• Pros

• "I love how I can always be up to date on my commissions without having to do the math myself. I still keep track of my commission myself to double check but Spiff has been great. "

• "It's reliability and how easy it is to use. I no longer second guess my comp calculations. "

• "As the VP of sales, we love Spiff! It provides my team real-time information and income data that helps motivate and drive my team to perform better and do more."

• Cons

• "I wish onboarding was quicker. It would also be nice if we could customize it a little more."

• "I used to not like that there wasn't an app for Android...but there is now and I love it. Thank you guys. "

• "Nothing now. - Honestly I have enjoyed the entire experience."

Browse Spiff Reviews

Lydia from GoGuardian

Really amazing

Pros

It's so much better then Xactly, the incumbent. It's clean, easy to use and the team loves it.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to get a breakdown on a specific deal. The granularity of reporting could be better.

Todd from Capshare

Finally, I always know exactly what my commissions will be. Love it!

I've been using Spiff for several months now and I always have it on one of my open browser tabs, so I can see it every day. It helps me push through those days, mid-month when I don't have the motivation to get to work. I've already recommended it to a couple of friends.

Pros

An easy dashboard that lets me know what my commission check will look like, in real time. I can see all my one-time and recurring deals whenever I want to. Complete with a breakdown of each deal. The integration with Salesforce means I get accurate numbers.

Cons

Ths salesperson view could use a month-over-month graphical view. It's easy for me to export and see this or to move back to past pay periods, so it's not a big deal, but this would make it even easier for me to compare my performance to past months.

Nice Enterprise Relationship Software

I am happy with this software.

Pros

This software is quite funky and makes use of innovation. I like the concept and the design of Spiff. It's very convenient to use. We can create our own flexible rules and helps in team management.

Cons

I am happy with the design and no faults detected.

Spiff

Its been great. Much easier to see your commissions than tracking them in a spreadsheet

Pros

I love that i can see my commissions and how it is broken down. It is a very user friendly platform.

Cons

I wish it updated in real time when deals were added. Also it always defaults to the first month i started using it. I wish it would default to the current month so i didn't have to change it every time

Response from Spiff

Replied March 2020

Thank you so much for your great review and feedback! We are really glad that Spiff has been able to add value and hopefully improve the way you see commissions. If you are open to it, please feel free to reach out to support@spiff.com and we would love to get more information around your feedback and see if there is anything we can do today to make that a better experience for you. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review! Tanner, Co-Founder

Spencer from Podium

Finally I can see accurate commissions!

It is amazing and creates a very helpful gap between the Sales and Finance team.

Billy from Capshare

Great for Sales Teams!

Spiff has taken the manual process and errors out of calculating commissions with excel. It helps my team immensely.

Mariami from Quinyx

Great tool to track your commission on the go!

The main solutions I see with Spiff are the following: - Saving me time to have quick access and visibility without having to go to my CRM system. - Solving the problem of not knowing how much commission I have made the previous month. - Gives me motivation to perform better so I can increase my numbers. - Helps me double check any human error and track my performance overall.

Pros

I love that I can easily log on to Spiff to track my commission whenever I want to since my role is highly KPI driven and compensates for different stages in a sales cycle. It helps me to doublecheck my numbers/targets and compare on my CRM system so nothing gets missed by human error. It also helps me to budget for the coming month because of the visibility of how much commission I have made in real time. Very glad we introduced it to our sales team and that I can track it on the go!

Cons

Sometimes it kicks me out of the app when I press more details under a specific commission. But other than that, its user-friendly, very quick and self-intuitive!

Francisco from Thycotic

Great way to stay on top of your commissions almost in real time.

Knowing where exactly I stand commission wise in an always up to date fashion is invaluable and Spiff helps achieving it with ease and clarity.

Pros

Knowing where I stand all the time from a commission standpoint is a great advantage, taking away surprises and allowing me to anticipate problems as well as identify errors or mistakes. Easy overall view of the values with drilldown on details and the possibility to report problems.

Cons

Lack of filtering by date, for instance, all earnings this quarter, last quarter, this year... The ability to export the information would be helpful as well.

Shaymus from BetterUp

Great product on the user experience

Great! I love using it.

Pros

I love the simplicity! It is very intuitive

Cons

Cant figure out how to change my avatar.

Tanner from Lucid

Spiff is great

We use it to keep track of commissions and to make sure I get paid for everything I should get paid on.

Pros

It is very easy to login and have all of my commissions already calculated. No more doing all the math on my end to make sure things are correct.

Cons

The only thing I could complain about is that everything is linked to Salesforce so if something in Salesforce is not right then it will reflect in Spiff the same way.

Sydnee from Lucid Software

Easy to Use and Saves Me Time

So great. I love the customer experience. They make sure I'm always having a good experience in their platform. If I'm not, they make sure they fix it so I am. The platform itself is so easy to use. I didn't even need a training because the user interface is easy to figure out.

Pros

I love Spiff because it's easy to use. Instead of using spreadsheets and uploading our deals from Salesforce, Spiff let's us do this automatically. My commission's process has now been cut down by days. The people there are an absolute delight to work with. They're always willing to help and are quick to respond any time we have a question. It did take a while to set up, but

Cons

While they do have many capabilities, they are still growing in functionality. The platform has a lot of easy to use functions for me to calculate our commissions, but they're still working out other functions that we request. That being said, they always take our feedback and constantly keep us updated on that feedback.

Reasons for Choosing Spiff

I wasn't as involved in the decision making, but I do know that the price of Spiff was much better considering others. We also did want a company who could really cater and customize to our organization's needs. Spiff gave this to us.

Tucker from Lucid Software

As a rep I love it!

I've saved a solid 2 hours at the end of every month where I would reconcile Salesforce with my own excel file of all my deals closed. Admittedly I still keep my own excel file to make sure a deal didn't slip in SFDC, but the process of reconciling it is so much easier. In the few months, I've been using it my sales opp team hasn't made any mistakes on my comp. It's given me time back in my day so I can sell more. Also, this isn't quantitative but I feel it was a huge value, that is, it felt like a HUGE step forward to make our sales org feel more legit. I was one of the first 4 sales reps at my company (55 employees 4.5 years ago) and I've seen all the good and the bad of our growth(now 500 and growing). Personally, I feel like implementing Spiff was better than implementing many of the big-name sales org solutions. I think I was so happy about this because I care about my commissions and now I feel like my company cares too. I feel more valued. I'm also very happy that I can now budget my income better because it's easy to see what's coming. Gone are the days of calculating IARR and IMRR less churn to figure out what my check would be.

Pros

Cons

Because it saved me time at the end of the month I'm no longer staying late and looking like the last guy in the office at the end of the month. JK. But really, I don't have any negative feedback at this point.

Ric from Lucidchart

The visualization is unique!

I have created a culture of trust with Spiff! I'm grateful our team implemented it here at Lucid, now it is so simple to line up goals to current state and work together with your leaders to achieve your financial goals! - My reps know exactly what to work on in order to reach the next level!! - No more excel spreadsheets!!

Pros

Spiff makes it easy for sales leaders to set goals and line up those goals with what each rep wants to achieve. I care about my reps and they care about reaching their potential, Spiff has added a visual reason for me to line up my goals with theirs and create belief in what they're doing. I love everything about it, but the conversation that have come from showing my reps where they are in their earnings, have bee unique!

Cons

Nothing now. - Honestly I have enjoyed the entire experience.

Frederick from Lucid Software

Been looking for this for 6 years

It's been fantastic overall. The support is good, the product is easy, it's aesthetically pleasing, and it solves the biggest thing occupying a sales guy's mind: what am I getting paid?

Pros

Massive time savings and puts my mind at ease. If there are disputes between what I think I am owed and what the company thinks, it's visible at all times and I can raise attention to it. Now it's nobody's fault but mine if I don't get paid what I think I should

Cons

nothing, yet. An ability to refresh the sync between Salesforce a little more often might be nice

Daniel from Weave

Using Spiff at Weave

Spiff has made tracking my numbers for my commissions a lot easier I always know exactly where I'm at relative to the month instead of waiting until the end of the month to see where i stand with incentives, commissions and bonuses

Pros

I like that it gives me a very clean initial user interface with options for viewing all kinds of advanced metrics for when i really want to dive in and breakdown my numbers.

Cons

Mostly Navigation, sometimes it's hard to find where the information that I am looking for is located.

David from Weave

Finally... I know what my commission check will look like

Pros

It’s really easy to use. User friendly interface.

Cons

I don’t have anything I don’t like so far.

Michelle from Capshare Inc.

Excellent Product-Easy to use!

We love using this product and you will too!

Pros

This product is very friendly to use, has easy navigation, and is time saving which is a huge benefit. This software has made calculating commissions hassle free, it has helped reduce commissions errors and has the versatility to deal with all the complexity of our commission tiers. It is hands down amazing.

Cons

I have not had any issues that come to mind.

Chantz from Weave

Every company needs Spiff!!

Love it. I would recommend Spiff to any company who is looking to grow and motivate their sales team!

Pros

What I love most about Spiff is how user friendly it is. The convenience that it gives me as a sales rep to know exactly where my commissions are at for the month. Huge motivational tool for any rep.

Cons

Man that is tough... I have only have used Spiff for 3 months and have not had 1 issue.

Matthew from Weave

The best way for salesmen to know what they are going to get paid!

Ecstatic! If you have a sales team, you need this software!

Pros

I love the full transparency that Spiff provides with my pay! Anyone who works a commission job knows that hidden commissions is a miserable experience. Spiff provides the best breakdown, in real time!

Cons

The user interface is a little clunky. They could show the different sections in a little bit easier to read format.

Spiff Saves The Day

Every sales team should use this software!

Pros

I used to have to wait until a few days before pay day to understand what my commission checks would be, now with Spiff I can see it in real time and watch that number grow daily.

Cons

The quotas tab and timeline functionality needs work. Doesn't add much value or is not present.

Steele from Weave

Spiff works great

I have truly enjoyed Spiff so far.

Pros

Being able to see what my commission looks like at all times so that I can prepare for the month and see what else I need to sell. Before we had spiff I had no idea what my clawbacks were and no idea what I was going to get paid.

Cons

The mobile website could work a little better.

Joshua from Weave HQ

Clear Commission Software for Sales Reps

Pros

I love how Spiff lays out the specific commission amount for each pay period, so there's no confusion about what you'll earn for a month's commission check.

Cons

I wish the commission breakdown was a little more detailed for each sale, so we know exactly why we're getting paid a certain amount on a deal.

James from Lucid

Visibility into Sales Comp

I don't have to wait until the end of the month to see what I'm making in commissions.

Pros

I like that Spiff provides me with commission information in real-time as deals close.

Cons

I would like to see more robust year-to-date information to compare attainment. I understand that this is on the roadmap.

Zac from Podium

Spiff

Pros

Easy to track in real-time my commissions, and the breakdown for every deal.

Cons

As of now, I don't think I can complain.

Brandt from Podium

Customization is key

The whole Spiff team, especially the reps, has been amazing to work with. They've built an amazing product that's evolved significantly over the last six months since we started working with them to meet our needs.

Pros

Spiff's team has been great about building features that are crucial to our success in managing multiple compensation plans. They've taken our existing commissions structure and modeled it in a way that's robust enough to handle our needs, but easy enough to navigate and update as needed.

Cons

Implementation cycle was a bit lengthy, but the end result was a software that works better than our excel model and is consistently accurate.

Seth from weave

Spiff review

Pros

Love the integration with Salesforce to see my commissions in real-time.

Cons

It’s nice to see updated commissions just wish our salesforce integration resync’d with Spiff every few hours. I do understand that is possible, we just haven’t made the change on our end yet.

Jordan from Weave

Spiff Review

Company is still getting use to the product but so far its been great. Employees can now keep track of their compensation.

Pros

Its motivating to see the progress i'm making on my commissions as the month goes on.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say. Still a new product but seems to work.

Jared from Lucid Software

Great so far

It's been great so far. Very easy way to keep tabs on what I'm being paid and to know what to expect.

Pros

Spiff has been great for tracking commissions and making sure that I have full visibility into what I'm making each month. It's easy to use and has a seamless interface.

Cons

The organization of closed deals is a little frustrating because I have to scroll really far down and it feels as though it could be better organized. My top tab of commissions is really separated from the guaranteed commission and clawback tabs. I also could use a few more tiles up top such as one that shows my pro-rated annual quota since I started mid-year.

Jaxson from Podium

Spiff is awesome

Pros

That it is automatically updated and shows my commissions throughout the month with ease. It's easy to check where I am at and make sure everything is accurate.

Cons

So far it's been amazing. I love it, we weren't using anything before but Spiff is great.

Austen from Podium

Spiff is AMAZING!!

I really do love this software and it has been so helpful to me as a whole. I believe this is going to go places.

Pros

I absolutely love that the software has completely allowed me to delete all of my excel sheets, saved me from countless headaches of calculating my commissions and allows me to understand what I should expect from my next commission check. Absolutely amazing!

Cons

I wish I could make an edit to the software as a whole or make a specific request to an edit without having to directly talk with my manager or VP. An ability to message, or request an edit from my superiors would make things extremely convenient!

Jacob from Podium

Spiffy

Pros

Very clean design. Fun colors. It makes everything very simple.

Cons

I want more report tools to compare this month to previous months.

Camden from Lucid

SPiff works!

n\a

Pros

It's easy to see the necessary data. I don't dive in and use it for more than where I am with my numbers and can reconcile any mistakes I have on my own end.

Cons

If this integrated directly with Salesforce where we could pull a report, that would be awesome!

Sam from Podium

Amazing Product!

Pros

There are many things that I have found valuable with Spiff but the thing we like the most is the transparency it gives to the sales reps. Before Spiff we would spend hours making "commission sheets" to help show the sales rep why they were getting paid certain amounts on each deal. With Spiff the sales rep can see it in real time.

Cons

The only issue we are currently have (although it is being fixed) is how long it takes to refresh our data. Since we have a lot of deals closing each day it takes ~30min for the entire dataset to refresh

ignacio from Lucid Software

Spiff | Lucidchart | Review

This is a great way to keep track of how I am doing and how much money I am making and what I need to do to make more.

Pros

Easy to track, constant visual of my deals/comm.

Cons

I wish I was able to filter the deals closed by month.

Matt from Capshare, Inc.

Spiff has been awesome!

Spiff has been a fantastic tool for us. It's let us move one piece of our finance stack that had dramatically ballooned in excel and move it over to their system. Super happy with the app.

Pros

It's been great to give the sales team access to the information directly - I love what Spiff does around motivating the team.

Cons

Early on we ran into some issues modeling our scenario - but those have all been worked out at this point.

Sam from Weave

Spiff should be used in ever sales Org

Pros

I love how it is easy to use and how it incentives the team.

Cons

Not much to say here other than implementation time took longer than expected but better to get it right the first time

Spiff Review

Overall, I haven't seen anything else out there that doers what Spiff can do.

Pros

Spiff is the most effective way to be able to track and monitor your commissions. It makes the process a million times easier than trying to keep track in an excel spreadsheet.

Cons

It seems like every month there are multiple reps reaching out about how their Spiff is incorrect. Maybe that's just admin error.

Samantha from Lucid

Good Way to Track Commissions

Pros

Spiff is easy-to-use and makes it simple to view what my monthly commissions will be.

Cons

So far, I don't have any complaints. It's simple and makes my life a little bit easier.

John from Lucid Software Inc.

Spiff Review

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and how it pulls the relevant data from SF.

Cons

Sometimes pulls the wrong information/ doesn't always equal the correct commission.

Andrew from Lucid

Easy and Transparent

Pros

I like that I can see an up-to-date report on what I can expect in terms of commission at any point. I like that the interface is simple and easy to use and connects directly with Salesforce. Prior to this, commissions were tracked via an Excel sheet which was cumbersome to look through and digest- this has simplified the entire compensation process.

Cons

It would be nice if there were some more advanced reporting features such as graphs over time etc.

Spiff provides transparency into commissions!

They've been really responsive to anything we have needed

Pros

Love how easy it is to check my commission status at any part of the month and compare my trend over previous months. It shows my quota and everything I need to know

Cons

I don't like how when looking at a commission period it shows opportunities closed from other months and quarters that aren't relevant to the filter. Wish there was projection tools to see how much I could make based on my comp plan for the year

Carson from Lucid Software

Spiff is Essential

It's saving me time and energy. I also like how trustworthy it is. I can depend on it to accurately track all of my commission earnings and the details of them.

Pros

Spiff is so easy to use. It's legitimately helpful too! I like how I can login and see my commission earnings within seconds. It's accurate and saves me the headache of tracking my own commissions.

Cons

Although I haven't explored all of the features, I'd like to see more robust ways of how I can track my commissions.

Joe from Podium

Great Way to Track Commission!

Pros

It is easy to see where my commission is at.

Cons

Nothing so far, I have really enjoyed using Spiff.

Westlee from Weave

Solid product

Pros

I really like the ease of use and implementation

Cons

There is not anything which I dislike currently

Jacob from Weave Communications

Love it so far

It was been great so far! I hate claw backs... but having what offices cancelled and knowing how that affects my check right in front of me makes it really nice.

Pros

-It is such a simply idea but it has been needed for so long -Not only to I get to see how much I will be paid on my next check, but I get to see why -It is very easy to see claw backs and which accounts cancelled

Cons

-it is taking me some time for me to learn how to navigate around the site

Linked to SFDC and Realtime

I am very happy with it. Certainly better than our previous method of tracking commissions.

Pros

Great that I can look realtime at my commissions. Very intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

Wish there were more analytics included, more visualized data showing my historical earnings, comparisons month-to-month, year-to-year, quarter-to-quarter, etc. Just more visualized data. UX on a mobile phone browser isn't great. Not bad, but could be better.

Jeremy from Weave

Commissions in a snapshot

I am still relatively new to Spiff, but so far, so good.

Pros

The ability to accurately see what I've made so far on the month. It makes it so much easier to anticipate what I need to set aside for bills and how much I will be able to save each month.

Cons

Nothing serious...it is still a bit simple as a software but I understand that Spiff is in it's beginning stages. I know it will get better and better with time.

Lloyd from Lucid Software

Awesome for Sales Reps

As a Sales Manager, has been helpful for me to ensure accuracy for my comp as well as the comp for my reps.

Pros

I really appreciate that it plugs into Salesforce so I can see my commission at any given moment. It has helped me have no questions at the end of the month as to how much I will make.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of yet. I am a fairly new user. I am confident that the UI will improve as time goes on.

Michael from Weave

Great software that gives transparency in to your commission pay.

It's been great so far in the short time I've used it.

Pros

Visibility into your commission checks. This way you don't have to trust your finance department that they've got everything correct.

Cons

I want some drill-down capability on things like clawbacks. It shows all the accounts that you're getting paid for, but if there is something you're having clawed back, it would be nice to drill into those quickly.

Alan from Podium

Simple and Easy

Before Spiff I tracked commissions manually on a spreadsheet to verify correct pay out. Spiff keeps track of all of that for me now!

Pros

How easy it is to use! There's not a bunch of crazy dashboards or extra features, just exactly what I need to see for me and my team.

Cons

I think the only con I have right now with the software is the way the information is displayed, it seems clunky and could use some polish.