• Pros

• "The product itself is incredibly easy to navigate, and the staff are incredibly helpful. the reps helped me this morning. She was great. Everyone is very knowledgeable, friendly and funny."

• "We use this online product to keep track of our employee's timesheet electronically. It functions great and does exactly what we need it to do."

• "Was an awesome free small business tool. Turns out to be the same old thing. Use it for a while and services reduce to the point that you either pay their bill or is no benefit."

• Cons

• "The recent update changed some of our functionality and they now charge for features they did not previously charge for."

• "I wish they offered Time Clock Wizard in Spanish.That's it. Otherwise it's great!"

• "Nothing. We use the very basic functions of this software. The other functions require a larger fee and we use other programs that have the same function."

Browse Time Clock Wizard Reviews

Aaron from Grace Baptist Church

Industry: Graphic Design

When you work from home this tool is a must!

I still use Time Clock Wizard quite often even though my invoicing system has a time clock built in. I like the simple use of the time clock wizard over the bulkiness that is in my invoicing software, plus the fact that time clock wizard sends prompts from time to time to make sure you didn't forget to log off your time for projects. This program gives my clients peace of mind concerning how my hours are being spent while working on their projects.

Pros

Love that they have a free option that is simple to use for at home workers and freelancers. It is easy to learn how to log your time and to clock in and it give clients peace of mind that when you calculate your hours you have actually kept tract of the work you are doing.

Cons

Really can't think of any cons other than that this software isn't integrated with a invoicing system.

Time Clock Wizard Review

TCW serves its purpose for our needs. We do not use the Scheduling function because we are happy with our current scheduling software called WhenToWork.

Pros

Our Recreation center has over 100 student staff that use TCW to clock in and out of their shifts. The staff find it very simple to use. Instead of logging in and out of their account to clock in/out they can simply put in their username or email and clock in to their area. On the administrative side the professional staff can easily find hours worked, edit errors, pull reports etc.

Cons

Only one complaint is that we are unable to set standard "Employee Permissions" such as clocking in/out of a mobile device. Some settings are "standard," so after adding an employee we need to go in each account and edit the settings to our needs.

Jennifer from Northwestern Mutual

Time Tracking with Ease

Awesome. Love the sync feature for payroll purposes

Pros

I really love TimeClock wizard. The free version even tracks and uploads to sync with your time sheet which is incredibly helpful

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons, this is one of the easiest time track apps I have used with any job.

Mark from Firework Crazy

More trouble than it's worth

Pros

It's fairly simple to set up and use, cost is competitive, however since become a paid for service quality has suffered.

Cons

Constantly fails to clock people in on mobile and sometimes says people are clocked in, then when they clock out it erases the clock in for that day showing that member of staff as being clocked in for 30+ hours. No notifications of 'maintenance' which they say they do daily! so at some point every day the website is down, today it was down for several hours so none of my staff could clock in, there was no email to say it would be down and no notification when logging in of scheduled maintenance. Customer service doesn't seem remotely bothered. I take me hours each week to check staff records which are a total waste of my time. I am now trialing other solutions which offer far more for the same or less money per month. The crazy thing is when this was a free service it was great! but since it's gone paid for it's got worse!

Adria from Brickell Law Group

Efficient Tracker

Pros

I love this software because it is very easy to use by employees. It also, allows you to see through charts how many hours you have worked during the month and the salary you have earned. This makes it easier to track overtime hours and pay the correct amount of money for hours worked during that month.

Cons

I have had problems before with clocking out. I clock out, but the next day it appears that i have been clocked in for 24 hours. Sometimes, it doesn't even load at certain times of the day.

Kayla from Bear Graphics

Industry: Printing

Took Some Getting Used To

Pros

-Quickly clocks in/out -Easy to report missed punches -Allows employees to see their vacation time whenever they want, they don't need to ask HR or a supervisor

Cons

-part-time versus full-time employees experience different UIs, part-timers get the worse version -Had a steep learning curve, especially for employees used to the old system

Response from Time Clock Wizard

Replied March 2018

Hello Kayla, Thank you for your feedback.

Aaron from Grace Baptist Church

Industry: Graphic Design

When You have to keep a clock

I don't have to use it real often for clients, but when I have those that ask me to keep track of my hours this is my go to software to keep an accurate times.

Pros

When needing to keep track of hours for a small business, this is a great option with many options both FREE and paid. Easy to use and understand Easy to correct times should you forget to clock out.

Cons

I really have no complaints about this software at all. But if I have to give one it is that it has to be used while online as there are no offline options.

Tina from A-Credited Finance Consulting Ltd.

Always great service!

It's a good product! Recommended !!

Pros

The friendly, non assuming manner in which they respond to all of my questions, no matter how simple the question/answer may be.

Cons

When I have to correct timesheets, entering the correct customer is not as simple as it could be.

Preston from Axiom Health Solutions

Timeclock Wizard is the most intuitive timekeeping software I've ever used

It's extremely easy to use! It makes payroll so much easier by providing perfect reports. The interface is easy to use and actually intuitive!

Pros

Timeclock Wizard is AMAZING! It's very easy to use, the mobile app is super-convenient, and the support staff is absolutely perfect! They're extremely helpful!

Cons

The only problem I've ever had with Timeclock Wizard is on the mobile app, when my connection isn't strong.

Emeka from Boston University College of Engineering

This is a great Time clock system for employees!

Pros

The software has very useful functions and a good number of them. It does what its meant to do by providing accurate time keeping; it also has a very good mobile app.

Cons

While I am yet to find an issue with this software, I just wish it was still free with full features.

Renetta from Eternal Crisis Outreach

Industry: Mental Health Care

We love Time Clock Wizard and their team!

The Time Clock Wizard app has been extremely helpful in making the business much more efficient in the way we track customer projects and time. The application allows you to invoice directly from the time sheets. Even time tracking through the mobile app makes it so easy to keep up with tracking billable and non-billable time. Also, the Time Clock Wizard customer support has been very friendly and efficient in helping out with integration and implementation issues that have arisen. They help resolve any problems we encounter with the application. Time Clock Wizard's amazing!

Pros

Using Time Clock Wizard allows my staff an easy way to sign in and out from a clients home, allowing them to put notes in for what they helped with that day. I can look on the GPS to make sure where they are, if necessary. Customer service is fantastic, very knowledgeable and courteous. And the application is very simple to use!

Cons

There was an issue where I could not figure it out on my own. I called their support staff and worked with one of their support, she was amazing. She and her team were able to solve and correct the problem, she returned calls as promised and was a delight to work with.

Kristina from Wrapsody, LLC

This is a really great free timeclock software. It makes tracking employees easy.

I can easily catalog when my employees arrive without relying on pen-to-paper transfer or memories, and I can quickly spot trends or patterns in attendance.

Pros

The simple interfact and "use anywhere" features are fantastic. I love that although they've implemented a paid subscription, they've kept the basic features free, as I've come to rely heavily on this tool!

Cons

I understand that business needs change, and when I signed up and saw their "forever free" promise I was skeptical. Normally I avoid using features I don't intend to pay for because I don't like to become reliant on them .... but I absolutely found myself feeling a real hole in my HR space when Time Clock Wizard began charging for their amazing features like tracking tardies, having employees submit time-off requests, etc. It's definitely worth charging for -- it's a robust and straightforward platform -- but I do miss having those features available for free in my tiny office.

Useful!

Pros

I use this software as employee to track my times at the office. The software is very easy to use, it allows you to see the hours that you´ve worked in an organized time card with the dates, start and end hours and the duration of your shift. The software is very useful in order to track your next payment because it calculate it according to the hours worked. I know it has an schedule feature but I haven´t used it so far. For me the program is easy to understand and it is a practical software to track your hours and payment.

Cons

If you forget to reload the page after a couple hours and you do a clock in or clock out it doesn´t work so you need to remember to always reload the page in order to be able to perform any action (this is in the case that you left the page always open in your computer)

Derek from Hampton Township Assessor's Office

Easy to use, Easy to teach to the employees.

Easy to use, easy to teach to the employees. The interface is easy for employees and management to understand.

Pros

Easy to use, can grant employees to "punch in" on line from remote locations. It does a great job of reporting time. We used it for time off tracking as well.

Cons

Your PC needs to be on and running to punch in. Ie: My employees were often punching in later than their actual time because they were waiting for system start up, or windows updates. We ended up having to go to a stand alone time clock since we were victims of bad internet connections in our office. We are at the end of the internet circuit and lost several channels. Now that the internet is fixed I would not hesitate going back to this once the stand alone time clock outlives it usefulness.

Jonathan from Harbinger Coffee

I don't have a lot of time. I need efficiency and Time Clock Wizard fits the bill.

Best time tracker I know of. An app that works great with an excellent team backing it up. I have had nothing but excellent customer service each and every time I have called. The agents are always quick to help and very knowledgeable. I can't believe we didn't sign up earlier! This is such a great and easy app!

Pros

Time Clock Wizard has really simplified the payroll process for my clients. Like magic, all the reports appear, and what used to take hours can now be done in just a few minutes. All the employees love it too, they know they get paid for every minute.

Cons

I have not fully utilized Time Clock Wizard, so my cons may be due to my lack of experience or understanding. But, overall, I believe the product is beneficial and works reasonably well, it just takes a bit of getting used to the format and reports.

Tim from Optic IP LLC

Great tool and updated regularly

We have been using this software for about 2 years. We started on the free plan and stuck with it when it was moved to a paid plan. We use it to track our employees time, and it allows tons of defined options and custom fields. We like it and will continue to use it.

Pros

I liked the fact that that you could process payroll, timesheets, requests, and get a snap shot of how the month was going. The calendar features are great as well.

Cons

Every time you do something, it shows a loading icon. Usually sites do it all in the background, allowing you to work while it is saving data. The other thing is the clock in and out notifications don't seem to work all the time. It was better when we had sms notifications, but now with the app notifications, I feel like they are off.

John from Engelbrecht Chiropractic & Rehabilitation

Great online time clock tool

Our experience has been great with this online time clock product. We use it daily and it functions well.

Amy from Faith Church

Clock In and Out with Ease

The system is pretty reliable and fairly easy to teach and use, but we don't use some of the functions because they aren't immediately easy for our staff.

Pros

Time Clock Wizard is very easy for the people who need to clock in and out everyday! Requesting time off is easy as well.

Cons

The average user who wants to run basic reports will need some instruction to get it right and to know what hours are calculated into the totals and which are not. The learning curve is not large, but it is there.

vivek from IT

i have been using this software since 2 year. such a very useful product for our organization

I get some discount while every time i subscribe this

Pros

I like most the most useful part is quicker and friendly support of my query , and cheaper cost for such a great product

Cons

I don't think there are any least part of this product. it is very useful and i enjoying to use this product.

Vincent from Honest Tax

Thank you Time Clock Wizard!

I am always looking for the best integration for clients and employees to save us all the time. The software is amazing! It's very easy to use and is very efficient! And whenever something comes up, tech support is able to help us quickly and efficiently!

Pros

Contacted customer support online and was quickly connected to an agent, who made everything simple. Cheers, Time Clock Wizard!

Cons

We have very limited issues now, but as I was a bit rusty in using Time Clock Wizard before, I decided to schedule some time with an agent. The agent explained everything clearly and it has been very easy by then!

Arpit from Technobrains It solutions Pvt. Ltd.

Amazing application with so many features

Pros

Have been using it in our organization for a quite a while now. has all the feature and functionality you need for an organization no matter what system/structure you are following Time clock wizard will be compatible.

Cons

Works all the time but in case of support, It becomes tricker sometimes. It becomes costly when a number of employee increases in the organization.

Arpit from Technobrains IT solutions Pvt. Ltd.

Very useful utility. Lets you focus on your work without worrying about schedule or a Time

- easy employee time tracking - proper employee management

Pros

- Has amazing customisation options - Provides accurate information to management - Builds up transparency between - Has Mobile App so it so easier for employees - It supports multi location if you have multiple offices in various location - This is a one-stop solution for employee clock management

Cons

Cons are only affected when you want to do something which software isn't supposed to do. I am expecting more customisation features.

Jami from Fire Cam LLC

Industry: Public Safety

Pros

A must for a small company. This is easy to set up and use Reports are nice too.

Cons

Nothing. I think it is affordable and needed for our company.

Kynell from PierceMD

Friendly and Effective Customer Service

Cons

Kalani from Ruy Ventures Inc.

Very easy to use and support team is great.

Saves you time and money.

Pros

Simple yet offers a lot of features. I love that the customer service is always there if I have questions.

Bryan from LCU Properties Inc.

Customer Service Help

Pros

Rep. was awesome to work with, helpful in answering my questions thoroughly and quickly and getting us set up quickly on the Time Clock Wizard platform.

Cons

I got bumped off my first chat with a different rep, but other than that it was great

Adam from Satten Systems, Inc.

Very user friendly and helpful in scheduling my time.

Pros

What I like most about this product is being able set up my hours for the week and especially viewing the payroll section.

Cons

The only issue I have with this software is setting up the vacation time and sick days. I get a little confused on that section.

Saralyn from Diocese of South Carolina

Does the Job!

Pros

The website is very convenient when it comes to schedule requests/adjustments..also, the reports section helps keep up with time off.

Cons

The updated mobile app is very confusing, and not as user friendly as before.

Micheal from Deans Professional Services

Our rep rocks with the help I needed !!

Great product so far!

Pros

The chat feature and the fact it is usually easy to work in and the cool team members I have interacted with from time to time.

Cons

I do not dislike anything at this point in the process.

Karen from ABM COLLEGE

Great program

excellent tracking of employees and labor cost

Pros

Ease of use, and the live chat option. Really like the scheduler as I can see at a glance what employees are scheduled to work. Easy to correct errors. Like the new update platform.

Cons

At this time I have not run in to anything that I really can say I do not like about the program as it is.

Response from Time Clock Wizard

Replied April 2018

Thank you Karen! We appreciate your feedback.

Sara from Improve Your IT

Amazing time tracking application

Best if it syncs automatically to your payroll system

Pros

Easy to set up new users and manager level approvals

Cons

Does not sync with our Justworks platform so we have to manually enter hours for payroll

Annette from LowCountry Custom Screen Doors

I find that this is a very good product and functions well with my needs and my employees time cards

Perfect time sheet totals with employees names and weekdays and pay dates making my payroll easier and faster

Pros

It is easy to use I feel anyone could use this product no matter how little you know about doing time cards sheets ect .

Cons

The only thing I have found is that sometimes it crashes when I am using it but other than that I haven't its good

Response from Time Clock Wizard

Replied April 2018

Thank you for the great feedback, Annette! We really appreciate it.

Lynn from Amberwick Corporation

Bait and Switch

Pros

Ease of use and timecard reports I was able to print for our one hourly employee before they changed their policy to not allow printing on free accounts. It has other features that I do not need that might be helpful to some.

Cons

Started out free for up to 3 employees. We have one. 4 weeks later I go to print her timecard and it won't print unless I pay. I know that is not a lot of money but I felt like my information was being held hostage for money. Customer service said they put a notice on the website but I guess they don't realize that all managers don't log in before doing their payroll reports. Did screen printouts of this pay period and will look for a different program.

Easy For The Basics

Pros

This product makes clocking in and clocking out a breeze.

Cons

With the last software update, it is taking abnormally long to get the program to function properly.

Tiffany from Creative Care, Inc.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Best software ever!!

You are mad if you do not use it in your business.

Pros

Everything and the optics of the program are great.

Cons

I would not change anything as the program is simply perfect.

Teri from accessevals

Great experience with Time Clock Wizard!!

So far so good enjoy the product and customer support is right on.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is awesome easy to work with vary helpful.

Cons

I have not found anything that I dislike you.

Denise from McConnell Colorectal Center

The executive was and TCW team is always very polite and always able to resolve my question or problem

Pros

Ease of use and I don't have to wait on hold for more than 2 minutes to speak to a tech. They have always been just perfect

Cons

It is not Time Clock Wizard problem, but we are not using Time Clock Wizard with our Quick Books yet. I run the report right from Time Clock Wizard website which is very easy!

Adam from Wingman

Customer Support is very helpful

Pros

Simple to set up and use. Time tracking export to invoices in a snap! Representative did a great job getting me set up for the first time to generate a client invoice. Seems like this will be a huge efficiency tool for business! Thanks!

Cons

Nothing so far- seems intuitive and works with QBO!

Patrick from RxB

Started out free, then the bait and switch

The features started out great, then they went to a strictly paid model, but there are much better fee for service products out there.

Pros

Easy to setup, and the paid version is very customizable, with lots of features, tools, and controls.

Cons

Started free for unlimited users with all the basic tools one would need for a time clock. Then they changed the platform such that only three users were allowed (one of them being the account manager), unless you wanted to upgrade to the paid version. Most recently they eliminated ALL reporting...unless you pay for it each month. They are now holding my data hostage as I refuse to pay even a paltry fee for what was promised to be free. This software should never be listed on a list of free software. The free version is a glorified calculator.

Jennifer from MORRIS SHEPPARD TEXARKANA FCU

Payroll Problem Resolved

Pros

Ease of use, it is mobile friendly and synchronizes with QuickBooks

Cons

I don't get it for free however it is reasonably priced.

Wesley from Globeflight

Time Clock Wizard Review

Pros

Very Easy and straight-forward, love the GPS feature!

Cons

No complaints so far, honestly. Satisfied with the app.

Pros

Cons

Holds your employee information hostage for money. Look for a different program!! Would imagine that there are others that have received same diminishing service and just move on without voicing their concern or pay the ransom to avoid the hassle. Interesting business model. I am currently bringing on additional folks for the holidays and knew that there was going to be additional cost for the service. Fortunately this didn't happen, peak season.

Nikole from Roscoe Callaway Co. Inc.

Time Clock Wizard is great!

The ease of use is awesome! I can print payroll reports, keep track of my employees and know where they clock in and out at!

Pros

My employees can clock in and out using the mobile app! Effective at keeping track of where my employees clock in and out with the gps tracker!

Cons

Nothing I don't like!

Emily from Name Brand Wigs

Amazing customer service

Great product to work with overall! Don't believe me do a trail run

Pros

Online chat was easy. Our rep answered all my questions. She was very knowledgeable and kind.

Cons

No dislikes at this point. learning to navigate the website has been pretty easy

Adrian from SCANEX IMAGING

Industry: Printing

Excellent!!

Pros

The support team is very personable, and helpful and understands how to treat people with kindness. The team is clear and concise.

Cons

Set up very user unfriendly...confusing and I totally need the support team great help!!!

Johnny from Prayer House Coffee

Works really well for our specialized need!

It's a huge help for our organization.

Pros

It's the only software out of the 10+ we tried that works for our needs. I'd say that's a win!

Cons

Doesn't have offline mode for the login just yet.

Wilson from Scribe-X, Inc

Clock in and clock off schedules

Pros

She was very helpful. I was very happy to have things fixed so quickly.

Cons

Nothing. I was very pleased with the support she gave me.

Richard from Vida-Blend LLC

Excellent Customer Service

Pros

Answered by a person, very short hold time, excellent results!

Cons

Would like addresses on customers to link to google maps and provide driving instructions.

Andrei from TechyParts

Horrible service, glitchy software and rude customer service

We paid for a year and once accountant noticed that they overcharged us by 20% over previous year they would not refund the payment even though the service was used for less than a month into the new year plan. We customer service of this company was very rude about this incident.

Pros

There is really no pros. There are plenty services out there that offer better features and cost much less!

Cons

There are a lot of glitches in timesheet function. Just selecting the right employee in timesheet is a challenge. You will be dealing with their bugs that they never fix forever. Costs 3 times higher then their competitor pricing. They increase the subscription price without any notice and you are locked in if you selected a yearly plan.

Ghediya from Technobrains IT solutions Pvt. Ltd.

This site is usefull.

Pros

Employee time sheet. most of the payroll system is good for all who have a small organization. the time clock is best payroll system.