• Pros

• "This product is very easy to use and understand."

• "Super easy to use.and customers service is the best."

• "This product is easy to use and reasonably priced."

• Cons

• "The mobile version is not available. Other than that we are really very satisfied with the software, never had any complaints from our users."

• "There is not much that I do not like about this software because it does do what I expect. The setup jargon is a little intimidating at first, but this is mainly due to my lack of experience in HR. "

• "At first it can be a little cumbersome to get all of the groups and reports set up, but once that it does it is SUPER easy to use the software."

Browse Virtual TimeClock Reviews

Eric from Visual Workplace

Industry: Printing

Very stable and high quality product that is great for SMBs

Pros

It just works. That is not an easy thing to say about any software. Windows and Microsoft Office fail constantly and have zero support. The very few times that I have had trouble over the last several years, they were very responsive and helpful. Problems were resolved on the first try. They also actively keep working to make the product better. Over the years, the feature set has increased to the point that we aren't even using all the features they have. They send out useful information periodically, but they aren't spammy about it.

Cons

There are a couple minor gripes that boil down to my personal preferences in UI. I would appreciate a menu of buttons for each user without needing to right-click to access something as basic as a time sheet. The most basic in/out options appear with a single click.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback, Eric! We very much appreciate your business over the last 14 years. I will send your UI recommendation on to our development team, we're always listening for ways to improve the user experience. Thanks again!

Angela from New Glarus Bakery

Easy timeclock software on Mac

Keeping track of employee's hours, managing attendance, sending messages when needed, allows staff to monitor their hours to keep OT under control, manager access to oversee payroll budget when making the schedule.

Pros

The system has a kiosk interface on the mac that can easily convert to an administrative screen for supervisors to run reports. The latest updates to the system allows missed punches to be added by the employee with a note stating the correction or suggestive start/stop time that was missed. Can send notes to the employees. Install is super easy.

Cons

They stopped developing a cloud based/mobile based version. If updating software goes too long after many updates to Mac IOS, then the system doesn't want to backup when set (doesn't work well with backing up to a remote device) or the daemon to run the timeclock service from server to client drops more frequently.

Reasons for Choosing Virtual TimeClock

Simple interface, setup, good customer service / support

Reasons for Switching to Virtual TimeClock

We went from Windows computers to Mac. TimeTrax works great on Windows PC, no Mac version as of 5 years ago.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied July 2019

Hi Angela! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and your feedback. I'm glad to hear the time clock continues to be a benefit to your company. I can assure you that mobile apps for Virtual TimeClock are still a high priority for us; thank you for being patient with us! We're not aware of any issues with scheduled backups not working after upgrading macOS - please make sure when you upgrade operating systems that your version of Virtual TimeClock is still compatible. You can view system requirements in the support tab on our website. Thanks again Angela!

Jennifer from Medical Products Resource

Big Improvement

It was easy to setup a different version of the standard report so I had the data viewed a little differently than their standard versions provided. It was easy to setup all of the employees in the program and it's been simple to use.

Pros

The product was simple to setup and implement. Everyone adapted quickly to the new program.

Cons

I haven't encountered any issues so far.

Reasons for Choosing Virtual TimeClock

I liked the features that were offered with this program more then the other program we considered. It more closely matched the style and security features we were looking for.

Reasons for Switching to Virtual TimeClock

We switched because the biometric scanner that connected with our old program broke. We'd also been looking to switch to accommodate users that have been working from home.

Patricia from Dickson Enterprises Inc

Pdickson

It is faster and more reliable than Timelot. Reports and admin tasks can be on more than one computer. Employees can see info on vacation and missed punches

Pros

I own my copy and do not have to pay monthly or per user fees.

Cons

1. does not interface with Quickbooks ONLINE 2. Scheduling is limited. Need to have more flexibility. We have overlapping shifts, we need to apply a schedule to each employee. 3. Need a holiday calculator based on the number of hours worked. Holiday should auto post based on the calendar of holidays.

Reasons for Choosing Virtual TimeClock

Cost without per user fees Simple time clock screen for employees

Reasons for Switching to Virtual TimeClock

Wanted an interface to QBOnline and it was misunderstood that your product did. As it turned out you only interface with the desktop QB software. Wanted scheduling Wanted to print from more than one "host" Wanted employees to be able to see and correct their mistakes Wanted a better way to track vacation and holidays

Response from Redcort Software

Replied November 2019

Hi Patricia - thanks for stopping by to leave your feedback! We've had a lot of request to integrate with QuickBooks Online and we'd like to provide that down that road, so stay tuned. I'll reach out about your shift schedules question and holiday calculator, I'm happy to submit those requests for you. I'm glad the program has been simple for you and your employees to use. Thanks again!

Jeff from Print It / Sign Media

Industry: Printing

Nice product that works for what we need and a lot cheaper then other products

Pros

Easy for Employees to use and nice reports.

Cons

Would be nice to let employees log in remotely with smart phones. I think this option is available but cost more then we want to spend.

Reasons for Choosing Virtual TimeClock

The product does what we need.

Brandi from Grossman Law Offices

Industry: Law Practice

Overall Virtual Time Clock has been great for employees to clock in and clock out. It keeps track of holidays, overtime, paid days off and is easy to read timesheet once printed.

Pros

This software is inexpensive and does the job fairly easy.

Cons

We have never been able to get the software to link work with QuickBooks. At first I spent time with customer support trying to resolve the issue and could not fix the issue. I have had our accounts manager try to resolve the issue and she could not fix the issue. We can get it to add some employees time correctly, but then some employees never would transfer hours correctly. We use the software for employees to clock in and out only. Then the accounts manager enters the hours manually into QuickBooks. We gave up.

Reasons for Choosing Virtual TimeClock

We chose Virtual Time Clock because I did the trial for us to try out. It was easy to use and we decided to keep the software.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied October 2020

Hi Brandy, Thank you for your kind review! We have several customers that use Virtual TimeClock with Quickbooks Desktop and we would like to get that issue figured out for you. Please contact us at www.redcort.com/contact at your convenience and we'll work with you to resolve this.

Theresa from Mille Lacs County Area DAC Inc

Loyal Customer

I have enjoyed this product and working with your team over the years.

Pros

I love how simple it is to implement and to use. It's customizable for my needs.

Cons

A mobile application that works with Apple products-Ipads and Iphones, would be my top priority. In fact, we are looking at other solutions that would work better for our needs.

Reasons for Choosing Virtual TimeClock

We are only now searching other products.

Joel from Multicare Health Clinic

Easy to Use, Affordable, Cheap to Implement, a Simple Timeclock Solution

I was blown away when a member of their staff answered my questions same-day about differences in software, and actually setup a phone call for the next day to discuss how to implement and work throuh hurdles. The software isn't expensive, so to have a company so focused on customer service is quite surprising.

Pros

We are able to sign in with a simple (or complex) pin or username/password if we want, but for our company, we can use a simple pin to sign in and out. Running reports to see what hours look like is a breeze as well. We implemented it with a cheap 10" tablet from Amazon, and with a wall mounted case, it looks professional and including software, which is a one-time purchase, we spent less than $500 on a timeclock for as many - or as few as we need to track.

Cons

I wish it had the ability to just send reports via an email address on a bi-weekly basis, signing in and out and into administrative mode can be a pain with a touchscreen tablet, so it would be nice to just have the hours sent to our HR for review, but clicking a few extra times is no big deal. If we get frustrated it, we contacted redcort and we can upgrade to a networked edition for signing in remotely and managing it. I wish the timeclock screen was a little "snazzier", but simple is better.

The laptop died.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied October 2020

Hi Joel, Thank you so much for your kind review! Our engineering team is looking into the ability to send reports via email in upcoming releases. We'll keep you updated if that becomes available in an upcoming release.

Daniel from ABQ Dental Associates, LLC

Latest version is great!

The overal experience has been great for over 14 years now.

Pros

After using the old version (don't even recall which one) for many years, my old iMac G4 finally died and I was "forced" to move up to the latest. It was a great surprise. Easy to use and implement. Cleaner interface and the added reports are fantastic. Some of the old methodology remains so it keeps it somewhat familiar. I do like the means whereby if an employee clocks out the next morning (by accident because they didn't clock out after work the previous day), the system flags that entry as a possible error and allows for repair.

Cons

The software doesn't really have many weak points for my application.

Tara from Snyder Orthodontics

Life is so much easier with Virtual TimeClock

Pros

Simplicity, accuracy, time saving on payroll day.

Cons

I like everything about this program. No cons.

Expense

Quentin from Tricia Birdwell MD Inc

Reliable, no hassle and available as a local database

Fantastic overall experience. Reliable, scaleable, affordable and super easy to use.

Pros

It's easy to install and rock solid reliable. You can purchase the software and be done with it. No annual 'fees' or additional purchases unless you need to add more timeclocks to other computers (in our case, adding employees). Otherwise, install it and forget it. Love Virtual TimeClock.

Cons

It can be a bit tricky to move to a new machine. Say a computer dies or you want to upgrade. We've added several employees and swapped out most of the computers that were running Virtual TimeClock, so I'm pretty good at it now. Maybe 3 minutes, tops. The first few times took 10 min or so, but it's really not that difficult.

Reasons for Choosing Virtual TimeClock

Because you can purchase a license to use the software...and be done. You can use the software on as many client computers as you pay for, and never have to pay again. You don't own the software, but you don't have to pay another dime for as long as you own it, unless you want to change the software or number of 'client' licenses. Absolutely love Virtual TimeClock for that reason above all others. When you're shopping for a timeclock software, everybody wants you to pay a monthly or annual 'fee' to use the software. While Redcort may offer similar, subscription based products, they also have the stand alone version that is 100% local, with no future fees.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the kind words and review, Quentin! We do have plans to simplify Virtual TimeClock installation down the road, which will in turn simplify moving the software - stay tuned for that. I'm glad to hear the We're glad it's been working so well for your practice, thanks again!

Fantastic Timeclock Software

It massively streamlined our time tracking. Having multiple locations made it difficult to consolidate payroll. Now everything is networked and updated automatically!

Pros

I have 74 employees in 6 different locations using this software. It's amazing to be able to see who is currently working where, and the reporting options are extremely flexible. I host it on an Amazon Web Services instance, but you can use your own server as well. I export the payroll to Quickbooks and use Intuit Payroll, and it takes me about 20 minutes to process everything. Adding additional clients and locations is extremely easy. The employees love it too. They can review their hours and send messages to HR using the client at their location. The pricing is absolutely fantastic. This was one of the only options I could find that didn't require monthly subscription costs. And the software gets better and better with every update.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I've never had any problems with it. It is so flexible and customizable for locations, groups, tasks etc. that it should be able to do exactly what you need it to. Oh, I know. It doesn't have a mobile app! I think they were working on one a few years ago and suspended development, but I have no need for one so it's not a "con" for me. But I can imagine there would be businesses that would want that, so it's something to consider.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied July 2018

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! Mobile is certainly still on our priority list, so stay tuned!

John from Money 4 You

Awesome software, and fantastic support!

Pros

This software is great. We came from a time card "punch" style system that was very outdated and not very efficient. This made reporting a breeze, and allowed for us to be more efficient with our time cards, and go paperless! Set up was easy, the support team is great. I have never had an issue calling and having them fix my issues, which is rare.

Cons

I know this will be implemented soon, but you guys NEED to roll out the phone apps. We have employees that are on the road all the time, and need the availability to clock in / out to keep up to date with their time. I can't tell you how many times I get the excuse that they forgot to clock in / out or adjust their time because they had to open their laptop and use the software that way. Cry me a river right! Well I am sure they will still be bad about keeping their time up to date (this is important because of the daily reporting we do with the labor), but they won't be able to use that as an excuse anymore! That is when that feature gets rolled out.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied April 2019

Thank you for the review and feedback, John! We appreciate the encouragement and I'm glad to here the software is making your life easier. Thank you for being patient with us as we work on mobile apps. We know it has been a while in coming, but we look forward to making mobile apps available just as soon as we can. Thanks again!

Laura from Animal Hospital of Oshkosh

Industry: Veterinary

Time Clock Learning Curve

Fairly easy to navigate, now that I know what I'm doing. The learning curve was a little steep and I'm sure there are still features I could be utilizing that I haven't figured out yet. Customer support is always ON POINT! Very helpful.

Pros

Ability to look at everyone's time clock reports through the payroll feature and being able to set each payroll period.

Cons

We didn't know that it wasn't set up to automatically figure in overtime for any employee that was entered AFTER we set everyone one up with a customer support rep. This caused us to have an employee bring me all overtime she didn't get paid from when she started in Feb. 2019 till Oct. 2019! I looked like an idiot and she lost trust in me to correctly do payroll. Very frustrating.

Reasons for Switching to Virtual TimeClock

Impromed was too limited on features.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied January 2020

Hi Laura, thank you for taking the time to review Virtual TimeClock. We appreciate your feedback! You are correct, since the software allows you to configure overtime rules on a per user basis, overtime rules are not currently auto assigned when you add a new employees. That being said, I would be happy to submit your feedback to our team, we're always looking for ways to make the software better for our users. Thanks again!

This system is effective/simple with very good customer support and great reporting for accounting.

We moved from paper to electric records very easily.

Pros

The Virtual Time Clock Pro Client Network system is very simple and easy to install. Great customer support and very cost effective. Simple for users of all capabilities to use.

Cons

Time rounding for accounting is the least attractive feature but that is an analog time to digital decimal issue. I wish Virtual Time Clock Pro rounded to the nearest thousandth decimal or beyond to get closer to analog calculations. It only rounds to the tenth decimal currently. This creates pennies that accounting has to add to employees pay every month to make the totals populate correctly in excel. It is a waist of time for accounting, the system should be able to calculate/ronud more accurately.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback, we appreciate it! I'm glad the software has been working well for you and your team! Our time rounding settings are meant to help eliminate a couple minutes of overtime from adding up, but it sounds like you might want to turn off time rounding altogether? All of the time calculations in Virtual TimeClock are exact to the minute, it's the rounding that will affect user in/out times by tenth or quarter hours. For more information, check out the Time Rounding article in our Knowledge Base, or please give us a call!

Joseph from Dr. Joseph Sachs & Associates

Redcort Software is the best!

The software is very easy to use, The reports are excellent. It is easily backed up. The software team are very responsive with issues and resolutions come fast. Overall I am very pleased.

Pros

1. Ease of operation. 2.A variety of reports 3.Employee address and phone number tracking as well as salary 4. Easily backed up on a schedule.

Cons

I would like it to have an Iphone application that I could easily access to quickly view my staff and their in/out status. I would like it to have the functionality that I could set it up to receive alerts when someone punches in late or take a longer lunch than allotted. I do not necessarly need user end access for punching in and out-Just as an admin.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied August 2018

Hello Dr. Sachs and thank you for your review! Glad to hear the software has been a good fit for your team over the years. Mobile applications are still a priority for us, so thank you for being patient with us, we know many customers are excited for that feature. I know our development team has an existing feature request for notifications and alerts, so I will add your name to that request. Thanks again for the kind words!

Juliet from Highland Mountain Bike Park, Inc.

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Fit our needs

Overall this time clock system has made my life a lot easier with respect to our payroll. During the peak of the season when we have 130 employees all doing numerous jobs, i.e. coaching part of the day, working in the bike shop another part of the day or perhaps helping as a lift attendance. So the ability to change roles and track it through the time clock is a life saver for me!

Pros

The feature that was extremely important to me/us was the ability to "choose" what job function you are performing and change that function as you switch to another role during the day. We have many different "departments" within our company and we track all payroll for each department separately. This helps me to ensure that payroll dollars go against the correct area with much more accuracy than the system we used prior to this.

Cons

We are supposed to be able to have managers review and approve their own employee hours which is great but I have had a hard time setting this up and implementing it.

Reasons for Switching to Virtual TimeClock

The inability to track different roles/departments.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied April 2020

Hi Juliet! Thank you for taking a few minutes to review Virtual TimeClock, we appreciate your time. I'm glad to hear the Activity Tracking feature is working out well for the bike park staff. I will email you some information about setting up manager timecard approval. Please reach out to our technical support staff if there's anything we can do to help! www.redcort.com/contact

Bill from J&J Precision

Industry: Medical Devices

With the network edition we are able to tie together two different facilities!

Pros

We have facilities at two locations with separate time clock systems at each location. We also have employees that might work at one building one day and the other the next, or start the day in one building and end at the other. This made it a nightmare for our payroll people to patch together time cards every week. Now we have a simple solution that covers both of those problems as well as a few others. We've just purchased a license after test for a couple of weeks with one department so we are probably only using 10-20% of what this system is capable of doing and I still think it's well worth the cost. Customer support during the trial period has been awesome with quick replies to all of my questions. We are transferring a few people a week over to the new system rather than everyone at one just to minimize the potential for user errors but the employee interface is simple enough that we've had minimal issues so far. I wish I had found this product 2 years ago!!

Cons

My major "con" is actually a compliment....on the administrator side the system can do so much that it's a little confusing and slightly overwhelming. I'm not one to typically purchase maintenance contracts but because there is so much potential in the software I recommended we get the maintenance contract for the continued support as we explore the software and make more use of it. At the discounted first year price it was pretty much a no brainer anyways.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied June 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Bill! I'm glad Virtual TimeClock has simplified payroll tasks between both of your facilities. We're here for you if you need any help along the way!

Michael from Temptation Bakeries

the software has been used at this location for many years. It's been great

Pros

The constant updating for the program means that it becomes more streamlined as the updates come out and the features become more and more helpful for everyday uses and the administrators. Who have more control over the software. We find the network side to quite efficient and reliable. Overall it's fantastic software for its purpose.

Cons

We use the software on a daily basis in terms of because for the product we find that sometimes it's not always responsive and it doesn't always pick up our DNS server for the implementation of the software on a new workstation but I just pick in the IP address. I'm pretty much nick picking there's not much I can put down as a con for the product.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied July 2018

Hi Michael, thank you for your review of Virtual TimeClock! I'm happy to hear it's been a helpful product for your team through the years. I'll reach out personally about the auto-discovery function of the Network Edition. Sometimes this can be blocked at the TimeClock Server level by firewall or antivirus. Thanks again!

Anne from P&H Interiors, Inc.

It's About Time

The last time I needed to call Tech Support was much better than before. Usually, I have to leave a message, IT then calls back, asks for a credit card, waits for processing, then they help you.

Pros

Time is reported in "regular time" so there are no conversions necessary (for example: If time for the week equals 40.43 that means 40 hours and 43 minutes ... NOT 40 hrs. & almost 1/2 of an hour).

Cons

Administratively, there is definitely a learning curve. Corrections to be made are a bit tricky, but understandable once you grasp the processing of the information.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied April 2019

Hi Anne, thank you for taking the time to leave your review and feedback! I'm glad the software is working well for you and you're feeling more comfortable with the administrative functions. I apologize for any confusion about our technical support. We do offer an optional support plan for Virtual TimeClock that provides free support/training/upgrades, but for customers who opt-out of that plan there is a charge to open a support ticket. Thanks again!

Robert from Founders Park Dentistry

Great Software for Small Businesses like myself.

Paperless. Easy to use and great way to keep employment records.

Pros

Besides it being accessible from almost anywhere (we have network addition), I like the customized reports, the details such as keeping track of Paid Time Off, and the details such as that it flags people who forget to clock-out. You know those people.

Cons

The messaging is a good idea, except they need to figure out a way to make it interact with the administrators more. For instance, I am the boss. I don't clock in all of the time. So if some employee messages me, I won't see it for days. It would be great if they implemented SMTP(email) or SMS where you would get messages outside the system as well.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied June 2018

Thank you for the glowing review and kind words, Dr. Stark. We appreciate your last 10 years with Virtual TimeClock! We are absolutely working on integrating email with the messaging feature for that exact reason. I will follow up with an email to give you some additional information. Thanks again!

MaryAnn from Dr. William M Parsley MD PSC

Virtual TimeClock is great for our office staff.

Pros

Easy to use for employees and bookkeepers. Time sheets are easy to read. It is easy for the employees to hit one button to clock in and then one to clock out. It's that simple.

Cons

It doesn't always add the final time correctly. It will can be a penny either way off. I know it isn't a big deal but when you are adding up the time, you will see you are off a penny here and there.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied July 2018

Thank you for the review and encouragement, MaryAnn, we really appreciate it! I'm glad the software has been easy for your staff and bookkeepers. I want to assure you that the totals in Virtual TimeClock are completely accurate. We occasionally talk to a user who is adding up decimal hour subtotals and will be confused on the totals, which sounds like it may be what you're doing. Please take a look at this knowledge base article that explains how hours are totaled: www.redcort.com/virtual-timeclock-knowledge-base/features/time-calculations/accuracy-report-totals Thanks again!

Carol from Bob Ward & Sons Inc

Very good, customer service team is awesome.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. Customer service .

Cons

It would be nice to get reports for TimeCard Summary that included inactive employees that had hours for that pay period. Maybe in settings get to include inactive employees. It would nice to get reports to have the choice to include hours/wages for inactive employees that had hours in that period.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied February 2020

Thank you for taking a few minutes to offer your review, Carol! I'm glad to hear the software has been working well for you over the last several years. You can easily include inactivated employees in your timecard summary reports by selecting the All Users group before running the report. As long as you have wage information entered, you should also be able to see gross wages when you view reports for inactive employees. Thank you for the encouraging words - we're honored to meet a small need for your company!

Virtual TimeClock Rocks!

There are so many wonderful reports that can be created to analyze one's work force and activities assigned to each employee! There are more benefits than I realized prior to purchasing the software. Pleasantly surprised!

Pros

It has a detailed "time Card" printout for each week and allows the employee to sign and verify that there aren't any mistakes prior to processing payroll!

Cons

I run a small company that doesn't need a very complex TimeClock software, so Virtual TimeClock is the perfect fit. No complaints here! The software offers more options than we need. The only thing I wish is that I could program the software to calculate a 1/2 hour of unpaid lunch from 12pm to 12:30pm. I have found a way around this by asking the software to automatically delete 1/2 hour unpaid break after 5 hours of work. This works just fine as an alternative.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied November 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback! I'm glad the reporting has been a hit for your team. It sounds like you've figured out how to handle automatic lunches with the Auto Time Deduct feature. Thanks again!

Jon from ISG, Inc

Industry: Market Research

Great Time Clock Software

We like it. There are a lot of time clock software programs out there. This is very good and works well. I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Really easy to use. It is capable for over 100 people. It was easy to implement. Reporting features work very well. Customization is very good as well. We have not had any user issues with this product

Cons

Updates. Updates. Updates. We run a tight IT department. The updates do not go very smooth as we have to manually enter admin credentials every time the service updates.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied September 2019

Hi Jon, thank you for reviewing your Virtual TimeClock software! I'm glad to hear the program is continuing to work well for your team. Regarding updates to the software, if your computers are configured to require passwords when installing software, it will require passwords for software updates/upgrades as well. Thanks again for your feedback!

Stephanos from CIDCOM

Update received

Just logging in and out. We don't hand out time sheets as we work "all in".

Pros

It works fast and easy, self explaining for the employees – we use it with a touch screen Mac as a central time clock, so no learning necessary.

Cons

A bit difficult in the backend. Still lost user passwords can't be retrieved, also the interface would be nice in a german localized version. We'd like to help with this.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied October 2018

Hi Stephanos, thank you for reviewing your Virtual TimeClock software. I'm glad the time clock has been working so well for your team! For security reasons, the TimeClock does not store passwords in plain text, which is why they can't be revealed/retrieved. Instead passwords are stored as hashes, which keeps them secure. You can always delete or change user passwords in the User settings window. Thank you very much for your feedback, we appreciate it. Happy time tracking!

Matt from Cannonsburg Ski patrol

Happy

Pros

Fast to migrate an old database to a product upgrade

Cons

Product key was not sent automatically. Had to wait for the next business day and I needed it over a weekend. Not a huge deal breaker but hard to believe in this day and age that a key couldn’t be generated right after payment.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied February 2020

Hi Matt, thanks for your review of Virtual TimeClock! I'm glad to hear your upgrade from version 5 went smoothly - we've worked hard to make compatibility between versions a breeze for our users. I do apologize for the delay in receiving your license key, I understand what you're saying there. Currently we process licenses manually, and since our office is closed over the weekend that means we send out license keys first thing Monday morning for weekend purchases. We're working on ways to improve that process, and appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

Felicia from Jax Inc.

Great value!

Easy time keeping with minimal training needed

Pros

Virtual TimeClock by Redcort Software is a great asset to our company with 550+ employees. They are quick to reply if there are any issues, which rarely is there an issue. They are stable and reliable and the best software for the money. We have looked around and couldn't find anything that compares in the same price range.

Cons

Sometimes wish settings were easier to change in mass on users. Would like a way to have only active users show in lists when choosing employees in reports. No major cons though.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied April 2018

Thank you for the review, Felicia! We're thrilled you've been keeping time with Virtual TimeClock for the last 13 years! I will reach out to you today about those couple issues you noted to see if there's any way we can help. Thanks again!

Taryn from Johnson Bros Greenhouses

Huge Time Saver

Time saving, employees can easily keep track of their time. I love it. It's the perfect balance of simplicity and great features.

Pros

Easy to use for employees and admin, accurate time keeping, saves me a ton of time at payroll. The set up is a breeze, fixing errors is straight forward, employees "get it" very quickly.

Cons

I did once try to use the time off tracking, but found it too difficult. It was because our company's calculation methods were too confusing, it was no reflection on the software.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied March 2018

Hi Taryn, thank you for the glowing review! Since leave tracking can get complex from business to business, we've tried to stick with leave options that are simple to use and comprehensive enough for most companies. I'm happy to touch base with you to see if there's a way your office can use our leave awards. Thanks again for the feedback!

Nadya from SAS, Inc

We never had any problems with this software.

Easy tracking hours and accrued time.

Pros

This software is very user friendly. It's a quick and easy install on our Windows PCs. Also automatic software updates ensure we will always have the latest release.

Cons

Response from Redcort Software

Replied March 2018

Good to hear from your, Nadya! Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. I want to assure you that mobile integration is very high on our priority list. As you know, we lost a key mobile developer last year and that changed our immediate plans quite a bit. We can't wait to finish the mobile project and get it released, but we're sensitive to making promises after the abrupt halt last year. Thank you for being patient, and feel free to check in with us periodically. Thanks again!

JESSICA from MEHOP

GREAT SOFTWARE FOR OUR COMPANY!

The program is user friendly and also as an administrator, editing entries and configuring data, is super simple.

Pros

User friendly and the different levels of security for users, managers, and administrators.

Cons

As an administrator, with the recent program upgrade, in the approval process, I now can't change the dates at the top of the page, as I could before. Sometimes, another administrator will close out the period, and I still need to export some data for records. I then have to reopen prior period in configuration, then go back to approval window, export, then close period again.

Easy to use, although have had a few glitches with some of the updates.

As stated earlier, being able to access my used and unused personal, vacation, and sick time easily.

Pros

Very reliable and accurate. Loads fairly quickly and I really like being able to access how many hours I have available for vacation, personal, and sick and also how many I have used.

Cons

Delayed notification of updates to software at times. Very rare, but not being able to log into the software because updates in process.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review and the positive feedback! In terms of the software updates, unless manually turned off, the automatic updater will check for updates whenever the program is started. There are also options to Skip This Update or Remind Me Later so those effect when you will be prompted to update again, but Virtual TimeClock will not run updates without approval from the user. Typically updates only take a minute or so and at this time, we've only released one software update for Version 18. Please get in touch if you'd like more information about software updates, we're happy to help!

Beth from Noonan, Brockman & Pollock D.D.S., Inc.

Awesome program, wonderful service & staff!

This software significantly decreased the time it took me to do our payroll biweekly. No more adding up time cards or trying to decipher timecard punches from our old time clock.

Pros

I have been using this software since 2012. It easy to use, easy to update and when I have rarely had problems their team has always been available to help in a friendly, professional manner.

Cons

The only thing that I could say I even remotely dislike about this software is that you have to uninstall and reinstall to update and I believe this is corrected in the 2018 version where updates are automatic.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied March 2018

Hi Beth, thank you for your review and feedback! We completely agree, manually updates can be cumbersome, so it's been a great addition to have the automatic updates in Version 18, like you mentioned. Thanks again!

Frank from Alphagraphics

Excellent Product

Employee timekeeping. It is much more flexible than a punch card system.

Pros

We use the product for employee timekeeping. The ease of use for the employees and the administrator is excellent.

Cons

Not able to work in the current period until the prior period is closed.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied January 2020

Hi Frank! Thank you for taking the time to review Virtual TimeClock, we appreciate it. I'm glad to hear our time tracking software has been working so well for you over the years. It sounds like maybe there's some confusion about payroll periods - you should have no problem working in the current period without closing the prior period. In fact, some of our users have never closed a period ever, it's just a little inconvenient to change the report dates regularly. I'll reach out in person to make sure you know how that works. Thanks again!

Shirlee from St. Edward School

The customer support has been wonderful. Quick and efficient

Pros

Well, besides help me not to have to add hours manually I like the ability to have a report where I can look at one employee, all employees, certain departments, etc. all with changing a report setting

Cons

Like with any new software there is a learning curve. It took me a while to figure out which reports I needed, etc. It was my first time using a Virtual Time Clock. Some of the employees needed to be locked out 5 min. prior to their shift start or end. It took me a while to figure out how to attain that.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the glowing review, Shirlee! We're glad you were able to set up shift rules for your employees. Please don't hesitate to call us for help setting up features in your TimeClock, we're happy to help shrink the learning curve! Thanks again!

Jamie from PS&G

TimeClock

Pros

The thing that I like most about the Virtual TimeClock software is how easy it is to setup new employees and how it integrates with Quickbooks. It's so simple for our new employees to enter their information and not worry about tracking their time/worrying about entries. If any employee misses an entry or forgets to clock in/out it's so simple to fix! The time clock report we use at the end of the month is great too!

Cons

Since it serves as one function for our work-space there's nothing that I dislike about this program. It's so easy to use!

Response from Redcort Software

Replied November 2018

Jamie, thank you so much for taking some time to review Virtual TimeClock! We're so glad the software is working well for your team. Happy time tracking

Mitch from Central States Pain Clinic

Amazing Software and works on PC and/or Mac

Already did this in the "Pros" section.

Pros

This is a very easy program for employees and managers to use . Tech support is amazing and they are able to answer questions and fix any problems very quickly. Can be used in multiple locations and multiple departments. I have used this software now in 3 different businesses for over 20 years and love it. The support staff is amazing!

Cons

I don't see any "cons" with this software. I have never had any major issues that weren't handled within an hour.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied December 2018

Greetings Dr. Mitch and thank you for taking the time to review your time clock software. We appreciate your support over the years, and look forward to serving you for years to come. Thanks again!

Kathee from New Horizons Dental Laboratory

Industry: Medical Devices

Have not had to use customer support but when I did it was fine.

Keeping track of all employees and their time worked. Before we just had everyone write down their hours.

Pros

The software is very easy for someone not too knowledgable to use. I have no problems with it. If I do have a problem then customer service is there to help.

Cons

I can find no problems with the software. The only thing that bothers me is when I brush over a persons name then it takes me to their time clock. I would like it not to be so touchy.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied March 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback, Kathee! All of the user actions within the software respond to a mouse click or keyboard input, so I'm not sure what "brush over a person's name" might mean. I'll be in touch to see if there's something we can do to resolve this with you. Thanks again!

Braden from Briggs Steel

Industry: Mining & Metals

Great desktop, no mobile app

I have use Virtual TimeClock for a long time and I think it’s one of the best desktop versions out there so the only problem I have with it Is it very difficult to manage day today since I’m restricted to the desktop only version

Pros

It’s a great product For desktop only use.

Cons

No mobile app, no cloud functionality or web browser access.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied April 2019

Hi Braden - thank you for leaving a review and your feedback. I know you've been awaiting our mobile release for some time. Please know that we're right there with you, we're anxious to get mobile apps wrapped up and release for our customers. Thanks for being patient with us and sticking around while you wait. We will be sure to let you know as soon as we have more news about mobile applications. Thanks again!

April from Eden Owner's Association

Virtually perfect!

This is one of the best time clocks we have ever had. We were using the facial timeclock to scan your face to log in and I will never go back! This never has any issues. So often I would need to go over vacation time and time punches but with this software I tell the employees to go over their own time and look at their reports so they keep up with their times and vacation as well!

Pros

I can't say enough about this timeclock! I absolutely love it! It is user friendly, worker reports and it sends updates and newsletters to keep us up to date. Paid time off is easily managed from both the employee and admin!

Cons

Nothing- love it! I do not have any cons other than I wish we had this from day 1!

Kay from RJI Management, LLC

We've used RedCort for a few years and am happy with it.

Pros

It has all the features I need in our business. It is easy for the employees to be able to clock in and out and keep up with their own time each week.

Cons

It is confusing for the employees when the each day of the week doesn't print out. It will show "Monday" and then not list the rest of the days of the week unless that employee misses a day. In that case, the next day they come in after being out of work shows up. That just suddenly changed last year some time.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied February 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Kay! After our quick email conversation, I'm glad we were able to clear up the confusion regarding your timecard reports by adjusting the time settings. Happy clocking!

Jason from Perspectives, Inc.

Just a few hiccups

Pros

Ease of use; has lots of features that I may not need but the ones I use are easy to get to and use.

Cons

When switching to and from user / admin screens, the screen goes from full screen to a minimized screen. You have to maximize each time you switch.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied October 2019

Hi Jason, thank you for taking a few minutes to review Virtual TimeClock - we really appreciate it! I'm glad the software has worked out so well for your team the last few years. In version 19 we introduced Kiosk Mode which will retain your full-screen settings when switching between admin mode and user mode. It looks like that's a free upgrade for you so I will reach out with details today. Thanks again!

Kenda from Courthouse Christian Preschool & Afterschool

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Courthouse Christian Preschool

Great customer service. Not being a tech person or computer person, the customer service person made set up very easy.

Pros

Easy set up and use. Administrator came make easily make any corrections that are needed. Also, being able to print out timesheets for our payroll person was easy.

Cons

No complaints at this time with the software.

Reasons for Choosing Virtual TimeClock

Cost and customer service. I did not feel pressure from Virtual TimeClock to make a purchase.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied June 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review your time clock, Kenda! We're glad the software is working out well for you and that you've had a great experience with our customer service team!

Jennifer from Animal ER Care, LLC

Industry: Veterinary

Virtual Time clock is easy to use.

Would love to see this in an app.

Pros

Its easy for our employees to clock-in and out. Easy to edit time or missed clock-ins too. Allows for different types of shifts which is great for a company that runs 24 hours a day.

Cons

Reporting functions could be a bit more user friendly, more variety of reports available would be helpful too.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied March 2018

Hi Jennifer! Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Virtual TimeClock! I'd love to hear more about the additional reports you are looking for, so I'll be touching base with you about that. We're certainly excited to get our mobile integration efforts back on track after our setback last year. Thanks for being patient and happy clocking!

Sarah from Wheeler Orthodontics

Easy to jump into and great support

Pros

I was happy to discover when we started using Virtual TimeClock Network Edition that it fit our needs and was pretty intuitive for new users.

Cons

We would love for there to be a mobile version for clock in/out where it isn't convenient to install a full sized computer.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied April 2018

Sarah, thank you so much for your review! We totally hear you, and I want to assure you that mobile integration is high on our priority list. The loss of a key mobile developer last year changed our immediate plans quite a bit, but we can't wait to finish the mobile project and get it released. Thank you for being patient with us, and feel free to check in with us periodically about the status of mobile. Thank you!

Audrey from Wheeler Orthodontics

This program is simple to use. We use it for keeping up with employee work time, vacation, and sick

Pros

It is so user friendly. We hardly ever have issues with running it. All of the girls adapted very well to the ease of using it.

Cons

The last update was a little tricky due to us having to have the IP address on the main computer (if you aren't pretty smart with using computers it will take a while to find that info lol ) We had to update all of the machines which took a bit of time.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Audrey and thank you for your review! We totally hear you about the old upgrade process, it did take extra time and effort. The good news is now that you're on Version 18, future upgrades are really easy with the automatic software updates. Thank you for the feedback!

Frank from NM Gynecology Consultants

Virtual TimeClock use in medical office

Went to Virtual TimeClock for Macintosh several years ago after continual issues with standalone time clock forced the business to update and upgrade to a more effective time clock system. The system has been excellent and addressed all of our business operational needs.

Pros

Ease of use by employees and business manager. Over the years, the software continually improved and provided a growing host of features including the Networking version. The networking version works well over VPN. We have never had an issue with installing and using updates.

Cons

The cost of course. The system has worked very well for the medical office.

Liz from St. Joseph School

I just love this product. Looking forward to the new updates.

Pros

Customer support is fantastic. They are so helpful and very clear about their instructions. They direct me through the processes and I find it very easy to follow.

Cons

My least favorite is having to do the updates. I wish I could have my computer set up all the updates, but customer support keeps the tedious task of updating very simple and easy to complete with very little problems. Thanks for all the help.

Response from Redcort Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Liz! Thank you so much for your review! I totally hear what you're saying. The reason we have the Network Edition time clock computers update independently instead of altogether, is because updated everything at once would disconnect any current users of the time clock, and the user would not be able to finish their time clock actions. We're always looking for ways to improve the software, so thank you for that feedback!

Cheryl from Apex Manufacturing

Industry: Machinery

Great product

I like the functions of Virtural TimeClock once I understood it's capabilities and functions. Support from the staff is excellent and beyond amazing if you don't understand or grasp a concept. Thank you for your assistance in the past.

Pros

Ease of use once you understand how it functions

Cons

My lack of training at my level. I was shown it one time by my trainer and that was it!

Response from Redcort Software

Replied April 2019

Thank you for taking a few minutes to leave your review of Virtual TimeClock! We really appreciate the feedback. I know there can be a learning curve when you first learn a new software tool, but we're always here to help make that curve less steep. Thanks again!

John from Pioneer

Industry: Computer Hardware

Very simple and easy to use timeclock system for small business

Pros

-Simple interface -Comprehensive reporting features -Ability to BYOD (bring your own device), which means we are not limited to buying supplier's device (vs competitors overpriced hardware) and able to switch to any touchscreen type devices at anytime. -Intuitive interface, minimal training required, no complain from both admin and employees -Super affordable (Low cost vs competitor's per employee monthly subscription fee)

Cons

Not really any con but some there're some features we would love to have in future upgrade: -Add an option under employee's login screen to request time off (right now it has to be done via messaging) -Fingerprint reader integration option (Hardware: Digital Persona/Crossmatch UrU4500 is the common one in the market) -Photo taking feature during punch to prevent buddy punching (via webcam on the tablet) -PTO accrual formula setting in one main screen VS right now it has to be done on under each employee profile (time consuming, and need constant update on yearly basis)

Response from Redcort Software

Replied October 2018

Hi John, thanks for reviewing your Virtual TimeClock software! We appreciate the positive feedback as well as your thoughtful feature requests. We will be sure to notify you if/when we implement any of these features. Thanks again, happy clocking!