• Pros

• "Great functionality, decent customer support and training were available to us. We found when we ran into issues, we had difficulty getting someone to help us"

• "I like best the visibility of the sales representatives performance on my team"

• "Not a real fan of the product we are actually switching to."

• Cons

• "Some data entry can be mundane Some of the set-up is quirky but that could also be at our request from initial set up years ago"

• "Price. That is all I can say about any salesforce product is the price tends to be incredibly high, making it difficult for large teams."

• "Would like more mobile options, and more customizability. Would be great to be able to customize flows for my specific needs. As well as full functionality from mobile apps."

Browse Salesforce Work.com Reviews

william from Vizergy Digital Marketing

Terrific account management, order processing, sales management, reporting and then some platform!

In general, it is an amazing tool that helps productivity and sales management performance, I highly recommend it!

Pros

Ease of use Complete tool used by the entire team; sales, account management, finance, operations, product delivery Customization Workflow processes for account management and project management Integration with marketing platforms such as Watson/IBM Silverpop for email marketing Add-on modules such as Wave, a truly amazing reporting module Ability to create custom proposals, contracts, work orders in one click Integration with Outlook

Thomas from LumiNET Technology Solutions

SalesForce for the small user

We were attempting to organize our internal processes in Salesforce, granted our process were not well developed, our hope was we could fine tune processes and implement them in Salesforce. We share the blame for the difficulty because we really needed better developed processes, but we were pretty early in the development of our business. Probably should have waited a couple years before turning to SalesForce.

Pros

Cons

Too cumbersome for a small organization. We were always working on the implementation versus running the daily business.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Work.com

Reputation and recommendation from friends and associates in more sophisticated businesses.

Jo from Shared Hope International

Industry: Philanthropy

SF has a lot of features but isn't intuitive at all to use; you have to learn a difficult language to use it.

We recently purchased Fonteva to record our registrations for a national conference. It was a nightmare, and wouldn't do even the most basic functions without adding on expensive services. We had to sort our reports by hand to get even the simplest name badge information: first, last, state, organization. It was very disappointing that it couldn't communicate better with SF as it had been sold to us.

Pros

Has many features and options that can do many things to track donors, sales, record contacts, follow up and make notes on activity history. It keeps record of event specifics by campaign and allows us to communicate with our trained volunteers across the nation, making it an effective tool for inspiring and encouraging them.

Cons

When trying to track specific information, and create a viable report, you have to know it's language and fill in every field perfectly, or you'll never get what you want. I always have to ask for our certified tech for help, and she often has to ask for help from SF, which costs us money. It's not easy to use at all.

Tamara from Costello & Reyes

style over substance

it may have improved since I used it

Pros

it has a good graphic user interface (GUI) very windowsesuqe and therefore quite usable. It is a nice clear visual.

Cons

not very easy to navigate, things were not where i expected to find them, and needed several clicks to get to what you wanted

Chelsea from 1987

Industry: Philanthropy

My Experience In SalesForce.

Aside from the glitches (which to be honest, any platform is going to have at least some), I generally enjoy the software. It does not have great aesthetic appeal, but it does the job we need it to, and that's what matters.

Pros

Powerful software to keep a massive company working together. I work for a Billion dollar company, so it's a tough job to keep it's staff in rhythm. SF enables us to keep that up as much as possible. We can communicate in a variety of ways, and it integrates pretty seamlessly with our company email provider.

Cons

Can be hard to find clients' files - there are glitches that mean searching multiple ways to track these files down. It's frustrating, because we do NOT want to miss anything or create a duplicate client file. For example, if I am looking for a specific company in Louisiana, typing the company name is rarely sufficient. I will likely need to look by 1) phone number, 2) address, 3) variations on address (e.g. the street number and name of town), 4) zip code only, 5) partial company name, 6) company entity, 7) members and/or officers of that company. Sometimes we will quite literally do each of those steps, and we STILL cannot find that file in SF, even though it is most definitely there and one of us created it. This is an issue I run into multiple times a day, and one I've adjusted to, but I know our entire team would be greatful if the seach function of Salesforce was a bit more robust/comprehensive.

Kelly from Extension, Inc

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

As a manager - this is amazing.

Pros

I love salesforce work.com - it's an amazing tool to engage employees and to make reward them for a job well done. The feature of offering immediate feedback is fantastic.

Avienne from iSpot.tv, Inc

Great Product - Be Ready to Customize

Pros

- User Friendly - Extremely Customizable (see cons) - Integrates across the business - Give ability to track and measure business

Cons

- Not as plug-and-play as one would hope - Training and adoption across the team can be a challenge - not cheap

Joan

October 2013

Great tool to communicate corporate goals

We implemented Work.com globally, starting with alignment, feedback and thanks and later rolled-out performance summaries. We were looking for a single approach to performance management that would be accepted throughout the organization and after considering other options decided on Work.com. It included all the components that we felt were critical and was easy to use and implement.

Pros

Great tool to communicate corporate goals and link depratment and individual goals to the overarching company objectives. Simplifies the annual review process and incorporates 360 degree feedback. Very responsive account management and support teams.

Cons

1) Driving adoption requires constant diligence. 2) Users are sometimes confused about when to use Chatter versus Work.com. 3) The reporting capabilities are quite limited.

Sam from Zycus Infotech Pvt Ltd

works perfectly and efficiently using Work.com

Work.com is new in the market but very efficient. Its help to make organization performance to run smooth, tracking all the performance matrices etc.

Pros

1. Its helps driving performance of the company 2. Motivate the team , individual of the company

Cons

Price is high

Joshua from Magnetic Marketing Innovations

Salesforce

Pros

Easy to use and manage accounts. Work flow is simple, and makes looking at pipeline easy to follow.

Colleen from Guaranteed Rate

Love Everything SalesForce!

Pros

I love everything that is SalesForce! i appreciate the time the sales people take to walk you through how it works. It's simply and easy to use.

Cons

I know I may sound slightly contradicting, but there is a LOT with SalesForce and it can be somewhat overwhelming. But that's not a reason to not like it!

Annie

Work.com: Cultural Amplifier

We all know culture isn't something you can bottle and sell. It forms organically from the people who are grouped together by a shared mission. In organizations, leaders look for ways to amplify culture to their employees to promote alignment and fit. Work.com has been a great amplifier of our culture as we can recognize people for not only stellar work product, but for also going the extra mile to help out a colleague which is a major component in our culture we strive to amplify.

Pros

The ability for employees to publicly thank individuals and teams and for the recognition to double as real-time & specific feedback is a major pro of Work.com. Coaching Notes and Goals help foster healthy alignment between managers and reports.

Cons

Really can't think of any specific to the tool itself. I miss when Work.com was Rypple because I liked the smaller company feel and didn't feel like it was being pushed for sales-based organizations only.

Kim

Next Gen of Performance Management

I would rank Work.com very high. The only reason it is not a 5, is that there are some areas that could still use improvement (see cons) and also, it is fairly complex so does require a dedicated person to really work with it and be the company "go to" in my opinion. Otherwise, I do believe it is a very good product and the most comprehensive but "fun" Performance Management product out there.

Pros

Lots of good videos to help users learn and use the product. Great interface as it is very easy to work in and very "social media" like. Friendly and helpful staff, including the support folks!! Has a "top of the line" feel for a Perf. Mgt. tool

Cons

A lot to learn about. Reports not very good. Need to improve how Performance Summaries are administered (have to know HTML code, which I don't).

Ashley from Freeman

Salesforce Work.com

Salesforce Work.com is a great step in the right direction to seeing the full scale of your organization's work ethic. Not quite up to par with other products out there to measure the same thing, but it's getting there.

Krishna from FCA

Good for sales and marketing

Pros

An amazing software to develop the sales and marketing with all the required data in and analyze them to get better results.

Cons

It has multiple user and each update them causing some conflicts and also the data collection becomes little difficult.

Mary from Workopolis

Would not recommend.

We were originally using Work.com before it was acquired by Salesforce. After being acquired, Salesforce had changed the user interface to be more consistent with their other products. Unfortunately, a lot of the functionality that was on the old Work.com was taken away and now less user friendly. While you can run more extensive reports, it is very difficult and not easy to do. Our employees do not like using this system to complete performance reviews. The good thing about this system is Chatter - being able to share information as well as the recognition tools have been highly utilized.

Pros

Chatter - sharing information with colleagues as well as recognition badging system

Cons

Goal Setting and Performance Reviews Expensive

Naomi from Elite Human Capital

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Easy to use, depending on customizations

I had used Salesforce as a PTO tracker my company had set up. Overall the software was very intuitive & easy to figure out. The only issues were the customization that my company had implemented. It was an illogical process, which made the tool a little more difficult to use. I have a feeling that had it just been the out-of-the-box solution, it would've worked just fine.

Pros

Very intuitive & easy to figure out.

Cons

Be wary of custom implementations that aren't well-thought-out.

Steve from IFF

Salesforce Work Review

Salesforce Work Review

Pros

Easy and intuitive user interface and the product performs all functions promised.

Cons

It's on the expensive side. The per user cost is high and we feel it should be more reasonably priced.

Jennifer from K-Laser

Salesforce

Pros

Helps me keep organized and keep on task. I also like it that I can send emails directly and log phone calls.

Cons

Sometimes I get confused about setting up a new lead and I find I spend a lot of time trying to set it up initially.

Krishna from CSDA Design Group

2.5

KM Sales Force Review

KM Sales Force Review

Pros

It is a complete database that collects information very well

Cons

Way too complicated and requires too much support to operate

Christopher from Raley's

April 2015

Salesforce, an innovative product that is not all it could be.

Salesforce, an innovative product that is not all it could be.

Pros

Ability to bend to will of user. Salesforce allows for some degree of flexibility.

Cons

Interface can be confusing for new or untrained users.

Jeffrey from StudentUniverse

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Organizing Sales Leads

Organizing Sales Leads

Pros

Easy to adapt to changing requirements in the field and in the office. Keeps leads alive by automatically following up.

Cons

Hard to keep up with all the updates as they apply to situations

Melissa from CrunchTime Information Systems

Salesforce.com review

Salesforce.com review

Pros

easy to use, clean looking, and tracks all of my cases and accounts

Cons

The mobile application is not easy to use. I would use that more often if it were easier to use

Lily from Ocean Grand

Userfriendly

Userfriendly

Pros

It makes it easy to track and measure my work and helps my company in the same direction with important company goals.

Cons

Price of the product can be a little bit more reasonable.

Mel from Independent

It is a business necessity. That's it

It is a business necessity. That's it

Pros

It is cloud based, no need to invest in internal resources

Cons

It can be quite expensive if there are too many users

Chris from LexisNexis

salesforce review

salesforce review

Pros

It is popular, so can be easily incorporated into other sales & marketing programs

Cons

I would prefer to see more flexibility in pricing options

Alexander from NAU

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Performance Motivation

Performance Motivation

Pros

Employee management and coaching is easily manageable

Cons

Nothing, I like everything about this produce and vendor.

Daniel from Saratech

Review of Salesforce

Review of Salesforce

Pros

Easy to use, sync with outlook, many features like Reports and MapAnything

Cons

I would say the mobile App though I haven't tried a long time

Antonina from self employed

Salesforce is a great platform

Salesforce Work.com is a great step in the right direction to seeing the full scale of your organization's work ethic.,easy to use and lots of features and bells and whistles. Great customer service when needed. Thanks!

Elliott from ACC, INC

very thorough

very thorough

Pros

flexible and adaptive, can be tailored to fit most needs.

Cons

the cost is probably the most biggest dislike, double some of its competitors

Jeffrey from Complete Maintenance Services, Inc.

Very good

I suggest you do your research before selecting any software for your small business

Pros

That is a central platform for me to control and see all my activity going on such as social media, etc.

Cons

Explaining the features to new users is frustrating, but as we're developing and growing more technology people are helping. Therefore, it's getting easier.

Teanne from DataCore Software Corporation

Salesforce Work.com

Great tool to get the sales team engaged in the daily activities. Like that you can see teams performances towards goals they set for themselves or team.

Laura from ECHO

Industry: Philanthropy

Hard to learn but free for non-profits

Pros

The cost is excellent for non-profits allowing up to 10 users for free. It has a multitude of features and components if you need them.

Cons

Difficult to learn how to use it and although there are videos and training materials, it is a bit overwhelming.

Katrina from Harvest

Great program!

What a wonderful program, easy to use and lots of features and bells and whistles. Great customer service when needed. Thanks!

Ben from Benetech

Salesforce is a great platform

This has been a great platform for us and we have been able to really succeed. We have really leveraged it for success.

February 2015

Jason from Scality

February 2015

Work makes you work

Pros

It helps you keep things organized in one location to see how sales is performing. I got to give the sales teams feedback much easier.

Cons

I think it's necessary if you give your sales teams good coaching.

Michael from Tw telecom

April 2015

The perfect CRM tool for prospecting to proposal to post sale and more!

The perfect CRM tool for prospecting to proposal to post sale and more!

Pros

Functionality is effortless once contact info is loaded. Collaboration with several additional tools as well.

Cons

Could use more advanced reporting and analytics for team share and metrics.

Tony from D+H

not sure what goes here

not sure what goes here

Pros

Not a real fan of the product we are actually switching to.

Cons

Difficult to use and overpriced. In the end we decided to move to a different product.

Julian from Outback Steakhouse

Industry: Oil & Energy

Salesforce

Pros

The ease of speaking with Customer service and the ease of accessibility.

Cons

The difficulty in customizing and how some of the functionality is not easy to figure out.

Dan from ODP

1.5

2.5

Sales Mgmt

Sales Mgmt

Pros

I like best the visibility of the sales representatives performance on my team

Cons

I do not like how cumbersome and how user unfriendly it is.