What are talentReef users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using talentReef software through verified user reviews

• icon"TalentReef will then push our personal site out to many of the job search engines on the Internet. There software is also an all-in-one solution for our on-boarding needs."
  • icon"I love that I have assessments included in the price."
  • icon"This software is very user friendly and we like that it brings quality applicants to us."
  • icon"It was very difficult to stop employee reviews and disciplinary forms in order for the rep to receive and sign them."
  • icon"They often point you to their weekly training webinars and online resources to figure things out. Most of our users have found this product unnecessarily frustrating to use."
  • icon"This is the worst software platform I have EVER used. Every day there are errors."

Browse all talentReef Reviews

• Have you used talentReef and would like to share your experience with others?

Ross

Industry: Restaurants

All-in-one and easy to learn.

TalentReef has been a positive experience since we came over to them. Our HR staff have become much more efficient with talent management since making the switch. Their product has changed many handwritten tasks into completely digital processes. Some of the tasks that we used to have to do in person with a new hire are now able to be completed before they even come in for their first day. We strongly recommend considering TalentReef if you have any doubts or concerns about the current system you are using. You won’t be disappointed!

Pros

TalentReef allowed us to create a personalized hiring website that helps us stand out from other companies. TalentReef will then push our personal site out to many of the job search engines on the Internet. There software is also an all-in-one solution for our on-boarding needs. For our administrators, they are able to select applications, schedule interviews, leaves interview notes, hire, complete the full on-boarding process, and then continue to document employee issues and other events for potential future use. This software helps our team remain professional and ensures that we properly document any employee issues that can then be used in the case of firing an employee or dealing with inquiries from unemployment service.

Cons

TalentReef can be slightly confusing at first. Because there are so many features, the learning process can take some time. They do offer great support however to help ensure each client is supported in a timely manner. We recommend spending time just going over their training pages to familiarize yourself with the software. Your experience with the software will be all the better for it.

Reasons for choosing talentReef

Their product best met our needs while still being affordable and high quality.

Reasons for switching to talentReef

More cost efficient and met our needs better in than Snagajob did. TalentReef is a much more robust software that increased our visibility and made the on-boarding process more efficient.

Mandy

I like it because I learned it

My overall experience it was OK. It was not terrible as it could be as some other systems I’ve learned were a nightmare. The system was once you learned it not so bad and easy to get through.

Pros

The pro to this is I took the time to learn and make my own notes on it. I made my own training guide I had communicated with their customer service enough to where I knew a lot of the answers to the problems that were being had amongst our candidates that were calling in and our supervisor so I could help. Problems were daily so my pro would be that I knew what I was doing because I had to learn. I think the notes in the system are great because you can go in and add and it takes the dates down and you could add as many notes as you want I do Not like the fact that you could edit a note that means anybody can edit or disturb whatever note that you have written beside yourself. Sometimes the The system freezes and I know it will go on a wrong person‘s profile as well.

Cons

I like the fact least that you cannot export to a spreadsheet. I also didn’t like how there was no option to either select a majority of candidates on there and either send a mass message to all of them or letter email stating they were declined or sending them an email showing them that I received your application.

Talentreef was part of a nationwide rollout for our brand. I am a franchise/local admin for this.

We are still using this software, more out of necessity than the fact that we enjoy using it. I would not recommend it to anyone who does not require it. This is because the product seems unfinished and the interface is buggy.

Pros

There are a multitude of HR features that come with this product. It has the ability to accept applicant input from multiple hiring sites (corporately owned, Indeed, Snagajob etc). You can setup permissions for many different types of user accounts (HR manager, admin, general manager, etc.).

Cons

There are too many steps to accomplish the basics. There might be a way to save multiple steps into a single custom button, but I have yet to find this. The company may have very few customer service representatives or just not like to take the time to respond to requests. They often point you to their weekly training webinars and online resources to figure things out. Most of our users have found this product unnecessarily frustrating to use. As a result, there is a low adoption rate among our multi-unit franchise.

Lauren

February 2022

Small business Buyer Beware

Awful. I feel like I was promised a workflow savior and was 100% duped. I am locked in the contract for a year. Paying $400 a month, for almost nothing. As a small business owner I do not have an HR department or IT Department, etc. By signing up with Talentreef I have actually now created MORE work for myself trying to figure out how to use it. I also am paying a monthly fee for this hassle. Lastly, during the set up of the customization the implementation team set deadlines for me that if I missed they then told me to use the self service options. I don’t think it’s possible for me to convey how disappointed I am with this software. If I was to describe to you what this software is, it is a monthly fee that recruits so-so applicants. It gets their contact information, and then from there that is where the service ends and you do the rest on your own like you’ve always done. And when they tell you to “throw away your filing cabinet and replace it with a plant” don’t, because you’re still going to need your filing cabinet for all of your new hire forms and other employee documentation.

Pros

The software does bring in more applicants than Facebook ads and our website career page. However, the applicants often withdraw their applications from the app quickly. So there are many low quality, waste of time applicants.

Cons

The software is absolutely the opposite of intuitive. I am fairly computer savvy and this software is so difficult to learn. Also, perhaps I’m just really missing soemthing, but the promise that I would never miss getting a w4 again…. Ummm this software literally does not make new hires fill out a single thing. So, I still have to hold people for their w4s AND I AM STILL USING PAPER W4’s, because my new hires can’t actually access the software to fill out any new hire paperwork. Also, there is absolutely no way to enter notes on new applicants such as if you spoke with them, you can’t note what you spoke about. There’s a section that says “notes” but I haven’t been able to access it. I was also promised that I would be able to text applicants from the software directly. Nope, not a thing. I have to call and text all from my cell phone and then I can’t even attach notes about my correspondence. This software is so incredibly disappointing.

Kathleen

Recruitment Manager

I work for a company that has utilized Talent Reef for nearly a year. I have had an opportunity to see this product change and grow as it adds new clients. This product has been helpful for our organization as it has allowed us to focus on sustainable growth without pulling out our hair during orientation with hourly and/or salaried team members. It has stream-lined our process and gives us the opportunity to sustain HR best practices.

Pros

I enjoy the personal attention I have gotten from the customer service team. I will mention that this took a willingness and interest on both our parts to forge a relationship. As with all professional relationships, one must practice care and compassion. The customer service team is great when treat them with dignity and respect. I have also enjoyed the over intuitive nature of this product. It's not challenging to use albeit some strangely positioned features at times ("Source versus Hired" for the same candidate always seemed strange to me).

Cons

As with any product, at times it can get a little "sensitive" and not feel like loading and/or completing a task/form. The customer service team has been stellar at solving these mini issues with me though! Additionally, it's kind of a pain to go through someone to create or change/modify a job description. I completely understand and respect the process, but it feels like more work on the TR team than is sometimes necessary. I wish the admin. had the ability to change the postings and maybe submit for approval to TR? Maybe that would make it easier on both sides of the equation?

I wanted it to be a success, its been anything but

went from ok to worse. Its like they know you wont leave due the cost and time involved to impliment a system.

Pros

In the beginning, a lot of promises: A talent network to tap into, ease of use - post to multiple job boards, high volume traffic aggregator, full integration into systems.

Cons

We were sold something that doesnt exist and still 9 months into, doesnt look like it ever will. We were promised a talent network. Nope - its an excel spreadsheet with names. We were promised high traffic flow. Nope - we post jobs for 30 days and get maybe 10 applicants for the most basic entry level position (suppose to be their bread and butter). You need to submit a request to customer service every time you want to add a new job to the library. Applicants are constantly having issues with applying and when they do, we end up with multiple applications from the same person. Something Talentreef said they would make sure doesnt happen. They cant seem to figure out why jobs are not being pushed to the job boards, time and time again. I, as the customer, have to be the go between Talentreef and Indeed to find out what the problem is. Customer support has actually on multiple occassions informed my users to just use the application for the applicant from another client...WHAT!?? I constantly have to find out where things are when submitting a help ticket. Jobs posted via Talentreef dont show up on job boards for days. There are major disconnects with the system working with other systems. The software we were sold almost two years ago still hasnt been built. Sales will blow a lot of smoke up you know where to make the sale, no substance behind it. We were in the implimentation phase before we found out some of the "just released" features were not availible. Run away!!

Reasons for choosing talentReef

the features that have not yet materalized and ease of use, which doesnt exist

Grace

Great small business recruiting site!

talentReef has been a life saver in regards to reducing the amount of paper used for new hires. We get a steady flow of applicants and have had a lot of success with the site over the past 2 years. Customer service has improved greatly since we started with them.

Pros

Easy and cost effective way to go to paperless onboarding. Easy to use and track applicant progress, especially when hiring for multiple positions across multiple locations. Applications are thorough. The ability to customize our hiring site is awesome!

Cons

Would be great if as the admin you could add your own positions rather than having to rely on customer service to get new positions added. The "add hire" function for applicants is not very easy to navigate.

Luke

Industry: Restaurants

Employee management software for large and small companies

Initially used in a larger company and the training process for managers to use effectively was long and confusing. Have a plan to implement and train users thoroughly or it will not be used correctly. Once familiarity is there it is a great tool for a team to use to be on the same page for hiring process where turnover is more frequent

Pros

Online application process is nice and user friendly. Was a great platform for a small and large business to be able to accept online and mobile applications for employment. Also a great to to onboard staff through the hiring process

Cons

Set up requires many man hours. You get out if it what you put into it

Ryan

Very robust talent management software that could use some tweaks to the UI

Pros

Talent Reef is the talent management software that we utilize daily for onboarding team members. From applications, interviewing, hiring and tracking all legal needs this software delivers in a very vibrant UI.

Cons

The completion of certain forms is an ongoing thorn for what would be an otherwise great piece of software. On both the onboarding team member, as well as the overseeing manager, there are times where it can be confusing to know if a certain task/field has been filled out and has led to some delays in completing a team members hire process.

Angel

Talent Reef

My overall opinion with Talent reef is that it is a good software for helping with hiring.

Pros

Talent reef was a good tool for helping in hiring staff for zaxby's.it would save all applicants online for various mangers to view and hire.

Cons

Only cons with this software was that is applicants would forget password and would have to always call costumers services to retrieve it so they could finish online hiring forms

Jason

September 2016

Vice President of Operations

I would strongly suggest TalentReef to anyone who is considering this type of service. The TalentReef team will find a way to fill your needs and add value to your organization. We use TalentReef at our corporate support center, corporate locations and franchise locations. Our entire organization uses TalentReef for recruiting, hiring, onboarding and managing employee files. TalentReef has helped us keep our employee files accurate, up to date and easily accessible. One of the best features of TalentReef is that when an employee is hired, we ensure all required documents are completed. We also use TalentReef as the main source for employee information, so all other systems are updated from TalentReef. Our POS, payroll and online learning program all get employee information from TalentReef. All changes happen in TalentReef and then pushed to other areas in order to keep information accurate in all systems. We have been very pleased with our relationship with TalentReef and they have proven to be a strong partner.

Pros

*TalentReef's culture is very impressive. From the CEO on down, the culture is focused and listens to the needs of their clients. During my visit to talentReef I was extremely impressed with the culture and the TalentReef team. Great product and great people! •The service from TalentReef has been top notch! All departments (Sales, implementation, marketing, client services) have been fun to work with and we are looking forward to a long partnership. •The hiring and onboarding process for the manager is user friendly. This gives the manager the ability to focus on other important tasks because they spend less time on paperwork.

Cons

If any organization is looking to use talentReef, I would suggest they make sure they have a project lead. talentReef is a customizable platform that can be used to help your business. Your business will only get the full use out of the program if someone from within leads the project and communicates what they need from talentReef. talentReef can provide the basic needs, but the true value comes when you customize the program.

Morgan

Industry: Mining & Metals

Promises not fulfilled

Pros

Managers are easily able to see applicants who apply to multiple positions/locations.

Cons

The system has very little customization capability. The work flow comes as is, you cannot make any changes. Their customer services is highly lacking. We have open tickets that are more than seven months old that have yet to be resolved. With all of this the greatest issue is the poor EEO tracking. We are required to follow OFCCP regulations and the system cannot support that. The system allows applicants to apply without completing EEO data and talentReef has made no effort to modify the system to improve that. Additionally there is always some glitch with the system. For a few months it was telling managers sorry this page is unavailable when trying to post a new job or review resume attachments. Right now the glitch is saying sorry we cannot complete your request at this time please try again later when attempting to update a candidate's status. There is never a day where things are working well and I don't have to contact our account manager for support.

PeopleFluent

Reasons for choosing talentReef

During the sales process they promised to fulfill our needs within our budget but they have really fallen short.

Good for onboarding but leaves more to be desired.

We've used it to hire our staff for over 4 years so there's that. It just feels like it should do more for the cost.

Pros

Onboarding is pretty easy. I think it shows the applicants scoring pretty well and enjoy being able to filter through applicants based on their assessment they take when applying. Easy to also note where we are with their interview process, i.e: "Didnt return contact", "Hired", "In progress", etc.

Cons

There were times where my boss the administrator had to change or add forms and it didn't feel real user friendly. Also, he couldn't delegate all of it to me because there's no option to do so which is unfortunate.

Katherine

User Friendly

Pros

The platform is very easy to use for our entire team. The application tracking system makes life much easier for our managers and creates consistency in the on-boarding process.

Cons

The only negative I have run into is for the applicants and I do not believe this is a TalentReef issue. The applicants are not as tech savvy as people may believe and do not remember their passwords, etc. TalentReef has addressed this by allowing us to reset passwords to help the applicant access the platform to complete hiring paperwork.

Mel

Overall a Good product

We use talentReef for sourcing and applicant tracking only, so I cannot speak to the other features. It is nice that a suite of products is offered.

Pros

Our Account Rep is great and responds to things quickly Overall a good product for the price Set up for a franchise environment

Cons

Could be more user friendly - some steps in the hiring process are not intuitive Sometimes communication could be improved - a report we use quite often was taken away, but we were not given any warning Some trouble integrating with other systems

VP of Human Resources

If you are looking for a simple, cost effective software to manage social recruiting, onboarding, training and performance management, then this is the software that you must use. It is perfect for hospitality and restaurants! The flow to indeed and other sites is seemless.

Pros

The ease of use from both the HR side and the applicant/employee side make this the best software all in one package.

Cons

The reporting functionality could still use some further development. However, in the 4 years I used the software, it was constantly being updated.

Great Experience

We've had a great experience with talentReef because of their fast response times and communication. They understand the needs of the industry and the administrator site is user friendly and intuitive.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service and resources. Updates and new features on a regular basis. Consistent communication. They offer a Social Recruiting tool.

Cons

There are some features that you are not able to personalize specific to your company. Could be faster.

Danny

All inclusive and economical solution for hiring, and on boarding of employees, with some limited HRIS functions

Customer support is attentive and the initial set up for our company was well supported throughout the process. Talentreef works extremely well as solid ATS option and has a very good UI in this area.

Pros

Talentreef is a very robust ATS, and onboarding solution. It has allowed us to go paperless with most hiring functions and saved a lot of adminstration time. It is a reasonably priced option for our mid size company.

Cons

The platform’s HRIS back end is somewhat limited, and functionality is still being refined in some areas. Some of the back end features could have better mobile device usability.

Eric

TalentReef has been excellent to work with as a partner of our business.

TalentReef has been excellent to work with as a partner of our business.

Pros

Ease of use. Customer support has always been very strong. No matter who your representative is, they are always eager to assist.

Cons

There has been some down time as they update their services. They typically do them when it's not an issue (weekends, late at night, etc.)

Adam

Run, Don't Walk Away

I was held hostage in a one year contract with TalentReef, even though I had numerous documented conversations with their staff on everything they were failing to do. At the end of the day, I took another solution for half the price, that provides me with better support and more than doubles the applicant flow. If you see their booth at a conference, run away. Do not be fooled by their salespeople.

Pros

* Applicants Can Apply from their website - it does do that at least * Onboarding can be done electronically

Cons

* More applicants come through if you post for free on the the same sites that TalentReef does (Indeed, Glassdoor, etc.) TalentReef was unable to answer as to why this happens * If you want to edit/add onboarding documents, you have to go through their "support" desk, which is often delayed in responding, or does not follow through with what you asked * The price is ridiculously high in comparison to what other companies offer * Support is virtually non-existent. Don't bother speaking to the supervisors, they don't listen

Response from Abby

We are sorry about your experience and customer feedback is our #1 input for building out our roadmap. As with many organizations, we admit to having growing pains, which is why we have invested heavily to improve our support structure and system infrastructure with measurable results. There are countless features related to self-service capabilities and recruiting efforts, such as text-to-apply, that have been added to assist customers and boost applicant flow. Thank you for your feedback as it helps us grow to be a better company.

Replied December 2018

Karim

Industry: Restaurants

Great HR and Hiring tool, we use this for our entire organization

Great quality applicants and a great software for a good price. Company exposure Easier HR process

Pros

This software is very user friendly and we like that it brings quality applicants to us. we also have a website setup where people can go and upload their information and it goes to our HR department directly. Very good design

Cons

their customer support is not that good, there is no way to call in to get help unless you're during the install phase. You can only email in to get help.

JANET

No Control

We receive a discount for using Talentreef, so it is economical. However, every time I want to change the wording on a job posting or even fix a typo, I must do so through customer service. When I spoke to customer service, I was told it best to do everything through them otherwise, I would mess up the page. I can't even change out the pictures. The social media login is separate from the onboarding and the Dropbox instructions I received for SEO were nearly incomprehensible. Words were missing and it was filled with incomplete sentences. I finally stopped trying to work on improving our search results.

Pros

I like that we have a personalized Web address for publicizing our job postings. The site looks clean. Customer service responds within 24 hours.

Cons

As a customer, you have very little editorial control. I've had over 20 emails with customer support in 4 months to improve/troubleshoot our site.

Erin

Committed to Continuous Improvement

Pros

Very user friendly product. The team is eager to improve the product functions. Customer care is evident to be a priority.

Cons

I would love more self service functionality but I have been told that is coming. The mobile experience is lacking but there are improvements coming to that as well.

Zach

Vice President of Operations

Pros

Love the support we get from talent reef. The software is user friendly, we do all our new team members on boarding including I-9's and W2's. It is easy to do back ground checks and WOTC processing as well with their software. The platform does pre-screening for all applicants so our managers know what questions they need to ask for potential team members. The team at Talent Reef are easily accessible and the platform is great to work and use.

Cons

None love this system. There is an initial learning curve using this system but once you get past this there are numerous pros to utilizing their system.

Debra

Overall a great tool

Pros

Having everything thing online and easy to access. Its nice to go to 1 place to get all our information.

Cons

the customer service is not what i would expect. we are a larger company and to get answers and the updates we need are not always there

talentReef