What are TimeClock Plus users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using TimeClock Plus software through verified user reviews

• icon"It’s nice that it’s web based so there isn’t much involved in getting people suing it. The user end is pretty easy to use."
  • icon"We like all the information/data was shown on the home page. We fill it's a great product for the cost."
  • icon"The user manual is excellent as well. In over 7 years I have only needed to call tech support once."
  • icon"Sometimes editing the segments when missing clocking in or out can be confusing."
  • icon"There are times when employees have trouble punching out due to the sensitivity. This can be changed but they still have issues at times."
  • icon"On a few occasions software was slow to load or did not load at all. May have been a problem locally."

Browse all TimeClock Plus Reviews

• Have you used TimeClock Plus and would like to share your experience with others?

Tiffany

Accurate tracking of time in attendance, vacation, sick, and personal time.

I often work alone in the sales office, and my attendance is verified by the TimeClock Plus punches throughout the day. Very accurate reporting of time in attendance, when working without on-site supervision.

Pros

I like the self-service feature of TimeClock Plus. All clocked hours are visible over the course of the pay period. Requests for punch adjustments are submitted through the software, as well as requests for use of vacation time, and reporting of sick time used. The software is linked to the workstation IP address, so punches can only be made while in attendance.

Cons

Occassionally time punches are not logged the first click through. I always double check the daily log to ensure each punch is recorded, and sometimes have to click through a second time. If I get rushed and a punch isn't recorded, the approving manager is able to make adjustments.

BETH

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Why I Love Time Clock Plus

We became customers in 2003 and we starting exporting to our payroll software in 2005. Time Clock Plus employees have consistently been great to work with. We have changed and added options over the years and they have been with us every step of the way. The employees, all of them, remind me of a family that enjoys spending time together whether it is work or having fun and their customers always come first. Regardless of what the future holds, I hope they never lose that!

Pros

Integrating can be stressful and time consuming with any software but Time Clock Plus walked us through each step and continues to provide support. The software is easy to use, gives us the information we need and exports to our payroll.

Cons

I would like to have more options to personalize some of the reports.

Reasons for choosing TimeClock Plus

We chose Time Clock Plus over Kronos for several reasons. Cost was the main reason but their employees made a huge difference in our decision. We spoke with Sales and Tech Support many times during the deciding process and they never failed to answer our questions in a prompt and courteous manner. Their Tech Support is

Cory

April 2022

Look somewhere else - all about the money.

We have used TCP for around 6 years. We initially had 17 employees and were happy with the software. Upon learning that the software is a contract for the quantity of employees you sign up for a year without changing, and payment up front, I noticed they just pull the money out before you have a chance to make any changes to the quantity of users. Then, you are stuck for another year paying the higher price. This has gone on for three years and they keep signing up and pulling out the cost for 17 users. This is after I told them I only have three employees. It was noted on the invoice from a year ago and they still charged me for another 17 employees at around $700+. They are crooks and need to help the customer, not screw them over for their own profits.

Pros

Initially, it worked as it should...then was too expensive with no way of getting out of the contract.

Cons

The support is abysmal. They don't care about anything but their money.

Drew

This is a great product

Pros

This is a great product. The user manual is excellent as well. In over 7 years I have only needed to call tech support once.

Cons

For our assisted living communities, this has worked excellent.

Reasons for choosing TimeClock Plus

This product had a great price point and was paired with great features. It does not have all of the bells and whistles, but it has what we need and then some.

Easy to Use

Pros

I like how simple it is to clock in and out with the software

Cons

Wish there were more features and options with the software

Reasons for switching to TimeClock Plus

Used Paycom at my last job and it was overall much better

Kimberli

Great and easy way to track hours and payroll

The main benefit is doing away with paper timesheets. This helps greatly, especially with the poor handwriting of some people. . . not to mention the poor math skills.

Pros

The ease of use is a great pro. Managers catch on quickly. Easy to fix when people forget to clock in and out. The reports are a great asset and being able to narrow things down by job code is a great plus.

Cons

I cannot figure out how to round the time. This would help greatly. If someone worked 2 hours and 13 minutes, I need it to round, in this case to 2.25 hours. I have gone through the manual and searched through the site and cannot find this as an option. I see it mentioned but no instructions on how to do this.

Justin

Industry: Wholesale

TimeClock Plus Is great

Moving to timeclock plus has been a great overall experience. I would recommend this service to anyone.

Pros

I like that its cloud based. I like that you can configure the software to fit your companies specific needs. I like that you have the options for physical timeclock or web browser timeclock or even mobile app clocks. The customer and technical support is amazing. Timeclock offers web training events to make sure you are knowledgeable on the platform.

Cons

Learning some of the features can be difficult. It's definitely a learning curve at first but is worth it once you figure it out.

Industry: Security and Investigations

Standard User

Pros

Tracking hours and reporting PTO , Sick, and Vacation

Cons

Cost and learning curve. Took a bit to get everyone onboard.

Better Tracking

Cost

Jenny

A decent upgrade from our previous paper-and-pencil system

It's been a good experience but I'm certain there are better products available.

Pros

Great interface for employees to request time off! The mobile app is very convenient for this and staff has been receptive to this new way of putting in requests.

Cons

Since we are a school our leave runs on a fiscal year, rather than calendar year, which is apparently not compatible with TimeClock Plus. This has been VERY frustrating in trying to verify correct leave balances and leave taken school-year-to-date for over 100 employees.

Jen

Time saver!

It’s been a great product that has saved the company time and effort!

Pros

This was a huge upgrade from using timesheets made in Excel. The reporting features are especially great.

Cons

I heard the initial set up was kind of a headache. Once it was set up though, it’s been smooth sailing ever since.

Mike

Industry: Food Production

Improved communication for both employer and employee

Timeclock plus has helped to improve communication between management and employees. Multiple paper forms that had to go through the correct chain of command to get to the right person have been removed as a result. Employees can go to one place to enter a request or correction and we can determine everyone who should see it and that they are properly notified. Frustration is largely reduced and we have been able to pass out certain tasks to lower level personnel because access levels restrict who can or cannot see sensitive information. Overall we have been very please with TimeClock Plus and the service we receive.

Pros

Ability for employees to connect remotely to check hours or request time off. Export features that speed up the work of payroll. Audit capabilities that track who made changes and when. Automated reports that send information to the right people at the right time. Web-based platform that allows for multiple clock-in points to reduce congestion around timeclock at sign-in and lunch time. Responsive Tech support reps that are well versed in the product and able to answer questions or explain features clearly. Ability to send a message from one place to every active employee for emergency notifications or updates.

Cons

Extensive features that, while great, can be a bit confusing to navigate or find depending on how they are labeled.

Reasons for choosing TimeClock Plus

We chose TimeClock Plus over other products because it was a company solely devoted to time and attendance software and it showed. The TimeClock Plus service was able to provide solutions to more problems than other options considered were able to do.

Reasons for switching to TimeClock Plus

We switched from our previous time clock because it did not have all the dynamic features that we were looking for regarding reports and communication.

Curry

The best time-tracking software put to the web in some time.

All in all, TimeClock Plus was a splendid experience as a non-exempt employee. Making it simple to do the regular tasks, as well as keep track of all logged time and earned time has made it my favorite application ever for clocking employee time.

Pros

This is one of those rare cases where an entire review could be summed up in just the pros. To start, it's never been simpler to track your time, request leave, and do it all remotely at the same time before TCP. When you want to view time logged, you just go to view and select the option, and it's there! The design is simplistic and pleasant to look at. The absolute coolest feature is also being able to access earned leave time on the web and remotely. This is a fantastic addition, and on top of it you can do projected earned time up to 20+ years from the current date. This may be a small thing for some, but it's a huge deal when you want to know how much time you're being rewarded with when working 40+ hours a week.

Cons

One of the only constant annoyances was a two-step login that could be tedious when forgetting to clock in, or forgetting to clock out.

Different job.

Greg

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

TimeClock Plus - A Mature Option

I found the system one of the most difficult of the 68 Software Systems our IT Department supports. The granularity of the Application is extremely complex. The Context Help is well intentioned, but almost impossible to follow, as the multi-instruction Help Bubbles disappear based on Cursor Context. I have had to hover over the Help content I am seeking, use Greenshot to capture a screen grab, then Paste the content into a Word document, repeating the process until I have what I need. Terminology is also confusing.

Pros

As an Administrator of the User side of the TC Plus application, I find that the "Copy" function of User Assignments is EXTREMELY helpful. There are perhaps Hundreds of Property Settings that may be attributed to a User, particularly Supervisors & Managers. When I add a Supervisor to an OU (Organizational Unit), I find the "Copy " Profile Assignments from a like Supervisor to be a valuable time-saving function.

Cons

The nesting of various functions is non-intuitive. I recall the first time I attempted to change a Users Password, the difficulty in locating the Form Controls which managed this method were extremely confusion. Also, the "Search" method is a bit confusion, and is not Inherited by all forms as one would expect. Once on an Employee, clicking "Roles", for example, does not display the Roles the Employee has, but defaults to the Role settings within the Organization.

Gary

Best Decision We Made for Time/Attendance/Payroll Management

TCP reduced payroll processing from 4 days to 2 hours. It also freed up 60% of the time bookkeepers were dedicating to payroll at individual schools/departments to dedicate to other tasks.

Pros

The seamless integration with our payroll software; the ease in fully automating ALL manual, paper-based time/attendance/payroll processes; the ease of detail reporting; the EXCEPTIONAL customer support; the ease of use for employees and managers; the accuracy in maintaining federal and state compliance; the management of COVID-19 related matters; the ability to track FFCRA, FMLA, and other compliance tracking; the management of the company and care it provides to customers; and the knowledge base of the support team and resources available for users.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about TCP. I submitted several requests for enhancement to company readily designed and implemented.

Reasons for choosing TimeClock Plus

When vetting Time and Attendance software, not only were TCP's feature superior to other products, but it willingly build a module needed to work with the specifications of our payroll software--dynamic!

Sam

Industry: Machinery

Great for a small business

We went from collecting time data from hand made notes to this software. It was very inexpensive to purchase, did not require hardware, and has been working great. This has saved our company 8 hours a pay period being able to import time data directly into Quickbooks and process payroll very quickly. It has also saved many hours of reentry and reduced errors as well. Overall we are very happy with the product.

Pros

Software is intuitive and easy to use. Every report that I need is already built in to the software. No need for custom report writing. The customer support is great. I am able to get questions answered right away and they even call back after a few days to follow up and make sure everything is working well. Well run company.

Cons

The most recent software update moved around several options making the software not as easy to navigate. All functionality is still there, just harder to find having used the old version for several years. Also, the web based product is fairly slow at running reports that cover multiple months. Our company recently upgraded our internet connection which helped this problem.

Price, features, customer service

Basic way to keep detailed hours of employee timesheets

This integrated with our practice management software.

Pros

Easy to use, I was able to setup the basics and import new hires easily into the software. Basic demographics of new employees is put into the system and then they are given a double-digit number to clock in and out of.

Cons

If the employee has mistake when clocking in or out, we are not able to fix it right away. They need to contact our administrator and then we can make the changes. But this has caused problems because we have an employee who is worried about their hours and we are trying to serve our customers. Basically, if a problem arises when punching in/out it disrupts the current work flow.

Response from DMI

Thank you for the review! TimeClock Plus is happy to help you in troubleshooting your problems with fixing employee mistakes when clocking in. It is a simple change in the setup by giving the managers of the employee the correct access to make adjustments to the employee's hours. Please contact our support like at 1-800-223-9300 and they can assist you.

Replied April 2018

Samantha

Saves Time & Easy to use

TimeClock Plus been so incredibly beneficial to our school district. We save an abundance of time by not having to manually figure out each employees hours. The system also catches errors which eliminates mistakes we have made entering the time manually. Also, compared to other systems we save time and resources by being able to upload the time to our school accounting system.

Pros

The program is amazing! It gives you the option to have multiple job codes for each employee. We calculate overtime based on a weighted rate and the TimeClock Plus system does that for you as well. The reports are great as well! I am able to print off reports showing the overtime and the different job codes. The system is very easy for employees to use as well. They are able to clock in/out with either the phone app,scanning their finger on the scanner located in the break room, or they can use a 4 digit code which is typically the last for of their social.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. Other than the pricing is a little high, however, you get what you pay for and this system has been a great tool for our school district.

Rob

Long time Time clock Plus user

Pros

From an adminstrative standpoint we find The software flexible and easy to use, reports and data export to our payroll service works great. Managers can easily correct punch issues, etc. From a user perspective the software has been fine. Easy for our employees to clock in and out. The software and physical time clocks are straight forward. From an I.T. perspective the software is ready to setup and admin, especially for a local install type package. Setup the server, database, shares and then install at the workstations. Easy install, reboot usually not necessary.

Cons

Our only real complaint is an I.T. issue. Backups are a very manual process. Easy to do but no automation with fail/success reporting. It is using a MS SQL express db so we were able to add that to our existing backup system with little trouble.

Time Clock Plus is Wonderful

Overall, the company really enjoys this software and even with the slight issues, everything worked out in the end. In addition, every time I have an issue I call and Time Clock takes care of my issue right away.

Pros

The most thing I like about this software is how much it offers. We use to use paper time sheets, therefore , being about to track real time is an update. In addition, I really like how we can set schedule to make sure employees aren't coming in early just to gain overtime.

Cons

Depending on how much your company does, it can be a pain to set up. For example, I realized after I already started you needed to do certain things first to make it easier on setting it up. Once I discovered this, I deleted everything I did to start over. It would have been nice to know where to start when setting everything up.

Easy to use - lots of features

Saves hours of time in manual entry over the old paper punch

Pros

Priced very competitively compared to the other big name in time clock software and has handled all of our organizations needs. It keeps up with accruals, vacation, sick, and can also be customized to keep track of specific tasks. We just needed something basic for the ins and outs and vacation/sick and this is perfect, but also gives us the ability to do more if needed. Paired this up with the biometric time clock and we were up and running in a very short amount of time. We are uploading the data into our ERP and it has saved our payroll department hours of time.

Cons

Nothing really off the top of my head. We are using an excel spreadsheet with a macro to import our data into our ERP, but it works.

BELINDA

TimeClock Plus for Public Schools

Pros

As a user of this product, I liked the ease of clocking in and out, changing the job code from class time to bus driving, and requesting time off with the option of needing a substitute. As an administrator/payroll, I like the ease of checking/managing time for employees and printing time-sheets at the end of the month for payroll purposes. Assistance with problems from TimeClock Plus has improved over the last year.

Cons

As an administrator/payroll, I have had difficulty in setting lunch breaks and assigning the options for new teachers to request a substitute. I have not always had the assistance from TimeClock Plus to resolve issues. I would prefer to have an easy-to-use guide that I could refer to when needed.

Monique

Industry: Government Relations

User Friendly TimeClock

My overall experience with TimeClock Plus has been awesome. My staff members can easily log their hours, request time off, and even track the type of leave they are requesting (i.e. personal, vacation, etc).

Pros

TimeClock Plus is beyond easy to use. The system automatically calculates your time, deducts lunch breaks, and even allows superiors and subordinates to communicate via time approval/denial messages.

Cons

Sometimes the time clock requests for sick, vacation, personal days, etc. are sent to the head administrator's spam folder, which can leave the employee wondering if their request was submitted correctly. Employees cannot clock in or out when off the company's network. This becomes a pain when staff members are traveling for work.

Randy

Long time customer trying new things.

It’s been very positive. We have been customers for approximately 8 years and have come to rely on its ease of use and always available use.

Pros

We like the easy of use in TimeClock. The HR department can find the information they need easily and our teachers are able to navigate around the parts they need without instructions or assistance. We recently moved to the cloud based option to ensure better protection from web threats. The process was easy and quick.

Cons

The only complaint I’ve heard is that the cursor doesn’t return to the is area when someone clicks in. This makes the next user have to place the cursor in the correct place. A simple tab will place it correctly and most users now automatically do that for the next user.

Comprehensive Software

TCP has everything we need from a Human Resources aspect to payroll. It keeps track of everything, and helps team leaders manage their teams better, quicker and with less time loss.

Pros

We struggled so much looking for solutions to keep attendance and track breaks, etc. We used several budget solutions that didn't work correctly. TCP was a game changer, it was a complete overhaul, it gave us the ability to keep track of many aspects of personnel attendance in each of our 11 locations.

Cons

The onboarding was tedious and the learning curve was a bit higher than expected. Especially when you are dealing with so many employees.

Reasons for switching to TimeClock Plus

We needed a serious software platform that would do the job.

Joan

TimeClock Plus is easy to use software, they are great to work with and it integrates with my payroll software.

I have used TimeClock Plus for years. Just recently we updated the software and they have made some great changes. It is easy to navigate through. I can call anytime with any questions and they help me. I love that it integrates with my payroll software. This was really one of the biggest requests that I had. It really streamlines the payroll process.

Pros

The system is easy to use and has some great easy ways to track employees. I can see at a glance if people are absent, late or missed a punch. It also integrates with my payroll software which really streamlines the process and removes the margin of data entry errors.

Cons

It would be great to have some other employee scheduling options rather than just by individual employee.

TimeClock Plus