SurePayroll

SurePayroll Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"On those few occasions I had a question, SurePayroll was easy to contact and quickly resolved my questions. I've used both telephone support and live chat, and both were great."
  • icon"Easy to use for the administrator and even the set up is very simple to complete. Online clock integrations makes it easier to use."
  • icon"It takes me minutes to run payroll at most. User friendly, great support if I have questions, and easy for my employees to use."
  • icon"I have been unable to get this issue corrected. The support emails go to this black hole with no tracking, as there is no Inbox built into the portal."
  • icon"I get charged for last minute payroll when i forget to dot it by the deadline."
  • icon"Some of the terminology is a bit confusing, but I have no real complaints."

Have you used SurePayroll and would like to share your experience with others?

All SurePayroll Reviews

Easy to use and great value

Pros

easy to use for the administrator and even the set up is very simple to complete. online clock integrations makes it easier to use.

Cons

none. overall it works great and no issues

Response from SurePayroll

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Lisa

Payroll Software

I love the fact that if someone loses their W2 for taxes or needs copies of their W2s or paystubs it's literally at their fingertips. There's no waiting to hear back from an accountant. As long as you have your user name and password, you're good to go.

Pros

I like the fact that everything is done online and there's really no need for phone communication unless there's a problem. I get it done fast, and all tax info is right at my fingertips and there's no waiting for your accountant to get back to you on that information.

Cons

I honestly feel that there is no improvement needed. I know no one is perfect, but this company truly knows what they are doing. Their software is so easy to use and very convenient. This can be done anywhere!

Reasons for choosing SurePayroll

The price was right and I felt like there was more available at my fingertips than what they offered. I would rather put in my information and not have to deal with a company verbally every time something needs to be done.

Response from SurePayroll

Lisa, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Sean

Surepayroll DEVASTATED my business. DO NOT USE if you care about compliance

We are trying to navigate the remote working situation as many business are I imagine. It is a grey area which state to tax employees in as the company is based in California and some of our workers decided to reside in other states. One employee decided to stay in New York, so we decided to amend his returns to reflect his NYC residence, seemed like the right thing to do. Surepayroll charged a large fee for this amendment. I then received a $27,000 fine from New York for not having workers comp insurance. Now the NY website says teachers don't need workers comp, which makes sense as our tutors teach on their computer in the bedroom and have no chance of injury. However as an out of state business it turns out they require it for all employees. Surepayroll gave NO guidance on compliance whatsoever. Once I received the fine they did NOTHING to help me resolve it, other than send an insurance salesperson my way. All decent payroll firms help with compliance, switch to Gusto they force you to be in compliance before you set up an account. This fine is forcing us to close our doors in New York. The entire reason I pay a payroll service is to help navigate situations like this. Using this service is probably the worst business decision I've ever made. I now owe $27,000 to NY which I absolutely don't have and don't expect to have anytime soon. This has been devastating. Surepayroll made it clear that they could care less about resolving the issue.

Pros

Somewhat easy to use, though the website is really cheap looking.

Cons

They do not assist with state compliance at all.

Price

Response from SurePayroll

Sean, we are sorry that your experience with SurePayroll didn't quite meet your expectations. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please contact us at feedback@surepayroll.com or call our support team at 877-956-7873 so we can gather some additional information. We'll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Replied February 2021

August 2022

Appreciative of The Ease that is SurePayroll

Pros

Surepayroll puts me at ease, knowing that once our time is submitted, the staff will be alerted via email that a paystub has been formed, and they will automatically be direct deposited - always without issue!

Cons

Switching to Surepayroll was difficult, as the onboarding directions are a bit confusing.

Reasons for switching to SurePayroll

We made the switch to save money and also find a better experience, which we did!

Cherie

Industry: Medical Devices

Definitely recommend SurePayroll

Pros

We chose SurePayroll because we opened a second location in another state and the service we were using at that time could not handle multiple states. SurePayroll is easy to use, efficient, handles employees in multiple states, has great customer service, and is cost effective. It was also easy to set up when changing from another company. On those few occasions I had a question, SurePayroll was easy to contact and quickly resolved my questions. I've used both telephone support and live chat, and both were great. I would definitely recommend SurePayroll!

Cons

No cons. We've been using the software for almost 2 years, and have been very happy with both the software and the customer service.

Reasons for switching to SurePayroll

We were happy with Square Payroll, but we opened a second location in another state and needed a payroll solution that could handle employees in two states.

Response from SurePayroll

Cherie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Leslie

Best Payroll Company Around

I have used other payroll services and can say honestly SurePayroll is the best I've ever used. They have an easy system and their customer service is the best I've ever worked with.

Pros

It's easy to use once you are set up. Customer service is always quick to help and ALWAYS friendly. I can always easily find any reports I may need easily and it is so user friendly.

Cons

I honestly haven't had any issues with the software. I only had some issues when getting signed up.

Reasons for choosing SurePayroll

SurePayroll dealt with the tax filings and all the docs I need and kept me from getting in trouble.

Reasons for switching to SurePayroll

SurePayroll was a little cheaper and offered more services that I needed.

Response from SurePayroll

Leslie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Tina

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Value

Overall great product. I highly reccoend this platform.

Pros

Great value for the cost. Excellent customer service.

Cons

Reports can not be customized and there are limited standard reports.

Reasons for choosing SurePayroll

I need Customer Service to answer technical payroll questions. Sure Payroll has awesome customer service; quick response time with knowledgeable team. Calling QuickBooks would take hours.

Cost

Response from SurePayroll

Tina, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Emily

A Happy Customer

Excellent!

Pros

Being a small business owner requires me to wear a lot of hats. SurePayroll helps make my payroll processing hat very easy! I'm so thankful for the ease and attention of SurePayroll.

Cons

The week-to-week ease cannot be beat. My only con with the software was a tax form mishap when I first transferred over.

Reasons for choosing SurePayroll

I chose SurePayroll for the comprehensive aspect of their product and the competitive pricing for small businesses.

Response from SurePayroll

Emily, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Priscilla

Exactly what I needed in a payroll service

Great customer service, ease of use, simple navigation and customer service is always available. With me being a small business owner the monthly fees are great and within range.

Pros

Time clock feature is simple and easy to use and navigate. I really like the geolocation feature. It allows me to give the employees the ability to clock in using their cell phones while providing the location of the actual punch.

Cons

I have not experienced any dislikes thus far

Reasons for choosing SurePayroll

Fees and options that I have within my control without needing customer support

Response from SurePayroll

Priscilla, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Josh

July 2022

Have been trying to cancel for 6 months

They are associated with RunPayRoll.com, this is just an 'updated' version, same login. Anyways, my business closed its doors at the end of 2021, in January I started trying to get my W-2s out and was unable to login to the site. I kept getting a security error come up and ask me to verify via text or call.. No worries. But they never came in, I tried multiple times. I called their support, waited on the phone for over an hour (it was during peak season but still). Finally I was able to at least get the W2s sent to me and was told to cancel my account I needed to login and do it. Again, can't login because the system was not sending out text/calls to my number. They even verified and confirmed it was the right number. The support person told me to email in to request cancellation, the email back said "Login to the system and cancel from there." I emailed back, saying I couldn't and I'm not going to spend another 2 hours on the phone trying to cancel. That was in Feburary, and since then they've been taking money out of my account each month even with NO employees in the system. Finally I got someone on the phone and they canceled my account once we went through the steps that I'd done 100x by now to try and login. So from Feb-July I was paying for a system that did not work, would not even let me login. I've requested a refund, but yeah that probably won't happen. Stay away, this is really a bad business. Especially when dealing with payroll.

Pros

When in business, it was easy to login and approve payroll

Cons

Their customer support is the worse I've ever encountered.

Ashish

Better of the worse - No customer service

I was with Gusto for one month, and came right back because as the title of my review is "Worse of the worsts."

Pros

SurePayroll has been around for a long time. I used to run payroll for my company with over thirty employee, back in 2004. The portal had always been user friendly and full of features I needed like multi-state filing etc. Now, I use the portal to conduct payroll for just myself.

Cons

SurePayroll has been charging me $55 per month for payroll. Their website (SurePayroll.com/pricing) clearly states $29.99 per month + $5 per employee. Since I use QuickBooks integration, that is additional $4.99, which should bring my bill to $40 per month. I have been unable to get this issue corrected. The support emails go to this black hole with no tracking, as there is no Inbox built into the portal. They try to resolve issues by calling you back at their schedule, which may not be convenient to you. Calling them back and finding a human to talk to, is almost impossible during the tax season. Most issues like mine can be simply resolved over an email exchange. Support used to be great during the original [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] time. Since PayChex took it over, the support has gone down the tube. I won't be surprised if PayChex's end game is to merge the product with PayChex Flex. The company address still says Glenview IL, however, the letters sent to this address are being forwarded to PayChex's corporate office in Rochester NY. Don't expect a reply from there. There is a guy, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at SurePayroll, who always responds to a negative review. I even sent him an email to ask the correct corporate address. He never responded.

Response from Paychex

Ashish, we are sorry that your experience with SurePayroll didn't quite meet your expectations. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please contact us at feedback@surepayroll.com or call our support team at 877-956-7873 so we can gather some additional information. We'll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Replied April 2021

Industry: Writing and Editing

Easy, Peasy with SurePayroll

My experience has been great, and when I've needed customer service they have been helpful. However, recently I had to get Cust. Ser to fix something regarding payment of a tax that is no longer a valid tax in the state. I believe that I sent whatever notification I received about our payroll taxes to them. I was not aware of this, but our CPA pointed it out while they were doing the monthly books. I think that Sure Payroll screwed up and they gladly said they would do what was needed to get the money refunded. They FAILED to tell me that that service would cost $200.00. My refund was only $126.00. I would have skipped it... or done the refiling myself. All of a sudden I see a $200 deduction from our checking account from them. I called and was told why and offered no explanation as to why I wasn't told. I'm sure it's in the terms and stuff... but I really think this misfiling was their fault. Anyway, that is my major complaint.

Pros

Set up was extremely easy. Sure Payroll did every thing for me, practically. Using the software every other week is simple and when I want to add something, it is relatively easy to do. I highly recommend it and it is a very good value.

Cons

Some of the terminology is a bit confusing, but I have no real complaints.

Reasons for choosing SurePayroll

Price and promised ease of use/support.

Response from SurePayroll

David, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience with SurePayroll didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to feedback@surepayroll.com with any further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us a chance.

Stephen

Used for Nanny

Their customer service is great. Whenever I have had a problem (whether it be a self inflicted one or a error on their end), the staff has been great and very helpful!

Pros

The phone application for processing payroll is very easy to use and is a great tool for people on the go.

Cons

The website is difficult to use as it has a lot more uses and tools than I probably need for the limited payroll I have to perform.

Response from SurePayroll

Stephen, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Laura

Industry: Fine Art

Highly Recommend Sure Payroll

Had a great experience. If all I needed was to run payroll I would still be there.

Pros

We used Surepayroll for many years and only left recently in an effort to centralize our HR processes. I actually miss their extremely competent customer service people. If you are looking for payroll services, look no further.

Cons

One of the things that was annoying was not being able to run an off cycle payroll without spending a fortune. We have multiple locations and cutting a check for an advance or missed payroll is a huge hassle and pain. I would prefer a monthly fee and to be able to use the platform as needed.

Response from SurePayroll

Laura, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Replied February 2020