What are Time Clock MTS users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Time Clock MTS software through verified user reviews

• icon"Light footprint and easy integration. In addition, easy to install and use, user friendly, great for businesses of all sizes."
  • icon"EASE OF USE, AFFORDABLE, REASONABLE RESPONSE TIME TO EMAILS, AND AVAILABLE TO ADD TO NETWORK AND CENTRALIZE MULTIPLE LOCATIONS FOR PAYROLL."
  • icon"It is really easy to use and the support is great. Would recommend it for anyone who wants a virtual time clock."
  • icon"My one problem is that I would prefer to not have the data disappear when I want to take a retired employee off the sign in list."
  • icon"The auto breaks was a bit confusing and we had to try it out over a few weeks to understand and configure it to our needs."
  • icon"The configuration options for reporting are limited and you can not create custom reports."

Browse all Time Clock MTS Reviews

• Have you used Time Clock MTS and would like to share your experience with others?

Shawn

Excellent and Simple to use Time Clock Software

Highly recommend MTS Timeclock, especially for small to medium size companies. We have been using this software for over 10 years and have seldom had an issue. Great software.

Pros

Light footprint and easy integration. In addition, easy to install and use, user friendly, great for businesses of all sizes. Excellent software for cost.

Cons

Not any really. Could provide a few more report options.

Jil

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Perfect for our needs!

It's been great! It put a stop to illegible hand-written timesheets, Wite-Out and staff complaints!

Pros

Time Clock MTS has been a perfect addition for our small business. We use QB payroll, so don't use some of the MTS options, but our daycare director has all all the ease of use, admin control and options (and then some!) that she needs on our staff end to generate a perfect one-page report for me to run our QB payroll. It is very user-friendly and intuitive so there's fast admin training without calls and questions later. At the time of purchase, my boss and then-director wanted to buy a traditional time clock for nearly four times the money - I've never regretted pushing them this direction. They loved the price, I loved the software and staff loves two quick taps on our touch screen as they pass by. No hassle, storage and expense of cards. More reports than we've even looked at and some great options - like leaving messages for individual staff, time-off requests/approvals and the options for setting up holidays! . Thank you Time Clock MTS for our perfect solution and ongoing support!

Cons

I can't think of anything... we liked it from the beginning and it's always met our needs!

Reasons for choosing Time Clock MTS

Options and price - the stand-alone option was huge for me.

Rashmi

April 2022

Time Clock MTS - Great Product

Pros

Reasonably priced, Easy to setup, Easy to Use, Network option, Good Reports

Cons

Not able to customize the reports.

George

Functional Product, Abysmal Customer Service

BUYER BEWARE! I've almost never left a poor review for any product or service in my 20+ years buying products and services online. In this case, I felt compelled to issue a warning to anyone contemplating this time clock product. In my situation, I had a minor support issue. After multiple emails (there's no phone support), I finally got a scripted email response. A response that didn't solve the issue. It just sent me to various DIY articles. An issue that took 30 seconds to resolve cost me hours of time lost over weeks. An issue that the customer service rep could have explained in less time than it took him to copy and paste the scripted message. What's worse, he actually included a scathing insult in the email! Almost comical if it weren't on top of the hours of lost time. I imagine that the 1 out of 10 customer service comes from a company that takes your money upfront and then feels no obligation to spend any additional time with customer service later. Remember, you get what you pay for. If you want a product that functions according to 1998 requirements, consider alternatives. If you get this product free, consider alternatives. All in all, I strongly encourage you to consider alternatives. As a final word of warning, BUYER BEWARE!

Pros

Employees can easily clock in and out. Payroll reports are easily created.

Cons

The product looks like it's from 1998. The ability to record sick and vacation time is far from intuitive. Anticipate losing several hours to figure out the 30-second solution when it's time to record sick and vacation time taken by an employee.

Reasons for choosing Time Clock MTS

I inherited this product from my father who purchased it. My father unexpectedly passed away, and the customer service nightmare added to the emotional tragedy of the weeks following his transition to Heaven.

Response from Timesheets MTS Software

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our support. Please email Mark on mark@timesheetsmts.com and we'll see what we can do to fix up your issues and improve our systems.

Replied March 2020

Michelle

Industry: Libraries

February 2022

Easy to set up and use

I had employees lying about what time they arrived at work. This solved our issue for VERY LITTLE MONEY.

Pros

This software is so easy to use and set up. You can have tons of information about all your employees in one spot. We just use it as a timeclock as we have different payroll software, so I just have to enter an employee's name and assign them a clock in/out number and we are done. I have played with and used, for a bit, other portions of the software, and it was jus as easy.

Cons

occasionally glitches and shows someone clocked in or out when they are not, however, the time cards are always right.

Reasons for choosing Time Clock MTS

I looked at and tested a ton of options and not only was Time Clock MTS the cheapest, but also the easiest to use.

Scott

goes too far, time rounding on, punch in/out n you lose time...

Folks, this is an excellent product but seemingly as they are including nifty new features, some of the basic framework and minimal checks / measures are not in place. Case in point, if you set your rounding to the smallest time slice and then your rounding to 15 minutes, if you clock in / out a few times in a row, it has no internal method to identify if the rounding has been applied during the time allotted so you wind up with staff losing hours and depending on the settings, I worked on one site, five employees and rounded for one pay period had a difference of 12 hours, when changing "jobs" as suggested for lunch or other options, the rounding applies so although you need not punch in/out to change "jobs" - it will round your hours and depending on your rounding preferences, you can easily accumulate a hundred hours in one month - yup - easily done. The folks are GREAT to work with, they seem to get right back with me but this is a deep rooted error that should have popped up on the radar. If I can punch in and out twice in 15 minutes, I owe the company money... Anyhow for what its worth, love the software but it needs some tweaking, like setting a period of time rounding applies or setting rounding options per job vs globally, once you get into it you'll find out right quick, if you want to use rounding, this product is a catch 22 IF not, it seems fairly stable and prints out decent reports, still cannot find how to filter by job... Anyhow buyer beware, as in all software, always something!

Pros

Ease of use and setup

Cons

Feature rich without checks and measures, "rounding" should not be a global setting that can allow a user to punch in/out in/out and find themselves losing hours, maybe they will get it fixed, as I am NOT an accountant, however years in the industry, this little "gotcha" could have cost a large installation some serious back pedaling....

Tim

Love Time Clock MTS

I have been using the desktop version Time Clock MTS for 5 years and absolutely love it. I run a business that has anywhere from 5 - 15 employees depending on seasonality. It has reduced the amount of time for processing our payroll by at least 70%. Adding new employees is easy. Reviewing weekly payroll for accuracy by employee is easy. We are able to track labor hours by work activity which is also easy. I am thinking of upgrading to the cloud based version of this product so that I can process payroll while laying on the beach in Hawaii. Just kidding. But I do like the idea of moving my time clock to the cloud so that it is always back up i.e.. I will not have to worry about what happens if my production area work station goes down. All I would need to do is open a web browser on a different PC and will be back in business. Cannot get much simpler than this. I will most likely make the change on 01-01-17. Nice way to start the new year.

Pros

Simple to use. Great reports.

Cons

I would like it if I could import my weekly hours from Time Clock MTS to my online Quick Books payroll so I would not have to re-key weekly hours into that software.

Marilyn

Industry: Utilities

Inexpensive timekeeping software that is so easy to use, a real time saver.

Simple time keeping.

Pros

I have been using Timeclock MTS since 2012 and it is so easy to use! Features are easy to find and set up for the administrator. The employees like the punch card reports, so they can keep track of their time. I did not rate the customer support because I have not had a need to use them.

Cons

On the network version, you can only have one timeclock open at a time. It creates conflicting copies if two are open at the same time.

Response from Timesheets MTS Software

Thanks for your review Marilyn! With regards to your comment only being able to have one time clock open at a time? That¿s because you¿ve got the time clock admin software installed on more than one computer. On computers where you just want your employees to punch in and out and you don¿t need to manage the software you should just have the time clock client software installed. It¿s simple to fix up, just uninstall the time clock admin software from those computers and install the time clock client software instead.

Replied December 2017

Brandon

December 2021

Great Time Clock!

Pros

Time Clock MTS is easy to use for both the administrator and employees. It does exactly what we need and keeps track of PTO hours used throughout the year. It's easy to print off time cards. Our practice really enjoys Time Clock MTS!

Cons

You have to use a different version if you have multiple locations and it is more expensive.

Frederick

Long time user

Excellent experience. Good online help when I've had rare issues

Pros

Easy interface for multiple site timeclock locations for sign in and out

Cons

Primarily use the time recording function. See no weaknesses here

Mary Ellen

Very easy to use!!

Flexibility with staffing, payroll costs by department, ease of use, and accuracy of time clock data.

Pros

This program is very easy to use. I like that at a glance I can quickly see who is clocked in and who is not. I love that we can hide inactive employees and that we can easily adjust clock in and out times when needed. We really use the Job Code feature which enables us to track payroll by department.

Response from Timesheets MTS Software

Thanks for your review Mary Ellen. We are always concerned when our users comment on the speed of our support as we pride ourselves on the responsiveness of our support. To improve ourselves and find out where we went wrong I've gone back through our logs and found one support incident with you from 25 October 2016. We responded to that within 2.5 hours and the matter was resolved within 10 minutes of that response. Obviously this is much different to "takes days to resolve issues".

Replied November 2017

Brenda

User friendly, saves time, a good value.

This software eliminates employee's from punching in too early, saves time manually calculating the number of hours worked and saves paper and eliminates ribbons used with old school time clock systems.

Pros

Saves valuable time on payroll days, eliminates paper time cards & ribbons as used with old school time clock systems. User friendly and a good value. With Time Clock MTS you pay for your software version & email support & upgrades for 1 year. Then to continue technical support you can pay just per year if you have the Network version or get another year of support for free by posting an honest review. Many options - you can keep track of vacation and sick time, eliminate employee's from punching in early etc.

Cons

We wish the schedule options for employee's was expanded. For example we have employee's come in at a different time on the weekend and we also try to eliminate employee's from punching in too early. The current system lets you chose a start and an end time for an employee schedule but it does not give you the option to customize it per weekday.

Howard

My Experience with Time Clock MTS

I have been using this the Time Clock MTS for several years now and find it to be extremely reliable. Our employees enjoy using this software because they can easily track their hours and print their timesheets. I highly recommend this software, especially for small businesses.

Pros

What I like most about this software is its user-friendly interface, making it a smooth and easy process for my employees to clock in and out of work. The Time Clock MTS can also track vacation and paid time off, which is very effecient and cost-effective.

Cons

The only thing that I had an issue with was connecting our computers to the database. However, the support team quickly solved this issue and we haven't had a problem since.

Reliable and easy to use

Overall Time Clock MTS is simple and easy to use.

Pros

This is a simple no-brainer way for a small business to provide accurate to the minute clock-in / clock-out for my employees. It lets even a dunderhead like me edit times and run payroll reports with ease.

Cons

My one problem is that I would prefer to not have the data disappear when I want to take a retired employee off the sign in list. But, I have been told that "support" can help retrieve it if needed. I am a little obsessed about record keeping so a little nervous about losing the history in case of any future disputes.

Time tracking made simple

We started out only needing a time clock system for a few employees. As we grew, the system scaled along with us to tracking time for over 100 employees.

Pros

The application is simple to set up and use but is also feature rich for more complicated uses. The fact that a fingerprint reader can be used for verification is fabulous. Reporting is fairly comprehensive and all reports can be output to a spreadsheet.

Cons

The basic application is based on an Access database which leads to some unique networking problems. If the network is having trouble, it is possible to have data corruption.

Steven

Great Buy!

So far so good.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. My old time clock was on a computer that crashed and wasn't able to recover it or transfer it to another computer. This was the best quality for the price! Even though I do not use all the options it is nice that they are there. I will say that when I bought this last year and uploaded it on the back computer (that died later that year), I called Time Clock MTS and they had no issue helping me get it onto the new computer.

Cons

The only thing my employees tell me they wish it did, they wished that they could just input their pin numbers without having to click on their name first. Which is no big deal they said, but if they had to be picky.

Frank

Industry: Civil Engineering

We have used Time Clock MTS for years and could not be happier!

Reliable time clock management which works well with payroll on QuickBooks. Our reports are added to the paychecks for our employees to have a good accounting of their hours for that particular pay period.

Pros

Always accurate and easy to modify employee time changes. Our employees are able to reliably check in and out with the small window access and not have issue with usability. As the administrator, I have been able to suspend employees, modify and also add information as an ongoing process rather than a one-time setup process. The reports are much improved as well.

Karen

Great value and easy to use software

Pros

I've been using Time Clock MTS for several years at a small internal medicine office. It's simple to use and makes it easy for employees to clock in and out on their own computers. The software works well consistently with no issues. It has made payroll much faster and easier.

Cons

We don't use some of the features, so I can't comment on PTO tracking or other things we don't use. We use it simply for clocking in and out and printing a weekly report for payroll.

Very easy for this small business to use for providing automated time in/out and payroll reports.

Easy to track hours down to the minute. Easy to run reports. Easy to edit when necessary. Was easy to install. Employees have an easy time clocking in and out.

Pros

Easy & simple for employees to "get". Nice reports for me to run payroll from. Easy to edit in case of errors or omissions.

Cons

Wish I could remove employees no longer with us from list without losing all their historical data which I am afraid could be demanded for one thing or another in an audit or something. Appears that when employees are removed ALL their records go too.

August 2016

Nice time clock/timesheet software supports fingerprint scanner, is affordable, and works.

Replaced a punch timeclock that was old and on its last leg. TimeClockMTS met the requirements with fingerprint scanner support (also supports camera photo too) to prevent buddy clocking where one employee would clock in/out for another employee. Some features you just need to try out to better understand what it does or how it works. The company does a good job of updating the software with newer versions to address new labor laws (for example the recent new sick time law in California) and/or new features or bug fixes. Overall, it works nicely at a reasonable price.

Pros

Fingerprint scanner and camera supported to prevent buddy clocking.

Sue

Accurate Dependable and Easy. Highly recommended

We've used this since 2012 for 6 employees and 50 volunteers. I have already recommended it to all my business friends, other non-profits, even if they didn't ask! I'm not really keen on the newest updated look, but that's a personal preference. I haven't had to use customer service, their helpbutton works great, it gets a 4 only because they don't have a live chat (how vital is that?! - it's not really needed) There's no other timeclock software to use!

Pros

Super easy to set up, to use, for employees to use also.

Cons

I can't think of any.

LINDA

Time Clock MTS

Pros

It is very user friendly and works well in the practice. I had it installed on 5 computers, 2 administrative computers and 3 for staff to use to sign in and out. I am in total control and fix errors for the staff. I have had other products previously and this product works well for the price.

Cons

I have no negative concerns. The product works very well. I had a hesitation,(lag) in the beginning but it was my internet that was the issue, not the product.

Reasons for switching to Time Clock MTS

I needed a more serviceable and networked product. When I found that we could just upgrade I was very happy that the transition was so smooth. I have 10 employees and all are happy using the product.

Gayle

We have used this software for years and love it!

Pros

It's very user friendly. The payroll reports are always accurate. We've used them for almost a decade. We have 20 employees that use it. Clocking in on your desktop makes it easy since they have to sign onto their computer each morning anyhow.

Cons

The suppose the only con I can think of is that in our case (strictly by choice) is that we do not use the network version. That has more options for us.

Jessica

Great Service, Great Product, and Great Support

Pros

I like most about this software is ease of use. When clocking in/out or putting in a time request, it is really easy to do those things. If for some reason a person didn't clock in, it is real easy to login as administrator and correct the errors. It is also easy to add people to the system or to remove. I find it easy to look at the punch card for any particular week and see the time.

Heather

Industry: Food Production

In our small business, we moved from handwritten time sheets to Time Clock MTS & it has been great.

Ease. Simplicity. Accurate payroll records. Efficiency.

Pros

Changing to Time Clock MTS was easy and it is simple for employees to use. Confusion with calculating hours on handwritten time sheets by employees has been eliminated. Recreating lost handwritten time sheets has been eliminated. This software has made bookkeeping and payroll tasks much more efficient. And it is inexpensive!

Cons

It was a little clunky upgrading and moving the software to a different computer but customer support was very helpful with getting us through the process.

4.74/5 out of 91 reviews