• Pros

• "Easy to use and download at any given time. "

• "This product is very easy to use. The staff has no difficulty when clocking in and out and I can print payroll very easily"

• "Easy to use, reporting and management is great"

• Cons

• "If something not working, hard to get hold of customer service. But they are really helpful."

• "integration with quickbooks would be great to have functionality. maybe more features having to do with back office operation "

• "It takes a little time to get use to it, but if you are using Excel - it should be no problem, as set up is pretty similar. "

Browse TimeFlow Reviews

avishai from ReallyTech Corporation

Industry: Computer Hardware

working with timeflow over 8 years - 5 star software

saving a lot of time and headache

Pros

ease of use, compatible with multi-user and printer reports are exactly what I need. option of password and fingerprint

Cons

customize the report by adding company logo for printing in timesheet summary and detail for each employee

Excellent punch clock, excellent value

Pros

I have used the Duoserve Timeflow app for many years now, and it is very helpful and easy to use. All of my employees find it very convenient. It is quick for them to punch in and out, but it also has many reports which they can run themselves. As the manager, this app gives me good tracking capability of each employee, they punctuality, sick time, vacation time (paid and unpaid) and probably more. Also, editing punches for when people forget is quick and painless. A+

Cons

I would like to see more customization in the future. The product has remained largely unchanged in the 5+ years I've been using it.

Dr Robynn from Advanced Relief Chiropractic & Acupuncture

I wish it ws easier to correct staff hours when they forget to punch in.

Cost effective since past staff writing down hours would round up and it cost me a lot in the end of the month. Bad is when our internet is down, we can not connect to the server and keep accurate staff hours.

Pros

It allows me to know when my staff actually get to wk and leave. I hated the honor system of writing down hours. Funny how everyone rounds up on their own.

Cons

The admin feature of correcting hours and the login is too easy for staff to look over my shoulder and see/learn my password. A finger print system for touch screens would be excellent to prevent copying passwords and clocking someone else in.

Excellent Time Clock

I've been using TimeFlow for about 5 years. It's much better than a time clock. I would recommend this highly. This is an excellent product if you track time for employees.

Pros

Ease of use Can change time if errors are made

Cons

Slightly bulky database functions can take some getting used to but not a big problem

Kemmy from Goodson & Taylor, CPAs

Use for a small office time keeping

Pros

Very simple to use and to get reports, employees can monitor hours easily, wide range of reports which makes the software useful

Cons

Difficult to set up new user, usually have to get help since we do not do it that often. it would be nice to record vacation and sick hours easy

TimeFlow is an excellent product we have used to track employee's hourly time for several years. It is easy to use yet sophisticated enough to offer

Pros

Very easy to use, easy to pull reports/time sheets. Great for making corrections as needed when an employee does/doesn't clock in/out correctly

Cons

A little slow when opening, there is some lag time. Also, it is not possible to download it on our remote desktop server

Brawn from ANS

Does its job--feels somewhat archaic

Pros

The software is pretty straight forward for basic functions like clocking in and out. Because I'm often flying in right as work begins, I appreciate the simplistic process of clocking in.

Cons

When going to print my timesheet, selecting custom dates or selecting the whole last time period is not as easy as you'd expect. I wish this aspect was simpler to use.

Keith Royal

TimeFlow works great!

We have used Timeflow at our non-profit agency as a timeclock system for over 3 years. It has worked great. It is easy to use and easy to set up. Worth the money.

Pros

Easy to use and easy to set up.

Cons

Wish it was free. But worth every penny.

Matthew

Timeflow software

It has been a great experience using Timeflow. Most other time clocks out there will make you pay an ongoing fee but Timeflow you just pay once for the software. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the program itself is much easier to use than our last one. I can't tell you how long we spent on our last time clock software when someone forgot to punch in and we had to enter in their times manually if you forgot to put in am or pm the program would not let you save it and gave no indication of where the error was at. This product is so much better, well done!

Pros

Ease of use and one time payment

Gabriel from Virtual Monitor

Great and easy to use time keeping software

We use on a small group of people without any troubles, it's simple and cheap.

Pros

It's easy to install and work with, have everuthiong to track the employess during the work and have option like vacation, holiday and much more.

Cons

We didn't have any real problems, maybe the user interface could be more simple.

July 2016

Kenneth from Drs. Hall and Szeto

July 2016

Works for Us!

Once we upgraded to the online system it has been incredibly smooth and convenient for our office. We have been using it for several years and have had little to no problems using it.

Pros

Functionality is incredibly easy! We don't have a lot of issues using the software and it's great to have it on multiple computers in the office. Before we were only able to have it on one.

Cons

There are some feature that we don't really use so it would be nice to take those feature off. It was also hard to submit our credit card online after our because the expiration date only went up to 2020. Renewing the service took a lot longer than I was expecting.

Jennifer from Oasis Gardens Corp

Great software

We purchased TimeFlow software in 2012 to replace a system that used time cards. we have been happy with our purchase.

Pros

I love that my employees can see the time of their last punch when they clock in/out. If an employee forgets to punch in, they see that when they leave. We catch and correct errors much more quickly than we did with a card swipe system.

Cons

Wish there were an "undo" button or that changes would revert to the original punch time unless confirmed in the Admin/management menu. On rare occasion a shift manager has made a change to the wrong day and realized it before saving, but has to remember what they changed to put the original punch back.

Tammy from Premier Auto Sales, Inc.

Overall Good - But Wish It Was GREAT

We use the Duoserve Timeflow as our main Electronic TimeClock. There are many features we like about it, however, it falls short in areas that we would prefer to have....such as different categories for time away such as Birthday, Jury Duty, Funeral or any other categories covering time away. It's not appropriate to lump these absences into "Vacation, Holiday, Sick or Regular". Also, being in the Eastern Standard Time Zone, we have issues getting support when as timely as we would like. Other than those things, we find it suits our needs adequately enough and decent value for the price.

Pros

Easy to use - like the biometric feature and reports easy to read.

Cons

Needs additional features as explained in comments submitted. Support not always available when needed due to time zone differences.

Lauren from Cindi Heal Allstate Agency / Heal Enterprises, Inc.

We have used the TimeFlow clock for our office for 2 years now and we love it.

The time spent on payroll is cut down quite a bit. I allows each individual worker to not only view but print out their hours while keeping the privacy of everyone else's profiles protected by adding a password. It has helped accountability for time worked honest and fair. It also gives great reports for punctuality/tardiness which has helped when doing reviews with each employee monthly.

Pros

Easy to use and easy to log in for each individual employee. The set up for payroll viewing on employees is not only easy to use and navigate but extremely helpful when it comes time to submit payroll.

Cons

To be honest, the only thing that I can even think of is that we update the background depending on season/occasions...it would be nice to have more options for customizing the wallpaper.

Keli from NC Printing LLC

Industry: Printing

Great Time Clock for the Money!

I have 5 Employees that use this everyday. It's easy for them to punch in and out multiple times a day. When I am ready to run time sheets for the week it's simple and easy. I just review everyone's entries and make sure they are correct. If I need to make a change it's super simple and quick. Once the times are correct I can easily run a summary of the time and print that out to log into Quickbooks Payroll. Takes me about 15 minutes every other week. I highly recommend this it's affordable and it actually works.

Pros

Easy to use, Does exactly what I need it to do.

Cons

Sometimes it has weird Defaults I'm sure it's an operator error but I know how to get around them now so it's not a big deal.

Response from Duoserve

Replied January 2017

Thank you for your review Keli. You can use Parallels on Mac to run TimeFlow. Many of our users do that.

Rafael from Smiles of Boca

Excellent, Easy to use, Employee Time-keeping

We are a small business with 5 employees. From installation to implementation, TimeFlow has been absolutely amazing and painless. Customer Service was very responsive and helpful when we ran into a bump during installation. We installed on a Windows 7 PC, no issues, it has been running without a problem for years now. Employee punching in and out is super easy, especially for those that are not computer-savvy.

Pros

Easy to Use Value for the cost Easy installation Helpful customer service and quick support

Cons

Takes some time to learn all the features, but it's down more to the individual user than the app itself

Daniel from AON

June 2016

It is Now Updated and Works Much Better!

TimeFlow software has a simple step by step installation. It works on most modern machines. Both expert computer wizards and novices can install the software and adding employees to start accounting for their work sign in and sign out is very easy. The newly updated software is secure and safe and this gives users peace of mind.

Pros

Add convenience in the workplace. Both employers and employees find it resourceful. Offers ability to keep up with everything employee managers need to know about their employees during the work hours. Increases productivity

Cons

Vendors of the software take long to update their stuffs. There is no timely update when required unless creators of this software begin now.

Kayla from Kaldi's Coffee Roasting Co.

I use TimeFlow daily as an admin and usually have no qualms.

Pros

I like that you are able to run reports, and easily edit clock in/out times. I also like how the types of clock ins are separated by vacation, holiday, sick, etc.

Cons

I do not like that when changing the date for a holiday or vacation day, you have to move it from "approved" to "pending" then back to "approved." As the admin, you should be able to change it without any errors. I also do not like that I cannot run an annual report. I do not like the discrepancies between reports as far as how OT is accrued with sick days/holidays/vacation. One report will include those hours in the OT accrual (which is inaccurate), and the other does not.

Angie from Portland DBT Institute, Inc.

A good program for keeping track of employee hours

Employees can be in charge of tracking their hours rather than supervisors, then administrator just needs to run report to verify hours

Pros

Can run reports, can install on multiple machines and data syncs up, easy to make time sheet corrections

Cons

Reports can be difficult to run (date ranges inaccurate); user interface can be slightly complex for our company's needs; clock in/clock out buttons have low contrast - can be confusing and employees will accidentally clock in/out twice in a row, throws off time sheets

John from Fairway Children's Med Group

Excellent Cheap Time Keeping Software

We have used this software for more than 6 years and so far we are very happy with it because we have a small number of employee (less than 10) and do not need a very expensive software. This software works extremely well for the price. I would recommend any employer who does not want to spend a lot of money and find a software who can do the job. On top of it we do not have to pay monthly fee.

Pros

Ease of use, no monthly fee and very reasonable price.

Cons

I really do not see any. I just use this to keep track of the hours of a few employees.

Kim from Flooring Liquidators

Good Service

I have always had good feedback and help when requested. Good value for what you get. It took me a bit to learn the Time Flow system, but once learned was very easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use and download at any given time.

Cons

Can be confusing at times on how to change or alter employees punches.

Response from Duoserve

Replied January 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you find TimeFlow simple to use and user friendly, as well as being a good value for the price. We welcome any and all feedback about features you would like to see, and you can always submit any suggestions through our support forum.

Petrina from Noahs Ark Child Development Center

TimeFlow not working due to Technical issues, resolved quick and courteously. incentive for review

Quick and easy way to implement in and out times of all our employees. Great aid in doing payroll

Pros

Simple system for employees to locate their name and put in their password. Also the in and out boxed feature helps to prevent errors. Adjustments can also be make easily if there is an error.

Cons

Overall we have had no real problems. Possibly if the in and out time boxes were highlighted differently or if the time after you hit enter on the box was a bit quicker it would prevent some issues.

Carrie from Tenderness Health Care

Works for what we need

Pros

We only use the timeclock feature and this makes it easier to track attendance. The application is easy for employees to use, and it allows them to track their own hours. If you need account information, it is easily accessible online in my account.

Cons

It can be cumbersome to adjust employee times when errors occur. An easier employer view would be more welcome. Customer service only accessible online. It is difficult to get someone on the phone. Response time for requests submitted online can be variable. It would be helpful if more payment options existed. A mobile application is preferred.

Katrina from San Tan Family Medicine PC

Generally, we really like it. Simple. Easy to use. However, ability to reach support is a major con.

Simple, Cost Effective, Very few complications. We just need more helpful and responsive customer service when a complication does arise...especially on the phone. Thanks!

Pros

The software is simple and easy to use. Very few problems in that regard. Good options available. Fairly dependable.

Cons

It is Very difficult/almost impossible to get a hold of anyone there on the phone to assist when complications or questions arise. Experience difficulty when needing to transfer DuoServe to a new computer.

Micah from Lawrenceville Pediatrics

Excellent Time Keeping Software

Our medical practice transitioned from an old time clock, with its propensity for errors (user and otherwise) to TimeFlow at the beginning on 2015. It has been a success across the board - from correcting an employee's time when they neglect to clock in or out, to running payroll reports, approving time off, etc. It's easy to set up, easy to use, and very easy to maintain. We're tremendously pleased with TimeFlow, and I highly recommend it.

Pros

Ease of use - from the setup to day to day functionality.

Cons

I'd like to be able to alphabetize my employee list, especially as new employees are added.

Response from Duoserve

Replied March 2017

Thank you for your review. We are glad TimeFlow replaced a system that wasn't working well for you. We look forward to serving you in the years to come.

Megan from J.Q. Dickinson Salt-works

Industry: Food Production

Excellent Program

Easy to use. Can put all employees in and change as needed. Can track time efficiently and effectively.

Pros

This program is easy to use. Works well for our small business. Has just the right amount of functions for us to have productive use of a time clock for payroll purposes.

Cons

I am hard pressed to find something that I do not like about this program. We use it with no complaints in our office. We were provided an incentive for this review.

Marc from Hok Nik Creative Inc.

We saved time AND money using TimeFlow - it works perfectly with our remote work locations.

Pros

Ease of use, simple to understand - nice user interface. Reports were also nice to read and review. This product has helped us facilitate working with employees from anywhere - allowing us to manage the timesheets and deal with payroll from anywhere!

Cons

I don't think there are any cons. It would be nice if it would notify or send text/email to remind user to punch in or out - some users always forget to clock out...!

June 2016

Mike from Olympia Construction, Inc.

Duoserve Timekeeping Software Review

We have used Duoserve for seven years and are very satisfied with the ease of use, accuracy, and functionality of the software.

Pros

The software is user-friendly and requires virtually no explanation for new employees to begin using.

Cons

The only issue we have had is transferring the software from one computer to another (e.g. during computing upgrades).

Richard from Rick the Computer Guy

IT professional that uses this software for clients looking for a reliable, easy to use timeclock

I like the incentive program, where I receive something from Duoserve, but honestly, I would recommend the software even if there was no incentive, its a good product at a reasonable price.

Pros

It's reliability, rarely has issues, always available. I have clients that have been using the software for over a decade, still happy with it.

Response from Duoserve

Replied February 2018

We are glad that you as an IT person find this software a good fit for your clients, and that you tye have not had many issues for over a decade.

Diane from Park Lane Medical Group

Makes payroll a breeze

We use this product for recording timesheets for our two employees. It is very basic but does just what I need it to do. Easy to install, VERY easy to use, and makes processing payroll a breeze!

Pros

Ease of use, easy installation

Cons

This product must be installed on each computer, so you can't access the timesheets wirelessly from a different location.

Joslynn from Marrich Chiropractic, INC

Makes keeping up with the hours easy and accurate. It is easy to learn and print out required report

The easy clock in and out and submitted payroll reports for payroll.

Pros

Easy for employees to clock in and out. Easy to pay for holidays and sick days. I like how all the type of paydays are separated.

Cons

Not much I don't like about the software. No complaints as of yet. The only issue is when there is a server problem and the employees cannot clock in or out. But is simply corrected by reinstalling the software.

Jarid from Douglassville Auto Body & Sales Inc.

Great Software for the price

I believe TimeFlow is a great product for the price, and has a very easy user interface with many features.

Pros

Timeflow does exactly what one needs for time calculation services. It allows easier ability to monitor vacation days, requests, hours worked, etc throughout the year, as opposed to paper tickets

Cons

Sometimes it freezes, but other than that its functionality is exactly as described.

Nicole from Striped Cow

TimeFlow has been a great program to work with.

We are easily able to manager associates and time sheets. It's one of the simplest easiest software I I have used for clocking in.

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy how easy it is to use. The administrative functions are easy to understand and work with.

Cons

I dislike that when the computer is asleep and you use the spacebar to wake up the computer it will automatically clock in/out the clerk who was last clocked in/out.

Sherry from Skin Technology

Overall Good Program

The program is overall functional and certainly gets the job done. It is slightly difficult to train new people on the admin function - it's not immediately clear how to pull down employee records, but we are not displeased with this program and will continue to use it. Customer service is always very helpful with any issue we've ever had and displays courtesy, patience, and good communication skills every time we've called in.

Pros

Good customer service.

Cons

User interface slightly non-intuitive.

Jarid from Douglassville Auto Body & Sales Inc

We switched from Paper Cards and a timeclock to TimeFlow and its much easier for everyone.

Faster payroll every week. We no longer have to calculate manual time cards and add everyone's hours together.

Pros

The user interface is easy, and easy to override or manage if necessary. The ability to utilized holidays, vacations, and normal working periods creates a very easy payroll day.

Cons

There is not a way to separate individual jobs out during a person's clocked in period (This isnt a HUGE deal though)

lisa from the animal den

Industry: Veterinary

Basic and Easy

good customer service

Pros

TimFflow is a nice and simple online time clock. If you dont want a lot of bells and whistles this would be a great product. We went from employees signing in/out on paper to this online system and I'm so glad we did. Printing reports for payroll is fast and easy.

Cons

When you have to clock someone in because they forgot...the steps aren't smooth

Shanna from Chestnut Hotel

Has worked great for our small business

We decided to use TimeFlow over 2 years ago to help better track our employee's hours and breaks. Since using TimeFlow our payroll has been made so much easier. TimeFlow is efficient, easy to use, and Cheap!! Thank you TimeFlow for such an amazing product to help make my job EASIER:)

Pros

Very easy to use. Reports are simple and exactly what is needed for efficient time clock records.

Ksenia from Glycerin Traders LLC

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Easy program for small compaty

We are small company that have about 25 employees in 3 different locations. Timeflow perfectly meets all our needs. It is easy to create and customize reports, add new employees, adjust time. Simple clock in and out for all our employees.

Pros

Easy of use

Cons

Angelina from Schlamp Family Medical Clinic.

Sometimes the employees will clock out and it doesn't take.

Pros

This software is easy to use. It is easy to clock in and out, check your hours, add new employees, fix time. I like that it shows you if an employee never clocked out for the day.

Cons

A lot of times the employees will clock in or out and it doesn't work. They then have to call me so I can go in and fix it. Always logs off randomly.

Jeffery from Blue Water Pool Service

Accurate and simple to use for staff

Time savings

Pros

Simple employee time entry.. There are very few issues when staff enters time in, time out for start of and end of day or during lunches and breaks.

Cons

Some setup areas are quirky. The initial view is hard to navigate so we always switch to trable view. Set up of new employees isn't always simple.

Marty from Sun Automotive

Been using this software for years, there is a reason we haven't switched.... It's perfect!

Simplification of my day, time is money and I couldn't even imagine how much time this one application has saved me, not only with record keeping but by eliminating mistakes as well.

Pros

Installation was a breeze, the client application allows sign in from multiple locations and the database keeps track of all the information so I don't have to.

Bridget from Schlamp Family Medical Clinic

Love it! Easy to use. Especially like the finger sign in.

Ease of clocking in and out. Love the finger scanning device. Using the finger scan doesn't disrupt some else using the computer.

Pros

Easy to use. I love the reporting features. We can change or add time quickly. It keeps the hourly payscale as well.

Cons

Customer Service is hard to reach at times. Once you email customer service they are quick at replying.

Natalie from Albany Pet Hotel

Industry: Veterinary

Positive Review

Pros

I like how easy it is for employees to clock in and out.

Cons

For our overnight employees, I wish there was a way for the software to recognize that their shift may start before midnight and end past midnight. Instead, the software always marks these punches as an error as though the employee never clocked out from the previous day.

Kevin from CGS

Industry: Industrial Automation

Digital time card system for small business

I do not have to add up time cards.

Pros

Easy to use and this is a cost effective program for a small business. We purchased license before it went to a subscription based program.

Cons

Not many Cons but it would be nice to have paid holidays automatically entered and avoid going through each employee every holiday.

Herman from CGCNWCM

The agents are helpful

It is a very good program for keeping up with your employees time. I think the fingerprint device keep the employees on on his level. This way they cannot have another employee clocked them in and out.

Pros

It is a very good program for keeping a handle on your employees time. It is easy to use and that keeps down the frustration of having to do time cards. I think is very good program.

Cons

What I like least about the program that it is hard to get in contact with representatives sometime. There's answers that you need right away and sometime it take days to reach someone. I don't remember getting a call back from a timeflow representative. I normally have to call them back from lack of response.

Victor from Best Automotive

Easy to use, accurate great reporting

Time flow allowed me to track employee hours and keep a accurate and safe record of them .

Pros

Simplicity of use ,the reports are well design and detail . the cloud service allows for peace of mind of data not getting lost .

Cons

would like to enlarge the font or format for easier reading ,other than that I don't have any complaint..

Mubeen from Muswick LLC

TimeFlow does a great job of providing an easy to use software with a plethora of features.

Pros

Tons of features. I can access the system from multiple stations. In addition, there are many filters that I can use to get a better understanding of my employee's work schedule.

Cons

Sometimes the software does not sync properly. While this is rare, it requires me to go back in and manually input the times.

Jennifer from Macoupin Family Practice Ctrs

TimeFlow

we have used Time Flow for years. It is easy to use, affordable and takes care of everything we need in a timeclock.

Pros

So easy to use for staff and admininstration

Cons

I cannot think of anything that it does not do that we need.

Reasons for Choosing TimeFlow

Ease of use, cost and previous experience with the software

Jessica from Amber Hill Physical Therapy

We changed programs it was not a smooth transition.

Pros

Easy for employees to use that is all I have to say about the pro and the payroll reports are easy to use.

Cons

Which it would intergrade with our payroll software plus if you say cloud base then it should be cloud based one month fee for as many computers as you need this one computer per office.

Karina from Family Dermatology Center

Easy to work with

It allows us to keep track of our employees times accurately.

Pros

Easy to clock in and out. Checking and fixing people's clock times is also fairly simple. Creating and printing reports is very easy.

Cons

When trying to adjust employees' times the start date is always months before, sometimes the previous year.