• Pros

• "I love that everything is easy to find. It's extremely user friendly. Even our older employees who are less computer friendly can use this. "

• "Super easy to use, handles a lot of different tasks that usually would require multiple software packages."

• "I love being able to see my information in real time. The ability to send over time off and have it documented. I also love the dashboard, the cleanness, and seeing team member updates is amazing! "

• Cons

• "The price is a little steep for a small business, but probably worth it. "

• "no chat support, only email..responses are quick but sometimes having access to chat support right away would be great"

• "It is complex with quite a lot of options, but that’s to be expected considering the services it provides."

Browse Rippling Reviews

Scott from Q.Digital, Inc.

Industry: Publishing

Great product, friendly service

Rippling makes it easy for my employees to get paid, track PTO, do open enrollment for healthcare and it handles all the tax/compliance stuff with ease.

Pros

Rippling's Payroll is seamless and easy and their support in setting everything up (and transferring from my old provider was flawless). We manage our Benefits, PTO, Payroll, Worker's Comp all through their software. For benefits and Worker's Comp, it integrates with third parties seamlessly (our health insurance broker and a Worker's Comp company Rippling works with). But overall, I've appreciated their service above all else - requests are quickly and politely answered (not like my previous provider)

Cons

The reporting features leave a lot to be desired, but I can see them improving as they go. Today's payroll run surfaced a brand new report that wasn't there just two weeks ago, so I'm hopeful this is an area they are devoting more attention to.

Lindsey from BacklotCars

Best HR Tool I've Used

My overall experience with Rippling is really positive. I honestly can't recommend this product enough (and I do recommend it often!). I have been burned by many HR and Payroll systems in the past. I didn't think a simple, easy-to-use product existed but here we are. Thank you, Rippling!

Pros

The software is really easy to use for both our administrators and employees and the user interface is beautiful. It was relatively painless to implement and integrate into our business. It's a really smart system – based on past experience with other systems, I was skeptical that Rippling could really handle everything that was promised to us in our sales demos but it has fully met my expectations! Onboarding and offboarding are quick and easy, and payroll basically runs itself. It also integrates nicely with most of our SaaS tools, which makes provisioning accounts really simple. It's amazing to be able to use one system to manage all of our HR, Payroll, Benefits and IT. The best part is, Rippling continues to get better and better. They are constantly releasing new products, updates, and upgrades. They really listen to our product feature requests and are quick to make enhancements.

Cons

There really aren't any cons; however, if I had to say what I liked the least, it would be not having a direct phone number to call for immediate help. With that said, their online support team is super responsive and our dedicated CSM is willing to schedule calls with us if needed.

Caitlin from Lifeblue

Don't Waste Your Money

Overall, we felt we were sold a really expensive lie with this system. The main functionality we wanted--the automatic integration with all of our tools to make onboarding easier, didn't actually exist. When we started to use it, it quickly became "oh, well you still have to go into Dropbox to purchase licenses, we don't fully integrate with them" and "oh yeah, MS Office you can't do through our system either because of the licensing" so we ended up doing all of these things manually anyways. Their customer service has been extremely poor, and they're also one of the more expensive products on the market. I don't recommend this tool at all--I think they have a really long way to go in improving their product, and I'm honestly amazed that there are so many high reviews on this site.

Pros

At the time, it seemed really appealing to make our onboarding process more seamless with email, Slack, and all the other tools our teams were using. The interface and functionality seemed appealing, but overall, unfortunately, turned out to be a letdown. For what we pay for this software, compared to what we get, I can't say much positive in terms of what we SHOULD be getting.

Cons

The interface is convoluted and user journeys don't make sense. When we first started using Rippling, we were an early customer so we decided to be along for the ride, but things are constantly moved and changed and become more complicated, not easier, to find and navigate. Among many other things, here are a few of the worst issues we've had: - Inability to de-activate a contractor--if you want to not be charged money every month for someone, you have to fully offboard them otherwise your billing will quickly become insane and wasteful. - Their electronic signature functionality is crap--you have to use their clunky system, you can't just upload your own doc and add a signature box. - Their customer support is terrible! They take a really long time to answer emails (you have to pay extra I believe if you want phone support, if that even exists at all), and when they do, they often deny they've made mistakes or their tech has broken. - Lack of security: we offboarded an employee and it was supposed to automatically offboard them from tools, but the employee let us know that several days later, they still had access to these tools. We contacted Rippling and they denied this, and then a month later they emailed us the equivalent of "oh yeah, sorry about that, our bad." This is completely unacceptable when you're working in technology and clients' proprietary code or other info can be compromised by a terminated employee.

Antoinette from Law Enforcement Action Partnership

Great Overall Business Product

Rippling has saved me time and money overall. Combining all HR aspects with payroll, apps, and equipment is the best bundle of services you could ask for, especially when you are dealing with multiple roles and departments.

Pros

Rippling is extremely intuitive and easy to use! They make payroll a breeze each wee and walk you through ever step of the way. They integrate easily into QB and other platforms. The PTO tracking system is quite extensive and allows for easy tracking of employees hours and is very easy for employees to use when requesting time off. Pricing is very competitive and has saved our non-profit a lot of funds when compared to what we were using previously.

Cons

The only con with Rippling is that they do not have a customer service phone line to call, all inquiries are done via email.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling had the right fit for our organization with pricing, products, and implementation.

Matt from PartyBuild

Rippling is exactly what you need.

Pros

Clean platform, makes administration generally easy. Puts almost everything in one place.

Cons

I do wish that the application integrations were more than primarily SSO, but instead offered integrated functionality. Also, I wish that the functionality of the integrations worked with any version of the third-party apps, and not just the enterprise versions (for the most part.)

Courtney from Bright Tiger

A future forward HRIS

It has allowed us to set up 4 companies in one system, connect all the teams but directly integrate with so many applications we are using elsewhere.

Pros

I love that this system makes for the most seamless onboarding experience both for the employee and the human resources team. It allows for so many different components that were limiting in other systems (multi-company org chart in one place,360 integration with so many apps without an additional cost, multiple tiers of permissions and policies per employee level)

Cons

I wish that it allowed for employees t fill out a form without having to print and upload. This is the only thing I haven't liked so far.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

It was far more robust with the user experience I needed.

Alexandra from Fabric

So many things in one platform

Pros

I love the ease of use for onboarding new employees. Being able to provision IT accounts, sign crucial documents, build an employee profile from our ATS and create custom PTO plans per each location we have, is AMAZING! For a one-person department, Rippling has made my life so much easier.

Cons

Two areas in which the product can be improved. A more functional organizational chart (visually speaking) and more functionally in doing static documents like a text function to fill out the forms.

David from Tymeshift

Best HRIS/Payroll Platform I've found

Pros

After an extensive review of payroll/HRIS tools we opted for Rippling as we found it to be the most modern platform out there. It eases onboarding/contract signing/IT tool setup and I love that we can pay our international contractors through a single interface.

Cons

I wish we could use it for our employees employed by one of our international subsidiaries but right now Rippling only handles W2 payroll in the US. Sounds like they are trying to partner up to solve this challenge, though.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

IT + HR Combined. Most modern interface. Extremely easy to use. Belief that the product will continue to evolve and integrate with pretty much everything under the sun.

Jason from Ryvit

The most intuitive, well thought out software product I've ever used

Pros

Rippling thought of everything when building their products. And when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING. Payroll, benefits administration, onboarding/offboarding, custom reporting, app provisioning/management.......we eliminated several other systems and manual systems with a very fast, simple implementation of Rippling.

Cons

So far, and in all honesty, I cannot think of anything I don't like about Rippling. We're only a month in, but still more and more impressed every time I login.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling came very highly recommended from some trusted business associates and after a demo, we need look no further.

Kelly from Starwood Equine

Industry: Veterinary

Why did I wait so long to make the switch!?

Pros

The implementation team was super helpful and gave step by step tasks to complete while providing assistance as needed. The streamlined HR, Payroll, Security features were a huge benefit to my small business.

Cons

I am hopeful that additional features will present themselves so that we can further integrate employee communication, reviews, etc.

Douglas from Voltus, Inc.

Rippling is a must have

Overall, very positive. The Rippling team has been very responsive and helpful along our journey. The platform made an immediate and positive impact on payroll, benefits, and onboarding processes. I have evaluated numerous HR/payroll platforms (Gusto, Bamboo HR) and implemented Namely at my last company. Rippling is an improvement over all of them. Rather than trying to offer mediocre functionality across a breadth of items, they are focused on being the best at core features (payroll, onboarding/offboarding, benefits, IT lite, etc.) and then integrate with best-in-class apps for items like performance reviews, expense management,...).

Pros

1) Technology that makes my life better 2) Responsive team/customer service 3) Makes my team happy (because of #1 and #2). The thoughtfulness in workflows helps a lot.

Cons

1) I fear that the cost could very quickly grow -- initial pricing on modules is usually $/employee/month...regardless of how many people actively use the module. The team has been responsive to requests for different pricing schemes. 2) Data visibility (e.g. compensation info) is a bit limited on flexibility. It is either at the admin level (everything) or general user level (limited visibility). I expect this will change over time, but some more intermediate steps would be great (e.g. manager can see comp info, but not SSN, bank info, etc.).

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Forward thinking on app integrations and great user interface

Response from Rippling

Replied January 2020

Hey Douglas, Thanks so much for your feedback, we're always making improvements, so look out for updates around data visibility.

Letha from Pineapple Payments

Modernized Flexible Solutions

Pros

The smoothness of not only the implementation, but the usability of the program for both admins and employees.

Cons

As Rippling is still relatively new itself, there are some features or capabilities that are unique to our company - such as having multiple entities, banking needs, etc. - that Rippling doesn't quite offer yet- HOWEVER, our account manager and the support team have been receptive and responsive to our needs and are continuing to work on the things we need as we request them, which is great.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling offered us the ability to integrate many of our existing SaaS solutions via API to our account. Onboarding and Offboarding using one tool was a sell for us, as security is important to our company. The ability to accommodate all of our needs and the seamless reporting available were great selling points.

Response from Rippling

Replied December 2019

Thanks for your feedback :) We're constantly working on building new features.

David from Brystra

Great integrations save hours, easy to use

Overall has been very good. Initial set up took minutes for all of our applications and payroll. Really frees up a lot of time managing employees, computers and software licenses for the team.

Pros

Intuitive design, easy to navigate, saves a lot of time managing multiple systems for employees. LOVE the software licensing set up and computer security management. Makes onboarding and terminations much faster and more accurate!

Cons

Occasionally payroll support emails have gone unanswered for a couple of days. Benefits portion is not as customizable as some other stand-alone benefits admin systems but is more intuitive to set up on our own and far better than any other payroll-based benefits system we've tested.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Really came down to having a system set up employees on everything from one single platform that connects to EVERYTHING we use. Salesforce logins, phone system set up, computer security and purchasing, adobe, MS and tons more. Super smart business model and clean easy to use software that kept getting better every week we looked at it.

Response from Rippling

Replied October 2019

Hey there, thanks so much for your feedback. We're sorry about the delay in your support emails, we'll work on that. :)

Mike from Porter Kyle

I Replaced 9 Separate Web Services with ONLY Rippling

Pros

Does everything you need... really... Onboarding, Background Checks, Employment/Education Verification, Payroll, PTO, Single Sign-On, Hardware Management, 401(k) through Guideline, Health Insurance, Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Insurance, on and on and on. Service is immediate... while other companies fail at email only service, Rippling nails it... in like 3 minutes usually... way faster and more precise than a phone call. Sometimes the founder even takes care of my requests... no really... the founder. Employees never ask me to train them anymore, it's so slick and easy to use. Really happy.

Cons

The only con is that I can't change an employee's username to their work email... it's always their personal email that they set input when they sign their offer letter... but the more I think about it it doesn't really matter.

WAY more integrated

Nicholas from Statewide Interpreters

Industry: Translation and Localization

Rippling for Small Business

I highly recommend Rippling to any business, especially small businesses. They have the capacity to scale any company's needs. Regarding my small business, it changed my whole HR game. Before it would take me or an employee almost two hours a week to run payroll and administer benefits. Now I do the whole process myself in less than 10 minutes. The new system did take some getting used to, but now I am familiar with process and the value Rippling provides me is incredible.

Pros

The price that Rippling offers is hard to beat, especially considering all the value it offers. I now have direct control over my company's payroll and benefits. Any time I need to change something in this area or run payroll, it only takes me a few minutes. Also Rippling offers me a plethora of tools without shoving them on to me. I can implement it to the degree I need, and if I need more, Rippling has it for me.

Cons

The price of having such direct control over payroll is that any mistakes I make are on me. It took me a bit to learn how to run payroll and administer benefits myself, but once I got it straight, the process has become a breeze. Also, it took me a little while to get used to customer service via email. At first it worried me, but after they dealt with many of my needs in a very timely fashion, I now feel comfortable with the system.

Stephanie from CRI Advantage

Versatility for HR, Benefits, Payroll and more

We came off of a PEO into this platform. It took us some time to get things running smoothly, but now it has really streamlined on- and off-boarding, employee benefits and payroll.

Pros

Rippling interfaces with hundreds of companies which allows the flexibility to use the resources you need. We were able to work with our own benefit broker, 401(k) provider, time keeping, and more. Their interface has allowed us to connect products as SSO, even those that don't necessarily connect with Rippling. They have worked very closely with us to get things right and I appreciate that our feedback is listened to and acted upon.

Cons

Our payroll is very complicated. It took us several runs to get the bugs worked out and we still have to do some things manually, though we are changing timekeeping vendors which will help tremendously. Also, in the beginning we didn't have a dedicated account manager so we had to work with different people after implementation. That had since been rectified.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Way more flexible and a great price.

Josh from Blue Energy Group

Rippling is a one stop shop

Customer service has been the highlight so far. Very prompt service!

Pros

It takes care of all my payroll, insurance, deductions, pto time, onboarding, and offboarding all in one place.

Cons

Nothing really other than just having to go through a rigorous set up and transition process.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

It was more compatible and integrated better with other brands of software.

Rudy from Lambda

Simple easy to use site with great features for employees

We were using gusto before and it just didn't have what we were looking for so we switched over and all the employees have been happy with it since the switch.

Pros

I enjoyed how minimalistic it was but also the amount of features it had. I was able to easily print out my pay stubs and look up any tax information I needed come tax season. When you get paid they send you a nice breakdown of your hours with a cool picture which is different everytime. Small stuff but It makes a difference.

Cons

No real cons for me. Everything is easy to find and use.

Nicole from BacklotCars

Rippling is an incredible business tool

Rippling is an awesome business tool that helps me stay organized on one central platform.

Pros

Rippling is extremely easy to navigate and includes easy access to things such as benefits, pay stubs and org charts. Another benefit of Rippling is the “To-do” list section. For example, my HR manager will assign me a task which sends me an email and shows up on my Rippling dashboard. It lists the priority of the task, the due date and duties that need to be performed. If I have not checked off a task in a few days it sends me a reminder email. It’s a really great way to stay organized!

Cons

After using Rippling for nearly 6 months within my company I have yet to find anything negative about the platform.

Varoon from Dropthought

Rippling - Maximum Benefits, Minimum Interference

It has made my life as the Lead HR for our organization easier.

Pros

Having worked with Rippling from optimizing it for our business, to incrementally implementing Rippling towards integration with our other applications. The process has been one that is easy and straightforward. Processes such as Employee Onboarding, PTO management, Documentation etc. handled using different applications are all now housed under one umbrella. Everything is just a click away. Rippling has been instrumental in the seamless increase of our team size, we stared at 15 members across two geographies in March 2019, to 80 people now in April 2020.

Cons

Integrating apps that arent in the marketplace isnt as easy as it could be. But it has become more efficient in recent months. We are seeing Rippling evolve over the year and a half I have used it. To be perfectly honest, I started as a detractor. But now, I would definitely recommend Rippling to any Business Practitioner looking to run a successful business.

Nicholas from Tri-Merit, LLC

Amazing all around Payroll and HR Software

Rippling has been a great product. All of my employees have made comments about how much more they like this program versus the old one we used. Very user friendly and helps us pull a lot of HR processes into one place. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking at payroll/HR softwares.

Pros

Integration of health insurance benefits administration into the program has been a huge help. As a smaller company, we were doing all of that manually. This streamlines it not only on the administrative side, but on the user side as well. User interface is super friendly and easy to use as well.

Cons

More 401(k) direct integration options. It has a couple of prepackaged partners, it would be nice to integrate in a 401(k) administration the same as insurance.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

It allowed us to keep our current insurance broker, this was something we were looking for with it.

Matilda from Americord Registry

Industry: Biotechnology

Happy to make the switch

The fast response time has been so appreciated since many of our issues are urgent and I feel that Rippling provide the support that I need.

Pros

It is easy to understand and interact with. All the important apps and documents gets kept in the same spot.

Cons

I do not have any direct cons to the software itself. It was a bit hard transferring every data and information over from our last provider and I wish it had been a bit smoother, that's all.

Anuraag from Manifest

Best Payroll Choice

Fantastic!

Pros

- Combines IT with HR to help our employees get onboarded - Great document management tools - Quick Support - Easy to use interface

Cons

- The rigid process for a few apps doesn't leave room for customization - Site can be buggy at times, but nothing concerning - Would be nice if they bundled pricing again, it can get expensive with all of the bells and whistles per employee

Kate from Annmarie Gianni Skincare

Industry: Cosmetics

HR for the Modern Team

I enjoy using the software. I like chatting with teammates in the "watercooler"

Pros

This software is easy to use and intuitive. It's also clever and smart and I love the little images they've chosen. It's the perfect software for a modern company, bridging the gap between boring old punching in software and an apple-like present day feel.

Cons

I wish the out of office part would show when someone was only out for part of the day, but that is pretty minor.

Lee from Adva Digital Solutions

Reporting as fraud - zero customer support

Rippling took $1000 from me for a 5-person package. When I realized it didn't perform the way they said it would, I asked for a refund. To be specific, they assured me that I could use Rippling in the same way that I use DocuSign. When I tried to upload contracts to send them for signature, the platform wouldn't allow that function. I was going to have to completely re-enter a 15-page contract manually in their online 'editing' box before I could send the document for signature. This wasn't what I was told during my original walk-through, so I requested a refund as that was my main need. When I requested my refund, I received no reply- the person that sold me the package ghosted me, Rippling kept my money and canceled my account. There is no other way to contact their team other than email, and I sent several emails over months before giving up. Going to have to issue a statement about fraud to my bank to try and reverse the charge now.

Pros

Nothing. Never got to actually use it because they de-activated my account and kept my money.

Cons

Their "portal" for documents to be e-signed is like a bad version of google docs- without the ability to import. You literally cannot import a pre-made document. You can paste the content and reformat it- so good luck with anyone transferring from another platform, anyone with pre-existing documents, basically anyone that wants to edit a document outside of their terrible text editor.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I was told that Rippling would out-perform Zenefits, QuickBooks and DocuSign combined. That turned out to be a lie, and I am now out over $1000.00. They have no customer support. Good luck getting any issues resolved or getting anyone to help you if you need a refund. When I asked for a refund, my account was cancelled, I was ghosted and no refund was ever issued.

MARCUS from Syndicate Mortgages, llc

Horrible service and on boarding

Their system is nothing more than the API hub to other third-party service providers. You're paying to connect to your other services through their interface, which costs additional for each service on a per-person level. There are many more affordable solutions with better interface and customer service. To prove how outdated and horrible their system is, they declined my payment (even though I provided my full account info with their rep on the phone that was chewing on the phone, letting me figure everything out instead of trying to help me). I tried to reach my rep, that he disappeared. Due to the inconsistency and the low-level onboarding, I decided to cancel and not proceed with the service. Right after I canceled the service, they went into my account and started to withdraw money without my consent! I doubt that any of these reviews are legitimate. I have found the same reviews on different channels, basically plagiarized.

Pros

I didn't like anything once I signed up.

Cons

-ZERO Customer Service -Horrible Onboarding for someone who advocates themselves as an onboarding service -Constant upsell for every single thing in the system, even after I selected the everything from their highest level package there is still cost for even a simple API for your email or Salesforce and much more! -User Interface is extremely outdated -Functionality is exaggerated.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Because it was cheaper from the onset and easier to use until I actually signed up and all the rest of the cost that wasn't disclosed started adding on.

Chris from Push Innovation Live

Forget ADP, Paychex or Ceridian

With Rippling, we spend so much less time fixing problems than we used to with the big payroll providers. The system natively and easily integrates with G Suite, Expensify, health insurance, worker's comp, and a variety of other services. This allows us to focus on building the business rather than payroll and HR.

Pros

This is, by far, the easiest and most intuitive payroll and HR software that I've used. Doing the initial setup took a mere 3 hours compared to literally months of setup time for ADP Workforce Now or Ceridian Dayforce HCM. Rippling does what they say they're going to do and they seem to do it very well. Direct deposits have been making it successfully into accounts so far!!!

Cons

I'm not a big fan of team-based email support, but that's pretty much the only option they provide. While I don't feel they're leading me astray, I also don't feel like they intimately know the needs of my company. I'm also a little concerned about the longevity of a company that is probably running off of venture capital, but it is a risk I am very willing to take to not have the frustration of one of the big payroll companies, who have software that is difficult to use and often screwed up payroll runs.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Pricing, features, and ease-of-use.

Stuart from Beta Bionics

Industry: Medical Devices

Great all in one company admin portal

As stated previously. The all in one location of all my company and employment information is great.

Pros

It has everything in one place. All my personal information/benefits/payroll, etc. On top of that it has a very easy company directory that is actionable for texts and phone calls. The software is also very simple to operate, very clean interface with simple to understand language and icons.

Cons

I have not found any items I have not enjoyed using so far.

Tracilyn from MajorClarity

Smoothest replacement for HR ever

Benefits departments can be trimmed to the barest bone with a functional and useful HR tool like Rippling.

Pros

I recently got married and had to update my tax filing status and a few other personal tidbits. With Rippling, it took less than 5 minutes to get everything figured out; what is more impressive was that the program also included helpful hyperlinks such as the IRS tax estimator that I didn't think to use beforehand since this is my first marriage. My spouse, on the other hand, couldn't update anything without scheduling a "special meeting" with HR/benefits--who happen to sit right behind her since she also works in HR on the recruiting side. She works for an extremely large company, and the processes that clunk up her day for minute updates such as this are extreme, in my opinion. I jokingly told her that she should refer Rippling to her HR department.

Cons

There's honestly little I would change. The platform is customizable for users to an extent. Don't want to have you pay stubs emailed to you? You can update that. As a user, I don't have any complaints.

Alec from Yumi

Rippling Provides Needed HR/IT Integration

Pros

Every company I have worked for has struggled with integrating HR & IT onboarding and offboarding processes. Typically, companies will have to resort to a spreadsheet of software and services. I really like that Rippling integrates SAML and other utilities like SSH key management. I also really enjoy the HR experience, the Payroll dashboard is really nice. The benefits dashboard is extremely clear and accessible. Overall, I've been really happy with Rippling.

Cons

They are a relatively new company and sometimes the occasional bug pops up, like an app bug I ran into when putting in the two factor code. I haven't run into any showstoppers so far and overall, the positives greatly outweigh the negatives.

Rusty from Counterspherics

Excellent Investment to Agument HR (Onboarding, Offboarding, Payroll)

Very, Very, Good Overall

Pros

Extremely easy to set up. A little knowledge needed to get set up but nothing major. User self service feature is key in reducing HR work. I use this for my section as I am in charge of the P/L for my division. Reduces my level of effort with respect to HR tasks and because we operate as a separate operating organization and report up to corporate - this makes my job easier and allows me to concentrate on my area of focus...technology.

Cons

Nothing major. Easy to figure out. Benefits far outweigh any cons....but I have not run into any. System is extremely flexible and extensible.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Our company runs its divisions separate with separate P/Ls for each division head. In this sense, each division is in itself, operates as its own Small Business (small business model)...and this SMB focus, price, functionality, Ease-of-Use, and location of servers (USA-not offshore) all made business sense. The extensibility of Rippling at some future point was also key.

Caroline from RFG Advisory

Buyer Beware! Empty promises and no support

It has been terrible. Our implementation manager was pretty good but since then the support team is non-responsive (most requests take 48 hours to hear back) and the help center on the site is terrible. There are additional features you can turn on like custom fields but there is no training on how to do this and unless you know what you are looking for, you would never know where to find it.

Pros

Leaving Paychex we were really excited at the prospect of being able to have payroll, HR and benefits all in one place. In all of the demos we did, Rippling seemed slick and we loved all of the "add-on" possibilities.

Cons

We knew changing payroll companies would be a challenge but it really has been one problem after another! We have a mixture of 1099 and W2 employees which they told us they could do but it has been a payroll nightmare! All of the "add-ons" that we saw in the demo are not native to Rippling, they are partners that you can subscribe to and feed into Rippling. They typically only sync names.

Devon from 1859 inc

Industry: Biotechnology

rippling vs. gusto, no contest rippling wins.

would recommend to anyone vs gusto or zenefits(which has awful customer service) - you speak to someone you get an answer vs. other programs which reroute you to someone new who has no idea about your problem.

Pros

customer service is top notch with rapid responses to questions. can link up to other apps very easily which is fantastic.

Cons

would love to incorporate PTO into a team calendar in the site

better customer service

Response from Rippling

Replied July 2019

Hey, thanks for your feedback! You actually can customize and share your PTO into a team calendar. See https://help.rippling.com/pto/calendar/. If you have any questions, just reach out to our support team.

Misty from Gnomon, Inc.

Rippling is Magical

Payroll is much easier and love that it can be automated. The sales team was very polite and informative. The implementation always made sure we were on track and available when we had questions. It is a wonderful system and we are excited to see any improvements in the future.

Pros

This software is so easy to use and you can definitely tell the developers thought about everything. The implementation was effortless and brought our company into 21st century. It has made so many things easier and saved a lot of time for the HR team.

Cons

For our company, it would have been nice if it had a time and attendance platform already built in.

A delightful and easy to use platform

Pros

My job recently switched to Rippling from Gusto, and although I love Gusto, Rippling was a really nice surprise! You get emailed when you're paid, like Gusto, but it tells you the details in the email body moreso. The interface is also super easy to use. I like that there is an "advice of deposit" embedded in the webpage so that you don't have to download a PDF to see the details. It's great to have the crucial details like net pay and pay period upfront. There's also a neat bar that shows how much went to taxes and how much went to you. The drawings are super cute too and lift my mood. Another nice thing is you can easily change your tax status on Rippling, so it feels very integrated.

Cons

I don't love the paystub pdf look. It has a giant "THIS IS NOT A CHECK" watermark, and overall looks a little unprofessional. Makes me a bit nervous when I have to submit paystubs to anyone as proof of income, and I worry they won't believe me. I felt Gusto's PDFs were way more professional and legit.

Brian from Greenix Pest Control

Great System!!!

I have used Rippling with two separate companies at this point. Managing small businesses with a system as simple and nibble as Rippling has been an incredible asset. This is not the system for people that are staring down WorkDay with an HRIS team in house. Rather this is the cost effective way of those small to medium sized companies to get something that is enterprise worthy that can grow with you.

Pros

- Ease of use - Implementation can be done in a day - Really nibble - Quite a long list of 3rd party apps that play very well with the system

Cons

- Lacks some flexibility that larger enterprise solutions have (not for huge companies yet)

Molly from 4Creeks, Inc.

Industry: Civil Engineering

HR that is simple, informative and user friendly

Rippling has been a great tool and very useful for our entire company.

Pros

Rippling has made my job significantly easier and less stressful. From customized reports (employee birthdays, t-shirt sizes, PTO reports) to easy hiring that takes less than 5 minutes, Rippling has been a life saver to make sure no HR step is missed. I am new in HR so having a platform that I can use easily and confidently was a game changer.

Cons

We have had some trouble with PTO integration. Transferring medical information from hard copies to Rippling (especially during the renewal period) was a little difficult and made it hard to identify who had a change in their plans. although this will not be a problem in the future now that we have fully transitioned our health insurance tracking through Rippling.

Katherine from Misfits Market

So convenient!

Pros

I liked that it took care of all the on-boarding prior to my start at my new company. It was such a pleasant surprise to come in on my first day and not have to spend the first half of it filling out paperwork to get myself into the system. Furthermore, it was really great to be on payroll from day 1 instead of having that awkward gap in time with no income that is typical in switching careers.

Cons

I wish there were previous documents for health insurance. To clarify further, when electing my health insurance plan, I was given 3 options. After I selected my preferred plan, the other options were no longer visible to me and I wish they were; I am having second thoughts on the plan I chose and would like the information I once had available to me still accessible after my choice.

Response from Rippling

Replied October 2019

Hey there, thanks so much for your feedback. Regarding your health insurance comment, wanted to make sure you're aware that a. if this is Open Enrollment and OE is still open, your Rippling admin can always open it back up for you in product, or you can download Summary of Benefits and come back to make elections before the deadline passes. Reach out to your admin or support@rippling for any questions.

REZA from BEFORE BRANDS

Amazing

The employees benefit plans were all manually set up and entered not automatically as advertised / promised

Pros

Ease of use, User friendly , Great tax engine ,

Cons

Implementation process can be improved,

Hasan from Blackstone Shooting Sports

A 10 out of 10 Review for Rippling

My overall experience with Rippling is 10 out of 10. Rippling makes employee-employer, contractor, and global schedule management a breeze.

Pros

Rippling was straightforward to get happily involved with their software solutions as a user. I also find it easy to use to sign off on all my contract/work-related paperwork. Lastly, I love seeing rippling emails whenever I get paid and payroll items are a breeze.

Cons

I don't necessarily have anything I least like about this software.

Best all-in-one solution for small business

Pros

all the different modules that work together: payroll, benefits, RPass, app integrations, connection to 401k

Nicole from Juristat

Excellent Resource for Small Businesses

Absolutely fantastic. Although there are areas for improvement, every time I reach out to Rippling with a request for help or new feature, I always get a positive response. If it's not already in the pipeline for development, they're more than willing to consider for future releases. I cannot recommend this application enough.

Pros

I can manage my payroll, insurance/benefits, onboarding/offboarding, software & hardware deployment all through one interface. The document retention feature is absolutely amazing. Having new hires and current employees digitally sign documents and then store those docs in Rippling is an amazing timesaver and takes a lot of the headache out of tracking down slowpoke reviewers. Payroll in itself is a breeze. We've had to incorporate into multiple states as we acquire more remote employees and Rippling has guides for employer account creation for all 50 (from what I can tell, at least!). Not only that, but it's a single flat monthly fee to run as many payrolls as you need.

Cons

The formatting on the doc builder is a little glitchy and you don't have many fonts to choose from. While the software integration is an amazing feature, it's not always applicable to the accounts our team maintains. Sometimes the SaaS provider will require you to use an Enterprise+ account to take full advantage of the integration... obviously not something Rippling can control, but it's a bummer nonetheless.

Clarence from Blessed Cleaning & Janitorial Services LLC

Industry: Facilities Services

A Must Have

Overall this has been a great program we have yet to start using the payroll yet which we roll out our next payday but everyone was quick in getting us set up friendly and quick to respond.

Pros

So in my office, we use a lot of different programs the best thing about this program is I can now access most of them through this app without having to sign in that's huge for us

Cons

I love everything about it. I would love to see more functionality. Like a communication board for employees, training inside the app etc

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

The ease of the program the single sign-on and the promise for more to come.

Evan from Jones IT

Rippling Saves us Time

We've been with Rippling since they first launched. Their support is extremely responsive and we've seen a lot of our feature requests implemented into the product. It was already great, but it keeps getting better and better as time goes on.

Pros

Rippling saves us a lot of managerial time. It saves the most time of some of our key executives, which is extremely valuable.

Cons

We don't use some of the IT related features, but everything else we love.

Andreas from EVRNU

Industry: Textiles

The new generation of payroll software

Impressive response times during sales cycle and implementation and now post-launch support. We had some hiccups during conversion (as might be expected) that I worried about but Rippling solved the issues quickly.

Pros

I haven't yet implemented all of the features that Rippling provides, but what I like is that this software has the right blend of features, ease of use (or lack of complexity) and price. It also seems like this platform was made "fresh" and wasn't legacy software that's been modified. The conversion was also easy and it made adding a new FSA plan ridiculously easy.

Cons

I don't yet intuitively know where to find everything - but it's a more of a familiarity issue than a software problem.

Rudolf from Platform Science

User / employee suggestions

It's clear that development is in progress, so far impressed by the potential.

Pros

I like that the design direction is focused on usability around the most important / bottom line information we usually come to the service for.

Cons

I wasn't sure what RPass was, didn't know what I was giving up my password for which is a strange feeling. Once in there, I attempted to sign into Greenhouse, but there was a SAML error displayed as JSON. As a user, it's not great to come across such poor user experience when you handle our critical information for us. Also, I couldn't search by job title in the directory on mobile, was was frustrating.

Response from Rippling

Replied February 2020

Hey Rudolf, Thanks so much for your feedback, much appreciated. We apologize for your inconvenience around RPass, and want to reiterate that your data is secure. If you have questions, reach out to support@rippling.com

Ian from Giving Assistant

Great Management tool

It's been great! Makes my life easier knowing i can view my benefits and payroll info in such an in such a simple yet effective manner. Will likely recommend this software to future employers if they aren't currently using it.

Pros

Just a great way to organize all of my health benefits and payments. I've never had a piece of software consolidate all of those things in one place thats presented in such a simple way.

Cons

Really don't have any gripes with the software from i've used it

Leah from CityBldr

Rippling - Gamechanger

Pros

We are a small startup who scales fast and when we made the switch to Rippling, everything became so easy! We were able to move from several different vendors to just this one, for so many things that we need to operate. It's probably the best tool I use on a regular basis in my position at the company.

Cons

I wish there was a phone number to call for support as an option.

Ryann from Cybrary

I love the "you got paid" emails

I have never used Rippling so it was a great surprise. I was very impressed with the overall ease of use and simple it made my onboarding.

Pros

I like that everything is very user friendly. If I need to query how many days off my team has taken it's very simple. I love the automated emails when I get paid as well - and the easy to read break down of my paycheck. If I ever forget a password, I log into Rippling and I can SSO into any of the apps my company uses.

Cons

I think the Google authenticator can be annoying but, other than that I don't have any issues and I understand the two-step authenticator is for security reasons.

Jane-Ellis from Summersalt Inc.

The right fit

I am really pleased with Rippling and I would recommend it - especially for a small company like ours

Pros

The thing I like most about Rippling is its simplicity. I really appreciate that the screens are simple, and not cluttered, and that the "wizards" set up for various workflows are instructive and helpful. Rippling helps us to manage our HR and Payroll documentation very efficiently.

Cons

On occasion, I would have liked a number to call so that I could speak to a person, because I find that can be more efficient than emailing when a question is more complicated in nature. I have found the email support team to be responsive.