Spidergap

Spidergap Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The software is easy to use, the interface is appealing, the reporting is excellent, and the customization is just what we needed. The price is fair and a great value for what you pay."
  • icon"The service and technical support I got the team was exceptional. The tool was so intuitive and easy to use and the way in which I could set it up to improve team performance was really valuable."
  • icon"Free trial, prices for paid plans are good, has great reports and is very easy to use. Support is always very helpful."
  • icon"Not so much the software ut I was a little it disappointed that I could not download the group analysis."
  • icon"Lack / awkwardness of distinguishing between self and peer reviewers."
  • icon"For example, if my lowest rating is a 4/5 in three areas, those three areas will be visualized in a dark red and called out as weaknesses, despite the fact that I scored high on them."

Browse all Spidergap Reviews

• Have you used Spidergap and would like to share your experience with others?

Ian

Spidergap Rocks

Love the system, the outputs and the excellent, responsive support from the Spidergap Team

Pros

Very simple to use and setup. Does what it’s meant to do without any complicated configuration.

Cons

The Spidergap team are launching new functionality - in particular an impact survey for people who have received a 360 report and feedback. This is still in Beta phase and still needs a bit of work.

Reasons for choosing Spidergap

It’s the best solution of its kind available.

Reasons for switching to Spidergap

For efficiency in administering and reporting on 360 feedback results.

Affordable, good customer service and an easy-to-use service

Really good. Great assistance setting things up and then there were regular touch points through the year. The tool itself is intuitive, simple and clear, and allows for plenty of customisation. There are richer and fancier 360 evaluation services out there, but considering the very reasonable pricing, Spidergap is a fantastic service that will enable you to run and manage even large evaluation campaigns with very little hassle.

Pros

The big one was automating away a lot of the evaluation process. once you have imported your list of targets and evaluators into the system, things like reminders, invitations to assess etc. can mostly be launched with a couple of clicks. As an admin, you get real time insights into any exercise you are running, and it is easy to view individual reports and group results. Their customer service is very good; great after sales care and they will often be able to take care of things like minor customizations on their end if you ask for it. In addition, their resource bank on the portal is clear and easy to search and has most of the answers you will be looking for anyway.

Cons

The software is really simple (which is a good thing!) but this means you are forced to use workarounds to perform some activities. For example, if you wish to resend a reminder to just one person, you have to find the automated email, copy it and paste into an email like Outlook to send it. This functionality should really be built in to the service. As another example, the group results are displayed nicely on the site and you can download the raw data in Excel, but the recommended way to get the visuals is to use a snipping tool; this seems a bit crude.

Reasons for choosing Spidergap

Cheaper, good customer service, no unnecessary add-ons (just focused on 360 evaluations which was all we needed; other companies will try to sell you a bundle or suite of services)

Joe

Spidergap is a decent, middle-of-the-road 360 software that gets the job done

Pros

Easy to use if you only have one or two people to review. The relationship between quantitative ratings and comments is clear.

Cons

Missing a lot of basic features such as saving a draft (I can't tell you how many reviews I've lost due to accidentally closing a tab, submission errors, etc.). The way the software visualizes feedback can be terribly misleading. It paints a very bleak picture for areas for improvement, and doesn't take into account that the feedback is relative to all other feedback. For example, if my lowest rating is a 4/5 in three areas, those three areas will be visualized in a dark red and called out as weaknesses, despite the fact that I scored high on them.

Response from Spidergap

Edit: Good news! As of 8 February 2019, we now support automatic saving of feedback responses! ------ Hi Joe, Thanks for your feedback! We really appreciate feedback that helps us to improve, even if it's not always as flattering as we'd like. As you've identified a few issues, I'm really keen to help you address these and to get further feedback to understand where else we need to improve. However, I'm limited to 1,000 characters here so I have sent you an email directly. In summary: - I'm pleased to say that we have a new feature that we'll be releasing soon to address accidentally closing tabs - We can support you in changing the Red/Amber/Green boundaries in the report - We aim to be world-leading (not middle of road), so I would love to connect with you directly via a call to learn more about what else you'd like to see from us to reach that level All the best, Alexis

Replied August 2020

Robin

Highly Recommend!

Exceptional product! I will be using them again.

Pros

Setting up the questionnaire was intuitive and the Customer Service was exceptional! The reports are user-friendly and my client was very pleased with the results.

Cons

From an administrator's point of view, I wish there was an option to maintain complete confidentiality of the results. Yes, I'm the only person who can see who said what about whom, but I'd prefer that even I couldn't see that. We're in the US and privacy laws don't require someone on the project to have this level of access.

Reasons for switching to Spidergap

More user-friendly both as an administrator and participant. I have complete control over the questions and rating scale. The reports are simpler and easier to interpret for participants.

Herb

Spidergap is a rare gem!

This has been a very positive experience and has allowed our company an entry point into the automated 360 world that saves us time on the administrative end and allows us the opportunity to focus on our recipients.

Pros

Cons

The questions they started with are on the more basic side, but if you are starting from nothing, it is a great place to start. You can also easily edit their competencies or replace with your preferred rated areas.

Reasons for switching to Spidergap

Too much manual work for converting survey monkey data into a viable 360 report.

Jickson

Moderate, great client assistance and a simple to-utilize administration

Great. Incredible help setting things up and afterward there were ordinary touch focuses as the year progressed. The actual instrument is natural, straightforward and clear, and takes into consideration a lot of customisation. There are more extravagant and fancier 360 assessment benefits out there, yet thinking about the entirely sensible valuing, Spidergap is a fabulous assistance that will empower you to run and oversee even huge assessment crusades with next to no issue. This has been an exceptionally certain encounter and has permitted our organization a section point into the computerized 360 world that saves us time on the authoritative end and permits us the chance to zero in on our beneficiaries.

Pros

The enormous one was robotizing endlessly a great deal of the assessment interaction. whenever you have imported your rundown of targets and evaluators into the framework, things like updates, solicitations to survey and so forth can generally be dispatched two or three ticks. As an administrator, you get constant experiences into any activity you are running, and it is not difficult to see singular reports and gathering results. Their client care is excellent; incredible after deals care and they can frequently deal with things like minor customizations on their end in the event that you request it. Moreover, their asset bank on the gateway is clear and simple to look and has the vast majority of the appropriate responses you will be searching for anyway.Setting up the survey was natural and the Customer Service was excellent! The reports are easy to use and my customer was exceptionally satisfied with the outcomes.

Cons

The manner in which the product imagines input can be awfully deceptive. It paints a depressing picture for territories for development, and doesn't consider that the criticism is comparative with any remaining input. For instance, if my most reduced rating is a 4/5 out of three territories, those three regions will be pictured in a dull red and called out as shortcomings, in spite of the way that I scored high on them. The inquiries they began with are on the more essential side, however in the event that you are beginning from nothing, it is an incredible spot to begin. You can likewise effectively alter their skills or supplant with your favored evaluated territories.

Spidergap Bridges the Gap Between Employees and Human Resources

Pros

I got tired of employees emailing me their feedback and complaints and wanted to work with a program where it strictly functions in receiving these type of issues; that way I can keep my emails separate. I came across this program that looked very useful so I decided to try this software called Spidergap. It allows the employees to fill out a questionnaire which I customize. They can provide their feedback in a secure manner. I gather all the reports and assess them and this is where I can make decisions based on their feedback. The software is very manageable and contains a good price.

Cons

Sometimes the stuff I’ve written doesn't automatically save and I’ve lost the information because I accidentally closed the tab. They should have an auto-recovery option.

Response from Spidergap

Thank you! We really appreciate your feedback and you are right - the lack of automatically saving responses before submitting is our main drawback. The good news is that this feature is our top priority and is expected be released in the next 4-6 weeks! Looking forward to supporting you and the University even better in 2019 as a result :-) Alexis ----- Edit: Good news! As of 8 February 2019, we now support automatic saving of feedback responses!

Travis

Outclass tool with fantastic customer service and excellent functionality

If I talk about my overall experience, I would say it is the most useful software for me. It is no doubt the best platform that let employees with easy ways of filling out a questionnaire and furthermore providing them good chance to give their feedback securely.

Pros

I have been using this tool for many years, I would say I really love everything about it whether its system or support. It is completely perfect from every angle. I love the high quality of this tool and its quick response that fulfills all the requirements of my questions. Furthermore, it is extremely easy to use. It is the most reliable software that provides comprehensive feedback.

Cons

No doubt it is the complete package but one of the drawbacks is that it lacks the option to save information automatically. I would say if its team adds this feature it will look even more helpful but I am sure its efficient team will keep this issue in consideration and overcome it as soon as possible.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks Travis. We really appreciate your feedback and you are right - the lack of automatically saving responses before submitting is our main drawback. The good news is that this feature is our top priority and is expected be released in the next 4-6 weeks! Looking forward to supporting you and the University even better in 2019 as a result :-) Alexis ----- Edit: Good news! As of 8 February 2019, we now support automatic saving of feedback responses!

Gregg

Industry: Medical Devices

HR Director

We are using this software to bridge communication gaps we may have. Getting the feedback from the 360's has become a very useful tool in building relationships and operating procedures. It made my job easier, THANKS!

Pros

It is easy to use, very user friendly! Reports are great, easy to read and all the information is there. It gave our management team honest assessments and tools to build upon them.

Cons

Honestly, I can't say. We have had a positive experience and we will continue to use this software moving forward.

Craig

Amazing Experience so easy and useful to use.

Pros

The results were beyond helpful. Very professional layout with great versatility to customize the annual review report. Each persons results can be compared to the entire organization as a whole to understand better their results.

Cons

It was a little difficult to set up the annual reviews for each person of the organization. I also had a little bit of difficulty printing out each individuals review.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks so much for this review Craig. We're so glad you are finding Spidergap useful, and we'll look into how we can improve to address the printing issue + annual review setup you mentioned.

Replied November 2017

Questionnaire Software for Feedback and Analysis

Pros

Working for a gaming department allows me to interact with a lot of people who have different roles. Spidergap enables us to create a questionnaire for people to answer. Each of us has to create our own questions so people can provide feedback. Since I am a sound engineer, I needed to ensure that the audio quality is at par with the standards. The feedback I gathered was very helpful and Spidergap puts that in a report.

Cons

It was brought to my attention that some of the people who filled out the questionnaire were not able to save their work on time and they had to redo it again. They need to add an auto-recovery for unsaved work. Spidergap still gets a perfect score from me, as I am not sure if it's an issue on my end or a software bug.

Finn

Very easy to use and effective tool - Outstanding support!

Pros

Super easy to us . Excellent support. Support is very responsive and friendly and always able to help. Also, it is a very reliable software that provides comprehensive feedback. I especially liked the functionality that let´s you compare each person´s results with the results of the entire organization. I did also like about this software that the questionnaires and reports can be easily edited.

Cons

There is not much I dislike about the software, however think that the software builder is slightly too basic. In my personal opinion the software builder is too similar to Google Forms. I would like to see a greater selection of different inquiry types, for example scaler or matrix. Furthermore, I missed an auto-save function. You always have to save your progress manually when using this software, which can be somewhat annoying and result in lost data if you forget to save your progress. Also, I did miss the ability to easily send repeat invitations to specific respondents.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks so much for the feedback! We're so glad you are getting great support, finding the tool easy to use, and provides comprehensive feedback. We're working on improving reminder functionality as although you can currently send reminders in bulk any time, sending one-off individual reminders aren't yet as easy as we'd like. You mentioned you were missing auto-save... but we do now auto-save progress when providing feedback or editing the questionnaire. Was there somewhere else that you would find auto-save useful? Please let us know by email to support@spidergap.com Thanks!

Replied November 2020

Ranil

Industry: Online Media

Great real-time 360 feedback ...

Totally, it's a great tool, very professional , affordable, time saving and user friendly that can recommend to anyone without any further thoughts.

Pros

Starting from the setting it up it’s easy and clear. They have a remarkable professional support team behind your back any time you need. The free trial setup they provided helped me a lot to understand how it works before I buy. You can import the targets and the evaluators in to the tool and the rest is just simple clicks. It’s mobile friendly and very intuitive. The format of the report summery is my favorite. First comes a nice summary and then comes the detailed information. Professional and simply awesome!

Cons

I personally found it as a great tool. Other than mentioning "cons" I would like to give some suggestions in my point of view. I felt like the fluidity of the templates should be little more smoother and I have found a lot of features on the interface which don't use (in my cases) but for someone else they can be useful. Just wanted to share my experience.

Reasons for switching to Spidergap

Spidergap has a great customer service together with their support team, It's affordable and it gives me a complete control over questions.

February 2016

I have been using Spidergap for 5 years and am very pleased with it. Great system and support!

From an administrator's perspective, the system is very easy to understand and navigate. Building questionnaires / assessments and amending and copying existing questionnaires / assessments is straightforward. Adjusting rating scale and rater groups is very simple. Options exist in terms of question types - based upon just a single response that rates performance or frequency, or includes a second response that enables raters to specify the level of performance they feel is appropriate for each behaviour being assessed Narrtive can be added as frequently as you specify, enabling raters to provide examples to back up their ratings Rater information can be loaded through Excel spreadsheet, or added directly into the system by the Subjects, which saves administrator time manipulating spreadsheets. Additional raters can be added manually, if required. The email templates are easy to edit, as is issuing emails with links to the questionnaire / assessment and reminders. Reports are clear and informative - summary information at the front, with detailed scores later. From the Subject and Raters' perspectives, it's an easy to access system, just one click, with no need for passwords. The system looks and feels professional to them, so high face vailidity. For reference and training, there is plenty on their site to help you, including videos to walk you through setting things up. For me, it is not just the system that is important. Spidergap provides a great system, no question. It's also about being able to trust and to be able to rely on the guys who run it to respond quickly and effectively when you do need their help, having made a mistake somewhere. Spidergap provide support second to none. Highly recommended system and great support.

Response from Spidergap

Thanks Paul, it has been a pleasure working with you, and we look forward to supporting you with running 360s with your clients for many years to come! All the best, Alexis

Replied February 2016

Fiona

January 2016

Struggling to find fault - am so used to glitches/issues/poor customer service - not here.

I thought introducing 360 to our small business was going to be costly and complicated. We took advantage of the free trial as we only have 5 Managers across the country. I sat down one Sunday afternoon having watched the tutorial vids and used the chat function to get a couple of queries answered (which they did promptly even though it was late on a Saturday night!) and began to create my project. My real surprise was that everything happened the way it should - the way it had been shown on the vids. It made me realise how often I normally feel let down by systems/software/customer service etc. Not only was it as easy as they said to create the project and load all the necessary information, when I came to the questionnaire itself I realised just how flexible it was. It's a very intuitive system and I was able to figure out very quickly how to amend every title and question so that it almost completely mirrored our own Manager Scorecard. This will make the feedback so much more meaningful to the Managers as it will be in their frame of reference and directly related to objectives and KPIs they're already familiar with. The questionnaires went out and some started to bounce back due to incorrect email addresses - again I expected issues in sorting this out but again it was simple and easy to delete the original questionnaires sent and resend to the new addresses. Just a pretty seamless and trouble free process which, like I say, seems a rarity nowadays. The reports themselves are professional and give the right variety of detail, are easy to read and understand - don't know what else to say really - we will be using again, and will happily endorse with enthusiasm.

Response from Spidergap

Thank you so much for your review Fiona, the whole team are genuinely touched by your comments and fired up about how what we are doing is helping you and your managers. If there is anything we can do to help, or improve then do let us know! All the best, Alexis

Replied January 2016

Cheryl

Industry: Architecture & Planning

I'm an external career coach using this 360 tool to help my coachee obtain valuable feedback.

Pros

This is my first time using this 360 tool and I'm very impressed with quality of tool and reports; ease of use; ability to customize to suit my needs; super fast response time to my questions (haven't waited more than 3 hours despite being in USA--different time zone); quality of FAQs that have answered 98% of my questions; and clean clear reporting. I also LOVE that I can include the Director of HR as having access to my project to view drafts, etc. but not to all of my account (e.g. other projects that don't involve her firm, since I provide consulting to other companies).

Cons

Currently, the tool does not have an auto save feature for participants, so I had to warn them to block out uninterrupted time to complete in one sitting. Spidergap acknowledges that this upgrade is something they are working on. I urge them to do so. Two other improvements that I've suggested: 1) ability to change relationship category without engaging Spidergap directly (although when I did their response was super-duper fast), 2) in email template to participants: offer a prompt for a deadline date so that respondents know how long they have to complete the questionnaire. Otherwise, we can forget to tell them.

Response from Spidergap

Hi Cheryl, Thanks so much for your kind review. I'm so glad you get valuable feedback and that you like Spidergap's reports, ease of use, customization, support, and other features. We definitely agree with the areas to improve that you highlight and as you say they are on our roadmap for this year. (We'll keep you updated). Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback. All the best, Alexis

Replied April 2018

Erica

Highly recommend

We are finishing our first round of feedback reports this week so I'm sure I would have more to say following the entire experience. Currently however, our overall experience has been phenomenal. I would highly recommend this product and company. We are looking forward to continuing the use of the product.

Pros

The team at Spidergap. The product itself is highly customizable and easy to use. The team exceeds expectations at every turn. They monitor your project and reach out to check in at all the important milestones. When I have had a question, the response is immediate. Every person on the team is knowledgeable on our project. I have never been as impressed as I am with the Spidergap team.

Cons

We have a lot of users taking the survey and not having a platform that is accessible to them costs the admin a lot of time. Users have to contact the admin to see what their progress is and who hasn't yet responded to their feedback request. Any changes made to emails that bounce as well have to be done by the admin.

Reasons for switching to Spidergap

The other product was not as customizable and not as affordable.

Liz

Fabulous tool for 360

We are wishing to develop specific leadership capabilities in highly technical individuals (leaders of complex project teams, rather than "leaders by organisation chart"). Traditional 360 tools cannot be tailored and do not provide a great fit for this demographic, as well as being costly. We found Spidergap filled our needs perfectly. We could set up a 360 project that was specific to this group, tailor the questions so they were highly relevant to the capabilities we wanted to see them grow in, administer the whole process easily and give the group easy-to-read insightful reports to help them develop. Feedback from the report-receivers was extremely positive, and line managers were quick to share how easy it was to coach from the report content. We are monitoring the progression of a specific group and are confident that this has helped them significantly in the area of self-knowledge and in shaping them as leaders.

Pros

The ease of use, especially in tailoring the feedback questions for a specific organisation or project. The ability to add your own logo to the cover. The great self-help documents on site. Chat help was readily available too, although it wasn't needed often as the tool is very intuitive. Great value for money / no mandatory tie-in to coaching services that is forced by other big brands Very insightful and easy to read report with strengths at the forefront, not just weakness.

Cons

Very few "cons" but would have liked to have been able to easily send repeat invitations/ reminders to specific respondents, versus "all" or a long-winded cut-and-paste action.

Sonia