All Whova Reviews

1-25 of 1,955 Reviews

Natalie

E-Learning, 11 - 50 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Great virtual conference tool!

Kellie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2020

Whova for a Virtual Event Win!

With six weeks to go for a virtual 4-day conference, Whova met all the requirements we were looking for in a virtual conference experience for both the organization and the attendees. The price point was ideal for a small organization, and their a la cart pricing helps keep within any budget. It was a very successful event for the organization and discussion is to have some virtual option moving forward, even if we still hold an in-person event.

PROS

A Small non-profit I work with moved their in-person event to virtual event for 2020. With 6 weeks until the event start in September, a decision was made to move it to a more robust option allowing for sponsor interaction. Whova came through for us in many ways - financially, user-friendly for both back end and attendee end, integration with already existing registration platform - RegFox, Zoom interface, meeting rooms, session surveys and robust reporting. Any issues we had and sent support emails were addressed in a timely manner. They offer several help documents and videos to walk you through various set-up and troubleshooting.

CONS

Be aware that Whova has their own drip-campaign of emails they send to those attending your event. We were not aware of these prior to them sending, and it cause a bit of confusion and frustration on our end. We are not able to see in advance nor edit those emails, which also contained information not pertinent to our virtual event. We did address this with our sales person in our post-event meeting, and this is an issue they are aware of and addressing.

Reason for choosing Whova

We looked at private video production companies to oversee the event with price tags of $15k - $70k. We are very pleased with the results we had with Whova and hiring out a consultant via Upwork who did our speakers, session recording and day-of virtual event coordination.

Bonnie

Photography, 1 employee

No title at this time

love the info at my fingertips to see classes and schedule

PROS

ease of information directly from my phone

CONS

couldn't get the scan QR code to work like it did last year when trying to connect and share with other attendees

YuHsiang

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Not great not bad

PROS

I like how I can see all the agenda of the upcoming event I am about to attend. The networking feature is refreshing too.

CONS

I do not like the interface, not very user friendly and kind of ugly.

Debbie

Human Resources, 501-1,000 employees

Easy to use App

It was easy to maneuver the app. everything was laid out for convenience.

PROS

The app was set up for convenience and stress free for all who attended the conference.

CONS

There really was not anything I did not like.

Jillian

Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 employees

Refreshing app

Excellent experience and an informative app ngā mihi

PROS

Multiple areas of interest. Was a pleasure to use and so many areas to choose from.

CONS

Nothing to really dislike. Who a was easy enough to navigate

Josephh

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Info room.

WHova was something new to me, but I felt in love with it so easily because it was easy to navigate and gather the needed info on time. Another interesting thing about the app is that you can literarily share some basic info to someone that you think is necessary. For example, when we were schedule to go to Nashville, Tennessee, we were able to connect on whova and discussed transportation issue, and many got connected that needed help.

PROS

The connection with other users and easy to communicate. organized plan events with time and location.

CONS

I don't know. I guess I like everything about the app for now.

Cynthia

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Easy to download and use

PROS

Download was fast, registration was intuitive and easy to follow, app was easy to navigate within

CONS

i only used it for 2 days, don't have any negative comments

Ed

Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees

First Time User

PROS

Very easy to navigate, user friendly overall layout of the app was great

CONS

The icebreaker is hit or miss depending upon how it's used

Royette

Legal Services, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Whova is Great for Conferences

Excellent. I was constantly checking it before and after the conference for updates or information.

PROS

It provides information on my conferences such as agenda, speakers, attendees, documents.

CONS

Nothing. Whova is fine. There was nothing I did not like.

10,000+ employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2023

Best App for a Large Conference

PROS

I love having everything in one place. It's easy to move between the tabs, integrates messaging capability, shows full schedule and allows you to customize your own schedule, easy to find the powerpoints and additional documentation from the presenters.

CONS

I would love to be able to set up a group chat in the messaging feature.

Debora

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Great Event, Webinar and Video Chat Meeting Platform

Overall, enjoyed using and being able to participate in a conference that would otherwise be physical and being able to interact with other attendees. I believe there's more potential for increased interaction and exchange of info with others vs. a physical conference. I like being able to go back and reference past posts and be able to continue engaging with attendees after the event, but I wish there were no expiration for the event info and chat posts.

PROS

I used this platform for our database vendor's annual conference which had to be entirely virtual this year due to Covid-19. They offered webinars, individual drop in meeting hours with various reps, special interest topics/chat rooms, a document download section and even photo contests. There was so much available, I'm sure I didn't explore every feature. Pros: -Easy to register and log into via App or Browser, especially helpful when on a Chromebook -Clean intuitive interface -Able to see Agenda and main areas from Home page -Good one on one video chat capability for meeting with reps (didn't get to test waiting in line capability) -Video and audio was clear for webinars (our vendor used Go-To-Meeting, which allowed the complete running Transcript for both days' webinars to be viewed), convenient links to recorded webinars for past events -Variety of engaging areas, including multiple Virtual Activity and Topic Chat Rooms, and Contests that allowed users to comment and post photos - good creative fun and lurkers can also benefit from others' posts -Document download area -Able to reference info and continue interacting with attendees after the event (but limited to 6 months)

CONS

Because I am on an older Chromebook, I was unable to do some of the following: Cons: -Limited functionality on older devices kept me from viewing a Comment I added to my posted Photo in the Contest chat area (did not take the Comment), which I added via older mobile Phone - I was unable to view Comment on either my Phone or my older Chromebook (could have been user error) -Comment to my Photo by others did not show up under my Photo but much further down and under the other person's posts - layout for comments and replies was confusing and didn't follow sub-menu properly or consistently - My Reply to a Comment added via older Chrome device did show up under her Comment, but not under my Photo (maybe it was the other User's error or perhaps she submitted it via her Phone and also had a problem) - mobile interface may be a little buggy. -Was unable to see the number of likes per Photo or Posts on everyone's submitted Photos on my older Chromebook device, but was able to see these on my Phone -6 month time limit access to content (would love to access indefinitely)

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

HORRIBLE experience for an event creator

Hated it.

PROS

Lots of features are available. But the cons far outweigh the features.

CONS

Sponsor logo size is way too small to be viewed as a benefit to anyone considering a paid sponsorship. Registrants who want to pay by PO/check have to be entered into the platform manually as “order.” BUT, when done that way they show up as FREE tickets, completely destroying the integrity of the reporting system. Also, when I manually entered a team of 16 people from one organization, I had to enter all the company info 16 times. The method for adding people is beyond cumbersome. We have people who are speakers, sponsors, and exhibitors. Rather than just having a PEOPLE category, where those roles are selected, the person has to be entered three times in three categories. And they can’t access their collective profile — they have to update in three categories… Are you kidding me?? (when setting up an exhibitor, can check “sponsor” but it does nothing, as they still have to be entered as such manually.) Updating speaker at session level doesn’t allow for the addition of their email address, which has to be done at the speaker level later. When creating a new speaker, there is a button to add a session, but when you click it, it says to save the speaker first. When you do that, the window closes, so what’s the point of that useless button? Our account manager wasn’t identified WELL into the event building process , nor did they actively participate in the creating of our event. MANY attendees and speakers/exhibitors report not receiving emails send from the platform

Reason for choosing Whova

Cost and perceived benefits and other reviews.

Stacie

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Amazing Addition to any Event

Overall, I highly recommend the app to anyone facilitating a large event with multiple panels and speaking engagements. It made the event feel more personal. Its a great way to keep people hyped about the event and also create a buzz around all the events and meet-up opportunities.

PROS

As an event attendee, the Whova app played a pivotal role in my attendance. The app allowed me to prepare well in advance, get familiar with each speaking engagement, and connect with other attendees. All of which, really encouraged my involvement with the week-long events. One great opportunity was the virtual meet-ups that I was able to create. Also, the leaderboard was a great idea. This kept attendees coming back to the app every day if not multiple times a day.

CONS

Really, the downside was more technical issues. App refresh issues, continuity between app and full website, and things of that nature. Not being able to click on a user's name or photo within chats to get to their full profile. Things that would make it easier to navigate. One major issue was when I set up my virtual meet-up I was not able to find info on how to facilitate. I need to plan things out, so I wasn't sure how the meeting would go. And, quite honestly between the time I made the meet-up to the night before, I forgot that the Whova app would be able to host the virtual meetup so I decided to host it on Zoom.

Evan

Fishery, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2022

New Employee Made Veteran Connections Thanks to Whova

I'm a brand new employee with Orvis who ended up having to attend my first annual gathering solo, meaning Whova was a HUGE help for me. I made connections, found out what certain people looked like, and kept myself on schedule all thanks to Whova. Have never used anything like this before, and really glad I got over my initial skepticism and gave it a try. Was thoroughly impressed, and so were other attendees that I talked to about it.

PROS

This was my first-ever corporate conference, so I was a bit nervous about not knowing anyone or anything about it. The Whova app allowed me to connect to attendees beforehand, arranging rides and auxiliary meetings to maximize my time. I also enjoyed the Agenda feature, which clearly outlined the events of each day, and also allowed me to reach out to ask questions of the organizers prior to arriving.

CONS

Honestly, no major cons come to mind about this software. I did notice that many of the attendees chose photos of themselves that did not clearly show their faces in the thumbnail. It might be worthwhile to add instructions to the upload screen that encourage people to choose clear photos of their faces and zoom in so that we can recognize them during the event. Another feature that I wish existed (but that I can imagine was omitted due to security concerns) is a map tracking feature that would show the current location of a specific person. I spent two days trying to track down a couple of people that I never did find, would've been nice to know which conference room they were in at any given time.

Ashwaq

Public Relations and Communications, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Best for our Annual Meetups and Events

PROS

The ease of use, invites, managing agenda as admin and the user experience, ease of access and interactions as a user.

CONS

The interface only as it can be further enhanced to be more attractive and catchy.

Reason for choosing Whova

The value in return and the ease of use

Kimberly

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Used less than 2 years

Attending Seminars in 21st Century

The cost of attending conferences can be staggering. Not only for registration but travel and staying at the conference. Using Whova to organize the conference allows the attendees much more freedom and ease in attending and tracking where you need to be.

PROS

Whova is a wonderful addition for any conference. I first used Whova in 2018 while attending RTUC in Las Vegas. As you can imagine, this is an enormous place with lots of things to do for a first time visitor. Whova let me organize my agenda, set up meetings and after hours get togethers, all in one place. I loved being able to look in one place to find what was coming up. This year our conference was done online only. The usual get togethers and lunches were missing but Whova still made it personal. We had pictures, messages, events, question and answers from sessions and even a leader board to show who was doing the best. I would love to attend future events online as long as Whova is a part of them. You truly have a very easy to use and appealing app. Thank you for making attending yearly Conferences more enjoyable even during the Pandemic.

CONS

I don't really have any complaints. I think Whova has a very appealing look and very user friendly

Barbara

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2023

Whova for Conference/Event

Great - when we started using WHOVA for conferences a few years ago, it was a game-changer for vendors.

PROS

two key features that are invaluable when attending a conference/event (speaking as a vendor):1) being able to capture new leads, contacts, gather their information, follow up, manage leads using the lead capture, especially when the attendees have the QR codes on their badges (the QR code is critical).2) having up to date event schedule on the app - with updates, reminders, note-taking, and more really facilitates and adds value to our attendance as vendors. no more carrying around a paper schedule, taking notes in the sessions

CONS

It would be easier for a vendor to have the lead capture always readily accessible on the app and not have to go to the home page, then go to the leads. Also, at the last conference, the attendees did NOT have the QR codes on their badges (not sure if the conference organizer chose not to do so) and this made it very inconvenience and annoying for attendees to provide the QR codes in their app. we lost alot of leads that way - so QR code on badges is ESSENTIAL!

Zaf

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2020

If you have Whova Conference is very easy and effective!

PROS

This app helped me a lot in the meeting. The best meeting app I've seen so far. I liked being able to easily create calendars, connect with people, scan business cards. It was VERY helpful to have photos of people also in the participants section. I managed to connect with many people with this simple plugin. Actually, I still use it to connect with people! Whova has significantly changed my experience at the conference and I will always strongly recommend this to anyone attending a conference.

CONS

I only think good things about this software, I haven't had a bad experience.

Kylie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Association of Migraine Disorders

PROS

The people in the chat are extremely quick to answer and provide directions. The platform is very easy to use. Our audience loved the app. Thanks for a successful event!

CONS

Since we are a non-profit and our event is sponsored it is critical that we have statistics to report to our sponsors. We have not requested the report generated from Whova yet. I hope we are able to see the number of total virtual attendees that attended the symposium rather than the number of attendees who viewed each presentation.

Richard

Textiles, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2023

I like the App

PROS

I can create my own agenda after viewing the conference agenda; Attendee list and profile are helpful that I can send them a private message. Facility floor map is helpful.

CONS

Conference organizers did not make announcement about the App and how should use the App.

jayson