Rippling Reviews

4.92 / 5 (847) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 37 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I love that everything is easy to find. It's extremely user friendly. Even our older employees who are less computer friendly can use this. "

• "Super easy to use, handles a lot of different tasks that usually would require multiple software packages."

• "Rippling is very easy to use and the dashboard is great!"

• Cons

• "The price is a little steep for a small business, but probably worth it. "

• "Implementation was a bit difficult and time consuming. But once completed, well worth the slight struggle."

• "Had an issue with billing initially. But it was quickly resolved. Would be best to have inactive contractors on the platform without being charged for the seat."

Browse Rippling Reviews

Scott from Q.Digital, Inc.

Industry: Publishing

Great product, friendly service

Rippling makes it easy for my employees to get paid, track PTO, do open enrollment for healthcare and it handles all the tax/compliance stuff with ease.

Pros

Rippling's Payroll is seamless and easy and their support in setting everything up (and transferring from my old provider was flawless). We manage our Benefits, PTO, Payroll, Worker's Comp all through their software. For benefits and Worker's Comp, it integrates with third parties seamlessly (our health insurance broker and a Worker's Comp company Rippling works with). But overall, I've appreciated their service above all else - requests are quickly and politely answered (not like my previous provider)

Cons

The reporting features leave a lot to be desired, but I can see them improving as they go. Today's payroll run surfaced a brand new report that wasn't there just two weeks ago, so I'm hopeful this is an area they are devoting more attention to.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

I ran into a number of issues where Zenefits support was slow to respond, then inflexible and unhelpful. In the end even my request to cancel Zenefits was ignored so long that it passed my renewal date and they tried to force me to pay for another year's service. It's a little strange that two companies founded by the same person could have such different service values. Glad I'm with Rippling.

David from Cureton Front Range LLC

Industry: Oil & Energy

Rippling Software Review

It has been great. The amount of HR and payroll time I have to spend on a daily basis is dramatically decreased. Employees are also very much in control of all their own data and feedback has been very positive

Pros

The design of the software makes sense. Coming from other payroll software Rippling has a central platform where you can then jump off into any app that you need, from payroll, to time off, to onboarding. All the programs work seamlessly together and are designed to make sense to users of all technical skill levels.

Cons

We had some issues with migration from the prior software, but this has more to do with the prior softwares issues than Rippling.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

The Price for the size of our company and the need to build out everything custom was a big draw back for this software. Rippling offered more in less time for less money.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

This software is old manual and not intuative. Also very expensive for what you get

MARCUS from Syndicate Mortgages, llc

Horrible service and on boarding

Their system is nothing more than the API hub to other third-party service providers. You're paying to connect to your other services through their interface, which costs additional for each service on a per-person level. There are many more affordable solutions with better interface and customer service. To prove how outdated and horrible their system is, they declined my payment (even though I provided my full account info with their rep on the phone that was chewing on the phone, letting me figure everything out instead of trying to help me). I tried to reach my rep, that he disappeared. Due to the inconsistency and the low-level onboarding, I decided to cancel and not proceed with the service. Right after I canceled the service, they went into my account and started to withdraw money without my consent! I doubt that any of these reviews are legitimate. I have found the same reviews on different channels, basically plagiarized.

Pros

I didn't like anything once I signed up.

Cons

-ZERO Customer Service -Horrible Onboarding for someone who advocates themselves as an onboarding service -Constant upsell for every single thing in the system, even after I selected the everything from their highest level package there is still cost for even a simple API for your email or Salesforce and much more! -User Interface is extremely outdated -Functionality is exaggerated.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Because it was cheaper from the onset and easier to use until I actually signed up and all the rest of the cost that wasn't disclosed started adding on.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

To have a better onboarding and payroll that would encompass everything in one.

Alysha from RockItCoin, LLC

I am excited to implement Rippling !

From the demo through implementation, our Rippling experience has been top notch so far. The team is very responsive and the system is extremely user friendly and customizable. I would highly recommend this to small HR teams looking to streamline processes.

Pros

Rippling has been a great solution for us as a small company without an IT department. We are able to streamline our on-boarding and off-boarding processes, making it easy to order equipment and remotely update software on our employees' computers. Our employees love the easy app based user interface, making it easy to download paystubs, update personal information, enroll in benefits, and submit FSA receipts all in one platform!

Cons

The only con I have run into so far is the lack of phone support for administrators. With that being said, the team has been very responsive via email!

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling's platform was the most user friendly as customizable. Rippling also offered us an all-in-one platform at great price. I am very satisfied with the platform so far and would recommend it highly!

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

The customer support at Paychex is segregated so you have to call a different numbers for every issue, which consumes a great deal of time. The platform is also not very customizable, especially for the price. Lastly, as a new administrator for the platform, it was like pulling teeth to get training and information about what package our company signed up for as well as the pricing breakdown.

Emily from WELL Health Inc

Rippling Makes life Easier!

Overall we have had an extremely positive experience with Rippling. They have grown and added great features over time and they have made my job much easier.

Pros

I love that it combines IT and HR into one portal. As a fast growth company, Rippling as made rapid growth and hiring possible because of the ways it has streamlined onboarding. As an HR professional I cannot tell you the many ways Rippling has benefited me!!

Cons

They recently added a chat feature which has helped with support but over the last year support has been the trickiest part. I have seen major improvements over the last 2 months. Additionally, I would like more abilities to streamline what managers can see, reporting, and org chart capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We liked that Rippling had added functionality for the IT and security side of things as well as more integrations to streamline software provisioning.

Deborah from Stahla Rentals

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Best decision I made all year!

My goal when looking for a HR software was to find something that would integrate our multiple systems (Deputy, Payroll, benefits, etc.) and save time by streamlining processes as well as having an organized place for these systems to integrate together. Integration was a breeze as well as using the system day-to-day. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Pros

Once the software is implemented maintenance is a BREEZE! Executing onboarding, payroll, benefits, any changes to employee profiles, etc. take moments instead of minutes or hours. Rippling sends out emails that are relevant and helpful (eg. policy changes) I also appreciate that Rippling continues to improve and add to their available apps for integration and services they provide within the platform.

Cons

Rippling has a great help center with step-by-step instructions of how to do everything on the platform as well as a chat feature with helpful people available. I wish there was a number where I could call someone easily. Even though there are instructions that are available and really well executed, there are times where I'm in a pinch and don't have the time to look through the resources and during those times I wish there was a number available to talk to a person for a brief phone call.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling is visually appealing, well organized, and easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling's ability to integrate with multiple products.

Misty Marie from Gnomon

Rippling Is a Life Saver

Everything about Rippling has exceeded our expectations. From the software, to the people we deal with, moving to Rippling has proven to be one of the best choices we've made as a company. We also appreciate that they are always moving forward with additions and improvements. This company is truly innovative and the best option out there today!

Pros

I liked how easy it was to get setup, get all of our employees into the system and using it regularly, and how easy it is to manage most of our HR data.

Cons

The PTO app could use some work, but the support team is working on improvements. It works well but some of our employees are a bit confused by the app sometimes.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

ADP didn't suit our business needs. We weren't able to customize it the way we needed, it was difficult to use, and our employees found it difficult to navigate.

Jennifer from IdeaScale

Finally great customer service!

Pros

We have only been using Rippling for about a month but so far are very impressed. Our implementation manager was so excellent - answered all our questions quickly and clearly. We have been changing payroll providers for a few years now and have been frustrated with the lack of detail oriented customer service. And I think the UI was great.

Cons

Honestly nothing yet! If I have to say one thing, it was some of our employees had a little trouble understanding the W2 enrollment. But once I figured it out, easy enough to explain

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We had a horrible experience with our last payroll company - so many mistakes on state deductions that our Controller spent and is still spending to untangle

Davis from WhyHotel

Rippling for a Startup

I mainly use the platform for insurance questions and payroll tracking. There are a handful of other features that may be more useful in a larger organization, but for what I typically need, Rippling's features are great.

Pros

As an employee of a startup, I really value the ease of use and self-service nature of Rippling. I'm able to find the answer to the majority of my questions easily on the platform, without bugging HR, whether its related to insurance, payroll etc.

Cons

I don't recall our onboarding or training on the platform being very in depth, so while Rippling is very easy to figure out, it would have been helpful to have a training session to get up to speed.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

HR decision, but my understanding was that Rippling offered a wider suite of resources included in the platform.

Victoria from Gateway Community Church

Great replacement to our Paychex system

I have used it so far for managing time off requests, benefits enrollment, and paycheck tracking. They even send a fun message to notify you that you got paid vs some boring verbiage or nothing at all. Everything is easy to use. For example, benefits sign up was a breeze--with almost everything we needed attached in just the right spot. I think that is probably the most complex thing we use it for as employees and everything else I have used works just as well.

Pros

As an employee, this is so much easier to use than anything I have used online in my career -- and I'm just a few years from retirement.

Cons

In the employee role as a user, I have not yet run into anything in Rippling that I do not like. : )

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Our HR department made the switch and I do not have that information.

Ryan from Quantarium

Unique vision, powerful platform, excellent service

We were looking for a one stop shop to manage employee lifecycle (onboarding, management, offboarding) without having to have dedicated IT resources or disrupt our valuable engineers to carry out basic tasks like account provisioning and laptop configuration. While most HR platforms handle the basics of payroll and benefits, Rippling was unique in its approach to solving the IT side of the equation without having to build custom workflows or write a whole lot of scripts. Overall, Rippling delivers on their vision and is backed by a great team of onboarding and success managers to ensure that everything runs smoothly and our employees are taken care of.

Pros

Rippling was intuitive and easy to get up and running. Setup was self guided with helpful information to ensure that we maintain compliance with federal and state regulations. The initial load of employee data took little to no time and other than a couple of employees who struggled to upload their photos, I didn't have to assist anyone in setting up their profile, completing necessary documents, or setting up their bank account for payroll. Similar to onboarding employees for payroll, the benefits onboarding experience was straightforward, enabling us to rollout medical, dental, vision, and 401K all in one shot. From here, it's time to get the IT side of the house in order, and we're excited to have an integrated experience that not only handles traditional HR onboarding, but also ensure that new employees arrive on day one ready to work, with a laptop and all their necessary software and SaaS accounts provisioned.

Cons

The overall application navigation was a little clumsy when we were first onboarded, lacking a breadcrumb menu experience that meant you had to return to the home screen to move between areas of the platform. That said, Rippling was highly responsive to feedback, and over the subsequent weeks rolled out revisions to their overall user experience that represent a significant improvement in moving between various areas of the platform. Outside of that, there are a couple of areas I'd like to see improved. The first is to provide support for basic time entry, enabling contractors or hourly workers to log their time. This doesn't need to be fancy as there are dedicated offerings for companies that require advanced capabilities, but something as simple as hours per day would suffice. On top of that, it would be nice to provide a payroll calendar that is accessible to employees. Right now I can access the calendar as an admin, but perhaps make that available to everyone in the company.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Completeness of vision and breadth of capabilities. Gusto was P2 in the end, and while the overall product UI is more compelling, the IT management capabilities of Rippling (while coming in at a price premium) pushed them ahead.

Derrick from K4Connect

Rippling is fantastic! Best software product I’ve used in years

Fantastic. Everything from the implementation to our daily use, this has been one of the best product purchases I’ve ever made. Plus, my boss ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] ) absolutely loves Rippling and has even talked about it at our board meeting! Good stuff all around and I have recommended it to at least a dozen colleagues in my local market.

Pros

The automations, integrations, and ease of use are second to none. Important tasks (i.e. onboarding a new employee) used to take me an hour and a half to complete with our prior vendor (due to disconnected workflows, confusing product layout, etc) and it now takes me less than 10 min with Rippling. Transformational.

Cons

The only con i can point to is not being able to just call into a customer support number for important issues (to speak to a live person), but the support email is monitored regularly, so it definitely makes up for any negatives. They also recently instituted a Pod system to support issues and it has been a great experience. It also appears they have recently hired account managers, which tells me they continue to scale the organization and add the appropriate team members for additional support. Good stuff all around.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Cost effectiveness, ease of use, flexibility on purchasing only the modules we need. Plus, we were able to bring our own benefits broker, which others don’t allow. We ended up switching to Rippling/NFP as our broker after a couple of months because their service and offerings are more robust than our prior relationship, but that was by our choice.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Old school payroll systems don’t seem to be focused much on the end user, which results in a complicated product and a host of needless activities and obsolete work streams which waste valuable time and cause undue frustrations. Plus, Not only is Rippling a huge time saver, but also a money saver as well! We have substantially increased productivity while reducing costs by 20%. It was a no-brainer to make the switch.

Lindsey from BacklotCars

Best HR Tool I've Used

My overall experience with Rippling is really positive. I honestly can't recommend this product enough (and I do recommend it often!). I have been burned by many HR and Payroll systems in the past. I didn't think a simple, easy-to-use product existed but here we are. Thank you, Rippling!

Pros

The software is really easy to use for both our administrators and employees and the user interface is beautiful. It was relatively painless to implement and integrate into our business. It's a really smart system – based on past experience with other systems, I was skeptical that Rippling could really handle everything that was promised to us in our sales demos but it has fully met my expectations! Onboarding and offboarding are quick and easy, and payroll basically runs itself. It also integrates nicely with most of our SaaS tools, which makes provisioning accounts really simple. It's amazing to be able to use one system to manage all of our HR, Payroll, Benefits and IT. The best part is, Rippling continues to get better and better. They are constantly releasing new products, updates, and upgrades. They really listen to our product feature requests and are quick to make enhancements.

Cons

There really aren't any cons; however, if I had to say what I liked the least, it would be not having a direct phone number to call for immediate help. With that said, their online support team is super responsive and our dedicated CSM is willing to schedule calls with us if needed.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Our Company grew really quickly in 2019 and Quickbooks couldn't keep up.

Antoinette from Law Enforcement Action Partnership

Great Overall Business Product

Rippling has saved me time and money overall. Combining all HR aspects with payroll, apps, and equipment is the best bundle of services you could ask for, especially when you are dealing with multiple roles and departments.

Pros

Rippling is extremely intuitive and easy to use! They make payroll a breeze each wee and walk you through ever step of the way. They integrate easily into QB and other platforms. The PTO tracking system is quite extensive and allows for easy tracking of employees hours and is very easy for employees to use when requesting time off. Pricing is very competitive and has saved our non-profit a lot of funds when compared to what we were using previously.

Cons

The only con with Rippling is that they do not have a customer service phone line to call, all inquiries are done via email.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling had the right fit for our organization with pricing, products, and implementation.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Pricing, overall customer service, and health insurance reps

Douglas from Voltus, Inc.

Rippling is a must have

Overall, very positive. The Rippling team has been very responsive and helpful along our journey. The platform made an immediate and positive impact on payroll, benefits, and onboarding processes. I have evaluated numerous HR/payroll platforms (Gusto, Bamboo HR) and implemented Namely at my last company. Rippling is an improvement over all of them. Rather than trying to offer mediocre functionality across a breadth of items, they are focused on being the best at core features (payroll, onboarding/offboarding, benefits, IT lite, etc.) and then integrate with best-in-class apps for items like performance reviews, expense management,...).

Pros

1) Technology that makes my life better 2) Responsive team/customer service 3) Makes my team happy (because of #1 and #2). The thoughtfulness in workflows helps a lot.

Cons

1) I fear that the cost could very quickly grow -- initial pricing on modules is usually $/employee/month...regardless of how many people actively use the module. The team has been responsive to requests for different pricing schemes. 2) Data visibility (e.g. compensation info) is a bit limited on flexibility. It is either at the admin level (everything) or general user level (limited visibility). I expect this will change over time, but some more intermediate steps would be great (e.g. manager can see comp info, but not SSN, bank info, etc.).

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Forward thinking on app integrations and great user interface

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

ADP really has one offering -- payroll -- and they are awful at it. I'm still baffled at how a company can be so incompetent at the one thing they do...and also grow to the size they have.

Response from Rippling

Replied January 2020

Hey Douglas, Thanks so much for your feedback, we're always making improvements, so look out for updates around data visibility.

Letha from Pineapple Payments

Modernized Flexible Solutions

Pros

The smoothness of not only the implementation, but the usability of the program for both admins and employees.

Cons

As Rippling is still relatively new itself, there are some features or capabilities that are unique to our company - such as having multiple entities, banking needs, etc. - that Rippling doesn't quite offer yet- HOWEVER, our account manager and the support team have been receptive and responsive to our needs and are continuing to work on the things we need as we request them, which is great.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling offered us the ability to integrate many of our existing SaaS solutions via API to our account. Onboarding and Offboarding using one tool was a sell for us, as security is important to our company. The ability to accommodate all of our needs and the seamless reporting available were great selling points.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Not only was the customer/account service at ADP unreliable, the system itself was outdated, complicated, and not user friendly. We had several tax, payroll, and reporting issues occur with ADP and made the decision to move to a move modern solution.

Response from Rippling

Replied December 2019

Thanks for your feedback :) We're constantly working on building new features.

David from Brystra

Great integrations save hours, easy to use

Overall has been very good. Initial set up took minutes for all of our applications and payroll. Really frees up a lot of time managing employees, computers and software licenses for the team.

Pros

Intuitive design, easy to navigate, saves a lot of time managing multiple systems for employees. LOVE the software licensing set up and computer security management. Makes onboarding and terminations much faster and more accurate!

Cons

Occasionally payroll support emails have gone unanswered for a couple of days. Benefits portion is not as customizable as some other stand-alone benefits admin systems but is more intuitive to set up on our own and far better than any other payroll-based benefits system we've tested.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Really came down to having a system set up employees on everything from one single platform that connects to EVERYTHING we use. Salesforce logins, phone system set up, computer security and purchasing, adobe, MS and tons more. Super smart business model and clean easy to use software that kept getting better every week we looked at it.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Additional integrations and more customized options. Computer security and software provisioning. Gusto was great for simple payroll but Rippling blew them away with the rest of the services.

Response from Rippling

Replied October 2019

Hey there, thanks so much for your feedback. We're sorry about the delay in your support emails, we'll work on that. :)

Mike from Porter Kyle

I Replaced 9 Separate Web Services with ONLY Rippling

Pros

Does everything you need... really... Onboarding, Background Checks, Employment/Education Verification, Payroll, PTO, Single Sign-On, Hardware Management, 401(k) through Guideline, Health Insurance, Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Insurance, on and on and on. Service is immediate... while other companies fail at email only service, Rippling nails it... in like 3 minutes usually... way faster and more precise than a phone call. Sometimes the founder even takes care of my requests... no really... the founder. Employees never ask me to train them anymore, it's so slick and easy to use. Really happy.

Cons

The only con is that I can't change an employee's username to their work email... it's always their personal email that they set input when they sign their offer letter... but the more I think about it it doesn't really matter.

WAY more integrated

Matt from PartyBuild

Rippling is exactly what you need.

Pros

Clean platform, makes administration generally easy. Puts almost everything in one place.

Cons

I do wish that the application integrations were more than primarily SSO, but instead offered integrated functionality. Also, I wish that the functionality of the integrations worked with any version of the third-party apps, and not just the enterprise versions (for the most part.)

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Looking for something that was a platform and integrated more than just pay.

Nicholas from Statewide Interpreters

Industry: Translation and Localization

Rippling for Small Business

I highly recommend Rippling to any business, especially small businesses. They have the capacity to scale any company's needs. Regarding my small business, it changed my whole HR game. Before it would take me or an employee almost two hours a week to run payroll and administer benefits. Now I do the whole process myself in less than 10 minutes. The new system did take some getting used to, but now I am familiar with process and the value Rippling provides me is incredible.

Pros

The price that Rippling offers is hard to beat, especially considering all the value it offers. I now have direct control over my company's payroll and benefits. Any time I need to change something in this area or run payroll, it only takes me a few minutes. Also Rippling offers me a plethora of tools without shoving them on to me. I can implement it to the degree I need, and if I need more, Rippling has it for me.

Cons

The price of having such direct control over payroll is that any mistakes I make are on me. It took me a bit to learn how to run payroll and administer benefits myself, but once I got it straight, the process has become a breeze. Also, it took me a little while to get used to customer service via email. At first it worried me, but after they dealt with many of my needs in a very timely fashion, I now feel comfortable with the system.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

The price was the biggest motivator. Rippling was much cheaper than ADP. Now I stay because I enjoy to direct control it gives me over my business. Also it takes the hassle out of calling someone and telling them to do this work for me. It is much quicker and cheaper for me to do it myself.

Nathan from Thuro Accounting

Best Payroll Service

Pros

Integrations. Rippling will integrated with the most important 3rd parties to make the HR of your company simple. The integration with benefit providers make this worth every penny. The set up and implementation of the benefits is too easy. I recently set up medical insurance and it was too easy.

Cons

If you want customer support you have to look at a help center/ forum instead of calling a live person. I haven't really needed to use it, but normally it is frustrating when I want to get something resolved quickly and I can't talk to anyone. With that being said, anytime I haven't been able to figure something out or needed support, I have emailed my rep that helped me set up my system and he was quick to respond and help me get what I needed.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Cost, 3rd Party Integrations, overall look of the system and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

I wanted a payroll service that had more HR integrations and simplied the process of onboarding and offboarding.

Courtney from Bright Tiger

A future forward HRIS

It has allowed us to set up 4 companies in one system, connect all the teams but directly integrate with so many applications we are using elsewhere.

Pros

I love that this system makes for the most seamless onboarding experience both for the employee and the human resources team. It allows for so many different components that were limiting in other systems (multi-company org chart in one place,360 integration with so many apps without an additional cost, multiple tiers of permissions and policies per employee level)

Cons

I wish that it allowed for employees t fill out a form without having to print and upload. This is the only thing I haven't liked so far.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

It was far more robust with the user experience I needed.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

I love Bamboo, it's a great system but not for the number of different things we needed in a system (removing in the IT component of onboarding). I think these two are some of the best in class

Stephanie from CRI Advantage

Versatility for HR, Benefits, Payroll and more

We came off of a PEO into this platform. It took us some time to get things running smoothly, but now it has really streamlined on- and off-boarding, employee benefits and payroll.

Pros

Rippling interfaces with hundreds of companies which allows the flexibility to use the resources you need. We were able to work with our own benefit broker, 401(k) provider, time keeping, and more. Their interface has allowed us to connect products as SSO, even those that don't necessarily connect with Rippling. They have worked very closely with us to get things right and I appreciate that our feedback is listened to and acted upon.

Cons

Our payroll is very complicated. It took us several runs to get the bugs worked out and we still have to do some things manually, though we are changing timekeeping vendors which will help tremendously. Also, in the beginning we didn't have a dedicated account manager so we had to work with different people after implementation. That had since been rectified.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Way more flexible and a great price.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We wanted more control and flexibility.

Barbara from Millennial Restaurant Group, LLC

Love Rippling!

We have integrated many of our systems together and continue to work with Rippling to get them all integrated. Rippling is a great long-term partner. They are very responsive and work hard to eliminate all barriers and get the "wish list" items implemented. The Support folks at Rippling are amazing to work with and are very timely and detailed with their responses.

Pros

This IT based payroll system is amazing! We are now paying our folks weekly - our restaurant team members LOVE this! The folks at Rippling want to integrate with as many groups as possible and don't nickel and dime you about the integration. They learn how to integrate, set a time table to make it happen and keep you posted on the progress along the way. The reporting in Rippling is amazing!

Cons

There are a few things that are missing; they don't have a true rehire process (you can rehire folks, easily, but it creates a second/third profile for the person - this leads to other potential issues/concerns), they do not have a mechanism for logging folks on "leave of absence".

Service, functionality, price

Chelsea from Betts Recruiting

Huge Positive Change moving to Rippling

We were able to replace several different software solutions with Rippling and drop our costs dramatically by combining payroll, IT, HR and single sign on all in one platform has been a game changer.

Pros

I have tried 4 different payroll systems and Rippling has been BY FAR my favorite. It is very user friendly on both the user side and the administrative side. The team loved it right away and it makes onboarding, offboarding, payroll, hardware tracking and adding new software platforms seamless.

Cons

We had a little trouble when we first onboarded and set up our benefits in Rippling, but we were able to work with the Rippling support team and get everything straightened out and since then, things have been very simple.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We were very happy with Paycom, but one demo with Rippling and they blew them out of the water! Cost savings, easy of use, great user experience, streamlined onboarding and offboarding, hardware management, and so much more!

Meredith from RFG Advisory

Payroll Company of the Future

Overall experience with Rippling has been great. We got off to a rocky start for implementation, but customer service has stepped up their game since then so and we have been very pleased!

Pros

I really like the ease of running payroll. We are also able to onboard employees efficiently without a bunch of paper being sent back and forth. The reports you can run are endless, which is amazing.

Cons

It can be a little confusing to use at first. It took us a few months to get a good grasp on the software, and there are still features we don't know about.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling is truly a payroll software company of the future, so it was a no-brainer choice.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Customer service was not up to par.

Josh from Blue Energy Group

Rippling is a one stop shop

Customer service has been the highlight so far. Very prompt service!

Pros

It takes care of all my payroll, insurance, deductions, pto time, onboarding, and offboarding all in one place.

Cons

Nothing really other than just having to go through a rigorous set up and transition process.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

It was more compatible and integrated better with other brands of software.

Rippling does way more

Alexis from Reeder Brothers Enterprise

Game-changer for our company!

Overall, it's been a dream experience. We are so glad we switched over. There are many pro's that have come along with the switch and it's made onboarding and payroll so much more manageable for all that are involved.

Pros

I really like the onboarding features of Rippling. We were doing all of our paperwork by hand and it was quite a headache for the employers, managers and the employees. We love the ease of filling out paperwork and sending out our paperwork. Onboarding is breeze now with Rippling!

Cons

It has taken some time for us to get used to not having phone support/designate rep, as everything is via email. The times we have had emergencies, we have had quick responses. But we do miss the ability to call up our representative when we have a rare payroll emergency.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We were needing a company that incorporated onboarding features.

Maria from ELECTROGUARD

Life Saver because is so user friendly one stop shop for everything we need to run the Company.

Our payroll, onboarding, and Off-boarding has been extremely easy as well as integrating several apps in just one platform to conduct our business proficiently and efficiently like never before we totally love it it’s just so complete.

Pros

We enter the information just one time, so easy to use to customize, all the integrations needed to efficiently run our company.

Cons

I really liked it a lot from the very beginning.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Because offered everything we were looking for: Security, options, integration in to one platform. We are really Thankful because it’s been a life saver for us.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Looking into more secure, complete integration in to just one platform.

Joe from Oxford House Inc.

Rippling

I like the HR aspect of Rippling the most. I am able to bring on new employees and get them working without a lot of time spent doing HR paperwork. Having to let someone go is difficult as it is but from the paperwork side Rippling makes that much easier.

Pros

Rippling is one of the best Employee Management & HR software on the market. It is very user friendly, so I did not have to spend a lot of time reading through a manual to do what I wanted to do in real time. I can bring on new hires and not be bogged down with the details of the payroll paperwork, it is almost seamless. I like the bulletin board feature that allows for company-wide announcements and the Dashboard feature that gives me information that used to require an appointment with HR but now is available at my fingertips

Cons

I am not required to use the report feature and don't have access. Not really a criticism of the program but I am not able to truly evaluate the program.

Alexandra from Fabric

So many things in one platform

Pros

I love the ease of use for onboarding new employees. Being able to provision IT accounts, sign crucial documents, build an employee profile from our ATS and create custom PTO plans per each location we have, is AMAZING! For a one-person department, Rippling has made my life so much easier.

Cons

Two areas in which the product can be improved. A more functional organizational chart (visually speaking) and more functionally in doing static documents like a text function to fill out the forms.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Overall, Rippling replaced two software and became an all in one place for me to store employee information.

Rudy from Lambda

Simple easy to use site with great features for employees

We were using gusto before and it just didn't have what we were looking for so we switched over and all the employees have been happy with it since the switch.

Pros

I enjoyed how minimalistic it was but also the amount of features it had. I was able to easily print out my pay stubs and look up any tax information I needed come tax season. When you get paid they send you a nice breakdown of your hours with a cool picture which is different everytime. Small stuff but It makes a difference.

Cons

No real cons for me. Everything is easy to find and use.

Cost,Ease of Use,Features

So far So good

Overall, this is the easiest payroll system I have ever used. I especially enjoyed the ease of set up.

Pros

After a year of using this product I am very happy with how easy it is to use and process payroll. I love the integration with Quickbooks Online and how it automatically books the journal entries after the payroll is completed.

Cons

The navigation on the payroll page annoys me because of how you have to expand the page every time you want to see past payrolls. You cannot keep the page expanded.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

The price and adaptability and integrations with other products

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We had too many employees

Nicole from BacklotCars

Rippling is an incredible business tool

Rippling is an awesome business tool that helps me stay organized on one central platform.

Pros

Rippling is extremely easy to navigate and includes easy access to things such as benefits, pay stubs and org charts. Another benefit of Rippling is the “To-do” list section. For example, my HR manager will assign me a task which sends me an email and shows up on my Rippling dashboard. It lists the priority of the task, the due date and duties that need to be performed. If I have not checked off a task in a few days it sends me a reminder email. It’s a really great way to stay organized!

Cons

After using Rippling for nearly 6 months within my company I have yet to find anything negative about the platform.

David from Tymeshift

Best HRIS/Payroll Platform I've found

Pros

After an extensive review of payroll/HRIS tools we opted for Rippling as we found it to be the most modern platform out there. It eases onboarding/contract signing/IT tool setup and I love that we can pay our international contractors through a single interface.

Cons

I wish we could use it for our employees employed by one of our international subsidiaries but right now Rippling only handles W2 payroll in the US. Sounds like they are trying to partner up to solve this challenge, though.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

IT + HR Combined. Most modern interface. Extremely easy to use. Belief that the product will continue to evolve and integrate with pretty much everything under the sun.

Varoon from Dropthought

Rippling - Maximum Benefits, Minimum Interference

It has made my life as the Lead HR for our organization easier.

Pros

Having worked with Rippling from optimizing it for our business, to incrementally implementing Rippling towards integration with our other applications. The process has been one that is easy and straightforward. Processes such as Employee Onboarding, PTO management, Documentation etc. handled using different applications are all now housed under one umbrella. Everything is just a click away. Rippling has been instrumental in the seamless increase of our team size, we stared at 15 members across two geographies in March 2019, to 80 people now in April 2020.

Cons

Integrating apps that arent in the marketplace isnt as easy as it could be. But it has become more efficient in recent months. We are seeing Rippling evolve over the year and a half I have used it. To be perfectly honest, I started as a detractor. But now, I would definitely recommend Rippling to any Business Practitioner looking to run a successful business.

Nicholas from Tri-Merit, LLC

Amazing all around Payroll and HR Software

Rippling has been a great product. All of my employees have made comments about how much more they like this program versus the old one we used. Very user friendly and helps us pull a lot of HR processes into one place. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking at payroll/HR softwares.

Pros

Integration of health insurance benefits administration into the program has been a huge help. As a smaller company, we were doing all of that manually. This streamlines it not only on the administrative side, but on the user side as well. User interface is super friendly and easy to use as well.

Cons

More 401(k) direct integration options. It has a couple of prepackaged partners, it would be nice to integrate in a 401(k) administration the same as insurance.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

It allowed us to keep our current insurance broker, this was something we were looking for with it.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Looking for better integration and they had some issues with quarterly reports.

Sophia from Fetch Package

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Easy and organized way to keep track of your HR needs!

It has been a great experience. At first, I was hesitant to move over to a different HR site, but now after over a year of using this, it is one of my favorite sites to use.

Pros

The time off request is my favorite part; it is clear how much PTO, Paid Sick Time, Unpaid time, etc that you have. Once you submit a request, you can see if it was approved. Even if it was approved, you can cancel your request if something changes. You can also see where you are in your organization with the org chart. It is exciting to see all the team members! It is also very easy to manage your benefits in here as well. Lastly, I adore the emails that come through each week with what we got paid and a breakdown of how much.

Cons

I wish we could use Rippling for more aspects of our company! Such as scheduling or reviewing applications. It is such an easy software to use, I would love to use it for more.

Matilda from Americord Registry

Industry: Biotechnology

Happy to make the switch

The fast response time has been so appreciated since many of our issues are urgent and I feel that Rippling provide the support that I need.

Pros

It is easy to understand and interact with. All the important apps and documents gets kept in the same spot.

Cons

I do not have any direct cons to the software itself. It was a bit hard transferring every data and information over from our last provider and I wish it had been a bit smoother, that's all.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Namely had too many people involved, slow response time and poor service. They were also too expensive.

Damon from IST Research

Fit our needs perfectly and is scalable

Pros

As a growing company, we needed to improve our overall HR practices and wanted a system that could handle as many things as possible in one package. Rippling ticked more boxes than any other product we considered. It has allowed us to keep everything in one place for tracking employee HR info. We use Rippling from the moment of offer, onboarding, payroll and storage of critical personnel info. The Custom Fields allow us to create bespoke fields for info that is unique to us. We've more than doubled in size in 2020 and Rippling has easily scaled with us.

Cons

Hard to say it's something we like least as most of the time it's simply a matter of time before a feature or capability is added. If I had to pick one thing, it would be access to customer support. However, they're beta testing a chat help desk feature that they've given us access to as a test user. It's been a great feature and I'm confident it'll be a welcome addition.

Emily from Mosaic Interpreting Services

Industry: Translation and Localization

Blown Away

Rippling had me from the demo. I am childcareless and juggling a small business in the midst of a pandemic, and was frankly a little peeved that they wanted to use my time to demo their service. Just give me a trial, people! My tune changed completely once in the demo, though. They answered my incredibly niche questions with aplomb, and *got back to me on the ones they didn't know offhand*! Seriously, I not only feel great about this software, but I feel much stronger in my understanding of my business thanks to Rippling. 11/10. Best decision.

Pros

This is literally the best customer service I've ever had. I cannot overstate how instrumental Rippling has been in helping me set up payroll. I was having issues obtaining an employer number from the Virginia Employment Commission, and they contacted the agency on my behalf, saving me countless hours. They were able to get a payment applied retroactively to a quarter that had closed (my mistake; my issue), and all fees waived. Throughout the entirety of this process, they were communicative, transparent, and helpful. They looped me in, but did all the heavy lifting. I have been shouting their praises ever since.

Cons

I was initially put off by the price (I didn't want to pay anything for payroll services, in all honesty. One of those 'but I don't wanna' kind of growing pains. Rippling has proven to be so very worth the cost, though. I have no complaints.

Price and reviews.

Anuraag from Manifest

Best Payroll Choice

Fantastic!

Pros

- Combines IT with HR to help our employees get onboarded - Great document management tools - Quick Support - Easy to use interface

Cons

- The rigid process for a few apps doesn't leave room for customization - Site can be buggy at times, but nothing concerning - Would be nice if they bundled pricing again, it can get expensive with all of the bells and whistles per employee

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling is more comprehensive when it comes to helping our employees get onboarded or terminated from Manifest.

Dallen from Tava Health

Rippling is a must-have

Pros

Rippling makes the minutiae of hiring and onboarding employees so easy. I don't know how old payroll systems are ever going to catch up.

Cons

It's a bit more expensive than other options

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Better comprehensive product and significantly better overall value.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Their customer service was TERRIBLE - it would take them weeks to fix things and in the meantime we couldn't pay our employees. They screwed up our taxes twice. Zenefits is a shell of what it was 5+ years ago.

Matthew from Brand Junkie

Clean and Intuitive

Pros

I love the look and feel of the system. It is very easy to navigate, both as an administrator and user. I love how quickly things can get done. Processing payroll, importing time, etc. is quicker than any other system I've used (Paylocity, Workforce Now, QB Assisted).

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Cleaner platform, ease of use, priced fairly

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Reporting difficulties, service was poor

Zach from Fine Point Consulting

Time Saver!

Great! The software was just as easy to use as some of the other online platforms (ie. Gusto), but has allowed us some additional functionality and time savings.

Pros

How easy it is to use. We have payroll runs with ever changing deductions and having the ability to manage/adjust non-recurring deductions in one table view has been a giant time saver. The product also makes one-off/non-traditional payroll runs extremely easy and the step by step guide ensures they are run accurately and with the appropriate taxes.

Cons

Occasionally support response can be delayed. However, this has only ever happened when we have questions regarding abnormal or complex transactions (ie. certain tax treatment on non-cash equity compensation transactions)

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Moved from Gusto due to the additional functionality

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Additional functionality, both within the payroll processing platform as well as the IT managment and provisioning

Dayton from Branch

A breath of fresh air

Pros

This makes administrative work so much easier for my startup. It's very easy to get going and gives you peace of mind knowing you have all the right paperwork in order. The biggest pro is that it works for all of my remote employees both inside and outside of the US. This sealed the deal.

Cons

I really don't have many bad things to say. Most of my complaints lie in the bureaucracy of having to register employer information in the states we have employees. But that's not Rippling's doing, and they thankfully make it very easy to navigate.

Julie from Inclusive Action for the City

Great Implementation + Platform

Pros

It's been 1 month since implementing this software for our team. Thus far it's been super easy to transition over. It's nice to have all the documents in one place and even the simple things like having an employee's anniversary easily viewed does wonders for our small team. I also love that they have templates already on the platform that can be easily customized. The customer service has also been 10/10 as their responses to emails and requests are responded to within 24 hrs.

Cons

There are a few features that you have to pay for. Not that they are "hidden" per se but it did surprise me when I assumed Google Workspace + Slack was free to have on on this platform but it costs to have them all managed on the platform.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

The price and the customer service. I felt like Rippling staff really did care about their product and the service they provided.

Riishiraj from AnomalousDL

Great product backed by prompt service

So far I have been using it for little less than a year. We had one hiccup with earlier than usual funds withdrawal, but once I emailed them they fixed everything very quickly. I am very satisfied using this app.

Pros

The software UI is modern, well designed and intuitive. On boarding can be a little difficult if you are not familiar with all the tax and other details, but there is help. The apps are good and integration with bank and Gsuite works well. There are many features and services and they go out of their way to help and explain. I hope they can scale up, as we are less than 10 employees. have not yet used the insurance services so can't review that. Overall I really like using them.

Cons

On boarding can be complicated with various codes and acronyms. Some training materials or links to useful info could be very useful.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Pricing, service and the hands on demo with very prompt on boarding.

Kate from Annmarie Gianni Skincare

Industry: Cosmetics

HR for the Modern Team

I enjoy using the software. I like chatting with teammates in the "watercooler"

Pros

This software is easy to use and intuitive. It's also clever and smart and I love the little images they've chosen. It's the perfect software for a modern company, bridging the gap between boring old punching in software and an apple-like present day feel.

Cons

I wish the out of office part would show when someone was only out for part of the day, but that is pretty minor.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

I did not choose it, but our COO said she just loved Rippling.

Jonathan from Trula Inc

Stellar customer service and seamless deployment

Pros

Deployment and onboarding was so easy! I had originally looked at other systems (and even started down the road of another deployment), but customer service with that other provider was so bad that I cancelled that and was referred to Rippling by another entrepreneur friend of mine. I'm SO GLAD I followed my instinct and switched to Rippling. It has made management of my team so much easier. And, customer service is incredibly responsive.

Cons

A simple time management software. All the other apps have all these additional feature requirements and they're expensive. All I need is a simple check-in, check-out and trying to find that in the app store has been miserable.

Customer service.