• Pros

• "It is really, really inexpensive recruiting software that allows basic functionality like parsing, applicant tracking, keywords."

• "It's a fairly easy software to use and can do lots of things for your recruiting business"

• "Solid ATS program to track both candidates, jobs, and clients. Unique searching of parsed resumes. "

• Cons

• "The reports were lacking but i have the ability to work with that."

• "Takes awhile to catch on; once you do it's fantastic."

• "The color scheme is bad. It's monotone/gray, and it's just not up to date. They just went to a cloud base, but I switched from them. It cost for service too now I believe."

Browse RESUMate Reviews

Mark from Technology Futures Inc. d/b/a EDA Careers

Resumate is AMAZING...changed my business

I searched through nearly 10 different recruiter type databases and NONE were even close to RESUMATE, especially for smaller recruiter firms, though RESUMATE has no real size limit on how many recruiters can work within the system. It is so easy and so amazingly functional and the ability to email or look up an entered candidate on LINKEDIN...(so great) from within the candidates profile is a MUST for every recruiter. This is a more old school simple to use program that has almost everything imaginable feature, that will enhance your internal organizing of every facet of the process, and I mean every single thing imaginable and more. The biggest thing is the detailed search in seconds...the "AND" or "OR" ability of finding matching skills (candidates) is incredible and in seconds. You can find (for example) and engineer with A "OR" B skills "AND" C skills. You can add what states to include or NOT include and you can add levels such as Directors or Managers and even more, all in one search (though as expected the results will be smaller the more you refine your search). It is so comprehensive and easy and once you have the results you can X-OUT the candidates that do not qualify leaving you a group of real fit possibilities. And all I can say is for the most part, it is fairly simple, as complex programs go. As for their support, it is first rate. I have been using RESUMATE for about 3 years and I RARELY have a problem and if I am trying to do something a little different, they are right their to help. You get a real person that knows the program inside out, no outsourced look up the answers in a book, tech response. They do live webinars that I still occasionally take (they are only 30 minutes and they do about 5or 6 a month ) on different areas of the program...I learn or am reminded of a new trick or idea each time. I am not getting paid and I have NO relationship to them whatsoever...I am honestly saying that RESUMATE is so well thought out, so easy to use, so helpful in so many ways and for the money (or at any price) is unbeatable.

January 2016

Martin from Excel Professional Recruiting, Inc.

January 2016

Incredible tool for any needing to magae a talent/customer database

RESUMate has been part of my recruiting business going back to the DOS days! I could spend a lot of time typing the positives about the software, but I'll highlight a few that I think are very important to anyone: (1) Customer Service - I may have had 2 circumstances in 20 years where I thought something went crazy with the software... In reality it was part user (me) error and an MS issue. ZERO information was lost. The tech team at RESUMate quickly "walked me from the edge" and got me up and flying at warp speed. So, in short, I'VE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH THE SOFTWARE. The company makes every effort to make certain you are happy with the software and can utilize its tools. Training is available. They are an open ear to suggestions, and if an outside idea can give them a quality and-on, they make it happen. I consider myself very tech savvy and therefore very tech-needy! I've never been turned away or misunderstood with a question. (2) Powerful - The software doesn't overload you with routines you'll never use, but makes the ones you do more usable and intuitive. (3) Flexible - You can make the search fields as intricate or as simple as you want. The more you put in, the more you can get out. There is very little I can say that would be a negative about the software, but will offer a suggestion to anyone considering a purchase. Be prepared to input a lot of data the first time through. Every search field is something YOU put in. And I add a few search items every month... new technological terms, new skill sets, etc. Connect with other users for ways to simplify your search fields if you can; sometimes too much data is simply too much data. Good luck and good hunting!

Resumate

Very positive if you are on a tight budget, but don't expect a lot compared to other ATS's out on the market. Good product and service in the beginning, but it's dated.

July 2016

Charlene from BDS

July 2016

Excellent tool

Researched this software for a Client. After testing it I did recommend they purchase the product. they have been more than pleased with the result.

Pros

It is very easy to use and I have the flexibility to link to the data with an Access Database and create reports, charts whatever the customer requests.

Cons

The reports were lacking but i have the ability to work with that.

Daniel from Badger Technical Service

Recruiting tools

It is a useful tool to match people with their appropriate jobs

Pros

Easy to use and user friendly. It helps to match people with their career goals and it helps me with my search efforts.

Cons

everything must be entered manually. Their is not enough upgrades available for our needs and constantly needs maintenance.

George from ABTSolutions

January 2016

I have worked with the RESUMate Product since 1993. I have found it to be innovative and very easy

I have had a number of companies solicit my company to use other products and sophisticated as some are , they were significantly more expensive to get 75% of the capability. You must understand, that if you won't consistently input applicable information, you won't have the value. We are big on historical statistical information to measure where we are and to set goals. Wee would like to get that from a single source. RESUMate has satisfied 85% of what we are seeking. We would like to be able to search in the applicant placement records. I would like to customize reports directly from RESUMate. I do have to tell you, that the service is exceptional. If there is a solution, Chuck will get it to me. I get callbacks on the day I make the call. We use the Internet Databases and it may take two days or more before your call is returned. That service is immeasurable!! That is the reason that we will always use RESUMate. Who else gives weekly classes?

January 2016

Jean from Wellington Thomas Ltd.

User Friendly and Comprehensive

Having been in the Recruitment/Staffing business more than 25 years, we have had many different types of programs; customized, proprietary, out-of-the box, off-the-shelf and none of them gave us what we truly needed and wanted until we found RESUMate. We researched for over a year for the best program for our company and chose RESUMate and we have been happy with ever since we acquired and transitioned our other programs over to it. RESUMate is efficient, so easy to use and the training is so comprehensive and unbelievable no one else can compare. The reports and ease of import/export of resumes, spreadsheets, job descriptions, databases and also candidates/clients information has saved us so many hours of work importing and searching. We are sold on this product, and couldn't imagine that anyone could ever change our minds.

October 2015

Donna from Donna Coleman & Associates

October 2015

How did I live without it

Pros

Fast searching, no more printing of all resumes; good customer service.

Cons

Takes awhile to catch on; once you do it's fantastic.

Robert from PetraTech Consultants, LLC

Resumate Recruiting Software

This software is simply the best that I have used in my 15 years in business. With Resumate you can import resumes (that get automatically parsed and classified), manage clients, manage all your Job Orders, and your calendar. It integrates with Outlook and what's very helpful is that you can quickly use Resumate to find all the e-mails sent to a candidate or client. It parses resumes very well and comes with some predefined industry terms and synonyms that you can easily customize to your needs. You can literally import a resume in a matter of seconds and have it automatically classified against your own keywords. Another great thing is that once you buy it, it's yours. None of this cloud based, monthly fee business where you have to have an internet connection in order to work.

Lisa from Radical Recruiters

Excellent Choice

Quite frankly, this is one of the very best investments made into our staffing agency. It is easy to use - we use it as our right hand! We just upgraded to the latest version and it's even more fantastic! The customer service/customer care is beyond today's standards. Since purchasing Resumate in 2007, I have only had to contact them a couple of times and their support was top notch. I had a couple questions on how to operate it when we first got it. Sometimes I even get responses on the weekend (if I wrote an email on the weekend) The price is fantastic too! You know when you have a great experience and you want to tell everyone about it? Well this happens to be one of those experiences and products and companies that deserves to be recognized.

Clay from Clifton Johnson Associates, Inc.

Solid ATS program

All in all a good product for a small to mid size firm that wants their data be hosted internally (though for an a monthly fee you can get a cloud based version).

Pros

Cons

Wish the internet connectivity was stronger. initial set up time can be tedious. Making sure valid table with appropriate entries for your industry can be time consuming. Boolean searching is sluggish because of being unindexed.

Phil from Hunkler Search Associates

January 2016

Simple yet Powerful Software without too many unusable bells & whistles.

I had used ACT....a simple Contact Management Software for almost 14 years before switching to RESUMate back in 2010. I had continued to look for simple recruiting software every other year and could never find a replacement that met my needs until RESUMate. RESUMate is a simple to use but powerful recruiting software. I can inhale a resume easily and create a contact, tag candidates, keyword search, track interviews and activity and even more. I am a time bandit and a firm believer that the quicker I can find what I need and move to my next task the better. RESUMate allows me to do just that without too many keystrokes or clicks. Should you want to customize or need customer service they are a small and smoothly run organization with very quick response times. I actually run RESUMate on a server and have three remote users that log into it..........in essence I have my own cloud and we enjoy a quick response time with no down time. I would highly recommend RESUMate on your short list of recruiting software. Funny, I belong to a national group of independant recruiters (500+) and one complaint they often have is their database software. Not me. RESUMate is a powerful and simple recruiting software.

Dan from The eHG Group

January 2016

RESUMate is an easy to use professional recruiting tool.

RESUMate has been our tool of choice for over 10 years. For our small, retained search firm, it has the necessary bells and whistles to store and find resumes and to find the skill sets for job orders. It has good project (job order) management tools and the "recruiter activity" reporting tools are adequate to manage recruiter productivity. RESUMate has embodied the "keep-it-simple" philosophy. The only area I would like to see improved is the user interface, as it is a little dated and feels a bit like a DOS application. That being said, their is something to say about simplicity. I will not change from RESUMate because the customer service is superior, the tool is solid, and they listen to their clients. I have seen many improvements over the years and the Schaldenbrand's are wonderful to work with. I give them, and RESUMate, my highest recommendations.

Susan from Terra Nova Enterprises

February 2016

Great product and customer service

I've been using Resumate for around ten years in my contingency search firm. It is easy to use, imports and parses resumes and conducts easy searches and detailed searches very quickly. It comes with templates but is also totally customizable. It really lets you drill down and find what you're looking for! The training is great (and free) and the customer service is beyond believable. The few times I've had a problem, Chuck gets back to me quickly and helps me solve my issue in a patient, easy to understand manner. Because the software is not cloud based, I paid once and do not pay recurring fees every month. I had used ACT and Maximizer previously - Resumate is a much better product for recruiters! I highly recommend it!

Randi from Career Counselors Inc.

Affordable but Glitchy ATS for Smaller Recruiters

Affordable ATS for smaller, cost conscious recruiting companies that can get the job done, but definitely has some limitations.

Pros

Affordable for smaller recruiting firms Easily Customizable Responsive customer support Desktop version

Cons

Memory limitations cause loss of data (BAD!) Limited advanced functionality (ie: no email templates, inability to pull data and parse from social media and job boards) Compatibility issues with certain functions Responsive customer support but not always effective at resolving problems, thereby making the product less effective

Whitney from ADEX Medical Staffing

As a recruiter, I've found Resumate to be a little archaic when doing a search.

Pros

Searching for things based on date the data was entered is easy. It also had a great "keyword" search feature.

Cons

Any information listed on a candidates profile notes could be altered through edits or deletion. You also could not easily match a job to a candidate using just their profile.

Joann from Level 1 Resources, Inc

My Recruiting Wishes All In One Application

RESUMate has every functionality that I have ever wished for and beyond packaged in one recruiting application. This application has dynamic searching capabilities, data parsing with auto classification abilities, tracking and matching details on candidate, client and job order activity and many other functionalities that provide a data treasure trove of information that will surprise and delight all at your fingertips. For the past decade I worked with 5 to 6 recruiting application none have had the power, ease of use or training and support that RESUMate has to offer. It's the best buy you will make to take control of your recruiting business.

Eric from Catalyst Recruiting, inc

January 2016

RESUMate is simply the best ATS system I have used. And I have used four over the last 10 years.

The software is compact, very fast, has exceptionally flexible search parameters and has an excellently set-up "relational database system" allowing access to data from multiple views. The integration with Outlook 2016 is flawless. And I like the "social media" and search engine lookup shortcut. The parsing of resumes has been faster and more accurate for .doc, .docx and PDF files than any of the other three ATS I have used. Now you can put it on a remote host, so it can be accessed as web-based if needed. Customer service is fast, friendly and helpful. Ideal for a small - mid-sized recruiting company. I am annoyed that

Millie from The Office Professionals

January 2016

We've had RESUMate for years. First and only software we've ever needed.

We purchased this software in the late 1990's. I'm still "technologically challenged" and even worse in those days. I hesitated to bring a recruiting software into my company. I'm so glad that my employees insisted. RESUMate was substantially less expensive than its competitors; easier to use and to update; and I was amazed at the personal service my company got from the owner and staff--and still do. I highly recommend. Great for finding candidates, updating clients and cloning job orders. So many possibilities that we still haven't explored. A user-friendly must have for a staffing company.

Mark from Apex Executive Recruiting, Inc

Resumate Review

We have used Resumate with great success for 10+ years now and have recommended the product to other recruiters in our network who have been happy users. We like it for it's simplicity and being able to customize it to our specific industry which is Sales and Marketing in the Medical Device industry. We have been running on the cloud the entire time with no issues at all. The customer service is fantastic along with regular training sessions for new recruiters. This is a very cost effective ATS system with yearly upgrades priced accordingly. I highly recommend it.

Sylvain from Perseo

January 2016

Regardless of price, the best recruiting software I found to date.

I evaluated and used many recruiting software. Many with very expensive monthly fees. (Sendouts, Bullhorn, Deskflow') Up to now, regardless of the price, I found none that compares to Resumate in terms of efficiency and ease of use. Sorting, organizing and searches are very easy and efficient to use, all relevant information easy to read on one page, Very interesting reporting, extraction customising and downloading functions. The keyword Index table is incredibly useful. I always got A1 Customer service to answer any of my questions.

Bill from Logitalent, Inc

Game Changer

I operate a one-man recruiting business so it's critical for me to be as efficient as possible. It's also critical that I have a great ATS program without too many knobs, buttons, bells and whistles. RESUMate has been an awesome tool for me with its ease of set-up, use and functionality. The help tools are excellent and on the one occasion I needed to call the response time was immediate and they couldn't have been more helpful. The free regular training sessions are icing on the cake. They've definitely earned a 5-star rating!

Jerred from Quest Energy Group

Resumate

Resumate was a product I used daily and got my money out of it. Easy to use and import resumes and easy to customize.

Pros

I used the one time purchase/non cloud version, and it did what I needed it to do. Houses all resumes, workorders, tracks, etc.

Cons

the color. The color was very bland and just needs to be updated. Old gray looking.

John from CPS Search Inc

January 2016

Solid solution for your ATS needs!

Extensive customization capabilities well suited for any recruiter wishing to track candidates, companies, and job orders throughout the full life cycle process. Inter relational database with great search functions, calendar, follow up and scheduling features, parsing, everything you need. The available free training and customer service/follow up; even responsiveness to email are all top notch! Been using this software for 10 years now through the current version and have never been disappointed. Highly recommended!

Paul from Colebrook Recruiting

Excellent Product

I've been using Resumate for ten years now. Always an excellent answers, quick response from Chuck if needed, although it wasn't necessary, because product is easy to use. I used ACT before and Act became very complicated and Symantec was constantly upgrading to their detriment and became unstable (my opinion). I've looked at other products and Resumate provides solutions for all my needs. Software interfacing, email, etc For me the most important thing is stability, ten years and no crashes or fear of losing data.

Jorge from Optimal Business Solutions

January 2016

Resumate is our ATS of choice.

Resumate is our ATS of choice. It is customizable to fit our Business Processes and hand off procedures. The Dashboard lets you know what has been done and what needs to be done throughout the entire recruiting process. If you have a question the customer service is amazing and you can get your questions answered with a walk through of how to modify the setting. In addition, the online training is available and frequent classes are offered regularly. You can get up and running in a very short amount of time.

Mary from Experienced Resources

February 2016

Resumate has served our needs over the years and has been a good tool to support our business

We have used Resumate for a number of years. As our business has grown and evolved we have been able to continue using Resumate. It is a very flexible system and allows us to capture a huge amount of data. With this we are also able to do a lot of analysis and reporting on our business. Resumate is user friendly but does require a company to have a type of "super user", or someone with a little knowledge about databases. But Resumate do provide very good support for those with questions.

Alan from PAGE Consulting, LLC

January 2016

Resumate is a user friendly applicant, company and activity tracking software.

I've been using Resumate for over 20 years and I've upgraded my software each time Resumate has added more useful tools to make performing your job as a Personnel Recruiter that much more effective and efficient. Price is more than competitive, customer service is excellent and most of all they listen to their users when it comes to making the software as good it can be. Great software, easy to use, great customer service and great pricing. It doesn't get batter than that!

Lou from Capital Search Group

January 2016

I have used and "demo'ed" the major ATS in the market. RESUmate is by far the Best Value!

I have used and "demo'ed" the major Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) in the market. RESUmate is the easiest to use, least expensive and by far the Best Value. In works seamlessly with our primary apps .. Microsoft Outlook (Mail & Calendar), Word, etc., internet based candidate sources (i.e., LinkedIn & Indeed) and we can access via remote connections. Further, the customer support including on-going free web based training provided is outstanding.

Al from Smith Johnson

January 2016

Fantastic software, even better customer service.

Resumate has been a great recruiter software for me. It is very user friendly and the customer service is 'over the top.' For years I've called customer service for what must have seemed like very trivial questions - but never was meant to feel dumb for asking the questions. Every question was answered and every issue resolved. In addition the software is extremely affordable for the power it gives recruiters - major leverage. Love this software.

Lynda from Hood Legal Search, LLC

January 2016

I've used Resumate since 2009 and love it!

As with any program, there are functions that we still haven't learned to use - and a couple functions that we wish the program had - but I've used several others in the past, and Resumate is the most economical and user friendly of them all. As our company has grown, Resumate has grown with us. Very easy to train new staff - and any questions or further training is easily and quickly addressed when contacting the company. Five Stars!! *****

Nancy from HITS! Hi-Tech Staffing

Excellent Recruiting Software System

I have been a user of RESUMate for over 15 years. I have followed their updates thru out and found that each one added great value to our organization. Our Recruiters have found this system easy to search and update. Over the years when we needed assistance during an upgrade or backup, their customer service was prompt and provided assistance up and until we were back online. I would highly recommend this Recruiting Software.

Art from Gage and Associates

January 2016

Easy to use and exceptional customer service

I have had nothing but positive results with the RESUMate software, it handles everything I need as a recruiter. I personally believe it has to be one of the best recruiting software on the market and they are very inexpensive compared to other programs I considered before selecting RESUMate. I have no negatives at all. The ongoing online seminars they provide for free really are unbelievably helpful and free!

Philip from Hegg Executive Solutions, LLC

February 2016

Resumate is a great tool for the Business

Resumate is a great tool to help me stay organized in every area of my business. Marketing, Recruiting, Keeping Searches Organized, Planning & everything ties together. When you update one record in Resumate, it updates all associated records, - Clients, Candidates, Job Orders and you can even create Groups to act as separate planning folders. Resumate is a great product, and a wise investment.

April 2016

Jessica from Excalibur

April 2016

Easy Peasy Resumate Squeezy

Pros

It's great for keeping candidates and clients organized. I also really like how easy it is to extract an excel spread sheet from the system.

Cons

The system is user friendly, but I think that it could be more user friendly. This way it's not necessary to take classes on how to use the system.

Charles from Rockwood Energy Search LLC

January 2016

Great balance of ease of use together with sophisticated features for the advanced user

Began using Resumate years ago after having built my own applicant tracking system. Haven't found any major features that I would need that they don't have. Customer service is terrific and the upgrades have been relevant and timely. Occasionally, use MS ACESS software to supplement reporting and updating of Resumate data, but not necessary for the average user.

Dianna from Rudd Executive Search LLC

January 2016

Great way to track candidates and job orders

I have been using RESUMate for about 10 years and each update has been better than the last. The program is easy to use and AFFORDABLE. I started out with the Lite version and upgraded to Pro. There are ongoing on-line classes for new hires or just to freshen up your skills - FOR FREE. The program is well supported, questions are answered promptly.

Lisa from PatnoeProSearch

January 2016

Easiest software program I've used and I appreciate the top customer service!

This is the easiest software I've used as a recruiter. I came from using Gopher software and it was definitely more complicated . I only used about 20% of the functions I was paying for! I like the way RESUMate breaks things down more simply, with less steps. Chuck in customer service is fantastic to work with and always able to help with issues or questions!

Dan from C. Anderson Associates

Great system

We have been using and updating Resumate for over 15 years. In all that time we have never had an issue; we have never experienced bad data and have never had a support question go unanswered. We also have looked at upgrading to other tracking systems but every time when we compare features to operating cost - nothing beats Resumate for the smaller firms!

John A from Pinnacos Partners, LLC

Best Bang for the Buck

I tried a number of recruitment softwares before deciding to go with RESUMate. For the lonewolf recruiter like myself, it's pretty ideal. The functionality is exceptional and the online seminars to get up to speed on all of its features are free. Customer service and tech support are very responsive and patient. I'd give it a 9.5/10.

jon from ENSEARCH

January 2016

excellent, intuitive, cost effective program with outstanding customer service

I have been using Resumate since 2002! Easy to use software based on the basic foundations of managing the recruitment and placement process. easy link to LinkedIN and other social media which helps easily identify candidates. GREAT customer service and tutorials!!! great outirght owner price without the high monthly fee of other programs.

Richard from Stone Management

January 2016

RESUMate is a user friendly yet most efficient tool for us. We love it.

From Day 1, the owners of the company trained us and ensured that we would be successful using their product. RESUMate is an invaluable part of our recruitment firm. It's functionality is seamless and we use it every single day. In terms of cost versus benefit I can't imagine a better product. We love it. I highly recommend them.

James from James Seidel & Associates

January 2016

Very good value for the money

Loads quickly, intuitive, customizable, has most things the larger systems have at a fraction of the price. Whenever I have a question, Chuck has me the answer the same day, often within an hour. Have had it running for 10 years without a problem and have recommended it to 3 other recruiting firms who now use it.

Ray from DPA

January 2016

We have been using Resumate for over 8 years and it has been extremely positive.

The software is user friendly. It is customizable, fast, thorough, advanced and excellent search capabilities. The support has been exemplary over the years, never waiting any length of time to get a question answered. I have recommended Resumate to at least 3 or 4 different recruiting firms and they all love it.

January 2016

Norman from Mitroff Consulting & Assoc.

January 2016

Outstanding product; please see Comments below.

The program, RESUMate, works flawless and is intuitive therefore easy to learn and use. Whenever I have had a question, it is answered timely and professionally. I have used other CRM programs in times past and find RESUMate to be of superior quality. They also provide appropriate updates and are cost effective.

Peter from APP Consulting

January 2016

An easy to use, cost-conscious program with limitless capabilities

I have been a user of RESUMate since it was a DOS program. I have found it very user friendly, and easy to use. I probably does not have the search capabilities of other applicant tracking systems, but it is sufficient, and the customer support is outstanding. Each new edition has been well worth the investment.

January 2016

Michael from Keystone National Search Firm, Inc.

January 2016

RESUMate is one of the best recruiting softwares I've used.

As a recruiter for 20 plus years, I've seen and used my fair share of applicant tracking systems and recruiting software. Dollar for dollar, RESUMate is probably the best value on the market. It's not just affordable, it's also easy to use and they have always been available to answer questions along the way.

Woody from Xpeerant Inc.

January 2016

I purchased RESUMate several years ago and set up our database.

I purchased RESUMate several years ago and was in charge of setting up our database up with resumes and job postings. The RESUMate support has been very helpful to me since then. Very receptive to assisting me if I needed help or had a question. Very good software package at a reasonable price.

Neil from Dunhill Staffing Systems

January 2016

Resumate is an ideal ATS for your small business

My company has been a Resumate user for fourteen years. This product has grown with us and has been a valuable tool for our business. It's very easy to use and customize. Their customer support and training have always been outstanding. Resumate offers a lot of value for a very competitive investment.

Paul from Impact

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

You get what you pay for

Pros

Cons

There is little to no support to conversions so you basically lose all your existing data if you make the switch to RESUMate. Ok if you are starting from scratch.