All TestGorilla Reviews

Janelle

51 - 200 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed January 2022

Test Gorilla is exactly what we needed

Vishal

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Great Testing Solution for both new and experienced hires

Overall a great product.

PROS

It is a software that helps us make different assessments for different roles, both tech hiring and non tech hiring. The assessments are based on different skills and aptitudes required at that level. Overall our hiring has improved a lot since we have started using this.

CONS

I wanted it to be integrated with a ATS , so that we can then automate most of the steps. Its integration with India specific job boards/ ATS is limited at the moment.

Hi Vishal. Thank you for your review. We highly recommend taking a look at our API for additional integration options. We're glad that you've found TestGorilla a valuable part of your hiring process. Welcome to the TG community!

Replied January 2023

Adrian

Retail, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2021

Fantastic affordable tool for small business' with limited HR

Love it. This is my first time to take the time and leave a review like this. I use a lot of different softwares but this one really impressed me. They took the time to develop their user flow to a high standard.

PROS

It gave me the confidence to hire. Before I have set up my own tests successfully in Google form but it required a large time investment on my side. Testgorilla was setup in minutes and it is far more professional than my approach at a reasonable price.

CONS

Not much to complain about. I would like to have the option in settings to change the email templates but other than that, all good.

Reasons for switching to TestGorilla

Good price and a time saver. The fact that the quality was far higher than my approach was a nice bonus.

Thanks, Adrian! Glad we've given you the confidence to hire. You can make some adjustments to the email templates. What exactly are you looking to change?

Replied June 2021

Amanda

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Horrible customer service.

For a few days we were unable to access any of our test results; apparently there were software problems. TestGorilla did not send an email to their customers to inform them of such a huge issue that for us majorly affected our recruitment efforts and in return provided an unpleasant experience to our candidates. We only found out about the software issues they were dealing with weeks later when their customer service finally decided to respond back to us. I reached out to their customer service three times, on their website it says, "We'll reply via email within one business day.", it took weeks to hear back. We could have looked past a few of the concerns we had with the software, but we can't work with a company who has such poor customer service response times, it is unacceptable to take weeks to get back to a customer, especially when this is affecting their business.

PROS

The ease and interface of the software.

CONS

Aside from the horrible customer service we received, there were random times we were unable to access the test results. A few times I went to check our results and the screen was completely blank and showing we had no candidates that were tested when the day before was visible. You also cannot see the questions that are asked or the responses; therefore, you don't exactly know what the gaps are for your candidates. If we decide to hire them, it would be nice to see how we can better support them in their professional development and know which training to provide to ensure they are successful. I understand their reasoning behind it, and I should have dived in deeper to the demos, if I had looked into the software further, we never would have moved forward with them.

Reason for choosing TestGorilla

The ease of use and user functionality.

Hi Amanda, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, even though you feel that TestGorilla is not right for your company. It is true that we experienced an issue with bugs back in February which had a knock-on effect on our CS response times. This is not the service that we aim to provide for our customers, and we take full responsibility for that. Our entire team worked hard to ensure the issue was solved, and we have also expanded our capacity in CS since this time, to mitigate against delayed response times. Please know that you are welcome to get in touch at any stage to discuss your plan with our Customer Success team, and we would be happy to hear from you. Wishing you all the best with your hiring process!

Replied May 2022

Pranjal Pratim

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2021

TestGorilla helps online recruiting

It helped us a lot in the pre-employment coding assessment. It helped in sort listing the candidate based on the score is evaluated. Saves your time and money.

PROS

We were looking for some online coding platform with proctoring, then we found test gorilla. Compared to other platforms, it does a good value for money. You can set up online assessments in minutes without much hassle.

CONS

If more candidates are appearing on the test simultaneously, it is a little buggy. Customer support needs to be proactive.

Reason for choosing TestGorilla

Better value for money. Easy customization and setup.

Hi Pranjal! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Nice to hear that you found us to be good value for money, with easy set up and good user experience :) Saving you time and money is the desired outcome, of course. Welcome to the TG community.

Replied December 2021

Carla

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2021

Great platform for scale ups

PROS

It's easy to use, and I like the variety of test that offer. As well is pretty easy to send out the information.

CONS

I will work more in the way that the information is structured once you have results from the candidates. Like for example, when I use it for launching the DISC test, i would have preferred to filter and sort teh candidates per similar results. Would it be fantastic to have integrations with teamtailor.

Reason for choosing TestGorilla

Cheap, easy to use, and had the type of test I wanted. And actually I discovered more applications once I started to use the product,

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed February 2022

Finding a needle in a Hay Stack

Overall I like the concept of TestGorilla. I was able to create a test and easily choose questions to test potential candidates for the tole I was hiring for. I could also add custom questions and set time limits per question. While the summary of each test completed was neatly presented I would have liked if it had given and more in-depth analysis of the programming code provided and helped me in deciding if the candidate had the necessary skills rather than just a percentage score base on whether or not his/her code produced the expected result. Some candidates we interviewed based on there scores here were asked to do another practical code test and did quite well. When speaking to them in the interview they would say they were either intimidated by the online test or were confused by the mathematical questions and were not sure what to do. However, when asked to write a simple web page with a login etc they did this with no problem. TestGorila is great if you don't want to sit in lots of interviews with nonsuitable candidates and you can use this tool to choose those who might be suitable. TestGorilla alone though should not be used to decide whether or not to hire a candidate but does save a lot of time to you in the entire recruitment process

PROS

Library of questions to choose from which you can pick and choose to include in the test based on what skills you are recruiting for. The test can be done online at a convenient time for the candidate and there are checks built in to determine if the candidate was cheating. Various ways to share the test to potential candidates Nice summary of the candidates results

CONS

Needs more questions in the library for a wider variety of positions. Needs to assess the programming code automatically and provide a rating rather than just showing me the code and making e decide if the candidate is a good fit or not

Pricing

Hi Mark! Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review, we really appreciate it! Glad to hear that you were satisfied with the range of tests in the library (which is over 190 as of now!), and that you found that you were wasting less time interviewing people who weren't suitable. We always say that our product should be used as a tool in the hiring process, and it should fit into a bigger hiring journey. In your case, this is exactly what happened; you used TG to find the best and most suitable candidates and moved them forward to interview, after which you made your final decision. Good luck with your future hiring!

Replied March 2022

Human Resources, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed January 2021

Great concept, slick, easy to use, but has bugs, too few assessments

-My account manager reached out to me only for the purpose to ask for a review without dealing with or expediting my technical issues. -I was able to get up and running in a short time, but then I lost time as I had to deal with several bugs (tests nullified, waiting for tech support, having to 'ask' for credits, having to mark my own custom questions that had specific answers pre-selected)

PROS

-The system was easy and fast to implement. -I was very impressed with its ability to accurately assess my MBTI type with few questions. (I'm certified in MBTI) -The price was easy to accept as a small business. -The assessments were difficult to allow for differentiation between candidates.

CONS

-I added some custom questions that were not HTML friendly and this nullified the whole assessment including non-related ones, that a candidate took and I had to approach the candidate to take the assessment again which didn't show well on me. Tech support had to fix my specific test, but I wonder if they will re-code the platform to accept multiple 'spaces' in a question. I think the platform is too new to be reliable. -The tech support did not provide me with another credit after having an assessment was nullified. -The tests were too difficult for more junior positions. -There were few options to customize the delivery of the assessment. (e.g, add more custom questions than 10, have the platform notify the administrator that an assessment was complete) -With custom questions, even though you select the correct answer, the system did not 'mark' or give me a percentage correct. -The platform doesn't inform you when an assessment is complete (at the time of writing this review, I don't know if they would correct it after this review.) -Only a few dozen tests are available and the majority are for coding and hi-tech.

Price Ease of use

Reasons for switching to TestGorilla

The branch of the testing that I used before was sunset/disbanded by IBM. (Prove It! Staff Testing by IBM)

Glad to hear TestGorilla is easy to use! We're always adding testswe're currently at over 115 as of 2/3/21and it's good to hear they helped with candidate selection. It sounds like your issue was resolved, but let me know if you need more help!

Replied February 2021

Marius

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Simple Screening Changed our Hiring Process

Overall it was very satisfactory, you can have your first assessment created, and shared within 10 minutes, and the screening questions, welcome video and anti-cheating functionality is great

PROS

I enjoyed the simplicity in creating, and sharing the assessments for our business. We created assessments across 2 different concurrent roles, and it was easy to distinguish and work through the setup, sharing and results.

CONS

Not being able to complete the assessments for ourselves, or to establish our own internal benchmarks before sharing with candidates is a challenge.

Reason for choosing TestGorilla

The free trial offered, of up to 3 people, made it a no-brainer.

Thanks for the review, Marius. We're happy to hear that TestGorilla has changed your hiring process! We don't make all of our questions visible in order to protect the validity of our tests so that test takers can't sign up for a free trial and see the test questions in advanced.

Serena

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

TestGorilla boost the recruitment process

TestGorilla makes an important impact on boosting the recruitment process, avoiding time wasting tasks.

PROS

It is a very intuitive tool Internal communication and coordination among the people involved is improved It gives a more realistic idea of candidates skills in a professional way

CONS

Built-in Integrations with HR programs like Homerun

Thanks for the review, Serena! We're always adding new integrations (integrations for JazzHR, Personio, and Recruitee are coming out next month), I'll pass your feedback on to the team.

Geert-Jan

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Used TestGorilla to hire external developers

Overall very good, we found the right developers who we hired for certain projects. It made it much easier and for sure quicker when you have many candidates who are applying for one job add.

PROS

Easy to use and ability to choose the right tests from a wide verarity. With the ability to invite candidates in just a few clicks. Once the candidates invited, it was super easy to track in which part of the process each individual was. Not to forget to mention, the software makes it possible to request a video presentation from the candidates to fulfill where I could ask for a question or topic they can present themselves.

CONS

It would be good if we could benchmark the scores with an average done overall to better compare the results.

Thanks, Geert-Jan! Glad to hear you've found TestGorilla so easy to use. Benchmarks are on the way!

Replied September 2020

Shubham

Human Resources, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Product Review

Not good

PROS

The test categories are more than enough, so there is no category where we have a test.

CONS

It was costly & wasn't cost-efficient at all.

Because of categories.

Reasons for switching to TestGorilla

It wasn't good enough & was expensive.

Hi Shubham, thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I would appreciate if you could share a little more about your thoughts on our pricing. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at siobhan@testgorilla.com. Thank you!

Replied January 2023

Lennart

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Hire with confidence

Taking job interviews while having the confidence of the candidates skillset

PROS

Instead of digging through 50+ resumes, you sort on candidates' test scores. Using testgorilla's assesment as an entry point for your selection procedure gives an amazing filter to only let smart, capable, candidates into your further procedure. I've both selected and not selected candidates that we otherwise would have missed, or would have been an unproductive use of our and their time. In the interviews we had with the top 5 test-takers we could focus solely on personality and culture fit, having the confidence already that a candidate can perform on a certain level. Moving forward, we will never post a job offer again without using a pre-selection assessment to filter candicates.

CONS

When used in comination with a job board, we've found candidates that did the test but did not apply, did apply but forgot the test, or did both as meant to happen. This lead to checking and comparing of both lists of people. This can be prevented by using Testgorilla as the main recruitment tool

Thanks for the review, Lennart! We love to hear stories about how our customers are using TestGorilla to avoid mishires and find the perfect fits for their roles. We're especially happy to hear that you've had so much success using assessments at the top of the hiring funnel!

Replied September 2020

Judd

Internet, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Buyer Beware - Not what I expected

Horrible and I am very disappointed in the way they treated us as a customer.

PROS

I honestly have no pros I can say about the product.

CONS

The pricing model is not easy to understand. The free trial is barely a trial. You cannot see the questions to know if it is a good test. Support is dismal and takes days to get back to you. We barely used the product and had our first candidate have difficulty taking the test. The beware part, they state nothing in their terms as far as a refund which they would not grant the refund even though we explained the difficulty of all of the above. You pay yearly, so if you do not like it, you are crap out of luck.

Hi Judd, I understand that our team has resolved the issue you experienced to your satisfaction. However, just to alert you to some details on our platform that you may have missed- you are indeed able to see the questions presented in each test, by simply inviting yourself to take the assessment as an internal user. Our free plan is designed so that our customers can try all of the premium features on the platform for free, before signing up to a paid plan. We encourage our users to explore the platform using the free version first, and to share assessments with other team members, so that you have full understanding of the features and benefits of the paid content before you decide to subscribe. We wish you the best with your hiring process!

Replied May 2022

Muhammad

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Liked the product, but it comes at a high price

good experience in assessing qualified candidates

PROS

Good tests, ease of use, great customer service

CONS

The price is not clearly stated, it is confusing on why you are charging for assessments, i think you need a clearer pricing module. you also need to add more business related tests, i was looking for anything in logistics but there is nothing. The test scoring doesn't allow me to see the actual answers provided and what are the correct answers. I use manatal for recruitment and it would be great if both solutions can be integrated

Reason for choosing TestGorilla

better test pool, friendly usage

test pool

Hi Muhammad! Thanks a lot for leaving us your feedback, we appreciate it :) Thanks for your suggestion on the pricing module, that's something I will pass on to the relevant team. Regarding the answers to the test questions; that is something we keep private in order to protect the integrity of our tests. Each test we release goes through a rigorous approval process over a period of months, before they are published. As a result, we believe that it's very important that we protect our tests and their content from being leaked online. We do provide a depth of insight into results and how to analyse the candidates performance, including benchmarking against all other candidates who have taken assessments via our platform.

Replied February 2022

Hailey

Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Very Useful Product!

- Overall, it has been very beneficial to our hiring process

PROS

- Easy to use from an administrative point - Easy to read results - Lots of variety in the assessments already made & the option to customize - Organized nicely: can view all results in the timing they come in or by best score

CONS

- Sometimes candidates aren't granted access so we have to go in on our side to figure out why/ get it resent - candidates cannot set up their account and then return to it to take the test. From our experience, if a candidate signs up and doesn't immediately take the assessment, they will not be let in when they return to do so. Unclear if it is a system or user error in this example.

Hi Hailey! Great to hear that you have had a positive experience with TestGorilla so far :) Your candidates don't in fact need to create an account to take an assessment, so I would say there is some user error there. If it happens again, you can redirect your candidate to help@testgorilla.com. Welcome to the TG community!

Replied August 2022

Milla

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Recruiting process made easy

Our company saved a good amount of time and money when we externalized the recruiting to TestGorilla. We were positively surprised by the popularity of our job opening, and it would have been impossible to go through the applications manually as we are a small team. Now all the applicants received a fair chance and we've got an awesome new team member.

PROS

I appreciate the fact that we were able to modify the Test Gorilla to suit the needs of our company – personalized package that fit with our niche. With over 1,000 candidates it saved me hours and hours of individually going through and evaluating each applicant, and when our process was based on the test results, it really made the process bias-free.

CONS

I have requested for the option to communicate to the applicants via system; to send a group mail for people who were not chosen to continue. I'm sure my feedback has been heard and I will see this feature in the future.

Thanks, Milla! Glad to hear that TestGorilla's flexibility has helped you save so much time! We currently have a feature to send rejection emails to candidates. (Here's the associated help article: https://help.testgorilla.com/how-do-i-reject-candidates-through-testgorilla). You can also send the assessment results to candidates through the platform. You can do that with the press of a button and decide to which candidates they want to send it. (You can customize the email too.) We also have a feature to select candidates and perform bulk actions like that on our roadmap. Thanks again for the kind words!

Computer Software, 51-200 employees