WonScore

WonScore Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Evaluates candidates against criteria for success in the role - almost as good as a crystal ball."
  • icon"It is easy to use and administer, easy to review, and easy to understand. Helpful guidance when selecting between several good candidates."
  • icon"The Software is super easy to use and I love that we can get good scores both through e-mail invitations and onsite."
  • icon"It is sometimes difficult to figure out how to resend if an applicant doesn't get the software right away."
  • icon"But, after I logged into the account, there was no reference to any questions to use as a guide for the interview. I tried to navigate through the website, but to no avail."

All WonScore Reviews

Carlie Kathleen

Best Applicant Tracking Software that I demoed.

Pros

I love the clean layout of the site. It is super easy to use and set up and customize. The customer service is spectacular and any time I have suggestions or feedback, I am "heard." They are "common sense" and if a recommendation is made on how to improve their system, they take it to heart and make it happen. I LOVE LOVE LOVE jobsoid!

Cons

Texting is only one way - outbound. Responses are not received which is super annoying. I love everything else which makes it totally worth it. :)

Erica

ALWAYS USE THIS RESOURCE! IT WORKS!

Overall, I have been satisfied with the product. We have used this testing for over two years at our office and it never fails to accurately assess candidates. The monthly fee for this service is worth the money you'll save in the long run hiring the wrong person.

Pros

I like the ease of use for using this product. It also allows me to save past candidate information and evaluate who may be a good fit for our team. Another great system the software contains is the ability to flag when someone may be trying to answer questions untruthfully and you can initiate retesting. I have used this test for candidates during pre-hire screenings, and also in the probationary period. It always works. If the person scored well, they perform well. If they didn't, they don't. It's so simple! Such a time saver on investing in someone who ultimately is not a great fit for your organization.

Cons

The software had an update about a year ago and I can no longer access the 1.0 version results for existing staff. We are also work in a specialty of the health field, but the job descriptions are more generalized. Maybe in time this can be more tailored to niche markets.

Reasons for choosing WonScore

It was recommended by another dental professional in a forum that the doctor had read for dentists.

Taking out the IQE was a big mistake

Bad b/c they took out the IQE. We switched to the 15m online CCAT. It's way better.

Pros

Offered IQE. They used to offer IQ Equivalence Score, but they took that away so as not to hurt anyone's feelings.

Cons

1. The Personality and Motivation stuff has little real world correlation/value 2. They jumped on the latest bandwagon craze of political correctness, and removed the IQE, in favor of some subjective "Cognitive Assessment" that they made. They don't want people to see the reality -- that there are racial differences in IQ, and that IQ is the strongest correlate to job performance (and success in life in general)

Dan

Helpful tool, but only part of the puzzle

Wonscore has been a great point of reference for us and does help give you an idea of who you're talking to, but it probably shouldn't be the deciding factor. We've had high scores fizzle out and lower scores thrive but overall, we've been able to increase the level of our employee hires.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to move employees to different job profiles to see potential fits within the company. Very easy to learn. Lots of job profiles. Provides a good starting point for evaluations. Good support when needed.

Cons

Because job profiles are prebuilt, they make assumptions about what skills are needed. If you have the chosen job but you don't use all the skills they assume, that could create misleading test scores. Candidates can only be archived and not deleted short of asking their support (as of writing this).

Scott

I have been using it for 2 years. Easy to use. Helps us make hiring decisions

Pros

The product is very easy to use. Able to copy link into an email template and use over and over. Straight forward instructions and easy to learn too

Cons

I wish I was notified when someone completed an assessment without having to login. It should be more automated. I wish there was more detail on job descriptions and what is being focused on

Wonscore has improved retention 40% in first 9 months

Quality of hires has improved dramatically

Pros

It is easy to use, has a great dash board - is excellent at matching candidates to positions. Took a while to get buy-in from the hiring managers, but Wonscore has been 100% correct in its predictions of applicants who wouldn't succeed. Almost scary-accurate.

Cons

We are really happy with this service. I could only suggest make it easier to move candidates to different positions, perhaps more choices in jobs. Overall, I don't have any improvements I need.

Todd

Great assessment tool

We use it to evaluate all candidates and like the results.

Pros

Wonscore is easy to use and provides detailed results that really help with hiring decisions.

Cons

No real cons that I've seen, it works as described.

Response from Wonderlic

Hi Todd, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback.

Replied June 2019

Very useful screening tool for large applicant pools.

Pros

The ability to objectively gauge the quality of people applying to our programs in a quick and efficient manner.

Cons

We have been unable to prevent certain candidates from retaking the test multiple times. It would be nice if there were individual links that expired after being used once.

BIANCA

Fun, challenging

Helps me measure reliability. Measure skills and team work as well.

Pros

It was a great learning experience and made you really learn more about your self and how you work as a team, how you problem solve and certainly tested your mental ability

Cons

It was a bit time consuming but worth it. Other than that the software is great! It seems that people who are foreign seem to have a harder time as well from my personal experience

Sean

Wonderlic bolts in nicely to your existing hiring process

Wonscore provides us a great way to get detailed info on our candidates before we even meet them. I highly recommend it.

Pros

The insights provided by the Wonscore reports can guide your interview questions to dig into possible "red flag" areas.

Cons

There's not a lot to dislike - I suppose maybe it would be nice to be able to somehow integrate into other hiring tools like GoHire.

Amber

Wonscore from Wonderlic Review

I think it is a great benefit for the value. I like that it is easy to use and it is a yearly subscription versus cost per assessment. I would like to be able to explain why candidates scored they way they did to hiring managers. Also, I think I great feature would be that candidates are emailed their results once their assessment is completed.

Pros

Very easy to administer assessments and view the results of assessments. I like the ability to assign several administrators so that hiring managers are able to administer and review assessments on their own. More often that not, we have found that candidates we chose to hire despite their assessment results were bad hires and the assessments were pretty accurate.

Cons

If there was a way that I could easily provide hiring managers what exactly their candidates were being assessed on for each position easily that would be a great help. Most of my hiring managers don't question assessment results, but sometimes, for example, a candidate will score low on stay, but they have been working for us as a temp employee for 3 months. I would like to be able to explain why that candidate scored low on stay.

Lorena

The experience with Wonscore has been great and enjoyable.

We have a lot of faith in the platform, in terms of trusting that if someone scores well on the assessment, that they're likely going to do well in the role. We also really like the personality portion of the assessment, although we don't always interpret it verbatim because we look a lot for alignment with our core values and such as well.

Pros

I like that it is fairly easy to use. You no longer have to submit a request for new tests (for new positions). You can simply add your own new test and either send the candidate an invite or the link to the exam. It seems to be pretty easy for the candidate to use with no instruction needed from my end. You also get notified of when someone beings and ends testing within Wonscore. I also like that it provides the motivation and personality tests along with the cognitive ability portion.

Cons

At first, I needed some guidance from customer support in terms of how exactly to use the software. I would say as a non-technical person, that it isn't the most straight-forward platform I've used, but once I got some assistance from support one time and played around in the platform myself, I now understand the gist. Also, I wish there was a little more explanation as to how certain scores on the bell-curve work, but even with that statement, I know I could find more information about it if I were to dive in deeper into their website.

Easy to Navigate, Easy to Use!

Customer service is extremely responsive. We feel that by utilizing Wonscore we are able to weed out the candidates more quickly who may not be a good fit for our organization. Makes the life of a Team Developer easier!

Pros

I love how much detail I get in the new 2.0 version. The notifications that the candidate has started and then completed are very helpful, and if you need to re-send the tests, re-launching is a piece of cake! Being able to save as a pdf and send to managers is a snap, too.

Cons

The only thing is we wish could be better is the integration with our ATS for version 2.0. We still have the results coming across as version 1.0 since 2.0 does not integrate, but as far as we can tell that is not a Wonscore issue.

Great Personnel Assessment

This test allows us not only to hire appropriately for a given position, but it also helps us to understand the value of all of our positions as part of the greater organization. Knowing the ideal scores for each position shows us just how much experience and education a person needs to accomplish the responsibilities, how much different roles should be paid and rewarded, and the pathway for growth that a position should allow for an employee.

Pros

The original Wonderlic assessment makes hiring a breeze! I can feel confident that selected candidates are capable of accomplishing their newly assigned roles appropriately. It's also a very easy test to give, and I love that it only takes a candidate 12 minutes to complete, so that it's not overly taxing or intimidating.

Cons

The newer tests for personality and motivation don't seem accurate at all. We've tested several existing employees as well as candidates for hire using these two tests, and the results never seem correct. I wish we could use the Wonderlic test as a standalone without having to incorporate the other two results as part of the overall Wonscore score.

Courtney

Great for processing new candidates

Pros

We have used this service for seeing if candidates are a right fit for our company before hiring and it has been super helpful and insightful. People will tell you how great they are, but this simple testing helps give more information about them. Simply asking candidates to take the test alone has narrowed down our applicants. Then seeing how they test in certain areas based on the job they applied for has been great for deciding whether we will push them further through the hiring process or not.

Cons

When taking the test myself just to see what kinds of questions are asked, I wasn't sure I was in full agreement with how the personality questions scored. Some of the questions didn't seem like they should actually apply or able to base someones personality fit on.

Kari