• Pros

• "I like how user friendly and customizable this software is. has been easy and relatively straight forward to use for myself as administrator and my coworkers as general users."

• "This software is super easy to use and gained early traction and adoption because it is so user-friendly. One of the best features is the continuous feedback. It is well-used. "

• "It is fairly easy to use for booking time off and not overly complicated. I like having company documents available for everyone such as the employee manual and virtual benefits booklets. "

• Cons

• "We have had issues when updating vacation allotments before however the customer service team has always helped to resolve. "

• "Can't print out the org chart to share. Weights on goals are good but would prefer the option to put in hard KPI's and track to those instead."

• "Some of the review process' are more complicated and requires a "buy-in" from your top management to make sure people are using it"

Browse Sprigg Reviews

Joanna from UniPrint.net Corp

Makes Vacation Planning a breeze

Their Customer service has been great. We merged with another company and they provided new training for our new larger staff

Pros

We find that the ease of use for both admin and users are simple to use for the vacation tracking. it makes it easy to see at a glance allotments and usage

Cons

Response from SpriggHR

Replied July 2020

Many thanks for your post Joanna. Good to see the My Time feature is meeting your needs. We are here to support you at any time in creating that intuitive Review process experience - it's important to us any and all users can easily navigate the system and we honestly welcome your insights and further feedback. Thanks for taking the time and letting us know.

Kiersten from Pivotal Integrated HR Solutions

Useful but with some room for improvement

Sprigg has been pretty good and straight forward. I like the way we can modify performance reviews. The customer service has been good too.

Pros

Cons

This software isn’t set up for companies that have alternative work schedules like ones that work weekends. I nice feature to add would be issuing the schedule through this so that time off requests and schedules could be in one place.

Reasons for Choosing Sprigg

Dayforce is overly complicated and I use it at another company. The customer service with Dayforce has been terrible with problems with the programming that we keep having to go back with issues. Sprigg was also a partner with Pivotal so we are encouraged to suggest it to our clients.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Many thanks Kiersten, good to see that My Time Vacation Tracking is helpful to you and that the storage and access of documentation is utilized. We will soon be releasing an update that accommodates weekends!

Joy from CPSA

Review for organization

Medium

Pros

Ease for one place and all details team did not follow implementation had to force fit it

Cons

Lack of use of association using the tool but did force sit it which worked

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Thank you, Joy - your candour is appreciated. Please let us know how we can work more closely with you to improve the value to your organization.

MIke from Pivotal Integrated HR Solutions

High Value Product

In almost all of our applications we have simplifies and reduced administrative burden and costs compared to existing processes.

Pros

Ease to use, easy to customize fields to reflect your own needs, easy to train staff. Has all the features a SME employer will need. Management and Employee self serve is simple and effective

Cons

None to mention. We have worked with SPRIGG many years and have made suggestions. SPRIGG is very receptive to feedback and where there is a broader benefit have implemented the suggestions.

Reasons for Choosing Sprigg

We recommend and use SPRIGG with all of our HR customers. Helps us to provide a better HR service overall cost effectively.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied July 2020

Thanks so much Mike for your review of Sprigg. We are really pleased to hear about ease of use and the overall cost effectiveness for your clients. As you indicated, we are very open to suggestions and frankly, it's that kind of input that shapes our best practices. Thanks again and we look forward to continuing to support you and your Sprigg user needs.

Gavin from Pivotal Integrated HR Solutions

A Sensible Solution for Start-ups, Small and Mid-Sized Businesses

Overall I have found that Sprigg is relatively easy to administer, customize and train users on. The customer support is quite responsive and open to feedback, including development/enhancement requests.

Pros

Relatively easy to customize, implement and train users to start using right away. For users it is mostly intuitive and has lots of resources built in relating to Help and next-level customer support. The time-off program administration, performance appraisals and developmental/training plans are some of the most useful features to start using quickly.

Cons

It does not include a time and attendance system, which would be useful for hourly employees. Also the MyTime (time-off administration) feature is designed mostly for salaried employees that are allotted a set number of vacation or sick days at the beginning of the year. Currently it is somewhat cumbersome to update time-off allocation data for hourly employees that are set up to accrue time-off throughout the year.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied July 2020

Thanks Gavin! Great thoughts on the hourly function for the My Time feature - I know it's on deck to be added! Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Mary-Anne from NewRoads Automotive Group

Sprigg Review

Our overall experience with Sprigg has been great. It has helped us streamline our employee performance reviews and given us a formal process to follow. It assists us in remaining consistent and on track with completion reports. Ultimately, Sprigg provides a clean and straight forward process to give our employees the feedback they deserve.

Pros

I really like the fact that Sprigg is constantly evolving by adding various options and functions. Sprigg is user friendly, not complicated and customizable. The support staff at Sprigg are exceptional!! They are readily available and eager to answer and assist with any questions or concerns. They are great at connecting with users to update on new features that are included with the software.

Cons

Like any software there is a learning curve at the beginning. Any issues that we have had along the way have been addressed and quickly resolved.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied July 2020

Thank you Mary-Anne for your feedback. We have enjoyed working with you for a number of years now and it's clients like you who help shape our product's HR best practices. Always a pleasure to work with you!

Ron from Broe Real Estate Group

Easy to use system with tons of benefits

In general, being able to standardize the annual review and goal setting has been a huge benefit to our organization. Most of our employees rate Sprigg a 10 out of 10, so we have been very happy and would highly recommend to any organization.

Pros

The software provides a one-stop cloud-based platform for our annual performance evaluations and goal-setting process. The system is easily implemented across all of our departments and locations. This will be our fifth year using Sprigg, and having employee history all in one location makes for a very efficient process.

Cons

At times, the end-users struggle a bit with navigating the software. There are several ways to get to the same place within Sprigg, which is a benefit, but people do get confused as to how the process works. I've suggested a few changes to the software through the support desk. Sprigg seems receptive to implementing by suggestions, but that process has been slow to move forward.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied July 2020

Thanks very much Ron for your posted Review. Given our core business is Performance Management, it's great to see our clients utilizing and gaining the benefits of centralizing, accessing and managing employee data. Great feedback on speed of pace for changes, thank you for the heads up here - we will do a better job in pushing changes forward and keeping you in the loop. Great to hear the employees have received Sprigg so well - thanks again.

Tammy from Clearview Township

Sprigg Software Review from a long time user

For a small organization, this has really streamlined the performance review process! It makes the process so much easier for all that are involved.

Pros

What I like most is the ease of delivering the information to many users and guidance it gives to managers and employees on the importance and details of reviews and the parts of them.

Cons

What I like least about the software is there isn't a how to guide so to speak. I would like there to be more direction or a how-to manual for administrators instead of calling for help each time. I like flow chart of how the program is used, but it is also confusing.

Reasons for Choosing Sprigg

It was purchased prior to my arrival.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied December 2020

Thank you Tammy so much for your review! If you check the online Help Centre, you should be able to view lots of "How-To" guides including one for Administrators. Please let us know if you need anything! Thanks again :)

Caroline from Pivotal Solutions

A Great Tool for Managing Employee Performance, as well as, Time Management

Pros

Overall Sprigg is easy to use, set up and customize. It has a wide range of functionality, especially with regards to Performance Management including the ability to: set-up competencies, create and customize performance reviews based on company, team and individual goals, as well as, create one-on-one or team meetings in real time and to store all meeting minutes. Sprigg Time management is a great tool for managing employees time and attendance. The system is very user-friendly in comparison to other softwares and employees can log on from anywhere remotely and from any device. It is also easy to export and import reports into a MS Excel spreadsheet for data manipulation. Additionally it's ability to store company documents in one place for all employees to access is another great feature of Sprigg.

Cons

One of the features I would love to see is the ability to prorate vacation days within Sprigg time management.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Thanks Caroline, great to read about the ease of use and how customization flex allows for you to make it your own.

Sonja from Kingston Police

Industry: Law Enforcement

User-friendly product

Higher completion rates of performance evaluations have been achieved. Great help desk. Very willing to assist and follow-up on issues to ensure they are addressed and resolved.

Pros

Cons

If an employee moves to another position in the organization, the information has to be updated in more than one area of the software. It would be helpful if the information only needed to be input into one area and then update automatically across the system.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Thank you Sonja, it's been a real pleasure to work with you and the Officers over the years - we can work with you to ensure that data ports and relocated approriately!

Tyler from Ryonet Organization

Great for basic management

I like the software and for performance management, it works good. It's difficult when you have several systems and at times is seen as redundant to the team. We measure on hard number KPI's and those are hard to "weigh" in this system.

Pros

Love the ability to API with our system. We like the functionality of setting meetings and putting in goals.

Cons

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Many thanks for your candour Tyler, it's this kind of transparency that has us continually improving. API is no doubt an essential in this space! Thanks again

Wendy from Insurance Insight Inc

Sprigg Review

In my role, I simply need to use it to ensure my goals are met and to track vacations. I have used it for many years and it has been overall helpful to keep me on track.

Pros

I like the fact that I can refer to a system that tracks my goals set my management and that I get feedback from them through the year. I also like the vacation tracking feature to ensure that people are getting their days and there is no dispute on what is available.

Cons

I do not like when we have to work on our self evaluations at the end of the year. The goals and development plans could be intertwined to make it easier. I feel that some questions in each category are linked or repetitive. For Vacation tracking, I do not like that the End date does not change to the month entered in the start date and that you have to Submit for approval after you requested it.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied July 2020

Hi Wendy! Thank you so much for your feedback here - it's a great thought to tie Reviews and Dev Plans together. I believe we will make this an option in the Admin Panel as you are not the first to suggest this. By design, our original thinking was that Dev Plans could take place as a Succession Planning event or even a Performance development issue which is why they are currently separated from Reviews. I totally understand the link though as it keeps the whole Performance Management cycle continuous. Thanks again!

Monika from Pivotal Integrated HR Solutions

Great product!

Predominately use it for tracking vacation and leaves. It's a great offering for SMEs as they typically don't utilize bigger HRIS systems.

Pros

Tracking time off - vacations, sick days and other leaves. A lot of smaller companies use paper based still and this has made the process much more efficient.

Reasons for Choosing Sprigg

Company was not using anything prior. It's a good product to target the small/mid size companies that are not able to utilize or have the budget for a larger HRIS.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied July 2020

Thanks Monika for sharing your insights here - so great to hear from our clients on all aspects of the product and to have your feedback for the Client Service Team - they really are a great group who care.

Carly from Zip Telecom Incorporated

Sprigg Feedback

very positive

Pros

Cons

N/A. i only wish time off request emails had more details in the body of the email.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied December 2020

Thank you Carly for your review, it makes us so happy to hear that people find it so user friendly!

Jane from Energy+ Inc.

User Friendly

We have been longer term users of Sprigg and have been able to work with the Sprigg Team to upgrade based on our needs internally. Makes the system more availalbe to the users.

Pros

We appreciate that after the Administrative setup is completed we can align our objective to the Strategic Plan Goals identified. It is easy to insert objectives and then complete mid'year reviews. It is also very easy to review your Teams Goals and provide feedback.

Cons

I would like to be able to push back goals for updates or edits from an Administrator position.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Many thanks Jane, couldn't agree more: aligned objectives are critical in any organization along with tracking progress of results - glad to be working with you and your team

Paul from Energy+ Inc.

A VP from a Utility Review of Sprigg

For the most part, very good experience. It is better than some other solutions that I have used in the past.

Pros

The software is quite customisable for the organization. We can make it fit our needs to capture those areas of greatest concern/need for truly measuring staff performance

Cons

It is a little "clunky" for moving around. It takes a little while to get used to moving about in the software and when it is not something that you use daily or weekly, is a little bit frustrating. Once in the software and using it, it becomes a little more intuitive.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Thanks for your review Paul and your thoughts around customization. Using the app regularly no doubt will increase the ease of use!

Sona from Insurance Insight Inc

Sprigg Support is A+

Sprigg helps us track and see vacation across the organization.

Pros

The vacation tracking is the most useful feature.

Cons

The performance management module isn't as intuitive as it could be.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied July 2020

Thank you Sona for taking the time to create a review for SpriggHR. I know that our GM has reached out to you directly to learn how we can create a more intuitive Review experience - it's our goal to ensure the simplicity of Sprigg for all users. We look forward to continuing to connect and bridging any gaps in our product experience. Great to see our Support Team is responding and being communicative. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

Heather from SNGRDC

Good Software but has limitations

Sprigg personnel were very helpful. They were always available to answer questions and provide solutions to our requests. The software was very customizable and user friendly.

Pros

It was capable of doing all our customizations required by or organization. Administration was fairly simple.

Cons

Having to add another software platform to train team members on. Would prefer to use a more complete HRMS for our size company. I believe this is better suited to smaller businesses who may not require full HRMS.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Many thanks Heather - your feedback is critical and suggestions are extremely important - we are here to listen!

Sana from The Simple Investor

User Friendly

Pros

I like that it is very user friendly and organized. Keeping track of vacations and sick time is a breeze with this software. Being able to upload important documents that is accessible to everyone in the company has always been important and Sprigg helps keep everything organized and readily available.

Cons

No major cons. Making it easier to organize teams.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Thank you so much Sana for your review - we absolutely love to hear how clients can leverage the application features for managing critical data and communications!

Michelle from Energy+ Inc.

Organized Performance Management Software

Prior to Sprigg we were using Microsoft Word Docs, now we have automated tracking of requirements, electronic storage retrieval, reporting, etc. Nice to be able to go back to past reviews quickly. Less paper!

Pros

Process flow - setting goals, goal progress updates, check-ins, self/leader evaluations. email notifications archive file storage

Cons

stand-alone system - no integration. Another software tool to train, learn, monitor and we still require some manual work with compensation and incentive calculations.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Hi Michelle, thanks for your review here - upon reading your comments, it would be great to show you around the app some more as we do have integration and compensation tools! I see that more our responsibility to communicate - good to know we need to increase awareness

Barbara from Energy+ Inc.

Industry: Oil & Energy

Sprigg - Team Progress at my fingerstips

Good tracking tool, allows the Manager to review year over year accomplisments for each of their team members.

Pros

Ease of entering information. Ability to request progress reports. Ability to respond to team's entries.

Cons

Product not always intuitive, year over year, would be better to have a drop down to select year you are looking at. Reduce the number of different pages/areas.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Many thanks Barbara for your review - we are always happy to hear info is readily accessible.

BAdri from PIVOTAL Integrated HR Solutions

Pivotal Integrated HR Solutions

Eliminating paper based tracking of vacation, performance management

Pros

Powerful with Vacation tracking, simplified performance management process and one stop solution for all company related documents.

Cons

I wish SPRIGG can add online time keeping module for payroll

Response from SpriggHR

Replied July 2020

Thank you so much for your review Badri. We enjoy working with you and your colleagues to bring your clients the flexibility in both product and price.

Shawn from Energy+ Inc.

S. Jackson Review

Pros

It keeps a record of milestones and helps keep track.

Cons

Reviews get locked unexpectedly and manual printing and evaluation is required.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Thanks very much Shawn, good to see you take advantage of the progress tracker. Your time to complete the review is appreciated.

Grace from Energy+ Inc.

Grace Williams

Very Positive

Pros

The ability to conduct performance evaluations using automation.

Cons

Supervisor doesn't always meet you face to face.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Thank you so much Grace, we've enjoyed working with you and appreciate that the application is helping to get reviews done.

Bruce from Round13 Capital

Industry: Investment Management

Great product, very simple to use and take little time to navigate-saved us a lot of time vs paper

We cut our time way down on getting reviews turned around. We were able to pull reports and keep up an eye on other managers input - feedback was way up and people were talking a lot more

Pros

Time savings, reduced paper-shuffle, easy to see where the goals are at progress-wise and ability to link the employee goals to corporate goals

Cons

Can't think of anything specific - maybe some videos to help remind me on how to make use of certain features - great if client service was available in Spanish

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Thanks Bruce, we've worked together a lot of years and your ongoing input has always helped us up our game!

Michael from The NewRoads Automotive Group

Management accountability

We were early adopters but overall experience has been positive - Both from a functionality and support perspective.

Pros

Created the discipline within our organization to formalize meaningful Associate Performance Reviews while encouraging two way dialogue between Manager and subordinate.

Cons

Can't really think of anything. Would need to canvas some of my people for their opinions.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Michael, many thanks - as our longest standing client, it's always so reaffirming that Reviews continue to push forward as do performance conversations.

September 2015

Jim from IGPC Ethanol

September 2015

It has been an unexpected pleasure to work with this application. Implementation was painless.

The overall design is very simple to use; within a very short time our employees were logged into the system writing goals. And for the first time in years we were able to track these goals and provide feedback on the quality of the submissions. It has actually pushed Managers to step up and provide more interaction and coaching on their team's priorities. The Sprigg system also has a Vacation Tracker which we absolutely love and has finally given us a handle on vacation allotments and carry over. The Sprigg Social tool has encouraged far more communication and spot recognition activity. The system keeps on getting better and improving. This is our fourth year to renew and we are what I would describe as "customers for life" - well done SpriggHR! Jim Grey - CEO IGPC Ethanol

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Thank you, Jim - in our conversations you have told us that "thanks to Sprigg, you don't worry about HR anymore" which is the best feedback of all!

Stephen from Canadian Professional Sales Association

My User Experience with SPRIGG

From a employee perspective, SPRIGG helps me streamline communication with my manager. As a Talent Management tool, I think it has potential. However, I haven't had much experience using it for these reasons yet.

Pros

I mainly utilize SPRIGG to book my vacation days. I find SPRIGG is great in helping me to manage my vacation days and streamlining the communication with my manager. It's very simple and easy to use!

Cons

When I log on to SPRIGG, there are many features available. However, without being trained on them, it's difficult to understand how to use them.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Hi Stephen, glad to hear the My Time feature is useful along with promoting better communication! We do offer an extensive series of HR options - when possible, try to visit the Help Centre on top navigation bar, you will find all kinds of info here on any and all features.

Mike from Energy+ Inc.

Industry: Utilities

Simple interface, but needs efficiency updates

Pros

Simple interface, somewhat easy to use. Certainly better than excel equivalents.

Cons

Lot's of clicks and steps to update a single goal.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

thanks for your feedback Mike - the user interface simplicity is very important to us, good to see that translates.

Allison from Energy+ Inc

Spring is very helpful

Pros

Setting goals and update features No paperwork Push notifications to supervisor

Cons

Clearer help function for example built in how to videos on most common activities

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Thank you Allison, great to hear the goals and update features are helping! Video based library makes sense for user help! Thanks again!

Leah from Joy Bible Camp

SpriggHR is Fantastic

SpriggHR is helping us to become more organized and providing accountability for our organization in our goal setting and timelines for employee reviews.

Pros

SpriggHR is changing our workplace and helping to organize our organization in a way that we have never had before. The features that we have used so far and very intuitive.

Cons

Right now I have not found any aspect of the software that I do not like or find difficult to navigate.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Thank you Leah! so great to read that Sprigg is helping you get your organization on track!

Travis from CPSA

My Review of Sprigg

Pros

Easy to schedule days off & keep track of goals.

Cons

The only issue I encountered was booking hours off, not full or half days.

Response from SpriggHR

Replied November 2020

Many thanks Travis, always good to hear that goals are front and centre with progress tracking utilized. We are actually getting ready to release a half-day scheduler!