PerformYard Reviews

4.80 / 5 (70) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 13 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Great customer support. The people are great, helpful and encouraging. They make getting the product up and running very easy."

• "The software was really easy to learn, I was up and running with minimal training. The software is pretty fully featured and does some pretty innovative things. Customer support is also pretty good."

• "From the first sale presentation to end of the uploading it was a great experiences. It was easy and simple to learn. "

• Cons

• "Nothing I dont like that much, its overall a great tool. "

• "Not completely customizable, but to be expected given the cost"

• "It was only slightly odd to get my head around the logic but once I had it was a breeze"

Browse PerformYard Reviews

Emily from Petplan Pet Insurance (North America)

PerformYard has gotten rid of our paper-based process and is well worth the cost! :)

Automating performance reviews (they were paper-based forms previously), increasing frequency of feedback beyond twice a year with check-ins, ability to easily track performance throughout the year through notes tracked in the system.

Pros

I like the user interface - the adoption rate for PerformYard was instantaneous, because it was similar to so many platforms we currently use. It's clean, contemporary and very easy-to-use. I like that we have a dedicated Customer Success Manager who is always available for my plethora of questions. I like the reporting functionality and the capabilities to customize employee profiles. What I felt PerformYard succeeded in was overall functionality and customization of the platform.

Cons

Nothing so far - PerformYard seems very receptive to feedback on items we'd perhaps like to see in the future and are always making updates! I would love to see the Org. Chart feature laid out a few different ways (currently just laid out vertically), but I think the Org. Chart alone is a helpful section to have.

Response from PerformYard

Replied March 2018

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback Emily! We look forward to continuing to support you and the entire PetPlan organization. - PerformYard Team

Tracy from Boulder Associates Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Partnership!

Pros

What I like most are the people at PerformYard! From the initial interactions with the sales team to the implementation it was clear PerformYard was interested in being my partner in creating a high performing organization. Our account rep consults with me to understand and then find the best solutions for my company. She is a tremendous trainer and supports my learning style by getting on the phone with me when needed! She is friendly, professional, and savvy. The software is user friendly and administrator friendly. The feature I like most for our users are the dashboard, everything in the Goals tab, and the ability for folks to isolate their views with filters or "forms I need to do" section. The "Feedback" button is fast way to share feedback. Overall the software is aesthetically appealing; an important thing to highly visual architects and interior designers. Additionally, the pricing is fair.

Cons

Only two small things fall on my least list: I don't believe the "activity streams" on the dashboard or in goals are leveraged by our employees. Sometimes the back button does not take you to the previous page but all the way back to the front of the function. On my wishlist: The Feedback icon gives the ability to GIVE feedback to anyone in the organization. I wish we could have the same open design, but in the reverse; allowing anyone in my organization to REQUEST feedback from anyone in the organization. Having open design for both giving feedback and receiving feedback support a culture of feedback! I believe functionality like this would be a differentiator for PerformYard in the performance market.

Reasons for Choosing PerformYard

Ability to configure the software in the way we need. Effective data base behind the data. Automated reminders. User experience. Pricing.

Samantha from Andre Landscape Service

Great tool for streamlining Performance Reviews!

Pros

First and foremost, our Customer Success Manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fantastic and made it so that the implementation of Perform Yard into our company was seamless. She took the time to meet with us numerous times via phone to make sure we understood everything, go more in depth if we had any questions, etc. I appreciated the help through the set up of Perform Yard as well as the resources they have on their website that provide step by step instructions. The functionality of the program is also great and definitely streamlines the process of quarterly check ins and annual performance reviews in our company. We also like that we are able to create measurable and attainable goals for our employees in the goals section and the employees are able to go in update those goals to show their progress. So far everything has been great and we hope to expand our use of Perform Yard within our company!

Cons

I have no complaints at this time, only recommendation we did have was that it'd be nice for managers to to have a section to select their employee and see all past reviews, goals, feedback (private and public) vs having to go into their profile or filter by the employee in each different section. It'd be nice to just have that overview in one section. But other than that it's been great so far!

Phyllis from AnaptysBio

Industry: Biotechnology

Goal tracking was easy

Automating the goal setting process has allowed us to track goal process throughout the year and get an overview of how we are doing as a company. Bonus calculations were straightforward this year because each person had a weighted goal achievement score.

Pros

My favorite feature is the weighted goal calculation we were able to add to the year end process. It's very easy to set up goals and update them throughout the year

Cons

I would like to see more flexibility to change workflows

Michael from First Page Sage

Easy Goal Management

I find the software to be very beneficial as it allows me to easily create targets, map out the steps to reach the goal and stay informed of my progress instantly.

Pros

With PerformYard creating, tracking and managing goals is simple and easy. You have the flexibility to individually scale each goal and progress is trackable both graphically and by text entries that can be used to journal any issues you encountered. You can also set up alerts to keep you on target with scheduled events. Another function that I find especially beneficial is the ability to highlight the achievements or simply acknowledge the work of others, which can be shared within teams or companywide.

Cons

There are situations where you may not be able to complete a goal. For example, an event that was outside of your control has been canceled. However, once you add a goal, you cannot completely discard it and it is calculated into your fulfillment of planned goals.

Alexandria from Bidgely

Excellent Product - Great Support Team!

Our overall experience has been very positive. As a growing company, we very much needed a mechanism to ensure that goal setting and feedback was occuring on a regular cadence on a company wide basis. We also wanted a platform to recognize co-workers efforts on a company wide basis. Ensuring feedback happens and is documented is invaluable for employee growth. The feedback from employees has been great. Many of them are coming from large companies with mature performance management processes and have indicated they think PerformYard is a superior product - more updated, easier to use and better features.

Pros

The User Platform is easy to navigate and understand. Creating forms and launching review cycles is simple once one learns the basics. I really appreciate the Gmail single sign on. I love the recognition feature. Our CSM has been amazing - accessible, helpful and very attentive. Having our performance reviews managed through the platform has been a huge benefit and needed for the engagement and growth.

Cons

I have not found any things I dislike about the software to date. On my wishlist for product improvements - a visually appealing Org Chart option. That would be awesome and very helpful!

Reasons for Choosing PerformYard

We choose PerformYard for a number of reasons. It had an updated, cool feel. Engaging UI. Good balance of simplicity, usability, and customization. Ability to streamline the review process, to gather actionable insights from the reviews and allows for real-time feedback to be given/received. Complete support, setup, and training at no additional cost. The sales experience was awesome, and the CEO even talked to our CEO which sealed the deal. The price was much more competitive than out #2 choice Reflektive. Given that we are a start up and still a relatively small organization at 135 employees, the competitive pricing was very important to us. "

Lorna from Yolo Food Bank

Industry: Warehousing

Excellent Support

Our primary goals when we selected PerformYard (with staff's input as well as management's) were to have a flexible platform to assess everyone's performance in terms of job expectations, competencies and SMART goals as well as to provide staff with the ability to provide feedback or updates to their goals or performance as often as they wished. Both goals are being achieved.

Pros

From Day 1 we were impressed with the personalized and prompt support. Our Customer Success Manager was knowledgeable, able to show us how to utilize PerformYard to meet our unique needs, and very responsive when deadlines loomed.

Cons

Light colored and small lettering on a white background makes reading challenging for users. Some icons or where they're placed are not intuitive.

Reasons for Choosing PerformYard

We did an apples-to-apples comparison using over two dozen items/criteria, such as ability to customize reports. After creating a form with instructions and a brief description about the organization and our request, we asked each vendor to let us know whether they had each item and provide comments if desired. We picked the two or three vendors that met the highest number of items/criteria, then asked each to conduct two web-based, interactive demonstrations: one to representative staff from each department and one to managers. Staff decided on their preference which the managers agreed to.

Tom from End-to-End Analytics

Solid performer, great customer support

We have now used PerformYard for one full employee review cycle for the whole firm. From an administrative point of view, there were just a few minor hiccups, and to call them "hiccups" is a bit unfair. The tool worked just fine, but we had some straightforward learning curve issues. Our process first solicited names for a 360 review, then got feedback from those identified, a self-evaluation, and then a final summary evaluation by the manager. I had to field far fewer user questions than I expected. I'll give some credit to our clever workforce, but it also tells me that the PerformYard tool is, by and large, intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

A few things stand out as positives for us. First, it was really easy to get things running. It was really just a matter of a few hours of invested time to be in a position to start testing our first review cycle. The biggest effort was transforming our crude employee data into a uniform spreadsheet so we could upload it. That took some manual work. It's easy to design and implement a review form. We have found that the building blocks offered by PerformYard have met our needs just fine. As noted elsewhere, it's easy to dump out ALL of the data associated with a review. This was unexpected, but we use it all the time. A big win in our book. We have also enjoyed fantastic customer support. Online materials are generally solid, and staff is readily available when we bump into something we can't figure out on our own.

Cons

A few things have been a bit harder than expected. One that stands out is setting up a 360 evaluation, which was more manual than it seems would be necessary. Room for improvement for PerformYard (or maybe we missed something). I've also heard a little grumbling about losing edits in various ways. I think this is perhaps just the peril of using a web-based tool. You have to get used to navigating deliberately -- and, of course, regularly saving your work. The tool won't necessarily remind you to do so. We are an analytics consulting firm, so we dump out the review cycle data (which is totally comprehensive; no complaints there!), and then we generate our own reports to track status, compare performance, and generally sift and sort the data. We just played a little with PerformYard's built-in reporting capabilities, but we quickly concluded that we would want more. These are, though, minor complaints. The tool has comfortably met our expectations.

Reasons for Choosing PerformYard

We were focused on enabling two things at our firm: regular performance reviews and ad hoc feedback. PerformYard had the right balance of features we needed without too many that we didn't need. One very important factor in our decision was philosophical agreement on allowing private, peer-to-peer feedback without necessarily including the recipient's manager. We also liked the "modern" web-based UI.

Jaymie from Dermira, Inc.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

PerformYard Goes Above & Beyond

PerformYard has exceeded our expectations and the entire team has been an outstanding partner to us. We were able to implement an automated performance review process (goal setting, reviews, and feedback tools) in a short period of time. We were also able to make tech changes (PY team made changes to the software code on short-order) when we found ourselves in a pinch due to our own unique rating and % feeds mid-review cycle. No insignificant task on their end, but they made it seem that way given its importance to us.

Pros

The team and their customer service & support - all around one of the best (i.e. our Acct Director, tech team, owner - everyone we've had the pleasure to work with at PerformYard has been responsive and swift to help us solve any challenges, implementation, ongoing support). Customization - able to input, modify, and leverage the platform to suit our needs. Automates the single biggest administrative burden for the Company. Personalized attention - from setting up the Agreement between our two companies, the live trainings provided by our Acct Director, the knowledge sharing and guidance the team provides, the swift issue resolution they consistently deliver upon. Integration with our HRIS platform as promised and on-schedule.

Cons

That PerformYard is for performance management only. We knew this going into it, however, we'd love to be able to leverage this team's expertise and automated solution(s) for the entire talent management cycle (development, management, succession, compensation).

Reasons for Choosing PerformYard

The robustness and customization of the platform; responsiveness of the team, ease of use, training as part of the implementation, cost-benefits of the tool.

Marcus from Concentric Health Experience

PerformYard Review

Seamless integration with our HR department and is used agency-wide to ensure that employees are writing down their goals and tracking their achievement to prove to the company their worth and rationale for promotions or pay increases. It works great with the community of employees so they can write down their successes, and barriers to acheievement, and ultimately it drives each employee to continue to do their best.

Pros

It has a great user experience, and sends notificatoins for when its time for you to review yourself as well as the colleagues you work closely with to ensure they get the recognition on all of their hard work and progress towards their goals. Again, very easy to use, and doesnt bombard on notifcations either! Its a great way to review.

Cons

Nothing I dont like that much, its overall a great tool.

August 2016

Nancy from FlightStats, Inc.

August 2016

HR Director

Our experience with PerformYard has been outstanding. From the ease of implementation, ability to personalize the set up of the performance process to fit our needs and culture, and the ease of use by managers and employees - All were exceptional! PerformYard architects actually understand HR and the Performance Appraisal process and developed a system that actually works and is amazingly flexible. In implementing the system, I had tons of "how can I do this" questions, and generally the system was already set up to enable what ever I asked for.

Pros

Flexibility & Control -- We were able to build our own forms, process, timing, everything. It was very important to us to be able to utilize what we had done in the past that was working, that our employees trusted and that aligned with our culture. "Off the shelf" forms would not have done this for us. Also the ability to make changes mid-process with a simple click - by yourself - and instantly implement the change was HUGE. Like adding a sign off, deleting a reviewer, etc. We didn't have to call and put in a work order and wait for days for a return call. Changes happen, and sometimes they are very sensitive and need quick response. Having the ability and confidence to make instant adjustments when needed is critical. The system is very intuitive, little or no management and employee training needed. Also, having the system automatically sending out reminders - and the ability for an employees to personally turn off reminders - are both very helpful. PerformYard staff are exceptional. All responded quickly, were knowledgeable, and patient. Every person I spoke with was a pleasure to work with. We had PerformYard personnel hold a training session with our managers (via web), and a couple of occasions hold a call with a manager who had more technical systems questions, and again, PerformYard staff were exceptional and answered all questions with ease.

Cons

Can't think of any!

Response from PerformYard

Replied August 2016

Thank you, Nancy! On behalf of the entire PerformYard team, it has been an absolute pleasure working with you over the past year and we hope we can continue to support FlightStats's HR and Performance Appraisal processes for years to come.

Ally from Marathon Capital LLC

Working our way to a culture-focused, positive environment...

Recommendations to others: Listen to the directions support/representatives give you... they're an excellent source to use, as to not try to do too much right-off-the-bat. I see a lot of companies start huge and they lose control of the systems, then their efforts become a negative, bad-tasting initiative to the team members. Problems solved/benefits: PerformYard helped our quickly-growing team provide more consistent, necessary, and VERY MUCH desired feedback. In my opinion, this is one of the most important things a firm can semi-easily give an employee. It's so important to help someone learn, grow, and give them the opportunity to succeed; and PerformYard got us about 20 steps closer to the continuing initiative.

Pros

Cons

I would say the system can be a tad limited, although I understand the majority of these limitations come from keeping customers from trying to do too much and digging themselves a hole (so thank you for helping to pull us in and keep us focused). But, my BIGGEST request/suggestion is to allow multiple-choice questions with MULTIPLE selected answers (ie: select all that apply)... this is something MANY of our questions need, rather than using open-ended or multi-line answer options (as there's no way to turn that information into data).

Could not be without it!

What I really appreciate are the review features. This supports quick check-ins to a comprehensive CEO 360 Feedback processes that even our board members participated in. It makes it simple to administer goals, OKRs and performance reviews. We recently completed our first full review cycle and during the debrief all the constructive feedback from our team was about our internal process - not a bad word to be said about the software at all!

Pros

The additional service and training was great! What I really appreciate are the review features. This supports quick check-ins to a comprehensive CEO 360 Feedback processes that even our board members participated in.

Cons

There are some features that would be useful. Like making all reviews 'visible' at a certain time, as opposed to right away or manually changing their visibility. The reporting is great, but you cannot realise the benefit until you have a reasonable amount of data in the system over a period of time. There are also some features that the platform doesn't have - but it is a single use platform, fantastic for reviews and goals.

September 2016

Jesse from Crown Consulting, Inc.

Industry: Government Relations

Paperless time-saving review process

Our previous process was a very lengthy, time-consuming process. The PerformYard platform offered a paperless, and ultimately a time-saving process. The platform also allows you to track the various steps, which helps with maintaining timelines. I rely heavily on the on-boarding workflow feature. It enables me to put in all of our basic NDAs, or any different training form, or handbook receipt forms. It comes back to me, it's on PDF, and I can just save that straight to our database. In about two weeks everything was up and running, once we got our information in the system, the forms built, and webinars conducted for the staff. Lastly, PerformYard makes us look more professional, having a system in place to on-board a new person and automate the review process.

Pros

ROI, any time spent on a review is going to go to overhead, If we can get the staff back to what they need to be doing it's worth it.

Cons

I could not think of a Con. It is a very straight forward platform that solved pain points for our organization.

Response from PerformYard

Replied September 2016

Thank you so much, Jesse! We have enjoyed working with you and look forward to continuing to support Crown Consulting's HR and Performance Appraisal processes for years to come.

Jackie from Exceptional Software Strategies, Inc.

Great customer service and site is easy to use and navigate!

Ease of use and navigate, ability for employees to work on review from anywhere, flexibility to customize to the way the company operates with reviews, fantastic and quick responding customer service

Pros

The site is easy to use as an admin and user friendly for the employees. The customer service was very quick to respond and help when needed. We also enjoyed having multiple levels of approvers and ways to assign reviews to specific groups of employees. I, also, enjoyed running reports to see where everyone stood in the review process.

Cons

Unfortunately, it is a separate website which for our specific situation, was what we were trying to move away from. We ended up moving our reviews to our system that already holds HR, Benefits, Payroll, and Annual Reporting data. For our company, it made sense to keep the reviews in the same system the employees are already going into.

Piper from Biocare Medical LLC

Industry: Biotechnology

System Worth Having!

It has been a very good partnership so far.

Pros

I like the ease of use of the system. We rolled this system out in an effort to get off of a paper-based system and it has been exactly what we needed. Using the system has been easy for our employees and has been easily integrated into our weekly 1:1 meetings. Setting up a review has been fast and efficient. We have had a great account rep!!

Cons

My only downside is that we do not currently have an HRIS that links directly with PerformYard. So as a result I have to upload new data manually. This is not a huge issue it is just not as convenient as a real-time feed would be.

Reasons for Choosing PerformYard

I felt that for what we needed it was well priced and would allow us to get off paper with an easy to use system that anyone could jump into and understand. Rolling this system out went very well. Usage is also very high as Managers are confident in how to use the system too.

We Love PerformYard!

PerformYard has really streamlined our performance review process and made our lives easier, from both an admin standpoint and employee standpoint. We have received great feedback from our organization and have had a great experience so far!

Pros

User friendly Intuitive Amazing customer service Lots of training and resources available Many different cool features and functionalities

Cons

I wouldn't say I dislike anything. The only thing I would say here is I wish admins had the ability to edit a few more things - ex. the content in the notifications that PerformYard sends, along with the final look of the reviews.

Sarah from 4C Insights

Perform Yard Review

I am a relatively new user and my experience thus far has been good. The product is pretty intuitive and easy to use. Additionally, my customer service experience has been amazing. Our Account Executive is Lauren Staley and she has been so attentive and patient in helping me navigate PerformYard.

Pros

Ease of use, reporting functionalities, the amount of info you can store about employees, org charts.

Cons

The reporting functionalities could be improved - it is hard to create custom reports that are easy to pull/read, it is hard to assign some of the review forms (for example, we do upward and peer feedback, in order to do assign these we have to manually assign them 1 by 1).

Response from PerformYard

Replied September 2016

Thank you, Sarah! You are quickly learning PerformYard and we certainly have enjoyed working with you and 4C Insights over the past year. In regard to your comment about assigning review forms, the employee and manager review forms are automatically assigned with the use of our template and cycle features. For certain peer and upward feedback forms there is unfortunately not a way at this time for the platform to predict the assigning process. We appreciate your feedback and we are always improving the software based on customer needs. We look forward to continuing to support 4C Insights HR and Performance Appraisal processes.

Candice from VCC

Great Performance Management Software Platform

This is the first time our organization has used an online platform for goals, feedback, and performance reviews. I am pleased that we will now have a way to track employee career development and keep continued conversations going about goals.

Pros

Easy to set up with a dedicate Customer Success Manager guiding you along the way. It integrated with ADP so employee data synced with the system. The online support website is great for additional learning information as well.

Cons

I would like to see a little more flexibility with being able to make changes and those changes update across reviews already set up. I would also like to see a way to send out notifications or emails from PerformYard in regards to sending out a message to employees to set goals vs. setting up a goal setting review form. Now that we have rolled out, I notice that not all employees are using the review form and instead are creating goals separately which is okay but I prefer the review form analytics to see who has completed goals vs. looking at the company review tab to see who all has completed goals.

Reasons for Choosing PerformYard

We chose PerformYard over other products because of the ease of use of the product, goal setting capabilities, 360 degree feedback, reporting, and customer support

Trey from Corcoran Glass & Paint

Awesome product

We felt this product had the best value. It was the lowest price than the other 6-7 options we looked at, and can do essentially everything the others could.

Pros

This product has many functions that are company is able to utilize. We can run our entire review cycle through PerformYard, upload company documents that our employees always have access to, get employees to e-sign on handbook changes, implement internal surveys, as well as external surveys to customers for feedback. Their customer service/implementation teams were extremely helpful.

Cons

A little tough to navigate around at first, especially as an administrator, because there are so many functions. It did get easier over time. I also wish there were more options for customizing the emails that carry the links to PerformYard. They're generic/robotic and wish we would have the opportunity to format and change some of them.

Nicole from Quaero

Solid Performance Tool

This performance platform has all the features you could want along with the flexibility to make your review process and goal setting as customized as you like. The support is great, very responsive to any inquiry and goes above and beyond to ensure you have what you need! Users do have to log in regularly to familiarize themselves with all the features and particularly at review time it is beneficial to walk them through how to use it, if they do not get in on a regular basis. Overall, great product that streamlines not only the review and goal setting but really allows managers to have a great catalog of accomplishments, comments and progress to look back on.

Response from PerformYard

Replied April 2017

Thanks for the feedback Nicole; it's been great to support you and Quaero and we look forward to continuing to work together.

Alexandra from Select Equity Group

Industry: Investment Management

Amazing value, easy to use and excellent customer support - perfect for BambooHR users

Pros

-The simplicity of the user interface -Low cost relative to other options -Excellent customer service (more consultative/strategic vs. pure "support") -Integration with BambooHR

Cons

Not completely customizable, but to be expected given the cost

Price and ease of use

Daniel from American Foundation for Suicide Prevention

Industry: Fund-Raising

The initial setup was easy. They provided personal training and were always available for questions.

easily administer our performance review process online. All I do is set it up and the system takes care of the rest - providing email prompts to user to fill out or review forms. It's easy to use and saves us time.

Pros

flexibility. I can use some or all of the features. The value for the money is very high. Cost per person is low, and the feature set is large.

Cons

The jargon can take some getting used to; forms, templates and reviews took some getting used to, but the help library is great.

Julie from M3

Easy to use and customize.

Automated, paperless reviews that are easy for busy managers and employees to complete with easy administration and set up. Highly customizable.

Pros

The system for setting up review forms is highly customizable and it's very easy to create review templates, schedule them, view results etc. Much easier than any of the other systems I have learned in the past.

Cons

At this point there is nothing that I don't like. I have only been using it two months so I am still playing around with reporting and it seems good but down the road I might have suggestions there.

Reasons for Choosing PerformYard

PY was the partner for our new payroll system and we are delighted with it.

John from Prismier

If there was ever a time to give >5 stars, this would be the time! Great behind the scenes support.

The product was the simplest and easiest way to move from a paper driven performance management process to a slick and easy online process.

Pros

Flexibility: The best part of this software is that our current performance review form could be replicated within Perform Yard. Ease of use: Once the basic form was created, it was easy to duplicate and revise to complete 20+ job review forms. Adoption: Even the most reluctant managers were quick to adopt the Perform Yard process.

Cons

The only drawback to the program is the inability to add a 1-on-1 performance management aspect in conjunction with the regularly scheduled performance management process.

Trey from CGP

Simple to use with a lot of features

Would recommend to others

Pros

-Ease of use. Many of our employees who hate technology acknowledged how easy it was -Email notifications when needed -Many features such as reviews, surveys, customer feedback, and goals

Cons

Have been using for about a month and so far have no complaints. The only (minor) issue we encountered was that some employees were completing their evaluation, submitting it, were under the impression it submit, but it never went through to their manager. We were not able to determine if it was user error, or an error with the program itself.

Rachel from Hanover Research

PerformYard performs for our entire company

PerformYard helped us add rigor and uniformity to our review cycles. With the platform, it is easy for managers to compare direct report's performance across review periods, as well as to their peers. Managers appreciate the consistency of their employees' performance records in one place, and our HR team uses the platform to send and store company policies that new hires need to sign for our company record. What really makes PerformYard stand out is their exceptional customer service. They give us custom support with review cycle set-up and promptly reply to questions. When our main contact is out of the office, we always know who to reach out to instead.

Response from PerformYard

Replied March 2017

Thanks Rachel! We've loved supporting Hanover and having you as a customer for the last four years. It's exciting to see such forward thinking leadership from the entire HR team and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership as you grow. - PerformYard

James from North American Meat Institute

Great product

Pros

Cons

No cons to the product. If anything our company could use more training in uses more of its features.

Crystal from Digital Media Solutions

PeformYard was very customizable and worked with our varies business lines

Paperless system and tracking of performance at all levels of the organization.

Pros

I love how it is so easy to set-up use and the customization. Our company has multiple business units and we needed a performance management system that would work for the variety of businesses this system allowed us to customize almost all features that we needed.

Cons

There really is not anything that we have found so far that I don't like about it. The system is very good.

Response from PerformYard

Replied May 2018

Appreciate the feedback Crystal - we've really enjoyed supporting you!

William from Mytex Polymers US Corp

Industry: Plastics

Excellent Performance Tracking!

It was fast and easy to complete all necessary documentation.

Pros

This software works fluently for whatever your need is for performance tracking of employees.

Cons

There is currently nothing that I dislike about the software.

Chelsea from Consultants for Children, Inc

Very Efficient and So Helpful!

Overall, PerformYard has made the review piece of my job so much easier. Another great aspect of PerformYard is the workflow function, where I can assign tasks to employees and see the progress of it being completed. I can also send documents to employees in case I need their signature. It's wonderful!

Pros

I'm currently in the process of my first Review Cycle and it has gone very smoothly. Being able to assign different peers and supervisors makes performance reviews so much easier.

Cons

I've had some minor glitches, but the support team is WONDERFUL.

Elizabeth from Family Physician Plan

2017 Performance Review

Kudos to the great customer services and the excellent guidance from. They were kind and no matter how much I asked the same questions they always help me with the process. They took their time never in a rush! Customer Support is a keeper!

Pros

Cons

Goals was a challenge for many of my employees. I would like for the system to have a trigger that do not allow to continue until the goals are completed.

Kelly from Realty Capital Management

Makes the Review Process So Easy

I really like the training and support I received while setting up our reviews.Representative replied almost immediately to any questions or concerns I had and worked with our unique structure to make the review process easy. I was able to get the entire office done with their yearly reviews within a month of setting up PerformYard.

Pros

The ability to schedule a review and have reminders sent automatically to the managers, peers, and employees is so much better than me needing to hunt them down to get the reviews done. The customer support and training is better than almost any other software I have ever used. The staff likes the ability to be able to keep documents or feedback through out the year so when review time comes around the have a place to reference specific details.

Cons

I wish the reporting could be formatted for our needs.

John from Cumberland Packaging Ltd

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Unlocking the potential within my organisation

The was the part that made the above con so easy the support was spectacular and honestly nothing was an issue they could not have helped more. 11 out of 10 that's how good they are.

Pros

The software is easy and structured and allows all my staff participation with the direction of the company and the part they play through review and goal setting features.

Tucker from Princeton

Perform Yard for the Win!

I’m currently doing reviews for my company and it’s very easy to mange and complete. Very happy experience.

Pros

Perform yard is very easy to use. Detailed, support is very helpful and detailed. Overall very pleased.

Cons

Haven’t found anything negative yet hopefully I don’t!

Mary from Ulteig Engineers, Inc.

Industry: Civil Engineering

We were looking for a system that accommodated our changing needs and was both easier to administer and easier to use for our end users.

Pros

The ease of use for our end users. It is fairly intuitive and straight forward.

Cons

We would like to be able to have an automatic data load and not have to load data manually. Our population changes enough that we need to refresh data weekly, and currently we have to do that manually.

Federico from Metro Credit Union

Very user friendly!

Pros

Simple to use. Would recommend for others to use.

Cons

n/a Nothing seems to be wrong with this .

Arockia from Pyramid Systems Inc

Amazing tool to measure your team's performance

1. Improved the team's performance 30% 2. Utilized this for PIP and enabled resource planning 3. 100% performance traceability and visibility across work streams

Pros

1. Pretty intuitive 2. Easy to navigate 3. Loads of customization

Cons

1. Ability to provide permission to view employee performance in a matrixed environment 2. Add and delete permission at will

jacob from rogue fitness

Pretty good for a medium-sized business

Headache-free, easy to use, and provides plenty of insight for our management. Excellent tool for the arsenal!

Pros

An efficient way to organize and customize the review process within our business. Our old system was rather primitive, and this software has brought us into the present. Saves us time as well, and any time saved on non-work is good for business. It's very easy to use, headache-free. The reports are great. We used to use printed forms and had no real way to compare employees against each other. This saves paper too, and can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

It's a seperate website from payroll/benefits/etc. If there was a way to integrate w/ other software platforms that would be nice to have.

Easy to learn, lots of features

Pros

Cons

Some of the reporting could be better and it would be nice to have a few more mass export features with completed reviews.

Zoya from Freshworks

Pros

PerformYard is an amazingly easy software to use.

Cons

Initially, there were some minor glitches while logging in but I guess that has been sorted out. I can work seamlessly on it now.

Hazel from The St. James

Perform Yard Review!

Pros

Easy access and ability to log in quickly. I've use this with my company since I was hired.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't automatically save my answers.

Christi from TM Floyd & Company

Everybody hated our performance review process!

We implemented PerformYard not quite a year ago in an effort to reduce the efforts and stress associated with our old review process. This tool makes it a lot easier to track where employees are in terms of meeting their goals and objectives and also provides the flexibility to add new goals as things arise during the course of the year. It has made conversations between managers and employees more open and frequent and creates a "living" document to which to refer. From a management standpoint, it's very easy to track where employees are and where everyone is during review cycles.

Carla from Hood Container Corporation

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Amazing Product and Service

This software saved us so much time. The layout and ease of use will make performance assessments going forward easier and smoother. Leadership won't have to look for information to write about because instead of waiting to use it at the end of the performance season, it can be built in real time.

Pros

The ease of use and navigation for both myself and my team. The software made one of the most complained about processes (Performance Appraisals) a whole lot less tedious for our teams. Everything is laid out for you on your homepage. Absolutely perfect.

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints. Except, why didn't I have this sooner!!

Jennifer from PCH

Pleased with PerformYard

PerformYard has great people working there - very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. The staff is accomodating to our requests. The graphics and format are clear and easy to use. As a small general contractor we were looking to find a performance review software that was simple to understand and use. Most of our employees are field employees and do not sit in front of a computer on a daily basis. The software has been a welcome and easy transition from our old review system and our employees seem to love it. We are happy with our decision to purchase PerformYard.

Daniela from ASCM, formerly APICS

Great Tool

PerformYard has been great! Great support and implementation assistance.

Pros

Goal Setting Documents Org Chart Availability to view the Organizational's Goals

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment. So far I really enjoy the system.

Matthew from Lloyd Companies

Overall Good Value

The software was much more user friendly than I had expected. After a short training, I was able to navigate it with ease.

Pros

Great customer service and technical support!

Cons

Slightly confusing interface.

Ernesto from Defense & Space

Industry: Defense & Space

PerformYard Talent Platform

Perform is used to manage the entire company's performance and evaluation and is a huge improvement from our previous system.

Pros

This is an amazing program, it is easy to integrate with your IT system, they provide training on how to use the software. Of all my years in performing employee evaluations - this is the best! Easy to use and it encourages the employee to want to log in and update daily/weekly accomplishments. The software is also cost effective and there's a budget for all sizes of companies.

Cons

If they had an after hour customer support team.

Whitney from Cassady Schiller CPA's & Advisors

Easy to use system

Pros

Love the ease and use of the system. Very minimal training was given to employees because the system is very user friendly. The employees like that everything is electronic. I like that our managers have all documentation in one location.

Cons

There really is not much to say... I wish that the system would allow our employees to send their own reviews out to managers but I knew this before purchasing. I have been working with my rep and there is a possible "work around" for this.

Sharon from WNIG

Great performance management system

We were looking for a system to automate our performance management process and SMART goals tracking. The system has provided us with what we need and is easy for our employees and managers to use.

Pros

We have found PerformYard to be user friendly. It also provides us with the flexibility that we need for the various companies in our family of companies.

Cons

So far we have not found anything to dislike.

Reasons for Choosing PerformYard

Primary reasons PerformYard became a finalist was that it provided the flexibility we needed and the price.