What are WorkMax TIME users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using WorkMax TIME software through verified user reviews

• icon"We are already seeing a return on our investment in better tracking and reporting of employee hours, along with saving time in processing payroll from our prior vendor."
  • icon"Integration was very user friendly and the staff was great helping us to get up and going. The biggest pro of WorkMax is the bottom line."
  • icon"The customer support is absolutely amazing with WorkMax. Our onboarding process was handled by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN."
  • icon"We had a very difficult time getting it up and running with our group. We ended up having to drop them and move on to another time tracking system."
  • icon"I would say the permission set up is a little repetitive and clunky, but that could be in the structure of our company and not the software."
  • icon"No undo button for mass transfers. I did a select all and changed everything-only once."

Browse all WorkMax TIME Reviews

• Have you used WorkMax TIME and would like to share your experience with others?

WorkMax saves time & money

From meeting them at a trade show to the set-up, they never over-sold their product. It does exactly what they said it would do. It's been such an amazing enhancement to our work environment.

Pros

It more accurately captures time to each project than paper time cards, resulting in real-time costing information that improves project mgt and refines estimating future projects. It also eliminated laborious manual entry of data.

Cons

Took a bit to set up but so worth it. Their customer support is phenomenal!

Reasons for choosing WorkMax TIME

WorkMax was the only company that could capture (easily through tablets) mfg time and have it imported into Sage100 allocated to Jobs.

Deb

WorkMax

Our overall experience has been great. When we do have questions or issues they are resolved quickly.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use administratively to process payroll.

Cons

Really our only issue is having to do more with human error than anything. We have some employees that are not tech savvy so they take a little more coaxing to get them on board.

Reasons for switching to WorkMax TIME

Saw that WorkMax was an updated version from the same company that we know and trust.

Cheryl

WorkMax Time

The WorkMax team was wonderful! The app needs to be reworked-- the updates were hard to keep up with and caused many technical problems on their own.

Pros

The features were exactly what we were looking for regarding electronic timekeeping. Once our data/timekeeping requirements were added, the expectations were high. Their technical implementation team was awesome-- no limits to the quantity of time needed to set up. Their daily customer service team was also very helpful and resourceful --for both administrators and end users.

Cons

The app for mobile timekeeping was not impressive. I appreciated the numerous upgrades that WorkMax continued to install, but it caused a lot of downtime for real-time usage. Also, I believe, while there are a lot of good components, it just could not handle the volume of information we needed for timekeeping. Many of our issues on the dashboard and with remote users turned into a "this is the first time this has happened" scenario.

Response from AboutTime Technologies

Cheryl, Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed feedback response with regard to your WorkMax experience. Honest feedback helps us make the improvements necessary to provide the #1 Mobile Resource Management software on the market. Thanks for recognizing our determination to provide the highest level of customer support available in the industry. We're giving our all as we continually strive to make WorkMax the product customers choose when digitizing their Time & Attendance, Forms and Logs and the Location and Condition of their tools. I believe most customers would agree that our recent "rework," now manages larger quantities of data much better, we hope this is your experience as well. Please accept our apology for providing a less than 5 star quality in all categories.

Replied September 2019

Tiffany

Works for Us!

Overall this has been the prefect fit for what we needed to reduce time spent on data entry.

Pros

The integration capabilities with Sage300

Cons

We would like to see a function that can track changes to time records and the ability to undo them.

Karen

March 2022

WorkMax is a complete solution

Our employees are able to clock in and out from anywhere/ geo location helps keep honest people honest. The onboarding was quick and easy. The team worked with our IT folks to make sure our IT team was able to put the proper safeguards in place for our business.

Pros

The fact that everything is online not and I do not have to be at my desk to check time or correct hours is a big plus. It so so much easier to use than the previous product. WorkMax calculates the OT and takes out lunches automatically at batching which had to be done manually in the desktop version.

Cons

I have not run across anything yet. We have no complaints from anyone in the field either.

Reasons for switching to WorkMax TIME

The About Time product was being phased out and was no longer gong to be supported

Margie

The time saved when completing payroll is greatly reduced!

We save time and money because of the software. All documents are clear and easy to read, allowing any/all entries made into accounting more accurate.

Pros

There are so many things that I like about the software, it's really hard to say. If I have to choose, I would say the ability to track time and location for each job our team is on. With GPS location, we know where everyone is. This is really useful when receiving a service call. We simply check and see who may be the closest to the location, therefore saving our customers from having to wait an extended period of time for their repairs. I also can't say enough about their customer service team. They are right on top of any issues that we may have. All you have to do is call or email, and they will take care of your issues straight away.

Cons

The only issue I can think of is with our trucks/mileage (which they are working on for me). When I enter charges for mileage, I need to know which of our trucks was used. The mileage shows up on the time sheets, but the truck does not. I then have to go back into the closed batches to see what was driven by that person. Fortunately, most of the team have assigned trucks, so this is not a huge issue.

Rachael

Good product with even better support

Overall we have had a great experience. We have been testing in our California office and look to expand to other offices in 2020.

Pros

The support team is very responsive to issues as well as general use changes/requests. Training our field crew was quite easy with the intuitive iPad app.

Cons

As with any database program, we had to create some work-arounds for payroll processing/integration with our ERP system that were unforeseen in the beginning. Reports are lacking in WorkMax yet detailed data can be extracted using ConnectMax (which takes a higher level of database knowledge to execute).

R.J.

We have worked through a number of glitches and overcame hurdles. The team has worked very hard.

The time and cost savings have been worth it.

Pros

I like the flexibility and great potential of the product. The app provides an ease of use for all employees. It's a huge improvement over paper time sheets, and no more worrying with constant inconsistencies. The GPS tagging is also a huge plus. You can really manage time effectively.

Cons

I don't like no having the ability to add or deduct days from the Time Sheet module. I would like to see the time records transfer all of the data over, including notes and custom fields. The sync process to Quickbooks has it's limits.

WorkMax Time

Pros

This is a great software for letting my guys clock in on their phones and being able to manage time. What I like the most is that it is cloud based and user friendly

Cons

The forms section and how they print/download

Reasons for choosing WorkMax TIME

we were already with AboutTime and liked that product and was used to it

Reasons for switching to WorkMax TIME

so we could be cloud hosted instead of hosted on our server

WorkMax Time Tracking

The main issues with this was the app was not user friendly. We had several employees not being able to use the app because the app froze.

Pros

The concept of time tracking via using smartphones.

Cons

It was not user friendly. We had a very difficult time getting it up and running with our group. We ended up having to drop them and move on to another time tracking system.

Debbie

A Great Solution to Tracking Time

One of the biggest benefits of WorkMax is capturing the actual clock in and clock out of our employees. We are no longer filling out paper time sheets. Accurate time reporting has saved our company money.

Pros

This software is easy to use. You do not have to be a software guru to get your time entered or run reports. As an administrator it is easy to make needed edits and changes. The complete payroll process is easily handled and maintained from the control center. This program works nicely with Sage 300 Construction & Real Estate. One of my favorite features is the facial recognition. The customer support is absolutely amazing with WorkMax. Our onboarding process was handled by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He has been so wonderful to work with. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] answered all of my questions and spent the time needed for me to be able to use the program on my own. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is our support specialist. She has also been amazing to work with. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always patient when helping me with and issues that have come up. In my opinion, the Customer Support team is the best I have ever worked with. They are responsive, easy to get in touch with and work to solve the issues as quickly as possible. It is the Customer Support team that makes WorkMax the best time tracking software out there.

Cons

So far there is not anything I dislike about the software.

The facial recognition.

Reasons for switching to WorkMax TIME

The program was difficult to use. Sage does not provide quality customer support to its customers and was not interested in maintaining the software program.

Bearin

Great company with solid products and helpful people

The software is easy to use. The customer support is helpful and knowledgeable. The training team made the process go fast.

Pros

I was a long time user of About Time time keeping software, and switched to WorkMax last year. I like that WorkMax is web based. It is very similar to About Time, so my switch was relatively easy. They spent several sessions with me and walked me thru all the features and got all of my information from Quickbooks setup. It is easy for my field crews to move between jobs and select tasks for for those jobs. Their time is continuously sent to WorkMax, so I always know what is being done.

Cons

I wish when jobs are imported from Quickbooks, that WorkMax would only import the tasks that were used to build the job in Quickbooks, so that job costing was maintained better between the 2 programs. There are work arounds, which I use that make this happen, but it adds an additional step.

Reasons for choosing WorkMax TIME

Because of my long relationship with About Time Technologies.

Reasons for switching to WorkMax TIME

I wanted to move from a server based product to a web based product.

Heather

WorkMax Time Sheets Web Interface and App

WorkMax's implementation and support teams are phenomenal, and the software engineers are close by if the support team needs additional answers. While there is no program that will ever cover 100% of a company's needs, as each one will have their own unique processes, WorkMax comes as close as we've ever found.

Pros

The app is fairly simple to use once you are trained on it. They are constantly updating and adding to the Time Sheets portion of the app and the support team and engineers listen and provide feedback on any issues or customizations we are seeking. The web interface will sync our new employees, jobs, cost codes directly from our accounting software (Sage 100 Contractor) into the online platform and to the foremen's app, eliminating the need for double entry. After processing the payroll information online that was synced from our foremen's phones or devices, WorkMax uploads directly into the Daily Payroll module of Sage 100 Contractor. It will track any differentials in pay, cost coding, or many other parameters you may have. It's highly customizable.

Cons

The Time Sheets portion of the app and web interface is a newer product. WorkMax started as a "clock in/clock out" program but that platform does not work well for our employees and our workflow (nothing to do with WorkMax). The app itself seems to be a work-in-progress, but is still a much better option than entering time cards by hand. There are a few of the settings on the app that I would like to have options to customize to our processes, but this is a complaint about the user interface, not about the collection of payroll data.

Samantha

Industry: Food Production

Amazing Software

We have had a wonderful experience using WorkMax time. It has allowed us to cut down on the processing time for payroll. It has also allowed us to produce more accurate reports for things such as job costing.

Pros

Overall, I love working with everything WorkMax Time offers. our ability to track clock in locations have been crucial to making sure employees are using the correct job numbers. We have also benefited tremendously from the clock in photos. This has eliminated the issue of employees clocking in their friend when they are late or miss a day of work. As the employee who process time, I have been most thankful for the speed and efficiency I can complete our payroll with weekly.

Cons

The software can be a little overwhelming when you first begin the program. This is mainly because there are so many features and so much to learn to use at once but with time this issue resolves itself.

Reasons for switching to WorkMax TIME

The main reason we switch from exactime was because of the location service feature and the photo clock in and outs.

Jessie

Overall Workmax Experience

Very good.

Pros

*It has the facial feature recognition as well as GPS clock in / clock out coordinates. *Time is reported daily rather than weekly, and time is paperless rather than the traditional paper timecards. *A very versatile system. *Notes section helps capture many things, such as approvals for employees who forgot to clock in, notes the field employees need to send to the office, etc. *Easy imports and exports into accounting software.

Cons

*Facial recognition features and GPS coordinates go away when time is allocated. *Once time is batched, you must un-batch it once again to see the facial feature recognition and GPS coordinates.

Reasons for choosing WorkMax TIME

*It seemed to best fit the goals our company was trying to accomplish, and the system seemed the most user-friendly for our field employees.

Rebecca

There when we need them!

Overall, WorkMax is an easy to use app. The help we get when we run into issues, is awesome (Thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - she really is the best!). The developers (shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) have been very attentive to issues we have and suggestions we make!

Pros

The time capture with facial recognition and geo fence. This has helped with with our job site and time management. The usability of the forms is amazing. Being able to create and edit them has been a huge asset to us.

Cons

Not being able to customize or build reports. While requesting or suggesting changes is easy, having to wait for them to be implemented is hard.

Diane

Top-Notch Product and Service

This app has been a great value for our company. It is easy to install in the office and field and we have been extremely satisfied with the ease of use and customer service aspects of the program.

Pros

Our employees love the paperless aspect of timekeeping. I enjoy the ease of running reports for payroll and workers compensation code tracking.

Cons

I do wish that there was an alert that could be placed so that the administrator would be notified when the hourly employees reach 40 hours to avoid OT costs.

n/a

Amy

Highly recommend!

Huge plus and big difference for our organization.

Pros

Integration was very user friendly and the staff was great helping us to get up and going. The biggest pro of WorkMax is the bottom line. OUR bottom line. For the first several weeks the employees were clocking in and out on WM and also turning in paper timecards. The difference was monumental. We are actually paying employees for their time worked and have the systems implemented to keep it in check.

Cons

It was a lot to learn all at once, big learning curve.

Reasons for choosing WorkMax TIME

It was the first we had seen and we were impressed!

Rakshith

Excellent Program For Employee Time Management

Overall this piece of software has streamlined employee time management at our facility by eliminating manual entry. It has also provided live labor hours tracking on daily basis per project which helps in labor hour forecasting and optimization.

Pros

Application is very user friendly and easy to setup upfront. Reports are accurate and quick to export. Flexibility in subscription is value added feature.

Cons

Processing of time during batching and syncing between device to server can be improved.

Joseph

Great Time Management Tool

I would never go back to any other way of tracking time. Saves us time and money.

Pros

Relatively easy to use once you find your way around. Love the ability to generate time sheets and not have to chase employees down for their time. Also the ability to job cost at a click of a button

Cons

There is a learning curve for both the office and field, but that’s with anything that’s new

Reasons for choosing WorkMax TIME

Met them at the world of concrete show

Lorinda

Switching to WorkMax

Time spent on contacting employees with questions has been cut in half. Overall Time processing payroll has also been cut in half, freeing me up to do other duties.

Pros

Easier to observe each individual's time tracking, making necessary changes. Integration was amazingly simple, fast, and convenient.

Cons

The most difficult things I find are the things I do not have to do often...I tend to forget how. However, the support team is awesome, and always ready to help!

Reasons for choosing WorkMax TIME

It was a mutual department decision

Reasons for switching to WorkMax TIME

Pricing and ease of use.

LeAnn

WorkMax

My experience with WorkMax has been great. I have saved much time completing the payroll process.

Pros

I like WorkMax for it ease of use and accessibility.

Cons

Little bugs come up with Time Editor on occasion. However, these get corrected relatively quickly.

Reasons for choosing WorkMax TIME

I had already used AboutTime at another company I worked for in the past. WorkMax is web based so it is easily accessed from any computer I'm using.

Karen

Wonderful Software

The benefits have been fantastic as far as saving time with time entry

Pros

It's a wonderful tool for our field employees to record their time each day.

Cons

I'm very pleased with the software and don't have any complaints

User friendly

Travis

Good time keeping program

The best thing about the workmax program the customer service has been easy to work with and have made working with the program more user friendly. Anytime we have had an issue they have been eager to help and get it corrected to work for our needs.

Pros

The fact I can see what my team have been working on. The reporting feature works well. The accuracy of time reporting when I need to compare time worked. And on what Project.

Cons

The only item that is rough is at times it takes a while for the clock in to actually kick in. It will say processing for a few minutes then clock in.

Melanie

Issues

Pros

It is nice that the time comes over each day (if the syncing works!)

Cons

We have had many issues with this program. The app is slow and freezes up and drains the battery on the phones. Syncing does not always work and sometimes some employees have not gotten paid for all their time because the time would not sync. We have had issues with sending the time to Sage and in some instances our payroll was late because we could not get the time to send. The app also does not remember the last location even though we have it checked. This has been an issue as the employee will clock into a job and when they clock out do not notice that it has changed to a different job so when the time gets sent over it is sent as the job that was listed on clock out not clock in. We have been told that the next update will fix this but have not seen a fix yet.

WorkMax TIME