All YM Careers Reviews

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Great Platform for Job board or Career Sites

Excellent

PROS

UI design Job Panel Network of job openings feed

CONS

So far I have not experienced anything I would call a con.

Better Features and Sales Team

Hi Brian, thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that your experience thus far using YM Careers has been a great one, and that you're enjoying the new UI design as well as the Pane View.

Replied October 2020

Lisa

Reviewed March 2021

There is NO competition to YM's Job Board

Did I say this company and product rocks yet? I had a VERY dismal time with another job board provider, the account rep had an always full mailbox, the tech team while relatively supportive was not very stellar, and the owner of the company literally yelled at my VP once. The quality of care, product and service and caliber of professionalism at YM cannot be understated. And see above for the amazing customer service. Truthfully, for a nice job board site, you would do yourself a disservice not going with YM (and you will probably get some headaches).

PROS

For the software itself, it's very easy to use on both the front and back end. Running reports, helping customers as the administrator is very simple and most of it is out-of-the-box yet customizable to our industry and needs. It is really so easy to do everything I need, including pulling numbers on specific products or users. To post a job on the front end or a resume is incredibly easy as well. I have had no legitimate complaints from customers. Perhaps the best thing about thing about this software though is the customer service. I mean it's incredible on every end and from every angle. We get marketing support, sales support and customer service support for us and our job seekers/job posters. I can't stress enough how awesome the YM Careers team is, especially our account rep Nena. She could not be easier or more fun to work with, she's a fantastic account exec and goes above and beyond all the time!

CONS

The things I like least about the software itself is that I cannot find any issues to help fix! I literally have zero complaints--which is weird for me.

Reasons for switching to YM Careers

The sales, customer service and level of professionalism was completely non-existent. It was like working with a used car club versus a Rolls Royce dealership now.

Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for such an amazing review! Our team works so hard to provide our customers with not only a stellar technology solution that is continually updated and improved, but expert sales, marketing and support experience to help you improve member engagement and increase non-dues revenue! On behalf the entire team here at YM Careers, thank you so much and please be sure to reach out to your dedicated partner rep if you ever need any help! Best, Dawn DiLorenzo Director of Marketing YM Careers

1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

YM Careers Review

PROS

Layout of website was good, setup, and eye appeal.

CONS

The value proposition of the sales team is lacking.

Reason for choosing YM Careers

The value proposition of the sales team.

Kelli

Reviewed September 2021

Best Job Board Platform Around!

Like I mentioned above...the customer service with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is phenomenal. She is always looking at ways to improve our Career Center and sending me webinars to attend to help.

PROS

We have been a client of YM Careers (previously JobTarget) for almost 10 years. YM Careers is very easy to use and the customer service is above any other customer service I receive elsewhere ([SENSITIVE CONTENT] is amazing!). I specifically like where we receive an email suggesting that we use a pre-made promotional piece that they send to our employers in the system and elsewhere and usually that same week, we have an uptick in our job postings, which is additional non-dues revenue for us!

CONS

There has been nothing that I would change or like least. It really is simple to use.

Reason for choosing YM Careers

We continually get emails or calls from competitors (like Boxwood, etc.) asking us to attend a demo or to switch to them and I happily turn them down because we are so happy with YM Careers.

Hi Kelli, Thank you so much for your review of YM Careers - we are so happy to hear that although our competitors are knocking on your door, we are giving you no reason to let them in! :) Best, Dawn DiLorenzo Director of Marketing YM Careers

Kelly

Reviewed April 2021

Great Job Board Solution

I have worked with YM Careers for several years now with our Job Board and online Career Fairs. The customer support is excellent. It truly can't be beat. Everyone is super helpful and responsive making it so easy on the client. So many things are completed on YM Careers end so the client can just sit back. The Job Board pretty much runs itself and YM Careers does a great job with marketing and provides the client with great promotional tools. I'm very happy with this company.

PROS

I like the ease of use. It does everything that is needed with little maintenance.

CONS

I wish it was easier to update marketing content such as ads. Currently this needs to be done through YM Careers and can't be done through an admin portal.

Thank you Kelly for your awesome review! We are excited to hear you're having a great experience with YM Careers! I wanted to let you know you CAN download the native files for any ad, HTML email, banner, and more on the YM Careers Marketing Resource Center which is available under the Marketing tab in Admin to edit in Adobe. Because we know that not all of our customers have an in-house resource to do this, our team can edit the files for you. All you have to do is talk to your Customer Success Manager and they can enter a creative design request to our Marketing team. Best, Dawn DiLorenzo Director of Marketing YM Careers

Angela

Reviewed October 2021

YM Careers - It Works!

In one word - great! I am confident that my experience is largely in part to the dedication and investment of the Society's assigned Senior Customer Success Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

PROS

Implementing a job board with little set-up time required from the SPR staff was one key motivator in selecting YM careers. However, the YM staff's openness and responsiveness to suggestions and customizations (within reason) are invaluable, allowing the job board to meet the organization's needs. As we know, one size does not fit all.

CONS

What I like least are the cartoonish-like suggested marketing emails. However, YM recognizes that style may not fit all organizations and provides content and images for organizations to tailor as needed. So, my least favorite item is not a barrier, as YM has identified an alternative option.

Angela, Thank you for your review and so happy to see your 5 star rating! We recently upgraded our Marketing Resource Center for our customers and you should see dozens of options available to you to download and edit your design software, or you can work with our customer marketing team to assist on many projects Best, Dawn DiLorenzo Director of Marketing YM Careers

Franco

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2020

F. H. Review

we are a nonprofit organization, and we use the Career Center as a benefit to our partners. Our partners are Engineering companies of a variety of disciplines that are souring talent and recruiting NSBE members. We host a number of events every year. We want to ensure the software is either meeting or exceeding the needs of our partners.

PROS

When working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], she is always so informative and professional, and she listens and understands the needs of our partners with respect to their use of the NSBE Career Center. She assists me in remedying problems; however, she assists me with respect to brainstorming to determine how to meet and exceed the needs of our partners.

CONS

Sometimes it takes a long time to implement new project initiatives, but I can say since working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] she goes and above and beyond with respect to following up with me about the rolling out of new software functionality that is designed to meet the needs of our partners.

Reason for choosing YM Careers

Hi Franco, thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that our partner services team has gone above and beyond to provide exceptional customer support and exceed expectations as well. We strive to keep our partners up to date with our product updates and answer all questions that may arrive and provide further explanation.

Replied October 2020

Brock

Defense & Space, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Risk-free way to add member value & increase non-dues revenue!

Partnering with YM Careers helped us raise our profile to continually become the most invaluable resource to people in our industry. Our Career Center is now a major tool for exposure within our industry. It also allows us to capture more non-dues revenue from member organizations that don't fall within their traditional advertising/exhibition/sponsorship budgets. We're now capturing revenue from their Talent Acquisition budgets that were previously not coming to our association.

PROS

The fact that YM Careers runs it's own sales operation and then pays out a royalty to the client, makes this a completely risk-free way to add tremendous value and increase non-dues revenue! It also allows small staff associations to largely "set-it-and-forget-it" once they've determined their market segment and added the appropriate links to their own websites and newsletters.

CONS

Even though our AMS is also within the Community Brands family, there still isn't really a true integration with our AMS. New Career Center leads should automatically feed into our AMS, but unfortunately, this still doesn't happen.

Reason for choosing YM Careers

We chose YM Careers because it was a no-cost option because they have their own sales team.

Hi Brock, thank you for your review! Becoming the premier resource for talent and jobs in your industry is one of the benefits we want all our partners to experience, and we are happy to hear how valuable your association has become to your members and industry professionals. We are also continuing to work on our integrations with our AMS products to provide a more seamless experience for you.

Replied July 2020

Reviewed June 2020

YM Careers has a quality product and some of the best customer service

What I like most about YM Careers are its customer support services. Our account representative is efficient, fast, knowledgeable, and will assist us with our questions to ensure we got the right solution to our challenges. They even help to anticipate the future needs of our organization and membership, then advise how we can better serve our members with their product services. Truly one of the best customer service experiences I've had the pleasure of working with. It's as if they are a member of our staff!

PROS

As a program manager, I appreciate the quality of administrative control that I have behind the scenes. I've been using the product for under a year, yet the ease of use and the quality of support I can provide our users is excellent! Their products are so well-tailored to our industry; we are considering adopting a second service because of the quality and easy-of-use of there products and services.

CONS

What I've suggested for future consideration is for YM Careers to consider better integration of single-sign in if we use multiple products. It's a challenge to our members when we have to provide them various usernames and passwords if we were to use different products/services from YM Careers.

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that your experience using our product has been an easy and productive one! We also continue to work on our integration points to better provide a better overall user experience for members.

Replied June 2020

Reviewed April 2021

ISBA Career Center

We seldom have any issues, when we do they are addressed immediately and resolved.

PROS

Ease of use, and provides us with an extra revenue stream.

CONS

No problems with this software. It is better than anything we had previously used.

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! Our team at YM Careers works hard to develop career center technology that is easy to use, and helps our association customers better engage with their members and drive non-dues revenue. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for being a YM Careers customer! Best, Dawn DiLorenzo Director of Marketing

Marcia

Human Resources, 2-10 employees

Invaluable

We have been with YM for a long time. We recently looked at what else was out there and chose to keep our partnership because we have grown together! YM remains responsive and are super receptive to our ideas for customization!

PROS

We have had the best and most responsive support from our Account Managers and our partners at YM!

CONS

Maybe reporting but nothing we aren’t able to work around.

Hi Marcia, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for YM Careers. We have an upgrade to our reporting coming soon - be sure to look out for the note from our partner services team soon! Best, Dawn DiLorenzo Director of Marketing YM Careers

Rose

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Well done!

My opinion is highly colored by experience with YM Careers staff - our Customer Success Manager and Customer Service. They are exceptionally good: they have answers, they seem to be good with the employers and understand the concept of customer service. Without that, the best software could be a bust.

PROS

The software does its job. If we didn't have validation turned on, I would have no problems!

CONS

No easy way to identify a job order to an employer. What's the difference between Item ID and Order ID? I didn't know until quite recently that the purpose of Job Name is to do that.

Kristin

Reviewed August 2020

The software easy to use

SIAM has successfully partnered with YM for 13 years on our Job Board. YM upgrades the Job Board site, software, and is proactive with introducing new products. My contact, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], works closely with me to convey new ideas, strategized, market, and offers valuable insight. Most recently SIAM has partnered with YM for our Virtual Annual Meeting (AN20) and Virtual Career Fair. SIAM will partner again with YM for our next Virtual Career Fair in 2021. I look forward to collaborating with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the future.

PROS

The software is intuitive for all user levels.

CONS

I did not require additional training but was offered the resources to assist me.

Hi Kristin, thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that our partnership is still going strong and you're happy with the offerings we provide. We strive to continuously provide new ideas and strategies for our partners for many more years.

Replied August 2020

Eliset

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Review from PIHRA

My experience has been exceptional. Not only does our association have a great partnership with YM Careers but we have a seen a steady growth in our sales since working on a monthly basis with our direct contact at YM Careers. We feel supported and equipped to continue to help our members use this product.

PROS

As a partner or YM careers I find the product to be seamless and easy to use. The marketing resources and tools housed in the platform help guide our association to better market the Career Center to our members and provide better service.

CONS

Our priority is providing excellent and timely customer service to our members. At times we have experienced delays when it comes to YM Career servicing our members. Better customer service would be helpful to ensure members and nonmembers get the most out of YM Careers.

Brittany

Reviewed July 2020

Used for Resume Database and job board

Mari is a savior and could not function without her!

PROS

The filtering, and candidate report were most beneficial to our sponsors

CONS

limit of functionality. No bulk download, when viewing resumes, there is no identifier that you already viewed etc.

Reasons for switching to YM Careers

More functionality, better UI/UX etc.

Hi Brittany, thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that Mari excels at providing you with support when needed. We also continue to work on new updates, functionality, and capabilities in order to provide our partners with the best overall experience.

Replied July 2020

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Great Review

Very Good.

PROS

Easy to use and always innovative with the job board market. Fantastic website and ability to measure success

CONS

Nothing Really. I cant see myself using any other.

Hi John, thank you for your review! We hope to continue providing innovative ideas for our products and our partners who contribute to our success.

Replied June 2019

Susan

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2019

job board software

PROS

customer service provided to employers posting jobs

CONS

metrics/tracking of apply clicks and applications

Hi Susan, thank you for your review! We make it a priority to provide the best customer service possible to our partners while continuing to work on new features and updates for optimization.

Replied June 2019