• Pros

• "It is really easy to use and the support is great! Would recommend it for anyone who wants a virtual time clock."

• "It's ease of use and what it saves me in time every month is amazing , nothing comparable !! I could not imagine not having it !! "

• "Software is easy to use and install. The cost is reasonable. It has worked well for us for a few years."

• Cons

• "It was a little clunky upgrading and moving the software to a different computer but customer support was very helpful with getting us through the process."

• "The only thing that I had an issue with was connecting our computers to the database. However, the support team quickly solved this issue and we haven't had a problem since. "

• "Could be beneficial if it was easier to use with multiple locations. We have employees who work at different locations so it's a little tougher to keep track of that."

Browse Time Clock MTS Reviews

Jil from One Life Church / Kids Connection Preschool & Daycare

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Perfect for our needs!

It's been great! It put a stop to illegible hand-written timesheets, Wite-Out and staff complaints!

Pros

Time Clock MTS has been a perfect addition for our small business. We use QB payroll, so don't use some of the MTS options, but our daycare director has all all the ease of use, admin control and options (and then some!) that she needs on our staff end to generate a perfect one-page report for me to run our QB payroll. It is very user-friendly and intuitive so there's fast admin training without calls and questions later. At the time of purchase, my boss and then-director wanted to buy a traditional time clock for nearly four times the money - I've never regretted pushing them this direction. They loved the price, I loved the software and staff loves two quick taps on our touch screen as they pass by. No hassle, storage and expense of cards. More reports than we've even looked at and some great options - like leaving messages for individual staff, time-off requests/approvals and the options for setting up holidays! . Thank you Time Clock MTS for our perfect solution and ongoing support!

Cons

I can't think of anything... we liked it from the beginning and it's always met our needs!

Reasons for Choosing Time Clock MTS

Options and price - the stand-alone option was huge for me.

Scott from Real Estate Management Specialist

goes too far, time rounding on, punch in/out n you lose time...

Folks, this is an excellent product but seemingly as they are including nifty new features, some of the basic framework and minimal checks / measures are not in place. Case in point, if you set your rounding to the smallest time slice and then your rounding to 15 minutes, if you clock in / out a few times in a row, it has no internal method to identify if the rounding has been applied during the time allotted so you wind up with staff losing hours and depending on the settings, I worked on one site, five employees and rounded for one pay period had a difference of 12 hours, when changing "jobs" as suggested for lunch or other options, the rounding applies so although you need not punch in/out to change "jobs" - it will round your hours and depending on your rounding preferences, you can easily accumulate a hundred hours in one month - yup - easily done. The folks are GREAT to work with, they seem to get right back with me but this is a deep rooted error that should have popped up on the radar. If I can punch in and out twice in 15 minutes, I owe the company money... Anyhow for what its worth, love the software but it needs some tweaking, like setting a period of time rounding applies or setting rounding options per job vs globally, once you get into it you'll find out right quick, if you want to use rounding, this product is a catch 22 IF not, it seems fairly stable and prints out decent reports, still cannot find how to filter by job... Anyhow buyer beware, as in all software, always something!

Pros

Ease of use and setup

Cons

Feature rich without checks and measures, "rounding" should not be a global setting that can allow a user to punch in/out in/out and find themselves losing hours, maybe they will get it fixed, as I am NOT an accountant, however years in the industry, this little "gotcha" could have cost a large installation some serious back pedaling....

George from Elyria Foot Clinic

Functional Product, Abysmal Customer Service

BUYER BEWARE! I've almost never left a poor review for any product or service in my 20+ years buying products and services online. In this case, I felt compelled to issue a warning to anyone contemplating this time clock product. In my situation, I had a minor support issue. After multiple emails (there's no phone support), I finally got a scripted email response. A response that didn't solve the issue. It just sent me to various DIY articles. An issue that took 30 seconds to resolve cost me hours of time lost over weeks. An issue that the customer service rep could have explained in less time than it took him to copy and paste the scripted message. What's worse, he actually included a scathing insult in the email! Almost comical if it weren't on top of the hours of lost time. I imagine that the 1 out of 10 customer service comes from a company that takes your money upfront and then feels no obligation to spend any additional time with customer service later. Remember, you get what you pay for. If you want a product that functions according to 1998 requirements, consider alternatives. If you get this product free, consider alternatives. All in all, I strongly encourage you to consider alternatives. As a final word of warning, BUYER BEWARE!

Pros

Employees can easily clock in and out. Payroll reports are easily created.

Cons

The product looks like it's from 1998. The ability to record sick and vacation time is far from intuitive. Anticipate losing several hours to figure out the 30-second solution when it's time to record sick and vacation time taken by an employee.

Reasons for Choosing Time Clock MTS

I inherited this product from my father who purchased it. My father unexpectedly passed away, and the customer service nightmare added to the emotional tragedy of the weeks following his transition to Heaven.

Response from Timesheets MTS Software

Replied March 2020

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our support. Please email Mark on mark@timesheetsmts.com and we'll see what we can do to fix up your issues and improve our systems.

Karen from Progressive Medical Associates

Great value and easy to use software

Pros

I've been using Time Clock MTS for several years at a small internal medicine office. It's simple to use and makes it easy for employees to clock in and out on their own computers. The software works well consistently with no issues. It has made payroll much faster and easier.

Cons

We don't use some of the features, so I can't comment on PTO tracking or other things we don't use. We use it simply for clocking in and out and printing a weekly report for payroll.

Tim from Cotton Creations, Inc.

Love Time Clock MTS

I have been using the desktop version Time Clock MTS for 5 years and absolutely love it. I run a business that has anywhere from 5 - 15 employees depending on seasonality. It has reduced the amount of time for processing our payroll by at least 70%. Adding new employees is easy. Reviewing weekly payroll for accuracy by employee is easy. We are able to track labor hours by work activity which is also easy. I am thinking of upgrading to the cloud based version of this product so that I can process payroll while laying on the beach in Hawaii. Just kidding. But I do like the idea of moving my time clock to the cloud so that it is always back up i.e.. I will not have to worry about what happens if my production area work station goes down. All I would need to do is open a web browser on a different PC and will be back in business. Cannot get much simpler than this. I will most likely make the change on 01-01-17. Nice way to start the new year.

Pros

Simple to use. Great reports.

Cons

I would like it if I could import my weekly hours from Time Clock MTS to my online Quick Books payroll so I would not have to re-key weekly hours into that software.

Time tracking made simple

We started out only needing a time clock system for a few employees. As we grew, the system scaled along with us to tracking time for over 100 employees.

Pros

The application is simple to set up and use but is also feature rich for more complicated uses. The fact that a fingerprint reader can be used for verification is fabulous. Reporting is fairly comprehensive and all reports can be output to a spreadsheet.

Cons

The basic application is based on an Access database which leads to some unique networking problems. If the network is having trouble, it is possible to have data corruption.

Brandon from Chester Eye Center

Great Time Clock

Great experience. Any time we have had a problem, support has helped us out.

Harry from The Wishing Well

Great product for small businesses

We use this software to track employee's time. It allows them to view their own timecard anytime in a secure way. We send reports directly to our payroll processor - simple and easy!

Pros

Simple User Interface, problem free code, and great support

Cons

none for us, any time we've sought an improvement we just contact the developer and it'll likely show up in a near-term update.

Aaron from SAKIDA

Awesome Software

The software is a great value for the money and the support is top tier!

Pros

Very easy to use, setup and configure. We have been using the software over 7 years and it is terrific! When there was an issue, technical support was extremely fast and resolved the issue quickly.

Cons

None, the software is terrific, I would recommend it to anyone

Majid from Ambleside Dental

Great product

We use Time Clock MTS Network edition, which allows us to sign in/out on multiple computers which makes it very convenient. As administrator, I have remote access to my office computer which allows me to do payroll from home. I highly recommend this product for small business

Pros

easy to install and use affordable works on Windows 7 and 10

Cons

minor glitch when editing/correcting times no live support

Reasons for Choosing Time Clock MTS

tried several trial versions best suited for our needs

Reasons for Switching to Time Clock MTS

no longer supported in Windows 10

Marilyn from Power Line Sentry, LLC

Industry: Utilities

Inexpensive timekeeping software that is so easy to use, a real time saver.

Simple time keeping.

Pros

I have been using Timeclock MTS since 2012 and it is so easy to use! Features are easy to find and set up for the administrator. The employees like the punch card reports, so they can keep track of their time. I did not rate the customer support because I have not had a need to use them.

Cons

On the network version, you can only have one timeclock open at a time. It creates conflicting copies if two are open at the same time.

Response from Timesheets MTS Software

Replied December 2017

Thanks for your review Marilyn! With regards to your comment only being able to have one time clock open at a time? That¿s because you¿ve got the time clock admin software installed on more than one computer. On computers where you just want your employees to punch in and out and you don¿t need to manage the software you should just have the time clock client software installed. It¿s simple to fix up, just uninstall the time clock admin software from those computers and install the time clock client software instead.

Mary Ellen from The Animal Den

Very easy to use!!

Flexibility with staffing, payroll costs by department, ease of use, and accuracy of time clock data.

Pros

This program is very easy to use. I like that at a glance I can quickly see who is clocked in and who is not. I love that we can hide inactive employees and that we can easily adjust clock in and out times when needed. We really use the Job Code feature which enables us to track payroll by department.

Response from Timesheets MTS Software

Replied November 2017

Thanks for your review Mary Ellen. We are always concerned when our users comment on the speed of our support as we pride ourselves on the responsiveness of our support. To improve ourselves and find out where we went wrong I've gone back through our logs and found one support incident with you from 25 October 2016. We responded to that within 2.5 hours and the matter was resolved within 10 minutes of that response. Obviously this is much different to "takes days to resolve issues".

Brenda from Keyser Cadillac

User friendly, saves time, a good value.

This software eliminates employee's from punching in too early, saves time manually calculating the number of hours worked and saves paper and eliminates ribbons used with old school time clock systems.

Pros

Saves valuable time on payroll days, eliminates paper time cards & ribbons as used with old school time clock systems. User friendly and a good value. With Time Clock MTS you pay for your software version & email support & upgrades for 1 year. Then to continue technical support you can pay just per year if you have the Network version or get another year of support for free by posting an honest review. Many options - you can keep track of vacation and sick time, eliminate employee's from punching in early etc.

Cons

We wish the schedule options for employee's was expanded. For example we have employee's come in at a different time on the weekend and we also try to eliminate employee's from punching in too early. The current system lets you chose a start and an end time for an employee schedule but it does not give you the option to customize it per weekday.

Howard from Visiting Angels

My Experience with Time Clock MTS

I have been using this the Time Clock MTS for several years now and find it to be extremely reliable. Our employees enjoy using this software because they can easily track their hours and print their timesheets. I highly recommend this software, especially for small businesses.

Pros

What I like most about this software is its user-friendly interface, making it a smooth and easy process for my employees to clock in and out of work. The Time Clock MTS can also track vacation and paid time off, which is very effecient and cost-effective.

Sarah from Respect Your Mother LLC

Reliable and easy to use

Overall Time Clock MTS is simple and easy to use.

Pros

This is a simple no-brainer way for a small business to provide accurate to the minute clock-in / clock-out for my employees. It lets even a dunderhead like me edit times and run payroll reports with ease.

Cons

My one problem is that I would prefer to not have the data disappear when I want to take a retired employee off the sign in list. But, I have been told that "support" can help retrieve it if needed. I am a little obsessed about record keeping so a little nervous about losing the history in case of any future disputes.

Steven from Steven W. Baba, DDS, Inc.

Great Buy!

So far so good.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. My old time clock was on a computer that crashed and wasn't able to recover it or transfer it to another computer. This was the best quality for the price! Even though I do not use all the options it is nice that they are there. I will say that when I bought this last year and uploaded it on the back computer (that died later that year), I called Time Clock MTS and they had no issue helping me get it onto the new computer.

Cons

The only thing my employees tell me they wish it did, they wished that they could just input their pin numbers without having to click on their name first. Which is no big deal they said, but if they had to be picky.

Frank from DTSystems, Inc.

Industry: Civil Engineering

We have used Time Clock MTS for years and could not be happier!

Reliable time clock management which works well with payroll on QuickBooks. Our reports are added to the paychecks for our employees to have a good accounting of their hours for that particular pay period.

Pros

Always accurate and easy to modify employee time changes. Our employees are able to reliably check in and out with the small window access and not have issue with usability. As the administrator, I have been able to suspend employees, modify and also add information as an ongoing process rather than a one-time setup process. The reports are much improved as well.

Sarah from Again & Again

Very easy for this small business to use for providing automated time in/out and payroll reports.

Easy to track hours down to the minute. Easy to run reports. Easy to edit when necessary. Was easy to install. Employees have an easy time clocking in and out.

Pros

Easy & simple for employees to "get". Nice reports for me to run payroll from. Easy to edit in case of errors or omissions.

Cons

Wish I could remove employees no longer with us from list without losing all their historical data which I am afraid could be demanded for one thing or another in an audit or something. Appears that when employees are removed ALL their records go too.

August 2016

John from Optometry Practice

August 2016

Nice time clock/timesheet software supports fingerprint scanner, is affordable, and works.

Replaced a punch timeclock that was old and on its last leg. TimeClockMTS met the requirements with fingerprint scanner support (also supports camera photo too) to prevent buddy clocking where one employee would clock in/out for another employee. Some features you just need to try out to better understand what it does or how it works. The company does a good job of updating the software with newer versions to address new labor laws (for example the recent new sick time law in California) and/or new features or bug fixes. Overall, it works nicely at a reasonable price.

Pros

Fingerprint scanner and camera supported to prevent buddy clocking.

Cons

The auto breaks was a bit confusing and we had to try it out over a few weeks to understand and configure it to our needs.

LINDA from WENDY SADOFF MD DERMATOLOGY PC

Time Clock MTS

Pros

It is very user friendly and works well in the practice. I had it installed on 5 computers, 2 administrative computers and 3 for staff to use to sign in and out. I am in total control and fix errors for the staff. I have had other products previously and this product works well for the price.

Cons

I have no negative concerns. The product works very well. I had a hesitation,(lag) in the beginning but it was my internet that was the issue, not the product.

Reasons for Switching to Time Clock MTS

I needed a more serviceable and networked product. When I found that we could just upgrade I was very happy that the transition was so smooth. I have 10 employees and all are happy using the product.

Gayle from J. F. Shea Therapeutic Riding Center

We have used this software for years and love it!

Pros

It's very user friendly. The payroll reports are always accurate. We've used them for almost a decade. We have 20 employees that use it. Clocking in on your desktop makes it easy since they have to sign onto their computer each morning anyhow.

Cons

The suppose the only con I can think of is that in our case (strictly by choice) is that we do not use the network version. That has more options for us.

Sue from Blue Water Pregnancy Care Center

Accurate Dependable and Easy. Highly recommended

We've used this since 2012 for 6 employees and 50 volunteers. I have already recommended it to all my business friends, other non-profits, even if they didn't ask! I'm not really keen on the newest updated look, but that's a personal preference. I haven't had to use customer service, their helpbutton works great, it gets a 4 only because they don't have a live chat (how vital is that?! - it's not really needed) There's no other timeclock software to use!

Pros

Super easy to set up, to use, for employees to use also.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Jessica from Blue Water Pregnancy Care Center

Great Service, Great Product, and Great Support

Pros

I like most about this software is ease of use. When clocking in/out or putting in a time request, it is really easy to do those things. If for some reason a person didn't clock in, it is real easy to login as administrator and correct the errors. It is also easy to add people to the system or to remove. I find it easy to look at the punch card for any particular week and see the time.

Heather from Timeless Seeds, Inc.

Industry: Food Production

In our small business, we moved from handwritten time sheets to Time Clock MTS & it has been great.

Ease. Simplicity. Accurate payroll records. Efficiency.

Pros

Changing to Time Clock MTS was easy and it is simple for employees to use. Confusion with calculating hours on handwritten time sheets by employees has been eliminated. Recreating lost handwritten time sheets has been eliminated. This software has made bookkeeping and payroll tasks much more efficient. And it is inexpensive!

Kaye from Aycock Eye Associates

Great Time Clock

We have 8-12 employees daily clocking in and out daily with this software and its very user friendly. We are a optometrist office and it has been a very great way to keep track of payroll. Very easy to use.

Pros

The ease of the software is great! we love color coded employees, and its super easy to fix a missed punch!

Cons

We have no complaints with this software, we use it daily no issues ever!

Reasons for Choosing Time Clock MTS

We read the reviews of several others and Time Clock MTS had the best reviews and they have not disappointed.

Richard from M&S Logistics, Inc.

Industry: Warehousing

Decent software for low cost

Weekly payroll on a budget.

Pros

Very easy to use. Employee setup is a breeze and you can add and deactivate employees in seconds, not minutes. End of the week payroll reports are easy to use, easy to read.

Cons

At times software tends to pull in deactivated employees when it shouldn't. Aside from that, i've found very few issues.

Brendon from Goodyear The Tire and Auto Center

Product is a MUST!

very easy to manage my employees time and very easy for them to clock in and out when needed. no hassle when having to add up time or see how much time they have total in a pay period. Very impressed with this software and easy to manage and change time when needed. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a good way of keeping track of employee payroll and time!

Pros

It's very user friendly and easy to keep track of my employees time!

Cons

None.

Thach from Co Eyecare

simple to use

Free 1 year tech support which is worth nothing as they will give you online support anyway

Pros

simple. I am not using all features offered. I am only use to get the time for Quickbooks. They have finger print and camera log in

Cons

well I can not add or delete user now. I was able to do it before. Contacting support now. other than that I have not had problems over 5 years

Susan from Cornerstone Appliance Service

Super easy and affordable time clock solution for our small business!

It has saved me a huge amount of time! Easy and affordable!

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. Prior to using this software, I was figuring hours manually. We have an office with 5 employees and it has been such a time saver! We have used it for approximately 4 years now. Easy to add new employees and edit times if someone forgets to clock in or out.

Kusum from Fuel Mart Express

Great economical software

Great experience. Have been using it for years..

Pros

Easy operations, great reporting. Do like that each employee has their own passcode to enter.

Cons

Wish I could access employee hours and reports from a remote location and wish employees clock in/ outs could be attached to their photo and or finger prints

Ease

Andrew from The Little Gym

Great product

I've used it for our company ranging from 6-10 employees at a time. Works great. Had 1 or 2 glitches over the 5 years we've used it but would highly recommend it.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Not much did have a couple of glitches. The one I remember was the reports drop-down was stuck in 1 type of report. Might be due to not having the latest version.

DEREK from Healthcare

TIME CLOCK MTS

OUR OFFICES HAVE BEEN USING FOR OVER 10 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER HAD ANY REAL ISSUES. VERY SMOOTH FOR DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS

Pros

EASE OF USE, AFFORDABLE, REASONABLE RESPONSE TIME TO EMAILS, AND AVAILABLE TO ADD TO NETWORK AND CENTRALIZE MULTIPLE LOCATIONS FOR PAYROLL

Cons

COMPANY IS NOT U.S.A. BASED AND VERY HARD TO CONTACT BY PHONE

Kay from Lyons Housing Authority

Once we were able to have the program up and running it was pretty straight forward and easy to use.

Pros

Easy to navigate through the program and customize for our use. Once TimeClock was set up it was easy to modify without needing to refer to instructions constantly. We needed something immediately, and TimeClock worked great.

Cons

Setting up the vacation and sick accural section to coincide with our current setup isn't as easy because it isn't compatiable. It also could be lack of information on my part.

Shawn from The University of the West Indies

Why you should get Time Clock MTS

Pros

It is easy to setup. You can track each employee time sheet and run reports by groups.

Cons

The configuration options for reporting are limited and you can not create custom reports.

Reasons for Choosing Time Clock MTS

It was economically and catered to our needs.

Sarah from Colonial Jewelers

We love this product!

Pros

It is easy to use both for our staff and our managers. It works on any computer and can be accessed through our server

Cons

There really isn't any issues I can think of . We ran into a few troubles trying to have the admin in two computers but nothing we couldn't manage

Jennifer from Spero

User Friendly interface

Pros

This software makes it easy for our employees and volunteers to clock in and keep accurate records for our Center.

Cons

At times it can be challenging to make user error corrections.

KK from King Wai Trading Co.

Industry: Wholesale

This is an easy system to use & very adequate for our needs

Pros

We used this software for almost five years. We found that it's easy to install, easy to learn & easy to use.

Cons

If I have to say what is the least favorite part of the software, it will be the limited ways of calculating time.

Ardavan from Walkley Medical Centre

Great Timekeeping Software!

Pros

Easy to use, affordable and overall a great product for employee timekeeping!

Cons

No updates in quite some time but current update is very good and no specific upgrades required.

Steve from Faber Enterprises Inc.

Never an issue

Pros

Cons

We have used this software for a few years. The only issues we run into are more user errors than anything.

Brenda from Harding University

Terrific, easy to use software solution.

It's a real time saver in tabulating weekly timesheets. The report functionality is really good as well.

Pros

The software is very simple to implement and maintain and it's very user friendly for our employees and supervisors.

Graham from Austin's

Industry: Food Production

Probably the best software I have bought since I dont know when !!! Great product for my businesses

Peace of mind and my business is more effecient

Eric from Lake Geneva Canopy Tours

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Very easy time software to use but lacks in depth functions

Very basic time clock system and will work for a small business that need minimal functionality.

Pros

Very easy to run reports Simple to add staff and edit Very simple to clock in and out of Very cost effective

Cons

Non-existent customer service No telephone number for customer service Could not geo fence your employees

Rashmi from Mukesh Patel, MD PA

Good Product for the Value

Pros

The Integration of the product with intuit Quickbooks.

Cons

I wish the support was included in the purchase.

Brooke from Millville Chiropractic Center

Saves time!

cutting time for adding up payroll

Pros

Easy to get hours when doing payroll. Cutting time in half instead of sitting there adding up time cards every week.

Cons

Vacation time and accruement of paid time off is a little hard to implement. Have to use our old method of keeping track of employees for those hours.

Bob from Cotten Coverage Insurance Agency, Inc.

No issues

Pros

Very stable, easy to use with good support

Cons

Nothing really. the program just works.

Sally from Healthcare

Easy tracking of employee time

Very simple software that makes it simple to track employee timesheets

Pros

I love that I can track when my employees arrive, leave, go to lunch with this easy one-click software.

Cons

Nothing, easy to use, easy to manage and make changes.

Nathan from Advanced Family Eye Care

It really makes payroll a lot easier on our office.

Pros

Our office has eight satellite locations, and it can be a real pain to collect hours from each location. Time Clock MTS simplifies this and brings everything to one easy process.

Cons

I understand that there is an updated version now that we need to upgrade to, but our old version did not allow employees to request days off.

Eric from Canpak Trade Print

Great software.

Pros

- Low maintenance cost - Easy Setup - Quick support respond - Great to have kiosk mode - very simple for the employee to use

Cons

- Not so flexible in calculating overtime option. - Limited report option and configuration.

Paul from Kinnelon Medical and Wellness

For use in small Healthcare/Medical office approximately 8 employees

Payroll reports are easy to run and it is easy for multiple staff to punch in and out throughout the day.

Pros

Easy to use. Staff can punch in and out easily. There are multiple reports that can be run. It is easy to edit if someone forgets to punch in and/or out.

Bob from Coten Coverage

Easy to use time clock management

Time Clock MTS allow me to easily track my employees time.

Pros

Easy set up, stable program, does it supposed to do

Cons

Graphics could be a bit sharper, but are OK