• Pros

• "Very straightforward and easy to use. Each profile is easy to set-up and administer. The support received has been timely and very responsive."

• "It's very easy to learn and use. Very helpful with selecting the right individual for the position needed."

• "I love what this assessment tests. Cognitive, Motivation and Personality are very important in all of our roles here, and I love that we can see where our candidates lack and excel at."

• Cons

• "We are really happy with this service. I could only suggest make it easier to move candidates to different positions, perhaps more choices in jobs. Overall, I don't have any improvements I need."

• "Texting is only one way - outbound. Responses are not received which is super annoying. I love everything else which makes it totally worth it. :)"

• "We put the Wonderlic testing process in place to help with our employee retention, but we are not finding it to have helped as much as we had hoped."

Browse WonScore Reviews

Carlie Kathleen from Lux Home Group | Keller Williams Realty Phoenix

Best Applicant Tracking Software that I demoed.

Pros

I love the clean layout of the site. It is super easy to use and set up and customize. The customer service is spectacular and any time I have suggestions or feedback, I am "heard." They are "common sense" and if a recommendation is made on how to improve their system, they take it to heart and make it happen. I LOVE LOVE LOVE jobsoid!

Erica from Sunrise Orthodontics

ALWAYS USE THIS RESOURCE! IT WORKS!

Overall, I have been satisfied with the product. We have used this testing for over two years at our office and it never fails to accurately assess candidates. The monthly fee for this service is worth the money you'll save in the long run hiring the wrong person.

Pros

I like the ease of use for using this product. It also allows me to save past candidate information and evaluate who may be a good fit for our team. Another great system the software contains is the ability to flag when someone may be trying to answer questions untruthfully and you can initiate retesting. I have used this test for candidates during pre-hire screenings, and also in the probationary period. It always works. If the person scored well, they perform well. If they didn't, they don't. It's so simple! Such a time saver on investing in someone who ultimately is not a great fit for your organization.

Cons

The software had an update about a year ago and I can no longer access the 1.0 version results for existing staff. We are also work in a specialty of the health field, but the job descriptions are more generalized. Maybe in time this can be more tailored to niche markets.

Reasons for Choosing WonScore

It was recommended by another dental professional in a forum that the doctor had read for dentists.

Andrew from NIRP

Taking out the IQE was a big mistake

Bad b/c they took out the IQE. We switched to the 15m online CCAT. It's way better.

Pros

Offered IQE. They used to offer IQ Equivalence Score, but they took that away so as not to hurt anyone's feelings.

Cons

1. The Personality and Motivation stuff has little real world correlation/value 2. They jumped on the latest bandwagon craze of political correctness, and removed the IQE, in favor of some subjective "Cognitive Assessment" that they made. They don't want people to see the reality -- that there are racial differences in IQ, and that IQ is the strongest correlate to job performance (and success in life in general)

Easy to Navigate, Easy to Use!

Customer service is extremely responsive. We feel that by utilizing Wonscore we are able to weed out the candidates more quickly who may not be a good fit for our organization. Makes the life of a Team Developer easier!

Pros

I love how much detail I get in the new 2.0 version. The notifications that the candidate has started and then completed are very helpful, and if you need to re-send the tests, re-launching is a piece of cake! Being able to save as a pdf and send to managers is a snap, too.

Cons

The only thing is we wish could be better is the integration with our ATS for version 2.0. We still have the results coming across as version 1.0 since 2.0 does not integrate, but as far as we can tell that is not a Wonscore issue.

Dan from Jervey Eye Group

Helpful tool, but only part of the puzzle

Wonscore has been a great point of reference for us and does help give you an idea of who you're talking to, but it probably shouldn't be the deciding factor. We've had high scores fizzle out and lower scores thrive but overall, we've been able to increase the level of our employee hires.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to move employees to different job profiles to see potential fits within the company. Very easy to learn. Lots of job profiles. Provides a good starting point for evaluations. Good support when needed.

Cons

Because job profiles are prebuilt, they make assumptions about what skills are needed. If you have the chosen job but you don't use all the skills they assume, that could create misleading test scores. Candidates can only be archived and not deleted short of asking their support (as of writing this).

Heidi from C&C Cleaning Services

Helpful in sorting through recruits

It has been a very helpful tool in my hiring process.

Pros

I do like that it provides a great avenue for sifting through new hire candidates. I am able to eliminate undesirable candidates at a much earlier stage.

Cons

I feel that some of the tests are too long and repetitive. We seemingly lose a lot of candidates mid-stream because of this.

Kelly from UAS

Overall effective product

It is a good tool for candidate fit.

Pros

Easy to send out, results are easy to interpret, does what it is supposed to do.

Cons

There isn't anything I can think of at the moment, it is effective for what we use it for.

Tyler from P.K. Wadsworth Heating & Cooling Inc.

Good Product

Good tool, it's not a silver bullet and doesn't replace the need for an interview, but it enhances the interview process and can make it more productive leading to a higher potential for success with a hire.

Pros

Easy to retest and re-profile candidates that have already taken the test. Gives some broad level insight into the candidate and helps narrow in questions to ask during the interview process.

Cons

What the product gained in ease of use and universality it lost in some the detail you used to get from the older WonderLic platform we were on. In some cases is overly broad and general without enough specifics. Sometimes single reports give contradictory findings about a candidate in multiple areas

Karen from I-CAR

Don't hire without it!

Pros

Evaluates candidates against criteria for success in the role - almost as good as a crystal ball!

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to figure out how to resend if an applicant doesn't get the software right away.

Emily from Gateway

I really have enjoyed it. We do hire most candidates that score well on it, it's nice to see your thoughts or feelings about an applicant match up on their score. Like if you're iffy on a candidate and they score bad, it helps eliminate or justify your feelings on them.

Pros

Ease of use, easy interaction with applicants, customer service - answered questions within 24 hours, ability to customize jobs

Cons

I'm not sure why the non-motivators are shown, I feel like it still puts a negative impact on the person - not with their score but the employer viewing. We can understand it doesn't impact the job, but you will still look at it differently. I think the survey is a bit long as well, its thorough but definitely takes some time.

Amber from Colorado Barricade

Wonscore from Wonderlic Review

I think it is a great benefit for the value. I like that it is easy to use and it is a yearly subscription versus cost per assessment. I would like to be able to explain why candidates scored they way they did to hiring managers. Also, I think I great feature would be that candidates are emailed their results once their assessment is completed.

Pros

Very easy to administer assessments and view the results of assessments. I like the ability to assign several administrators so that hiring managers are able to administer and review assessments on their own. More often that not, we have found that candidates we chose to hire despite their assessment results were bad hires and the assessments were pretty accurate.

Cons

If there was a way that I could easily provide hiring managers what exactly their candidates were being assessed on for each position easily that would be a great help. Most of my hiring managers don't question assessment results, but sometimes, for example, a candidate will score low on stay, but they have been working for us as a temp employee for 3 months. I would like to be able to explain why that candidate scored low on stay.

Lorena from BrightLink

The experience with Wonscore has been great and enjoyable.

We have a lot of faith in the platform, in terms of trusting that if someone scores well on the assessment, that they're likely going to do well in the role. We also really like the personality portion of the assessment, although we don't always interpret it verbatim because we look a lot for alignment with our core values and such as well.

Pros

I like that it is fairly easy to use. You no longer have to submit a request for new tests (for new positions). You can simply add your own new test and either send the candidate an invite or the link to the exam. It seems to be pretty easy for the candidate to use with no instruction needed from my end. You also get notified of when someone beings and ends testing within Wonscore. I also like that it provides the motivation and personality tests along with the cognitive ability portion.

Cons

At first, I needed some guidance from customer support in terms of how exactly to use the software. I would say as a non-technical person, that it isn't the most straight-forward platform I've used, but once I got some assistance from support one time and played around in the platform myself, I now understand the gist. Also, I wish there was a little more explanation as to how certain scores on the bell-curve work, but even with that statement, I know I could find more information about it if I were to dive in deeper into their website.

Great Personnel Assessment

This test allows us not only to hire appropriately for a given position, but it also helps us to understand the value of all of our positions as part of the greater organization. Knowing the ideal scores for each position shows us just how much experience and education a person needs to accomplish the responsibilities, how much different roles should be paid and rewarded, and the pathway for growth that a position should allow for an employee.

Pros

The original Wonderlic assessment makes hiring a breeze! I can feel confident that selected candidates are capable of accomplishing their newly assigned roles appropriately. It's also a very easy test to give, and I love that it only takes a candidate 12 minutes to complete, so that it's not overly taxing or intimidating.

Cons

The newer tests for personality and motivation don't seem accurate at all. We've tested several existing employees as well as candidates for hire using these two tests, and the results never seem correct. I wish we could use the Wonderlic test as a standalone without having to incorporate the other two results as part of the overall Wonscore score.

Courtney from Rebath of Baltimore

Great for processing new candidates

Pros

We have used this service for seeing if candidates are a right fit for our company before hiring and it has been super helpful and insightful. People will tell you how great they are, but this simple testing helps give more information about them. Simply asking candidates to take the test alone has narrowed down our applicants. Then seeing how they test in certain areas based on the job they applied for has been great for deciding whether we will push them further through the hiring process or not.

Cons

When taking the test myself just to see what kinds of questions are asked, I wasn't sure I was in full agreement with how the personality questions scored. Some of the questions didn't seem like they should actually apply or able to base someones personality fit on.

Kari from Arrive Logistics

We use Wonderlic for every candidate who comes on-site! It is a key part of our interview process.

Smarter hiring decisions, better internal promotion considerations, and overall a more sound interview process that provides concrete insight.

Pros

I love how easy it is to search for an individual's results. We need access to these scores regularly to make hiring decisions, promotion consideration, and hiring profile analysis. I can always find the data I am looking for!

Cons

So far, we have yet to find a Wonscore calibration that fits the job description of our highest volume role (an entry-level sales position).

Glennon from Safepoint Insurance

Adds additional layer of information to use in considering candidates

Pros

It is easy to use and administer, easy to review, and easy to understand. Helpful guidance when selecting between several good candidates.

Cons

There seems to be limitations to the types of positions available for roles within a company. The existing job descriptions may not quite match with roles in a company.

Victoria from Crown Automotive Group

We currently have Wonderlic assessments and find WonScore's enhancements helpful but miss the detail

Pros

The 'roll up' scoring - WonScore Average and how we have it integrated with our ATS - iCIMS. Also ease in reading/understanding the scoring.

Cons

Doesn't include the detailed reports per candidate it once did and our Hiring Managers found that useful in their conversations/interviews with candidates.

Pretty accurate personality test

The tech support has been great. They eagerly jump on a call to answer questions and give us clarity on issues. They have answered any and all questions we have had.

Pros

I like the new results feature. It helps explain the results a little bit better and easier to read. We are able to explain the results to our hiring managers better if need be for them to understand the reasoning and give good questions to ask the candidates.

Cons

It is sometimes hard to map jobs to create the most accurate assessment for a specific job. We have done our best to map them out, but sometimes it is questioned.

Customer support was always very helpful and made the experience great.

The benefits of this product were definitely its ease of use. It had a very simple display which was great considering we are a larger company who has many employees using Wonscore daily. It's design was very easy to maneuver and understand.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the site the most. It was very self explanatory and didn't have too many features which might have given an overwhelming experience.

Cons

I didn't like how it did not allow you to benchmark your own employees. I am not sure if this was an option that was offered or not, but bench marking would make the scores much more applicable to our own organization.

Livia from GWC Warranty

Great candidate assessment

It's a great tool to use to predict how candidates will perform in a certain position.

Pros

It is easy to use and is a good predictor of success in the position.

Cons

That it doesn't let you know if there are duplicates when sending assessments.

Betsy from RESICAP

VP of Human Resources

Wonderlic and all of the team members I have dealt with there are professional expereinced and always there to help us with all of our hiring needs.

Pros

It is easy to you and administer to new hires

Cons

There is nothing that I do not lkike about Wonderlic

It is an easy to use system with accurate results

Wonscore helps us make a more informed decision in our hiring process.

Pros

I love how easy it is to select a job that matches our Open Requisitions, and how easy it is to send the assessment to applicants. One of my favorite features is the direct link to the job, which makes it simple to add it to an email to an applicant.

Cons

I felt like there was not enough training to understand the results given. I do not like how the Open Jobs are displayed: the font is too big and there is no option to have it displayed as a list.

Jim from Slingerland Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

The benefits of Wonscore....pros and cons

Overall, the results that we received, were definitely beneficial. It saved us on two occasions from making a "wrong" hire. So, yes, I am satisfied with the service we received, and the price we paid was worth the monthly investment. I feel that the initial 3 month investment was fair and affordable. Had the contract been longer or the price higher, I probably wouldn't have used Wonscore. After the 3 month contract, the month to month availability is current with what I see with other types of vendors. For a small business like ours, the terms and price worked out perfectly.

Pros

I thought that the pre-screen employment test was accurate. I had one of my employees take the test so I could get a good read on what other applicants were seeing, so I could do a comparison. I was amazed how accurate the test scores were. I compared one of employee's scores with their actual ability, and it was almost 100 % right on. This result gave me additional confidence in the Wonscore testing process. I also like the tracking and progress regarding an applicant's testing.

Cons

I am somewhat confused with some of the emails that I receive from Wonscore. One of the emails I received said that I could log into my Wonscore account and based upon the applicant's score, there would be specific interview questions that I could use as a guide. But, after I logged into the account, there was no reference to any questions to use as a guide for the interview. I tried to navigate through the website, but to no avail. This email message came up several times. Maybe, the interview questions were based on MY review of the test scores, not Wonscore's?? Confusing.

John from Community Impact

Industry: Newspapers

Two thumbs up!

Pros

The ease of use while qualifying candidates makes this a no-brainer step for any organizations' hiring process. The amount of time spent here is minimal - especially measured against the ROI. We feel this is an integral part of our process and makes us stronger as a company.

Cons

Really nothing comes to mind, the software is very refined.

Scott from National OnDemand, Inc.

I have been using it for 2 years. Easy to use. Helps us make hiring decisions

Pros

The product is very easy to use. Able to copy link into an email template and use over and over. Straight forward instructions and easy to learn too

Cons

I wish I was notified when someone completed an assessment without having to login. It should be more automated. I wish there was more detail on job descriptions and what is being focused on

Jennifer from LegalMatch

Wonscore has improved retention 40% in first 9 months

Quality of hires has improved dramatically

Pros

It is easy to use, has a great dash board - is excellent at matching candidates to positions. Took a while to get buy-in from the hiring managers, but Wonscore has been 100% correct in its predictions of applicants who wouldn't succeed. Almost scary-accurate.

Russ from AMERICAN

Industry: Mining & Metals

Heavy usage for the last year over various position.

Helps our organization manage and prioritize large candidate pools with more confidence.

Pros

Cons

The summary report features are very lacking and even the ability to print an individual report is not printer friendly.

Andy from Waystar

Recruiter from Waystar Review

Pros

To me, Wonderlic is a great "equalizer" of candidates. Being able to gauge a candidate's initial potential based off proven data helps keep any kind of subconscious bias from sneaking in during the recruiting/hiring process.

Cons

While I do understand that it is a tool - not the defining word on a candidate's abilities - We have not been able to define clear patterns on things you would expect, like: Higher Wonderlic Score = Better on-the-job performer.

July 2016

Lee from Appian Manufacturing

July 2016

Great job candidate selection tool!

Wonderlic provided our company with a great web based testing tool that has great features for the price. It quickly allowed us to raise the standard in selecting new hires and more importantly helped us filter out the candidates that did not match our selection criteria and skill sets. Their staff was very supportive with our questions and responsive to our suggestions.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

No dislikes.

Response from Wonderlic

Replied July 2016

Thank you for the kind words! We're grateful to have Appian Manufacturing (http://www.appianmfg.com/ ) as a client, and we're equally happy to hear that Wonscore is helping you improve the quality of your new hires!

Steve from Skyworks Solutions Inc.

Industry: Semiconductors

Skyworks Inc.

We needed an accepted and vetted system that can support our hiring decisions - whether we hire or do not.

Pros

It give us peace of mind when we make final hiring decisions. I feel that in most cases it is reflective and supports what we see during the interviews themselves.

Cons

I do wish we could delete or remove people from the system - I know you can Archive but complete removal would be better. E.g. - I had two people enter the same person twice...system let us and then I couldn't delete the extra entry...

In Implementing Wonderlic, we hoped to gain the best employees possible.

Pros

Although Wonderlic is easy to use and a very comprehensive system, we are finding that it is more difficult to find employees who can pass this test.

Cons

Bryce from CTL Management, Inc.

WonScore

After putting the Wonscore solution in place in our recruiting efforts, we have seen a significant reduction in new hire turnover. We tested it for a full year, and just bought our second year of access.

Pros

Very easy to administer and the dashboards make it easy on recruiters too.

Cons

Nothing. It does just what they say it does.

Antonia from Reborn Cabinets

Amazing!

I like seeing the scores of candidates before I get them in front of our hiring managers. It saves a lot of time and lets us see where this candidate could be best placed.

Pros

Cons

The only thing that I do not like about the software is that it is pretty hard to get back to the job board that a candidate applied for. Ex: When you click the notification, if you click on their name to see the scores, you have to go to the job board, click the job, then scroll to find the candidates. It would be much easier if you had a "Job applied for" tab at the top of the results from the candidate that could take you back to see the rest of the candidates.

Sarah from Massage Envy Legacy

Wonscore

Pros

I like the different type of wonscores that people can use

Cons

So far I haven't found anything negative about the software.

Seth from Trinity Packaging Supply, LLC

Industry: Wholesale

Been using this for screening for 4 years

I've been able to ensure the candidates I hire are of a high enough caliber to perform at or above expectations.

Pros

The cognitive assessment is the most reliable way to tell if a candidate will be successful. I've set a minimum score of 25 for any sales representative and have seen MUCH better results.

Cons

The personality assessment seems to be less reliable/accurate from my experiences. I've had candidates that scored very high and not done well in the position and I've had candidates that did not score high and do very well.

Todd from Blueprint Summer Programs

Great assessment tool

We use it to evaluate all candidates and like the results.

Pros

Wonscore is easy to use and provides detailed results that really help with hiring decisions.

Cons

No real cons that I've seen, it works as described.

Response from Wonderlic

Replied June 2019

Hi Todd, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback.

Kristen from Quality Builders Warranty Corp

This test has proven to be very accurate and helpful throughout the hiring process.

Pros

We have been using the Wonscore Wonderlic test as part of our hiring process for over 2 years and we have found this to be one of the most accurate tests. It is very easy to administer and to navigate the site.

Cons

The only drawback that I had with the assessment was resolved a while back with a system update. We are now able to "follow" candidates in order to be notified when they have started/completed the assessment. This is a huge help!

Curtis from Champion Automotive Group

Everything has been great

Pros

Cons

Not having the ability to email the test results directly to someone with first making it a PDF then sending it in an email

Andrew from Minnesota State Patrol

Industry: Public Safety

Screening Tool

My overall experience has been positive.

Pros

We were switched to the Wonscore platform for this year's hiring process and find it very easy to use and informative. I am able to track my applicants progress and plan accordingly for the next step of our hiring process based on the accuracy of information that Wonderlic provides.

Cons

I have no dislikes with the Wonescore Software.

Carly from HUI

Industry: Machinery

Review of WonScore

Overall I think it has helped the company with bringing in solid candidates and I enjoy that it is really easy to navigate. I also like that you can make reports for us as well.

Pros

I like that you can really determine a candidate with the results that we get. If the results are high we can see that in the interview, same if they are low. That helps us make great picks on candidates for the job we are looking to fill.

Cons

What I like least is that we cannot pick the questions. I think some of the English questions, or the word ones are not beneficial for us and wish we could have an alternative. Many people mention that they have never seen or heard of the words before.

Response from Wonderlic

Replied February 2020

Thanks for your feedback! It means a lot to us as we strive to continually improve our product.

Increased our retention!

Screening, eligibility, cognitive understanding.

Pros

Allows us to keep students who are the best fit for our program. This ensures we have the students who want to be there and are the best fit.

Cons

Not everyone tests well; I'm not always certain that testing via an Emotional Intelligence tests actually allows everyone who would be a good fit through the process.

Jenna from CTL Management, Inc.

The applicants we hired that have passed Wonderlic seem more well suited for the job.

We are seeing more qualified applicants even though there is less to chose from.

Pros

The software is fairly intuitive and easy to navigate. I like being able to follow candidates and receive notification when they have started the tests and completed.

Cons

So far there is nothing I dislike about this software. It would be great if there was also an app version.

Jeramie from Waystar Health

Wonscore

Pros

Easy to use for both candidates and our internal teams. Creates interview guides for us to dive in to areas of weakness for the candidates. Gives us that additional confidence that we are making the right hires.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about the product, especially after the upgrade to 2.0.

Ellen from Cornerstone IT

Industry: Computer Networking

Outstanding Software for Job Applicant Screening

I love this service as it truly gives specific measurements about the candidate's fit for the job. It has kept us from hiring the wrong person.

Pros

The cognitive score, and big five factors on the applicant give you a really good picture of the person's ability and personality fit. There is also a final score for each applicant based on a total of 100 possible points. I find this very helpful in my review of the candidate.

Cons

Understanding the science behind the scores can be tricky.

Response from Wonderlic

Replied November 2016

Thanks for your review, Ellen! We're so glad that the single score helps you identify who is a good fit for the job. We look forward to helping you make good hires for years to come.

Wonscore can be useful but should not be used on its own!

In principle, the use of Wonscore results should provide insight into a candidate's potential to fit an open job position. In our experience, we have found that this is not always the case. As an example, we hired one candidate who received the top score among all other candidates for an outside sales position. We ended up firing the individual because of poor performance and what seemed to be a lack of follow-through despite having an excellent Wonscore. In contrast, we asked our existing sales team to take the Wonscore test designed for outside sales representatives. It turned out that some of our best sales reps earned more mediocre scores. Our lesson learned: Don't judge a candidate solely by their Wonscore result. More importantly, don't let an especially good or bad Wonscore sway your judgement when it comes time to hiring someone.

Pros

-Easy set up -Versatile (can handle a variety of job positions for evaluations) -Easy to understand results

Cons

Results from tests don;t always reflect real-world experience

Daniel from Wyncode Academy

Very useful screening tool for large applicant pools.

Pros

The ability to objectively gauge the quality of people applying to our programs in a quick and efficient manner.

Cons

We have been unable to prevent certain candidates from retaking the test multiple times. It would be nice if there were individual links that expired after being used once.

Effective but Overly Complex

While there are some interface issues/concerns, overall we have found the platform valuable and worth the money invested. It's a unique way to have added input on hiring decisions.

Pros

This is a cost effective solution for testing across a large group of applicants. It can also help with individual candidates. We have found the aptitude scores to be highly accurate, and have found other scores to be beneficial when evaluating talent. and overall job fit.

Cons

I have never found the interface intuitive. This newer version is an improvement over the last in terms of interface. However, we still have onsite administrators that don't use it often and they find it difficult to pickup.

Doug from BB Insurance Marketing, Inc.

Great employment pre-screening

Save tons of time pre-screening employees and getting insights we wouldn't otherwise get.

Pros

I appreciate the insights on intelligence, personality, and motivation. Reviewing the analysis expedites our pre-screening process and helps us save tons of time!

Cons

Sometimes some of the results are inconsistent but overall they're good. We often get people that do not complete the assessment - not sure if that's a problem with the software or they just lose patience.

Wonscore is Amazing

Pros

the Customer Service is second to none. Easy to use interface and updated reporting make this assessment software amazing.

Cons

Some candidates are apprehensive about taking assessments during on-boarding although that is no fault of Wonscore's.

Denise from Fisher Swale Nicholson Eye Center

Wonscore from Wonderlic

Overall, I am pleased with the product and it greatly helps in our applicant screening.

Pros

I like being able to pre-screen potential candidates by taking an initial assessment per job opening. This saves a LOT of time. Rather than conducting interviews for every applicant, we now only offer interviews to candidates who score within a specific range from the wonscore.

Cons

Though there are many options available for designating and customizing "jobs" and assessments for those jobs, we are a specialized field in ophthalmology so had a hard time finding job specific functions in the lists available.