What are SmartRecruiters users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using SmartRecruiters software through verified user reviews

• icon"Customer account management and customer support are top-notch. From the Hiring Manager's perspective, it's perfect."
  • icon"The best part about using SmartRecruiters is that it had a smooth layout that was appealing to use. My team always had great customer service, it was very user-friendly."
  • icon"The software is user friendly, is extremely candidate driven, and allows for all necessary features."
  • icon"Sometimes features can get lost because there are so many so it needs some time before running with it."
  • icon"No one at SmartRecruiters bothered informing their customers. No one at SmartRecruiters or Indeed wants to fix this issue."
  • icon"I have yet to get one candidate through their system. Also, the customer representatives that helped us when we were purchasing the software are all of a sudden nowhere to be found once you pay them."

Browse all SmartRecruiters Reviews

• Have you used SmartRecruiters and would like to share your experience with others?

April

Company size: 201 - 500 employees

May 2022

Smart Recruiters

Joanna

A collaborative platform that is advancing our talent acquisition strategy

Pros

simplicity of interface, enabling collaboration of hiring managers, open APIs to integrate with other platforms, likeness to other social tools that enables ease of use and adoption, and ability to customize and create platform adjustments without change ticket costs or depending on the ATS provider to make the changes.

Cons

Our HCM solution has an ATS that we chose not to leverage because features were behind SmartRecruiters - yet, we have to build integrations for solutions that integrate with HCM

I love Smartrecruiters!

I helped implement and get Smartrecruiters going. There is so much to learn and discover, but once you get the hang of it, it's very straightforward.

Pros

Smartrecruiters provides the best experience for a recruiter. It is so easy to use the website and provides you with a quick snapshot of where candidates are at in the interview process. It makes scheduling and creating interviews so easy with their calendar integration. There is also awesome integration with Docusign to make signing and completing offer letters so easy for candidates.

Cons

There needs to be some improvement with the self-scheduling feature within Smartrecruiters, but overall, it has been such a great experience.

Reasons for switching to SmartRecruiters

We essentially had to make the switch because we were acquired by another agency.

Smartrecruiters is a forward-thinking platform that neglects the fundamentals of recruiting needs.

A functional ATS that integrates with our other software and timely customer support.

Pros

I like the ease of sharing candidate and job info with internal employees and the simplicity of storing and updating all data within the system. Smartrecruiters integrates well with our other software and is an effective "one-stop shop" for our recruiting process.

Cons

The "open" nature of the software and the inability to customize manager and interviewers' visibility into the recruiting process. Anyone attached to the hiring team can see confidential candidate data (such as salary requirements and the results of screening investigations), as well as emails between recruiters and candidates which is extremely problematic. It is also not a functional tool for reviewing candidates- you constantly have to restart the process because of how the software redirects when you are dispositioning people and it requires too many clicks and opening of new tabs to be an efficient process. Scheduling is simple but making edits to interviews is very manual and time-consuming-- the software really misses the basic functions that makes an ATS usable and helpful to the recruiting process.

Response from SmartRecruiters

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your candid feedback. Regarding the inability to customize manager and interviewers' visibility into the recruiting process: our Spring 2018 enhancements include many changes regarding this issue. Admins can now create up to 5 custom system roles, and configure each custom role's access and permissions with high granularity in three general areas: access to 'Configuration' and Admin settings, access to 'Analytics' (and reporting), access to 'Jobs & Candidates'. The Analytics and Jobs & Candidates areas are further broken down into product areas: company settings, compliance reports, analytics, report builder, create a job, hiring team, access all jobs, access group. For each area, Admins can assign a specific level of access to each custom role: 'no', 'view only', 'limited' and 'full access'. There is much more information available in the help center and especially the page regarding the Spring 2018 enhancements. I hope this helps!

Replied July 2018

Aniecia

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

SmartRecruiters is Worth It!

Overall, a good investment if you’re looking for an ATS that is easy to use and deploy.

Pros

The software was easy to use. Initially when I was looking for an ATS system I saw a number of options but after careful research SmartRecruiters stood out. It did not disappoint.

Cons

When scheduling the interview it would be nice to be able to integrate a video conferencing software instead of just pasting the meeting invite link.

Samantha

December 2021

Job search using SmartRecruiters

Pros

I like the feature that there is a progress tracking system that you can see what stage of your job application is

Cons

Most of the opportunities are US-based and a lot of them are from LinkedIn

Reasons for switching to SmartRecruiters

Just to see if there is other option

I love SmartRecruiters!

Fantastic! Its been a dream to work with and I'm looking forward to launching in August!

Pros

I love how easy the system is to use for any and all levels of recruiters. The added features and CRM capabilities make it a system that stands out in the industry. It will change the way we recruit in a very positive way!

Cons

Sometimes the integration's and configurations can be difficult to do as SmartRecruiters doesn't allow for all characters to come through which can cause issues when you are integrating systems and trying to have two systems pass data back and forth - there seems to be a lot of errors but it's easy to fix as long as you have someone who can help.

Reasons for switching to SmartRecruiters

Workday recruiting doesn't work for our industry or market.

Matthew

Smart Recruiters is, as a whole, a fantastic company/software. That sums in my thoughts.

The intuitiveness /usability of the system is a huge benefit. We're able to move candidates through the process very easily. A complaint though, the included job aggregators are pretty irrelevant

Pros

The BEST piece about this software is the fact that new features (taken from the community of SR users) are constantly being developed and we get monthly releases. Obviously, the user interface is very intuitive and easy to teach new managers. We just completely overhauled our entire Recruiting process, and the easiest part of that herculean effort was changing the process in SR.

Cons

Notifications are kind of a bugger. There's a feature that allows constant notifications, but the only person that can get those constant notification is the hiring manager. Why not the Recruiter too? Recruiters at my company live in this system day in and day out, hiring managers hop in and out as needed, so we're the ones that need the notification (along with the hiring managers).

Scott

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Perspective from an agency

As a recruiter it's made my life a bit easier with submissions, but other than that it didn't do much for me. However as an external user of it, that's not all that surprising.

Pros

I like that SmartRecruiters gives me one place to login to work on reqs for a particular client. They can add and remove me as they need to, and being able to submit resumes there directly into their process is nice.

Cons

My clients didn't particularly love the software, and the look of it is a bit dated. Other than submitting resumes to make sure they're in the right bucket, I don't get any other use out of it. The resume parsing is OK, not great. It gets mostly the name and everything right, but often times messes up the paragraphs in the experience section.

Pros

As a new manager, I find SmartRecruiters an easy system to use to research and contact applicants. I like that applicants can post multiple resources to their profile and I can easily access them (there's no need for me to save their resume on my computer). It's also fantastic that I can send them messages through the platform and keep a record of their responses that I can access on the site itself.

Cons

As of right now, there's not a hiring need that I have that SmartRecruiters has been able to fill. Perhaps if there were video or chat recording software that could help me code responses... then that could be amazing!

Greg

I have used SmartRecruiters to post jobs offered by my company and by my clients' companies.

SmartRecruiters allows me to post once and push my posting to many job boards.

Pros

What I like most about SmartRecruiters is that I can write one job posting and have it submitted to lots of job boards. Smart Recruiters even gives me access to additional services like Facebook Ads and LinkIn Postings.

Cons

What I like least about SmartRecruiters is that, when a application comes in, they don't tell me which job board it came from. Also, I wish that it was less of a "just post and trust us" and more of a platform where I have granular control of my postings.

Modupe

April 2022

The best recruiting software

I still love the application and will recommend to any organization.

Pros

The features are great and it's user friendly. We can easily upload candidates profile on it and view whenever it's required.

Cons

Scanning of candidates resume is a bit difficult. It can get better.

December 2021

Solid ATS

Pros

Lots of features that you can leverage. It has all the features you can ask for.

Cons

User interface isn't as friendly, and found the set up process to be a bit clunky

Good basic structure, lacking in terms of capability

We ended up moving to another vendor, which I am much more impressed with. Smartrecruiters is good for a basic job posting system, but beyond that, it is clearly lacking.

Pros

I liked that we could use smartrecuiters to post positions across multiple job boards for one set fee. I also appreciated some of the functionalities like email templates, ratings etc.

Cons

Inability to schedule interviews with candidates and internal hiring members, inability to get notifications when a candidate has emailed us, inability to do so many basic functions. The user interface is also far too complex for such a dialed down system.

ATS that allows you to keep on track with your hiring at ease

all recruitment processes kept in one place

Pros

I can manage all of my hiring projects in one place, different levels of collaboration, integration with a huge variaties of job boards, easily customisable. you can create all types of templates for different flows from rejection emails, to offer emails. integrates with other systems like video interviews or assessments which creates a smooth and easy flow. they are now introducing a new feature - an AI assistant and that should be a massive addition to the functionality - the system will now be able match your JD with the most suitable candidates

Cons

it might feel a bit overwhelming with a lot of features that you don't necessarily use. there's lots of functionality which is great for bigger companies but which I personally don't use and they sometimes slow me down, though I totally understand the necessity of those. I'm lacking notifications to respond to the candidates if I haven't been in touch with them for a while

Great value!

Pros

When I discovered SmartRecruiters I worked for a smaller mom and pop business. We didn't have a prior application tracking system. This product significantly improved our processes. It allowed us to post positions easily and manage our applications and share applications to other users. It was easy to set up and to post once and distribute these postings to the job aggregators we chose. The support team was very friendly and trained us. As we expanded our business this software kept up. I highly recommend trying it. We were able to improve our KPI with time to fill.

Cons

I really don't have many cons system. I really enjoyed using this software.

Vincent

Industry: Wholesale

Little to no support

Pros

It appears easy to use on the surface, and in comparison to other ATS', it isn't so bad in that regard. Customer support is rather quick to answer.

Cons

Sponsored jobs on Indeed are no longer supported by SmartRecruiters. This is a pretty big deal. This means resumes for thos job ads do not land in the ATS, statistics are therefore skewed, all of which defeats the purpose of having an ATS. No one at SmartRecruiters bothered informing their customers. No one at SmartRecruiters or Indeed wants to fix this issue. You can only save one job ad as a template, so if you post the same job in multiple languages, this process isn't automated and so is a bit lengthy. Customer support is also only done via e-mail. Watch out for the fine print in their pricing structure. It isn't as was discussed during our negotiation.

Reasons for choosing SmartRecruiters

It is bilingual, and their price was hard to beat.

Reasons for switching to SmartRecruiters

At the time, iCIMS was advertized as a bilingual platform. Turns out it wasn't.

Excellence, always upgrades, meets my needs

SmartRecruiters worked exceptionally well for our company and our needs. As a newly created HR department, SmartRecruiters was able to help us become more efficient in hiring and tracking our applicants--while remaining user-friendly and effective.

Pros

I am able to work as the only recruiter for our 160 EE company. Without it, we would not have been able to provide the high level of satisfaction to our candidates and new hires.

Cons

Not very Canadian friendly for extras such as paid postings, assessment tools, screening. Would like better onboarding. Can be a bit frustrating for candidates

SmartRecruiters is innovative, mobile friendly, social media integrated game changer!

The number of applicants received has doubled over the previous year (prior to switching to SmartRecruiters). The candidate experience has vastly improved due to social integration and mobile friendly use.

Pros

I like the ease of use for candidates and users alike. Social media integration, hiring team collaboration, and customizable applications enhance the candidate experience. SmartRecruiters Hiring App is perfect for on the go candidate review, messaging, and calling. Job postings are easy and automatically push out to multiple job boards.

Cons

The marketplace is great for integrated add-ons including assessments, reference checks, and background checks. However there are additional costs for the add-ons.

Lisa

The Smartest Way to Hire!

Fantastic recruitment tool for entry level positions in multiple locations.

Pros

Easy to set up and use, and deploy in multiple locations. Allows for hiring teams to have full access to all candidates and share information with each other along the hiring process. Great for screening applications and setting up interviews quickly and easily.

Cons

The mobile app extension to this software has a lot of opportunities to improve upon. It would be great to set up interviews directly from your phone.

Lisa

April 2015

Every Recruiter or HR person should try SmartRecruiters!

Pros

The SmartRecruiters platform is seamless. I love that I can create a job posting and post it to a host of job boards, then pay for it in one simple step. SmartRecruiters will also post the job on a host of free sites. Our hiring Managers can access the system easily with minimal training. Candidates can apply quickly via their mobile devices and it is simple which attracts more candidates. If I ever have a question, their priority support responds immediately and resolves any issues. Bottom line is SmartRecruiters saves me time and money and makes my job easier.

Cons

Nothing. The team at SR listen to my needs as a customer and work to give a solution for all customers. The system has only been even more perfected over time.

Rachel

Highly Recommend SmartRecruiters!

Using SmartRecruiters was a great experience considering how easy it was to use, and it was easy for other departments to be engaged using this platform. We recently transitioned into a different recruiting software due to an acquisition, but our team still continues to rave about how awesome SmartRecruiters was to use!

Pros

The best part about using SmartRecruiters is that it had a smooth layout that was appealing to use! My team always had great customer service, it was very user-friendly.

Cons

Sometimes the webpage would be down, which caused issues for applicants applying, but typically this issue was resolved fairly quickly.

Reasons for switching to SmartRecruiters

Our organization was essentially acquired and we had to adopt to the other organization's recruiting software.

I love this platform! it allows me to track my recruiting process and find the best match!

As I told before, I can track my recruiting process including customer and candidate feedback, in a very easy way.

Pros

I like the availability of tags and notes to find candidates based on specific words. I can manage candidates that are in active search but not assigned to processes, and match them based on their skills.

Cons

The free version is great as it is, but if I 'd like to migrate, it would be too expensive if I compare con local suppliers that offers similar options.

Deirdre

Industry: International Trade and Development

Responsive, knowledgeable customer service and easy to use product.

Value for money. Increased coordination within hiring teams. Detailed information on candidates. Ability to quickly review and respond to all a high volume of candidates.

Pros

Easy to configure and use. Extensive training isn't needed to get up and running. For those who require it, there are online tutorials for every part of the system.

Cons

Candidate search functionality isn't very robust. It is limited to predefined fields (e.g., location, degree, etc.) instead of allowing customer to define the fields from the candidate profile to use for searching and sorting (e.g., technical expertise, field of study, industry-specific terms, etc.).

Deanna

Industry: Oil & Energy

This is the most user-friendly and efficient recruiting platform ever

- ability to get managers to participate in sourcing - easy candidate management - publishing jobs to numerous job posting sites espacielly the major ones

Pros

- User friendliness - extremely high quality, efficient and fast customer service - constant improvements and new smart functionnalities without disrupting daily usage or minimal disruption

Cons

Nothing to say. The market is very competitive now with all the AI. With a lot of hope, SmartRecruiters is agile!

SmartRecruiters