KidKare

KidKare Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Pretty flexible and easy to use. Was helping look for options for childcare business needs and located this."
  • icon"Worrying about writing or running out of checks is in the past. Don't forget the interface is easy to use too."
  • icon"I find this to be very easy to use. As a parent I feel very good knowing what my child is doing throughout the day."
  • icon"I had to lie about the child's race or the app would not let me move forward. Why would I need to add a Hispanic child as a white child, with no way to bypass or add them correctly."
  • icon"I am pretty new to using this software so i do not have a lot of bad to say about it at this time."
  • icon"Software is working improper in my Xiaomi note 5 and I do not know the source of the problem."

All KidKare Reviews

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Kids menu easy option!

Cheryl

Love being able to record my childcare meals online

I love my experience as far as my child care business goes. I have not used the accounting software but I am considering signing up for that. As I stated, the customer service side is the only downfall so far. I haven't had to use the customer service for a while so I hope it has improved.

Pros

I love the ease and availability on different devices to record my meals and attendance.

Cons

Customer service is very slow when you do need help...it takes days and sometimes weeks to get no answer most times. Very frustrating to say the least.

Sarafia

Powerful accounting tools

I’ve made YouTube videos praising Kidkare and the ease of this software. It has made bookkeeping easier and more impactful for our home child care business.

Pros

The tools that are the most impactful with Kidkare are the invoices system and expense tracking. Having invoices that are tailored to our home child care gives us a professional look with parents. It also allows us to receive all of our tuition on time because the invoices are sent directly to the parents by email. When it’s time to send out forms for taxes all the information is there. Lastly, if a parent needs a copy of an invoice paid he or she is able to log into their own account and review everything needed. That shows our business as being organized.

Cons

I didn’t like that the system didn’t have a great check in and check out system for the children to be accounted for.

Reasons for switching to KidKare

Kidkare has an invoice and expense tracking that is simple to use and makes bookkeeping easier. When tax time comes around we file our business taxes immediately with no problems because everything is in the system.

Mahmoud

November 2022

KidKare review

Easy use

Pros

Easy to use software, KidKare allows registration on multiple platforms.

Cons

The problem is that when you need help, the customer service is very very slow

Melissa

Disappointing, abysmal performance

electronic reporting to CACFP

Pros

Web based application you can access from any device, simple data entry Nothing else to say good about this product, however, there aren't enough characters in the con category

Cons

Providers were forced to switch to this new program no later than October 2017. Once switched you quickly find that multiple features we had access to in Minute Menu were no longer available. On top of that, not all the reports work correctly, payments are not processing on time, not all invoices generate appropriately, parents have been double invoiced, parents were sent invoices from providers in other states with other children's names, child care rate, the providers name, address, and EIN number. There's also been instances of data being dropped out of the program that had been previously saved by the provider. The customer service is best described as non existent. It may take MONTHS for them to respond to a help ticket, that is if they respond at all. You will also find that your help tickets will get "closed" with zero communication and without the issue being resolved. We have been assured that the issues would get better, but in fact, the issues seem to be coming more and more regularly. This company absolutely does not provide what they promised or what we are paying for. IF you choose to use this program you will find yourself spending extra time re-entering information you've already input, calming parents down about double bills, and most likely experience getting your money late on a regular basis. There are other programs out there, I would suggest you find them because you will find nothing but frustration with KidKare.

Holly

Holly's review

I'm able to see reports on how many meals i served and which meals are more attended. This software helps for records for tax purposes as well.

Pros

I like the ability to copy days from previous menus as well as build my own library of menus to choose from. Also the pre planned menus are very good when your're short on time

Cons

I don't like that the use scheduled times key was removed. It made it easier to adjust those times if necessary but now every day manually put in all the times which could and usually are the same every day.

Jeanette

Kidkare

Tracking children and meals are super easy with this program.

Pros

This program is very easy to use. Tracking the children and meals have been super easy.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like so far with this program, except maybe not being able to bring back a withdrawn child easily.

Briana

June 2022

Kidkare is great!

I truly enjoy using kidkare. It’s very user friendly and helps me keep track of what the kids ate, who’s all here, and the monthly calendar is a great tool too. I was a little intimidated by it at first but one I learned the ropes it was easy!

Pros

It’s super user friendly. I like the side bar hat jays out all your options so your able to quickly get to where you are going! It makes checkin in kids and logging food each day a breeze.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like it’s really slow or take forever to load . This can be frustrating when your trying to add information quickly,

Jared

Awesome tool for childcare companies!

I love the tool, and really feel that it is a great way to manage my childcare company

Pros

So many features: billing, check-in/out, daily reports, family records, menu planning, and so much more

Cons

Maybe implement a way to blast texts to parents?

Larissa

Very useful tool

Love it! Owning a Family Child Care, it is a really helpful tool! It keeps hours, dates, not only meals but important information for a licensed daycare. ;)

Pros

It keeps a record of very important information and in case a licenser comes in, it can help.

Cons

It might not be very clear about some things.

Valarie

October 2022

Wonderful tool

Pros

I love that it is so user friendly and whenever I have a question the KidKare support bubble is amazing for answering questions. I'm very new to the program and I've been able to self navigate through the software with ease.

Cons

I have yet to find anything I'm unhappy with

Sandra

Glad I FINALLY changed over from paper to computer

This program is a time saver. I do not like change. I am a long time participant of the food program. For many years I have been doing it on the forms. Once this computer program came out, I still did not want to make the change. Every time I would get a visit from the Food Program the ladies would ask me if I was sure I did not want to change, they thought I would really like it. For a few years I still used the paper forms and finally I decided I would try the computer software and if I didn't like it I could always go back to my old way. Oh my goodness. I absolutely loved it. Why did I not do it sooner..Duh It just made the whole process of doing the Food Program so much easier and less time consuming. I though it was great. There is always room for improvement. Who knows maybe the cons I listed above will one day be Incorporated into this software making it the "Perfect" program.

Pros

Very easy to learn. If certain things on the page are not right you can't go on. Once you get the hang of it. The whole process of doing your daily work is a breeze. Only taking a few minuets of your time each day.

Cons

I think the thing I like least is that it doesn't tell you more of what you are doing wrong. Example: If you accidentally marked too many kids for that certain day, or if you didn't mark that you didn't feed a whole wheat bread for that particular day although you always do but may have miss marked it , if a child is marked down but is not usually there on that certain day. I think that if it would tell us these things there would be less mistakes on the error and summary reports. Overall its a great program

Kidkare review from Karlyn's Little Blessings

Overall I love the website and everything it offers i just wish there were a few improvements to make it faster to log everything for the day and create menus.

Pros

i love how easy it is to use and navigate through the website for the most part. I use quick books for my payroll but it is extremely complicated to create invoices and log everyday expenses for my business and that is why I have chosen to continue to use kidkare.

Cons

I would say that there are a few things that are little complicated and not very user friendly, like creating a custom menu to use every month, it takes entirely way to long to create, and trying to figure out how to reuse a menu every month is a little complicated as well. it seems like every time i try to re use a menu for the next month it always skips days and i have to go in and fill in the blanks. I also wish that there was a way to automatically check every child in for a meal that way i am not having to click on each individual child and then if there is one child that was not there for that meal i could just unclick their name. When trying to send in a report for the month it can take all day to even send it in because the website seems to shut down.

KidKare Software Review

Customer service in fantastic. I was originally running a state certified daycare and utilizing KidKare with the CACFP food program and then decided to start doing daycare from home and run it as an unregulated daycare. When I closed my daycare in town and quit the CACFP program, my sponsor automatically withdrew me from the program but I was still being charged for it each month even though I was not able to log in and use the program. I contacted customer service and asked if they could get me back into that account or credit the money that had been auto-paid out of my bank account to the new KidKare account that I had created when I started doing daycare at home. They weren't able to reconnect me to the original account, but added credit to the new one that I had created, no questions asked. They've been very helpful with anything else that I have contacted them with as well.

Pros

I like that everything is in one place. I can track pick-up and drop-off times, keep track of my daycare finances, plan meals, etc. all in one place. I don't need a hundred different apps/programs to run my daycare business.

Cons

I really wish that the Check-In/Out times would transfer directly over for each child when you pull up their name to create invoices at the end of the week. It would make creating invoices A LOT quicker! And maybe there is a way to do this and I just haven't figured it out yet!

Renita

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Didn't want to make the change.

With KidKare I am able to produce menu's, accounting reports, financial reports, parents statements, and the best thing yet detail reports for my tax consultant which I use to do on Excel. I know I am very pleased using the system. I can even use the system on my cell while taking a break during a meeting away from my facility - convenience is everything!

Pros

When I switched from Minute Menu I was terrified that this new system would be a nightmare to use, learn, and manipulate to fit my program. Little did I know after using the software that I would love it even more than Minute Menu. Yes there were some glitches in the beginning, but customer service was dead on it and cleared problems asap. Once I learned how to operate the system I was out training other providers that were as terrified as I was.

Cons

When printing a menu I have too much wasted white space even after clicking on the arrow to hide the drop-down questions of which report to print. I do miss under the child's information Minute Menu would show the years and months age

Wanda

Sunshine Kids

Just dislike when we can't enter at time of service because KidKare may be down. Seems to do it alot towards end of month or fisrt 3-5 of month....

Pros

Love the fact I can add the kids photo. I like that infants are separated- very confusing when on MM... But alot of the infant under 12mos eat same solid food as other kids., would be nice if copied foods from older children and we choose to delete what they didn't eat, and change as needed....

Cons

Can't easily access the children's ages. We use this alot for if they are on Voucher program. It ask for year and the months of the children. It use to be in the kids information area when it was MM.... alot of the infant under 12mos eat same solid food as other kids., would be nice if copied foods from older children showed up and we choose to delete what they didn't eat, and change as needed.... since I puree my food for the younger kids.

Tamara