All ZipRecruiter Reviews

Susan

2 - 10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed August 2022

Did not find quality candidates

Blake

Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed November 2019

Outsource your recruiting and save yourself time

Great -- we gave them a detailed description of what we were looking for and they delivered the candidates directly to our door.

PROS

As a manufacturing company, we're facing the same obstacles as everybody else in America right now -- finding and recruiting quality candidates. ZipRecruiter saved us a ton of time and just delivered candidates to our doorstep. We went from sifting through resumes to training and producing.

CONS

Not much! Maybe that the free trial wasn't longer, but that's an easy thing to gripe about :). Would recommend and use again in different companies.

Reason for choosing ZipRecruiter

We were hoping to offload our work. We're a manufacturing company by specialty, not a recruitment company. Leave that to the pros like Ziprecruiter.

Reasons for switching to ZipRecruiter

We didn't want to sift through hundreds of applications anymore and hoped to outsource the work.

Hi We're so glad you had a good experience while using ZipRecruiter and that our platform was easy to use. We are always working on ways to get you the best quality of candidates and job search results. Thank you so much for your kind words and for letting ZipRecruiter take part in your hiring and job search process. If you ever need anything else, our team is available to you 24/7! Thank you, Tier 2 Support

Replied December 2019

DIANA

Hospitality, 10,000+ employees

Recruiter Tool

It has been a good journey and overall happy with it.

PROS

Easy access and follow up of candidates.

CONS

Sometimes I don't find candidates and it is hard to recruiter people in my area.

Danielle

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Frustrating implementation and account setup for Greenhouse ATS users

Overall experience with the system was extremely disappointing. I was unable to determine the effectiveness of the product due to all of the issues we encountered along the way.

PROS

I really enjoyed the resume search database. This was the only feature I was able to use without any problem. Unfortunately to due to the issues we encountered during account setup, we were not able to determine the actual effectiveness of this product as a recruiting tool.

CONS

My experience with the initial setup of our account and integration of ZipRecruiter with our ATS, Greenhouse, was extremely frustrating. We went through 3 different Account Managers in a 60 day period with 0 consistency of information with each new person. There were various issues we encountered with account setup and their ability to correctly scrape our jobs from our ATS. After starting this process in early May of 2019 we decided to part ways in mid to late August due to lagging issues with our account we just could not seem to receive a reasonable resolution for. Unfortunately due to all of the issues, we were never able to determine the effectiveness of the actual product. The platform has an algorithm that fine tunes its targeting of the "ideal" applicant based off your rating of applicants that apply. The more time you spend rating applicants the better targeting capabilities it supposedly has. The concept is great, however, for companies with a large hiring volume it becomes a time consuming feature to have to manage applicants in both an ATS and in ZipRecruiter.

Reason for choosing ZipRecruiter

We did not choose ZipRecruiter over other products. We brought it on to test rather it would be a more effective solution that some of the other products we use regularly.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback with us, Danielle! If you ever need any further assistance with the ZipRecruiter platform or your ATS integration, please feel welcome to contact our dedicated customer care team directly. Best! --TC

Replied April 2020

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Gets your job add out there

ok. Was hoping for better outcome, but I understand this is a tough hiring environment

PROS

How fast they got me exposure after posting my add

CONS

High cost and didn't find an candidate after 1 month

Reason for choosing ZipRecruiter

Trying something new as I had been exclusivley using Indeed.

Reasons for switching to ZipRecruiter

Not finding the right candidates with Indeed searches.

Haley

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Zip Recruiter Review

My experience in having to hire for positions at my company has been very easy with this app.

PROS

Zip Recruiter is very simple to use and very convenient in helping find that perfect candidate.

CONS

So far, I like everything about the app.

Jared

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed August 2023

ZipRecruiter is an okay product, but didn't result in many candidates for me

It is an okay product that probably works best for specialized recruiting in niche fields.

PROS

I liked that it was easy to use. The interface is very easy and allows for the candidates to apply easily.

CONS

We only received 7 candidates with only 1 having the qualifications for the role. With Indeed we receive at least 30 with more than 10 being qualified.

Reason for choosing ZipRecruiter

Glassdoor was more expensive than Zip.

Reasons for switching to ZipRecruiter

We wanted to see if there were better options out there. We will not be using ziprecruiter again however.

MBA

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Very goo product for Recruiter and job seeker

user-friendly interface, efficient job matching, and comprehensive tools for job posting and applicant tracking

PROS

some common positive aspects of ZipRecruiter include its wide reach, user-friendly interface, automated matching, and mobile accessibility, making it a convenient platform for job posting and applicant tracking.

CONS

Don't seem to know how that would work out for the hacker

sicilia

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed January 2024

We use ZipRecruiter for finding qualified employees

PROS

We use ZipRecruiter find applicants for new positions. I prefer the layout of ZipRecruiter over other websites like Monster and Indeed.

CONS

It costs more than our previous recruiting software.

Michelle

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Great for recruiting

PROS

Easy to use and found many great candidates using zip recruiter. Many more applications than usual

CONS

Can’t really think of anything I felt it was a useful tool for staffing

Dezeray

Hospitality, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

ZipRecruiter

PROS

That its available as another option for looking for jobs/ candidiates.

CONS

I didn't feel that it gave me a broad option of jobs based off my experience. It seemed to be all the same type of listings.

Reviewed January 2020

Not a big fan

Not great, it is a great sales organization but there are more effective and cheaper solutions.

PROS

It was extremely user friendly and flashy with it's design and layout. The customer advocates were knowledgeable and very quick to respond.

CONS

It was extremely expensive. Not only did you pay a regular fee you had to boost the posts so much that it was cost prohibitive and each conversation resulted in the advocate telling you to spend more money. When we were paying thousands and not receiving qualified candidates we pulled the plug.

Reasons for switching to ZipRecruiter

I was interested after hearing case studies and wanted to find a place for qualified candidates without blowing my bank account.

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter. We are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience using our service. The last thing we want is for you to feel pressured into purchasing add-ons such as Traffic boosts in order to have success on our platform. I apologize if this was the experience you had while with us. You should not need to spend more and more money to have success on ZipRecruiter. However, making sure your ad is optimized and using the tools and features we offer on the website are keys to success. If you would like to try our service again at any point we would love to take the time to help you optimize your ads. Please reach out to our Customer Success team at 877-252-1062 or support@ziprecruiter.com. We are available 24/7 and would be more than happy to assist! Kind Regards, Andrew Tier II Support

Replied January 2020

Ikiera

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

Job Board review

I love the site so far, it doesn't give me all the features that Indeed does but it's still a really good site that has some really great job postings even some are better than Indeed's job listings but it could use some improving

PROS

I love how they have really good jobs and more options sometimes than indeed. It gives me more info on the jobs I'm searching and applying to. I also love the quick apply option which makes it easier for me to apply to jobs when I really found an interest and didn't want to go online and complete a whole questionnaire on my employment. I love how it gives me the pay range, the title of the position and a brief description of the job as well.

CONS

I don't like how long it takes to hear updates from employers. It doesn't show the employers responsive rate like how indeed does and it doesn't let me know how many people applied to the positions listed.

Reasons for switching to ZipRecruiter

It gives me more insight of the jobs listed like how many people applied to the position and if the employers respond quickly to applicants' submissions or not. After all if I'm in need of a job I don't want to apply and it takes weeks or even months to hear back from an employer or not hear anything back at all. It's helpful to see if the employer checks their applicant submissions frequently or else the applicants will think they're not in a hurry to hire.

Nicholas

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2020

ZipRecruiter Continues to Help Me Find Jobs

Overall, ZipRecruiter is a great recruitment tool in comparison to sites like Monster or LinkedIn. I have already recommended this site to many friends with success.

PROS

ZipRecruiter helped me find my way to a permanent full-time position after working as a temp agent for a number of years. And now, ZipRecruiter is an excellent tool to build upon what I learned and find a another permanent position that suits my needs

CONS

The application process set up by employers could be facilitated. I found myself answering questions on ZipRecruiter for certain companies, only to find that there is another questionnaire or application process sent to my email afterwards. It would've been convenient to complete the entire application process on one medium, instead of making clients double their workload on different sites.

Reasons for switching to ZipRecruiter

ZipRecuiter facilitated the application process to fill it out online before contacting the employer directly.

Chad

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Love ZipRecruiter

We have been using the solution for over five years now and they continue to make improvements and add new features

PROS

The admin / job creator section is extremely easy to use and it saves all of our current and previous job opportunities.

CONS

I don’t really have any cons. The company provides all the tools that we need to efficiently post positions and hire new talent so I would have to say there are really no cons regarding the solution

Reasons for switching to ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter had more features that we specifically were looking for.

Hi Chad, Thanks for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter. It's awesome to see that you have had such a great experience using our platform for so long! We greatly appreciate you using us for your hiring needs! If you need anything, please reach out to our Customer Success team at 877-252-1062 or support@ziprecruiter.com. We are available 24/7. Kind Regards, Andrew Tier II Support

Replied December 2019

Beth

Staffing and Recruiting, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2019

Good but not Great

I've stopped using ZipRecruiter do to Customer Service related issues. I was offered a lifetime discount and so many resume views per month upon signing up and then a year later was told that they were no longer honoring their initial offer and I should never have been offered that in the first place. That was it for me, I had a generally positive experience with them, but I can't pay money to a company that doesn' t keep their word, and they didn't care about keeping me as a customer either. No apologies or another form of compensation was offered, just a simple shouldn't have happened, sorry about your luck (without the sorry). So, I took my business elsewhere.

PROS

ZipRecruiter is a good product, but it also depends on who you are trying to hire. Some industries get a better response rate than others. I like the overall quality of applicants. It's easy to use the self-explanatory system. You generally start receiving applications within seconds of posting jobs, if it's in the category that does well with their audience.

CONS

Their system algorithm is a bit off; I will get a candidate they recommend to me that either doesn't have the right experience at all or has terrible job tenure but will have a "High" rating. I understand that they are not a deciding factor based on Job Tenure, but anyone who is a hiring manager knows that job tenure is significant. Another thing I didn't like about using ZipRecruiter is they recommend your jobs based on specific information that sometimes isn't' allowed to be shared upfront, like salary or client name and based on this you get a lower view rates and lower recommendations. It should be based solely on credentials of candidates applying that jobs are recommended too, NOT based on those things. Another thing I didn't like about ZipRecruiter is that locations have to be exact; you were able to post as a "work from home" or "remote" opportunities in the location option. They did have a tag for it, but then you couldn't specify industry because you had to tag it as remote and not say "healthcare."

Hello Beth, Thank you for taking the time to submit this review as your feedback is very important to us! Although our system does work to identify the best-matched candidates for your job, there are several other tools that we encourage all customers to take advantage of to help better their chances of finding the right candidate and filtering out those who do not meet your standards. We also provide great free features to help increase your visibility, such as social media integration and job optimization. We want you to be able to make those hires quickly and efficiently and we understand how time consuming it can be to make the perfect hire! If we ever have the pleasure of assisting you with your hiring needs in the future, we would be more than happy to walk you through those additional features. We are open 24/7 at Ziprecruiter for your convenience. Kind Regards, Tier II Customer Support

Replied June 2019

Ardittee

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

My life would be TERRIBLE without Ziprecruiter

I personally adore this job board. Like I mentioned, it has bought diversity of applicants through our office doors and made our business a lot more like a family environment given the fact that we have different levels of experience that we are hiring. I think it is great and makes my job extremely easy.

PROS

Ziprecruiter is my go to Job Board as a Hiring Manager. Ziprecruiter not only has great affordable plans but they truly cast the widest net when it comes to applicants. Coming from a place where I was only budgeted for Indeed, Ziprecruiter has opened up doors by advertising to every board from Monster to Linkedin. It has truly been a game changer and we have seen numerous people come through our doors that have been sharp and well qualified individuals. Each applicant has their own story and we have met great employees through this software and that is because Ziprecruiter leaves no stone unturned. They really are the best contenders in the job seeing world!

CONS

The one issue I would say would be the "Quick Apply". From my experience, sometimes the quick apply is so easy for applicants it makes my job as a Hiring Manager a little tough. This is due to the fact that when an applicant is on a job application frenzy, they will apply for anything and everything meaning they do not necessarily remember applying/apply by mistake. This results in a lot of confusion and wasted time when reaching out to applicants. If there was maybe more of a screening process involved so the applicants are required to read and check what they're apply for, it'd make a huge difference!

Reason for choosing ZipRecruiter

Affordable and gets more results!

Reasons for switching to ZipRecruiter

The job boards were not a great return on investment, we were spending a lot of money and not getting the results.

Hello Ardittee, Thank you for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, Your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and our platform. It is always a great feeling when you successfully make your new hire/hires! We hope they are the perfect fit for your company! If you need any assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062. We are available 24/7. Kind Regards Customer Success Team Tier II

Replied October 2019

Carlos

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Good Job Seeking Website

My overall experience of using ZipRecruiter is good enough for me to post job openings and to apply jobs from trust worthy employers. I understand that this software isn't all good for people because they have problems with ZipRecruiter, but for me, it's great. I get email from ZipRecruiter that I applied jobs instantly. To me, I would use this software to seek jobs all over again. If anyone wants to find a good job hunting website to seek whatever jobs the people wanted to apply, I recommend ZipRecuiter software for anyone.

PROS

I signed up to be user of ZipRecruiter to find cool jobs that's very simple to use, and also for posting job alerts for anyone who wants needs notifications of upcoming job postings from companies in the country of United States of America. After using ZipRecruiter software for a long while, I believe this a a pretty well developed software. I liked that ZipRecruiter has an optional sign up social media feature for anyone who has their Google account, Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media account to be linked with ZipRecuiter. The software can send emails to users of any job postings that match user's Resume and Cover Letter. The integration with the current business I'm working really helped me recruit many people who wanted to work with me in any place. I also see that ZipRecruiter has a Safety Red Flag button to allow job seekers to identify suspicious job postings and report it to the Trust and Safety Department, so they can view the job posting right away.

CONS

When I'm using ZipRecruiter software, I noticed that there are some features are missing that could've been used for the software. This software doesn't displayed the interview schedule availabilities set up for anyone who applied to a company and meet up for job interview. I can see that ZipRecruiters are working hard to eliminate job Scams posted by unknown employer of an unknown companies, but they still need to follow customer complaints about job postings that are considered a Scam. They should guaranteed they have a Verified Employer number and have Acceptable rating via Better Business Bureau. That way customers will be able to apply to jobs in all confidence realizing respected companies and will help benefit job candidates.

Hi Carlos! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your voice and support are very important to us. So you know, we have forwarded your feedback to our developers. We're always working hard to continue to improve our platform, and your voice helps us do that. If you ever have questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@ziprecruiter.com. Our agents are available 24/7! ~DW

Replied May 2020