• Pros

• "Easy to quickly see schedule, Digital sharing among employees, Adjustments are quick and immediately seen, User friendly, High quality app"

• "lOVE IT! Cant say enough, ease of use, and bang for the buck! It covers all of our needs and saves us... amn probably 80% of what we were paying for a lesser product"

• "Ability to organize events for a medium sized group and share documents between participants."

• Cons

• "No cons. I like the features, the interface, and the pricing model. If there's any con at all, it's that Sling can give information so freely that it at times becomes redundant."

• "Sometimes it can run slow but I think that's more having to do with my internet connection not SLING."

• "It is a bit cumbersome to copy and paste multiple weeks of schedules at a time. "

Browse Sling Reviews

Anthony from MaximuM Comics

The best scheduling software I've ever used.

This is has been an eye-opening experience. I didn't know such an awesome scheduling solution existed and is perfect for small or large businesses. Everybody with a team should be using Sling.

Pros

It allows for coordination across unlimited business locations and unlimited employees. The ability to offer shifts to employees and allow them to claim or apply for them is incredible. SMS notifications to employees for their shifts, daily email notifications for managers to know who is working where, allowing staff to call out or switch shifts, apply for time off, set availability, and more.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about this software. If I had to find something, it would be that at times, the interface is laid out unusual to our expectations but once you see what it's doing, it makes perfect sense.

john from TST Private Security

Industry: Security and Investigations

Best scheduling app out there

It truly has been a real asset for our business, I really believe we would be lost without this fantastic software.

Pros

Clocking in works great with SLING, scheduling and the employee interaction with the app is fantastic!

Cons

Getting use to messaging for help, were all used to calling someone. I found it works great and the response time is quick and responsive.

Mark from The Kidz Klinik

Outstanding Software

Pros

Sling makes employee scheduling and overtime tracking a breeze. Our team members love the ability to receive instant notifications of their assigned shifts, and our organization benefits from being able to distribute our workforce more strategically to maximize production and reduce loss.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to shortlist relevant shifts and employees when setting schedules for multiple locations, especially in cases of particular employees working in more than one location.

Stephen from Basecamp Books and Bites

Excellent with limitations...

As a scheduling software great. no need for the extra features.

Pros

Easy access to distribute schedules and messages.

Cons

Private messaging. Users can private message each other within Sling. If these messages take a negative turn. Sexual Harassment or something else. There is no way no monitor these messages. Unless a screen shot was taken there is no proof, because if the either of the user deletes the message it is gone.

Reasons for Choosing Sling

Free

Rachel from Rachel Lees

Industry: Veterinary

Good Experience with Sling

Overall, Sling has been a great app. We have used other apps and this one has been the easiest to use and the most helpful.

Pros

I like that this software is fairly user friendly. If your shift is pre-programmed, you can go right on the app and clock in (which is helpful). I like that times can be edited as needed if I forgot to clock in, etc. I also love the ease of being able to check other employee's schedules as well as my own (as I am a lead technician).

Cons

This software gives me limited issues. Although, I sometimes forget how to find the time sheet space, etc. One thing I would love to see is what time I clocked out so I know exactly when I need to be clocked in. Or if it could be programmed to remind you to clock in (almost like an alarm).

Rebekah from Regent University

Sling - scheduling made easy!

Overall, I have really enjoyed Sling. It has helped me keep track of my own personal schedule

Pros

Sling makes creating your schedule so easy. Personally, I travel a lot for my job, so being able to track each hour of my day through sling has made things much easier. I also like how easy it is to just request time off for vacation and medical!

Cons

Can’t really see other team members shifts, so it makes it hard to keep track of what other team members schedules look like through out the day. It would be great to have more of a view.

Maddie from Landmark properties

Sling - Multiple Employee Scheduling

Pros

I like sling because of all the different customization options they give you. You can group people by position and schedule them easily. This is he best scheduling app I have used so far. You can see how many hours you've schedule for each position per day and per week and that is very helpful.

Cons

One thing I do not like about sling is that adding in the shifts each month/week can get pretty tedious. Also, it is very easy to delete all shifts for one person when you only meant to delete one.

Teresa from Seward Properties

Sling was perfect for our needs

Pros

I love being able to completely customize shifts and even have them color coded. Everything was exceptionally easy and didn't require a training day to show employees how to use it. The ability to pull reports for payroll and other financial figures was a huge time-saver for us. Customer service is readily available and even friendly in emails.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints and just hope it stays the same a nice long time.

Reasons for Choosing Sling

I considered a few scheduling apps, but the complete customization of shifts and having the time clock option is ultimately what made my decision.

Kelly from collegegymvidsfan

Sling tv is a money saver.

Pros

Sling tv software works on a roku and amazon fire stick.Pac 12 networks are included in sports package.Record 50 hours with sling tv cloud dvr plus.Freeform and tnt channels included.No contract for sling and you can cancel at anytime.

Cons

No big 10 network is included in sling tv package.No justice network new detectives included in sling tv package.DVR is not unlimited is also a con.

Amber from The Pullo Center

Scheduling App

This seemed to make it easier on our supervisor to keep track of all of the different shifts that people were asking off for, or switching around. It also is nice to see when there are shifts that are available to pick up.

Pros

When they first implemented this at my part time job, I was a little weary, it seemed to be a bit convoluted and overwhelming, but then I realised how nice it is to have something within the software showing that I DID put my unavailability in there, and not rely on trying to find an email or a text. Once I put it in Sling, it confirms it and I can go back in and check that my availability or lack there of, is in the system. Once I sat down and played with the system, it was very easy to follow and to use.

Cons

I don't like that everyone else on our staff can see my unavailability, but that may be something they can change in the back end that I dont have access to. I also get a little overwhelmed when the schedule has a lot of people scheduled in one day, it's a little crazy looking on the screen

Jamie from Creative Arts Center - West Virginia University

Great scheduling system for decentralized team

Our schedule and our employees' availabilities are fluid. Sling! is able to keep up without even breaking a sweat. My employees love the mobile app, which can push reminders about scheduled shifts. I love that my employees show up on time, because Sling! can push reminders about scheduled shifts. I managed to get by before I discovered Sling!, but I honestly can't remember how. I'm able to spend so much more time doing the work now that I don't have to chase my employees down to get them scheduled to work.

Pros

The mobile app is what makes this package great. My employees love the push notifications when new shifts are posted. We have a variable schedule and a student workforce. Our MO is to post available shifts when we need people to work. Sling! lets our students apply for as many or as few shifts as they like. We can then approve individuals to put our team for the day together based on the skills of those who have applied and the needs of the tasks at hand.

Cons

There is no view available that visually groups like time blocks into shifts. Our shifts don't follow a set schedule, but we often need more than one person to work the same time block on a given day. There are now several features to help you save time when scheduling things like this. For example, you can copy shifts to avoid having to enter all of the same details multiple times, and you can select several different positions when creating a shift, but once created, each person shows up as their own event on the schedule. If I've got a half dozen different people working for each of four different time blocks on a single day, the calendar starts to get a little overwhelming with 24 separate events represented. If there was a way to group like time blocks into shifts with multiple employees assigned, this example would be down to 4 separate events, which is much easier to quickly get your head around.

Marlesha from MiraCosta College

GREAT for managing many employees with unusual/atypical Shifts. Very scaleable, efficiency improves.

Pros

So many 'Pros'!! -- - supports multiple work sites/locations. - supports different employee roles/titles. - supports large (unlimited?) number of employees. - can 'deactivate' employees & then reinstate them at a later date (no need to delete the employee's entire profile). - There are even more 'Pros' that we haven't fully explored yet, such as employees communicating with each other through the app to arrange shift swaps, etc. So much potential!! I work at a college Math Learning Center where we provide additional assistance to students seeking extra math support. Having a scheduling app/software that can manage many employees with atypical/changing/unusual shifts is crucial!! We employ both full-time permanent staff and temporary students tutors and with our temporary staff we have a lot of turnover as students come-and-go. Thus we have changes to the schedule constantly. So for us, a dynamic system is a must. The Sling support staff is also very responsive and open to suggestions and ideas. Some of my suggestions have been incorporated, such as being able to included a 'break' duration for a shift which then is subtracted from the shift hour total. These changes have made Sling even more useful! I am so thrilled to have found this FREE scheduling web application. We don't have the budget to pay for a scheduling software/app, yet we needed a tool that could handle our very specific and complicated needs. We found it in Sling!!

Cons

- Would like to be able to add more details about each employee, such as customized checkboxes for employee 'expertise'. (There is a 'notes' section for each employee profile, which is nice.) - Be able to make tags/notes for certain dates, such as 'holiday' or 'extended day' to remind the scheduler of different scheduling needs. - Have a shift-responsibilities designation option, such as 'Opener' or 'Closer' - Would like to be able to 'collapse' some of the hours from view and/or designate a viewing window that shows only when our center is open (must be unique by location). Though being able to schedule shifts beyond 'operating hours' is needed (set-up, take-down time) but many hours before and after our operating hours don't need to be displayed. - Would like there to be a way to designate general staff 'types' (i.e. permanent vs temporary) not just different employee position. A Permanent staff member had additional responsibilities and must be staffed at all times, so being able to look at the shifts of just Permanent staff would be beneficial. - More customizable options for the print-view. All these cons, if addressed, would just be icing on the cake. The app, as it is now, is completely functional and covers all the necessities and more!

Sling a must to check it out.

My personal feelings after having to pay such high prices for cable channels on the market we just had to drop them. Someone told us about sling and to try it. We love it. We will stick with sling for a long time. And to enjoy all the channels for cheap prices and affordable. Check it out and try it. Highly recommended Sling.

Pros

Sling is a great program. We have been with sling for 3 years now. We love sling. It better than spectrum for cable. Sling is way cheaper than any cable on market unless you go annetena. In order to use sling we had to buy roku to get sling for our tv. Sling programs offers very good rates for cable channels and more. Sling also offers dvr for any channel they have. My favorite channel is hallmark. Sling offers 3 hallmark channels that i never knew was on market. So being on a budget this was good buy and reasonable. Just to enjoy sling. I highly recommend it to anyone that is on a budget.

Cons

I don't have any complaints or downfall with sling. I am very happy and pleased with sling. I don't know what i do without sling program. It great program and you can't go wrong with sling.

Great Scheduling app with tons of potential

Pros

Very easy to use, lots of view options and adjustments, fairly clean interface, amazing features for free. Amazing that you can drag and drop, use keyboard shortcuts to copy shifts. UI is fairly full featured! Mobile apps are great, notifications are amazing.

Cons

We have multiple managers using Sling, and one annoyance is that we can't see each other's unpublished shifts. We end up using each other's accounts to see and adjust shifts. The messaging app seems like it would work really well, but we already use another way to communicate (Slack, FB messenger, WhatsApp are all viable and free). Same goes with Tasks and Newsfeed. I would've preferred the Clock in/out as an included feature over Tasks, Messages, and Newsfeed. Beggers can't be choosers though! I tried to contact Sling for interfaces, but got no response. Would like to know some of the interfaces they've already developed to be in the Premium prices.

Excellent time management tool

Using Sling, we're able to correspond with our staff more effectively and schedule more efficiently. It keeps payroll costs in budget and keeps employees happy...No complaints!

Pros

In my office, we have a different platform already in place for time tracking, but Sling was recommended to us as a scheduling service. It works great! At no cost, we can allow our employees to request hours, we can assign shifts, and we can communicate schedules to our staff. It's helped us to keep our payroll costs in check at no additional cost. If we had the opportunity to switch to Sling for actual time tracking as well, we'd probably consider it.

Nicole from GoGoGrandparent

Helpful and Cost Effective

Pros

My company uses the free version of Sling, and for something that is cost free it's really wonderful. It's easy to navigate, and the messaging system has come in handy for us when our main method of communication (Slack) is down. We've tried several other paid and unpaid employee scheduling programs, and Sling has been the best one by far.

Cons

The only issue we have is that despite how many times we click "publish all future shifts", we still have to publish each new weeks shifts so that everyone can see. This is a very minor inconvenience though, as it's easy to quickly publish shifts.

Georgeanna from The Farm

Terrific Scheduling/Time Clock Tool

Pros

Sling offers the flexibility to schedule and track staffing for irregular events (catering) with ease. I can also track actual hours worked vs my budget and schedule. Tremendously helpful. Their support has been very responsive, too.

Cons

Not much I would change! The only issue my team and I have experienced is that the notifications can be excessive, e.g. if I post a month work of events, staff who are eligible for multiple positions will get dozens of notifications. It'd be nice if there was an option to get a notice of updates, but a digest of the details.

Aurora from Life time Fitness

Sling for Managing Teams

Has helped me manage a team of 70 with constantly changing shifts (days/times)

Pros

Love this products ease of use and ability to manage a large team schedule. Allos you to code people for different positions, set recurring shift times and even has a group chat to easily send out team notifications ect. Send each person's schedule directly to their phone. Great for managing a younger demographic.

Cons

There is no way for the team member to post a shift for coverage, everything has to be done by the manager (this could also be a pro, depending on what your looking for)

Logan from NTFCD

SUPER!

I love it and its been nothing but a benefit to us. Giving us all we need and nothing more and nothing less for a great price

Noora from Green Sage Cafe

Industry: Restaurants

Great Company-Wide Communication Tool

Sling is an awesome free program that makes company-wide communication a breeze. It's similar to an internal Facebook, with a newsfeed, messaging and contact lists. We were having communication issues between our three restaurants and Sling helped solve the issue tremendously. When you post on the newsfeed you can see who viewed the post which is great for accountability. It also has scheduling which they are continously adding updates to but we do not use that aspect as we ran into a few complications when trying to save templates for three different locations. It's great because it's an app so you can use the instant messaging to contact one another without needing to exchange phone numbers.

Matt from Bloomington Carpet One

Overall a great scheduling program

Pros

The ability to completely get away from paper scheduling for my employees is great, and if a change is made they are all alerted through the website and mobile app. No matter where I am, I always no who is scheduled and can use my phone or tablet to manage all of it.

Cons

It is a bit cumbersome to copy and paste multiple weeks of schedules at a time.

Morgan from Real estate

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Better Organize Your Schedule

I used Sling to coordinate and schedule individuals canvassing for a political party. There could not have been a more simple way to run the campaign and I have used it in several campaigns over the past few years.

Pros

Cons

All changes have to be approved by an administrator, it would be convenient if my employees were able to trade shifts themselves without the approval. I wish there was a "low priority" setting that would allow this change. There were some difficulties using the software between different phone providers depending on how good the service was in the area.

Excellent solution for scheduling, time clock, and company-wide communication

Sling has been an excellent addition to our company's set of software. I would recommend Sling to any SMB.

Pros

Ease of use Customer support Strong scheduling platform Strong time clock platform Numerous communication and task solutions

Cons

Can't run payroll directly through it - yet!

Jason from U Pittsburgh

Industry: Research

Decent event scheduler for medium sized groups

Pros

Cons

Email notifications did not work as reliably as wished for - either that or it was too easy to mess up notification settings.

Love this scheduler for our team!!

Pros

I love how easy it is to track unavailability, submit time off requests, see others who are scheduled, and communicate with them all in one platform.

Cons

I wish I could search availability of just ONE other user. Right now I can see mine or I can see full schedule, including everyone's "unavailability." I wish there was a "scheduled" option or just ONE person's option.

Best scheduling software I have used

Used this software at multiple jobs and the ease of use is exemplary as well as the features are very useful as an employee.

Pros

The feature where it lets you offer shifts and have shifts covered all with the click of a button. No more text or phone calls to co workers asking for shift coverage!

Cons

Slight learning curve to learn all of the features. I reccomend a group training.

Dan from Seattle Children's Hospital

Amazingly easy to use shift scheduler and perfectly integrated chat/announcement functions

Scheduling shifts for our NOC is finally easy, and our ability to communicate across multiple shifts has vastly improved.

Pros

I am the supervisor of a NOC with 24x7 shifts 356 days. We recently replaced our old scheduling software with Sling. From the very first mouse click we have been overwhelmed with how happy we are with this software. Shift function: Ease of use - We re-created our schedule in minutes. Its easy to read and track. Message function: Ease of mass communication - With an easy to use app on our phones and a simple messaging area, we have now replaced SLACK

Cons

Tasks Function: Lack of functionality - The task schedule does not support large teams very well. We have decided to not use this function at this time.

kyle from Republic Wireless

Sling Review

Pros

I love how i can see which co-workers are going to be in, and which ones need shifts covered, as well as seeing when Overtime is approved, without having to call and ask someone

Cons

I feel like they could make it more simple, or less cluttered. I also wish that i could set my default view of my schedule to month rather than weekly

Sling review

Overall, I like Sling. It’s a great alternative to cable.

Pros

It offers the most channels at an affordable price compared to its competitors (Philo, PlayStation VUE, etc.).

Cons

It can lag at time but that is to be expected. I don’t have many complaints to be honest.

Thea from ANECI

Workforce management in the cloud

Pros

I enjoyed testing this software - it's good for workforce management and staff load distribution. It has a lot of features that will make a project manager enjoy it a lot. I also like the flexibility it offer for recurring scheduling. I have tried other tools, but their is easier to use in terms of recurring scheduling. The price is also reasonable and it offers free trial, which is really cool. I haven't used the part where you could compute the labor rates, which I'm pretty sure it would be awesome to use too, makes billing a lot easier.

Cons

We tried to use this tool for the project scheduler, however, it was quite challenging, as we were dealing with 200+ people at that time. If you only have 1 person doing the tracking, I wouldn't recommend it. It'll be a lot of work for 1 person. Sling offers too many options that you'd like to use them all to make the most of the really good price that they offer.

JaVon from Raising Canes

Industry: Restaurants

Sling - JA

Pros

Sling allows a business to schedule employees and allows the employees to use a similar software to view their schedules making everyone's lives easier.

Cons

I feel as though Sling is missing a lot of features for companies such as mine.

Great for work

Pros

This software makes work scheduling very easy. Great also for messaging coworkers

Cons

No issues at all. Everything has worked fine as long as I’ve used this.

Garima from Dealersocket

Easy to track scheduling software

Its an effective tool for team scheduling. It is customizable and easy to use.

Pros

Easy to put the schedules for the employees. Ensures that the schedules are conflict free, Also enables clear communication between the team members

Cons

not as such. I use it for scheduling only and this part of the system works as per the requirements.

Ken from Stevens Correctional Center

Sling

Pros

The streaming quality is excellent and the ease in moving through the software is extremely easy.

Cons

The choices in building packages that are cost effective.

MELISSA from US SECURITY ASSOCIATES

Scheduling made easy

still a great program

Pros

This program allows us to schedule our on call people and have the updates sent to them right away. This keeps communication flowing and everybody in the know at all times. Multiple user access also makes it easy for remote access changes to happen.

Cons

There is not a way to send individual schedules to each employee, it only goes out as a whole and the individuals must locate themselves within it.

Jesse from AW Companies

Sling is a great scheduling software that's easy to use

My overall experience with Sling has been great. I started using it at my new job for scheduling and discovered it's capabilities. I'm using both the website and the mobile app on my phone, both of which work very well.

Pros

It's easy to use and has lots of features. It can be used on a website instead of downloading an application.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say about Sling so far. I haven't come across any issues that I would consider marking as a con.

Sling

Great! Awesome for scheduling and knowing what is going on with the company as whole.

Pros

Sling has an awesome dashboard where you get alerts on open shifts, your next shift, and messages from your boss/scheduler. It is simple to navigate, request time off, and offer up shifts if need be.

Cons

There are a lot of alerts/notifications. Some are necessary, so you don't want to turn them off, but others are a little extraneous.

Brittany from Two Dimensions

Sling has been great so far!

Overall sling has been the best team communication that I have experienced.

Pros

I like that everyone on my team is able to communicate at the same time and no one misses anything. It’s way better than normal emails since sometimes a colleague could be left out of the communication.

Cons

I don’t like that you can’t turn on a sleep mode. I get a notification anytime someone replies and it could be all times of the night.

Katarina from Alcatraz Escape Games

Very high functioning PM software

Project management issues are being solved, and communication

Pros

I like that you can create your own schedules within Sling, as well as look at the overall schedule. It helps as a manager because I am able to see when employees request time off, I can see all my tasks, etc.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curb when you first start to learn Sling. However, once you've used it a few times, you'll get used to it.

JC from iLathys

Great tool to organise a team roster

Better view on what the team is working on, especially as we had to coordinate two teams based in two different countries and sharing common resources.

Pros

Great view on the whole team schedule when you need to organise time slots. Great free plan to get started.

Cons

The UX could be better : some of the features are difficult to find and the UI is a bit dull compared to other platforms in the same category.

I never missed my shift

Pros

My boss used Sling to organize our shifts. I always knew when I work and never missed my shift and always knew with which colleague I work that day.

Cons

There's nothing I have noticed as a flaw to this software-it simply helps me organize my time. Maybe an interesting feature would be to ping boss when he forgets to fill shifts for that or next week. This way we can only call him and ask to do so.

Josephine-Marie from Our lady of the Lake university

Not the best of software

Pros

what I do like about this software is if you don't have one of your coworkers number you can go on there and message them. Also it gives you your schedule when you work on a month to month basics.

Cons

What I don't like is that I have the app and I don't get notifications about it also when I want to pick up a shift it doesn't add it to my calendar so if I forget I wouldn't know if I did pick it up until I get a call.

Muhammad from RDX Sports

Industry: Sporting Goods

The best software/tool for shift scheduling. Very easy to use/user friendly.

All HR and shifts work done here for free

Pros

It has every thing you can think of. Easy interface, mobile app, notifications, set employee role and tells you the total hours done by the team and a lot more. The best part is its totally free

Luke from Rockcastle

helps get messages out in a timely manner

Ease of use, Timely, enhances communication of dept.

Pros

Sling helped our department by getting important memos across to all staff members. We use it to communicate to all staff, no matter the shift they work. They download the information/app on their phones and we can communicate and send information at once. This also avoids those stupid group chat annoyances.

Cons

I wish this would let us send files (large files). This way I could post my department meetings to those that missed the meeting and have them look over the slides.

Damien from Republic Wireless

Nice to have

Great

Pros

Easy to use and helpful. Great for scheduling!!!

Cons

Less tabs, so much is going on. HAve to juggle hwre everthing is and would be nice to have it more organized

Tina from DLP Realty

Sling a good thing

Pros

was easy to install and easy to learn didnt take much time to do simple steps

Cons

not really many cons just took a minute or two to get the hang of it

Derek from Andrews International

Great Schedule Management

Pros

The program is incredibly user friendly.

Cons

It isn’t an industrial grade product that can be used as a primary scheduling tool.

April from Wishing wellness

Sling online schedule

Pros

This program is wonderful. It has helped our employees be able to access their schedules from home or in the go. We no longer rely on paper schedules. The best benefit is a decrease in employees coming to work late or missing a shift!

Cons

No complaints, the free program does everything our business needs.

Geraldine from N.S Systems

Great Schedule system for remote workers

Excellent product very complete for a free application

Pros

Its perfect cause of the unlimited number of employees you can manage from there and the mobile app makes it even more perfect for all kinds of workforces because they can have there scheduled at their phones and be able to change shifts and talk with the working group about it

Cons

it will be nicer if we can add some tag or notes to de tasks and shifts specifications

Ronald from Entertainment

Looking to cord cut? Not a bad option.

Pros

Watch TV on multiple devices. Get a free trial to try is out and see if it a good option before you fully commit.

Cons

Not the ala carte tv experience you would expect. Still have to choose between certain packages. Anything else you want you need to pay extra.