All Paycor Reviews

Katie

Medical Practice, 51 - 200 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed March 2024

Paycor Review: Has made payroll a breeze!

Grace

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Paycor is an excellent payroll software

Instead of two days, payroll just takes two hours. We consolidated our use of three separate programs into just one. We've streamlined the supervisory process by automating several previously manual tasks, including hiring, onboarding, and performance evaluations.

PROS

From sourcing new employees to managing my retirement, PayCor has me covered. I can select the modules that best suit my needs. Their method of execution is comprehensive, their follow-up is reliable, and their staff is always pleasant and helpful.

CONS

It's really challenging to distinguish between my belongings and those of my subordinates. It's a pain to maintain organized, what with having to manually delete old goals and add/remove team members.

Reasons for switching to Paycor

With Paycor, upper management has access to a useful tool that plots out the trajectory of ongoing projects and outlines the milestones that must be attained by a given date.

Thank you for your positive review! We're thrilled to hear that Paycor has been able to meet your needs, from sourcing new employees to managing retirement. We understand the challenge of distinguishing between belongings and those of subordinates and will take your feedback into consideration for future improvements. It's great to know that Paycor has helped streamline your processes and significantly reduce the time spent on payroll. We appreciate your feedback and are here to support you every step of the way.

Replied October 2023

Brandon

Security and Investigations, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

It has cut my onboarding process in half!

So far, I'm liking it very much. Everyday I am finding new and better ways to improve my job by using Paycor.

PROS

I like how much Paycor helps with the onboarding of new employees and implementing their information into TrackTik for us. My onboarding process has literally been cut in half. It has been easy to assist employees when they have questions regarding payroll, and all of their information is easy to find.

CONS

A few processes have changed, like passwords installation. Our switch over from Rippling was quite tedious, and payroll is a bit different, but we're working out the kinks pretty well.

Reasons for switching to Paycor

Paycor had more in depth assistance with TrackTik.

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Paycor. We are delighted to hear that our onboarding process has significantly reduced the time it takes for you to onboard new employees. We appreciate your feedback on the ease of assisting employees with payroll questions and the accessibility of their information. We understand that the transition from Rippling may have presented some challenges, but we are glad to hear that you are working through them and finding new ways to improve your job using Paycor. Thank you for choosing Paycor as your HR and payroll solution.

Aubrey

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Review of Paycor

PROS

Not having to do taxes! Or file tax returns.

CONS

Not good for education. Cannot pay easily from multiple departments. Roll out new changes without any notice. Way too expensive and keeps charging more.

Reasons for switching to Paycor

Need for Time clock and payroll person retiring

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your positive experience with our tax services. We apologize for any difficulties you faced with education-related features, payment from multiple departments, and unexpected changes. We continuously strive to improve our platform and pricing structure to better meet the needs of our clients.

Amanda

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Paycor Customer review

Overall, it's a most positive experience. I think they need to develop their benefits implementation, open enrollment support and EDI feeds. I will say once everything is up and running the platform operations

PROS

The payroll platform is so seamless and easy to use. This is the best function of the platform. I also like the ATS; it's also easy to post, review, store notes/scorecards, and schedule interviews. The hire to onboarding process is perfect.

CONS

The customer service and benefits implimentation and enrollment is not the best or smoothest I've used. Once set up, it runs fine.

Reason for choosing Paycor

The payroll, the benefits, ATS, and the learning platform. I liked having everything in one place.

Reasons for switching to Paycor

Paycom's payroll service was clunky, and the customer service was poor.

Vanessa

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Paycor simplified

I think in the beginning they were still working out the kinks, but now things are a lot better, haven't had any issues.

PROS

Versus the system we had before, all the reports are provided based on information entered.

CONS

That sometimes changes were made to the system without any notification.

Reasons for switching to Paycor

The process wasn't digitized, to much manual work.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that Paycor has simplified your processes and provided accurate reports. We apologize for any changes made without prior notification. We are glad to hear that things have improved and that you haven't encountered any issues. Thank you for choosing Paycor to digitize your processes and reduce manual work. We value your partnership.

Rachel

Retail, 11-50 employees

Review of Paycor

Our Sales man was great, very thorough, helpful and honest. Very disappointed with customer service so far.

PROS

Product is easy to navigate and use. Offers a lot of features for the cost

CONS

Implementation. Had to follow up and keep implementation on track with too many items. Some items were not covered at all. We could have used more time with and information from our implementation team.

Reasons for switching to Paycor

Cost and product design. Has concerns about the customer service level from a previous experience with Paycor, but decided to try it again.

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any issues you experienced during implementation and understand the importance of a smooth process. We appreciate your decision to choose Paycor based on cost and product design, and we will work to address your concerns and improve our customer service.

Yvonne

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Good product, no direction

I have had to learn everything on my own and I would have preferred to have an established and developed relationship with a dedicated Paycor account rep who understands our industry and business. There is a lot of room for improvement. I like the product but the implementation was horrible and a lack of responsibility and urgency from the PayCor Implementation Team, with the exception of [sensitive content hidden], who was fantastic.

PROS

I like the new product development and constant evolution of the products

CONS

I do not like the level of support we receive for the amount of money we pay every month. The follow up is lacking and it seems to a random hit or miss when reaching someone in customer care.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our new product development and constant evolution. We apologize for any issues you've experienced with our customer support and implementation process. We understand the importance of having a dedicated account representative who understands your industry and business, and we apologize for any lack of responsibility and urgency you've encountered. We will take your feedback into consideration to improve our support and implementation processes.

Melanie

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

Learning Curve

It is a love/hate relationship for us. We love some of the features but are disappointed in how we are not able to use all of the features. The customer service has been a disappointment as well. I am hopeful as we continue to learn more that we will have even more love than hate in the near future.

PROS

The look and feel of Paycor is great. The onboarding is my favorite as it really saves me so much time. I also love the employee do-it-yourself features for tax forms and direct deposit. TIME SAVERS.

CONS

The Time Off Manager system has given us a lot of problems. It is inflexible - so for employers who are striving to give their employees a flexible schedule and work-life balance it is not great. We have had to discontinue the use of the request time off feature because it was throwing our PTO balances off.

Reason for choosing Paycor

We liked the look and feel of Paycor, and a lot of the features got us really excited.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback on the look and feel of Paycor, as well as the time-saving features such as onboarding and employee do-it-yourself options. We understand your concerns regarding the inflexibility of the Time Off Manager system and the impact on PTO balances. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and are continuously working to improve our features and customer service. We hope that as you continue to learn more about Paycor, you will experience more positive aspects in the future.

Jericca

Religious Institutions, 501-1,000 employees

BBC Review

PROS

The ability to get certified through the system. As well as training ability through Paycor connect.

CONS

Work flows, punch profiles, plans/types/rules

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your positive experience with the certification and training features of Paycor. We apologize for any difficulties you have encountered with work flows, punch profiles, and plans/types/rules, and we are committed to addressing these concerns.

Lourys

Human Resources, 2-10 employees

Great for HR

PROS

Easy to use in all employee's life cycle, from job posting to terminations

CONS

Username rules should be considered, to avoid later issues

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that Paycor has been easy to use throughout the employee lifecycle. We appreciate your feedback regarding username rules and will take it into consideration to improve our system and prevent any future issues.

Danielle

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Stuck with disappointment

I am very torn. I do like the system and feel like there are a lot of functions to take advantage of, however because the customer service is so poor I can not get help to utilize them to the full extent. Also I am disgusted by their billing department, I don't understand why I cannot get answers on what I am expected to pay for and why it changes each week. I honestly want to look for something different, but I feel stuck since we just went through the transfer last year. I have 150 employees and I don't want to put them through another change so quickly. I would change if I could and I would not recommend this to anyone. This is my last hope to try to get someone's attention, 4 months ago I expressed all my frustration with the sales people and was hopeful for some change, but nothing has changed.

PROS

I really like the payroll function of the software, it is very easy to set up and run payroll. Also the user side of things is very simple and available in Spanish.

CONS

Billing is inconsistent and uninformative, you ask questions and cannot get a direct or clear answer, I think it is very fair to be asking what I am paying for. Which then leads to the other worst function for this company which is customer service, I have been working on a billing question about delivery fees for over a month now, I have now had to ask 3 different people which include the sales people that sold me on Paycor. I have been working on getting a user simple access to review our time cards and it is taking 3 weeks now. I called the support team, they told me it was fixed (it was not). I then created a case number by reaching out to through their support email, a week later I had to follow up with another phone call and they told me they had not even started working on this, so I had to sit on the phone for an hour while they worked on it.

Reason for choosing Paycor

They had a stronger payroll system and a spanish version for users.

Reasons for switching to Paycor

I was looking for a system that provided a spanish option for the users. Also I was frustrated with Paylocity's customer service and project management. But now I would go back to Paylocity over Paycor 100%.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It is great to hear that you are enjoying your Paycor experience. Have a great day!

Replied July 2020

Steve

Machinery, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Great product.

Great.

PROS

Ease of use. Well integrated set of products. Extremely well received and adopted by employees. Zero push back at implementation.

CONS

Customer support team is in need of product education. API's are difficult and cumbersome. Implementation was more difficult than expected.

Reason for choosing Paycor

Paycor is the only one designed with manufacturing in mind.

Reasons for switching to Paycor

Payroll solution was very old and on roadmap for abandonment.

We appreciate your review. It's wonderful to hear about your ease of use and successful implementation with us. We note your feedback regarding the need for further product education in our support team and the difficulty you've experienced with our APIs. We're always striving to improve and your input is valuable in these efforts. It's also great to hear that you've found our solutions to be well-suited to your manufacturing needs. Thank you for choosing and sticking with us.

Replied June 2023

Tiffany

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Great product with a few tweaks

In our early days of implementation and onboarding the system, everything was great. During the pandemic, we experienced a great deal of service issues, but I feel strongly that Paycor recognized those issues and is doing a wonderful job of resolving those issues and communicating the changes/additions they are making to better service their customers.

PROS

The initial implementation of our first client ID was seamless. We then acquired another company and had to set up a separate Client ID for them. That process was a bit more complicated and it took some time to get the two Client IDs to mirror each other, but now everything is working seamlessly. We love the HR, Payroll, Time Off Tracking and Applicant Tracking Systems. The modules are easy to use and any questions or issues we have are answered timely.

CONS

The Learning Management System is not great. It's very difficult to use, and even though I've gone through the Administrator training, I am still having trouble using this module.

Reason for choosing Paycor

I liked the look and feel of Paycor's system over Paycom.

Reasons for switching to Paycor

We were looking for an all-in-one solution that was also budget friendly.

Thank you for providing such detailed feedback! We're delighted to hear that the HR, Payroll, Time Off Tracking, and Applicant Tracking Systems have been beneficial for your business. We understand that certain aspects, like our Learning Management System, may present challenges, and we're committed to enhancing our offerings based on user experiences like yours. We appreciate your patience and understanding during the pandemic, and we're always striving to improve our services and communication. Your continued trust in Paycor is greatly valued.

Replied August 2023

Hussein

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Payroll master tool. Industrious and dependable.

Quick and accurate performance. Paycor is a must have software. It has reduced paperwork on tax compliance and payment tracking.

PROS

It is always in order to respect other people's rights. Paycor brought me one the best capabilities to keep my employees committed and motivated to do more. I easily track their payments to make sure they're accurate. Paycor is easy to use and I can access it easily from any device. The autorun features keeps it at the top.

CONS

Paycor is good. It helped me jumpstart major payroll needs to greater heights.

Reasons for switching to Paycor

Paycor has superb visibility to activities around. It gives more control compared to Gusto.

Thank you for your positive review of Paycor! We are thrilled to hear that our payroll tool has been instrumental in keeping your employees committed and motivated, while also providing accurate payment tracking. We appreciate your feedback on the ease of use and accessibility of our platform. We are committed to providing excellent visibility and control over payroll activities. Thank you for choosing Paycor and for sharing your experience with us!

Replied November 2023

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Great platform, continuously improving!

PROS

Paycor provides a TON of training opportunities to make sure end users can feel confident in navigating the various platforms.

CONS

Often, service and communication can be lacking. Paycor certainly has taken steps to improve this, but there are still times where service leaves you wanting.

Reason for choosing Paycor

Cost ended up being the biggest driver. Platforms looked similar, but as a non-profit cost meant the most to us

Reasons for switching to Paycor

Cost, and moving 3 agencies with different systems under one unified system.

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear that you find our training opportunities helpful in navigating our platforms. We appreciate your input regarding service and communication and are continuously working to improve in these areas. We understand that cost was a significant factor in your decision, and we're pleased to have provided a cost-effective solution for your non-profit organization. Thank you for choosing Paycor to unify your systems and support your agencies.

Replied October 2023

TERESA

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Move from KGS to Paycor

It was a little rough at the beginning but things were worked out and we are moving smoothly now. Lots of webinars and fun things offered to learn more about the products capabilities. Ready to go to the users conference in April 2024 to learn more.

PROS

Super easy to administer and make changes to things like job titles and benefits. Employees love the app! Online recruiting and direct integration into HR/Payroll upon hiring makes things seamless.

CONS

We just have a shift differential that Paycor isn't able to calculate so I have to do it manually.

Reason for choosing Paycor

it came down to which product would offer us the most services, was easy to navigate and reasonably priced.

Reasons for switching to Paycor

The specific product we were using was going to sunset at the end of 2023 so we had to make a change. We decided to see what all was available within the market. We liked Paycor's simplicity. The administration of this product is way more simple than Kronos was.

Thank you for your review and for choosing Paycor as your HR and payroll solution. We are glad to hear that you find our system super easy to administer and that employees love the app. We apologize for the inconvenience regarding the shift differential calculation, and we appreciate your understanding in manually handling it. We understand that finding a solution that offers a wide range of services, ease of navigation, and reasonable pricing is important, and we are pleased that Paycor met your criteria. Thank you for choosing Paycor and we are here to support you throughout your HR and payroll needs.

Replied December 2023