• Pros

• "It is easy to use, and the service staff are friendly and always very helpful at hand to help if needed"

• "Easy to use , saves so much of my time and great value for my money. We have used RotaCloud now for three years and I recommend it to anyone I know in business."

• "Very easy to use and saves me hours each month on organising shifts and staff leave."

• Cons

• "The software can sometimes be a little slow to load and app often crashes but other than that it works a dream and makes my life so much easier when running a small business with lots of contractors."

• "Would prefer an email invoice every month rather logging on to download and save. Apart from that everything is great."

• "It could take my job! Rotas are the one thing that takes time and patience, however this software eliminates that. It's a con, but a positive one. Sometimes as it's cloud, there is downtime "

Browse RotaCloud Reviews

Niall from Bluestones Group

Excellent value for money. Super easy to use

We tried other solutions before arrive at RotaCloud and have not looked back since. From first contact to present date I have had nothing but positive experiences with RotaCloud. The sales and technical support teams are fantastic, quick to respond and very friendly.

Pros

RotaCloud has managed to strike the illusive balance between intuitive, easy to use software, and a comprehensive level of complexity that ensures it is able to cope with teams of any size and structure without breaking a sweat. The web app has a really fresh feel and everything is very easy to find. The immense variety of settings have allowed me to tailor a bespoke rota management experience for my team with almost unsettling ease.

Cons

The phone app, while still in keeping with the fresh feel of the software, feels like a bit of an after thought. I would also like to see rules and conditions introduced (eg. always require X amount of this type of worker on this day)

Mark from National Forest Adventure Farm

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Staff rota's are no longer a hated task

Excellent. What can I say? Rota allocations are now a simply easy exercise regardless of me being in my office or enjoying a day out. I can create, edit and update a rota anywhere. The hourly tracking is a simple operation using a tablet as a keypad for clocking in and out allowing for verifying projected cost to actual cost.

Pros

The software is simple and easy to use regardless of web app, IOS or Android. You can allocate your team members and keep apprised of the operational cost of a shift, trading day, week or month. The reporting area is detailed and tailored to what you require when you require it.

Cons

I think the only area I would like to see improved would be holiday accrual. If this could show a column of accrued, used and balance for zero hour staff it would help me substantially.

Reasons for Choosing RotaCloud

Ease of use, simple invoicing structure, keen to implement ideas and improve the core product.

Luke from University of Kent

The Perfect Solution

This product has saved me so much time, covering shifts and sickness at a click of the button instead of dozens of calls.

Pros

The programme is so easy to use and set up for what I required for my department. before we used this the rotas had to be printed and when there was a change they had to be printed again. sickness then required someone going through a list of employees and phoning them to see who could cover the shift. All I do now is put the shift into Rotacloud and everyone is sent an email and when someone accepts the shift I am notified. This product saves me so much time and have access to it on my phone which enables me to deal with problems straight away.

Cons

I honestly can not answer this as I am more than happy with what this has done for me.

Maninder from Remax Royals - Maidenhead, Berkshire

Simple enough to use for the regular and basic tasks.

Saves time. Employees are notified via the app. Communication is much easier.

Pros

Ease of use for making changes to the rota. Prompt and helpful attitude to customer support via the online chat.

Cons

Perhaps the 'Availability' feature. Could be more intuitive. Mobile version of software is slow on many occasions.

Terry from Hest Bank Kennels

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Rota and staff time management can be very time consuming

Rotacloud team are very progressive and always looking at ways to improve and add to the service they offer. Could not recommend them enough!

Pros

Rotacloud is very clear easy to use, easy to allocate Rota's and staff leave, Staff have clear indication of they're working hours, and holiday entailment. Everything stored in one place. Management time saving, use daily as one of our key management tools. Team at Rota cloud are always exceptionally polite and always helpful.

Cons

No dislikes, certain parts of the program are not necessary for our business, we simply utilise the parts of the program that fits our business requirement, integrates well with our staff payroll system.

Reasons for Choosing RotaCloud

Easier to understand and use, simpler and clearer for our staff

Joe from Southwark Playhouse

Best Rotating System out there

brilliant, a rota system game changer

Pros

Rota cloud have been a massive influence on making my job easier and quicker, I've managed to run a payroll not being at an computer. i use two separate accounts one is for staff 22 user and the other is volunteer of which we have about 110 users. For both of the two accounts i manage its has been really easy for people to pick up and because i work we people with different strength almost all have pick it up straight away.

Cons

too many prompts for hot key use. .........................

Reasons for Choosing RotaCloud

best value and worked with us to create a great system

Nathan from Nathan Mark Dance Academy

Overall fantastic software!

Fantastic, as mentioned fantastic value for money and gets the job done! Some fantastic features and also the customer support service is world class.

Pros

My main pro about this software is that it is fairly straight forward to use and has lots of great features including the capacity to clock in and out, put in leave requests and generally build and manage rotes. And it is exceptionally good value for money.

Cons

I don't really have any issues only suggests of what should be added. As the business owner, manager of my company and also an employee elsewhere that uses another software similar to this there are a few features that could massively improve rotacloud. I have listed my suggestions below; - Messaging capacity - team should be able to message each other, their department, managers etc. - Leave feature isn't as straight forward as could be. - Team should be able to just put a days request off in and select the actual times they are requesting off whether it be 10am-5pm (college, uni) or all day as currently all leaves go on like booking in a holiday. - PLEASE ADD A DAILY LABOUR CARD REPORT!!! - this should include two sections am and pm that shows you who is on what shift, what department and any open shifts. - I am desperate for this feature as I currently create on myself so I can easily look in front of me as to who is working when. This report should also show each team members weekly hours, overtime highlighted in red, and a summary of the daily labour costs. - LOOK at Hot Schedules as their daily labour report is fantastic.

Simply down to cost.

Jak from BeMoto

Excellent

Pros

Simple to use and great value for money!

Cons

App at manager level is terrible. Cannot see who is off whereas on employee version you can.

Ashley from Fidelia

Never look back...

exceptional, I wouldn't go back to our old excel based system for all the tea in China!

Pros

It's very intuitive and user friendly for the staff. It cuts down on the amount of time the staff spend trying to cover shifts too

Cons

We had to get a bespoke template made for payroll. Perhaps there could have been an easier way round it but it's done now

peter from P E DILLYSPOONS LTD

User friendly product

very good and great support

Pros

ease of use and no problems if i need advice or help from customer support

Cons

everything is fine for my needs, so there's nothing for me too dislike

a lot easier to use

Mathew from The Bradgate Park Trust

Rota software for all

A great experience and ffered above and beyond what we expected.

Pros

Rotacloud was very easy to set up, build member database, build and copy rotas for the present and future and most importantly was easily accessed and easily used by our volunteers and staff.

Cons

nothing stand-out as did what we asked for all situations

Charlie from Emily's

Not perfect, but pretty good

The cons I describe above are really small, and are 'enchancements' or dev requests more than problems. I could not run this business without RotaCloud!

Pros

Being online means I can create rotas at home or work, and the app means team can access their rotas in the way that's easiest for them. I like being able to copy a shift from one day/person to another, and being able to copy a week's shift from one week to another. The reporting is good also, enabling me to do payroll easily.

Cons

A few things are bit fiddly and could be improved. 1. having to change between publish mode and rota mode. it would be better to be able to publish a week with a button, or a right click for just one shift. 2. it is cumbersome having to create holidays in a different screen. it would be better to be able to do it from within the rota screen. 3. if I'm creating a rota for next week, and then navigate away to, say the holiday screen, when I go back to the rota screen it will go back to THIS week not the week I was editing. On more than one occasion I haven't spotted that and erroneously then edited THIS week instead! 4. it would be great to be able to include paid leave in the report so that I know to include that person's day in a pay run. At the moment, I have created a role of 'paid leave' so that their holiday hours get included in their hours for that week 5. I like being able to see how many shifts a person has for that week (ie in a row) but it would also be helpful to see how many shifts are logged for each day (ie in a column).

Response from Kettle & Keyboard

Replied September 2019

Hi Charlie, Thanks for the feedback - I'm glad to hear that your experience with RotaCloud has been good so far. You'll be pleased to hear that daily totals, which will include daily hours, costs and number of shifts, is coming very soon! With regards to your other feedback, a member of the support team will be in touch directly to chat through further - a couple of the points you mentioned are already possible :) Many thanks, James

Samantha from Brunning Host Limited

Great Software

Time saving, and therefore cost saving from a wages point of view. Much more efficient management of holiday allowances and leave requests.

Pros

This software has been great for us and moving to it, from pen and paper, was the best decision we ever made. We have most definitely saved time in both writing and administering rotas, and the app means that all the staff know when they are expected in work without being able to say they hadn't been told! It is generally really easy to use from both a Manager and Employees point of view. The customer support is excellent, with questions being answered very quickly through the online chat facility. This is also great as it means you have a record of the conversations so if you need to refer back to something later on then you are able to do so. We manage two sites and 6 rotas in total across the business with nearly 100 employees. Being able to manage the leave through rotacloud has proven far more efficient and ensured that we are not in danger of finding ourselves at the beginning of December with a lot of holiday to make up with staff - something that seemed to happen every year historically.

Cons

There are some quirks which I would love to see ironed out. The 'Availability' function cannot cope with both ongoing requests and individual requests at the same time which is really frustrating. The majority of our crew are casual employees who have ongoing commitments as well as one off commitments so we have had to come up with a workaround to enable them to add all of their availability without the danger of some of it being missed. It would also be useful to have an easy way to see, and reinstate, past employees. With a very transient workforce, often away at university or travelling for long periods, we don't want to keep them on the system but need to be able to reinstate them when they return. I currently do this via a link but an easier way would be better.

Wendy from NHS PHB Employer

Excellent facility, helpful designers who will consider adding features you suggest

Pros

User-friendly, does a lot of the 'managing' for you, its really liked by our staff. I find the admin really easy to use either from an office or on-the-go. It is mostly reliable and the takes time and effort out of admin tasks - forward planning rotas, accurately recording holidays etc. Having a PHB meant that we had to take on the responsibility of managing 6 staff (3 full time/3 part time) to care for my disabled son around the clock. This facility is absolutely brilliant, and takes away the time-consuming role that I have now of admininistrating rostas and managing those staff. It also ensures that we run everything very professionally - but it takes away the embarrassment of saying 'no' if there are holiday clashes, staff want to swap last minute etc - as the function automatically puts in red flags when our staff try to do this. They soon get the message without us having to tell them! This would otherwise be difficult to in a situation like ours when people are working in your home, caring for your child and for parents like myself who are are not used to management of staff.

Cons

We can honestly say there there is not one single function that we don't like. The designer are very approachable and willing listen with regard to putting in new functions if you are not happy with the design.

Dennis from Kennet Care Ltd

Transformed our rota system

Prior to RotaCloud we used an excel paper copy of the rota. This was 'messy' and difficult to see exactly who was working what throughout the month. By the end of the month the paper version had numerous alterations as employees have time off through sickness or other personal issues / appointments. RotaCloud allows efficient changes to be made meaning any regulatory bodies looking at rotas have a clear and concise view of events. Time has been saved as when shifts change the system notifies all employees of availability at the home. This means that we are no longer calling round all employees which had impacted on their down time. Employees have also embraced the system using this to pick up additional shifts where they are available. Internal monitoring has improved as the management and HR team are now able to see 'real time' data of employees working patterns as well as any HR issues. The ability to add leave onto the system means creation of rotas is now more efficient with less mistakes made as well.

Pros

The ease of use of the system and the short amount of time that is required to set up. I was able to implement the system for our company within 1 day which included inputting of the rotas 4 weeks in advance. Employees are now able to see their shifts at any time through the mobile app or browser and are able to see any shifts which need covering. The cost of the system pays for itself purely from an administration point of view as we do not need to call round all employees for availability.

Cons

There are different price structures for different features and from our point of view it would be easier to have one price for all access.

Reasons for Choosing RotaCloud

Not applicable - RotaCloud is the first online system we have implemented after researching a number of options. RotaCloud was not only the most suitable to our business, it is also very competitively priced.

Fantastic Rota Tool!

When our store was still small with no more than four employees, we created rota's using a simple excel spreadsheet and wrote down a list of holidays. However, as our company grew, this way was no longer viable. We needed a better tool to keep track of our employees shifts, past and present, any holiday's needed or any sick days taken and a way to accumulate how many hours each employee has worked. We spent a few weeks signing up to free beta app's to find the right tool for us and finally landed on RotaCloud! Unlike other app's we have tried, RotaCloud has a very simplistic user face which makes it easy for not only the Managers to use, but also the employees to view their Rota's and book holiday's. Being able to download an excel sheet of data for holidays, sick days and absences taken by employees makes performance reviews ten times easier than it used to be scrambling through bits of paper to find out who took a sick day 5 weeks earlier. Overall, I would recommend using this app above other Rota Apps as it is a value for money and makes creating the rota one less headache.

Pros

The user face is very simplistic and easy to set up an account or add a new employee. It's great that we can add multiple locations to the account as we have multiple stores across the North West, and how we can add employees to various locations rather than having to add the same employee numerous times to have their account set up at different locations (which we had to do on other apps) which makes it much easier for the employees to see when they are working as well as where they are working.

Cons

It would be helpful for the person who is managing the Rota to be able to see the weeks rota in full on the phone app (like you can on the desktop) by spinning the screen on its side as at the moment you can only see day by day and have to select the each individual day to see it all, however this isn't a major issue.

Hannah from Orbit Debt Collections Ltd

Industry: Utilities

Rota's made simple

We have been using rota cloud for a few years now, and it has really helped our business become organised with staff rotas and has been a very easy and straight forward transition from excel spreadsheets to rota cloud. Customer service is excellent. Easy for managers and employees to use! Building a rota is so simple and time efficient.

Pros

Rota cloud is a really easy to use and straight forward app. When ever support is needed to make changes on rota cloud, the Q&A and help tool often has all the answers your looking for, however for those times where the query is more complex, the live chat service is very useful, and the team at rota cloud give very speedy responses and resolve any problems almost instantly! Excellent customer service

Cons

I have had a few problems in the past with rotacloud syncing correctly with peopleHR and the process to link the two correctly can be a little confusing if information isn't coming across from peopleHR. The reporting of employees is a basic overview and would be nice to see some more straight forward in depth reports

Alexandra from Amadeus Guest House

Makes Rota Planning a Walk in the Park!

Saved hours of my week planning and making rota changes. Everyone always knows where they need to be and what they are doing. An operational gem.

Pros

Ease of use, for both myself and my staff. Love to be able to run reports to submit to my accountant.

Cons

No support at the weekend! I once was disconnected by accounts for a delay in paying a bill, and the whole company came to a halt, because although my payment was made, the system was not reset live until the following Monday and this created a proper operational disaster for us.

Response from Kettle & Keyboard

Replied November 2017

Hi Alexandra, Thank you for your great review! We are really happy that you would recommend us to others. In regards to weekend support, at present we are a small team at RotaCloud HQ, however we are growing quickly and weekend support is something that we wish to do in the future. I would like to apologise for your account been suspended over the weekend. We understand your frustration, we are looking to tweak this, so that any billing queries are addressed during week day business hours. I am glad that RotaCloud has saved you time and I hope that you are a RotaCloud customer for a long time to come! Thanks Martin

Kathy from Healthcare

no more spreadsheets & post it notes!!

This is the first review I have taken the time to write as we are so impressed with RC. Using RC has transformed the way we work, we can now plan 6 weeks in advance and being cloud based means the system can be accessed from anywhere, staff love the app. Customer service is excellent . Well done the RC team!

Pros

Managing a large GP practice and a standalone endoscopy unit we were struggling to inform staff of their shift patterns and find cover for annual leave and sickness. We needed to streamline the process and have easily accessible live up to date information available to staff and management in one place. Having searched online for a solution we decided to give RotaCloud a try. Prior to going live representative from RotaCloud kindly spent nearly 3 hours giving us an overview and answering all of our questions .

Cons

Being the NHS the only issue we sometimes experience is slow broadband speed, which can effect the system, however we do find it improves using Google Chrome. The leave request system is a little clunky but the good thing about RC is that they listen to any issues and recommendations you may have and are continually adding new features.

Clare from The food centre

Very handy app. Love having all the information I need all in one place and super easy to use

Having all the information all in one place makes everything so easy. It has completely cut the time it take to do a rota, the lay out makes it all so straight forward. I use the staff more efficiently, instead of having 6 staff on in one day where they are not needed or not having enough staff for a day. I have been able to move them around to times when they are needed because the layout makes it very clear who is on and who you need.

Pros

Whenever I need help or have a question one of the lads will reply more or less straight away, they talk me through what I need to do. Its great not having to go through diaries or spreadsheets trying to figure out when people are on holidays , with one click I have all the employee holidays in front of me. I never go over my hours limit, it adds it up for me itself which saves the company I work for money. It used to take me roughly a full day if not longer to change peoples hours around and have it all right. Then insure that all staff knew when they were working, now all they have to do is check the app once they have been notified by the app itself. It really is a great app, and it really helped me out when I took on role of manager, I was looking for an easier way to do the rotas as it was taking to much time the way the previous manager had been doing it. I came across the app online 3 months into my role and that was over a year ago now and all the staff much prefer it this way. Its quick easy and to the point.

Lorraine from Airline services Channel Islands ltd

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Makes my job easier

Really saves time for me an d the company , the reports and clocking in and out have proved extremely useful in all HR areas as well as the daily running of the company.

Pros

Speed in which I can complete the Rota, the quick way I can allocate overtime / open shifts . The ease for the zero hours team to decline and advise, the way rota cloud helps speed up the monthly payroll due to the ease of reports available. Any staff queries are much easier to back track and confirm or amend.

Cons

Not being able to have a banked hours additional leave allocation area. Not being able to stop staff being able to request leave if they are near the red allocation as we use hourly leave. having to type in the break allocation ..ie not being able to set at time and break allocation then when you type in it. Should be able to reconise. For future memo area to be more effective. See which staff member hasnt looked ... add attachments.

Stefanie from MoveGB

Love RotaCloud!

Great! Really recommend RotaCloud and when I've looked at other rota options in the past out of interest they have paled in comparison!

Pros

I have used RotaCloud for my team for the past 4 years. It is easy to use as a user, and a dream for Managers when scheduling. It's clear, simple and I like the interface. I also like that the whole team can download the app. I find the dashboard a good way to get an overview of what a drafted week looks like before publishing, and it's great to be able to easily plan out weeks and make changes.

Cons

We don't need to use the clocking software, and there's a few suggestions I'd have. Eg it would be great to be able to add sickness, holiday or other leave directly from the rota section, as opposed to having to do it individually on the leave section.

Reasons for Choosing RotaCloud

Ease of use, modern and clear interface, quick helpful service and helpful support.

Dominic from Caffe Banba

Invaluable tool for flexible rotas

RotaCloud have been great to deal with. They have great documentation, and on the rare occasion we have needed support, it has been brilliant; fast and effective.

Pros

With a mix of full time, part time and seasonal staff working across 3 locations, preparing rotas was a nightmare. Rota Cloud makes this so much easier, faster and more accurate. It is incredibly flexible and easy to use and we can prepare in minutes, making sure the rotas are fair to staff, take account of holidays and other working restrictions, and monitor our labour costs as we do so.

Cons

There are some additionas we know are on the product road map we would like to see sooner, especially a daily hours total on the weekly rotas which would help us check we have the coverage we need, and a lock on current and old rotas to prevent accidental changes. However, there is virtually nothing we don't like about it.

Maggie from Great Dixter House and Gardens

Saves a lot of hassle

We are a small seasonal cafe with eight staff. Due to our rural location it can be a bit hit and miss with clocking in/out using a mobile phone, the onsite WiFi and 4G signal are a bit dodgy. I would recommend users to get a dedicated tablet terminal if convenient, it will certainly help us next year and overcome the need for going through timesheets manually. The staff like using it, and they can swap shifts and grab open shifts without too much burden on me. Previously I had felt like I was their social secretary! The customer support has been very good and the free trial period was enough to make a positive decision. I am very impressed with the product.

Pros

It's so much more than just clocking on/clocking off; I don't have the need to use the payroll part, but it is interesting to see how the wage bill pans out. The ability to print out reports and rotas is great. There are all sorts of manipulations that are simple to carry out to adjust a rota. The automatically emailed reminders and messages are a great facility. It's neat and tidy, and fairly easy to use.

Cons

I thought that it would be more helpful if the colour palette was more distinctive or wider, some of the assigned colours look very similar - which can be both good and bad depending on how you assign colours to groups, tasks or people. I don't like how if you switch from rota view to dashboard view it automatically puts you back to the current day (if on day view rather than month).

Reasons for Choosing RotaCloud

A brief overview of products and then by personal recommendation from existing users in the restaurant/cafe trade.

Simon from Skybreak

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

The best decision we ever made with the roster!

Time and money saved

Pros

I looked at many different types of rostering software and Rotacloud looked like it fitted the bill. I have been so impressed with the functionality. It is easy to use and has some great features. The support is excellent and they reply almost instantly. They are very responsive if you request new features and are always looking to develop the product. I cannot recommend them enough and personally it has saved us hours of management time, in effect leading to a cost saving for the business. We also rolled out Rotacloud to other divisions within our group as it was so successful in our business.

Cons

I would struggle to give any negative feedback on this product. I cannot think of any problems I have had that they haven't rectified immediately.

Dominic from Caffe Banba

`Unbelievable Flexibility

Without any doubt Rotacloud has had the biggest positive impact of all the software we use in our small fixed/mobile coffee shop and bakery business. With 18 staff and growing, one of our most miserable and time consuming jobs, has now become quick and painless. It has given us full visibility of our wage costs, and we know exactly what the impact of changes to the rota will cost. For us, every aspect of compiling rotas (And Payroll info), from adding staff to publishing rotas, is so much easier with Rotacloud. It is visual, flexible & powerful, and has improved Staff morale. The Rotacloud support has been superb, and any additional features we have requested have either been there already, or in the pipeline. There are very few tools I have used that have had such a genuinely positive impact on our business. I honestly can't recommend Rotacloud enough!

Pros

Easy to implement and Use. Flexible. Much quicker than other methods of preparing complex rotas

Cons

Cloud only - no offline mode.

Wendy from Green Dragon

Industry: Restaurants

Does what it says on the tin!

Generally - take time to set it up - you will reap the rewards, the first couple of payroll took time as we had to double check everything - now we're flying! Saves a lot of time, is accurate, and very very easy to use.

Pros

I like the control our staff have over their shifts, and hours. I also like that we retain control and have very easy to use functions. Visuals to see daily, weekly etc exactly what your spend is per person, per day etc Excellent reporting, no longer doing things retrospectively when you have a higher wage bill than you can expected!! We are a very busy pub/restaurant staff can swop shifts, even between roles if we allocate this. Very easy to use - worth taking time to set up.

Cons

Sometimes it's not 100% clear how to set things up, most of the time it's really easy, but sometimes it's a little thing you have missed, however use the online chat - never failed to help! Really pleasant and helpful, even when some of our staff struggle with new technology - they have all managed easily.

Reasons for Choosing RotaCloud

Functionality over cost, although I like the flexibility of the costing so we are only charged for the employees on payroll at the time. As a business that runs between 30-50 employees this makes a difference.

Reasons for Switching to RotaCloud

To reduce error, to reduce time taken and to have more control.

Lynn from Live n Care ltd

GREAT JOB IN MAKING LIFE EASY

GREAT

Pros

I love the ability to copy and paste weekly rota's I love the fact that I can see where my staff are when they clock in using the GPS, most of my staff work remotely in other people's home caring for them this safeguards them that staff are there providing the correct levels of care which the client are paying for, all in all its such a great system

Cons

There is no negatives this has made my life so much more easy, it allows me to manage staff , sending them tasks on their allocated shift, it allows much better communication, it safeguards my clients.... Its just BRILLIANT !!!

As above

Iain from The Fruitmarket Gallery

Has made life much easier

It's made making rotas much faster, and means that all staff are able to look at their shifts easily, on the go using the app if they have smart phones. They're always quick to repsond on their chat function, and not just to managers, to all staff, which has cut a lot of the work out for me as a line manager. Thanks!

Pros

Very easy to click and drag shifts around, to copy weeks, to keep an eye on staff costs wages, and cuts out the middleman in terms of staff being able to organise their own shift cover, with it being signed off by a manager.

Cons

Currently there's not an option to store template weeks, but I know from their recent FAQ page that it's something RotaCloud are considering. Sometimes the app seems to show an out of date staff list which has made it tricky for people to swap shifts directly form the app. Overall, nothing big.

Rachel from Ultrasound-direct & Babybond

Excellent!

Pros

I love the fact that it is easy to access and everyone can see shifts that need covering, who’s where and also that you can leave notes for the staff on duty at the next shift. Trying to work out best place to record things when there’s a lot of part time shift workers is always a problem and RotaCloud has fixed this! Couldn’t do without it now.

Cons

The only downside is having to scroll through weekly to get to the rota a few weeks/months in advance. This is time consuming and hopefully they will develop a drop down calendar soon..? Thank you in advance!

Response from Kettle & Keyboard

Replied December 2018

Hi Rachel, thanks for a wonderful review! You'll be pleased to hear that there already is a drop-down calendar that you can use to jump to dates in the past or future. Just click the dates between the arrows to get it to appear :). James

Lee from Weymouth and Portland Adventure

The staff are always on hand to help with any issues.

Improves communication across the work place.

Pros

That the staff have apps that can let them know what days and hours they are down to work and any changes are sent to them instantly and has improved the communication within the work place.

Cons

Not having an undo or back button. At times I get interrupted during writing the staff rota and have dropped shifts on the wrong staff or deleted a shift by mistake. this is not a huge issue as I send the guys a message and they will undo this for me within 10 min.

Response from Kettle & Keyboard

Replied November 2017

Hi Lee, Thank you for your great review, we always value customer feedback and your opinion is important to us. In regards to your request for an undo or back button, we are constantly looking to make improvements to RotaCloud and have an extensive roadmap for development in 2018, so watch this space! Thanks Martin

Charlotte from The Old Stocks Inn

Excellent for our business

Pros

Works perfectly for all areas of our business. Team love the online cloud based rota and app. Love that all Rota’s for all departments are visable easily and hours calculated. It works well with PeopleHR and pulls through holiday and other areas for absence to manage our business and salary’s well.

Cons

None really that I can think of. Software is very easy to use and functionality works at very basic level or if you are wanting to use RotaCloud to maximise all its capabilities (which we certainly don’t) would be very easy too.

Kelly from with YOU support

One of the best systems I have used

Excellent, it is much easier uploading rotas than previously having to use and communicate printed out shifts. All staff can access and definitely value for money. I would highly recommend. This tool is a must have time saving system.

Pros

Ability to monitor staff shifts Ability to upload shifts Independent and easy to use application user friendly Easy to set up new users Can monitor annual leave and sickness Permissions to access other service rotas when on call

Cons

Honestly I have found no real issues or concerns with rota cloud.

Reasons for Choosing RotaCloud

Provided by my senior management team.

Jess from GDoc

Always Highly Recommend

We are able to contact all of our employees with a click of a button, and save time advertising sessions.

Pros

It is so easy to use, we only have to provide minimal training to our Nurses and Doctors that use it which saves so much time. It is easy to get around and quick to advertise sessions.

Cons

The reporting side of it is hard for us a company as we have to provide quite detailed reports with lots of reports joining together. This has however improved drastically from the start so am hoping it will continue to do so in the future.

Debora from Gatineau Patisserie & Bakery

Great rota system - no more spreadsheets!

They are very quick to reply when you have a question and very helpful and friendly - nowadays that is so rare to find with customer service.

Pros

I like how it looks and how easy it is to use overall. I also like that it automatically calculates the weekly hours although I would love to have a feature that shows me the daily hour total when I am entering the staff shifts as they change everyday. I also love the reports and the availability/unavailability feature.

Cons

As mentioned above, the fact that it does not give me the day total hours, only the weekly ones.

Response from Kettle & Keyboard

Replied July 2019

Hi Debora, Thanks a lot for your feedback. You'll be pleased to hear that daily hours/cost totals will be landing in your account very soon! James

Carl from Extreme Largeness

Excellent Cloud Software!

Brilliant for staff to be able to request holidays.

Pros

Easy to use for management and staff and easy to set up. Great support. I love it. It has made managing holidays much easier and has good reporting functions which I use for giving hours to Payroll.

Cons

It could do with a calendar for putting upcoming events on. There are a couple of glitches like when somebody leaves then comes back you can easily reinstate them as the systems says that the email address is already in use. However tech support sorts it very quickly so not a major issue.

Reasons for Choosing RotaCloud

After research RotaCloud definitely looked the best and most easy to use.

James from Cycles UK

RotaCloud really helped us keep track of our multiple stores rotas and holiday allowances

Pros

Really easy to use, loads of features (we don't use all of them but good to know they are there), great visibility of the whole company's rotas and holiday position. Brilliant and quick to obtain reports. The team at RotaCloud are really responsive so whenever I have had question or issues that have helped us out really quickly. We have made suggestions for improvement, they really take that on board and try to implement these if they can.

Cons

Not much - maybe some more control over shift lengths and break lengths that are allowed. Perhaps more support for holiday allowance on part time staff with varying hours.

Syed from Vital Healthcare Services

Great desktop functionality - easy to use - attractive UI

really good easy to use, wouldnt use anything else tbh

Pros

Really good drag and drop, reports, onboarding, pretty much everything

Cons

It could do with a few more features - such as staff able to write reports in the app or desktop. a chat feature. etc terminal and clocking in and clocking out was a headache setting up before - hopefully it has improved now.

Reasons for Choosing RotaCloud

looked attractive, had a good logical layout - easy to figure out

Lynne from Ackerman Music

Easy to use, all the staff can log in to see the rota.

Pros

It is easy to use, to allocate rotas to 3 different places and 20 staff. Each staff members details, how much leave they have, which branch they work in, what time slots they have to work, how much holiday they have left. It clearly shows who is working or is on a day off or on holiday. My staff like it.

Cons

The staff can ask to change shifts, i would like to be able to message the staff and ask them if they can change shifts.

Darko from University of Bath

Excellent Rota Management Tool

RotaCloud has brought great value to our business and has allowed our 13 outlets to better communicate and organize our Rotas,making cooperation and helping each other with staffing a breeze. It has also improved attendance and lateness as staff are aware of their records and strive for perfect records, being upset if they clock in a few minutes late. It has created somewhat of a competition among staff as to who will consistently clock in and out correctly and on time.

Pros

Easy Rota creation and management Excellent functions for staff management and attendance monitoring Good value as we can manage all 13 of out outlets under one account and subscription. Active development and communication with customers

Cons

Still lacks a few features like TOIL tracking and labour vs projected sales reports. Doesn't yet integrate with iTrent natively.

beverley from Beverley Commercial Cleaning Ltd

Fantastic platform

Its been just great, the rota cloud staff are always on hand to help if I need to know anything.

Pros

I love this programme because I can plan ahead our rotas for our cleaners and they get it on their phones. They know when they are in and the gps feature really helps.

Cons

nothing really - sometimes the cleaners cant clock in but I feel this is more of an issue with the signal on their phones.

Reasons for Choosing RotaCloud

ease of use and paperless.

Anita from Synchro

Rotacloud review

Manpower planning is just easier and with the new features of adding employee files in to one place is just great

Pros

The features are so easy to use, I tell everyone who needs to use it that they literally cannot break it. It is easy to navigate and the features added are getting better and better

Cons

I always have features that I would like added and they guys are always very gracious and take my requests onboard

Kalpna from Inflatanation Glasgow

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Amazing software

Pros

This software is everything and more. Easy to use, understand, navigate and most of all so practical. Value for money - one stop everything!

Reasons for Switching to RotaCloud

Didn't like the system, was hard to understand and work with.

Response from Kettle & Keyboard

Replied May 2020

Hi Kalpna, thanks for the feedback! It's great to hear about your positive experience using RotaCloud. You'll be pleased to know invoices can be emailed to you each month directly - I've contacted you directly about setting this up. Many thanks, Maisie

Rochelle from Mantella Hospitality Group Ltd

You Couldn't Possibly Want for More

Staff are informed instantaneously which I love. Leave applications, extra shifts, all the information including shift costs. Has saved me a lot of time and effort.

Pros

Believe me, if I love this product, then it's got to be good. Besides being fastidious about what I want out of a rota system, I'm one of those old school, long-in-the-tooth people who still believes manual systems are best! Yes, I know!!! However, the RotaCloud designers have covered all the bases. I can't imagine what else you would want. Easy to use, quick, everything you need at the click of a button, and more.

Cons

I've not found anything. Maybe there could be less line-spacing when I print out a hard copy for the noticeboard, but now I'm being really picky.

Melanie from The Lemon Tree Cafe & Bistro

Industry: Restaurants

Rota cloud is a great programme.

It is much quicker and easier to get my rota organised. It's better that staff can check their shifts daily and any changes notify them on their phones. I like the financial summary it produces as well.

Pros

I like how easy it is to make a rota and see the financial side of things quickly and easily. I like the quick and very responsive feedback when I have been unsure of anything on the soft ware.

Cons

I don't like that the weekly hours doesn't include any annual leave staff have taken, as I then have to add that manually on another spread sheet, where all other rota issues are managed by the Rota Cloud soft ware.

Emma from GroundScope

Rotas have never been so easy

We moved from rotas on a spreadsheet and holiday on a group calander. Now everything is in one place with a simple dashboard to view the days rota.

Pros

Easy to use, does the hard work for you, reporting gives an easy view of who is on shift, shift swaps and sickness. Copying weekly shifts is a simple copy and paste

Cons

Any suggestions I have had to improve the software for our use has been done

Marc from Milton Keynes Hospital

Essential for easy rotas

Absolutely fantastic. Sales and aftercare are second to none

Pros

Sometimes creating rotas can be a hassle, but the algorithms of this software makes life easy and generates rotas with ease

Fiona from The Pets at Home Vet Group

Industry: Veterinary

Rota Cloud admin user review

Positive, has helped these businesses manage rota's and staff working across multiple locations with variable hours, cloud-based platform is better as staff can access the rota at any time, from any internet enabled device

Pros

Easy to manage variable hours employee rota patterns Simple absence recording tool for holidays, sick, etc Holds personal data securely and safely on a cloud based platform, so mobile employees can access on any internet device, e.g. phone, I-pad, laptop, etc

Cons

Sometimes a bit sticky when entering rota's drop's down to wrong employee after click Not easily customised but this is common with any SAAS cloud based platform Not going to replace a fully integrated HR system to hold other records, e.g. appraisals etc

Gemma from Dunsfold Village Shop

Rota cloud has helped me so much keep track of not only the weekly rota, but holidays and swaps

Pros

It gives the staff a chance to be some responsibility. They can switch shifts with each other (with manager approval). It enables a central place to request holidays, no more confusion on if someone has asked, before they could ring, email or tell me in person. This way it is very clear, they can also keep track of how much holiday they are due. The rotas themselves are really easy to set up, you can copy parts of them, or switch them around. There is also an open shifts section, so you can effectivly send out a request for cover to all staff at once.

Cons

Pricey if you have lots of employees. We are looking to add in our volunteer staff but I am having to try to justify the price with our committee.

Kerry from Phoenix Support

Industry: Mental Health Care

Rota Cloud is great for our business

Quick rota planning, holiday approval, report creation and many more Having everything in one place on one system Easy to see staff details

Pros

Ability to suggest changes to the system Staff do not need to fill in a timesheet - all done on the system Changes can be easily made and staff notified quickly The system allows annual leave, rota planning, timesheet approval and to run specific reports, for roles, costs, sickness, etc

Cons

If you have a large staff team adding all shifts on can be difficult as you cannot see all staff in the view and have to scroll up and down When checking staff timesheets the scroll goes back to the top each time - I have been informed however that rota cloud are improving this at present