• Pros

• "This is pretty easy to use and very convenient."

• "Very easy to use; virtually foolproof. Takes very little time to learn nuances of the program. It’s great"

• "Easy to use, and customer support is awesome! They're super helpful and knowledgeable! "

• Cons

• "The set up is a little confusing at times, but QuickBooks has support for it. Just make sure you allow enough time to set it up."

• "I like this software but now the prices are going up every year so its hard for some to afford that kind of money."

• "There really isn't a con that stands out - there might be some improvements in the time entering function however once you get used to all the fields you can quickly enter through them."

Browse QuickBooks Payroll Reviews

Joanne from zigs

A useful tool for money

very god

Pros

This is a good product easy to use for advantage person

Cons

Maybe more online instructions would be good

Paul from CRS Tax Solutions

Quickbooks Online Payroll

The software continues to be very efficient and provides ease of use. However, the confidence I have in customer service is what makes me stick with this software and not look elsewhere for an alternative.

Pros

Ease of implementation and constant guidance available from customer service to resolve any issue. Also the ability to access and run payroll from any device that can reach the internet provides so much productivity.

Cons

The Elite payroll service seems so restrictive. I cannot access many of the settings or execute many of the functions that I could through the Core payroll service. To change these settings I need to go through customer service, which was very confusing and frustrating during the implementation of the payroll service.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payroll

Years of experience with the product and with the customer service of this product.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

We wanted to integrate payroll into bookkeeping function of the business and we wanted to control when and how the payroll was executed rather than depend entirely upon a 3rd party service to execute this function for us.

Gethsun from Sunculture

Industry: Oil & Energy

QuickBooks Review

Quickbooks will make a great choice for a small-medium size business as an introductory software for managing purchases, accounting, and financials.

Pros

Customizable reports Pricing controls feature Real-time financial tools and advanced tools to manage employees & payments.

Cons

Absence of vital reports outside accounting & finance. Lack of industry & business-specific features like tracking/e-commerce and tracking

Business Need

Kimberly from Pocket Books, LLC

Quickbooks Payroll don't be fooled

If you have a simple payroll this is not a terrible product. If you have employees in multiple states, I would not recommend.

Pros

The integration with Quickbooks online was a key factor. It is also very easy to use once the setup is complete.

Cons

The customer service is non-existent. I have a client that uses the full service payroll, and if there is an error where Quickbooks is at fault, it is impossible to ever get them to pay for the error, they will admit the responsibility, but they will not pay for the responsibility. The customer service is tiered so you never speak to a decision maker even when the error is a significant dollar amount. I had this issue in two cases. 1. Quickbooks processed a duplicate payroll costing my client $15,000+ and despite full documentation that they were responsible, they would not pay for the error. 2. I set up a new client on full service payroll with employees in the state of Nevada. QB did not support filing one of the taxes required for the state. They did not disclose this and admitted that they did not disclose at the beginning nor did they prompt the client to file the return when it came due. Quickbooks did take responsibility for the error by admitting it, but they would not take responsibility for the taxes and penalties.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payroll

Price and integration with accounting software.

Luke from Luke Gilbert Consulting LLC

An Industry-Leader & Solid Product

Overall, the experience has been positive but I am unsure about the current trends and future

Pros

Name recognition; ease of access & availability to our firm and also the clients; and familiarity of the product.

Cons

The overall cost to use the product, largely due to always-increasing subscription prices, is the primary downside to using QuickBooks Payroll, or any Intuit/QuickBooks product.

Juan from Statewide Septic

Industry: Utilities

New to Quickbooks auto payroll

I'm very new to Quickbooks Payroll but my experience thus far has been nothing short of great. I have been using other Quickbooks products for many years though and I'm very satisfied with Quickbooks as a whole.

Pros

This software includes all the features I was looking for in one place and for a great price. My main concern as a business owner was ease of usage, accessibility and automation. This software met all these requirements and then some. The interface is very easy to navigate and user friendly and I can access everything whether I'm at home, office or on the go with their array of applications. Once everything is set up properly, there's no need to worry about it which is a huge time saver for me. I'm very busy as it is meeting clients, drafting proposals and doing the accounting, so anything I can automate reliably is of great help.

Cons

The actual set up of the payroll was a lengthy process and required to have a lot of information on hand but I wouldn't really consider this too much of a con since I had one of their amazing specialists helping me with every single step of the process. She did almost of all the work for me if I'm being honest, I just inputted data as instructed. She was very thorough and thought of concerns I didn't even think about. Just make sure you have ample time to get through the whole set up calmly.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

ADP was very expensive in comparison to Quickbooks. I was paying more than double of what I pay now ONLY for payroll services, whereas with Quickbooks I get full service automated payroll and accounting for half the price. Mind you, even Quickbooks top tier bundle service, it's still cheaper than ADP and offers so much more.

Debbie from Retrofitting360 Inc

Best in house payroll software EVER!

Love Love Love it! I recommend all small businesses use this program. It will also file you taxes for you.

Pros

I love the reminders QB payroll gives me. I get busy and I have different employees on different pay schedules and QB reminds me to pay on time. The amount of lines I can use for commission, Mileage, Bonuses etc... it what makes this such a great program

Cons

It does not track commission to a specific job via the payroll check. Other than that it's awesome.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payroll

I use QB for all my accounting so this is perfect.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

Convenience of having payroll at my finger tips.

Nicole from Seven Salon

Wouldn't Change A Thing

The ability to do payroll myself, instead of having an outside company do it is of great value to me.

Pros

Ease of use, quick response to any issues or changes needed

Cons

Integration was easy, they walked us through everything step by step.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

Wanted to have the control of doing it myself

ROSS from Taurus Landscape Services, LLC

Decent Product

Very good product, does what you need it to. However a few more detail options would be good.

Pros

Easy to use. Offers integration through third party apps

Cons

Unable to specify an Employee class type.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payroll

We use Quickbooks Online software so setup was minimal. Pricing was the same.

Michelle from BFS

QuickBooks Payroll is a Mid-Range Option

QuickBooks Payroll is a good solution for payroll. There are other products that offer more functionality but this does the trick for small companies.

Pros

QuickBooks Payroll is an easy-to-use payroll option, especially for QBO users. If you are on QuickBook Enterprise, you will have a separate account to administer payroll. It is easy to integrate your payroll with your QBO books which is very helpful. Payroll is easy to run and administer.

Cons

The reporting is lacking behind their competitors. A straight-forward payroll journal is not as easy to find as it should be. They do not file and remit payroll taxes in all states which is inconvenient.

The best payroll software I'm aware of

I use Quickbooks Payroll for multiple organizations to process all aspects of payroll. I have used it for employees in four different states. I've already mentioned how useful it is in automatically calculating and tracking everything. I also use it to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for government tax agencies. I especially appreciate the ability to e-file several tax reports and e-pay some taxes as well. Each year I prepare and file employees' w-2s using Quickbooks Payroll, which makes the process fairly simple.

Pros

My favorite thing about Quickbooks payroll also happens to be the most important thing about it...it is accurate! The payroll tax rates and rules are always updated to maintain accuracy in a changing landscape. When processing payroll, everything is automatically calculated and tracked for accuracy - including annual salary, vacation and/or sick pay, holiday pay, withholding tax, and unemployment tax. I don't have to worry about manually calculating things, knowing when there are tax changes, or potentially making mistakes.

Cons

I most dislike how expensive Quickbooks Payroll is. I only use the Enhanced Payroll subscription that integrates with existing Quickbooks desktop software or Quickbooks online subscription. That means I do all of actual work in processing payroll and payroll taxes, rather than using a more full-service option. I think the (ever increasing) several hundred dollars per year it costs to have the subscription is unreasonable. (In addition there's a separate fee for each direct deposit check.) However, the truth is, I rely so much on the functions of Quickbooks payroll that I continue utilizing it despite the cost complaints. I haven't come across anything better so I feel I have no choice.

Peggy from Polished Properties-US, LLC

If you are using contractors, QB online Premium is not a good solution

Overall good product, but frustrating for the segment that manages contractor payments.

Pros

pretty easy to use set up easily integrated in QuickBooks Online

Cons

Biggest issues are: -Customer service transfers you around many times because no one owns the issues with payroll with contractors. - Time drain - Normal issues have either taken multiple calls to resolve, or have taken hours on the phone because if an agent hangs up, they cannot continue to work on your issue - they have to take the next call - so they waste your time waiting while someone tries to read the full manual to figure it out, when in fact, it is a recent programming changes issue. - Integration with other Apps - You cannot integrate a time card app because only hours are uploaded from app to QuickBooks and we cannot map $/hr pay for contractors, only employees. Who focuses on contractor payments? - RECENT "improvements" and rate increase double the cost of the tool for my company.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payroll

thought it was going to be easy to use

Michael from Premier Property Cleaning & Maintenance LLC.

Excellent Software & Customer Service

I've switched from ADP to Quickbooks Payroll. I really enjoy having all of my businesses extremities implemented under one system. It's basically a one-size fits all. I am able to print my own payroll checks and vendor checks when I want and not have to wait for shipping. I enjoy having that flexibility. I also enjoy the fact that I can implement labor into my project management to see our profit/loss in real time. Excellent service overall.

Pros

Quickbooks online has made it incredibly easy for me to run and maintain my business from an administrative standpoint. I am able to manage my business from an iPad, which gives me the freedom that I need to move around. It is easy to use with an incredibly intuitive user interface. I can track payments, invoices, project management, etc. I will continue using this software.

Cons

I do not particularly like the Quickbooks mobile application. I've found that it lacks features or is harder to navigate than the online platform. I'm able to pull up the online platform from my iPad, which is the direction I tend to go when using Quickbooks from a mobile device. I wish the mobile application more closely resembled the online web platform.

Vicki from BMI Surgery SC

Payroll Service for Small Offices

I have not had any problems with quickbooks payroll at all. I would recommend this service to other businesses. I also found them to be cheaper that the other payroll companies out in the market.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. Has all of the options we need for tracking deductions, types of pay, vacation accruals, 401K, flexplan deductions, etc. Online check stubs for the employees. They can just log on and get a copy of their paycheck. They automatically receive an email when the check is ready to review. Easy data entry. Quickbooks takes care of all of the Federal and state filing forms and payments. If you use Quickbooks for your business you can set it up to automatically transfer the payroll to your general ledger. Saves time and prevents errors.

Cons

If you don't start out using this software with your quickbooks when you first implement - you are not able to keep your payroll history. If you need to convert from one software to another - I would recommend doing it at the time of your physical year.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payroll

Because I use quickbooks for all other accounting functions and I know that they have a good reputation.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

Their prices was getting a little high and it was cheaper to go with Quickbooks payroll

Ruben from Rubens Plumbing Services

Customer Service

Quickbooks Payroll has been easy to use. We just recently started using Quickbooks for payroll. If I would have known how easy it was, I would have switched along time ago. I do not like change much, so if it works why switch. Quickbooks has been working well for our business.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly. I love the simplicity of it. And When I have an issue chatting online instantly is amazing. Today I had an issue with our address since we moved our office and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing. He was genuine in asking how my day was and very understanding and friendly. He took care of my issue and made sure it would not come up again.

Cons

In the 5 years that we have been with quickbooks there is really nothing bad I can say about the software. It has been great for our business.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

Pricing and ease of having everything together on one platform

Sarah from Paramount Rental Services LLC

Industry: Oil & Energy

QuickBooks Review

Personally I like quickbooks for the most part. My biggest issue is when I do call customer service for something I always get a different answer to the same question. It seems like most of the customer service reps don't actually know so they tell you what they think is right. It has been so frustrating that if [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] hadn't helped me I would have seriously considered another avenue then keeping quickbooks. I spoke with 6 different people about a corrections case and every time I was given conflicting information to the same question. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the only rep that has really known what he was talking about and took the time to call me the next day and resolve the issue while also providing with the email to verify he was correct. He did a great job and i truly appreciate him. The res of your reps I have spoken to since March really don't seem to know and when I mention that they are providing conflicting info they blame it on "oh well sorry that person was mistaken." That is not acceptable.

Pros

The ability to run payroll efficiently, early and make edits before payday if need be. Also printing previous pay checks and payroll summary is very helpful

Cons

some of the reports are more complicated than they need to be and the credit card sync is not fluid. it creates too many duplicates when there is a business credit account with multiple cards on the same credit account.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

Gusto was inconsistent and difficult to speak t anyone when there was an error

Agnieszka from MT&@ Associates, Inc.

QuickBooks Payroll Review

Good but the items above have to be corrected for us to be completely satisfied.

Pros

We use the Intuit Full Service payroll. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very helpful the other day spending many ous on the phone with me in efforts to correct our issue.

Cons

There are two CONS I want to mention. Both of them do not have to do with the service [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] provided. 1 - it is very difficult to get a hold of a representative on the phone. We have desktop version of Quickbooks. The Intuit Full Service payroll advertises we should use a feature embedded in Quickbooks online to call speak to a representative. We do not have that option as we do not use the online version of the software. This needs to be attended to. No one wants to be on hold for 45 minutes to be able to talk to a representative. 2 - the IIF file import form Intuit Full Service payroll to desktop Quickbooks has a flaw. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I spent hours the other day talking to Quickbooks desktop people and although they found a fix, it was just one-time fix. Please, refer to the service ticket [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I were working on for details. This also requires immediate attention.

Ease of use

Quickbooks ease of use

Anne from GreenPower Motor Company, Inc

#CJM

It's very easy to use and support are easy to contact and are very helpful.

Pros

We use Tsheets as well to integrate with QB payroll and i find the process to be very easy. Processing payroll as well as the cut off times are easy and excellent for our business.

Cons

The reporting on payroll is not sufficient, for instance, being able to run customized reports has not been easy. It would also be great to be able to have a secondary payroll user that doesn't have access to all the accounting as well.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payroll

It was simpler to switch to given we mainly use quickbooks for our accounting purposes.

Paul from Ayala's Small Business Consulting

Affordable, full service payroll

As an Intuit ProAdvisor, full service payroll is an added value to the reselling of a discounted QuickBooks Online account. As an additional service to my retainer clients, I can process their payroll on any interval they choose, and I can handle any type of compensation arrangement they have with their employees. The best part is, it only takes a few minutes and I can do it all effortlessly through the mobile app. And since the ability to pay independent contractors via direct deposit was introduced, my Bookkeeping clients love the fact that they no longer have to worry about writing out checks to their contractors. Filing Forms W-2 (for employees) and Forms 1099-MISC (for independent contractors) is a breeze at the end of the year and paying all their quarterly payroll taxes takes only a few minutes every three months.

Pros

Cost is much less expensive than any payroll services company. Direct deposit payments, employee portals, Form W-2 and Form 1099-MISC filing, quarterly tax filing, electronic tax payments, direct deposit payments for independent contractors, powerful and customizable financial reporting, easy collection of Form W-9 information, reliable mobile app for process payroll from anywhere, support for multiple pay rates, benefits and withholding support, and more.

Cons

QuickBooks Payroll is available for both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online accounts. With QuickBooks Online, you are dependent on the availability of an Internet connection at the time you wish to process payroll.

xena from helix corp

Industry: Consumer Electronics

effortless book keeping

experience with payroll is really cool, the software actually calculate the holdings and make life easy for me, definitely a robo accountant that i don't have to pay a salary to. Over all experience : just love it and wish i had it from the beginning of my business. For new users, make use of support. Don't hesitate to call , ask questions , ask again if you have to they will walk you through it. Like i say be dumb and learn it . take the time to do so because the end result is amazing . knowing your finances is straight can save your life. aka....sleep well .

Pros

it keep track of your income and expenses by simply attaching your bank account. almost does your tax return. lol save a lot of time doing your data entry thus cost effective, no need for a special person to enter all your receipts etc keep correct info on all money related transaction and balance your check book , can keep your spending and saving on check. I can make adjustments by just looking at my balance sheet. almost cool for idiots to use. :) perfect

Cons

if i made a mistake and had to go hunting for the problem, but i can just call up support and let them know ( how stupid i was ) and they just fix it. so not really a con. for invoicing however , can take a little polishing up especially if i am doing an estimate and need to send it out, i must be extra cautious.

Kathy from Servpro

QuickBooks review

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was great; however, it took me over 30 minutes to get to him. Once I got to him, he was able to resolve my issue pretty quickly. He was very professional and knowledgeable.

Pros

Entering and sending payroll is very easy, generally.

Cons

It is difficult to access some information and not everything transferred over from our desktop version as it should have.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

Our corporate office forced us to. If I had the choice, I would have stayed with desktop.

john from Gilmore Cosultants

Full service is great choice for small S-Corps

I am a cash flow designer for small businesses. I put structures in place to get them moving their money around their small business for useful reporting and cash flow predictability. Often they are transitioning to S-Corp status and needing to level up their approach to Payroll. I like Quickbooks full service payroll for this.

Pros

Weekly Payroll at no extra cost, which is great for my clients who are primarily small S-Corps not used to running payroll; I have to get that money into their account so they don't mix up their funds and spend out of their business accounts on their personal life. I also like how when there are issues, they walk me through how to fix them in the interface really well. As a non-expert on payroll, using it for only a few clients, this has been really excellent.

Cons

I wish it was easier to change bank accounts for the draw. Over time I move clients from single checking accounts to split accounts with operations expenses separated in certain ways; at some interval I tend to want to move the payroll draw to a new bank account. This is hard, in part because the settings inside payroll are housed in a weird interface that locks up in weird ways if you login from various accounts at the same time. Feels like old old old software suddenly, not modern Intuit stuff.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

I have switched clients from local providers not because those providers aren't solid, but generally because they aren't flexible enough to move to a weekly cadence on payroll which matches the other weekly fund transfers I insist my clients make.

Jackie from Focus Physiotherapy

QB Payroll Review

Our company started with Quickbooks Payroll 5 years ago with 2 employees and we are still using them today with 25 employees. It is simple enough to use for a start up company, but has the features that are needed to comply with required regulations as the company grows.

Pros

I like that if I have made a mistake in payroll, I can call QB and it can be "fixed" before the money ever hits our employees' accounts. I also like having the ease of all the payroll summary reports when completing bank and legal documents that ask for payroll information, or creating budgets for the company.

Cons

While the software is great for the majority of payroll situations and the customer service is knowledgeable in most situations, if a more complicated situation arises with payroll, it may take a few calls to get the right person who will keep problem solving with you until the problem is completely resolved.

Brianna from TruEdge Builds, Inc.

A God-send for Small Businesses

I would recommend Quickbooks Payroll to new businesses that are looking for an easy way to stay organized and pay bills on time.

Pros

As a cost-plus general contractor, we highly utilize the ERP Integrations System from Procore to create vendors in Quickbooks. Within those vendors, it is easy to enter and pay bills to subcontractors. Creating customer jobs allows us to use job-cost codes to bill our clients. The reconciliation tool helps us double check that our charges match up what is on our monthly statement. Also, the ability to print checks through Quickbooks is useful and looks professional. Probably the most useful tool in Quickbooks is the Profit & Loss tool that allows you to break out individual G/L accounts and easily see your gross income and profit. If our company did not have Quickbooks, we would be so unorganized. Quickbooks is a fantastic software that keeps our expenses, payroll, and vendors organized and stored all in one helpful place.

Cons

The reconciliation tool for credit card charges can be challenging to use and takes additional introduction and training from an accountant to ensure it is being done correctly.

Michael from Team Up Staffing

Save the day!!

LMR saved me and my team getting paid and walked me through and entire process in one hour that took Surepayroll a month to do. And didn't even get it right. LMR saved that day and it was so refreshing and easy to use and she was so knowledgeable and helpful and really went over and above what I could ask for. I can't believe I didn't sign up with Intuit payroll first. Now I know!

Pros

the UI, ease of use and how everything flows and is connected

Cons

I can't think of anything right now. So, I may have to get back to you.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payroll

Superior product. superior customer service.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

SurePayroll is a nightmare. be aware.

Jeni from Lopiccolo Construction

From Desktop program to Online program

Fast, prompt and knowledgeable assistance. As a new user to the online platform I am a bit of a chore to help, however I have received fantastic service including explanations so guide to me should the issue return. It is comforting that I can expect a prompt response when I reach out for help as I am uncomfortable with any facet of the company bookkeeping in limbo for any length of time.

Pros

Automatic features such as tax calculations and submit, ease of importing bank feeds.

Cons

Templates limited in customization. Possibly because we are a construction office and our invoicing is a bit particular. Also, I have customized and saved a report similar to the 'print check stub' feature in the desktop version, small learning curve there and wouldn't mind seeing that report option.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payroll

Familiar with intuit products.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

Desktop program file consistently "corrupted" or inaccurate. I inherited the program so am unable to say why 're-building' the company file was constantly necessary however a clean start with a program our accountant can access in real time was a huge draw. Also, the desktop version was being phased out for Windows 7 users.

Wissam from baked bouquet

Horrible Direct Deposit

try it and you will find out.

Pros

It is cheap and integrated with Quickbooks

Cons

Good luck with their new Risk Assessment Department. I have been trying to do Direct Deposit for 3 months in my new company and they cannot get their act together. It is harder than getting a mortgage. My other companies are fine but now they keep asking more and more info to just run $2000 a week in payroll. All because "I am a new company and they front the direct desposit funds". I really do not care. Any other payroll company can do this. They should state that they do not offer direct deposit for new companies.

integrated and cheaper

Andrew from Clockwork 9

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Best of the Best

Pros

Love using Quickbooks compared to everything else we've ever tried

Cons

Not really much, other than the learning curve, but they help out with that a ton. For example, I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] today who walked me through something I was having issues with. Great job!

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

It wasn't full accounting software.

Julie from HOLISTIC, INC.

User Friendly

Pros

Customizable for my business, I like that some items are automatic.

Cons

I wish I could make 401k contributions and dhhr payments through quickbooks so that it was done automatically with payroll. I can make deductions but would love for them to be sent.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payroll

I like being in control of payroll

Salvador from Sparky's Balloons

Simple solution to running payroll via mobile device

My overall experience with both the software and support have been nothing but the best. I think the best feature of Quickbooks Payroll is the service you receive when talking with a solutions agent.

Pros

I enjoy the use of the mobile app to easily review payroll and pay my employees in a timely manner. I also enjoy the functionality of time sheets compatibility to payroll.

Cons

There is nothing. The call back with support is amazing and is withing a reasonable time period to reach back out when I needed the service.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payroll

I choose this because it easily migrated with our accounting software and decreased the payments to my bookkeeper.

Ease of use.

Yvette from La Cuisine D'Yvette

Industry: Restaurants

I should have switched sooner!

I have used Intuit full payroll for years and have been very pleased with them. It was a no brainer to convert from desktop and integrate full payroll with the online quickbooks. Now I can so everything within one program and have assess to my banking transactions! First thing I must say is if you are moving from desktop/intuit full payroll like me, then be ready to back off and let the teams do their jobs. Then dig in and learn the minor changes that are on the software. The customer service has been the best and very helpful!

Pros

I like that it is so accessible and easy. Having been a long time customer of Intuit payroll with my desktop quickbooks the integration of both together has made my life easier!

Cons

The process was more complicated and took longer than I anticipated. I expected my intuit full payroll service to quickly convert to the QBO full payroll. Clearly there are things I cannot see and did not know that took longer. Over all the transition has been very positive. This isn't really a "con" but I would advise future customers to make sure their desktop is completely up todate before they export, then set the desktop version aside and run with the online version. It will simplify your bookkeeping by hours!!!

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

It was time to stop putting in the extra hours posting transactions and integrate and put my quickbooks desktop and intuit full payroll service under one roof! I am still learning and already I am saving time! Thank you Intuit!

Gregorio from Dover Analytics LLC

Very Good Product for Most Situations (with certain reservations)

Generally, customer service is excellent. However, one client with a less-than-perfect record of NSF situations for direct deposit (two incidents in two years due to error, not fraud or deceit) has been severely (and in my opinion, unreasonably) penalized by the QB Payroll Risk Team. In both cases, the funds were supplied the same day, and the client paid a fine. The last incident was more than a year ago, and the risk team still requires that the client submit payroll five banking days before the direct deposit date. On weeks with Monday holidays, employees must wait until the following Tuesday to receive their pay. Of course, the remedy is to never, ever make mistakes with direct deposit funds.

Pros

QuickBooks Online and TSheets interface. Customer service and problem resolution are generally excellent, with well-trained and proficient agents taking calls or on chat. (See below for a specific situation description.)

Cons

QBO and TSheets do not track projects at any sub-level, such as task or milestone, so employee expenses allocated to projects require painful, manual Excel manipulation to bill clients based upon task or milestone accomplishments. Who ever heard of a project without tasks or milestones?

Theresa from DG

Customer Service

Overall it has been easy to use

Pros

Online customer service features/chat option and being able to integrate with QuickBooks software.

Cons

Some of the updates can be frustrating as well as the importing features (lost files, duplicate files, etc).

Recommendation

Kathy from Kathy A Reif

QuickBooks is Awesome

Pros

It is user friendly. Makes accounting more efficient. Reports provide all necessary information.

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about this software.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payroll

More user friendly and tech support is phenomenal.

Kimberly from HAVE iT Wired

Industry: Consumer Electronics

We've got this growing and learning together!

The service can be amazing! I would like to have the option of more power to make my own changes without the assistance of the Pros. Yes, the pros often save my butt but as an innovative entrepreneur I would still appreciate more "EUREKA" moments where I have the freedom to solve my own problems intuitively. Please simplify making changes to bank accounts and other simple controls. Set us up for success and set us free! : )

Pros

Innovation is key! This service offers ways to stretch and grow your company.

Cons

The hard part is keeping up with the changes. I would like to have the option to keep things the way that I have learned and "freeze" my choices when the gears are flowing. Sometimes enough is actually enough. Old school can be enough.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payroll

Online ease and accessibility.

Lori from WeatherTite Roofing

Great potential!

When it's all working, it's great!

Pros

I use the Enhanced Payroll and it works really good. Keeps track of your payroll liabilities, and allows you to pay them online through Quick Books, which is great when it works.

Cons

We switched bank accounts, and it was a nightmare trying to switch all of the payroll direct deposit stuff over. In addition, someone in the office picked up the wrong state for withholding and unemployment and we still have't been able to get rid of it. Just like with Quick Books, if you have a problem and call customer service, plan on several hours with them. They are not quick and often transfer you around before you can finally find someone who can help.

John from onitbooks.com LLC

QuickBooks Payroll Support

More time to focus on the business.

Pros

Ease of use and peace of mind with timely filings and top notch support.

Cons

Would like to be able to classify payroll items by employee.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payroll

Cost & Implementation effort.

Rae from Rae B. Kozlowski Professional Services

QuickBooks Full Service Payroll Rocks

QuickBooks Full Service Payroll has saved me a great deal of time and has assured the accuracy of my Payroll Work. Time saved is money earned and accuracy results in client satisfaction.

Pros

Full Service Payroll is easy to use and it is priced competitively. I like the fact that there are informed Tech Support individuals available when I need a question answered or need help. Today, #CJM was able to help me by quickly adding a payroll item so I could complete my QBO payroll processing in short order. I also like the fact that I do not have to worry about the calculation of or the timing of payroll deposits.

Cons

I do not have any negative comments about Full Service Payroll.

Kara from 1974Rooster Tail Industries

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

QuickBooks Full service Payroll

The service is great. I have used it since the first day our company opened. Last week I spoke to a payroll specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , regarding some payroll checks that I couldn't reconcile. She not only helped with that problem but stayed on the phone with me for almost an hour and a half and walked me through a ton of other bookkeeping problems I had. She was super friendly and her excitement made me feel good about Bookkeeping! I learned more from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in a couple of hours than I have since I started using Quickbooks 3 years ago. The full service Payroll department is the best of all the Quickbooks services offered.

Pros

They handle everything Payroll related. The can share the screen with you and show you how to fix problems.

Cons

Sometimes takes a while to get someone on the phone.

Everardo from Arreola Accounting & Consulting

Payroll Product

Excellent Experience

Pros

Easily to use and works great with my clients needs

Cons

I been real happy with the software. Works great for all my clients needs.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payroll

Works great for all my clients

April 2016

Steven from PSD Ltd

April 2016

Service and support have taken a huge turn for the worse

Pros

Initially, before they took data away from the end user, I liked everything.

Cons

The customer service has become deplorable as of this writing. Never used to be that way. I have been without my payroll data since 1/16, and after 16 separate phone calls, each running through the same steps over and over, the same results. Nothing. Keep being informed that the "engineering team" is on it, but still no resolutions. They promise to call you back later that day, no call. So, I call back the next morning, and have to go through the entire scenario yet again. At this point in time, I'm researching other payroll companies. Intuit keeps sending me emails reminding me about payroll being due, tax forms being due... and I can't access any of the information to file it. Today, 4/19/16, I was told that there was a big software problem, that I wasn't the only one experiencing it... but, it literally took them 16 separate phone calls from me, no return phone calls from them AT ALL, and me finally getting angry and raising cain before they divulged that information. Not at all happy with Intuit right now. Several years ago, they surveyed users as to how to best run payroll. I was very VERY happy with having the data remain with me, backed up with them, and me filing electronically with the information in my computer. They decided to have everything "secured" in their hands. I stated my concern that the potential arrises to having our information trapped if they have any software or hardware issues... "Oh, no sir!! That would never happen!!" .... and now, I have zero access to my accounts and information. And the only response I got today after raising hell, is, "You have to wait and be patient, sir." ... I would have to say be cautious when deciding to use Intuit right now.

TRACY from Sandbox Boyz LLC

Industry: Environmental Services

Quickbooks Payroll

Amazing customer service

Pros

The ease of learning the program was enjoyable

Cons

Can't say that there is anything that I don't like

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

Being able to find out information in the field

Shawn from TOKN CBD

Quickbooks makes life easier

We can do all our invoicing and payroll in the same place. I don't have to have a million different programs going at once which makes things much quicker and more smooth.

Pros

I like that quickbooks offers an app so we can access our account even when we are working on the road. It is a very user friendly program

Cons

I have found that the help feature is not always helpful, but once I get connect to a person they always answer all of my questions.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

You offer a more comprehensive package for our business.

Craig from Twin Ports Builders

Quickbooks wins again

Quickbooks has helped me to organize payroll and helped me to insure that PPP money has been used appropriately.

Pros

I really like how knowledgeable the customer service staff is. I am not an expert in payroll. Quickbooks customer service has been incredible at helping me to learn what needs to be done and where when it comes to payroll. I have many questions being a small business owner and quickbooks can usually answer any questions I have. Very happy with the service!!!!

Cons

Overall I am very happy with the software and customer support.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payroll

Based on quickbooks customer service in other areas.

Katie from Elite Cutover Connections & Splicing

Full Payroll Service Review

It is much easier to keep track of what we are paying and to whom without as many errors.

Pros

It is very easy for our company to keep track of our different employees that work in different states and process their payroll accordingly as well as payroll taxes. It is also easy to pay your unemployment and withholding taxes as well as file quarterly reports and such. They have great customer service if you are ever stuck and need help they will walk you through on what you need to do.

Cons

I have not currently found anything I don't like the more I am learning daily the easier it is getting.

Using Intuit for Payroll

I like QuickBooks Payroll because it keeps us all on track with alerts and aware of when payday is. We haven't come across many issue with it, but when we do, customer service response time is not very quick.

Pros

I get an email every time i need to submit my hours, and every time my pay is direct deposited. There is a link to my paystub as well.

Cons

Customer service is hard to reach & the enrollment process is lengthy (atleast it was for my company).

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

My agent made this decision.

Robyn from RYL Inc LLC

Quickbooks Payroll does the job!

I appreciate the little add-on services that came with QuickBooks Online Payroll - like giving employees access to view their stubs, access to Tsheets, and the ability to pay contractors via direct deposit.

Pros

For a small business with an average of less than 10 employees, it has everything we need. The ability to process direct deposits for the next day, automatic tax calculations and payments, and it's integrated with our Quickbooks Online so all my reports that I need are automatically updated with payroll expenses. The customer support is also fantastic! Really great knowledge when it comes to payroll.

Cons

Not as many reports as Quickbooks desktop has and limited in the customization of reports.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

Needed something accessible from everywhere.

Carol from First United Methodist Day School

New to payroll

So far everything seems like it will work for me well,

Pros

Helpful for me with making my job easier.

Cons

Put in the dashes in the dates, fix the year.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payroll

They no longer supported me with the accounts receivable system I am using. I am hosted and need this support.

Quickbooks Payroll

Quickbooks is the most used software for accountants but I think there are quite a few flaws with it. The basics are user-friendly but not much more than that.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that everything is done for you, essentially. I basically just have to run the payroll and the rest is done for me. I do not have to worry about filing quarterly or annual reports because Quickbooks does it for me.

Cons

There a couple of issues that I have with this software. 1) If I have an employee who has a mailing address out of state, I cannot change the state code in the software. 2)There are only a couple of options on how allowances are paid out and how vacation is accrued. It would be better if they had more options to customize it. For allowances, I have to make sure that I only have it on one paycheck instead of splitting it up between paychecks because it does not add up correctly by the end of the month.

Payroll Pleasure

The biggest benefit is ease of access and paying taxes. It takes the stress out of having to calculate your payroll expenses and being able to select your taxes to be paid through QB is the best!

Pros

Once payroll is set up it is really a set and forget item in Quickbooks. The thing that I like the most is the tax payments, I don't even need to think about the payroll cost, it is done for you.

Cons

You need to consider where your employees live when you choose to have out of state employees. The fees you pay to QB and also the set up of taxes all need to be considered.