What are Nowsta users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Nowsta software through verified user reviews

• icon"The product is overall very clear, clever, and clean."
  • icon"I love how user friendly and easy to use it it. The customer service is great-- shout out to Aimee."
  • icon"Scheduling staff for events is a breeze. With multiple events displayed at once, we can click and drag staff to the event best suited for them."
  • icon"Pulls wrong time some time, confusion with addresses."
  • icon"The app can be sluggish. You need either WIFI connection or available data to connect to the app."
  • icon"There needs to be an offline mode in the time clock app for locations that have no service."

Browse all Nowsta Reviews

• Have you used Nowsta and would like to share your experience with others?

Amanda

This app has been game changing for how we communicate with staff.

Pros

I like the ease of use as a Coordinator. My time spent scheduling has shrunk majorly, leaving me more time to focus on recruiting, on-boarding and training. The calendar makes it really easy for me to see what my week looks like. The sorting function help me isolate events to more easily see events. Even the color and font choices used in the apps is pleasing to the eye! The support from the Nowsta team has been amazing. They always respond within minutes through their direct messaging function and not only resolve the issue, but are a blast to work with. It's been a year that we have used the software and there have been endless improvements to functionality. They have expanded the system in many ways, allowing us to change our payroll functions and save money. Many times, we have seen areas for improvement, have sent the Nowsta team suggestions and then seen the tweaks in the app a few weeks later. The team at Nowsta is the ultimate example of continuous improvement. My staff really enjoys using the app and it has actually been a help in hiring as well. I mention it during the interview and I have seen candidates' faces light up with excitement that we schedule with such a convenient form of communication.

Cons

The timeclock function on the app can be buggy and not record proper times, but I let the Nowsta team know and it's usually fixed right away. It's also an easy fix as a Coordinator, to adjust the times on the desktop.

Brian

Tailor-made for the industry

Super easy to use. Intuitive interface.

Pros

This was exactly the solution we were looking for. As a caterer with multiple locations (including new ones), different size/time/types of events, Nowsta allows the flexibility needed while communicating the way our team wants to communicate.

Cons

We love it! Support is always listening for new feature suggestions.

Reasons for choosing Nowsta

Celayix felt dated and wasn't built with the flexibility we needed for different sites/times/staffing models.

Ranita

December 2021

easy to excess

Using for 5 months, feeling comfortable and get information about report, time & attendance.

Pros

making labor report everyday by using Nowsta app

Cons

Time & Attending for clock in-clock out by mobile excess

Marina

Seamless from Scheduling to Time and Attendance

Nowsta has saved us a lot of time scheduling staff and exporting the time and attendance data for payroll.

Pros

We like the time clock app that our managers can download to clock in our staff anywhere. The ease of requesting staff, sending messages, etc. through the platform is great.

Cons

We are eagerly awaiting a way for our staff to communicate back to us through the app. Currently, it is only one-way messaging outward.

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

Didn't like the user interface, and maybe pricing (can't recall).

Mary Nell

April 2022

We love Nowsta!

We quickly schedule, clock-in, keep track, and communicate with staff via Nowsta. It's a huge improvement from our previous platform

Pros

Ease of use. Great for both the admin and user. Interface is user-friendly. Customer support is awesome.

Cons

Integrations need a bit more improvement. Reports could also have more options for extract more specific information.

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

mobile app, interface, ability to clock in, reporting

Emily

Makes scheduling a breeze

Nowsta is by far the most efficient and user friendly scheduling and time clock software that I have ever used! The customer support staff are awesome and respond very quickly when needed. Thank you!!

Pros

My favorite feature of Nowsta is the ability to publish available shifts to prequalified employees. I save so much time and send far less emails and text messages!

Cons

Some improvements could be made on the weekly view section. It is sometimes challenging to read the overall schedule for all departments, and there is not a way to easily print the schedule. Also, copying shifts should be faster. Maybe like a copy & paste function.

Response from Nowsta

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so glad you are loving Nowsta!

Replied June 2021

Johnny

We Rely On Nowsta Daily!

Great service & tool for the hospitality industry.

Pros

I love how user friendly the design is. It allows us to keep one system controlling all staff.

Cons

More of a user problem, but it can still be difficult to get team members to respond. We are still following up with texts etc.

Laura

April 2022

Excellent Product

The customer service has been excellent!!

Pros

This helps keep our event schedules organized and detailed.

Cons

That you can’t use multiple emails within (I use it for 3 different jobs and they all have to use my personal email account).

December 2021

Scheduling Software You Need that your Grandma could use

Nowsta is always very quick to respond to questions. I feel like they really listen to their customers and take our enhancement requests seriously.

Pros

Nowsta is a full service scheduling program that integrates with our catering software. It is an amazing tool for scheduling different levels of staff for multiple events at multiple locations. But it does not stop at the scheduling step. Nowsta is also our time clock and produces all the reports we need for direct import into our payroll system. It even allows our employees to cash out prior to our regular payroll date. Nowsta is also a fantastic data bank for our employee records and it has great tools for communicating with our entire staff at one time and/or the staff of a specific event. We used to have a program for scheduling, one for time and attendance, and none for employee communication. Now we have Nowsta and we love it!

Cons

I do not like the mileage feature in Time and Attendance. It is based on time instead of distance. I would love for Nowsta to be able to calculate the driving distance from an employee's home to the venue they are working at so we could compensate for miles driven. Also our tips are often not received until after an event has taken place. I'd like to have a way of entering tip income for employees when we get it but still have it associated with the event they worked.

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

Previous product was quickly going out of date and not enhancing their product. Nowsta offered a lot more functionality.

Monique

Great software Easy to use

Pros

The ease of use is awesome. I love being able to see everything for the event in one place. It make it easier for our employees when we attach document to the event rather then email them.

Cons

When you print a time sheet is shows the shift in a different order then on the dashboard. I would love the ability to classify employees in more then just two ways active or in active

Ryan

March 2022

All I'll Ever Use for Scheduling

I love it! Orientation of new employees is a breeze because I can just screen mirror my phone up on a monitor and go over all of our expectations.

Pros

Nowsta is extremely intuitive and easy to use. It makes my job significantly easier, and our team really appreciates its user-friendly nature.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like.

Larry

Nowsta review

A+

Pros

The Nowsta Team is remarkable and very willing to customize.

Cons

Nothing except we don’t have enough business now to use it to its fullest capacity.

Reasons for choosing Nowsta

Very simply it was the people of Nowsta and their inclusive approach to collaborate with their clients.

Timothy

Industry: Broadcast Media

Simple. Effective. Perfect.

Pros

The ease of use. We used a very complicate4d scheduling system previously that never worked right and didn't connect to to google calendars. This does and its fantastic.

Cons

The one thing I think it can improve is the ability to make unavailability an option. Right now you can only make when you ARE available. But sometimes you need to say I am unavailable from this time to this time. AS opposed to marking availability around your unavailability.

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

Show Manager sucked and was way too expensive.

Giuseppe

February 2022

Enjoy Your Party Inc / Nowsta Review

Pretty good. From sales to set up. Everyone was very helpful and professional

Pros

Its ease of use and price point were perfect for my company

Cons

my staff are having a hard time getting use to the new system

Reasons for choosing Nowsta

Affordability, quicker implementation. Was pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

Celeste

Great and easy App

Since using the Nowsta app its been a lot easier to book weekly jobs Overall Great App to use for your company

Pros

Numerous things but the main thing is that employees can get paid 24 to 48 hours after they're shift is approved.

Cons

I didn't like that I couldn't send out a weekly timesheet, but later this was resolved and now we can send out a weekly timesheet.

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

We liked the fact that employees can get paid within 24 to 48 hours after a shift is approved.

Monica

Saves time to book staff

We are a catering company and we use Nowsta for time and attendance for our in-house staff as well as our staff working off-site events out in the field. We love the ability to see how far away the staff member clocks in. Having the captains able to clock in and out the staff is a plus for staff who forgets their phone or is late and doesn't clock in.

Pros

Scheduling staff for events is a breeze. With multiple events displayed at once, we can click and drag staff to the event best suited for them. The report showing a spreadsheet as to the average number of minutes it takes staff to confirm events and the percentage that staff says yes to working an event helps us with prioritizing our staff based on their response. Approving staff on the Time and Attendance page is very easy and the screen is clear to see their times worked. Scheduling staff for the different departments works well .

Cons

Sometimes if the address of the location is not an exact address then the embedded gps map may send the staff to an incorrect location. The app works poorly on some older model cell phones. I haven't found a way to note when staff is on vacation to block those days so they are not accidentally added to the schedule.

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

Changed to Nowsta to expand our availability to clock in and out in the field, with staff using the app on their phone. Our accounting office said Nowsta was a better fit for payroll.

Melissa

Nowsta truly transformed our catering companies staffing operations!

Nowsta has eliminated our need for paper/hand written shift times, confusion over who was at what event and for how long, wondering what was the pay for that particular shift and the need to spend countless hours calculating every employees hours/pay come payroll time. Most of all, Nowsta has connected all our employees and with the app, given each the convenance of handheld information. Oh, and Nowsta integrates with our catering software Caterease which was our biggest selling point because we only have to enter event information once and it is transferred over to Nowsta with all the details needed for the employees. From a Caterers view point, I do not think there is anything else out there that can come close to Nowsta for us. So happy we made the move to Nowsta and there's no turning back!

Pros

From an Admin stand point, I love how Nowsta is so easy to edit; staff information, times, position costs, literally everything! I love the availability checks that can go out as whatever I want, they do not have to be attached to an event. I love the multiple ways that I can inform my staff of shifts available via shifts requests and publishing to a first come first serve deal. It's so easy to make announcements to staff members who are scheduled for event shifts. Staff members get notified instantly of any event changes. I can set preferences to where I receive emails every time a staff member accepts/declines a shift, when new events are entered into Nowsta (we have the Caterease interface), when staff members do not clock into their shifts on time and so on. I could go on and on... From an employees stand point, Nowsta gives me all the information that I need for an event. Its linked with Google Maps and with one click, I get GPS directions to my event. I can get notifications of upcoming events I am scheduled for. I clock in and out with my phone, no company timeclock box needed. I can easily add breaks to my shift. I can clock into an unscheduled shift, like for kitchen/office staff members who work daily yet do not have schedule kitchen or office hours. It is soooo easy! Makes everything soooo easy!! Hands down the BEST Customer service crew I have ever worked with! I love chatting with them even tho I try not to have to. :)

Cons

The only thing at the moment that I wish Nowsta could do is have flat rate delivery options. I currently use normal staffing hours to calculate deliveries but they should be flat rates that do not affect employees hours but we make it work. Looking forward to the upgrade that includes flat rate fees.

Alisha

Overall, this program has been a lifesaver and has drastically improved our staffing process.

Pros

I have been using the software for over 2 years now and have seen it develop into the great product that it is today. What I like most is that the Nowsta team is dedicated to really understanding the needs of their end users and developing a system that is perfect for event industry professionals. We have been able to really cut down on overtime in every department, have a much higher response rate from staff who are receiving offers to work, and management is able to track hours and run payroll reports much more efficiently with this system in place. The many different levels of permissions allow me to customize what each person using the system is able to see and access in the system. My Sales team can see schedules, but not pay rates and are not able to adjust times/ shifts. Department head can see pay rates, and enter schedules, but are not able to create or remove another admin user. Event staff can not access the admin portal at all. There are many great features that this system has that several others on the market simply do not consider or offer, and I would highly recommend taking a look at it if you are not already a user.

Cons

As with any system that is still in development, there are still a few hick ups in the program. The Nowsta team works diligently to iron out the kinks but this causes the system to go down for unexpected periods of time and staff is unable to clock in/out.

Intuitive scheduling for catering events

We are saving 1-2 hrs per week making the schedule and at least 10 hrs a week of admin time that used to be spent texting, calling etc. Now it's all centralized with more control delegated to captains, etc.

Pros

Great customer support team with active development on a best in class platform with a solid codebase to support future iterations. App recently modernized and continued improvements in reporting allow for oversight and quantitative analysis

Cons

Doesn't include payroll, but it syncs with many others! Only real con I can think of

Reasons for choosing Nowsta

It does what it does the best of any. Others can't even comprehend what an event is.

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

Nowsta is built for the events industry. Nothing else comes close

Game changer

Great! From when we were first introduced to Nowsta through now, it has been a GREAT experience.

Pros

The Nowsta software provides such an easy way to communicate with staff. Scheduling offsite events is about communication. Nowsta provides a platform where everyone can speak the same language when scheduling or receiving a schedule.

Cons

Hard to think about what I don't like. As soon as there is something that seems off the engineers are on it

Reasons for choosing Nowsta

The final decision was based on ease of use and its custom ability to schedule to an event rather than an individual.

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

The Ready Set Work software was dying more than it was growing. Nowsta's progressive approach to understanding a caterers needs seemed custom fit to what we were looking for in scheduling software.

Aaron

Very Pleased!

Scheduling is much easier and the user interface is easy to use and understand.

Pros

Nowsta easily integrates with other systems that make scheduling events a breeze for our company. The interface is extremely user friendly and is not cumbersome like many other systems that have been used in the past.

Cons

There needs to be an attendance (point based) system in place that keeps track of an employee calling in, being late, etc. Progressive attendance based systems are important for companies where hourly employees are expected to maintain an acceptable level of attendance. I would like to see a system added to Nowsta in the future that will make it easy to track attendance so employees can be held accountable for poor attendance.

UKG Ready

Cameron

A world of difference, leagues beyond the next in line.

The employees can see exactly how lucrative shifts are, and easily sign up for shifts. Requesting staff is so simple, and scheduling them is even simpler. I can't say enough good things about the ease of access.

Pros

The accessibility is so optimized, it takes only two minutes to get someone up to speed on how to use it. The metrics it tracks, and volume of information readily available to both employees and admins is second to none.

Cons

The live-update features occasionally don't work, and you'll need to reload to see changes. It's not a big issue, it's just that they occasionally do work, so you usually just need to refresh to make sure.

Reasons for choosing Nowsta

Ease of use, polished look, wide variety of accessibility and features, along with the vast reporting features.

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

ADP is a colossal mess. It's an unnecessarily gargantuan program that feels like it's been raised from 2002's post-dotcom boom era web applications.

Bob

Great Product, Great Customer Service

I can't say enough about this platform. I've personally recommended it to other companies in our industry and can't imagine ever changing. From start to finish, the software is easy to use/learn, provides great analytics and the customer service far exceeds expectations.

Pros

We love being able to create and assign numerous roles and hourly rates to our team members; the timeclock tablet feature is great for onsite clocking in and out and the tracking/reporting tools are incredibly useful for budgeting purposes as well as budget to actual comparisons. There are just so many great features to this software and it continues to improve.

Cons

I don't believe there is anything that we like least about the software but this is more of a wish list in that we wish we could house more employee information. Again, this is not the purpose of the software but to have it all in one central location would be super convenient.

Reasons for switching to Nowsta

More functionality, more reporting and budgeting tools, and much easier to use and integrate with our other systems.

Cristina

Nowsta streamlined our event staffing

Nowsta has truly streamlined staffing our events. It's cut back on hours we spent on the front end and really helped our staff easily accept or decline shifts in an app. It was also a huge help to pay staff immediately versus waiting for our 2 week pay system via check. Staff seem to really love this option even with the fee.

Pros

Nowsta streamlined our event staffing through the app and the way we communicate with our crew. It's been a game changer for us.

Cons

We have been using Nowsta since it launched. The tech support has been wonderful at reviewing our feedback and making changes that really helped the app and our team use it. The software has had issues from time to time but it's always been resolved. The only downside on our end was setting up a direct bank debit weekly versus our original bi-weekly pay system.

Reasons for choosing Nowsta

I had searched for something like this for 2 years and came across Nowsta. We setup a video call and setup the app and started using it that week. Before this we used emails, calls and texts to book staff.

February 2022

Best Entertainment Crewing Software

This software allows us work with an ever-changing employee pool to staff entertainment events. It is easy to set-up events, add employees to shifts, and be able to customize most aspects of the crewing process to meet our client's needs. It is also very convenient to have timesheets and employee attendance integrated in the same software as our calendar and crewing.

Pros

Nowsta is great for real-time staffing, planning upcoming events for clients, and for tracking attendance and employee times. I've worked with several different software packages over the past 5 years, and this is the one that I'm going to stick with because it does everything I need it to in a user-friendly way.

Cons

I would like to be able to add a little more customization to employee pay rates (not only by position, but by client as well). It would also be helpful to be able to customize overtime rules a little more.

Response from Nowsta

Hi Jennifer, Just following up here to let you know that you can create custom pay rates on a per client basis. Here is a link to an article that explains how to set these up. https://community.nowsta.com/en/articles/3038105-how-to-add-custom-client-pay-rates-and-bill-rates If you have any questions - please let us know at support@nowsta.com

Replied February 2022