All SurveyMonkey Reviews

Kristi

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001 - 5,000 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed December 2023

SurveyMonkey Review: Is A Turn Key Tool.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Easy and Cost Effective

Overall, I highly recommend Survey Monkey for quick and easy survey creation. Even at the free version level, there are a variety of quality features that will make this program very useful for both collecting and analyzing data. The interface is incredibly user friendly, and when used in tandem with the mobile app, this product is very convenient and effective for basic survey needs.

PROS

The Survey Monkey platform gives you a variety of ways to customize your surveys, including multiple choice, short answer, and true/false. It also allows you to easily duplicate previous surveys so that you are not re-creating templates you wish to use regularly. The platform also provides excellent analytics for reviewing responses and trends so that you can better understand and track the results of your surveys. The option to make surveys anonymous is also extremely beneficial for more sensitive topics. The best part is, all of this functionality is available through the free version of the platform. The mobile app is also incredible accessible and easy to use.

CONS

The ability to truly customize your survey (logs, fonts, footers, etc.) is strictly reserved to paid subscriptions. The free version of the application gives you up to a maximum of 10 questions, so unless you want to pay the monthly fee, your surveys need to be very concise. For business use, a monthly subscription requires a minimum of three users at $25 per user. This cost adds up quickly, so unless you are implementing surveys very regularly, you may not see the full value.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

The free version had a majority of the features we need to periodic use.

FAIBREY

Farming, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Data Collection and Analysis Master

It has simplified to a great extent on how we gather information from our customers and employees. It has improved on time taken to complete a research topic, materials needed for the task, saving costs and accuracy of collected data.

PROS

The first beautiful thing I like is that their website and the mobile application are very responsive and have a great user interface that enables us to complete tasks in a short period of time. On features, I am impressed that it gives me well made templates on how i want my questionnaire to look like. I do not need special designing skills as everything is already set and I just need to input my questions and type of responses to be expected. Previously, we did not have many formatting options on questions and answers but now the vendor is working hard in making sure that they simplify everything for us. After deploying our questionnaires, we do not need much time to group and analyse data as everything comes already grouped and analysed. We just need to interpret the results to ensure both employee and customer satisfaction.

CONS

The only time I had troubles was when i was using the mobile application to create a questionnaire and I closed the app before completion. All my work was lost as it did not save it automatically and I had to start again. Another problem is that it does not allow work to be done offline.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

SurveyMonkey is simple to use and it had great interface. It also runs frequent promotions that enable us to save.

Reviewed April 2024

Veery Disappointed Wasted entire day on a survey then simply stopped trying to use. Wont refund my money

Very poor in terms of ability to construct a survey and with customer support. Never did finish a survey and have asked for my $300 to be returned. I was told no.

PROS

Nothing at all was good about it. Very disappointing

CONS

Not at all intuitive Hard to work with the technology

Filip

Higher Education, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Online survey tool for simple form creation and analyses

With bunch of templates and easy steps to embed survey on website you can start to collect feedback in no time.

PROS

SurveyMonkey is well known online platform for survey creation and deployment. It is fast and easy to use with prepared templates for most occasions.

CONS

Brand design is paid version but alternatives like Google forms have that in free version.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

Some options are better on Survey monkey.

Abhuday

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Software to create absorbing online survey ,quiz and feedback forms.

It is very helpful tool and every one should have an at least free account.

PROS

You can create survey for events, course evaluation, university instructor evaluation, event feedback, contact information.It's better option than google form and most of the features are free to use.Very efficient solution for university and colleges.

CONS

Some more features like sliders and ranking should be added in free plan to make it more effective.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

It is more cost effective and efficient for personal use.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

Slider, Ranking and Rating scale option are very useful for creating MCQ .Question Bank is very helpful to get the right question for the survey.

Atour

Research, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Productivity is increased by using the extensive toolkit to quickly and easily produce surveys.

Providing surveys to our employees and gathering their answers while maintaining the anonymity of identifiable information proved to be a challenging task. Additionally, it was difficult to convince staff members to devote the necessary time to finish them.

PROS

Based on survey responses from our clients, it helps to enhance the classes taught by certain teachers. It was useful to us in determining the interest level of a group of people in teaching. It is a fantastic opportunity for us to interact with staff members and get their opinions before making decisions that could affect them, or simply to find out what they think of particular features or improvements made to the company.

CONS

designs for surveys. More design possibilities is something I would like to see presented. Although mostly easy to use, it can be challenging to navigate. It may be difficult for smaller companies to fully utilize the tool due to the basic plan's lack of sophisticated capabilities.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

To verify how the approval process functions in real time, I typically need to conduct a few test runs.

Habibah

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Gather survey and opinion

SurveyMonkey really helping me to collect data and opinion from user easily. It also has increase the rate of people that are participating to the survey as the survey form is quickly loaded and user do not have to wait for the survey page to fully loaded unlike other survey software.

PROS

SurveyMonkey has a very good survey structure that i find it is easy to building a survey form or poll with it. It adopt a drag and drop system to building the survey and no coding or technical skills needed to create a functional survey form. The survey result are presented in data visualization which really help me to see the data-set easier.

CONS

The template for poll survey form is limited and not have many choices unlike the survey form template. They should add more template for it as i am using more poll survey form than the regular survey form. It will also make the expensive premier plan more beneficial for me.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

Google Forms has less feature that are suitable for deploying survey form.

Miha

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Survey Monkey for Staff and Projects

We use it regularly for various reasons and it has surved us well. We sometimes use Google Survey but for more official work we always use SM. Its a recognized platform that many know how to use.

PROS

Easy to use. Intuitive. Surveys are visually appealing and we can customize as needed for project and audience.

CONS

Sometimes I wish there were suggestions because we get stuck on which format for a question is best. The overall platform is great, no complaints.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

It came out first, is well known, easy to use.

Essence

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Standing Strong

PROS

I still truly like Survey Monkey. Although I use other survey software more frequently, per university requirement, I still tend to go back given quality ergonomic features.

CONS

I think other survey platforms were a bit easier to use and disseminate with less of learning curve, especially among students who are learning how to use survey data.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

They were a bit easier to disseminate among students.

Muhammad

Events Services, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed January 2024

Best Survey and Poll App

I personally like SurveyMonkey for all my office needs. We have almost 200+ employees so SurveyMonkey helps us in polling.

PROS

The interface and easy to make surveys and Polls

CONS

We had a poll in our office for the new internet connection provider and it gives a very good result in polling.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

it was the only best option i knew in the market

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

excel was so hard to make the survey and polls

Ben

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Aesthetically pleasing, effective, and highly customizable

Overall, I'm highly satisfied with SurveyMonkey for our organization's needs. Working for a social organization, our marketing efforts deviate from the standard corporate or business needs. One of our biggest efforts is receiving feedback from programming or educational content and SurveyMonkey has been instrumental in allowing us to do that.

PROS

Having used other products similar to SurveyMonkey, I can safely say that SurveyMonkey is one of the most aesthetically pleasing. Its customization allows for branding and personalizing forms to keep marketing efforts in-line with brand standards.

CONS

To have access to more robust analytics, it requires a higher paid plan, which is unfortunate. Paying for a mid-tier option, it feels like those analytics should be included.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

I think SurveyMonkey's ease of access, user-friendly interface, and affordability were all considered in making this the final selection for our organization.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

Our desire to make the switch to SurveyMonkey is contained within the name; surveys. Wufoo was a little more form-dense, while SurveyMonkey was better for surveying and engaging our members and soliciting their feedback. It was simply a better fit for our needs.

Shaun

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2021

The original easy to use tool, now with a ton more features and functionality.

Overall SurveyMonkey is still our go-to tool for measuring employee experience and receiving feedback, while the simple visualizations of our data has proven to be a big bonus in analyzing the data to make decisions around which actions to take to action the data.

PROS

The SurveyMonkey tool has evolved from its original format to grow exponentially in the number of features it offers, but has maintained its core value proposition which has always been ease of use. Understanding the layout and how to build surveys is easy and straightforward, and a quick search of the help materials can explain more intricate functionality that you may want (such as customization and survey logic.) From there SurveyMonkey has evolved to include excellent dashboards to visually display and share the live survey results with others. This feature is especially useful for providing senior leaders insight into the data without having to send around static documents that may change as more responses are received.

CONS

The licensing and pricing structure can initially be confusing and the way individual user data is stored makes it difficult to move from multiple small accounts to a large enterprise account without a lot of consolidation work.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

Ease of Use. Dashboard Visualizations. Variety of options to send surveys. How customizable it is.

Eva

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Does it's Job, but not always the job you want

Overall I think Survey Monkey is a great tool for those doing general surveys, market research, customer research and some evaluation feedback. However for those looking to do actual data mining- I would go with a more sophisticated system like Qualtrics.

PROS

Survey Monkey is an easy platform to use. Many questions are already built into the program if you need them. The platform is user-friendly and allows for different formats of questions. It also allows you to add logic (ie: if they answer this, then go to that) formats. You can also add design elements so that you can brand it to your company. Sending out the surveys is also made simple, in that you can send a link, load a group into the program or a variety of other methods.

CONS

I have a problem with this software when it comes to analyzing my results. For one, I do not like the options they give you around exporting the data. I wish their was more customization around this. Especially when I have very specific data I want to compare, the .xls is formatted in a way that I have to go in and edit each individual question. I wish I could choose exactly the data I want to export so that I can easily develop my own graphs vs. having to rely on the survey monkey versions. I also wish their was an option to build out a .pdf of the data in a way that works for me. I would MUCH rather edit a .pdf as I am am building out my data story then have to go in an edit each individual question again. I just wish their were more ways to build out data vizualization pieces after the data is collected.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

I ended up choosing Survey Monkey because my company has been using it longer and is more affordable.

Kristen

Biotechnology, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

It does the job but leaves much to be desired.

I’m glad it exists - it helped me make surveys. But even though you are grateful for it, you can still bemoan it’s terrible ability to be used by a team, and it’s reliance on the perfect survey maker.

PROS

It’s easy to make multiple surveys and it prompts you to customize them. The surveys look great and encourage people to take them!

CONS

The team function works terribly. It was impossible for multiple people to edit the survey prior to sending and it also doesn’t check for question accuracy. For example, a question that’s clearly a checkbox in the sound of it should not be able to be published if checkboxes aren’t an option for it.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

Survey monkey had a better interface and there was more customization possible.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

They didn’t look professional enough and didn’t seem secure.

Rhiannon

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

Free version has limitations but gets the job done

I have used survey monkey for nonprofit and for-profit business purposes. In both experiences I found participant interaction and completion to be quite steady thanks to the attractive UI. Were I to create surveys on a regular basis I would probably find myself coughing up the cash so I could keep the data and run a variety of reports. The data is solid, but keeping it with the free version is difficult.

PROS

This app provides more options than other free counterparts like Google. It’s also for more aesthetically pleasing ‘s and I found clients more likely to participate with a survey monkey survey than others.

CONS

Exporting data is difficult with the free version. They also don’t maintain the information in their database past a certain number of months. It’s not impossible Since members can pay for more features, but free sole proprietor who can’t afford a pricey subscription it can be rather limiting.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

There is a far more visually attractive UI in Survey Monkey I found engage my participants more. It’s also a relief to use a platform that isn’t owned by Google, and I think some participants are more willing to share with a smaller company dedicated to surveys rather than a huge conglomerate like Google.

Amy

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Translating Member Needs into Useful Data

Our non-profit homeschooling group uses SurveyMonkey as a tool for members to voice their needs. Our annual Member Survey allows the Board of Directors to hear from the entire group about how the organization has served them in the past, and what they would like to organize in the future. Electronic polling allows members far and near to participate in the the decision-making process whether or not they can attend an in-person meeting. Project-specific surveys help narrow down focus, finances, and participation.

PROS

Survey Monkey allows our Board of Directors to gather input from members quickly and efficiently. Questions can be tailored to provide data that powers decision-making on behalf of a diverse group.

CONS

We struggle to share access to features across our group of 8. It is awkward to collaborate in the creation process when developing our annual Member Survey. It would be handy to have a group access function to enable our leadership team to contribute and modify questions communally.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

Survey Monkey nicely summarizes our data and provides useful, readable points of measure in terms leadership can translate into actionable results.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

We like the expanded question style bank and data-gathering options available in Survey Monkey.

Timmy

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Superior to Google Forms

I use Surveymonkey in emails to determine best meeting times and practice. Also, our internal team leaves a survey active on our website so users can rate and provide feedback on our current software and patches.

PROS

I like that any Surveymonkey user can call their help center if there's some sort of problem or question. Nothing like that for Google Forms. Also, upgrading SurveyMonkey allows surveys to be hosted on websites, which is great for regular-recurring meetings.

CONS

I did not like the "custom" charts that were available for premium users. I was hoping to have more control over the type and aesthetic of the chart produced.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

Google Forms did not have enough maneuverability and required too much direct link-sharing to access some surveys.

1,001-5,000 employees