Virtual TimeClock

Virtual TimeClock Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I absolutely love the accuracy this software program provides. The product is very easy to use with little training necessary."
  • icon"This is the easiest timeclock you will use for your employees. The feature I like best is that you just set it and forget it."
  • icon"What I like most about this software and the fact that it is very efficient and I love the speed of customer support."
  • icon"More features than I need. No difficulties or dislikes, though."
  • icon"When the system crashes, sometimes its hard to recover the correct data. This is not a normal occurrence."
  • icon"I guess the only thing I would want is to know where the employee clocked in or out. There are always ways to cheat the system."

Browse all Virtual TimeClock Reviews

• Have you used Virtual TimeClock and would like to share your experience with others?

Eric

Industry: Printing

Very stable and high quality product that is great for SMBs

Pros

It just works. That is not an easy thing to say about any software. Windows and Microsoft Office fail constantly and have zero support. The very few times that I have had trouble over the last several years, they were very responsive and helpful. Problems were resolved on the first try. They also actively keep working to make the product better. Over the years, the feature set has increased to the point that we aren't even using all the features they have. They send out useful information periodically, but they aren't spammy about it.

Cons

There are a couple minor gripes that boil down to my personal preferences in UI. I would appreciate a menu of buttons for each user without needing to right-click to access something as basic as a time sheet. The most basic in/out options appear with a single click.

Response from Redcort Software

Thank you for your review and feedback, Eric! We very much appreciate your business over the last 14 years. I will send your UI recommendation on to our development team, we're always listening for ways to improve the user experience. Thanks again!

Replied February 2019

Rachelle

Great for tracking hours

This is a very good program that is very affordable. It does exactly what I need it to do and the customer support is amazing. Any time I have a question I have received fast and friendly service.

Pros

This software is easy to use and set up. I use it for payroll as well as for specific jobs. Each job has it's own # and employees can easily switch between different jobs throughout the day. I can print out hours for each job or for each employee or for a specific timeframe. It's very easy to filter for exactly what you want.

Cons

After a job is complete and moved to "inactive" you cannot print a report for it unless you make it active again, it would be nice if you could choose between active, inactive or all activities. You also cannot clock back into that job just by making it active again, there are several steps to go through to allow employees to clock into it again after it has already been changed to active. It would be nice to allow only certain employees access to certain activities without making a new group for them because you can't view more than one group at at time. If I want to see all users I will get past employees as well. If I make an admin group and a tech group I can't view everyone that is clocked in, I would have to switch between groups to see everyone that's clocked in.

Reasons for switching to Virtual TimeClock

The TCP software was running off an old timeclock that had to be connected to a computer and had only one clock. This software we run on several tablets so each employee can have a clock in their location.

Response from Redcort Software

Hello Rachelle, Thank you so much for the favorable review. Historical data for inactive jobs or activities is visible when running an "All Entries" report. Filtering options only display active activities though we do have a feature request for filtering by inactive. Please feel free to contact our support with any questions you may have. We are happy to help.

Replied January 2022

Patricia

Pdickson

It is faster and more reliable than Timelot. Reports and admin tasks can be on more than one computer. Employees can see info on vacation and missed punches

Pros

I own my copy and do not have to pay monthly or per user fees.

Cons

1. does not interface with Quickbooks ONLINE 2. Scheduling is limited. Need to have more flexibility. We have overlapping shifts, we need to apply a schedule to each employee. 3. Need a holiday calculator based on the number of hours worked. Holiday should auto post based on the calendar of holidays.

Reasons for choosing Virtual TimeClock

Cost without per user fees Simple time clock screen for employees

Reasons for switching to Virtual TimeClock

Wanted an interface to QBOnline and it was misunderstood that your product did. As it turned out you only interface with the desktop QB software. Wanted scheduling Wanted to print from more than one "host" Wanted employees to be able to see and correct their mistakes Wanted a better way to track vacation and holidays

Response from Redcort Software

Hi Patricia - thanks for stopping by to leave your feedback! We've had a lot of request to integrate with QuickBooks Online and we'd like to provide that down that road, so stay tuned. I'll reach out about your shift schedules question and holiday calculator, I'm happy to submit those requests for you. I'm glad the program has been simple for you and your employees to use. Thanks again!

Replied November 2019

Industry: Medical Devices

Big Improvement

It was easy to setup a different version of the standard report so I had the data viewed a little differently than their standard versions provided. It was easy to setup all of the employees in the program and it's been simple to use.

Pros

The product was simple to setup and implement. Everyone adapted quickly to the new program.

Cons

I haven't encountered any issues so far.

Reasons for choosing Virtual TimeClock

I liked the features that were offered with this program more then the other program we considered. It more closely matched the style and security features we were looking for.

Reasons for switching to Virtual TimeClock

We switched because the biometric scanner that connected with our old program broke. We'd also been looking to switch to accommodate users that have been working from home.

Samantha

May 2022

Excellent and Great value

Overall our experience has been excellent. We are able to provide our team an easy way to clock in and out, track their time, view their time. It also provides our accounting office with records and reports they need.

Pros

I chose the Virtual Time Clock because it checked all the boxes, providing all that we needed. I was looking for a software that was easy for my team to use, and easy for them to be able to see their information. It is very easy to set up and get started, and use.

Cons

The software does not integrate with our accounting software, but I knew it wouldn't, there is nothing out there that will provide integration along with a job costing feature.

Reasons for choosing Virtual TimeClock

Strictly based on our needs. Virtual Time Clock gives us the information we need to process payroll, and at a great one time purchase price, no subscription.

Reasons for switching to Virtual TimeClock

Previous system stopped working...it was a hardware issue.

Response from Redcort Software

Thank you for the kind review Samantha. We are glad the software works well for your needs. If you would please send over the specifications for your payroll provider we can add them to the development list. We are always adding additional integrations based on demand. Thank you again for using Virtual TimeClock!

Replied May 2022

Allyson

June 2022

Perfect Software for Tracking Employee Time

Printing timesheets on a bi-weekly basis is easy and works well for us. We love that we can enter our employee's rate of PTO and it calculates the amounts automatically. It's great for keeping track of how much PTO is used and lets us know how much we still have available to use.

Pros

Virtual Timeclock is simple to use and to set up. It makes clocking in and out daily a breeze and is very effective at tracking PTO and vacation hours.

Cons

I can't think of any ways to improve this software at this time.

Scott

Industry: Veterinary

Excellent time clock software

Pros

Cover just about all time clock and management features. Clocking in/out is easy. Tracks all PTO, vacation, sick leave, etc. Works great on network allowing multiple time clock stations. Installing updates on server and stations has greatly improved over the years and is very easy to do.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about the software.

October 2022

Have used for 10 years; best customer support ever

Overall it does what it does extremely well with excellent customer support.

Pros

Ease of use. Excellent customer support.

Cons

Would love if it were cloud based. Have had issues when internet provider swaps out cable modem. Have to reconfigure port forwarded and troubleshoot.

paola

September 2022

great love it...............would buy again

always great customer service is great and always there to help i love angie she always is the person i get when i have questions

Pros

easy to use and work with love it alot

Cons

nothing much no complaints had no issues yet

refferal

Nancy

October 2022

Virtual TimeClock review

I'm spending less time calculating employee hours.

Pros

The product was easy to install and use.

Cons

I didn't understand that I had to go through an approval process in order to change the pay week.

Reasons for switching to Virtual TimeClock

The old TimeStation version became unwieldy.

Response from Redcort Software

Hello Nancy, Thank you for the kind review. Any purchase includes 30 days of support and training on the software. If you have any more questions please feel free to contact our friendly staff.

Replied October 2022

Diane

Industry: Farming

Computerized Timeclock

This software is easy to use, integrates with our accoutning software, and is a good value.

Pros

This integrates with our accounting software, which was one of the determining factors when we choose this timeclock software. It is easy for our outdoor, non-computer type employees to use.

Cons

I know that there are features that we are not utilizing to the full potential. We keep things pretty basic, so nothing has been frustrating or cumbersome.

Quentin

Reliable, no hassle and available as a local database

Fantastic overall experience. Reliable, scaleable, affordable and super easy to use.

Pros

It's easy to install and rock solid reliable. You can purchase the software and be done with it. No annual 'fees' or additional purchases unless you need to add more timeclocks to other computers (in our case, adding employees). Otherwise, install it and forget it. Love Virtual TimeClock.

Cons

It can be a bit tricky to move to a new machine. Say a computer dies or you want to upgrade. We've added several employees and swapped out most of the computers that were running Virtual TimeClock, so I'm pretty good at it now. Maybe 3 minutes, tops. The first few times took 10 min or so, but it's really not that difficult.

Reasons for choosing Virtual TimeClock

Because you can purchase a license to use the software...and be done. You can use the software on as many client computers as you pay for, and never have to pay again. You don't own the software, but you don't have to pay another dime for as long as you own it, unless you want to change the software or number of 'client' licenses. Absolutely love Virtual TimeClock for that reason above all others. When you're shopping for a timeclock software, everybody wants you to pay a monthly or annual 'fee' to use the software. While Redcort may offer similar, subscription based products, they also have the stand alone version that is 100% local, with no future fees.

Response from Redcort Software

Thank you for the kind words and review, Quentin! We do have plans to simplify Virtual TimeClock installation down the road, which will in turn simplify moving the software - stay tuned for that. I'm glad to hear the We're glad it's been working so well for your practice, thanks again!

Replied August 2019

Angela

Easy timeclock software on Mac

Keeping track of employee's hours, managing attendance, sending messages when needed, allows staff to monitor their hours to keep OT under control, manager access to oversee payroll budget when making the schedule.

Pros

The system has a kiosk interface on the mac that can easily convert to an administrative screen for supervisors to run reports. The latest updates to the system allows missed punches to be added by the employee with a note stating the correction or suggestive start/stop time that was missed. Can send notes to the employees. Install is super easy.

Cons

They stopped developing a cloud based/mobile based version. If updating software goes too long after many updates to Mac IOS, then the system doesn't want to backup when set (doesn't work well with backing up to a remote device) or the daemon to run the timeclock service from server to client drops more frequently.

Reasons for choosing Virtual TimeClock

Simple interface, setup, good customer service / support

Reasons for switching to Virtual TimeClock

We went from Windows computers to Mac. TimeTrax works great on Windows PC, no Mac version as of 5 years ago.

Response from Redcort Software

Hi Angela! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and your feedback. I'm glad to hear the time clock continues to be a benefit to your company. I can assure you that mobile apps for Virtual TimeClock are still a high priority for us; thank you for being patient with us! We're not aware of any issues with scheduled backups not working after upgrading macOS - please make sure when you upgrade operating systems that your version of Virtual TimeClock is still compatible. You can view system requirements in the support tab on our website. Thanks again Angela!

Replied July 2019

Fantastic Timeclock Software

It massively streamlined our time tracking. Having multiple locations made it difficult to consolidate payroll. Now everything is networked and updated automatically!

Pros

I have 74 employees in 6 different locations using this software. It's amazing to be able to see who is currently working where, and the reporting options are extremely flexible. I host it on an Amazon Web Services instance, but you can use your own server as well. I export the payroll to Quickbooks and use Intuit Payroll, and it takes me about 20 minutes to process everything. Adding additional clients and locations is extremely easy. The employees love it too. They can review their hours and send messages to HR using the client at their location. The pricing is absolutely fantastic. This was one of the only options I could find that didn't require monthly subscription costs. And the software gets better and better with every update.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I've never had any problems with it. It is so flexible and customizable for locations, groups, tasks etc. that it should be able to do exactly what you need it to. Oh, I know. It doesn't have a mobile app! I think they were working on one a few years ago and suspended development, but I have no need for one so it's not a "con" for me. But I can imagine there would be businesses that would want that, so it's something to consider.

Response from Redcort Software

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! Mobile is certainly still on our priority list, so stay tuned!

Replied July 2018

Awesome software, and fantastic support!

Pros

This software is great. We came from a time card "punch" style system that was very outdated and not very efficient. This made reporting a breeze, and allowed for us to be more efficient with our time cards, and go paperless! Set up was easy, the support team is great. I have never had an issue calling and having them fix my issues, which is rare.

Cons

I know this will be implemented soon, but you guys NEED to roll out the phone apps. We have employees that are on the road all the time, and need the availability to clock in / out to keep up to date with their time. I can't tell you how many times I get the excuse that they forgot to clock in / out or adjust their time because they had to open their laptop and use the software that way. Cry me a river right! Well I am sure they will still be bad about keeping their time up to date (this is important because of the daily reporting we do with the labor), but they won't be able to use that as an excuse anymore! That is when that feature gets rolled out.

Response from Redcort Software

Thank you for the review and feedback, John! We appreciate the encouragement and I'm glad to here the software is making your life easier. Thank you for being patient with us as we work on mobile apps. We know it has been a while in coming, but we look forward to making mobile apps available just as soon as we can. Thanks again!

Replied April 2019

Laura

Industry: Veterinary

Time Clock Learning Curve

Fairly easy to navigate, now that I know what I'm doing. The learning curve was a little steep and I'm sure there are still features I could be utilizing that I haven't figured out yet. Customer support is always ON POINT! Very helpful.

Pros

Ability to look at everyone's time clock reports through the payroll feature and being able to set each payroll period.

Cons

We didn't know that it wasn't set up to automatically figure in overtime for any employee that was entered AFTER we set everyone one up with a customer support rep. This caused us to have an employee bring me all overtime she didn't get paid from when she started in Feb. 2019 till Oct. 2019! I looked like an idiot and she lost trust in me to correctly do payroll. Very frustrating.

Reasons for switching to Virtual TimeClock

Impromed was too limited on features.

Response from Redcort Software

Hi Laura, thank you for taking the time to review Virtual TimeClock. We appreciate your feedback! You are correct, since the software allows you to configure overtime rules on a per user basis, overtime rules are not currently auto assigned when you add a new employees. That being said, I would be happy to submit your feedback to our team, we're always looking for ways to make the software better for our users. Thanks again!

Replied January 2020