• Pros

• "Love that it's easy to use and has a super clean layout to it. Anyone can use it!"

• "I like the functionality of the software! It is so easy to use and user friendly. The app is great."

• "I love how user friendly and easy to use it it. The customer service is great-- shout out to Aimee! "

• Cons

• "The existing reports are great, but I wish that customized reports were more readily and quickly available."

• "There were growing pains at the beginning, but within the past year it's been smooth sailing."

• "Nothing negative- we had to add a few custom items for a few niches we do, but they were developed by the Nowsta team quickly."

Browse Nowsta Reviews

Amanda from Events By Classic

This app has been game changing for how we communicate with staff.

Pros

I like the ease of use as a Coordinator. My time spent scheduling has shrunk majorly, leaving me more time to focus on recruiting, on-boarding and training. The calendar makes it really easy for me to see what my week looks like. The sorting function help me isolate events to more easily see events. Even the color and font choices used in the apps is pleasing to the eye! The support from the Nowsta team has been amazing. They always respond within minutes through their direct messaging function and not only resolve the issue, but are a blast to work with. It's been a year that we have used the software and there have been endless improvements to functionality. They have expanded the system in many ways, allowing us to change our payroll functions and save money. Many times, we have seen areas for improvement, have sent the Nowsta team suggestions and then seen the tweaks in the app a few weeks later. The team at Nowsta is the ultimate example of continuous improvement. My staff really enjoys using the app and it has actually been a help in hiring as well. I mention it during the interview and I have seen candidates' faces light up with excitement that we schedule with such a convenient form of communication.

Cons

The timeclock function on the app can be buggy and not record proper times, but I let the Nowsta team know and it's usually fixed right away. It's also an easy fix as a Coordinator, to adjust the times on the desktop.

David from Woodbelly Pizza

Intuitive scheduling for catering events

We are saving 1-2 hrs per week making the schedule and at least 10 hrs a week of admin time that used to be spent texting, calling etc. Now it's all centralized with more control delegated to captains, etc.

Pros

Great customer support team with active development on a best in class platform with a solid codebase to support future iterations. App recently modernized and continued improvements in reporting allow for oversight and quantitative analysis

Cons

Doesn't include payroll, but it syncs with many others! Only real con I can think of

Reasons for Choosing Nowsta

It does what it does the best of any. Others can't even comprehend what an event is.

Albert from Drinks On Me Catering

Efficiency Is the Key

I like the feature to sync my Google calendar, this keeps me up to date on certain reminders. Also the feature to pull up past jobs assist my staff in reminders on repeat clients. We periodically update our Uniform requirements through the app so our staff will be aware of any changes. All around efficient for the company!

Pros

My staff and I love using this app! I enjoy the option to send out a message to all staff and them being able to get it instantly. I appreciate the Geo-Clock in feature also, this keeps my staff on task when we work events. They can see how many hours worked and can calculate their paychecks with ease.

Cons

All features are pretty seamless, maybe an option to take a picture in the app. My staff has reported that they can't clock in periodically due to low signal, but maybe that is a phone carrier issue.

Vetch from Woodbelly pizza

Words and words

Pros

Ease of use for clocking in crews and tracking hours.

Cons

There have been periods of wicked bugginess that blocked use on a number of peoples devices.

Monica from Purple Onion Catering Co.

Saves time to book staff

We are a catering company and we use Nowsta for time and attendance for our in-house staff as well as our staff working off-site events out in the field. We love the ability to see how far away the staff member clocks in. Having the captains able to clock in and out the staff is a plus for staff who forgets their phone or is late and doesn't clock in.

Pros

Scheduling staff for events is a breeze. With multiple events displayed at once, we can click and drag staff to the event best suited for them. The report showing a spreadsheet as to the average number of minutes it takes staff to confirm events and the percentage that staff says yes to working an event helps us with prioritizing our staff based on their response. Approving staff on the Time and Attendance page is very easy and the screen is clear to see their times worked. Scheduling staff for the different departments works well .

Cons

Sometimes if the address of the location is not an exact address then the embedded gps map may send the staff to an incorrect location. The app works poorly on some older model cell phones. I haven't found a way to note when staff is on vacation to block those days so they are not accidentally added to the schedule.

Michael from M Culinary Concepts

Game changer

Great! From when we were first introduced to Nowsta through now, it has been a GREAT experience.

Pros

The Nowsta software provides such an easy way to communicate with staff. Scheduling offsite events is about communication. Nowsta provides a platform where everyone can speak the same language when scheduling or receiving a schedule.

Cons

Hard to think about what I don't like. As soon as there is something that seems off the engineers are on it

Reasons for Choosing Nowsta

The final decision was based on ease of use and its custom ability to schedule to an event rather than an individual.

Sarah from STAFF'd

Smooth Transition and easy to use!

From the initial conversation, to the implementation, I have been fully on board! I'm excited to know they are constantly working on how to make the software as useful as possible and I'm not sure how our company went so long with out it!

Pros

This software is so user friendly! We have a VERY wide range of employees that range from savvy to beginner in the tech department. The transition to this app/website was seamless for everyone involved. I love how you can compartmentalize almost every aspect of information on both the administrative side as well as the user side. It takes me less than 1 minute to create an event, and about the same for our employees to choose whether or not they are able to work. It's great from start to finish! I also love that employees can choose how they receive notifications. Very customizable to how they use their phones.

Cons

The biggest thing I wish this software had was an app from the admin side. Although the browser is esthetically pleasing, I would like to get push notifications as the administrator.

Shelby from Duvall Catering

Nowsta Review

Pros

It’s super easy to use and there are (so far) no glitches. The last thing you want is a program messing up mid scheduling. I love being able to rate employees and it’s super easy for my staff to see all the details of the shifts they’re working. It also reminds them to show up 2 hours prior!

Cons

Nothing so far. Obviously it’s constantly updating which can be a pain but it’s worth it to have a nice easy to use software

Sarah from Stone Cove Catering

Scheduling Software

The entire Nowsta team has been responsive and easy to work with!

Pros

The ease of use and integration with Total Party Planner

Cons

We would like there to be an option that an administrator is able to clock in/out employees without having to be the event owner.

Evan from Gourmet Events Hawaii

The Apple of Scheduling Platforms

Wonderful team of staff - they always want to know feedback and will call action to issues swiftly. Nowsta is always updating with new features. I have used several staffing platforms over the years and Nowsta is by far my favorite.

Pros

Very fluid platform. Easily integrates with our other necessary systems that make staffing, scheduling, and back end work very seamless.

Cons

Loading time takes a bit sometimes. Nothing else.

Reasons for Choosing Nowsta

Amazing Internal Staff, seamless experience and overall ease of use. Great price points as well.

Melissa from Everyday Gourmet, LLC

Nowsta truly transformed our catering companies staffing operations!

Nowsta has eliminated our need for paper/hand written shift times, confusion over who was at what event and for how long, wondering what was the pay for that particular shift and the need to spend countless hours calculating every employees hours/pay come payroll time. Most of all, Nowsta has connected all our employees and with the app, given each the convenance of handheld information. Oh, and Nowsta integrates with our catering software Caterease which was our biggest selling point because we only have to enter event information once and it is transferred over to Nowsta with all the details needed for the employees. From a Caterers view point, I do not think there is anything else out there that can come close to Nowsta for us. So happy we made the move to Nowsta and there's no turning back!

Pros

From an Admin stand point, I love how Nowsta is so easy to edit; staff information, times, position costs, literally everything! I love the availability checks that can go out as whatever I want, they do not have to be attached to an event. I love the multiple ways that I can inform my staff of shifts available via shifts requests and publishing to a first come first serve deal. It's so easy to make announcements to staff members who are scheduled for event shifts. Staff members get notified instantly of any event changes. I can set preferences to where I receive emails every time a staff member accepts/declines a shift, when new events are entered into Nowsta (we have the Caterease interface), when staff members do not clock into their shifts on time and so on. I could go on and on... From an employees stand point, Nowsta gives me all the information that I need for an event. Its linked with Google Maps and with one click, I get GPS directions to my event. I can get notifications of upcoming events I am scheduled for. I clock in and out with my phone, no company timeclock box needed. I can easily add breaks to my shift. I can clock into an unscheduled shift, like for kitchen/office staff members who work daily yet do not have schedule kitchen or office hours. It is soooo easy! Makes everything soooo easy!! Hands down the BEST Customer service crew I have ever worked with! I love chatting with them even tho I try not to have to. :)

Cons

The only thing at the moment that I wish Nowsta could do is have flat rate delivery options. I currently use normal staffing hours to calculate deliveries but they should be flat rates that do not affect employees hours but we make it work. Looking forward to the upgrade that includes flat rate fees.

Alisha from Biltwell Event Center + Hoaglin Catering

Overall, this program has been a lifesaver and has drastically improved our staffing process.

Pros

I have been using the software for over 2 years now and have seen it develop into the great product that it is today. What I like most is that the Nowsta team is dedicated to really understanding the needs of their end users and developing a system that is perfect for event industry professionals. We have been able to really cut down on overtime in every department, have a much higher response rate from staff who are receiving offers to work, and management is able to track hours and run payroll reports much more efficiently with this system in place. The many different levels of permissions allow me to customize what each person using the system is able to see and access in the system. My Sales team can see schedules, but not pay rates and are not able to adjust times/ shifts. Department head can see pay rates, and enter schedules, but are not able to create or remove another admin user. Event staff can not access the admin portal at all. There are many great features that this system has that several others on the market simply do not consider or offer, and I would highly recommend taking a look at it if you are not already a user.

Cons

As with any system that is still in development, there are still a few hick ups in the program. The Nowsta team works diligently to iron out the kinks but this causes the system to go down for unexpected periods of time and staff is unable to clock in/out.

Brian from Tasteful Connections Inc

Great product makes my life easier

Doing payroll used to take me anywhere from 1-6 hours depending on how busy we were and how many people were working. After we switched to Nowsta, I usually have payroll done in 30 minutes. We do schedules on a weekly basis and I used to have to do the schedule in Excel, then change it to a PDF and then email it to all the staff along with where they were meeting for events. It took me forever to do. With Nowsta, everything is right in the app and it cuts the time in half. Also, with people being able to punch in from their phones, there is no longer paper needed. All of the staff is very helpful and quick to get back to you if you reach out to them.

Pros

Nowsta cuts my scheduling time at least in half. It also takes me a quarter of the time to do payroll. Easier for employees to punch in and out.

Cons

Some issues with the app freezing. People with android have had issues using the app. There is no way for staff members to put in extended periods of time off in the app (vacatin or PTO or what not)

Reasons for Choosing Nowsta

When we emailed Staffmate, we never heard back. Rep from Nowsta emailed back very quickly, set up a free demo, and answered all of our questions.

Sam from Footers Catering

Switching to Nowsta was the best improvement we have made to our staffing department in years!

The biggest has been reduced labor because the software is so easy to use on both the admin and employee sides of things. We used to spend so much time fiddling with a product that was difficult for the employees, thereby making it difficult for admins. Hours were spent trying to figure out why they couldn't clock in/out, changing passwords, resetting accounts, an on and on. For this reason, everyone has jumped on board and really embraced Nowsta (and really loves it), which if you've every changed to a different software that you had been using for years, you know is a tall order. In addition to reduced labor, it has reduced our stress, which is hard to put a price tag on!

Pros

The user interface is very clean and easy to use. Our entire organization has rallied around the software and thoroughly enjoys using it not only to check their schedule and clock in/out, but also to communicate with their teammates, view pertinent information relating to their event, and the ability to rate staff (even us old folks born before the age of smartphones find it easy to use)! Clocking in/out is now a breeze, and the process of approving shifts for time & attendance has reduced our labor and errors tremendously. And perhaps most importantly, the customer support is extremely fast and responsive. If you ever have any question, they are certain to receive your message and get you an answer in a very timely manner!

Cons

There really aren't any cons to list here as things that we think could be improved are being addressed by their team! So, what we like least is that we didn't have it years ago!

Mary Jo "MJ" from Catering Creations

Easy to use, cuts staffing time in half, great customer support and overall highly recommended.

Pros

Nowsta is a staffing platform that was created especially for the Catering & Event Industry. They did their research on what was needed and that comes full circle as you use it daily. On top of having great Customer Support and response time to questions, issues, concerns or suggestions, Nowsta provides a streamlined staffing software that is easy to use for all. Our response times are cut in half and we have more immediate feedback if a staff member is going to accept the shift or not. The Time & Attendance feature is super simple to approve times and notice and discrepancies. I would highly recommend.

Cons

Currently, the only thing I wish I had with this software. I have is having to log into the web application as a Coordinator and not having access through the app for making day of/on-site changes to staff, but this is a rare need for us and easy to use the web version from a phone internet browser.

Desiree from DSquared Hospitality Company

Never Been So Efficiently Staffed!

Pros

We started using NOWSTA almost 2 years ago and it has made scheduling so much more efficient. We use it throughout our company - from servers and bartenders, to kitchen, warehouse, and office workers. The platform is user friendly for both schedulers and staff. Our Staffing Coordinator of almost 13 years says we have never been fully staffed so early for our events! And she doesn't have to rely on temporary staff as much anymore because we are staffed more efficiently. Bonus - Nowsta's email newsletters are very informative and concise in the topics of labor laws, staffing trends, and other topics related to our industry.

Cons

Nothing major that I am aware of! Overall, it works well.

Heather from Bar Harbor Catering Company

Nowsta has made everything easier

I used to spend two days doing our payroll because the staffing software we used to use wouldn't integrate with our payroll. Nowsta has made payroll and shift management so much easier and their customer service reps are always more than happy to jump in and help me if I (or our staff) ever have an issue. I can't thank them enough!

Pros

Being able to attach documents for each event has been a game-changer for our staff!

Cons

Some of the hiccups with using the timeclock were a bit frustrating (some days it worked fine but then for no reason, it wouldn't). The new update to the software has definitely improved this process!

Kristin from Rocky Top Catering

Everything in One Place

Pros

1) the willingness of the Nowsta team to help with anything you need and make the requested changes to create a more efficient user experience 2) the convenience of having everything in one place! So nice that we can do scheduling, labor projections, payroll, and communication all from one easy to use software.

Cons

1) the speed of refreshing the pages is slow sometimes, but nothing that is really bothersome. 2) it is a new software, so there are things about it that we don't like. While the Nowsta team is great about making the requested changes, they have what I can only imagine is a long list of requests that they are trying to accommodate. With that being said, some of our requests are not always met.

Lisa from Grace Street Catering

Nowsta is the best part of my job!

When I took this job, I was using both the competitor (rhymes with LaughFate) and Nowsta, and I fought to go with Nowsta because it was so much faster and more user-friendly. Nowsta works right out of the box, it does everything I need and more, they keep introducing useful new features and functionality. When my predecessor looked over my shoulder at the Event view, she was openly envious of how much easier the job is now. Dealing with 120+ on-call staff is never going to be easy, per se, but Nowsta makes offering them work and keeping track of hours, details, call-outs, etc. much easier.

Pros

It's easy (dare I say fun?) to use right away, it's robust, and the support team is friendly and RESPONSIVE. I suggested a feature that would make things easier and it was implemented within a day of my message.

Cons

Using it on mobile as an admin is still a little awkward, and I would like to be able to drag and drop employees in the Event view as well as the Multi-Event view. It would also be helpful if employees had the ability to opt-in to having their contact info shared for carpooling, etc.--right now, it's either all or none.

Fletcher from Acrobat Outsourcing

Incredibly User Friendly & Great Customer Service

We've had an excellent experience. The customer service has been out of this world. Working with the reps has been great. I never worry about being able to actively communicate with them or that we will experience an outage of any variety. Everything has been going swimmingly.

Pros

The ease of use and installation as well as the technical support received along the way. The team was also very receptive to improvements prompted by our team actively using the product in the field.

Cons

That we didn't implement it earlier. After we did, our productivity shot through the roof.

Christine from Southern Hospitality

The best software to keep my staff and events organized!

Pros

Nowsta is sincerely a business game changer! With automated staff reminders I know longer have to worry about the dreaded no show! I can easily reference information from past events, I can easily calculate profit with the automated workers pay calculation. I honestly have no idea how I ran my business without Nowsta! This product significantly improved customer service, internal organization, staffing and so much more! I would recommend Nowsta over and over again! I couldn’t be happier! Thank you Nowsta Team!

Cons

Nothing I love the software! Nowsta has improved every aspect of my business.

Dan from Hospitality Services Group

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Nowsta Pay - employee benefit

It has been great and still continues to be positive. They are quick to respond and help with any issues, the software has cut down our work hours, so my team is very pleased and our employees feel like we added an extra benefit by allowing them to use Nowsta Pay. Win/win overall.

Pros

Nowsta Pay- being able to have employees pull their money when they choose is a huge perk and it allowed us to go from a weekly pay cycle to biweekly saving time us time and money.

Reasons for Choosing Nowsta

Shift Gig did not have the capability the Nowsta has and did not offer a pay feature.

Jason from Flavor

Great Product!

Pros

We have been extremely happy with the ease of setup and training. The support team have been great to work with and super responsive when we have questions or concerns.

Cons

No real cons to address. It is still a work in progress and we look forward to the future changes that are coming.

Erica from Trumpet Vine Catering

Works great for Catering companies

I don't know what we would do without Nowsta, we would have to hire a person just to schedule and manage staffing if we didn't have it!

Pros

This software helps us to schedule our various parts of our business from office work to front of house and kitchen staffing. It's easy to use and user friendly if you need to pull reporting or other information and it's easy for our staff to use and integrate into their schedules and lives.

Cons

People are asking if there is a way to turn off push notifications but I think those are good to have.

Salina from By Design collective

Support at its finest

Five Stars. Polite, Professional, Collaborative and Creative. Couldnt ask for a better team to work with for staffing 300+ employees daily, year round.

Pros

how easy it is to use and how its even easier to get support from the Nowsta team at any point. The Nowsta team is always keeps it real professional and if they cant help with a solution on their end, they offer to help make one in the near future, which generally is executed in record time.

Cons

Anything I haven't liked, the Nowsta team has been able to integrate into the software for the most part.

Reasons for Choosing Nowsta

Everything about it made sense and what didn't the Nowsta team was able to explain with no problem :)

Cristin from Rocky Top Catering

I LOVE NOWSTA!

AWESOME! Rep is a great help as well. She helps us with anything we need and is very quick with response time. However, our team does wish Nowsta had an on-boarding. It would be amazing if Nowsta could be our all in one.

Pros

Nowsta makes it easy for me to schedule and staff my employees. To switch them from events and etc. It's also great that I can interface from Caterease.

Cons

Nowsta can be VERY slow sometimes. Especially lately, I feel like it takes 5 minutes to load fully and sometimes I can't scroll because it's still loading.

sarah from daily planet cafe

Industry: Restaurants

Great Updates

Great company!

Pros

They are constantly improving and coming up with updates for the system. They reach out to let you know when they are doing so and give really detailed instructions with pictures to guide you through it. The changes are never so drastic that you feel like you have to learn things all over again. They are just intuitive improvements and easy to adapt to.

Cons

I would like to be able to manually confirm all the individual shifts in one event at a time. Right now I have to click on each time slot and do it separately but I only have about 7 shifts per day so it's not a big deal but would save me a little bit of time.

Katie from Footers Catering

Great Customer Service and User Friendly Interface

Great company, friendly staff, they've thought of so much to include in their app/user interface that it makes our life so much easier

Pros

The fact that I can use the app on my phone helps our company so much! There is so much valuable information that we communicate to our teams through Nowsta such as driving directions, what to expect at the event, what they need to know ahead of time, who is working with them on their shift, etc.

Cons

There aren't any improvements that I can think of!

Harley from Topnotch Events

The Answer To Any Hospitality Agency

Pros

I was one of the first users to Beta test this product and helped with the integration of the product. The Nowsta team always listens to my feedback and tweaked a lot of the elements to fit my particular needs. It's like having my own team of engineers to customize the product for my individual needs.

Customer service

Ryan from Culinary Crafts

Best event-based scheduling tool I've seen.

Overall, I've been very pleased. The best testament to our success with Nowsta is the praise and gratitude from my team members who use it the most. They love it far more than any other option we've tried.

Pros

Nowsta addresses and solves all the issues and shortcomings of trying to use non-event based software for an event based company like ours.

Reasons for Choosing Nowsta

The unique solutions and considerations that help an event based catering company.

Brittany from Footers Catering

So easy!

In my specific role, it's very important that I know which of our team members are assigned a specific shift. With our previous software, I had to individually scroll through pages of information to find what I needed. With Nowsta, everything is clear and organized so I can get what I need quickly. With administrator access, it's also easy for me to find the contact information of those individuals if I need to call them with a quesion or follow up with them with good feedback. This saves so much time and frustration!

Pros

This software is well designed and incredibly easy to use. Since we switched to using Nowsta, there's a lot less confusion and it's much smoother when communicating with teams and getting across crucial information.

Cons

I personally have not had any negative experiences with the software quite yet.

Nathaniel from Contemporary Catering

Finally a Solution

Literally the most robust, easiest to use piece of software we have in our organization.

Pros

Most user friendly admin we have ever seen. Ease of learning Continued product development of new features benefitting both employers and employees Zero database latency

Cons

We cant think of anything but wishing there were more users to allow them to scale and build all the new features faster.

Quality and ease

Martin from Castle Event Catering

Great Software

In a nutshell prior to using the software on average we would get 6 people calling in sick for their shifts every week which in a company our size equates to about 12%. We asked that everyone communicate the shifts that they are scheduled for and we would be lucky if 15-20% would communicate within 72 hours. Now our call in percentage is less than 1% and we are averaging over 95% communication within 12 hours. Staffing for the week can now be done in 1 day and very seldom do we have to revisit it throughout the week where before it was a daily challenge.

Pros

The best part of the software is it puts the responsibility of the schedule into the hands of the staff that uses it and you can clearly see the people that want to work and are invested in your company and those that are not.

Cons

There are some features that do not feel streamlined to how I would utilize them. I cannot however justify lowering my rating based on these factors because I may not be using them the way they were designed.

Reasons for Choosing Nowsta

Nowsta felt like it was more streamlined for the type of business we run and felt like they understood our challenges more than the competition.

Kelly from The Social Affair Catering + Event Design

Revolutionized the way we schedule

Pros

The ability to schedule and keep track of staff quickly and efficiently. The FOH staff love the ability to click accept or decline. It is wonderful that they have all of the details for the event at their fingertips before the events begins!

Cons

The lack of ability to customize the CSV (excel) reports. It would be nice if the FOH staff could decline an event after they have already accepted if there was an alert to management to approve and they must provide a reason. It would also be nice to keep track of when they do this.

Colleen from Footers Catering

Nowsta is amazing!

Pros

I really like having the ability to upload documents to events. This feature has made it incredibly easy for our team to communicate about event logistics through the app.

Cons

I wish there was a way for our managers to "Rate" our event staff after our shifts so that our Director of Hospitality could know how each staff member is performing without having to be at every event.

Stacey from The Tanglewood Club

Organized Staffing

Nowsta has made scheduling and payroll so much easier to deal with. I don't have to hunt down staff to make sure they have their schedule, because they sign up for their shifts. I don't have to decipher time cards that have written in messages or double punches that overwrite each other. So much easier to deal with!

Pros

Since switching to Nowsta, it has become so much easier to keep staff organized and get them scheduled. The rating system also helps managers communicate about individual staff members whom may need a little extra training, or who really deserve a pat on the back. Keeping track of hours at mulitple sites is also a great asset. I really appreciate having this software available for us to use.

Cons

When an event cancels or postpones, it is difficult to remove it from the system. I've had the software reinstate staff when I went through and deleted them. I believe the administrator has brought this to your attention.

Jason from Abbey Rd. Catering

Nowsta has been a wonderful find!!

Pros

This has made scheduling our employees a lot more efficient. This time saved as we know is money will spent & made. With the report to assist in payroll, again saving time & money. So if you like saving time and money , get on board with Nowsta.

Cons

It took me a minute to get accustom to the program. The adjustment that I needed for our business need took a little bit of time. I've always been on the now plan, so having to wait on IT to make it happen was hard to handle.

Daniel from Culinary Crafts Catering

Nowsta review

Pros

Being able to access my schedule on my phone. Changes to my schedule are reflected immediately. When meeting on site to be able to see the location on a Google map. Also I like the convenience of clocking in and out from phone.

Cons

The program is a little bit slow when navigating from one page to another especially when I'm doing it from my phone

Colleen from Rocky Top Catering

Nowsta is a breeze!

Great! Customer service is quick and very helpful!

Pros

Easy to use once you get the hang of it! Allows you to customize to your own needs! Payroll integration and overtime calculations are a definite plus!

Cons

I can’t click an event in time and attendance and be taken to the event.....

Reasons for Choosing Nowsta

Great customer service, good pricing, user friendly.

ivy from IVY'S SIMPLY HOMEMADE LLC

Reports are perfect!

Simplified the process for us so much

Pros

I love the Payroll reports, it may be simple to everyone else but I used to spend my Sundays adding up hours for each event and different rate for all my staff. Also the remote clock in at events is perfect.

Cons

Every once in a while my staff flakes on hitting the "done" button and it won't clock them in or out

Jessica from Bruce's Catering

Overall Great

I love that I have my entire roster with contact info in one place. It's also helpful that other staffing agencies use it so employees are familiar. Looking forward to the integration and crossover for staffing agencies.

Pros

Cons

Need more shortcuts for batch updating. I would also like a history of changes for each user with more details. Like the exact time someone accepted a job or was removed. I know the logo was added and that's great...but its really small. Also, there really needs to an app for admins!

Stephanie from Jay's Catering

Nowsta makes scheduling easier!

Nowsta allows for our team to schedule events with ease! We are able to provide all of the necessary details of each event to the staff. Definitely a time saver!

Pros

It's easy to use and our staff finds it easy to use as well!

Cons

It's been so helpful, so nothing at this point.

Matt from Simply Fresh Events

Great product!

Pros

The team at Nowsta is always updating and improving their software and they listen to the needs of their customers.

Cons

Access to one aspect of the feedback on staff is not as intuitive and streamlined as it could be.

jamie from footers catering

Great service

Pros

Cons

I'd love to be able to add a shift to multiple events at once, but otherwise it's great!

Vi from Cafe Natalie Catering

Nowsta is awesome!

Pros

How simple and easy it is to use. You know exactly where you need to go for whatever you’re needing (changing availability, checking your jobs for the weekend, past jobs, even how much you’re getting paid now).

Cons

Sometimes it would glitch and you’d have to close the app and reopen it when you’re trying to see your event or clock people in

Camille from Urban Icing

Nowsta is a breeze!

So far so good! Its been great and easy to use. I highly recommend.

Pros

This software is easy to use and fast! I can update a schedule and the employee is instantly notified by text and email! It's so efficient and effective. I love it - it has really had things faster on the scheduling end.

Cons

No cons yet - I have found everything very easy to use!

Alexander from CateringByMichaels

“Nowsta” An Everyday Tool!

Nowsta is a great everyday tool for any Manager looking to schedule staff!

Pros

This software makes scheduling staff so much easier, my favorite feature is the weekly view tool created to schedule staff while also tracking their hours for you!

Cons

I work in the catering field and you never really know the exact time an employee will leave, so you still have to pull a report to get an exact amount of hours worked. Would just be nice if the weekly view could update that time adjust. Do not dislike anything!

Jessica from Kaspars Catering

Review from the Hospitality Industry

It's been a super great experience!

Pros

With Nowsta, it's so user friendly! During the pandemic, everyone at the office has been forced to work from home and Nowsta has made it so easy to keep track of hours! During normal functioning things, it's easy for our staff to clock in and out at different events, which is super helpful for correct pay roll.

Cons

I don't think I've run into any issues so far that would call for improvement from an employee stand point

Nate from Q Audio Visual

What a difference this makes

Pros

Multi event view and the calendar view are absolute essential and I don't know why it took so long to find something like this.

Cons

Should be an ADMIN mobile app!! Lack of import features regarding, venues and clients, Must have a driver position that can see across events as one shift,

Christina from Foodz Catering

New User But Already In Love

Pros

I love how it displays information in a way that is easily accessible to different levels of employees. When so many people are trying to communicate, Nowsta bridges the gap and prevents confusion.

Cons

Some of the administrative settings were difficult to find, such as giving a user admin privileges.