled in. It helps to plan coverage since we are a ratio driven program.

Marlene from Little Tike Roundup

I have been extremely satisfied, minus all the small details! Thank you for all you do for us who provide for the young and old alike. God Bless and Happy New Year

Pros

When I started doing the food program online for my daycare, I was only able to do it on a computer and now that KidKare has taken over, it has made it possible to be able to still program all my meals but yet I can do it on the couch in the same room as the children as they sleep!! This was the biggest improvement to me since I was always stuck upstairs in my room while my family was spending time together. Customer support is amazing and the monitors that represent this area ( Wyoming) are phenomenal!

Cons

The big thing in the beginning from switching from webkids to this was that there was a button to select all kids instead of pressing each one. This made it difficult for me since I have a large number of kids most days, then I would depress the ones that weren't there for that day. Made it so much easier. Now, there is the sign in time for each child which takes extra time to do instead of just clicking on the child. I do everything at the end of the month all at once so having to do that is just another annoying step for me

Candice from Mes Enfants Learning Family Childcare

Love this program

My overall experience I love KidKare and I intend to keep using this system!

Pros

What I love most about this program is that i can keep track of all my business expenses. It’s makes filing my taxes so easy. It separates the expenses in the areas they need to be for doing taxes and it tallies up the total for you. I also love that I can make my menus on there and save them for future months.

Cons

My only con is I am unable to use it for my clients to sign in and out without them altering their times. So therefore I use a different system for that. Along with not being able to have a live feed for the parents to see how the children’s day are going.

DeAnna from DeAnnas Daycare

Your own personal accountant

Recording your meals and attendance couldn't be any easier. You can use your smart phone or computer to record your menus and attendance. Once I found out about the scheduled menus where you can save your frequently used meals, it became even easier. I like that at the end of each month, I can enter all my receipts, hours, and mileage. You can even do it weekly and save yourself HOURS, DAYS, WEEKS of preparing for taxes at the end of the year! I wish I would have signed up earlier and I could have saved myself all that time preparing. This makes it so much less scary when doing your own record keeping.

Pros

I like the ability to record all aspects of my business. Recording your meals served, kids attendance, and business expenses all in one software. It's very easy to keep organized, which for a lot of us is difficult since we don't have a lot of time to spend on ourselves when caring for the children.

Cons

I don't like that the software doesn't send notifications or reminders. Being a daycare provider, we are busy and having the ability to have the software send a reminder that you haven't logged in recently would be so helpful.

Kelly from Wiggles 'n Giggles Childcare

Great software!

It just makes keeping up with the report easier. I also wish it had just a spreadsheet to fill in parent's payments with a running total. I don't want invoices, etc.

Pros

I love the ease of completing the forms.

Cons

The only thing that I wish it did, which it says it does but it doesn't, is the ability to print the children's in/out times to compare with the food attendance report before submitting it. It has a print button but doesn't print anything. I also wish there was a report to check the child's meals versus the in/out time. I do the verify the in/out times but every once in a while I get an error on my claim report that says "child not present for meal."

Margaret from Margie's Merry Munchkins

A-1 child care home accounting program

Great.

Pros

I like the ease of entering my expenses as well as all of my income. At the end of the year, I simply print the various reports for my tax man. I also print professional W-10s for the parents showing the income which they paid me.The computer program does the various calculations for me! This saves me time and effort, and hopefully money when it comes to our taxes.

Cons

There is a learning curve to best utilizing the program. Most is intuitive, but some is not. I did have a problem with the program entering AM when I was entering PM for a departure time. Hopefully we have that resolved now.

Lindsay from Lindsays Little Tykes

So Glad I have KidKare

I have liked using it and will continue to do so. Is way more helpful to me come tax time then doing all by hand. This only is why I will continue, but all the extra things like parent invoices and meals is also a reason I will stay.

Pros

I like that I can add in all my expenses and just have it printed for taxes. I also like that I can bill my parents online, they like to set up online and this helps! Keeping my meals squared away with my food program also is a big thing.

Cons

I don't like that between the expense and taxes I have to figure out numbers. Wish there was a way to get both time space and 100% prices. Just depends on the tax software I use that year. Wish there was some way parents could hit sign in and out each day rather than me. But this is not that big a deal.

Sheila from One Acre Woods Childcare

KidKare

It is very easy to keep track of all meals served. It is helpful in keeping a count of days that kids come and the meals they are served. The reports allow you to see a child's attendance at a single glance.

Pros

It is not a cluttered program. Not too many items on each window. Easy to see what you are looking for. Very easy to put in meals and attendance.

Cons

You have to use military time for PM or put pm after each entry. Ok as I know military time. Not so good for others. Also in the infant menu you have to click twice to put in food name or number. In the non infant portion, the pointer goes straight to the line to put in food name/number. It is not possible to go straight back and forth between meals served and child's in/out time. This would be nice to check to see if you put a child in or forgot. Not too big a deal but you do have to go out to a different window and then back again to the previous page you were using

Peggy from Peggy Carlton/little friends day care

kidKare for home daycare

keeps reports on time. Easy access to kids records Easy select and click on foods, just love the drop down food list provided.

Pros

reminders that it has makes it so fail proof. if I have a question the help section has always helped me find an answer quickly. best feature a tap of the button and your monthly report is at your sponsors no more papers, postage worries and wondering if it made it there in time for payment.

Cons

still looking for that one. really only thing i could suggest is a notification if a child's enrollment is about to expire so we would be sure to get renewals in on time,

Jennifer from J.J. Family Day Care

Kids menu easy option!

It’s a saving time for me because I plan ahead my menus, saved and I just have to include who is present or no! It is a great tool to have.

Pros

I love that it is very convenient to use and you can use anytime and anywhere! It is a better option for providers to do their menu with more time ahead and we don’t have to deal with papers no more !

Cons

There are few things that I like them to improve. First how you can go back and edit on the menus assistants in children, and how to add the numbers on each child.

Reasons for Switching to KidKare

Much organize and easy to have and use

sharon from Mrs. Sharon Family Childcare

great program

saves time, I can go back and review. Receive updates current. Great Great. If their is something I don't understand, our rep is great.

Pros

the best and easy program for daily use. I am not the smartest computer person, I have no problems using the site. And it is free. Daily meals are entered and my end of the month is submitted with a blink. I don't have the best hand writing, I know the people on the end that would have to read my hand print is happy also. Thank you so much.

Cons

sometimes the site is slow. Nothing I can say Least about the software.

Verlynn from Verlynn's Day Care

Food Ease

This program has saved me time from the old bubble sheets and also the time and cost of snail mailing everything into the sponsors.

Pros

It is easy to use. If you are missing a component on a page it won't let you save and continue until you figure it out. You can also do reports and correct any errors before it is sent to your sponsor. It also helps identify foods you should/should not be serving. Also, aids in serving sizes.

Cons

Sometimes when you hit a name or number the program jumps the screen causing you to have to scroll more than necessary.

Sharon from Quality Care for Children

15 years of change for the better

On the business side of KidKare, we experience less calls on how the software works and it has eased the process for the providers for day to day entry. They like being able to add pics of the daycare children to the enrollments. That is a nice feature.

Pros

That we now have the Sponsor view mode which limits keystrokes and saves time when assisting providers with navigation around the screens. A lot of providers just like for someone to talk them through the steps.

Cons

Not that I dislike it but i think the screens could use a little more color.

Terri from Kid'n'Kaboodle

KidKare Pros and Cons

All my business expenses are kept at my fingertips and it makes getting ready for tax time a breeeze.

Pros

Ease of use for keeping up with menus and meals. I have several menus saved and it is very quick and easy to call them up and make my weekly plans. I also love the fact that I can use the app on my phone and can do it from there as well.

Cons

The invoicing section was very nonfunctional the last time I tried to use it. Kept sending out duplicate invoices or none at all. that was awhile ago, I just have not gotten the courage to try it again.

Dawn from childcare daycare

Days and minutes count

I am streamlining paperwork. I need as much time as possible w children. Anyway to streamline paperwork is advantageous. Support people are top notch..Know their product and are educational don;t seem like they are policing my business. Wish parents were educated more.

Pros

i can do on smart phone. it has pretty much all i need for my day. wish it had a list of credible w/g brands on this site. pain to go looking for in paperwork.

Cons

Only bad I can say is wish it I was more computer literate, seems so easy when I know the system. Not so easy when first attempting programs.

Angela from Bonnets and Bears Child Care

Overall, I like it.

I like the bookkeeping features, and the ability to key in receipts. I wish it had the ability to set reminders to click in meals at the end of the day, and reminders to add receipts for any money spent that day. Sometimes it would be helpful to have a reminder to set up the invoices on Fridays.

Pros

I like the diversity of this program. I have several families that split payments between mom and dad, and this program allows for that, as well as billing DCS for the foster kids I sometimes take care of. I like the ability to make different menus for each infant.

Cons

I had some problems with double counting on payments, when using the "apply credit" feature. After getting it sorted out, I haven't had any more problems with the software. I also have a problem keeping up on my books, so entering past months receipts can be a bit cumbersome, but it is able to be done.

Rose from Home child care

Feelings

it has been breeze for keep records on children and food program

Pros

It has been so easy to use! The only thing that has been a challenge for me is posting the food of the plan menu for the week. I will have a day almost posted and hit to stroll down and I end up deleting what I have done. It would be so helpful if you had to hit to DELETE to delete your work!

Cons

using the month menu planning form I have to much to do to sit here and write you fourty work it is simpl I like or I do not

Julie from Kidz Kare Childcare

Someone is making money hand over fist with this software and problems are still not being fixed.

Pros

I like that it is a web-based program so it is accessible from any device when it is working correctly.

Cons

Accounting stuff never migrated over from Minute Menu when I was told it would. I don't trust that the program is adding up all my reports correctly so there fore I have to put extra time in entering it all into a program that is trust worthy. I have never been so scared to print reports for taxes as I am this year and I have been in the business for 15 plus years. When you do run reports it is 30 pages long when in Minute Menu it was at least half that. Consistently bumping me out and making me log back in every time I leave it sit idle for a little bit. Can not enter 2017 invoices or expenses after December 31, 2017. It will not let you change the date to a date in the previous year. Print button for reports is not available in all web browser. When you do get a report to print it prints a message on the top of the report about some kind of discrimination-which does not pertain to any report in KK. The program assumes when a child turns 5 years old that they are in school, which indeed they are not. So then we get disallowed meals because we claim them for all meals during the day. If you don't go back into child information and change it you are not being paid correctly from your food program. Never had to double check all of this stuff in Minute Menu. Can't run emergency numbers/pickup reports to have sitting by our phone like you could in Minute Menu. You get a spinning wheel many times when trying to enter things. No choice but to log out and come back in w/ problems

Jason from Community Connection for Child Care

Simplify CACFP participation

The organization the program provides is unparalleled. Introducing the program to new participants is quite easy. Every individual who was hesitant about converting to KidKare are always so pleased they did and wished they had switched earlier. The Help desk is fantastic if issues do arrise

Pros

The ease of use. The program prompts if you forget a step. Collects all pertinate information for CACFP participation.

Cons

Over the past year there were a few days of technical issue all seems to be working properly again and we are happily moving along

sharon from Owl's Nest Daycare

Efficient and Easy to use

It has been a great thing to be able to get a check each month to offset the food costs involved in a home childcare setting. I feel I can afford to purchase higher quality foods knowing that I have the extra money to cover the cost.

Pros

I like the ease of navigating the KidKare site. I really like to be able to view and run several of the reports available and print some of them off for ease of record keeping. Kudos to the software writers of KidKare!

Cons

I really can't think of anything I do not like about this software.

Pennie from Pennie Graham

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

KidKare

It is way better than the paper menus. I have had some items not save in the menu. When I have tried to contact help/customer service, the response is absolutely terrible or nonexistent. But overall, I am satisfied with its function.

Pros

fairly user friendly, the software has improved continually.

Cons

the save reminder button is annoying. It appears when you have not entered anything. And sometimes (rarely)it does not save what you entered. The whole grain tab is not good. It should just be included in the drop down food.

Nicole from Child Care

Very friendly front Staff of KidKare and sponsor.

I notice several benefits, for instance the business account subscription. One day I plant to look into that benefit to use in my program.

Pros

The software is beneficial for providers to easily document menus and attendance. The copy paste feature makes it helpful to complete schedule menus.

Cons

What I like least about the software sometimes it is to time consuming. Brainstorm some different ways to make time shorter when it comes editing, adding meals, and clicking each child attendance.

Nancy from Creative Child Daycare

Good program but needs invoice change

Pros

Easy to use, convenient, stores all kids that have been enrolled, report features are nice.

Cons

The main one for me in the invoicing. I do not send invoices to my parents or have any need to. I would love to have the option of just recording the payments. I hate creating invoices only to record a payment and the feature of reoccurring invoices is great if you receive the same amount from a parent every month which I don't

Nancy from Nancy's Day Care

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Saves time

Excellent! Saves, time, money, and paperwork.

Pros

I save a lot of time being able to use my phone, laptop, or tablet to enter meals and other day care information on KidKare. It is user friendly. At the end of the month and it is time to turn in menus KidKare makes it so easy to do. Saves time and paperwork. I definitely recommend KidKare to other providers at our meetings. I would recommend providers to at least try it and see for themselves.

Cons

Sometimes the internet is out and you can not use, but that rarely happens. All you have to do is write down and then enter it later.

Mei from Patch Hawaii

Making my work so easy

The staff always answer my questions and help me resolve whatever issues I have. As busy as they are, they take the ccx time to return my calls and emails in a timely manner. I truly appreciate what the staff have done for me and my organization MAKING MY WORK SO EASY.

Pros

Software is easy to use. The best part is the supportive and friendly staff. They are so helpful.

Cons

None. I like this software alot. If there are issues, the wonderful staff helps me resolve them.

Elizabeth from Little Lizzy's Daycare

Industry: Facilities Services

Great site.

Overall is it a great site, you just need to bring some things up to date. Other than that is a easy to use site.

Pros

I would say pros would be easy to use. I do think it needs some more work, but over all its easy to use.

Cons

You have to switch to another page to see how many times you selected a child for a meal. Or inputting the check in and check out times. You must go back and put AM or PM. Also I don't like the time out per day. Some days are so busy by the time I go entered my computer is either dead or the page just keeps loading and it takes up a lot of time especially when I am tried and just ready for bed.

Dana from Dana's Daycare

Taxes

I'm hoping that I will have some ease with taxes this year thanks to the program. If all turns out as expected, I will be helping fellow providers to use the program.

Pros

The ease of preparing for taxes has been amazing!

Cons

I dislike the colors on so many levels. The light blue is difficult to see even when the brightness on my lap top is 100%. Also, there's been several questions asked and the answers that came back were not helpful. I had to google answers. I should also have the option to leave as long of a comment on a bill/statement as I need to. I have to scroll to the bottom comments area to leave a lengthy comment.

Hattie from Ms Hattie's Family Child Care

easy to keep track

My overall experience is that how well it keep track and I can go back at anytime and check on something. I started using this program when it was first introduced to my food program and I love recording on paper sucks,

Pros

How easy it to select the proper foods and i like that unless I put the required foods in for a certain meal the system will let me know and I won't be able to continue until I do.

Cons

At this time I can't think of one thing that I least like.

Zina from Small world learning center

Daycare Lady

It has made keeping up with my meal count so much easier. Keeping up with my payments from parents and billing so much easier as well I am not able to track my income better

Pros

The ease of use, I am able to track my In Roman much easier so that when children leave and it is time to file taxes I can get the pair's information to them much quicker with a lot less work

Cons

In the beginning it timed out often......but it works great now