All Virtual TimeClock Reviews

Stephanos

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Update received

Just logging in and out. We don't hand out time sheets as we work "all in".

PROS

It works fast and easy, self explaining for the employees – we use it with a touch screen Mac as a central time clock, so no learning necessary.

CONS

A bit difficult in the backend. Still lost user passwords can't be retrieved, also the interface would be nice in a german localized version. We'd like to help with this.

Hi Stephanos, thank you for reviewing your Virtual TimeClock software. I'm glad the time clock has been working so well for your team! For security reasons, the TimeClock does not store passwords in plain text, which is why they can't be revealed/retrieved. Instead passwords are stored as hashes, which keeps them secure. You can always delete or change user passwords in the User settings window. Thank you very much for your feedback, we appreciate it. Happy time tracking!

Replied October 2018

Quentin

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Reliable, no hassle and available as a local database

Fantastic overall experience. Reliable, scaleable, affordable and super easy to use.

PROS

It's easy to install and rock solid reliable. You can purchase the software and be done with it. No annual 'fees' or additional purchases unless you need to add more timeclocks to other computers (in our case, adding employees). Otherwise, install it and forget it. Love Virtual TimeClock.

CONS

It can be a bit tricky to move to a new machine. Say a computer dies or you want to upgrade. We've added several employees and swapped out most of the computers that were running Virtual TimeClock, so I'm pretty good at it now. Maybe 3 minutes, tops. The first few times took 10 min or so, but it's really not that difficult.

Reason for choosing Virtual TimeClock

Because you can purchase a license to use the software...and be done. You can use the software on as many client computers as you pay for, and never have to pay again. You don't own the software, but you don't have to pay another dime for as long as you own it, unless you want to change the software or number of 'client' licenses. Absolutely love Virtual TimeClock for that reason above all others. When you're shopping for a timeclock software, everybody wants you to pay a monthly or annual 'fee' to use the software. While Redcort may offer similar, subscription based products, they also have the stand alone version that is 100% local, with no future fees.

Thank you for the kind words and review, Quentin! We do have plans to simplify Virtual TimeClock installation down the road, which will in turn simplify moving the software - stay tuned for that. I'm glad to hear the We're glad it's been working so well for your practice, thanks again!

Replied August 2019

Charlynn

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

review of redcort timeclock

internet and avast have been an issue bumping the server and time clock. It siezes up a lot and has to be started and stopped to fix it. It's great when it's working except for the issues above. For some reason, some of the reports keep bringing up terminated employees and I have to refresh the people and dates to clear it. In configuring user info, if I am making notes on an employee & try to save and move to another employee to enter notes on them, I have to save and close out and go back into configure users to enter the next person's notes. Its stupid that it wont let me save and move directly to another person. Im seeing a lot of glitchy things like that which are irritating and inefficient

PROS

Once you get it set up and use it regularly, its easy to use.

CONS

For manual entries (all I do), it does not advance the time per entry. Example: 8am-8:30 travel. At this point if the clock would advance last time entered in (8:30am for the next entry' start time, it would be extremely helpful, esp when interrupted by phone). For reports, ie: I needed to see who and how many hours each person worked for a particular time frame in 2019. Only the active employees showed up on the report. If I am printing a report from the PAST, it should show the correct employees and correct hourly wage for those employees at that time frame, but it does not. Very irritating. I have to double check everything to ensure the reports are accurate.

Reason for choosing Virtual TimeClock

It seemed like the best fit at the time.

Thank you for the review Charlynn, we will reach out to you regarding the reporting. As for the manual entries, that is a good suggestion and we'll make a note of it as a feature request.

Replied April 2021

Reviewed July 2018

Fantastic Timeclock Software

It massively streamlined our time tracking. Having multiple locations made it difficult to consolidate payroll. Now everything is networked and updated automatically!

PROS

I have 74 employees in 6 different locations using this software. It's amazing to be able to see who is currently working where, and the reporting options are extremely flexible. I host it on an Amazon Web Services instance, but you can use your own server as well. I export the payroll to Quickbooks and use Intuit Payroll, and it takes me about 20 minutes to process everything. Adding additional clients and locations is extremely easy. The employees love it too. They can review their hours and send messages to HR using the client at their location. The pricing is absolutely fantastic. This was one of the only options I could find that didn't require monthly subscription costs. And the software gets better and better with every update.

CONS

Nothing comes to mind. I've never had any problems with it. It is so flexible and customizable for locations, groups, tasks etc. that it should be able to do exactly what you need it to. Oh, I know. It doesn't have a mobile app! I think they were working on one a few years ago and suspended development, but I have no need for one so it's not a "con" for me. But I can imagine there would be businesses that would want that, so it's something to consider.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! Mobile is certainly still on our priority list, so stay tuned!

Replied July 2018

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Awesome software, and fantastic support!

PROS

This software is great. We came from a time card "punch" style system that was very outdated and not very efficient. This made reporting a breeze, and allowed for us to be more efficient with our time cards, and go paperless! Set up was easy, the support team is great. I have never had an issue calling and having them fix my issues, which is rare.

CONS

I know this will be implemented soon, but you guys NEED to roll out the phone apps. We have employees that are on the road all the time, and need the availability to clock in / out to keep up to date with their time. I can't tell you how many times I get the excuse that they forgot to clock in / out or adjust their time because they had to open their laptop and use the software that way. Cry me a river right! Well I am sure they will still be bad about keeping their time up to date (this is important because of the daily reporting we do with the labor), but they won't be able to use that as an excuse anymore! That is when that feature gets rolled out.

Thank you for the review and feedback, John! We appreciate the encouragement and I'm glad to here the software is making your life easier. Thank you for being patient with us as we work on mobile apps. We know it has been a while in coming, but we look forward to making mobile apps available just as soon as we can. Thanks again!

Replied April 2019

Reviewed April 2018

This system is effective/simple with very good customer support and great reporting for accounting.

We moved from paper to electric records very easily.

PROS

The Virtual Time Clock Pro Client Network system is very simple and easy to install. Great customer support and very cost effective. Simple for users of all capabilities to use.

CONS

Time rounding for accounting is the least attractive feature but that is an analog time to digital decimal issue. I wish Virtual Time Clock Pro rounded to the nearest thousandth decimal or beyond to get closer to analog calculations. It only rounds to the tenth decimal currently. This creates pennies that accounting has to add to employees pay every month to make the totals populate correctly in excel. It is a waist of time for accounting, the system should be able to calculate/ronud more accurately.

Thank you for your review and feedback, we appreciate it! I'm glad the software has been working well for you and your team! Our time rounding settings are meant to help eliminate a couple minutes of overtime from adding up, but it sounds like you might want to turn off time rounding altogether? All of the time calculations in Virtual TimeClock are exact to the minute, it's the rounding that will affect user in/out times by tenth or quarter hours. For more information, check out the Time Rounding article in our Knowledge Base, or please give us a call!

Replied April 2018

Amy

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Best time clock software!

PROS

Being the administrator I love the ease of setting up the users and editing payroll entries (a lot of Students forget to clock in and out!)

CONS

Sometimes the server goes down and causes the program to go offline to users. I think this might be an internal issue but I'm not positive. Restarting it again is simple.

Hi Amy - thank you for leaving your review of Virtual TimeClock! I'm glad to hear the software has been working so well for your staff and students. We'd be happy to help troubleshoot any issues that come up, please reach out to technical support at (559) 434-8544. We're here to help!

Replied January 2019

Noemi

Reviewed March 2018

It is a user friendly program to use

Timesheets. The way the hours are already there for us to enter to payroll. There is no manual calculations.

PROS

The ease it is to make adjustments and modifications. Employees do not have a problem using this program.

CONS

If there is an error and it needs to be deleted, it takes a time to delete an entry. This is the only thing I might have an issue with

Thank you for your feedback, Noemi. We're happy to hear you're enjoying Virtual TimeClock! Deleting entries should be a speedy process, so we'll be in touch to make sure you're getting the most out of your software. Thank you!

Replied March 2018

1 employee

Reviewed February 2019

Simple to use, Simple to update

PROS

I've used this software with previous employers. It is very easy to administrate the users and easy for the employees to use. I particularity like the red highlights that alert you to any potential time clock issues. The company has made the updating process much easier with the current version. You can check for updates with the click of a button. Their phone support is very responsive, very helpful. The value is excellent!

CONS

I have no problems with the software, and find the company thinks of improvements before I do.

Scott

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Excellent time clock software

PROS

Cover just about all time clock and management features. Clocking in/out is easy. Tracks all PTO, vacation, sick leave, etc. Works great on network allowing multiple time clock stations. Installing updates on server and stations has greatly improved over the years and is very easy to do.

CONS

There's nothing I don't like about the software.

Juliet

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Fit our needs

Overall this time clock system has made my life a lot easier with respect to our payroll. During the peak of the season when we have 130 employees all doing numerous jobs, i.e. coaching part of the day, working in the bike shop another part of the day or perhaps helping as a lift attendance. So the ability to change roles and track it through the time clock is a life saver for me!

PROS

The feature that was extremely important to me/us was the ability to "choose" what job function you are performing and change that function as you switch to another role during the day. We have many different "departments" within our company and we track all payroll for each department separately. This helps me to ensure that payroll dollars go against the correct area with much more accuracy than the system we used prior to this.

CONS

We are supposed to be able to have managers review and approve their own employee hours which is great but I have had a hard time setting this up and implementing it.

Reasons for switching to Virtual TimeClock

The inability to track different roles/departments.

Hi Juliet! Thank you for taking a few minutes to review Virtual TimeClock, we appreciate your time. I'm glad to hear the Activity Tracking feature is working out well for the bike park staff. I will email you some information about setting up manager timecard approval. Please reach out to our technical support staff if there's anything we can do to help! www.redcort.com/contact

Replied April 2020

Anne

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2019

It's About Time

The last time I needed to call Tech Support was much better than before. Usually, I have to leave a message, IT then calls back, asks for a credit card, waits for processing, then they help you.

PROS

Time is reported in "regular time" so there are no conversions necessary (for example: If time for the week equals 40.43 that means 40 hours and 43 minutes ... NOT 40 hrs. & almost 1/2 of an hour).

CONS

Administratively, there is definitely a learning curve. Corrections to be made are a bit tricky, but understandable once you grasp the processing of the information.

Hi Anne, thank you for taking the time to leave your review and feedback! I'm glad the software is working well for you and you're feeling more comfortable with the administrative functions. I apologize for any confusion about our technical support. We do offer an optional support plan for Virtual TimeClock that provides free support/training/upgrades, but for customers who opt-out of that plan there is a charge to open a support ticket. Thanks again!

Replied April 2019

Joel

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Easy to Use, Affordable, Cheap to Implement, a Simple Timeclock Solution

I was blown away when a member of their staff answered my questions same-day about differences in software, and actually setup a phone call for the next day to discuss how to implement and work throuh hurdles. The software isn't expensive, so to have a company so focused on customer service is quite surprising.

PROS

We are able to sign in with a simple (or complex) pin or username/password if we want, but for our company, we can use a simple pin to sign in and out. Running reports to see what hours look like is a breeze as well. We implemented it with a cheap 10" tablet from Amazon, and with a wall mounted case, it looks professional and including software, which is a one-time purchase, we spent less than $500 on a timeclock for as many - or as few as we need to track.

CONS

I wish it had the ability to just send reports via an email address on a bi-weekly basis, signing in and out and into administrative mode can be a pain with a touchscreen tablet, so it would be nice to just have the hours sent to our HR for review, but clicking a few extra times is no big deal. If we get frustrated it, we contacted redcort and we can upgrade to a networked edition for signing in remotely and managing it. I wish the timeclock screen was a little "snazzier", but simple is better.

The laptop died.

Hi Joel, Thank you so much for your kind review! Our engineering team is looking into the ability to send reports via email in upcoming releases. We'll keep you updated if that becomes available in an upcoming release.

Replied October 2020

Felicia

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2018

Great value!

Easy time keeping with minimal training needed

PROS

Virtual TimeClock by Redcort Software is a great asset to our company with 550+ employees. They are quick to reply if there are any issues, which rarely is there an issue. They are stable and reliable and the best software for the money. We have looked around and couldn't find anything that compares in the same price range.

CONS

Sometimes wish settings were easier to change in mass on users. Would like a way to have only active users show in lists when choosing employees in reports. No major cons though.

Thank you for the review, Felicia! We're thrilled you've been keeping time with Virtual TimeClock for the last 13 years! I will reach out to you today about those couple issues you noted to see if there's any way we can help. Thanks again!

Replied April 2018

Dave

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2021

New User

I manage the timeclock software, punch station/kiosk and tracking of attendance. So far its been very easy to use with the exception of a few things not being available.

PROS

Ease of use clocking in and out for the employees which have no experience in dealing with computers so not having profiles and passwords was a huge plus.

CONS

Timely customization of new feature suggestions. Would be nice if I could pay for features to be put into the software. One user pays for a feature they need and other users get it free in update. Also, take suggestions for the software enhancements and let your users vote on what ones will be written into the software. After all it is the users that work with the software on a daily basis. User input can be very valuable if utilized.

Reason for choosing Virtual TimeClock

Ease of use, software programs available and price point.

Reasons for switching to Virtual TimeClock

Breeze was suppose to be an upgrade in their system moving the programs from software to cloud based. It became very unreliable and nonassessable. Tech support was contacted but improvements were not made to fix the problem.

Hello Dave, Thank you for the review. We are constantly working to improve our product and we welcome and track all feature requests. While we do not currently have a pay for custom feature option, we do prioritize the development of the most requested features. Please feel free to contact our support with any questions you have. We are happy to help you get the most out of your software.

Replied January 2022

Beth

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2018

Awesome program, wonderful service & staff!

This software significantly decreased the time it took me to do our payroll biweekly. No more adding up time cards or trying to decipher timecard punches from our old time clock.

PROS

I have been using this software since 2012. It easy to use, easy to update and when I have rarely had problems their team has always been available to help in a friendly, professional manner.

CONS

The only thing that I could say I even remotely dislike about this software is that you have to uninstall and reinstall to update and I believe this is corrected in the 2018 version where updates are automatic.

Hi Beth, thank you for your review and feedback! We completely agree, manually updates can be cumbersome, so it's been a great addition to have the automatic updates in Version 18, like you mentioned. Thanks again!

Replied March 2018

Jamie

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2018

TimeClock

PROS

The thing that I like most about the Virtual TimeClock software is how easy it is to setup new employees and how it integrates with Quickbooks. It's so simple for our new employees to enter their information and not worry about tracking their time/worrying about entries. If any employee misses an entry or forgets to clock in/out it's so simple to fix! The time clock report we use at the end of the month is great too!

CONS

Since it serves as one function for our work-space there's nothing that I dislike about this program. It's so easy to use!

Jamie, thank you so much for taking some time to review Virtual TimeClock! We're so glad the software is working well for your team. Happy time tracking

Replied November 2018