• Pros

• "This product is very easy to use. The features within the software is amazing. It has all the information you need all in one site."

• "TimeClock Plus makes it super simple for us to enter our time worked as well as keep track of leave earned. It is incredibly user-friendly and I love using it every day."

• "TimeClock Plus is a great software. It is easy to use and easy to navigate. Our employees don't have any issues using the system. It has been great for our agency."

• Cons

• "There are a few glitches to where the times are not being recorded accurately. However the company rep has been great to help us work through getting those things fixed."

• "There may be a few too many options available. This software could use better graphics - everything else works great! "

• "Learning some of the features can be difficult. It's definitely a learning curve at first but is worth it once you figure it out. "

Browse TimeClock Plus v7 Reviews

Rob from Self-employed

Long time Time clock Plus user

Pros

From an adminstrative standpoint we find The software flexible and easy to use, reports and data export to our payroll service works great. Managers can easily correct punch issues, etc. From a user perspective the software has been fine. Easy for our employees to clock in and out. The software and physical time clocks are straight forward. From an I.T. perspective the software is ready to setup and admin, especially for a local install type package. Setup the server, database, shares and then install at the workstations. Easy install, reboot usually not necessary.

Cons

Our only real complaint is an I.T. issue. Backups are a very manual process. Easy to do but no automation with fail/success reporting. It is using a MS SQL express db so we were able to add that to our existing backup system with little trouble.

Mike from Smucker's Meats

Industry: Food Production

Improved communication for both employer and employee

Timeclock plus has helped to improve communication between management and employees. Multiple paper forms that had to go through the correct chain of command to get to the right person have been removed as a result. Employees can go to one place to enter a request or correction and we can determine everyone who should see it and that they are properly notified. Frustration is largely reduced and we have been able to pass out certain tasks to lower level personnel because access levels restrict who can or cannot see sensitive information. Overall we have been very please with TimeClock Plus and the service we receive.

Pros

Ability for employees to connect remotely to check hours or request time off. Export features that speed up the work of payroll. Audit capabilities that track who made changes and when. Automated reports that send information to the right people at the right time. Web-based platform that allows for multiple clock-in points to reduce congestion around timeclock at sign-in and lunch time. Responsive Tech support reps that are well versed in the product and able to answer questions or explain features clearly. Ability to send a message from one place to every active employee for emergency notifications or updates.

Cons

Extensive features that, while great, can be a bit confusing to navigate or find depending on how they are labeled.

Monique from COMF

Industry: Government Relations

User Friendly TimeClock

My overall experience with TimeClock Plus has been awesome. My staff members can easily log their hours, request time off, and even track the type of leave they are requesting (i.e. personal, vacation, etc).

Pros

TimeClock Plus is beyond easy to use. The system automatically calculates your time, deducts lunch breaks, and even allows superiors and subordinates to communicate via time approval/denial messages.

Cons

Sometimes the time clock requests for sick, vacation, personal days, etc. are sent to the head administrator's spam folder, which can leave the employee wondering if their request was submitted correctly. Employees cannot clock in or out when off the company's network. This becomes a pain when staff members are traveling for work.

Lorinda from mcvsd51 - Admin Bldg

Over all I am happy with TimeClock Plus. It is pretty straight forward and easy to use.

Pros

It is very easy for our employees to use as far as just clocking in and out. The mobile app is really helpful for our employees as well. As a Time Clock Plus manager, I appreciate the simplicity of it ... it makes it easier to train and encourage the use of it by our employees.

Cons

Some things seem to require unnecessary steps... The split shift comes to mind, now... If I choose a segment to split, I obviously am requesting to SPLIT that segment, so why do I then have to click the .\. icon again to split it? and why do I need to put in a "Length" under the break column a half hour IS 30minutes... just seems redundant. And why then does that segment show in red and an automatic break deduction, when actually the break is the gap of time between the two segments I just created. Little things like that become annoying over time. And really I guess there is no HUGE glaring thing that I dislike. And, to be fair, it could be that I havent learned all the ins and outs of it yet.

Ashleigh from Lifegate Christian School

It's pretty alright

All of our hourly employees punch in and out on TCP and then subs and sick hours for our teachers. It's an alright system, I just don't think it's as user friendly as it could be.

Pros

I like that I can clock in on my phone and that there's usually an easy way to fix last punches if I forgot to do something. I also like that it keeps track of PTO and things like that for the whole year, which is handy when we need substitutes.

Cons

I dislike how difficult it is to initially set up on a phone. Whenever a teacher gets a new phone or something like that, I have to help them figure it out all over again. I also dislike that the offline feature has never seemed to work. If a server is down and it redirects you to the offline version, those punches don't always seem to stick.

Amy from Mid Valley School District

TCP

We have used TCP for the maintenance of our hourly employees and to monitor overtime hours and it has saved us a time. The application has so many resourceful reports that can be run also.

Pros

I like that the software can be accessed from anywhere and is easily able to be set to your business needs.

Cons

There are times when employees have trouble punching out due to the sensitivity. This can be changed but they still have issues at times.

Angela from Virginia Commonwealth University

Yep, thats a Time Clock.

It is a good little piece of equipment. It does what it needs to do, even if it has a couple of quirks at the moment. I think the function to view leave requests is great, though I would prefer it not auto pull them up once you attempt to clock in.

Pros

- Easy to clock in and out. Most of the time. - Ability to see leave request approval/declines is pretty nice. - Sturdy piece of equipment.

Cons

- Sometimes it lags when you're attempting to clock in for the day. - It has a few bug that should be worked out, such as attempting to punch in too fast after a previous person punches out. I think overtime those will be ironed out.

David from Ebenezer Baptist Church

Complete Timekeeper

It has been great! Definitely do not regret making this our timeclock!!

Pros

TimeClock Plus not only tracks hours for our hourly employees, it also tracks PTO, provides complete statistics, and has become a valuable piece of our administration.

Cons

I wish there was a way for TimeClock to provide an off-line module. We do not have frequent internet outtages, but when we do TimeClock Plus is naturally inaccessible.

Gary from Knox Public Building Authority

Industry: Public Safety

Excellent Time Manager

lVery Good. Options for both management and employees east to use.

Pros

Easy to use for employees, numerous options for time management and time clock management for both the Supervisors and Employees.

Cons

Sometimes slow to use. On a few occasions software was slow to load or did not load at all. May have been a problem locally.

Paula from Choctaw Defense

Industry: Defense & Space

Not Bad but Not Great Either

It works... could be easier with buttons for common tasks like checking time. Not just a drop-down menu.

Pros

Fairly straight forward not bad to use on daily basis. Has most of the functionality needed by our Payroll team.

Cons

Very menu driven and not very self explanatory for new users. Must be taught what menus are needed for what you need to do.

Basic way to keep detailed hours of employee timesheets

This integrated with our practice management software.

Pros

Easy to use, I was able to setup the basics and import new hires easily into the software. Basic demographics of new employees is put into the system and then they are given a double-digit number to clock in and out of.

Cons

If the employee has mistake when clocking in or out, we are not able to fix it right away. They need to contact our administrator and then we can make the changes. But this has caused problems because we have an employee who is worried about their hours and we are trying to serve our customers. Basically, if a problem arises when punching in/out it disrupts the current work flow.

Response from DMI

Replied April 2018

Thank you for the review! TimeClock Plus is happy to help you in troubleshooting your problems with fixing employee mistakes when clocking in. It is a simple change in the setup by giving the managers of the employee the correct access to make adjustments to the employee's hours. Please contact our support like at 1-800-223-9300 and they can assist you.

Easy to use - lots of features

Saves hours of time in manual entry over the old paper punch

Pros

Priced very competitively compared to the other big name in time clock software and has handled all of our organizations needs. It keeps up with accruals, vacation, sick, and can also be customized to keep track of specific tasks. We just needed something basic for the ins and outs and vacation/sick and this is perfect, but also gives us the ability to do more if needed. Paired this up with the biometric time clock and we were up and running in a very short amount of time. We are uploading the data into our ERP and it has saved our payroll department hours of time.

Cons

Nothing really off the top of my head. We are using an excel spreadsheet with a macro to import our data into our ERP, but it works.

Randy from Klondike ISD

Long time customer trying new things.

Its been very positive. We have been customers for approximately 8 years and have come to rely on its ease of use and always available use.

Pros

We like the easy of use in TimeClock. The HR department can find the information they need easily and our teachers are able to navigate around the parts they need without instructions or assistance. We recently moved to the cloud based option to ensure better protection from web threats. The process was easy and quick.

Cons

The only complaint Ive heard is that the cursor doesnt return to the is area when someone clicks in. This makes the next user have to place the cursor in the correct place. A simple tab will place it correctly and most users now automatically do that for the next user.

Tiffany from Oasis Outsourcing

Accurate tracking of time in attendance, vacation, sick, and personal time.

I often work alone in the sales office, and my attendance is verified by the TimeClock Plus punches throughout the day. Very accurate reporting of time in attendance, when working without on-site supervision.

Pros

I like the self-service feature of TimeClock Plus. All clocked hours are visible over the course of the pay period. Requests for punch adjustments are submitted through the software, as well as requests for use of vacation time, and reporting of sick time used. The software is linked to the workstation IP address, so punches can only be made while in attendance.

Cons

Occassionally time punches are not logged the first click through. I always double check the daily log to ensure each punch is recorded, and sometimes have to click through a second time. If I get rushed and a punch isn't recorded, the approving manager is able to make adjustments.

Joan from Northland Smiles

TimeClock Plus is easy to use software, they are great to work with and it integrates with my payroll software.

I have used TimeClock Plus for years. Just recently we updated the software and they have made some great changes. It is easy to navigate through. I can call anytime with any questions and they help me. I love that it integrates with my payroll software. This was really one of the biggest requests that I had. It really streamlines the payroll process.

Pros

The system is easy to use and has some great easy ways to track employees. I can see at a glance if people are absent, late or missed a punch. It also integrates with my payroll software which really streamlines the process and removes the margin of data entry errors.

Cons

It would be great to have some other employee scheduling options rather than just by individual employee.

Shelly from Willard Public Schools

Makes my job easier!

For me, keeping employees honest is the biggest piece. Before Time Clock, I know there were employees not reporting absences and not fulfilling their contract hours. It is still a daily struggle to get them to comply, but now I have it on record and they can't get away with it anymore.

Pros

The software allows for more accountability on the employees end. Tracking hours worked is very important and going from paper to electronic time keeping leaves very little room for error. I couldn't be more pleased with the product.

Cons

Sometimes can be hard to understand the technology piece of it when setting up, but once everything is in place it pretty much runs itself!

Justin from INNOVA Disc Golf

Industry: Wholesale

TimeClock Plus Is great

Moving to timeclock plus has been a great overall experience. I would recommend this service to anyone.

Pros

I like that its cloud based. I like that you can configure the software to fit your companies specific needs. I like that you have the options for physical timeclock or web browser timeclock or even mobile app clocks. The customer and technical support is amazing. Timeclock offers web training events to make sure you are knowledgeable on the platform.

Robert from Madison School District

Seamless Integration with our ERP - Infinite Visions

Leaving Kronos and moving to TimeClock Plus was an easy move. The implementation team was great, and true experts. Seamless Integration with our ERP - Infinite Visions has been a big labor saver. The ease of the use of the product for end users is pretty good, with a modern, well designed UI. We opted for an entirely cloud-hosted option, which makes upkeep even easier.

Pros

Seamless Integration with our ERP - Infinite Visions. No need to do endless imports / exports of text files.

Cons

Single Sign-On is an added cost, and the company doesn't take it seriously. In 2019, everyone should allow "Sign On with Google" and all the other major services, standard, out of the box. Some aspects of the product can be more complex than appear necessary, but are often there for larger or more complex installs -- the downside? You're stuck with all those unnecessary complex options. URL for the hosted instance is dumb; unnecessary long, and the company is inflexible about addressing this issue - they think they know best, I disagree there.

Easy to Use

Pros

I like how simple it is to clock in and out with the software

Cons

Wish there were more features and options with the software

TimeClock Plus

I use this software daily as a department manager. It is easy to quickly evaluate everything that you need to accomplish on one screen.

Pros

This program is easy to navigate and easy to train new users. The functionality on the surface is basic, although as you need more information, it is easy to drill-down to what you need. I love the fact that it is web-based.

Yvonne from Western Kentucky University

Time Clock Plus

I love it! Its very good to use and simple. Simple is good!

Pros

I like how the overall layout is designed. Easy to navigate through out. Everything you need to know is right at your finger tips.

Cons

Every time there is an update you can not go to the section you want to because you have to select you agree in order to see your information. Its not bad but if your in a hurry or pressing for time I can slow you down.

Kia from NDGI

Industry: Farming

Great Product!

Pros

I love that this product allowed us to do our shift differentials automatically. We have quite complex payroll with how we pay our variable hour employees. This was the only software that worked the closest to what we needed.

Cons

I wish they were a little more flexible on custom needs. I also wish they had a little more documentation on what each of the buttons and checkboxes do.

Easy Tool for Employees

My employer uses TimeClock Plus to keep track of everyone in our business. It is a simple way for us to request leave, enter time, and keep track of leave accrued. We went to TimeClock Plus from printed, handwritten spreadsheets. TCP has been a lifesaver!

Pros

Cons

Working mainly from an employee standpoint (rather than a manger or an admin), I have no issues with the program.

Gary from OutterEdge Limited

TimeClock Plus Review

Overall, support is great. The product is solid and my clients like the reports they can generate about their employees time.

Pros

I support the installation and migrations of this product. My users that use it find it very easy to use. They have no issues using it and tell me it's very easy to use whether you are using their physical time clocks or the software on a Windows machine. From a support perspective, their support team is excellent and very thorough. The last upgrade was a large one and their support was very prepared and led us down a great path toward a very successful upgrade with no down time.

Cons

It is expensive. The cloud version was cost prohibitive for my client so they stayed with the onsite version.

Kyley Shinead from Genesys

Used this at my first job out of college.

Pros

Ah the days of hourly employment. This system replaced a literal punch clock at my first job. Allowed for easy clocking in and out and all without the startling noise of punching in!

Cons

We had issues using it to schedule time off. To be fair, that may have had more to do with how the system was implemented than its overall quality.

Jeanie from Cecil A. Ross Investment & Insurance Group

Easy to use and keep track of hours

Easy to use for all employees. I like being able to track my personal time because it makes vacation planning easier when I know how much I have available. It was easy to learn and if we have issues, the customer service is on point.

Pros

We started using Time Clock Plus last year and it has made tracking our hours and vacation time WAY easy. It's simple to use and learn and keeping track of our personal time, sick days, and vacation days. Employees can keep track of their hours and logging in and clocking out is a breeze.

Stephanie from Non Profit

EliminatesTime Cards and Tracks Accural of Hours

Awesome Software and compatible with payroll

Pros

This software is great to help monitor accrual of hours for employees as far as vacation, sick, and personal hours. It is user friendly and if you miss clocking in or out you can edit the segments with no problem. It gives you a selection of what preference that you would like to use for time off. It even has a option in case you have Jury Duty

Cons

Sometimes editing the segments when missing clocking in or out can be confusing

Rob from NMSBVI

TimeClock Plus Review

We use timeclock plus for daily time accounting and payroll.

Pros

The software is very user to use. The configuration was simple, and management is also very easy. Tech support is easy to access when needed, and they are quick to fix a problem.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any complaints about this software.

Laureen from ASI Gymnastics

Fast and Easy Way to Log Employee Hours

Pros

Love that TimeClock Plus is both mobile and desktop friendly. It's a quick and easy site for employees to clock in/out, view their schedules and hours logged. Employees are able to add a note to a shift for manager's review and to this day, we have yet to experience a system failure.

Cons

None to report at this time. Been using this software for a couple of years and have yet to experience any system crashes or slow downs.

Jesse from Unlimited Opportunities, Inc.

TimeClock Plus is great software.

Pros

Cons

Haven't had any issues at this point to make note of.

Daniel from Broadway Cab LLC

Everyday use is easy and reliable for our needs!

Pros

Easy to use, reliable when it comes to hour tracking for users, easy to edit punches when a mistake is made.

Cons

The software has a bit of a learning curve but once you know how to do something it is easy to go back and understand the process.

Roger from My Workforce

Great Time & Attendance Software

Exceptional software and support team to back it up. Was easily able to integrate with Payroll providers.

Pros

Ease of use and easy to integrate with other software.

Cons

The time it takes to customize/configure for Canadian Healthcare.

Stephanie from SMA Behavioral Health Services, Inc.

TimeClock Plus Review

TimeClock Plus easily solves the complexity of keeping track of employee's hours, time off requests.

Pros

TimeClock Plus is an easy to use tool to keep track of staff hours, their time off requests. It has a Teleclock feature, so if staff are not at a physical location, they can clock in and keep track of their hours.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about TimeClock Plus.

Teresa from church

New Way of Doing Things

I was surely hesitant to switch to a digital timecard, but it has been an easier transition than I first thought. The hard part is remembering to clock in and out in a new way!

Pros

I think it will be very easy to submit my time card. Very little work involved.

Cons

Response from DMI

Replied March 2019

Hi Teresa, We are happy to hear you appreciate the ease of use our software provides. We've built TimeClock Plus to incorporate an intuitive user experience and hope you enjoy it. We are however sorry to hear that you've had problems with the way time is displayed. Our tools are used by 60,000+ customers, so we're confident we can resolve your issue. If you need additional assistance, please call us, email us directly at support@timeclockplus.com, or enter a ticket at https://timeclockplus.force.com/TCPSupport. Best of luck and thank you for being part of our TCP Community.

Terry-Ann from Advantage Communication Inc

Time Clock Plus

Pros

I have the option to track the time for each person on the team. I can see all my stored logged time.

Cons

If I forget to log out an several hours pass, I am not allowed to log.

deanna from Talbot COunty Public Schools

Time keeping.

Pros

Fairly user friendly and capable of handling most normal requirements.

Cons

Hard to customize and doesn't work well with overtime calculations with multiple jobs.

Neil from EMC

A very simple to use time keeping suite.

Pros

I am able to clock in and out from a kiosk, my computer and a mobile app. I can also see how much vacations & sick time I have accumulated and used.

Cons

It doesnt allow Single Sign On when logged into your workstation. It also does not show when the used hours were taken, so there is no way to check for discrepancies.

Sarah from Idaho Skin Institute

Makes life easier

Pros

Easy to clock in and out for all users.

Cons

The time conversion from the clock in and out history is confusing from the printed time sheet.

Kayla from Bear Graphics

Industry: Printing

Straightforward, offers different features for PT and FT.

Pros

-Easy to figure out. -Secure -Part-Time and Full-Time employees have different features to utilize.

Cons

-(Maybe this was just my company) Requesting time off or vacation was not the most user-friendly for Part-Time employees -Correct a missed punch was also a headache for part-timers

rebecca from Ivey Lumber Company

Easy to use!

Pros

Cons

There is nothing that is a con about this software. I haven't really found anything that I have had a problem with or don't understand.

Brenda from Ohio Ambulance Solutions, LLC

Mistake

Terrible and incomplete implementation process. I am hard pressed to think of one thing that has worked as we were told it would.

Pros

Time tracking is good, but there are better out there. Mostly chose for scheduling system that was sold as being very specific to our industry.

Cons

Too many to list. It is not at all what we were "sold". Implementation is a incomplete nightmare. The implementation "specialists" dont even know how the software works. They are just "data inputter's" and they do very little of that even. We've had the system for well over a year and it is still not set up and has many "technical" issues.

Chip from Choctaw Defense

Industry: Defense & Space

Gets the job done but not without issues

I am a supervisor and have employees. Some of the manual time entry requirements could be easier!!

Pros

Is cloud based so I can access it everywhere to update my time and check my employees time. I do like the automatic time card feature for Exempt employees!!

Cons

Has a few quirks as for setting it up to do what you need it to. Took much longer than expected to roll out and get working correctly.

Mostly reliable

Pros

Fairly easy to use. Ability to adjust missed clockins.

Cons

When the systems go down, the software is down, Including the phone login options. Inconvenient to not be able to log in on my own device while on the WiFi.

Great tool for mid size Company.

It has served as a great payroll tool for our company.

Pros

Our company has been using this for over 2 years now and it works great. Easy to use, yet functional.

Cons

I have not run into any problems using it.

Andi from Fossil Trace

Easy everyday use

It is unclear how to get where I need to be. Missed punches sometimes are hard to fix and not easy to find.

Pros

Drop down menus are very helpful, it is easy to go back to alter time as needed for all employees.

Straightforward Browser Timeclock

Pros

It's easy to use, and being able to view your hours once logged in is always very useful.

Cons

Logging In/Clocking In feels like it takes about 4 or 5 clicks to confirm everything.

Dalton from Voss

Good luck finding it

Pros

It's a great way to keep track of your hours and to edit your hours as you take leave.

Cons

I literally have not ever been able to find a log in page when I google search for it.

Extremely pleased with this punch software

Love it completely! So glad we migrated to this after struggling with Kronos for YEARS.

Pros

Incredibly easy to use, attending the training was almost completely unneeded after seeing how simple and straightforward the software was.

Cons

Occasionally the "Punch In" button won't load, but a simple refresh of the page has always fixed it!

Callie from Colorado State University

I use TimeClock Plus on a daily basis for clocking in and out of work.

Pros

TimeClock Plus is very convenient and easy to use. You don't have to completely log into the website to clock in either.

Cons

It's not super easy to add additional places or job positions into the software, however, once they are put into the system, they are clearly displayed in a list when you first log in.

Ken from McDowell County Corrections

Easy to use software package for time management

Pros

Extremely easy to use software package to manage a large database of employees. Since this is web-based, multiple users may access the system at the same time.

Cons

Forecasting accruals can be confusing and often doesn't seem to add up. This can be challenging when employees are only permitted to carry so many hours over each year.