• Pros

• "Easy to set up on the basic things. Lots of feature and customer service is great. Reply back fast with great help. "

• "Very user friendly. There are prompts for when I may have made a mistake in my entries, and it has kept me from making those mistakes! "

• "Very easy to put hours in and submit payroll. Love that the taxes are withdrawn and done for you. Love customer service. "

• Cons

• "Setting up the Quickbooks export was rather difficult and time-consuming, but fortunately the OnPay support staff was there to walk me through the steps."

• "Does not deposit as fast as I thought. Lots of features to study and understand. User face graphics not that great. "

• "there are no cons that I have encountered at this time, except that I can't sign in through our cloud at the office, but that's no big deal"

Browse OnPay Reviews

Lisa from iCap Equity

Great Payroll System

Great tool that is affordable and easy to use!

Pros

What I like most about OnPay is how easy it is to use the tool. I do not have a payroll background and I was able to figure out how to process payroll with getting frustrated. It's very intuitive and easy to use. I also like that chat functionality. They respond instantly and are incredibly knowledgeable/helpful.

Cons

I wish we could integrate it with our HRIS platform so I wouldn't have to switch between 2 different systems to process payroll (401k contributions and approve non-exempt time cards, etc.)

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

CFO liked OnPay's cost and functionality better than Gusto.

Craig from Integrity Bookkeeping Services

Wish all software was this easy

Onpay has streamlined the payroll process for me. I run my clients payroll in a fraction of the time and for a fraction of the cost.

Pros

The ease of setup, integration, and running payroll. They have simplified the process. Also the price is a fraction of other payroll companies.

Cons

There are a few features i would like to see added, such as automatic payroll.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Paychex is very difficult to integrate with QBO and cost considerably more.

Going down hill fast

They used to be good. I have been them for 3-4 years Customer service knew what they are doing, there were not glitches, basically hassle free payroll. Starting September or October, we started having issues here and there. First features would get added ( and we start using them ) and then disappear. Taxes are not being filed on time or at all ( I have called them, talked to them on the phone about this multiple times ) . Integrations appear and disappear and i have to keep syncing things. Have to map quickbook chart of accounts again for every payroll item. It's been a NIGHTMARE. It's literally a nightmare. I am looking at other companies and now willing to pay more. The function to upload payroll data comes and disappears right before the payroll and then it takes one day to add it and then again it disappears We have a collection notice from our state because of these guys. Every time, i message them / email them, either they don't respond or when i talk to them on the phone they act like i am a dumb. They are terrible.

Pros

Cheaper price than many but I would rather pay more for a job to get done well.

Cons

on collection notice from state dep of rev because of them Non responsive Customer service ( someone will talk to you but don't get things done ) Customer service not knowledgeable ( gave me wrong information several times ) Glitch y integrations with other platforms ( you can only use WhenIWork ) Glitch y software in general Features appearing and disappearing

Response from OnPay

Replied January 2020

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback, and I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a better experience. Though tax mistakes are uncommon, when a tax notice does happen our Customer Experience team is here to help resolve everything. We'd be happy to look into the issues you mention and make sure everything runs smoothly. We have also expanded our integration offerings, which may be of interest. If you message us your company name or email, we'll reach out to help!

Amy from MOSTe MOTIVATING OUR STUDENTS THROUGH EXPERIENCE

Full function, clear UX, low cost

Overall, it's been very positive. They have what our organization needs at a good price, and are easy to use.

Pros

I chose OnPay because they offered an easy-to-use QSEHRA designation, which our previous provider SurePayroll did not. I am tremendously pleased with OnPay. The page layouts are clear, reasonably intuitive and very easy to set up, and they keep introducing smart upgrades which make tools even easier to find. They also have excellent customer service, by chat, phone, or email.

Cons

It could be clearer to set up PTO/vacation/sick policies. I also don't know why I can't delete double notifications when employees get paid.

Price and ease of use.

Donald from DLJTAX LLC

OnPay software worked well for microbusinesses with little knowledge about payroll and payroll taxes

I no longer provide payroll services or payroll tax preparation services to my clients. In an environment where payroll tax requirements are rapidly changing, such as the new W-4 form, it is helpful for me to offload client payroll processing to a cloud-based payroll service provider. Yet, I can still occasionally check in to help clients if there are any concerns.

Pros

The software was very easy to use. I'm a CPA who converted my clients who process payroll to this software. The change went well. I received good support when I needed it. My clients, some of whom have very limited knowledge about processing payroll and payroll taxes, made the change and are doing well. Where support was required the OnPay staff worked with my clients, or with me to accomplish the goal.

Cons

This change-over was done in December to be effective with the new year. Sometimes there was some difficulty processing the first weekly payroll which overlapped both years, but was paid in the new year. Ultimately OnPay support helped us work through the issues.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

The price was less and the product appeared easier to use which was very important to my clients who only had 1 or 2 employees.

Michael from LuMind IDSC Foundation

Great Value: Good user interface, easy to set-up, easy to run payrolls, very good support

Very good. I've implemented now for 2 organizations

Pros

Good user interface easy to set-up easy to run payroll very good support Quickbooks integration

Cons

A few of the minor category/code fields are not as easy to set-up A fully user-defined reporting interface would be great (specific fields/payroll items, options on how to subtotal, date range, export capability)

Great Value, good software interface

Kimball from Radius Capital Management, LLC

Powerful and easy to use

Pros

In the past, running payroll (with Quickbooks and Paycor) was always an arduous task, but not so with OnPay. Now it takes me under five minutes to process the monthly payroll using the intuitive OnPay web interface.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

OnPay is a simpler and more appropriate product for a small company (one employee) such as mine.

Charles from Esperantic Studies Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

My On Pay Experience

I needed a reasonably priced product to pay one employee and to do forms 1099 at the end of the year. On Pay was perfect for the very small public foundation I am the executive director for.

Pros

1. It is easy and quick to use. 2. I like that I can use it to generate forms 1099 at the end of the year.

Cons

Better instructions on how to use On Pay to send Form 1099 when the supplier was paid by check on not by On Pay.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

I evaluated it to have the best value for money for my need.

Rachel from Intertron Industries Inc

Stress free

Pros

It is very easy to use and understand. I have only needed customer service for set up.

Cons

Havent found anything yet, so I guess Ill let you know when I do.

Matthew from Shasta Development

Best Payroll Service Around

Pros

Great software and excellent customer support. They went above and beyond to resolve an issue I had on my end as well. Wish I’d switched from Quickbooks payroll years ago to onpay.

Cons

None that I’ve had. They’ve been excellent

Kenton from Senseeker Engineering Inc.

Industry: Semiconductors

Easy to use and great value

We have had a good experience with OnPay. There are very few issues or errors and, when there are issues, the OnPay team has solved them in an expedient manner. Over the years we have realized significant cost savings due to the ease of use of OnPay. General business or managerial staff can easily run the system instead of paying a service or hiring a payroll professional to manage payroll for larger groups.

Pros

OnPay is easy to use with an intuitive interface. It was a good product for a small company of just a couple people and it has continued to work for us as we approach 20 people. It is also reasonably priced and does not overwhelm users and administrators with too much complexity.

Cons

The thing we like least about OnPay is the way paid time off (PTO) accrual growth is calculated. We grow PTO accrual every year of employment up to 20 years and that requires employees to be moved into new PTO growth categories every three years. We could just choose to do our PTO differently, but we wish OnPay had the PTO growth flexibility to accommodate our preferred methods.

Miriam from Dallas Diabetes and Endocrine Center

Great (probably the best) online payroll service

I really love this online payroll service. After a lot of research of a variety of payroll options, we moved from Paychex to OnPay a couple of years ago and it was absolutely the right move. I can't speak for large companies, but for small and medium sized companies I do believe this is the best, most reliable and most economical service available.

Pros

I run a small business and onpay is perfect for processing our payroll. Some of the features we love: 1) Easy to use interface 2) Employees enter all their own bank information, withholdings, etc. 2) Employees can log in to download their own tax forms, details of previous pay runs, etc. (I don't need to print or distribute these forms or information.) 3) Onpay takes care of all the appropriate taxes, etc. 4) Although I am on a biweekly pay cycle, I can run a payroll whenever I want. (For instance, I can make a separate holiday bonus run) 5) I can easily switch between paper checks or direct deposit if needed 6) It's easy to adjust an employees pay or add other categories of payment 7) Great customer support. Whenever I have had a question or needed assistance, I have had the answer pleasantly and quickly 8) It's a great value and you get what is promised. I don't get any emails asking me to purchase other services or upgrade or other things that I don't need. 9) The transition from our previous payroll service to Onpay was easy and seamless.

Cons

When I am out of the country, I have a hard time running payroll. I know this has to do with internet security, but I wish there was a straight-forward way to accommodate this issue.

Raquel from Pioneer Health and Missions

Industry: Printing

Payroll Is Now A Breeze

OnPay has made doing payroll enjoyable. They are quick to answer questions or concerns. They do the filings for multiple states for the same price. They will even do the year end reports like W-2s and W-3s. The ease of use is exceptional.

Pros

What I like the most is the employee portal option, as well as the ease of pulling payroll tax reports. It's very easy to make changes as needed to employees profiles.

Cons

What I like least is the function to pay Paid time off, or any other benefit, it's not as intuitive to use it. It took me a little while to figure it out.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

OnPay provided services for all 50 states, they did all the filings at a flat rate, and their prices were unbeatable!

You should be using this payroll service!

I have an employee with two local city withholdings and a school district withholding that I thought I was going to have to manually withhold for---turns out that a few minutes with online chat support is all it took to get Onpay to handle it.

Pros

Easy to Use Great Support Inexpensive Handles multiple local withholdings easily Saves me a lot of time dealing with multiple tax filings

Cons

I didn't like that there might be multiple w-2 forms for one person in some cases, but honestly it wasn't a big deal to just add them together for tax prep.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Ease of use and low cost.

Danielle from SquareTail Advisors, LLC

Easy to Implement and Train

The customer service is amazing when you have an issue.

Pros

We recommend this software to our clients because of the ease of use, and inexpensive cost. The QBO integration saves hours of manual data entry.

Cons

The PTO accruals were not really straight forward

Ease of use and cost

Steve from Mic's Pub, Latonia KY

Industry: Restaurants

Simple Payroll

When I was starting up on OnPay, I had a couple of questions. I used their customer service and received instant help. They've been very easy to work with.

Pros

This software is one of the easiest to setup and use. All taxes are handled for me. W-2's are created and mailed. Simple, simple simple. The best part about OnPay is that I don't need to do any paperwork. I just enter the hours and print the checks.

Cons

The only con I have is in setting up a new employee. It forces me to use the federal minimum wage if the person is an hourly employee. Because our employees receive tips, we pay less than the minimum wage. That forces me to create another payment option and to make sure I don't accidentally use the default.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Price and easy of setup and use.

Marc from Wellspring

OnPay payroll software

We are pretty basic as to what we use OnPay for. Mostly running payroll for salaried and hourly employees, tax reporting, and using OnPays standard reports. OnPay does all those things very well and easily. But we don't use it for much additional tracking, but from my use of it OnPay does those basic things very well and is easy to use.

Pros

What I like most about OnPay is that it is very full featured regarding Internal reports, Tax reporting and affordability. I like that it is priced by how many employees each month and not the number of runs or transactions. I can make extra payroll runs employee reimbursements during the month without any extra charges. It is quite easy to use and covers most of our needs. Customer support is great and very responsive. The standard reports meet our needs well and have quite a few "filtering" features to customize them.

Cons

There is not much to dislike, really. Maybe adding and employee can be a laid out a little differently. At times it seems a little confusing. Tax reporting for Michigan and Detroit there are some odd or quirky requirements for workers comp, minimum wage, which we do work-arounds, but this handles it.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Affordability and pricing, comprehensive standard reports, ease of use.

Peter from IB Services Inc

OnPay satisfaction

The big problem solved over the previous provider experience is the quality of customer service. Instead of being handed from 'specialist' to 'specialist', and putting up with constant confusion, mis communication and errors, OnPay are just on it. When you talk or communicate with OnPay you communicate with a real person who knows their business, what your business needs, their software, and who won't stop working with you personally until you are completely happy.

Pros

Visually intuitive platform that takes what is a central admin process from functional to pleasurable. OnPay offers simple, clear, visually attractive navigation for both the admins and the employees. Multiple reports options with the same visual simplicity and clarity, all easily sharable and usable. By comparison to the alternative payroll software we used prior, OnPay feels like its been designed by users, and not by accounting mechanics.

Cons

The OnPay software just works, if there are problems, or least likes, can't think of anything significant.

Will from The Wizard of Paws Pet Salon

I haven't used any other payroll software, but that's because OnPay has proven to be excellent.

OnPay does everything I need from a payroll perspective, from onboarding through WA State L&I taxes & federal payroll taxes. It makes being a business owner so much simpler than some of the payroll horror stories I've heard.

Pros

It's web-based, so I can access it from anywhere. This is a big benefit as I'm not always at the shop when I need to add an employee or check out if someone has PTO or something to that effect. The price is fantastic and the support has been superb. I've had to open a couple of support tickets due to issues I had early on with not understanding how to do payroll (brand new business owner) and they've been phenomenal. Very fast support response and they're always helpful.

Cons

It's likely not so much a con against OnPay as it is against payroll in general, but the process was a little confusing at first. Figuring out which payroll items to use for things like QSEHRA wasn't immediately obvious, but looking through the Knowledge Base or asking their support team I was eventually able to figure it out. This did mean I needed to make some retroactive corrections which OnPay was able to handle for me.

LIZ from MAPLE FLOWER FARM

Industry: Farming

Great Payroll Done with the Least Amount of Problems

I have worked with accounting firms in the past. They are expensive and required more 'hands - on' than was convenient. Hiring an accounting firm was always more expensive. On Pay is a brilliant setup that is as easy-as-pie. However, if I need any questions answered they are immediate with response and help.

Pros

Using the On Pay interface was very easy and logical. It took me no time to pay my employees. The format is easy to navigate and the setup is quite user friendly. I like that I need not fuss with taxes and other payroll distributions. It is all done right here. My employees get direct deposit and end of year tax documentation. I get a running narrative of where I stand at anytime I wish, as pertains to payroll.

Cons

I have yet to find fault with On Pay. Any questions or help was very quickly offered. Being in agriculture has its own areas of tax and qualifications, and On Pay was ready to go with what I needed.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

I researched what was available online - On Pay was my 1st and only choice. I am grateful for this brilliant company. My payroll is now a breezy thing to deal with.

JONATHAN from Law Office

Industry: Law Practice

Very Pleased with OnPay

All good. I would (and have) recommend OnPay.

Pros

OnPay seems to be a great payroll provider for me and my business. I am a small shop (solo attorney), so cost is a concern as well as accuracy and reliability in my payroll and tax filings. OnPay has not disappointed me. Their customer service team has been able to deal promptly with the few issues that have arisen and has adapted to my local taxing bureau. Their service reps have been available for prompt responses to my inquiries no matter how small. Bringing on new employees is pretty seamless as is generating year-end or quarterly reports as needed.

Cons

I don't like the auto-reply that says they've received my email and they'll reply. Kind of annoying. Also, the two day float for ACH debits is a bit of a lag, but I understand why they must do it.

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Pricing; small size feel of the company.

Jasha from Cultreri - Geophysics

This software does exactly what I need - Pay folks, keep track of the taxes.

I don't have to learn and keep up with tax laws. I don't have to pay Kelly Services to keep up with payroll for a single part time employee. It's super easy to use and my employee gets notice that payroll has been processed as soon as I submit it. We use direct deposit and employee loves that. The software saves me time and money and gets the job done right with almost no effort on my part.

Pros

I run a small business with one part-time employee. Onpay is easy to use for weekly pay. They pay my employee, allowing her to split between checking and savings. They make the deductions required by law and do the filings. In essence, they do everything except enter the time my employee worked each week. It's very, very easy to use. Useful reports are available when they are needed. I've not used customer support, that's why I rated it 3 stars.

Cons

The initial set up took a little effort, and I remembering it being not real clear. I have not had any other problems.

CORISSA from Springside Bookkeeping LLC

More bang for your buck

Pros

Easy to set up and transfer employee and company info from previous payroll service providers. I like that the tax filing service is already included in the cost. I'm paying $680 a year for Intuit payroll and I have to file all the taxes for my clients. OnPay is roughly $480 a year and everything is done for you and you get much better customer service. I am telling all my new and existing clients about OnPay!

Cons

The biggest downfall so far is linking payroll to intuit QuickBooks for the payroll data entry. I also dislike their emailing strings; there are several people engaging in your email string and it gets a little confusing and is easy to overlook an email. Lastly, OnPay should offer a referrals program!!

alicia from Murphy Crane Service Inc

Industry: Machinery

Worth it!!!

Overall experience with OnPay has been wonderful. We have been with OnPay for about one year now. The ease of knowing that the deductions, withdrawals, taxes etc does not have to be done by myself, is fabulous! Customer service is on point! OnPays chat team replies in seconds. Very informative. They lead you to the right directions. Being a small business, The price is very reasonable for All they have to offer. I’ll be keeping them for a long time. And I highly recommend OnPay.

Pros

Cons

The only thing I think was a bit of getting used to were trying to navigate to find the right tax papers etc. But with help you do get used to it. Also, there was a problem with payroll being processed twice within two minutes from each other. There should have been a pop up stating you already processed a payroll. Do you want this one also ?

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Just that it was for small businesses and we didn’t need much more than that. The price was reasonable. Very attentive.

Bruce from Accra Manufacturing

It works as long as it works. If theres a compilation go ahead and cancel the account.

Pros

Dashboard right online where I can customize all my payroll calculations. I can handle everything from the my laptop.

Cons

You get what you pay for. Onpay is an inexpensive solution to payroll needs for a small business. Sometimes it can be difficult to get a good accountant to take on a small account. It was perfect as far as scale goes and its a really brilliant concept. The trouble came when my state Department of Revenue blocked Onpay from fileing my payroll taxes. There did seem to be a legitimate issue and I am convinced that the guys and gals at Onpay were taking the correct steps to file my taxes but "shockingly" there seemed to be some incompetence on part of my state government. So why am I disappointed in Onpay? When they were unable to make the filing on my behalf they informed me of the difficulty and asked me to verify the information I provided. I was back and forth with the State and Onpay multiple times. Reassured the information was correct... Informed it still didn't work... this cycle played out two or three times. This is the point at which I feel Onpay failed me as a customer. Instead of reaching out and assigning A resolution specialist to run this thing to ground, they let me out to dry. because I messed around trying to get Onpay to help me resolve the issue I am now incurring penalties and am faced with paying a tax profesionals consulting fee to work the tangles out of my tax filings. My advice, go local where you can sit down with the pro and let he or she shepherd you through the maze.

Shannyn from Hyland Advisors, LLC

OnPay Review

OnPay is fantastic. I can't imagine you will be disappointed with their outstanding service.

Pros

I have been using OnPay for my company's payroll needs since November 2016 and it is fantastic. It is one stop shopping for all of my payroll needs from the overall functionality of the system to the payroll and tax reports the system prepares (and files) on my behalf. But my most favorite feature of this system is their chat functionality. When I am running payroll or have questions, they are always available to me and help me with my questions and issues. They walk me through every step and sometimes even suggest a phone call to help me with my issues. I've never been left w any issue outstanding. It is fantastic.

Cons

My accountant doesn't love the way the data exports out of the OnPay system into my Quickbooks company file.

Wesley from Kelly Wes, LLC

Great UI, Easy to reach Customer Service, Dependable

Pros

The user interface is easy to use. I simply plug in the payroll hours and after a few steps I'm done. I don't have to worry about figuring out taxes, unemployment, etc. It also takes of my W2's at the end of the year. When I need help, I can chat via messenger or email them and I get a response in a day or so. Its also the cheapest I have found. Everyone I worked with has always been really nice. I have saved a lot of time.

Cons

More reports using charts instead of just numbers. Being able to compare previous years to see how your doing in comparison. Its very possible that this is already implemented and I just have not figured it out. It would be nice to have a Clock in - and Clock out program attached to this so that I do not have to do it on a separate program.

Cynthia from Praesideo Management, LLC

OnPay has been fantastic!

I've only used onpay for the basic payroll functions, but it has simplified the process for me. I do the payroll for 5 different companies and it's so easy to switch between them and take care of them all at once. I love the low fees and that I can run multiple payrolls a month for the same fee amount. I also like that it's easy to quickly cancel and resubmit a payroll when I realized I forgot to include a new employee's deduction.

Pros

OnPay is super easy to use. It's easy to navigate the website and to access reports. Everything is laid out easily, so you know what information you need to include and how to input it in the software as you're setting up the company, adding employees, and running payrolls. Anytime I've had a question, I've been able to chat online with a customer service agent and get immediate direction on how to do something.

Cons

There's nothing that I really don't like about the software. Everything is straightforward and easy to use.

Good Choice for a Small Business Service Provider

As a small business, OnPay has served my payroll needs affordably which I really appreciate as ever penny matters. And the service they provide is great. I feel alot better working things through with them as the stress goes away if I thought I made a mistake I can't fix.

Pros

Payroll is very new for me to do and I needed support. OnPay reviewed well, but their service has been great. Very timely when I send or call asking for help as often I didn't know what to do. The reps would walk me through it and problem solved (as well as the stress considering I'm in CA which has a lot of rules to follow). Cost structure is fair as I pay the base price then only for the employees who have worked for me that month which is really nice as my business is seasonal.

Cons

Sometimes working through the different tabs is hard then to find the report I want to create the filter. It takes getting used to and some hits & misses. Or the pay structure is flexible in some parts and other ways not in how I use it. But compared to other services, their pay structure is way more flexible.

Connie from J & C Glass Works

Saves a lot of time and stress

There was some initial confusion with the Fed and State agencies over authorization to file reports, but it was cleared up quickly. All of the tax payments have been accurate and prompt, relieving a lot of stress for our small business. The sales rep and customer service people have been very helpful (rarely need customer service).

Pros

Relatively easy to implement, add and remove employees and run reports. Accurate reporting and payment of payroll taxes - very important!

Cons

I would like to have the ability to back date the payroll checks. We are on Pacific time, and occasionally we are not able to initiate the payroll until after 9pm, forcing the check date to the following day rather than the actual last date of the pay cycle - not important to everyone, but would be neater for our files.

Patricia from Duval Realty, Inc.

This will save you a lot of time and money!

Over the past 9 months that I have used OnPay I have only had positive experiences and I would highly recommend that you check them out and see how much money they can save you too!

Pros

We have had numerous times when we have had a question or we do not where to find something within their system and we can immediately, via their live chat, ask a question and get immediate help. OnPay is very easy to set up and to use. If you have a question or a problem they will walk you thru the process of what you need to do by giving you clear step by step directions. On Pay has saved our company money in bookkeeping time for not only the writing of payroll checks to the employees, but the tracking of vacation and sick leave and all of the different tax entities that must be paid each month, quarter or annually.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything that I can say I dislike about the program. If I would change anything it might be to increase the number of companies that they can integrate the time sheets from or maybe create their own.

John from Cleanroom Services & Investigation, Inc.

Industry: Environmental Services

Best payroll company I've used in 20 years!

First of all, as a small business owner, I was being charged way too much with the previous 2 "full service" payroll providers. I went on the search for an online option. It is one of the best decisions I ever made. I get better customer services, with answers promptly from employees at OnPay who know what they are doing. Much better service than I ever received at the "full service" providers. The website is very user friendly. Entering payroll bi-weekly is easy, and I always receive a friendly reminder when it is time for me to run payroll. There is unlimited access to your account and reports, and you can run payroll and/or bonuses as many times a month as you'd like, for a very reasonable monthly fee. The fee I pay now compared to what I used to pay is 1/3. And like I said before, the customer service at OnPay is far superior.

Pros

Cons

I have nothing to say about this. I think it's great!

Mackenzie from Your Friend With A Truck

Payroll Made Easy

Producing our payroll is made so easy with onpay. It is awesome to be able to email the employees their "check stubs" instead of wasting paper printing them.

Pros

Onpay is super user-friendly. The software was perfect for new/inexperienced business owners to navigate as well as teach to other employees. Customer support may be one of the best features of the site. They are super knowledgeable about everything from simple user errors to complicated tax questions.

Cons

The site often tells me my session is expired when I first log in, which means I get automatically logged out and have to log in again. Sometimes it will have two times in a row. I'm not sure if direct deposit is an option with onpay but it would be nice.

Valerie from Best Tec

Easy and Inexpensive

Excellent - payroll is now quick and easy. Support staff is extremely helpful.

Pros

It's easy to use - payroll is quick and painless

Cons

If an employee has a one time deduction, you have to dig down into the employee profile to include the deduction and then, once payroll's complete, you have to go back into the employee profile and unclick the deduction; otherwise it will take it again next payroll. You should be able to check a box on the payroll page so you don't have to hop around.

Joe from Port City Legal

Get it, use it, move on to another management challenge

I'm not an HR specialist, IT specialist, or an accountant. I am a small business owner who has to take care of the payroll function on my own. It's easy to set up and easy to use. I run payroll for my employees in under 5 minutes and much of that time is taken up with entering overtime (commissions, actually) information for a few employees.

Pros

Pleasing user interface. Strong query/reporting tools. Seemingly comprehensive. Intuitive.

Cons

I am not a fan of filling out software forms and then simply closing the form to implement my choices. I much using a "Save" button so that I am confident that I have actually completed the task at hand. That said, I am also in my late 50s, so my UI/UX experiences are probably dated.

Colin from Prairieland Estate Services Co.

Easy to use with great customer service.

Onpay does make payroll a breeze! It's one of the best returns on an expenditure in my business. The time saved and the psychic energy it frees up makes me very happy!

Pros

Their online portal is easy to use. Once you're set up all the information you need for managing payroll/taxes/pto etc is at your fingertips. My wife and I both have separate companies and I do the payroll for both. I'd been using ADP in my business for 8 years but I started her with Onpay about 16 months ago to give it a shot. I'll be switching my co. to Onpay as of the 1st of the New Year.

Cons

The integration with Quickbooks was a little difficult to find and implement in the beginning. The customer service folks were very helpful but I think that could use a little redesign to make it a little more intuitive and eliminate the need for CS coaching.

Chris from The Hazel Room

Industry: Restaurants

Pretty Flawless.

Puts me in control of Payroll data entry. Allows multiple pay runs without extra cost. Gives employees access to their payroll records.

Pros

Customer support is great. Any issue or question that I have encountered is addressed almost instantly. I have had terrible experiences with other payroll companies in the past concerning egregious data errors on their end leaving our company to clean up the mess. Onpay puts the onus on the employer to properly enter payroll data and works flawlessly from there. Tax support is quick and helpful.

Cons

There is little to not like. We've only had minor issues with tax reporting that we're promptly addressed by Onpay.

Cindy from Spectacular Rides Inc

On Pay Payroll Service

Payroll service is less expensive and the team is great to work with!

Pros

The value for the cost of the service is the best for On Pay!

Cons

Maybe less steps in the inputting of employees

Deborah from Jack's Small Engine Repair

I have found On Pay easy to use - everything you need is at your fingertips.

I relieves me of the time it would take and allows me to get on with the day to day running of the business. I do not have the headache of having to calculate payroll, file and pay taxes ect. It is all taken care of. All I have to do is enter the hours and print the reports off. It is easy!

Pros

I like the simplicity of the site. Staff are always at hand instantly and always helpful and resolve any questions I have - nothing is too much trouble. Reports are all there to print off. It allows me to get on running the business and not have to worry about calculating payroll, submitting taxes and filing - it is also worth every penny. Talk about value for money!!! Very happy!

Suzan from Pediatric Physical Therapy & Services

OnPay has been fantastic for our company. Autodeposit for our staff, easy use for me.

auto deposit, and filling of payroll taxes.

Pros

It is easy to use, remembers the last payroll (useful if things do not change much), has good reporting features. I love that I no longer have to file with the state (the prior person was always doing it incorreclty!) Cusomter services is topnotch.

Cons

I would really like to print all the paychecks (live and direct deposit) as soon as I finish the payroll. Since we do direct deposit, it is a second step to go to the page where I can print all the checks. Seems silly. Sometimes it is difficult to find where things are... but it is getting better and better.

Samik from Primisoft LLC

OnPay Review

Everything is great for price.

Pros

One of the customer support, I interacted many times. he is awesome, proactive, very helpful and on the top to resolveissues. Regards, Sam

Cons

Nothing

Dana from Ritas Water Ice

Awesome payroll company

Customer service is so fast and accurate! Always done via email

Pros

My employees who are usually under 20years old find it very user friendly. They have everything they need right on their phones. They never have to ask me for anything even another W2! I tell everyone to get this service. It’s just awesome

Cons

There are no apps for smart phones which I think would be easier than going through the website

Zach from DJ Connection

Great Company for Payroll

Pros

The software is easy to learn and use. You can usually find what you are looking for pretty quickly.

Cons

Only thing I wish could be done is to have some sort of way for employees to sign documents through the software.

Renee from Phoenix Fitness & Martial Arts

Great payroll option for small businesses

Pros

Price - it's very affordable especially for a small business micro managing expenses. No nickel & dime costs like charging you to mail checks, I simply print them from my own computer. Unlimited payroll runs each month - most companies charge you per payroll run. Unlimited payroll runs and ability to print your checks in house?

Cons

I have run into a few technical issues over the past 2 years (most recent: invite to a new employee wasn't received) but nothing major. A bit of a learning curve - some things aren't super intuitive but for me it's nothing that impedes my ability to process payroll semi monthly efficiently. One time I did have an issue with a tax form not being submitted and required a follow up with OnPay - but they handled the situation and agreed to pay any penalty that might be assessed. Never heard anything more from the state so appeared to have been taken care of and haven't had an issue since.

Tom from Anywhere Computer Care

Extremely happy with my experience so far

Pros

I added my first employee a little over a year ago. I looked into mulitple payroll companies and decided to go with OnPay. I am extremely happy with my choice. At this point, I only use them for payroll and it is only one employee, but I know they have additional services that will help me as I continue to grow. The peace of mind knowing they take care of all the taxes has been awesome. When you compare it to QuickBooks Payroll and the fact you pay for the payroll service and then still have to take care of the taxes yourself makes the additional cost of using OnPay a no brainer. Simplicity and ease of use Customer support when I have needed it The fact they take care of all the taxes

Bruno from Wiredzone.com, Inc.

Industry: Computer Hardware

Quick and easy payroll

Very good, always have help available.

Pros

I find the interface very easy to use, the reports have the information we need and everything works as it should. I appreciate the live chat for quick questions.

Cons

Nothing, everything works as it should .

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

Website technology and ease of use.

Cyril from Cyril's Foods

OnPay is the best Cloud Based Payroll Software on the Market

Overall Onpay is really a great product. My only worry is usually payroll companies usually warranty that they will process your payroll correctly. Unlike other payroll companies, OnPay makes the user enter the tax rates into their system which at the end transfers the liability partially back to the user and as a business owner, I do not like that at all.

Pros

The user interface is REALLY well designed. They have made onboarding recently really easy. Any questions you have can be quickly addressed with the chat button.

Cons

I have had trouble a couple of times with Tier 1 Tech Support understanding a bug. Took me about a year to get them to fix the issue.

Isaac from TEQ Charging, Inc.

Great for payroll, doesn't hold your hand

Pros

It is very easy to get payroll up and running. Additionally, it has a good quickbooks integration, however it doesn't tell you that the quickbooks connection only lasts 30 minutes which is why you have to log in each time. It also has a great user interface and feels very modern and sleek, which is nice to have for payroll.

Cons

The automated filings for things such as UI and WC can get a bit difficult, especially if you have your own coverage. It also doesn't ask you if you already are compliant when you tell it you are a new company. It doesn't need to in order to function, but it would be nice for small companies to have the extra bit of guidance.

Lane from AlmondFarmer.com, Inc.

Industry: Farming

Very happy with product and support

I have only positive comments for OnPay. I have had negative experiences with previous vendors so I know how bad it can be. This software is very user friendly and support is very responsive.

Pros

Support staff available by chat or voice. Adaptable to special rules for Agriculture. Automatically updates my Quickbooks Online register when a payroll event happens.

Cons

I actually have no complaints at all with OnPay.

Too long ago to recall.

Tnayo Michael from To The T HSC

Great Payroll System

Great payroll system. Lots of features and you see what you need to have for each pay run.