NOVAtime

NOVAtime Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I love the way you can configure reports to suit your needs. Output is available in whatever office media you need for it to be."
  • icon"It's been more than a year since our company has switched to Novatime and I think I finally have a good grasp on how it works."
  • icon"I like thhat its very use to use so its easy to teach other team members."
  • icon"Lack of flexibility in terms of different type of employee types (we run a gym where many different employees may have multiple job codes) makes it somewhat difficult to manage."
  • icon"Logging your comp time is a struggle at times as the process isn't intuitive and we don't do it too often to retain it in our memory."
  • icon"Web based makes operation slow and annoying to use during peak times. Also automatic log out is too short for all day use."

All NOVAtime Reviews

Shayne

Clocking in and out with ease!

I've been using Novatime for the past 4 to 5 months now. It's loads pretty fast, however, after they added a few more tabs to it recently, it has slowed down a bit.

Pros

1) Faster: We use Novatime to clock in and out for our 8 hour shifts. However, our office is on the 7th Floor and it takes time to get up there because of really slow lifts. It's really efficient to clock in through Novatime through someone else's computer by typing in our Employee ID and Password instead of waiting for our systems to load up. I say this because we are using WorkDay and Novatime simultaneously. You need to sign into WorkDay from your designated system only :( And in my company, the later you log in, the later you log out. 2) Easy To Use: Novatime is easy to use and configure according to the needs of an organization that chooses to use it's services.

Cons

1) Leave Balance: Leave Balances are hard to understand for people who are new to the corporate world. This is where WorkDay is much better and easier to understand.

Debbie

HRIS Manager

We've used Novatime for over 10 years. We currently run in-house with 5 clocks, phone clock in and users logging in via the employee kiosk. We do not have the system calculate accruals, however, we import them from our payroll system and do use them to keep employees from going over their earned time off. We also use the vacation scheduling feature.

Pros

Many features and once you know where to set them up it is pretty easy. Easy to import our accruals from our hr system; many reports and ability to schedule them to various users is a wonderful feature. Good notification system - we use this to notify supervisors if employees are going over 40 hours a week. Though it could be set up for many more instances. We also just set up to notify a supervisor if an employee has submitted a time-off request. Like the ability to track where employees are punching in from - not an issue for the most part.

Cons

Because the system does so much; it can appear complicated to set up. We are too small of a company to have Novatime themselves provide support, but our vendor (who we go through for support) is wonderful and quick to get back to us.

Kristina

NOVATime is a robust Time & Attendance system offering plenty of customization and reporting options

Unique customization and customer support.

Pros

NOVATime offers many customizable tools and features to cater to your company's timekeeping needs. It's easy to add new or remove old pay codes, shift schedules, holiday rules, etc. You can customize timesheet approvals, user access, and delegates. The system also offers many canned reports, including various employee timesheet, HR, labor, and audit report templates. Reports can be shared with other users and scheduled to run automatically.

Cons

Unfortunately, there is no test environment in NOVATime, therefore you are always working with live data which is less than desirable when making mass changes or introducing new features. Mass changes in a live environment can lead to issues with data integrity. Also, the Time Off Request feature has been unreliable and faulty; this feature was supposed to be improved in the 5000.

Linda

Industry: Plastics

Time Clock Software that Conforms to YOUR Business

I am able to view employee punches and information in real time, rather than having to pull the time into the software manually. The software is fast, reliable, and can be further configured to meet needs other than time-keeping. The users are happy because they need go no further than their own computers to enter their time, and I don't have to hunt down their paperwork. Novatime has made my work life infinitely easier!

Pros

I love the way you can configure reports to suit your needs. Output is available in whatever office media you need for it to be. There are many standard reports that you can use as-is, or tweak for your own specific information.

Cons

It is not as data-entry friendly as I would like. That is to say, the number of times a user has to go from keyboard to mouse to make changes is high, and therefore time consuming.

Reasons for choosing NOVAtime

The other products we looked at were comparable in software functionality and clock reliability, but Novatime's pricing had them all beat!

Reasons for switching to NOVAtime

Our old time keeping system was so out-dated we were using DOS! There was time to shop around and we found that Novatime had the best software and clocks for the price. It was the price, however which was the kicker. Much lower than its competitors at the time.

Ciaira

May 2022

Timekeeping done easy

Great overall experience. It integrates really well with our payroll and HR system!

Pros

The integration process was very easy from our old system into this system. They setup every thing for you and go over every detail of your business to make sure nothing is missed.

Cons

It has a very old windows 95 look to it an could use a refresh to be a little more modern. I also don't like how the expense submission is setup its confusing to employees at times and the size of pictures you can upload is so small.

Angela

Recommending NovaTime

NovaTime just upgraded the look of their system and made it even more visually appealing and easy to use with a nice dashboard. Love it!

Pros

We love that the software is simple and straightforward. Our employees and managers both find it easy to us with little to no learning curve. Our implementation Specialist was great to work with.

Cons

There is not much opportunity to customize things you want. The Implementation Specialist will work with you to get everything you need. There maybe were 1 or 2 features we would have liked to be different, but they could not accommodate at this time. However, they are always taking customer feedback and upgrade accordingly.

Damon

Good Time Entry Tool

Pros

NovaTime is a tool that is focused on timesheet collection and so is pretty straight forward. Our company used NovaTime for several years with very few issues. As a manager, I approve my team's weekly timesheets through the system and it is a quick process. The time can also be edited during approval, which can be convenient when someone submits a mistake that needs to be corrected.

Cons

If an employee makes a mistake they are unable to edit their timesheet after it is submitted for approval. If the time has not already been approved by the manager, it would be convenient to allow the employee to update their timesheet. If time has already been submitted and needs to be corrected it has to be done by the manager during approval.

Britnee

Fingerprints and Camera

Pros

I can view my time card and the details of when I punched in and out very clearly. I can submit requests for time off and get a notification if it was approved. I’m not sure how the camera actually works (is a picture taken of you when you click on and out?!) but the fingerprint scan works well.

Cons

The only con I have is that sometimes to system freezes and it takes so long to load.

We use NovaTime for all timesheets for exempt & nonexempt employees.

Pros

I like that it is on the cloud so we can get information from our employees and for our own timecards easily and efficiently to the appropriate people.

Alexis

Ol' Reliable

We used NOVAtime for a while but have recently switched to a different system.

Pros

- Pretty easy to navigate basic functions once you are trained on the system. - Very few issues with overall use - Great customer support

Cons

- There is a learning curve and need to be a little tech savvy to utilize completely. - Did have the occasional glitch with our online system

Tamara

not the most intuitive time tracking system

Pros

It's been more than a year since our company has switched to Novatime and I think I finally have a good grasp on how it works. The system has gone through several updates and the product we are using now is definitely more robust than what we had a year ago. In brief, it does the job of tracking your hours but I think there are more intuitive time tracking systems.

Cons

When we first started using the system we ran into several bugs when logging our time and it took our controller some time to have them all fixed. Their support team was open to work with us on customizing some of the features, which was a plus, but there are still some things that need to be addressed. Logging your comp time is a struggle at times as the process isn't intuitive and we don't do it too often to retain it in our memory.

Brittany

Don't Waste Your Time and Money

The implementation part was a massive headache, I understand any new software is going to be a headache initially, but this was beyond that. One example, during implementation, I specifically said I did not want lunch breaks to be a set amount of time. I want my employees to be able to clock back in from lunch when they want. This did not happen. An entire shift of employees were clocked out for a full hour every day. They did not want to help me fix this problem at first, and the first response I received from OUR REPRESENTATIVE was a snapshot of the customer service phone number and email. Why would I be given customer service reps if I am going to be directed to a hotline? It took them a full FIVE days to get this issue resolved. Another issue we had that was just mind-boggling was that we were told NOVAtime INTEGRATES with QuickBooks; exporting and importing is NOT integration. These are the steps required to send timesheets to QuickBooks: navigate to timesheets in NOVAtime, save timesheets, process time sheets, refresh the pay period, process again, go to reports, preview to check for mistakes, export, process yet again, download timesheets, save timesheets to desktop, go to QuickBooks, go to file, go to utilities, go to import, select IFF, find the correct file, upload timesheets, and then you are finally ready to begin payroll. This is NOT integration and takes more mouse clicks than necessary. App is far from user-friendly. Web-version is not much better.

Pros

Reports are plentiful Customization is great but over the top, too easy to make errors

Cons

Everything from (not so) ease of use to customer service. Once implementation is over, and you've paid them, forget getting good customer service. Demos, Q&As, and meetings, in the beginning, went off without a hitch. They had answers for everything and made it all sound wonderful. No free trial though which, in hindsight, should have been the BIGGEST RED FLAG.

Reasons for choosing NOVAtime

They had the best presentation, but all was not as it seemed. Ultimately, we were able to terminate our contract based on QB not being truly integrated and other problems they could not fix, but they have refused to refund ANY money whatsoever. For how expensive this product is, and how much trouble we had, AND the fact they couldn't fix our issues, to not offer even a prorated refund is unimaginable.

Reasons for switching to NOVAtime

QB bought TSheets and they were having several issues and bugs

Leslie

It works relatively well for the cost.

I'd much rather have just one system that is able to accommodate time card punches, HRIS and payroll. It would save me so much time, especially during our busy season.

Pros

Tech support has always been very helpful, easy to work with and quick to respond. Relatively inexpensive, but you get what you pay for also.

Cons

This time card software does not link to our payroll system unless we do a file download at the end of a payroll period. So since there's no link, I have to enter all employee information into the payroll system, then into Novatime. Redundant work and time consuming. Also, you have to set up every report. You can't run any report on the fly, time consuming.

Albert

Shines in Timekeeping and Basic Features

Pros

-Great accurate way for time keeping -Relatively easy user interface for basic functions -Does all the basic functions

Cons

-Retroactively changes the history of employees when you change their position, department, or job for all the years. So it's not a very efficient tool for HR employee tracking -If you really want to get into depth of all the features, you will need to be a bit tech savvy -Not very dynamic, only has very basic features -Occasional glitches in punches and online system

Terri

Industry: Philanthropy

December 2015

User for 2 years

Pros

The interface is user friendly and looks modern and clean. We have rarely (like, maybe once) had any downtime, the system is always up and running. The NOVAtime employee's I've built a relationship with are interested in helping find what works for my organization.

Cons

I can't point to any specific "dislikes" about the product. If there is a function that I wish worked a different way, I can submit a request/suggestion for that functionality, or speak to someone at NOVAtime who can point me towards different options, or talk about best practices with me.

Ankit

Decent Workforce Management Software

Pros

I like the variety of time management software we get to choose from as their client. Depending on the type of workforce, we can choose to use time clocks, biometric time clocks or proximity time clocks. I like thhat its very use to use so its easy to teach other team members.

Cons

The customer service is not the best with this one. When having trouble logging in hours for a employee, the customer service two days to get resolved, in which all that needed to be done was add the employee to the database.

Amy