• Pros

• "Easy To Use! Employee's Have Access To All There Information They Need For Taxes, Easy To Upload Payroll! Great System Great Company!"

• "easy to use and understand; excellent support from Payroll City"

• "The user interface is simple and intuitive. It is clear that the end user experience was a top priority!"

• Cons

• "There is a slight learning curve in order to get it to work the way we need it to, but their staff is ready and willing to help talk it through."

• "Don't Really See Any Cons With This Software Or Company!"

• "I have not had any issues with this software. "

Browse Payroll City Reviews

Heidi from Naples Franchising Systems, Inc.

Industry: Executive Office

Payroll City

I have worked with Payroll City for almost twelve years, and had numerous individual payrolls for multiple businesses. I can access the site and their software easily, even from my smartphone. Every time I call for support, a real live human being answers the phone and helps in any way I need. Their reporting on behalf of my payroll has never been in error with Government agencies. (With the larger payroll companies, there were errors periodically and I could not get the support I needed.) That was the initial reason I switched to Payroll City and still am pleased with that choice all of these years later.

Pros

I can easily make changes and updates to our payroll as well as access past records when necessary. The reports are clear and easy to interpret. Access from my smartphone is a plus when I'm not near my computer or when traveling.

Cons

Accessing certain reports is challenging for me, however, I believe that is mostly my lack of tech knowledge. If I don't use a feature often, and it is not familiar to me, I have difficulty navigating to a specific report. However, all it takes is a phone call to walk me through the process to access what I need.

Mikie from Just Details/ Paint Spot

Software Review

Payroll City Is Great Any Problems We Have Either Our Fault Or Theirs We Call And They Do Whatever They Need To Fix The Issue!

Pros

Cons

Don't Really See Any Cons With This Software Or Company!

Natalie from Firm Foundation HR, LLC

FFHR Review

Pros

The software is overall user friendly. Has an easy navigating look.

Cons

The system is lacking several bells and whistles. Not a lot of payroll reports available, had to create several on our own to satisfy client needs. Did not feel it could handle large clients but might be a good fit for small simple clients.

Response from Payroll City

Replied April 2019

Thank you for your feedback, Natalie! We will use your remarks to improve our product and continue to make it better. We sincerely appreciate your business.

Nichole from Xtropia Demand Generation

Amazing platform & service!!!!

The support is really amazing. They are incredibly responsive by email or by phone. They really go above and beyond to make it a great experience.

Pros

Payroll City does everything I need. The platform really knows how to "talk" to my accounting software and spits out reports that are exactly what I need. It integrates really well with ERP and timekeeping systems - we don't lose data during the transfer in or out of payroll, like you do with other systems.

Cons

Lynne from Bristol Brewing Co.

Payroll City Review

We've had a great experience with Payroll City - we started with them many years ago and were the first to use a Mac system with their software - any issues we've had they were fixed right away. Great customer service and their software is very easy to use.

Pros

The software is easy to use and the many report options.

Cons

When entering in payroll hours, there is an up/down scrolling option, if you don't click off that spot it can change the hours up or down.

Ivan from Freedomstar Financial

Great Software

A good payroll company needs to be a lot more than just software. The team is like an extension of my own company. When I call they answer the phone and quick to resolve any issues that arise. Whatever I need they are on it.

Pros

Very easy to use, customer service is great. Easy interface. Love the way it imports every single paycheck into my quick books software.

Cons

Nothing bad to report. Haven't had any problems.

Wendy from Prime 25

Industry: Restaurants

Review for Payroll City

Excellent.

Pros

Payroll City is always accommodating to what we need and always willing to help with solutions to any questions or problems. The staff is very knowledgeable, professional, willing to help, and friendly. Ask for rep she is the best!!!

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about the software.

Shannon from Tidswell Eyecare

Quality Build

I have had numerous interactions with Payroll City and I have never had a bad experience. Everyone in the office is friendly and helpful.

Pros

Cons

I have not had any issues with this software.

Judi from Diamante Property Services LLC

Best company ever!

Payroll processing is easy and affordable. Staff is uniformly helpful, friendly and well informed. In over 8 years I've had no complaints. Their software/website upgrades were smooth transitions - well planned and with excellent support.

Pros

easy to use and understand; excellent support from Payroll City

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind is regret that I did not find Payroll City sooner.

Michael from Colorado Springs Stucco and Repair

Colorado Springs Stucco and Repair

We do not have to spend more that and hour a week or less. Cost is very good and all the information is ready for audits.

Pros

Its easy to get to what you need. They always answer their phone.

Cons

over all they are great if something gets messed up its easy to get it fixed.

Randall from Legends Bar, Inc.

Payroll made Easy

Great Business...Have referred to many other Companies in my boat.

Pros

I Love the Business...Payroll City is an awesome outfit to work with. Quick..friendly and and accurate. Thank You. The Data Entry Software is pretty friendly. Could use a few little tweeks. But Overall Satisfied.

Cons

Password stuff to sign in seems to be a bit much. But better safe than sorry I guess.

Excellent Company

I like working with a small company that is set up so that when I have a question or concern, I can reach out to the same person who will answer my questions promptly and accurately.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the customer service.

Cons

I don't have any significant dislikes with the company.

Janna from Hospitality

Excellent!

It has helped us to be able to use Payroll City. Definitely taken something off of my plate!

Pros

Easy to use, good customer service, have very much appreciated Payroll City.

Cons

The occasional miscommunication with customer service.

So Easy

I'm so happy after transferring our payroll to Payroll City. They have been supportive and educational. They are extremely helpful and the entire staff is knowledgeable and kind. AND they are saving me money!!!

Pros

There are multiple access points to the same functions, which makes it easier to use based on how you like to find information.

Cons

Just needed a little coaching on how to do some specific tasks, but support was SUPER helpful and walked me right though what I needed to do!