• Pros

• "Application is very user friendly and easy to setup upfront. Reports are accurate and quick to export. Flexibility in subscription is value added feature. "

• "The concept of time tracking via using smartphones. "

• "I like WorkMax for it ease of use and accessibility. "

• Cons

• "Little bugs come up with Time Editor on occasion. However, these get corrected relatively quickly. "

• "Not being able to customize or build reports. While requesting or suggesting changes is easy, having to wait for them to be implemented is hard. "

• "It was not user friendly. We had a very difficult time getting it up and running with our group. We ended up having to drop them and move on to another time tracking system. "

Browse WorkMax TIME Reviews

We've had a few setbacks but the Customer Support is exceptional.

We're still in the launch phase so it's hard to answer this right now.

Pros

When NET100 gets everything up and running without a glitch, this software is going to be a time saver.

Cons

We've had many issues with getting up and running and the main issue so far are computer and devise issues -- employees not being able to clock in/out.

Chris from Ranco Millwork

WorkMax saves time & money

From meeting them at a trade show to the set-up, they never over-sold their product. It does exactly what they said it would do. It's been such an amazing enhancement to our work environment.

Pros

It more accurately captures time to each project than paper time cards, resulting in real-time costing information that improves project mgt and refines estimating future projects. It also eliminated laborious manual entry of data.

Cons

Took a bit to set up but so worth it. Their customer support is phenomenal!

Reasons for Choosing WorkMax TIME

WorkMax was the only company that could capture (easily through tablets) mfg time and have it imported into Sage100 allocated to Jobs.

Cheryl from NET100, Ltd.

WorkMax Time

The WorkMax team was wonderful! The app needs to be reworked-- the updates were hard to keep up with and caused many technical problems on their own.

Pros

The features were exactly what we were looking for regarding electronic timekeeping. Once our data/timekeeping requirements were added, the expectations were high. Their technical implementation team was awesome-- no limits to the quantity of time needed to set up. Their daily customer service team was also very helpful and resourceful --for both administrators and end users.

Cons

The app for mobile timekeeping was not impressive. I appreciated the numerous upgrades that WorkMax continued to install, but it caused a lot of downtime for real-time usage. Also, I believe, while there are a lot of good components, it just could not handle the volume of information we needed for timekeeping. Many of our issues on the dashboard and with remote users turned into a "this is the first time this has happened" scenario.

Response from AboutTime Technologies

Replied September 2019

Cheryl, Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed feedback response with regard to your WorkMax experience. Honest feedback helps us make the improvements necessary to provide the #1 Mobile Resource Management software on the market. Thanks for recognizing our determination to provide the highest level of customer support available in the industry. We're giving our all as we continually strive to make WorkMax the product customers choose when digitizing their Time & Attendance, Forms and Logs and the Location and Condition of their tools. I believe most customers would agree that our recent "rework," now manages larger quantities of data much better, we hope this is your experience as well. Please accept our apology for providing a less than 5 star quality in all categories.

Deb from Steinbrecher Painting Company

WorkMax

Our overall experience has been great. When we do have questions or issues they are resolved quickly.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use administratively to process payroll.

Cons

Really our only issue is having to do more with human error than anything. We have some employees that are not tech savvy so they take a little more coaxing to get them on board.

Bearin from Big Bear Construction, Inc.

Great company with solid products and helpful people

The software is easy to use. The customer support is helpful and knowledgeable. The training team made the process go fast.

Pros

I was a long time user of About Time time keeping software, and switched to WorkMax last year. I like that WorkMax is web based. It is very similar to About Time, so my switch was relatively easy. They spent several sessions with me and walked me thru all the features and got all of my information from Quickbooks setup. It is easy for my field crews to move between jobs and select tasks for for those jobs. Their time is continuously sent to WorkMax, so I always know what is being done.

Cons

I wish when jobs are imported from Quickbooks, that WorkMax would only import the tasks that were used to build the job in Quickbooks, so that job costing was maintained better between the 2 programs. There are work arounds, which I use that make this happen, but it adds an additional step.

Reasons for Choosing WorkMax TIME

Because of my long relationship with About Time Technologies.

Margie from Service Electric and Control, Inc.

The time saved when completing payroll is greatly reduced!

We save time and money because of the software. All documents are clear and easy to read, allowing any/all entries made into accounting more accurate.

Pros

There are so many things that I like about the software, it's really hard to say. If I have to choose, I would say the ability to track time and location for each job our team is on. With GPS location, we know where everyone is. This is really useful when receiving a service call. We simply check and see who may be the closest to the location, therefore saving our customers from having to wait an extended period of time for their repairs. I also can't say enough about their customer service team. They are right on top of any issues that we may have. All you have to do is call or email, and they will take care of your issues straight away.

Cons

The only issue I can think of is with our trucks/mileage (which they are working on for me). When I enter charges for mileage, I need to know which of our trucks was used. The mileage shows up on the time sheets, but the truck does not. I then have to go back into the closed batches to see what was driven by that person. Fortunately, most of the team have assigned trucks, so this is not a huge issue.

Jessie from Frontier Railroad Services LLC

Overall Workmax Experience

Very good.

Pros

*It has the facial feature recognition as well as GPS clock in / clock out coordinates. *Time is reported daily rather than weekly, and time is paperless rather than the traditional paper timecards. *A very versatile system. *Notes section helps capture many things, such as approvals for employees who forgot to clock in, notes the field employees need to send to the office, etc. *Easy imports and exports into accounting software.

Cons

*Facial recognition features and GPS coordinates go away when time is allocated. *Once time is batched, you must un-batch it once again to see the facial feature recognition and GPS coordinates.

Reasons for Choosing WorkMax TIME

*It seemed to best fit the goals our company was trying to accomplish, and the system seemed the most user-friendly for our field employees.

Rebecca from Galindo & Boyd Wall Systems

There when we need them!

Overall, WorkMax is an easy to use app. The help we get when we run into issues, is awesome (Thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - she really is the best!). The developers (shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) have been very attentive to issues we have and suggestions we make!

Pros

The time capture with facial recognition and geo fence. This has helped with with our job site and time management. The usability of the forms is amazing. Being able to create and edit them has been a huge asset to us.

Rakshith from BFL Fabricators

Excellent Program For Employee Time Management

Overall this piece of software has streamlined employee time management at our facility by eliminating manual entry. It has also provided live labor hours tracking on daily basis per project which helps in labor hour forecasting and optimization.

Pros

Cons

Processing of time during batching and syncing between device to server can be improved.

Paul from Tormac Mechanical Contractors Ltd.

Response from AboutTime Technologies

Replied September 2019

Hi Paul, Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry your experience with WorkMax was anything less than exceptional. We're continually making improvements to WorkMax and we appreciate your feedback. As we make changes and enhancements our hope is to be your number one selection in the future for Mobile Resource Management. We'll follow up soon so we can share some of our most recent improvements with you.

Debbie from King of Texas Roofing Company LP

A Great Solution to Tracking Time

One of the biggest benefits of WorkMax is capturing the actual clock in and clock out of our employees. We are no longer filling out paper time sheets. Accurate time reporting has saved our company money.

Pros

This software is easy to use. You do not have to be a software guru to get your time entered or run reports. As an administrator it is easy to make needed edits and changes. The complete payroll process is easily handled and maintained from the control center. This program works nicely with Sage 300 Construction & Real Estate. One of my favorite features is the facial recognition. The customer support is absolutely amazing with WorkMax. Our onboarding process was handled by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He has been so wonderful to work with. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] answered all of my questions and spent the time needed for me to be able to use the program on my own. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is our support specialist. She has also been amazing to work with. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always patient when helping me with and issues that have come up. In my opinion, the Customer Support team is the best I have ever worked with. They are responsive, easy to get in touch with and work to solve the issues as quickly as possible. It is the Customer Support team that makes WorkMax the best time tracking software out there.

Cons

So far there is not anything I dislike about the software.

The facial recognition.

Heather from B&B Tile and Masonry Corp.

WorkMax Time Sheets Web Interface and App

WorkMax's implementation and support teams are phenomenal, and the software engineers are close by if the support team needs additional answers. While there is no program that will ever cover 100% of a company's needs, as each one will have their own unique processes, WorkMax comes as close as we've ever found.

Pros

The app is fairly simple to use once you are trained on it. They are constantly updating and adding to the Time Sheets portion of the app and the support team and engineers listen and provide feedback on any issues or customizations we are seeking. The web interface will sync our new employees, jobs, cost codes directly from our accounting software (Sage 100 Contractor) into the online platform and to the foremen's app, eliminating the need for double entry. After processing the payroll information online that was synced from our foremen's phones or devices, WorkMax uploads directly into the Daily Payroll module of Sage 100 Contractor. It will track any differentials in pay, cost coding, or many other parameters you may have. It's highly customizable.

Cons

The Time Sheets portion of the app and web interface is a newer product. WorkMax started as a "clock in/clock out" program but that platform does not work well for our employees and our workflow (nothing to do with WorkMax). The app itself seems to be a work-in-progress, but is still a much better option than entering time cards by hand. There are a few of the settings on the app that I would like to have options to customize to our processes, but this is a complaint about the user interface, not about the collection of payroll data.

Rachael from Garney Construction

Good product with even better support

Overall we have had a great experience. We have been testing in our California office and look to expand to other offices in 2020.

Pros

The support team is very responsive to issues as well as general use changes/requests. Training our field crew was quite easy with the intuitive iPad app.

Cons

As with any database program, we had to create some work-arounds for payroll processing/integration with our ERP system that were unforeseen in the beginning. Reports are lacking in WorkMax yet detailed data can be extracted using ConnectMax (which takes a higher level of database knowledge to execute).

Joseph from Royal Painting Services, Inc

Great Time Management Tool

I would never go back to any other way of tracking time. Saves us time and money.

Pros

Relatively easy to use once you find your way around. Love the ability to generate time sheets and not have to chase employees down for their time. Also the ability to job cost at a click of a button

Cons

There is a learning curve for both the office and field, but that’s with anything that’s new

Reasons for Choosing WorkMax TIME

Met them at the world of concrete show

LeAnn from B&M Roofing of Colorado, Inc.

WorkMax

My experience with WorkMax has been great. I have saved much time completing the payroll process.

Pros

I like WorkMax for it ease of use and accessibility.

Reasons for Choosing WorkMax TIME

I had already used AboutTime at another company I worked for in the past. WorkMax is web based so it is easily accessed from any computer I'm using.

Travis from Archer Mechanical

Good time keeping program

The best thing about the workmax program the customer service has been easy to work with and have made working with the program more user friendly. Anytime we have had an issue they have been eager to help and get it corrected to work for our needs.

Pros

The fact I can see what my team have been working on. The reporting feature works well. The accuracy of time reporting when I need to compare time worked. And on what Project.

Cons

The only item that is rough is at times it takes a while for the clock in to actually kick in. It will say processing for a few minutes then clock in.

Melanie from Efraimson Electric Inc

Issues

Pros

It is nice that the time comes over each day (if the syncing works!)

Cons

We have had many issues with this program. The app is slow and freezes up and drains the battery on the phones. Syncing does not always work and sometimes some employees have not gotten paid for all their time because the time would not sync. We have had issues with sending the time to Sage and in some instances our payroll was late because we could not get the time to send. The app also does not remember the last location even though we have it checked. This has been an issue as the employee will clock into a job and when they clock out do not notice that it has changed to a different job so when the time gets sent over it is sent as the job that was listed on clock out not clock in. We have been told that the next update will fix this but have not seen a fix yet.

Hilda from Valcourt Building Services

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Experience

We are very satisfied with the product as well as the customer service we receive.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and navigate

Cons

it took some time to get users to understand and some feedback was phone connectivity.

n/a

Cheryl from NET100, Ltd.

The customer service and technical service reps are AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Pros

See above-- The technical group is very patient, knowledgeable, professional, and worth their weight in gold!!!!!!

Cons

The Sales rep. needed a bit more training-- on customer service and program application. Was not impressed.

Response from AboutTime Technologies

Replied March 2018

We¿re so happy to hear that you had a great experience with our Technical Support Team for on-boarding. We are always looking for ways to improve our entire customer experience and appreciate you taking the time to share yours with us. We apologize if you had a less than optimal experience and we are actively addressing how we can improve. We¿ll be enhancing our ongoing sales training in customer service and advanced product training to provide the most optimal experience for all our valued customers.

Marti from Brown Builders, Inc

WorkMaxx

Pros

The geofence works very well and is easy to implement.

Cons

Setting up a new job is a little complicated.

R.J. from Service Electric and Control, Inc.

We have worked through a number of glitches and overcame hurdles. The team has worked very hard.

The time and cost savings have been worth it.

Pros

I like the flexibility and great potential of the product. The app provides an ease of use for all employees. It's a huge improvement over paper time sheets, and no more worrying with constant inconsistencies. The GPS tagging is also a huge plus. You can really manage time effectively.

Cons

I don't like no having the ability to add or deduct days from the Time Sheet module. I would like to see the time records transfer all of the data over, including notes and custom fields. The sync process to Quickbooks has it's limits.

Jasmine from Transcona Roofing

Works great once you get it set up properly

Pros

It's very user friendly and the customer service is top notch

Cons

There were a few bumps while trying to get it set up, and took a while to learn exactly what we wanted out of the software leading to frustrated foremen, but once we figured that out they went above and beyond to make sure it was fixed.

Travis from Archer Mechanical

Clunky and no reliable

Pros

The one thing I did like I can see what other team members have been working on through out the week or month.

Cons

It does not have a desk top app to see if your still clocked in, Not user friendly when trying to either closk in from one project to the next. Time consuming to allocate time at the end of the week.

Response from AboutTime Technologies

Replied December 2019

Thank you Travis for your honest review and Feedback. It's because of our users feedback that we continue to advance and improve our software and we are so happy that since you left this review back in January of this year, your opinion of our software has improved based on your most recent review. I hope we can continue to improve and advance and exceed your expectations as we do so.

Rosanne from TPD Construction Co

Great Program

Pros

This software was very easy to set up and implement. It was very easy to train the employees and overall they don't have any issues.

Cons

I guess my least favorite item with the software would be getting the pictures of the guys taken and input - not that it was really difficult - but I had to get used to how to do it.

Jeff from Starr Group, LLC

Gret system that is easy to sync with your Accounting system!

Both them implementation and the use has been very smooth. I recommend this software to any company.

Pros

I liked that it was very easy to sync with our accounting software and that I can import all our time into the system every week.

Cons

The website can be slow to load at times.

WorkMax Time Tracking

The main issues with this was the app was not user friendly. We had several employees not being able to use the app because the app froze.

Pros

The concept of time tracking via using smartphones.

Karrie from CEC Companies

It's a fairly simple process now that I've become familiar with it. I honestly like the app version

Pros

The app and the ease of using it. Initially I was reluctant about the functionality and ease of using it to submit time and approve time. I enjoy the ability to copy a timesheet from week to week.