Browse Apache NetBeans Reviews

Hasan from Khushhali Microfinance Bank Limited

Best IDE for Web, Desktop and Mobile Apps

It's been more than 3 years I am working on NetBeans and I am very satisfied. It helped me in developing multiple projects and especially integration with Ant, SVN, JEE servers and Maven. It is highly recommended to new developers.

Pros

NetBeans is very well organized in terms of code development and java web development. It works on different platforms like Windows and Linux. The best part of NetBeans is that it has visual web pack feature. It comes with a lot of useful features such as debugging, code completion, multiple programming language support, integration and plugins. It's integration is awesome with other tools. The best feature of this product is source control management like GitHub and other version control tools.

Cons

Sometimes NetBeans crash when used for a long period, which is frustrating. It does not come with any professional support but one can easily join different groups or take help from seniors or from different forums. While working on big projects it consumes a lot of memory space and slow down other system processes.

Reasons for Switching to Apache NetBeans

The main reason is that it is really difficult to integrate with other tools. It is little difficult to understand for new developers.

Václav from Šinda.cz

All you need IDE for web development

For the fact that it's open source and therefore for free, the quality of it is extremely good! For my need of development in classical combo HTML + CSS + JavaScript on front-end and PHP + MySQL on back-end it's a perfect solution that has served me for years without any major problems.

Pros

It has support for all commonly used languages in web development. Everything needed is available from the beginning without the need to get any extra plugins. Automatic code compilations are available in settings of each project, including CSS preprocessors and use of JavaScript modules so no other tools are needed. It has support for variety of frameworks, as well as testing tools, and has also it's own history tracking in git style which saves automatic snapshots each time you save a file.

Cons

Since it's an open source software, it's not perfect and it sometimes randomly freezes or crashes. Also because of the same reason the development of new features and updates are not as often as with other commercial software. Therefore it's not very practical for development with newer, fast changing technologies.

Reasons for Choosing Apache NetBeans

NetBeans was much easier to setup. Hackable editors always seemed to be unnecessary complicated where as here I have everything I need available right away as soon as I run it for the first time.

Rodrigo from Dapa Sistemas Ltda ME

It looks like an abandoned project

Years ago we traded Netbeans for Eclipse, and Eclipse for VS Code, but in 2020 we decided to test Netbeans again. In a few weeks of testing we noticed the same problems as always: it's slow, it's big, the screen and code editors don't seem to have evolved. It seems heavily still focused on older java, leaving plugin implementation for other languages a little out of place. We were definitely not productive and we couldn't believe that it would be worthwhile to have a project in the Netbeans format and trust it in the long run. The documentation is highly incomplete and appears to have been mostly generated by javadoc about programming comments. Often you don't find what you need.

Pros

It's free, manages the project in a more professional way, that is, it's more intuitive how you have files and folders inside a project, even if it hides or blocks some settings or accesses. You have a sense of the "whole" of the project better than some other similar tools. It has support for several plugins and does bring some productivity. It is still one of the few tools that have a reasonable form editor.

Cons

It's slow, big and old. The structure and look looks dated, it puts a lot of emphasis on java swing, the IDE's tools look the same as when it was still from Sun, and it practically smells musty. It's amazing how such a promising project looks like it's been ostracized, it just breathes and it's alive, but it doesn't evolve.

Reasons for Choosing Apache NetBeans

If it worked well for us, Netbeans would be an option for us to abandon paid tools, and in this time of pandemic that would be crucial for the economy. But even for free he made up for the time wasted trying to make things work right. And today, what you do on it won't always look the same on your client. The result is that it was a test, but it doesn't replace any of our other tools.

Good for developing webservices and JavaFX

It was a good choice for practicing how to develop JAVA but for daily use, I personally prefer using a lighter IDE.

Pros

It is a good IDE for developing JAVA. I used it for developing Webservices working with Apache Tomcat. I also developed software with JavaFX that has a very good UI supporting CSS. It is good for very beginners as it has a software package installer that does almost everything for you such as installing Tomcat and etc. Last but not least, it has access to all javaDocs of java editions that helps you use new functions and classes easily.

Cons

It was very slow from the initialization to runtime using. The auto-complete feature for suggesting functions and classes is as much slow as it limits our coding speed. Also, your PC or Laptop always feels running a heavy game during its runtime and I did not like it at all.

Tulga from Batu Digital

PHP Development with NetBeans

It is reliable and I used to it so I can be productive. I find it very handy when I working with big PHP frameworks. It gives me whole information about structure, creation, origin of the objects and classes. It is the best part of the IDE. NetBeans does this very good and fast.

Pros

From all other IDEs I prefer using NetBeans. People say it is old and legacy but I used to it, it does it's work good enough. Actually I use Netbeans when I work with PHP projects. So maybe it is good with the old languages not the quite new era languages or developments environments like Angular, React. I use many features of NetBeans like code completion, code templates, debugging, code upload via ftp etc. I also write HTML, Javascript codes too using NetBeans and it is pretty handy for me. I like to configure my IDE and editors my way, especially code templates and shortcuts so I can work productive.

Cons

NetBeans becomes slow sometimes when opening the projects because of it's indexing process. It frustrates me. But I face this kind of slowness even with the latest, best IDE IntelliJ too. IDEs are always huge and bunch of processes required to run in the background. So for small or front-end javascript projects I prefer to use editors like VSCode.

Reasons for Switching to Apache NetBeans

In early years of my software development career, I used Eclipse. But when I started using Netbeans I never came back.

Omar Eduardo from Accenture

Surpassed by the competition

Apache NetBeans is a good IDE, with good integration with Java. I would recommend it specifically to people that develop Java GUI applications with Swing. Its Swing integration is very intuitive, fully-featured and very reliable. Compared to Eclipse, working with Swing applications with NetBeans is a great option.

Pros

NetBeans is easy to use and install. I used it mainly on the Windows platform, and I used it mainly to develop Java software and Java GUI Applications with Swing. Compared to other tools on the market, I think NetBeans has the best Swing support of all the IDEs I have tried (Eclipse tools have more bugs, Visual Studio Code does not natively support them). Its debugging tools are easy to use and very functional.

Cons

NetBeans is usually slow to load and can be a resource hog. When working on my Mac laptop, battery drains quickly. I had many bugs using NetBeans v12 on Mac. I kept from updating to the newest version because I felt they were more stable for my workflow.

Reasons for Choosing Apache NetBeans

I did not choose Apache over the other tools.

Zala from solvansys software

Help in Fast code writing

this help us to manage the product easily and this allow to design fast for front end no need to write hard coding for the design this will automatically write code for design according to drag and drop featre

Pros

NetBeans is a ide that is currently idely used in industry That provide a best interface and auto suggestion for the method and class of langue that help to write a code fast that allow a auto alignment and auto complication of block .This also collapse a block that help to in easy to find a function that is written.this is provide drag and drop facility for design a page

Cons

not a much optimized that is working slow on less configure system as compare to sublime size of software is high compared with other text editor

Reasons for Choosing Apache NetBeans

in sublime project not easily manageable as comped to netbeans sublime not provide drag and drop facility

Ashley from Kainos

The perfect IDE for java and network development

A great introduction to IDEs and compilers letting me start my programming career in Java.

Pros

Netbeans gives me great syntax highlighting which really saves me time when it come to programming in java. It quickly highlights any errors and lets me correct them. You can also have free version for those unsure. This really let me try all the features before getting involved in the premium version.

Cons

Comparing net beans to some newer software IDEs can make it feel a little less customisable in terms of themes and feel. But if you don’t normally change your theme or colour scheme then this won’t worry you.

Reasons for Switching to Apache NetBeans

We wanted something a little different compared to eclipse and it could feel slow at times in comparison.

Good

Pros

The ease of creating programs with graphical interface.

Cons

Slowness and difficult to create bigger projects.

Reasons for Switching to Apache NetBeans

Because Eclipse it's better for bigger projects.

Eutimio from National University of Loja

A software design student's perspective on using netbeans.

After having used it for about 1 year, this tool is very intuitive and easy to use if you know the programming language, thanks to the ease of writing code and the help it provides at the time of doing the same.

Pros

Netbeans is a tool that allows software development in an easy and efficient way if you know well the programming language in which you are working. It includes plugins that fulfill its function of facilitating the use of the IDE.

Cons

Netbens has some problems when cleaning and debugging, as well as some problems with the installation of libraries that are not in the IDE.

Reasons for Switching to Apache NetBeans

Netbeans has more possibilities when developing software.

Corine from Johns Hopkins University

NetBeans is a Great IDE!

Overall, I have had a fairly positive experience with Apache Netbeans. I use this software daily, and it has been very helpful and useful for my studies. My course requires Netbeans and includes tutorials for Netbeans, so that's how I really learned how to use it and be comfortable using it. I think that it definitely could be updated in terms of appearance, but overall it is a really great IDE.

Pros

What I like most about Netbeans is that it has a lot of features, such as automatically creating JAR and WAR files, which I've really needed for class. It is also really easy to use SQL and databases, JDBC databases, and webforms/Servlets. It is really endless what you can use NetBeans for. Also, it shows errors and clues to fix the errors within a user's code.

Cons

What I don't love about this software is that it looks like a really dated IDE. I wish that it looked a little more modern. It also took me a little while before I became comfortable to use it and learned how the features work. I would recommend reading about how to use Netbeans as you are starting out.

Clive from Alliance Health

A good IDE for developers

A decent IDE platform which is good to use and very efficient in debugging

Pros

Its ease of use and its suitable for developers of different levels that is from amateurs to pros. It is relatively fast in loading

Cons

Too many configurations needed and the price is a bit high

Miroslav from Inphinity s.r.o.

Moving back to NetBeans

I first came into contact with NetBeans at work when I started programming in Java. After a few hours, I felt like a professional user. Later in school we had to program in IDEA from IntelliJ and there I felt lost. Nothing seemed intuitive to me after the transition from NetBeans and that's why I decided to do more JAVA programming in NetBeans.

Pros

- easy of use (suitable for beginning programmers) - intuitive - adding libraries - it's free! - multiple languages support - possibility of making graphic active windows

Cons

- slow start up - slow loading of larger files - old fashioned look - consumes lot of memory - occasionally freezing

Kevin from Arklight Development

My go to IDE

Since I began my journey, I have used many different IDEs but I always return to Netbeans. I love the simple straight forward design and the interface isn’t clutter. While it might not have all the bell and whistles of some of the newer IDEs it has always been consistent and stable for my use. I will say this that the IDE you use depends heavily on the first IDE you use when your learning to code. This can shape your entire experience. Even the operating system you start on can also affect your experience. I have been able to use Netbeans almost every whether it be Windows, Linux or OSX.

Pros

The bulk of the work I do involves Java programming and so, I have been using Netbeans for almost a decade. Its free and there are custom plugins adding new features. This means that I can use Netbeans to create my web applications as well. Netbeans is also the best IDE for creating software with GUIs. Testing, debugging and version control is simple and I can sync my projects with my Github account. I build most of my JavaFx applications using easy to integrate third party software. Wix and Inno Setup compatibility allows me to build my Jar applications into windows applications with installers. Netbeans also supports composer which allows me to access my PHP dependencies.

Cons

Netbeans is can be a bit slow. You will need a pc/laptop with a decent amount of resources to be able to speed up certain actions. Working with large GUI applications can cause slowdowns as the Netbeans can use quite a bit of Ram. Outside this there are no other downsides.

Stuart from RDM Group Ltd.

Reasonably good IDE

I have used NetBeans in the form of MPLAB X from Microchip. I find it to be a competent IDE with all the expected features, but let down by its Java-based nature causing sluggish performance and high memory consumption. When running on a a laptop on battery I find navigation laggy and compiling and debugging is far slower than usual. Overall a decent, well-though out IDE but there are better options for Java development (unfortunately for Microchip microcontrollers there is no choice).

Pros

Simple, logical layout and wide range of preferences for tweaking the UI to taste. Built in support for SVN makes it easy to see what has changed since previous versions of a file. Largely conforms to standard key bindings, GUI layout etc. making transition from other software relatively painless. Being able to have many projects loaded and quickly switch between is very convenient, although can be confusing as source file tabs are not visually distinguished between projects.

Cons

Startup time is slow and it takes little while to fully load open projects. CPU and RAM usage during normal operation is high. It often gets stuck running a background process which means it will not close down without nagging the user and giving a semi-scary data-loss warning (it is almost always OK). Real time code checking frequently fails leaving red or yellow underlining for non-existent (or fixed) problems. Seemingly-related is the intelligent code navigation (ctrl-clicking on variables and functions to jump to the declaration) which also fails at the same time. USB connection to debugging tools is also temperamental, often requiring either an unplug-replug of the tool or a restart of the IDE to fix.

Abdul Wahab from Softronic Systems

Good devlopment environment

My experience of using Apache NetBeans for PHP / MySQL development was good throughout except performance issues.

Pros

It is a good Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for Java, PHP and many other programming languages. Its syntax highlighter is pretty good. It is well in useful features. It is good in intellisense for supported programming languages. Its user interface for database is good. Its user interface for CSS is good and interactive. It is available for multiple operating systems like Windows, Linux and Mac OSX.

Cons

It has performance issues. The autocomplete feature for code suggestions loads very slowly. It feels like system is under pressure while running NetBeans.

Reasons for Switching to Apache NetBeans

For a complete development environment

shashank from Miracle Software Systems

Review on NetBeans.

As a basic Java developer, we work on a concept called Servlets in Java. In that servlets concept, we make use of apache tomcat tool. In the case of eclipse, we need to download some packages, deploy it in our eclipse IDE which adds on some extra work. But in Netbeans, tomcat support is readily avalible. If I want to create a web service, I need to make use of Glassfish Server. In Netbeans, Glassfish support is available without the need for external packages. I have tried to make use of Swing GUI where we can drag the components in a GUI Builder and the source code is designed automatically according to the components placed in GUI builder. Another important feature is auto-completion of code and a built-in SQL Editor. My overall experience working with Netbeans is so satisfying as it provides such good in-built features.

Pros

1) It is a free and open source IDE. 2) Inbuilt Integration of server applications like Tomcat and Glassfish. 3) Can run on operating systems like Windows, Mac, Linux. 4) We can import the project source code from global repositories like GitHub. 5) We can write the code in Multiple languages like Java, PHP, C, C++, JavaScript, HTML5. 6) Some other features like auto-completion of code, code optimization, search and replacement of code. 7) The Netbeans support is very good as they provide solutions for our queries within a short span of time with optimized solutions. 8) We can customize our own themes to make our GUI more interactive.

Cons

I did not find any flaws with this software.

Apache NetBeans Review from a RPA Developer Perspective

Been using this software for years and even with it slowness it has served me well. Used it to build multiple java based programs and my overall experience with this product is satisfying as it has very good in-built functionalities.

Pros

It has a simple and logical user interface with multiple range of UI preferences. It is a very good platform to build and learn Java based applications. Also transitioning from other developing IDE's to netbeans IDE is painless. One of the best features of this IDE is that it allows users to load multiple projects at the same time and switching between the projects is very easy.

Cons

First thing I dislike about this software is the amount of RAM that is required to run this IDE. The start up is pretty slow and tends to slower the machine it runs. It gets really slow when running with background operations. Specially when you compile and run programs it tends to get stuck.

Thushara from University of Moratuwa

One of the best IDE to java development!

Overall NetBeans is good IDE and it is very supportive.

Pros

NetBeans is free easy and efficient. It supports multiple languages. Available on multiple platform such as Linux, Mac, Windows. I do not have to install additional software or plugins to develop GUI since NetBeans comes with that ability. Has rich plugin library. It has real time debugging ability. NetBeans can suggest options and it perform selected options automatically for fix bugs.

Cons

It require lots of system resources. It takes too much time to compile and run heavy projects sometime becomes "not responding". It is better to add few new themes such as dark themes.

Reasons for Switching to Apache NetBeans

NetBeans has lots of features.

Great place to build desktop & web applications

As someone who codes in Java, I must say that Apache NetBeans made my life much easier. It is hard to find a software similar to this which is open source and contain all the features this has. Therefore, this is the best software out there which can be used to create stand-alone or web applications.

Pros

Apache NetBeans is the place where I build and run all my desktop and web applications. NetBeans has auto-completion feature which I like the most. It saves time and reduces errors. When I talk about errors I must say that NetBeans shows compilation errors during the execution in a manner that I can easily understand where I made mistakes. NetBeans comes with a lot short cut keys which saves my time and speeds up the coding process.

Cons

There is no minus point about Apache NetBeans. The only problem I have is that it takes some time to respond when I debug.

Go to app for programming

Overall, Apache NetBeans is my favorite IDE to use when programming as it makes coding fun and easy by giving suggestions to compete or even edit/fix code. It's smart enough to suggest a fix by pressing the suggestion once and having all of its suggestions fixed at once. It is free/easy to use and definitely worth the try if you have enough storage space to use it fully.

Pros

What I love about Apache's NetBeans is that it makes it easy to write simple or complex code using any programming language. The software is smart enough that off of one letter or word, it can help you auto complete what you may want to write. Say for example if you want to do a print line, if you write System it could auto complete to System.Out.Println("");. While this may sound annoying, it saves a lot of time when it comes to writing thousands of lines of code.

Cons

What I like least about NetBeans is that it can take awhile to load when your storage is low and takes up a good amount of space. Also, while the software has many advanced tools/functionality, it takes some learning and getting used to it before you can use it right away.

Sourav from Indradhanush Academy

Most reliable IDE, been using it for years

Pros

I have using this since my High School, College and University days. It is an awesome IDE which mainly runs Java but I use it actively for C++, C and sometimes even for interpreted languages like Php. It has a great interface which is easy to work with and is very stable. One of the perks of using this is that its and open source software so you do not really need to pay anything for using it.

Cons

It does tend to be a little slow and heavy to start up especially if you are running an older PC running a processor like Intel i3. But yes even on those machines once it starts up, you will notice no problems. Apart from that its an aweosme tool and there are absolutely no complaints.

Jordan from NXO France

Complete IDE

I was using Netbeans on a daily basis, for maintaining and coding for our internal frameworks and intranet / extranet platform. It was integrated with GIT features (pull, diff, conflict, etc).

Pros

Before switch to a more recent IDE, I used NetBeans in a daily basis. I was very found of several features like: - Integration with local PHP and documentation - All functions and classes can be found easily in a project - GIT integration (diff, conflict, etc) - Debugger included - Fully customizable

Cons

There is one main con with Netbeans : it's slowness. That is the main reason of whyy I have switched to used another IDE. It can takes several minutes to open a big project.

Apache Netbeans is a good to have IDE for a programmer

At the beginning I found difficult to write code and building projects with this, but later on I was pretty good to use this tool, it's not difficult as I thought in my early days. I used to write java codes with Netbeans IDE, and it provides many features that makes my coding exercise interesting, I like the content assist feature of this tool. Overall my experience with Apache Netbeans is awesome.

Cons

The easiest ,quickest and brilliant way to code

Almost all the functions are available at NetBeans. It is very much useful in web designing and programming. Now I have more than two years’ experience with NetBeans and I can highly recommend NetBeans for you.

Pros

NetBeans IDE is a very good coding option which is free and open source. I prefer NetBeans because it is the easiest and brilliant way to code that I’ve ever found. There is no big deal with downloading and installing NetBeans. It is platform independence also.( Can be installed on LINUX,Windows,OS X and UNIX based OS etc. ) At first I thought it was just a java IDE. But it is facilitate some other languages like PHP,C,C++,JS etc. Beginners for coding can learn easily through NetBeans as it is well organized. Using visual debugger, one can identify the errors in the program.

Cons

NetBeans IDE is just perfect. But here some issues I had with NetBeans, • It is uncomfortable to use some libraries in NetBeans. • Becomes slow when running many projects. • There are some paid versions of tools.

Great Development Tool but still something to do compared to other Development Tools

* Great tool but compared to Intellije I think there are still some thing to do

Pros

* It's easy to download. You can download and use it immediately. * Easy to learn. You can develop Java, PHP, Javascript and many applications by using that software. * There are also paid plugins but even free plugins are enough to make development.

Cons

* Some plugins are really necessary such like some Maven / Git plugins but somehow we need to pay to enabled them. * IDE freezes if it's a big project.I think Netbeans is not suitable for big projects.I always receive heap space exception and try to increase the heap space to fix that problem.

Everyday tool for the developer

I'm using Netbeans since at least 10 years, I could solve all my PHP web server development needs with it, except when dealing with mixed and more complex projects having client side Angular framework, when had to use a different IDE. Generally Netbeans is a good option for newcomers, too.

Pros

The ease of use, nothing too fancy, extensibility with plugins, configurable shortcuts, integration with build tools, package (dependency) managers, built-in terminal, navigator, debugger support... a full featured IDE.

Cons

Updates are rare, refactorings for PHP are not many, javascript framework support is weak (take angular for example - can't jump in source code to definition)

Brian from BN Solutions

Easy to use if compared to other Java editors

I would recommend this great application for all Java developers.

Pros

I've tested a lot of versions of IDE for Java such as Eclipse, JEdit, IntelliJ IDEA, NetBeans, etc. and NetBeans is the easiest application in terms of installation, usage, check-in, and check-out from source controls such as SVN. It is very easy to add new libraries and switch among different Java platforms. The IntelliSense in NetBeans is great for code assistance. And NetBeans is a free application for download.

Cons

NetBeans may require a lot of resources if you have many projects concurrently open. NetBeans Low on Memory is a very well known error.

Best way to get started with JAVA

great software, easy to use. Enough documentation to get started, but a user eventually need to learn on his own. If you have got all the required hardware and followed all the installation steps properly, You can create powerful applications.

Pros

I have been using Netbeans for years now and I absolutely love it! Netbeans and Eclipse are very popular software for JAVA development , but in Netbeans you can create the App UI by simply dragging and dropping UI elements on a form. This helps in creating better UIs and save a lot of development time.

Cons

Need high memory hardware to run fast. The software freeze sometimes completely when monitor is locked.

Petr from TopicPress

The only robust IDE for PHP that is free

NetBeans is probably the only IDE that has direct support for the most popular PHP framework in the Czech Republic - nette. That's why i love it.

Pros

It is open-source and multi-platform, running on both Windows and Linux. Version 10 supports PHP 7.3 and various frameworks, including Czech nette! Great integration of version control tools and a very clear comparison of code history changes. Support for a large number of syntaxes, intellisense and the ability to install all kinds of plugins. Localization of the environment into many languages, including Czech.

Cons

It's cumbersome, big, running under Java, so it needs more RAM.

Plamen from 3vSoft

Great Tool for PHP developement. JavaScript, HTML and most of other syntaxes works also great.

Great! I have tried number of tools (mainly for backend PHP work) in recent years, all of them had pros and cons. The NetBeans stays for me the most intuitive and reliable web development tool.

Pros

It's Free! LTS versions and relise schedule. Alows Settings export (restoration); Multiplatform - I use it mostly on Windows, but when had to install it on an Mac Mini - I meet same expirience.

Cons

Plugins availability has to be extended; Some of the availiable tools do not work smooth on windows (most of that is caused by the OS itself. on Mac OS, needed for them paths were easily for configuration)

Esra from V-Count

A user friendly IDE for applications

I enjoy developing applications using Netbeans. I used other IDEs but Netbeans is my favourite.

Pros

Apache Netbeans is very easy to use so it will be a good start for beginners. I still use it to develop web applications using PHP. It has Sass precompiler, Git and Svn support. I think the IDE is very user friendly. You can navigate through the project easily. Search is comprehensive so you can find easily whatever you are looking for in the project.

Cons

It requires a high performance machine to run it. Otherwise It slows down the operating system to the point that nothing responds.

Hassle free coding

I am using NetBeans since 2015 for my university work. I have never faced a single problem during this time period. NetBeans runs smoothly. I have noticed that some similar products used to heat my computer a lot. But when I started working on NetBeans this never happened to me.

Pros

Apache NetBeans provides an integrated platform that can be used to develop any kind of applications without going through a lot problems. One of the best features I find in Apache NetBeans is that it runs and deploys applications we create. This is very time saving and convenient.

Cons

I do not find any negative points about NetBeans.

Mayank from The Maverick Spirit

Amazing Software For PHP Developers

My overall experience with netbeans is very much amusing. It makes my life easier specially as a developer.

Pros

There are several reasons to like this software. Few of them are - 1. Integrated with multiple development tools like GIT. 2. Intellisense. 3. Auto-completion of code, Library function, add-ons 4. Local version controlling as well as remote version controlling.

Cons

The only con I feel about netbeans is that it takes a lot of time to load projects when launched. Plus it's a bit slow and eat a lot of physical memory of my laptop.

Arturo from Indra

Good for beginners

Overall is a nice free IDE for students or just ocassional coders. It won't be my main choice for hard developer work.

Pros

Well it has a friendly UI with all options nicely organised. The learning of this IDE is actually really simple and behaves just fine. It is mainly focused to Java, but you can use it with C++, PHP, Java, Python and some more languages, so as said, for beginners that want to avoid having an IDE for each language, it is just fine.

Cons

It will eat your RAM, and with some frameworks won't work properly. Personally I've experienced problems with Symfony for PHP and Django using the Python plugin. Sometimes I miss some feature, but can be workarounded with the console.

Mordecai from self employed

Apache NetBeans Review

It is a very good IDE which is easy to use and easy fix errors. I recommend it for all software and web applications.

Pros

* Good support for desktop, mobile and web applications. * Easy to use as it has a simple and nice interface. * It supports different operating systems. * It supports many frameworks * Good support for multi language such as Java, JavaScript, PHP, C++ * A very good debugger

Cons

* Large consumption of memory especially when working on big projects * At time slow during runtime

Good for Java Projects on All Operation Systems

We use it as primary IDE since years. If the language is Java, IDE will be Apache NetBeans for sure. Making updates are not a big deal.

Pros

First of all, it is totally free. It can be installed on Windows, Linux, Mac OSX. When you write a program, you can edit, compile and debug on any other operation systems. It's perfect feature. User interface is very easy to use. Support community is enough.

Cons

It has differences with regular netbeans. Help pages and tutorial pages are organized very badly. Finding a thing is very difficult.

Irfan from DatumSquare IT Services

One of the great IDE and a complete Development Environment Provider

It has been great. I would suggest everyone to use it for their development environment.

Pros

I used NetBeans for years and I used it for developing PHP Applications I would say it is one of the best and complete IDEs available for PHP Development. It is really easy to configure different tools like terminal, debugging etc.

Cons

I don't have many issues with using NetBeans but initial configuration can be difficult but once you have configured everything then you are good to go for years

Gourav N from Manufacturing

" Programming in any language can be done here "

Great using Netbeans as it is very user-friendly which really helps understanding and the software is very interacting. The inbuilt libraries help very much while coding.

Pros

1) Multiple programming language supporting software. 2) Have some shortcuts to complete java codes segment (System.out.println). 3) User Interface is very interactive and very easy to use.

Cons

1) The Backed-up data of all the codes cannot run properly on any other software. 2) I didn't find any other cons.

Satisfying IDE for JAVA, C++, PHP and Web development

I used this IDE a lot for my projects in the past. It was enough some time ago, but nowadays I would prefer to use VS code or JetBrains products. But still, it was real pleasure to have same IDE for Java, C++ and Web. However a lot of alternative tools have much more to offer.

Pros

Free Multiple languages support Great font for code Great tool for novice programmer Easy to use

Cons

Code completion problems - in bigger frameworks like Yii or Laravel - freezing Lot of bugs, sometimes too slow Tools integration, not so many plugins

Mohammed from Almac Group

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

An all-in-one tool for Java development

For a company that is developing Java applications, this is a fantastic open-source tool that developers can use to create all types of Java applications such as desktop apps and mobile apps. The drag and drop tool is great specially for users who are new to Java and/or Netbeans. For the individual user, they can configure Netbeans so that the relevant errors are highlighted, and the solutions are displayed by the IDE. This can benefit the development team and the business as a whole due to efficient work being done.

Pros

-Drag and drop feature for easy Java development (especially for newbies) -Can read many different file types such JavaScript and HTML files -Maven support -Works with various database technologies such as SQLite and MySQL -Automatic error fixing functionality -It is fully open source!

Cons

-The design is not the best, it is behind some other editors such as Visual Studio -It takes really long to startup, and is quite clunky overall. It takes up too much of the CPU and can lag frequently. Maybe this is due to too many features in this software -

Gianni from Information Technology

A non-basic IDE

Pros

This IDE is very direct at first, you create the project, set up the FTP connection and can upload your files directly to the server. It also has the debug functionality to test on local which is also good, but I've never tried that.

Cons

Too much of everything. Too much configurations, too much options. Ten minutes to disable an annoying option, is definetely too much.

Anthony from Blamotech

An easy to use IDE

I have had a great experience with this IDE, and continue to use it. I suggest you use it too.

Pros

This is a great free IDE which has great community support. It works great with WAMP on windows, and the debugger is easy to use. I've been using Netbeans for about 10 or more years.

Cons

I can only think of one con. It does not have a what you see what you get html editor to build your websites using a mouse.

NetBeans for teaching and learning JAVA

Overall netbeans is a good software tool for teaching and learning java with easy to understand GUI.

Pros

NetBeans have an easy to understand GUI for learning. If we need to add more extensions for gui customization it support that feature too. We can open multiple projects to the window and we can easily navigate with them using the navigation panel. Its very easy to complie the program and it has auto compilation too. If we need to find and replace something in the code netbeans have a good feature to easily replace the all items we need to replace at one time. Another feature I mostly like, it is available for almost all the popular operating systems. Other than java netbeans support more languages for using through it.

Cons

It take a little bit more time and the netbeans IDE cost more ram when using. Its better to add more themes built in such as a dark theme.

Lorna from Jade Canopy, LLC

Industry: Online Media

NetBeans IDE

Pros

For a beginner programmer, NetBeans IDE does provide guidance in the C Programming realm. With innovative syntax suggestions, color-coded code snippets, debugging hints, and errors made evident for programmers to immediately resolve, this platform does aide the novice programmer immensely, particularly by saving individuals time because they do not have to commence on a scavenger hunt to find errors or bugs.

Cons

There seems to be compatibility issues with Windows 10 and NetBeans. NetBeans will download, but functionality will suffer greatly and many tools will be unusable. Often, multiple installs must be performed. However, this platform does work fine with Windows 8.

An product development tool

It has been neutral. Not like i would recommend but neither anything negative.

Pros

This is almost similar to Eclipse IDE. I liked how it merged with various components like hibernate and lot of other financial tools.

Cons

There was an issue with our application not being stable. Our entire team faced this problem ultimately it was decided to get different framework altogether.

General purpose java dev tool

Basically it's a good tool for novice to medium experienced java devs, it includes everything a dev will need for starting a java project

Pros

- Matisse is the best swing GUI build tool in the market - Stability, robustness, and overall performance - Support Tomcat and GlassFish out of the box

Cons

- Need a pretty decent machine to run without sluggishness - Code Autocompletion needs tweaks

NetBeans For Java Learning and Developing

Overall NetBeans is a one of the best solution for java developing . NetBeans interface is easy to understand therefor it is a good choice for a beginner too.

Pros

First thing is that Apache NetBeans is a free software and it is available on Windows, Linux and Mac. So it is very convenient for students to use it. Netbeans also support multiple languages other than Java like PHP, C, C++, HTML and etc. Also we can add extension to customize the IDE as we wanted and add more supportive tools. When we need to create a GUI using Java it support GUI creating tool that helps a lot when creating them rather than creating GUI using codes. NetBeans have features like auto code completion, find and replace parts of the code and etc.

Cons

If it consume less resources and if it has ability to launch quickly NetBeans will be more popular. Default IDE is not very interesting.

Raul from Parlevel Systems

Great IDE for starters Developers

If you are starting (even for more masterized developers) it got everything you need for being on top of your projects.

Pros

Several sections for code navigation but also for methods navigation. Integration for Java, PHP, Javasccript, Ruby and more other programming languages. Integration with Apache.

Cons

It is hard to run test plugins and it cost a lot of RAM Memory.

Kalana from Self-employed

Best IDE for Coding

Overall It 's one of the best software IDE to develop the different kinds of software products very easy ,so highly recommend it with confidence!!!

Pros

Very easy to develop code with that IDE because when coding it will auto-generate the lot of coding parts so that developer time will be saved, I use it to create web applications mostly it 's the best environment to do such kind of things.

Cons

There are few things to mention, the user interface should be more user-friendly some time it processing time getting slow.