• Pros

• "I like that you can customize each invite and tailor it to each applicant's position. I also think it is great that RIVS sends out reminders to the applicants when there is a delay in scheduling."

• "The ease of use of the system. It is robust, but you don't need a PhD to figure out. It was really important for us to choose a company that good user interface, but also had a good feature set."

• "The digital interviews are a great screening tool and time saver. "

• Cons

• "There are occasionally glitches across different browsers and trouble syncing audio and visuals but it is not a frequent concern. "

• "We haven't had any cons so far! Everything has been great. "

• "It can be a bit pricey. We are still becoming intermediate users and do not have to many issues to speak of."

Browse RIVS Reviews

Excellent Recruitment Tool

The rivs system is an excellent way to quickly make contact with candidates and learn about them without needing to pick up the phone.

Pros

My favorite thing about the rivs system is how user-friendly it is.

Cons

I wish we were able to better manipulate the content received - e.i remove specific questions if we don't want to our clients to see their responses.

Greg from High School District

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

RIVS: Helping School Districts to Hire Faster, Smarter and Cheaper!

My school district reviewed several video interviewing platforms. We receive literally thousands of applications for teaching positions each year. Our dilemma was finding the best teachers possible without spending time, money and energy conducting thousands of face-to-face or telephone interviews. RIVS (Recorded Interview Video System) solved our problem via their one-way prerecorded video interviews. We love the various features and adaptability of the SaaS platform and all interviews are cloud-stored by RIVS! Now, instead of attending job fairs and interviewing only a handful of candidates who were brave enough to wait an hour in line, we collect email addresses and sent targeted interviews to every candidate who stops by our table. Those interviews are then shared with administrators across our school district. It's a win-win for our district and the job seekers. No more, "I waited in line for an hour and was asked two questions...are you kidding me?!"

Pros

Ease of use Integration with Frontline's Appli-Track system Cost Customer Support

Cons

We love this product and have not found any "cons" yet.

Ashley from AT&T

Rivs experience

Pros

Easy to use and you receive notifications when a new video comes in.

Cons

Hasn't worked in a week and it glitches.

Laura from Advanced Resources

I LOVE RIVS

The representatives at RIVS are incredibly responsive, I know they have many other clients, but they never make you feel that way. They ensure to follow up with any technical glitches that may occur and respond with fantastic updates. I almost, don't want other companies to know about this product because I know we have a competitive edge by streamlining calls and video conferencing!

Pros

Phone tag is the worst! With Rivs, you can eliminate the back and forth of phone tag. Simply send or email link and it's so easy for the person you are hoping to chat with get scheduled. Eliminate the need to go back and forth to coordinate schedules, this offers such a streamlined approach. I've been having great success with using it on LinkedIn within the messenger app as well to coordinate prospect calls.

Cons

Nothing, I honestly can't remember how it felt to not have RIVS, I'm able to really focus on the things that matter, getting quality talent to my clients that much faster!

Mark from Arlington ISD

Time Saver with Some Good Features

Calling and scheduling an interview that fits everyone's schedule is time consuming. I appreciate that the applicant and interviewer can conduct one-way interview at their own schedule and pace. You can also schedule more interviews that you could conduct face to face, bringing more possibilities into the hiring decision.

Pros

My favorite feature is the rating scale. You can rate the responses as you listen, later sorting the applicants by the rating scale to indicate the applicants with the strongest responses. This can be tricky after conducting multiple face to face interviews and remembering the applicant from your notes.

Cons

The process or logistics of setting up a position and questions is awkward. The workflow isn't intuitive and required learning of the vocabulary of the system. Recent use of the e-mail invitations with fields have resulted in invitations being sent to applicants with the wrong position or campus identified.

Ashley from BlueWave Resource Partners

RIVS Digital Interviewing

Pros

RIVS is a great tool to use from a recruiter seat. It allows us to have our candidates dive into their experience and share details about their backgrounds and be more than just words on a resume.

Amy from BlueWave RP

RIVS adds a lot of value to our process!

Pros

RIVS is completely customizable to both our industry and sending it to each individual. I can customize my own questions, video length, titles, you name it! It's easy to send out and keep track of when it has been completed by our candidates through their automatic email updates. RIVS has changed the process for a lot of our client interactions and has excelled us over our competitors.

Cons

The down side is when the video and sound don't match. There tends to be a lag at times, so you have to make sure you are using the right browser before using the video part.

Richard from Traliant

Job Interviews will never be the same again

RIVS is great for interviewing candidates that will be working remote. This way you can see the candidate and how they respond to your questions. It makes for a more personal job interview.

Pros

I love how this software is easy to use, how it sends the candidates notifications, and reminders. On the tech side I love how the system allows the candidates to test their system before doing the interview to make sure they system is capable of running the software.

Cons

The only drawback is that not everyone has a dependable internet so I wish there was an option to do an interview with less computer resources.

Cassandra from BlueWave

Love the product and their internal team!

It's a great tool that I look forward to continue using.

Pros

This tool is extremely easy to use both internally and when sending to candidates. The team was awesome and even helped us integrate within our ATS.

Cons

Small glitches sometimes but preventable if candidates use the correct browser when recording their videos.

Joey from Finance

Nice video interview software

Pros

Pretty easy to use and has a nice integration into Bullhorn! The preset questions are pretty good as well!

Cons

Sometimes it bugs out and doesn't play when you send shareable links.

Joe from DCI Donor Services

Excellent Product

I would recommend this product to all HR practitioners and recruiters.

Pros

This product revolutionized the way we screen potential applicants for the organization. By utilizing the digital interviewing platform, we are better able to identify top talent before bringing them in for an onsite interview. Feedback from our hiring managers has been phenomenal. The amount of time saved (which translates into a cost savings as well) by utilizing this product is insurmountable.

Cons

Our organization goes by different names in different parts of the country - it would be nice to be able to differentiate the names of the organization when sending introductory e-mails to applicants.

Helen from Advanced RPO

Daily User - Very user friendly

When RIVS sends out reminders for an applicant that has not scheduled it saves the user time and the need to follow-up with the applicant.

Pros

Cons

The calendar needs to be refreshed often to show real-time scheduling.

Benjamin from Houston Health Department

Great all around digital interview system!

We were able to interview a ton of candidates very quickly.

Pros

Cons

I haven't yet found anything that I don't like. Sometimes, there are a few quirks with internet explorer, but really who uses that anymore?

RIVs Review

Offering the clients a solution to cut down on the amount of interviews they are doing. It works great!

Pros

I like that we can use it as a recorded video question & answer platform for our clients. It allows our clients to see our candidates' communications skills and professionalism.

Cons

Sometimes, the videos come back corrupted, and do not work, so we have to ask our candidates to re-record. There is also sometimes no sound in the videos.

Marsha from Halton District School Board

RIVS has transformed the way we interview

Extremely positive experience! We have used this software to prescreen applicants from around the globe including South Korea, Vietnam,Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, England, Trinidad, etc. With RIVS it is easy to connect with applicants close to home, across the country and around the globe!

Pros

The ease of creating on-line video interviews for applicant pre-screening.

Cons

Occasionally internet connection not always the best, most often in remote areas of Canada - this is not the fault of RIVS but of patchy internet connections in Canada's north.

Reasons for Choosing RIVS

Meets our needs, ease of use, met our tight budgetary needs.

Francisco from Globalization Partners

Great Recruitment Tool

RIVS has helped to source candidates and identify our needs on the first stage of the process, since we hire in other countries, it helps also evaluate the language skills of the candidates.

Pros

The ability to have an initial sense of the candidates and how they communicate before considering them for future steps within the process.

Cons

The video sometimes freezes or there's a delay between video and audio

International Staffing Pre-Interviews

Pros

We are a very seasonal resort and rely heavily on international staff. with a front desk and 3 restaurants, strong English skills is critical. the video interview allows applicants from around the work schedule their video interview when convenient for them and then we watch the recorded responses. It allows us to evaluate their English as well as their intensity and personality. great tool!

Kevin from Regency Lighting

Fantastic Tool for hiring process

Using video interviews allows the hiring manager to do the initial review of candidates and allows us to determine who we want to advance in the process. In addition, we are able to provide comments and share the information within our departments. Finally, the software has significantly improved the processing time within our HR department and the hiring managers.

Pros

Software is easy to use and helps us share candidate I formation within our company more efficiently.

Cons

I have no complaints with my use of the software over the first 6+ months of use.

Makes Scheduling a Breeze

One challenge we face at the office is scheduling appointments at our clients' offices; with many office workers juggling meetings, conference calls, etc., it is much easier to allow the employees to choose a time that works best for them. RIVS has made this very easy! The buildout of the landing page is intuitive and very user-friendly. My only regret is not implementing this solution sooner!

Pros

Ease of use; ability to schedule multiple locations, dates and times; reporting features

Cons

No cons so far -- it has been very easy to use!

March 2016

Jack from Jack Young Personnel Services, Inc.

@recruiter Thoughts on RIVS Software Recruiting Solution

As a recruiter for the past thirty years I diligently try to stay abreast of developing trends in recruiting solutions. I also look for strategies that will differentiate me from other recruiters. RIVS Interview Solutions offers both of those advantage to me. The company is continuously trying to broaden the scope of what the Video Interview offers to recruiters and hiring authorities. It also allows a recruiter to evaluate a potential job candidate's true interest in the opportunity presented; in so much as they are being asked to present themselves and their industry knowledge in a thought provoking and technically advanced manner. I have also been able to present my job opportunities with my own Video Introduction that offers a bit more "flavor" and insight regarding the job; supplementing the written verbiage in the job description.

Response from RIVS

Replied March 2016

Claudia from Air Canada Vacations

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

GREAT ROI

We are extremely satisfied with the results so far. The entire team has been great to work with and we would highly recommend this system to others. Our recruiting team is in heaven and this has proven to be a huge time saver for everyone.

Pros

- easy of use - time saver - immediate results - easy implementation - great support team - easy integration

Cons

- a few minor challenges that are being ironed out.

Jenny from Fitzii

Great Time Saver!

Overall, RIVS has been great in saving us time and allowing us to act quickly. We can send multiple invitations to candidates and review and follow up as necessary. This also gives more opportunities and flexibility to candidates, as they can complete the audio interview on their own time and on a schedule that suits them. It is also a faster process.

Pros

RIVS helps us save so much time with screening applicants and reviewing audio or video interviews. My favourite thing would be the ease of setting up each separate interview and reviewing/rating candidate responses.

Cons

My least favourite thing would be the layout of the dashboard; I think more could be done to better organize it and make it look more user friendly.

Sonya from HEB ISD

Time saver

Pros

The digital interviews are a great screening tool and time saver.

Cons

I want to be able to add comments that others can’t see.

Amanda from Gensuite LLC

Awesome software for the HR/recruiting team!

Pros

Very easy to use, saves the HR team time on phone interviews, ability to share interviews via links with hiring managers

Cons

We haven't had any cons so far! Everything has been great.

George from Claddagh Resources

March 2016

Great innovative user friendly platform.

We started using RIVS as part of our in-house recruiting procedures in order to enhance the candidate experience and give the client a three dimensional resume. It has been an unqualified success. The candidate sees it as a way of enhancing his overall value. The hiring manager can save loads of time and resources concentrating only on really qualified candidates. And the recruiter has very happy clients. I would definitely recommend this product.

Does the Job

Pros

This platform at the very least does what its intended. It has features like adjusting the recording length and re-recording one way videos. We only use this platform for one way videos at this time.

Cons

The platform does glitch from time to time and has difficult customer service when we reach out for escalated candidate issues.

James from MLT

Much better than InterviewStream

We switched to RIVS from InterviewStream, and so far, I like the platform much better. The Requisitions creation is different from other systems I've looked at, but they do a great job of allowing you to batch questions. From a prospect perspective, RIVS is easier to use than InterviewStream and has resulted in a lower user-error rate.

Response from RIVS

Replied February 2017

James, we're happy you're thrilled about RIVS modern technology and focus on simplicity.

Ryan from Signature Staffing

The New Standard Of Hiring

RIVS has developed a product that will soon become the standard for hiring across the United States. Too long have we followed an archaic model for hiring. The RIVS Platform is ushering in a new and lasting model for hiring that injects life into the hiring process! Supplanting old and boring methods with exciting and innovative methods, RIVS is sure to bring value to your company.

Joseph from Colonial Life

We are just getting started.

Have not used

Pros

Our company recently adopted RIVs and it has the potential to be very helpful. I’ve used it multiple times and it was easy to figure out. It will take some time for our clients to adopt it as well. It helps everyone.

Cons

When setting the time slots it was not clear how to do group actions. For example, if I wanted to remove a block or possible appointments, it just took too many steps.

Anna from Nestle

RIVS Experience

I love RIVS and I look forward to continuing to use it in my everyday job!

Pros

As a recruiter, I use RIVS almost everyday for interviews. I enjoy the simplicity of setting up the meeting as well as the minimal issues and positive feedback I receive from the candidates and panelists who use the software. I never have a doubt that the connectivity will be smooth and flawless.

Cons

Sometimes my clients have issues with using the best browser. Sometimes older browsers do not work with the software.

Malory from Nestlé

Easy to Use!

Pros

Very easy to use on both-ends. I like that you can use this on your phone too.

Cons

The connection can be spotty from time to time.

Mary from Colonial Life

Easy and Efficient

Pros

I like that we are able to customize many facets of the process.

Cons

Some of the location setup can be a bit confusing at first.

David from Cypress-Fairbanks ISD

Digital Interviewing

Getting a better feel of applicants before calling them in for an interview

Pros

I like how you can pre-screen applicants and learn more about them ahead of time

Cons

The thing that I like least is from the opposite perspective. I feel that for some people, they do not interview well digitally but better in person so may give off the wrong impression.