BrightPay

BrightPay Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Simple to use, the level of Customer Service is fantastic and very cost effective for small businesses such as Spenart."
  • icon"Easy set up, good support, great functionality, good reporting and payslip production, good employee database."
  • icon"Another benefit is that it emails PDF payslips all at once. Integrates with HMRC for RTI, and also for coding notices which is great."
  • icon"With the exception of one of the rep who helped me with migration, the customer service is appalling."
  • icon"The guilt feeling I get from being a small user and not having to pay for the program."
  • icon"Less description and I never found it useful. Auto Enrolment function is not straight forward, most of the time so get error message for unsuccessful submissions."

Browse all BrightPay Reviews

• Have you used BrightPay and would like to share your experience with others?

Tom

Best way to do your pay!

Pros

BrightPay makes payroll easy and has a really modern look. I can train clients to use this in no time at all.

Cons

The windows and mac versions of the software differ in a few areas which is a real shame. It looks like this may be addressed soon though!

Sam

September 2022

Wouldn't use anything else

It's been essential for me to build my payroll bureau

Pros

I love that the software is user friendly and intuitive, with a pleasant looking interface. The customer support has also been fantastic.

Cons

I would love it to be cloud based (which is in the pipeline), and also more batch processing features.

Reasons for choosing BrightPay

It was recommended to me and I loved it when I downloaded the free trial

Response from Thesaurus Software

Thank you for your review Sam. It's great to hear that you find the software so user-friendly and intuitive. Our fully cloud software is on the way! Thanks again.

Youssef

November 2022

An easy way to payroll, with BrightPay!

Overall, I've tested a lot of payroll software, and BrightPay is the most user-friendly and addresses practically all payroll-related issues.

Pros

This program simplifies payroll processing. The UI is simple to use, and entering salary data is a breeze. The program automates regular payrolls by rolling over numbers month after month and generating variation indications.

Cons

Until you learn how to enter all the necessary information, setting up an employer in the middle of the year might be a bit difficult. Otherwise, it is good.

Response from Thesaurus Software

Hi Youssef, thank you for your review of BrightPay. It's great to hear that you find the software so user-friendly, especially compared to our competitors. Take care.

Replied November 2022

BrightPay brightens up the payroll process!

Overall I'm really pleased with the software and they are always brining out new functionality.

Pros

The user interface is great and very intuitive, the help/support section is very good in helping you get up to speed with the software.

Cons

The way you have to download and install a new version each year - other providers keep all of your data in one place.

Reasons for choosing BrightPay

The licence fee for Sage put us off and we chose BrightPay for it's good value for money whilst providing some great features.

Reasons for switching to BrightPay

Better meets our needs + we operate a payroll bureau which BrighPay has a package for.

Caroline

September 2016

Intuitive to use, great value, everything you need to run payroll

Pros

This software covers all aspects of payroll including the new pension auto enrolment, expenses and benefits, sickness, maternity all subjects in one easy to use product. I am not a computer buff but this works for me and I can understand it very easily. The price is amazing we have several companies under one umbrella and usually this would cost a great deal more. I like the help from BrightPay which can be found on their website and I have emailed for assistance and this has been a clear quick response both times.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I am not happy about as yet - I did call once over an Irish bank holiday and spoke to a chap I found difficult to understand because of his beautiful soft Irish accent ...

Brightpay Payroll

I had been a Sage 50 Payroll customer for around 20 years but found it getting ever more expensive and difficult to get in touch with customer care when you needed them with lengthy waits on hold. I needed to renew my Sagecover and they wanted to put me onto a monthly subscription, the amount they wanted just did not represent good value for money to me so I started to look at other options which was a big decision after using the same software for so long and having to learn another product from scratch . I trialed Moneysoft which also gets good reviews but I didn't really like the very old fashioned 1980's looking interface very much although it did the job. Then I tried Brightpay and was immediately impressed, it covers all the features I need including RTI and Auto Enrollment at a fraction of the price of Sage for the amount of employees I have. Moving data from Sage and setting things up took a little bit of time but this was mostly double checking everything was correct. The user interface is great and I find it easy to use, it's not quite so in depth as Sage so maybe misses a few features but this makes it less cluttered and easy to learn and operate. Also there's no need for dedicated stationery everything can be produced on plain paper which is another cost saving. I had a couple of initial queries and customer care answered these promptly. I would highly recommend this product, it's fantastic value for money.

Pros

Nice modern user interface. Easy to learn and operate. Covers RTI and Auto Enrollment. No need for dedicated stationery. Excellent value for money. Fixed yearly fee includes all legislation and feature updates and support.

Cons

Would be nice to be able to attach documents to employee records i.e. contract of employment, disciplinary letters, etc.

Fantastic payroll software that has thought of everything

Great software and functionality. Very feature rich as well as being easy to use. Good value for money and the support is efficient and thorough, both telephone customer service and support bank of self-help tools.

Pros

The auto-enrolment functionality is a dream, making light of the entire process from identifying staging dates, right through to generating enrolment letters for staff. The user interface is simple yet detailed and easy to navigate and customise.

Cons

I have been caught out a few times by alterations to the pay of an employee in one month/pay period which do not automatically revert to the stated basic pay the following month. It would be better if it did automatically revert or the system prompted you to choose how many periods/months should reflect that change.

Seejal

June 2022

Accurate and best payroll manager

Pros

Holiday/hours tracking, pay rate management, tax compliant

Cons

Integration with Bizimply was little hard in the beginning but now it’s sorted

Response from Thesaurus Software

Thank you for your review Seejal. We appreciate your feedback.

Replied July 2022

September 2022

Great value easy to use payroll package

Very happy to use and recommend the package

Pros

Good value and very easy to use software that meets all the requirements of a payroll bureau and standalone payroll

Cons

Not much that we can criticise on the package

Reasons for switching to BrightPay

More flexible and better value

Response from Thesaurus Software

Hi John, thank you for taking the time to review BrightPay. It's great to hear that BrightPay meets all the requirements for your payroll bureau. Thanks for the 5-star ratings!

Amy

November 2022

BrightPay payroll

Overall, I am very pleased with this software.

Pros

This software makes running payrolls is smooth and easy process.

Cons

Anything that I’ve ever struggled with, is fixed with the new updates. I don’t have anything negative to share about this software.

Response from Thesaurus Software

Thank you for your review, Amy. It's great to hear such fantastic feedback!

Sophie

Best payroll software

I love working with Bright pay. It is so simple and easy to use and is the best payroll software i have used in 5 years.

Pros

Is easy to use, the best payroll software i have used. I have been doing payroll for 5 years and this is by far my favourite.

Cons

Sometimes it freezes and it disconnects from the cloud.

Sam

Excellent Payroll Software

Using BrightPay has made running payrolls much easier.

Pros

This software makes running a payroll easy. The interface is very user-friendly and inputting pay figures is a cinch. The software takes the legwork out of running regular payrolls by rolling over figures month-to-month and providing variance indicators

Cons

Setting up employer mid-year can be a little challenging until you understand how to input all the relevant information.

Reasons for choosing BrightPay

Better interface and simpler to use

Eamonn

Brightpay Auto Enrolment and RTI Ready Payroll software

I have never come accross such a user friendly software product. Every box and heading is self explanatory. Transfer from Basic PAYE Tools, set up and running has been so easy. The software is completely free for up to 3 employees. This suited us initially. Any small queries I have had have been dealt with in a timely and efficient manner demonstrating how utterly professional and committed to excellent customer service Brightpay are. Although Brightpay were already linked to about 10 Pension providers (including NEST, Peoples and NOW), we decided to use an Auto enrolment pension scheme which wasnt yet linked to the software but Brightpay developers worked like trojans to get it up and running in time for our staging date. There were a few teething problems with online pension contribution filing, but I just had to send a copy of my files by email so the developers could see what was going wrong. It was a simple password error. By the end of the day it was all sorted and has been running smoothly ever since. This was Excellent service above and beyond the call of duty, and considering we had not paid a penny for use of the software.

Pros

If an employee has a fixed salary each month this is shown automatically on each payroll day so no further entries need to be done. The HMRC and Pension Scheme id and passwords need to be entered only once in the set up. Then a simple click on the send button is done for all future submissions. Massive time savings. Each employee has a holiday and sick day calendar which recalculates holidays remaining or if SSP is entitled to automatically. Transferring mid year from another payroll product is simple.

George

July 2016

Thumbs up for BrightPay

Pros

I like that's it's so easy to use. You don't need to have payroll experience. Brightpay alerts you need to send through your RTI and pension contributions. It also is free for auto enrolment. My previous payroll software were charging extra for auto enrolment. I've been using Brightpay for over 3 years. I pleased to say they have never increased their prices. It's an excellent product. The developers clearly have the end user in mind. If you get stuck their help guides are fantastic. 10/10

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about it. Brightpay keeps up to date. New features are being added all the time. I can't think of a single thing that I don't like about it.

Andrea

Best payroll for small companies

Very good value for money, not complicated at all.

Pros

Very easy to use, much easier than Sage payroll. Had the free version before and even the support then was second to none. You write an email and in less than a day they get back to you whether you’re a paying customer or using the software for free. You see straight away when you have to submit to HMRC which is for me the most important part as I don’t want to pay a fine. CIS is very easy to do. I’m in my third tear with BrightPay and never had a fault in the software whereas with sage it happens frequently.

Cons

There is nothing I don’t like, the least I would say that you have to download a new version with every tax year and not just an update.

Jonathan

Bright day cause of brightpay

Pros

I've tried a lot of payroll software and bright pay has the easiest software to navigate its a user friendly and covers almost all of the payroll concerns

Cons

what I wish brightpay must have is the capacity to trace back or correct some input of records foe example some alteration may have done but it is hard to trace back the records.

sol

September 2016

Easy to Use and Cheap to Buy

Pros

The interface is very intuitive and we have found it easy to use. On the occasions that we have had a problem, we have not had to wait that long for someone to answer the phone on their helpline. Also, the helpline is based in the UK and is not an Indian call centre.

Cons

We have found backing up data and restoring the date a bit confusing at times. This is why we are considering using the cloud version of the software so we don't have to worry about backups.

Ajit