Browse Grin Reviews

Lior from ScopeLeads

Grin Has it all...

Grin was very easy to set up in use. Within weeks we had a few campaigns up and running and it’s something we use daily to find nee influencers to receive free product and promote our brand.

Pros

Ease of use to find and reach out to new influencers. Followup features. The influencers not being in a “network”.

Cons

The automation features. You can’t do things beyond one automatic welcome email to new campaign subscribers.

Reasons for Switching to Grin

Aspire was way too expensive and was limited to only the influencers that belonged to their network.

Response from Grin

Replied September 2020

Lior, Thank you for sharing your expereinece with GRIN. We're happy to hear that you're leveraging the discovery & recruitment tools, along with managing your entire campaign workflow in one place.

Mallory from SlumberPod

GRIN solves problems you don't even know you have!

We are saving so much time! We're no longer spending time tracking people down in Instagram, checking through our DMs to make sure someone shared and tagged us in a Story, searching through the explore page for new faces, etc. GRIN has allowed us to go from 15 different Google Forms and spreadsheets to having everything we need in one, intuitive interface. The data that GRIN provides has helped us narrow down the profile of our more successful influencers, and the influencer search tool then allows us to find lookalikes for that profile. GRIN has essentially removed the trial and error (and the time associated with trial and error!) from our influencer marketing.

Pros

We have been SO impressed with GRIN. We were starting to become overwhelmed managing our influencers by hand and it was difficult to keep track of where influencers were in the pipeline and who had met their responsibilities, etc. We switched to GRIN mainly for the ability to track, sort, and tag influencers, and we have been so pleasantly surprised by how many other problems GRIN has allowed us to solve. This platform truly streamlines every part of the influencer management process. I think our favorite feature is the reporting view which you can separate by campaign-- so much data!

Cons

There's not much that's missing in this platform! My only request is that the filter feature needs an option for "both/and," i.e. I want to be able to filter by a certain campaign AND a tag. Right now, if I input both fields into the Filter tool, the system shows me everyone in the campaign and also everyone with that tag. I'd like to be able to isolate from my list using two different filters at the same time so that I only see influencers who meet both criteria.

Reasons for Switching to Grin

We needed a better tool to have us track influencers' progress through our program.

Claire from GG

Has completely changed how we run Influencer campaigns and do PR!

It's great! Absolutely love it and would highly recommend it.

Pros

Grin has completely changed how we do PR and run influencer campaigns. It allows us to easily keep track of content, including IG stories! Not only that, we're also able to search for influencers and track everything from beginning to end!

Cons

It's loaded with features so you will definitely need a dedicated team member if you're trying to scale and use it to it's fullest potential. Plus it's a bit pricey but if you're serious about scaling, it's totally worth it.

Response from Grin

Replied January 2022

Thank you for your honest feedback Claire! Happy to hear that GRIN helps you keep track of content and search for influencers.

Danielle from HUSH BLANKETS INC

Grin Review

Great for organization.

Pros

CRM is great and it is nice to have all your influencers and prospects in one space. Very organized.

Cons

Needs to be updated. Doesn't show real time stats for IG followers etc.

Reasons for Switching to Grin

Our other software was not advanced enough for our needs.

Brian from Alabaster Co

It's great if you use Instagram influencers, not great for anything else

Overall, the influence has been okay. I wish there were more features built out. And you have to pay more for better features.

Pros

Grin does a great job at being an all in one for your influencer marketing needs. I like how you can discover new influencers, outreach to them, manage all the relationships, select products to ship out, analyze data, and pay them all on one platform.

Cons

This platform is only good for Grin. It becomes very limiting if working with youtube or tiktok influencers.

Reasons for Switching to Grin

There were too many influencers to just manage on Google Sheets

Carling from TKEES

Best Influencer Management Software available!

GRIN has allowed our company to develop its Influencer Marketing community with incredible ease!

Pros

Casting, Outreach, and Proposal execution within campaign management is extremely simplified, making it easy to scale campaign sizes as the company has continued to grow its influencer community

Cons

Some glitches with Instagram integration tool when used in excess

Reasons for Choosing Grin

User friendly platform, multiple cross-platform integrations (i.e shopify, gmail), excellent customer service

Olivia from Woolino

Can't imagine influencer marketing without GRIN!

Being a part of a small 8-person team, I manage our influencer marketing single handedly. I'm not sure I could do it all without GRIN — or else we would simply not be able to grow. Keeping track of hundreds of partnerships & email threads is almost impossible. With GRIN, each person I work with has their own profile, where I can see our past conversations, what campaigns they're involved in, what products I've sent, what tags or notes I gave them, and any addresses or custom properties I had filled in. I can quickly remember where I left off in a conversation, or what stage they're at in the partnership process. Without this, I would be incredibly overwhelmed. Things like email templates help to make my communication with hundreds of people more efficent for time management. GRIN gives me way more hands and allows one person to manage business with hundreds of people. I also LOVE my GRIN agent [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She is always available to answer my questions via email or meet up for a video chat. Whenever I am confused or need advise on how to grow, she gives great direction, and always passes along my suggestions to the GRIN team for new product updates.

Pros

There are so many great tools in GRIN, but one of my favorites is the ability to prepare campaigns that I can quickly send to new influencers to get the ball rolling for a partnership. I am able to set up all the rules and expectations for everyone in one place ahead of time, and keep track of who I've sent what to. On top of that, I'm able to prepare email templates to send in bulk, so I don't have to type out individual emails to each and every influencer.

Cons

One area I expected more out of was the influener search & filters. Maybe it's just our niche or picky expectations, but our expensive baby sleepwear brand is always looking for natural, organic seeking mamas, with beautiful babies and profiles to test out and promote our products. We have not found much success in using the filters in GRIN to find these specific influencers. However, I do enjoy being able to send a GRIN landing page to pretty much anyone I find to add them into the database. We work around it, and GRIN's product development team is always taking suggestions for new updates. Hoping it will only get better with time.

Reasons for Choosing Grin

We chose GRIN because of great reviews, Shopify integration, and seeing our competitors using GRIN.

Brittyn from RAD Innovation LLC

Great for Expanding your Reach!

Overall, Grin has been a gamechanger for our team and we are excited to watch it grow our reach on social media even more over the next few months.

Pros

This platform has been transformative in the way we are able to prospect, connect with, and onboard influencers around the world. It was easy to integrate and the support staff is incredible. As a very small business, we have been able to reach influencers we otherwise would not have been able to reach.

Cons

We really don't have any complaints. Anytime something seems to come up, their support staff takes care of the issue right away. We would say its a bit expensive for a small business like ourselves, but we see the value and make it work anyways.

Reasons for Switching to Grin

Leaddyno was limiting and not user-friendly. Their support staff was never prompt and we didn't feel like valued customers. Grin has been the complete opposite experience!

GRIN has opened so many doors for us!

Overall, we have loved working with GRIN. It is incredible software, run by a team of amazing people. Everyone that we have met through GRIN is very friendly and always willing to help if an issue occurs.

Pros

As someone who uses GRIN on a daily, I can say that I love every part of this software. My personal favorites are the recruiting sections and the overall organization of the program. GRIN has made it incredibly easy to find the perfect influencer and to create a seamless relationship with them! We never have to worry about someone falling through the cracks, or not getting the message. With GRIN on our side, our influencer program has grown and will continue to grow for many years to come!

Cons

The biggest issue we've had has been with some connections. Our influencers and ambassadors have had some problems with keeping their social channels connected. However, the GRIN support team is very responsive and is on top of any challenge thrown their way.

Reasons for Choosing Grin

We chose GRIN for many reasons, but one of the biggest ones was their reporting. It's amazing how much data they can pull for specific campaigns.

Lena from Pressed Juicery

Managing influencers is easy with Grin!

Pros

Grin makes managing multiple campaigns and numerous brand ambassadors easy. Between the content library and analytics, I feel good knowing everything is in one place!

Cons

Often times we work with multiple levels of influencers from micro to macro or celebrities. Sometimes the influencers want separate terms from the campaign and we are not able to create terms per influencers at this time.

Reasons for Switching to Grin

AspireIQ was missing qualities that we really wanted to have on the platform.

Response from Grin

Replied August 2020

Lena, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with GRIN!

Sabrina from Vera Bradley

Grin helped us scale our influencer program!

GRIN has allowed us to scale our Influencer program and keep outreach and management to one person, as opposed to bringing on extra headcount internally. GRIN has provided a lot of learnings on the behind the scenes metrics of an influencer's validity and audience information, which has been key in negotiating rates and deciding to work with someone or not!

Pros

The CRM behind the platform has been pivotal to store all of our influencer's information and keep a communication log of all the emails back and forth. The campaign section of the platform keeps everything super organized so you can run multiple campaigns seamlessly and simultaneously.

Cons

There are a couple features that just don't apply to our business, I wish we could swap out things like the content management section for the pro version of the dashboard.

Reasons for Choosing Grin

GRIN seemed more relationships forward, catered towards building true partnership between a brand and an influencer to work with the same bloggers time and time again, which ultimately should increase the ROI of the relationship.

Michelle from Manduka

We LOVE Grin!

Pros

The product is easy to use, easy to integrate into existing programs and is quite fun!

Cons

No cons - the team at Grin is so great to work with, whenever something comes up they work quickly to provide a solution.

Ian from CPGIO

A CRM for influencers that's organized and automatic

GRIN is really a combination of two really important things -- cross-platform influencer search and CRM. The search is helpful because a lot of other platforms have their own internal network of influencers to search through, which means that you're going through a smaller pool of candidates. GRIN searches all social networks no matter if the users have signed up for GRIN. And the CRM piece is critical. I've been able to set up a prospect pipeline, multiple campaigns, and the tracking is simple. Everything is organized and automatic.

Pros

GRIN's greatest quality is its organization. It's not just a platform to find influencers or keep track of them -- it's a full-on relationship manager that can track every detail of your process. I like that I can see every email to a prospect, I can customize the prospect pipeline, and I can easily track exactly where the relationship is at even after they become an influencer. It's also great that I can manage all of my influencer content in one spot as well as my payments. It's so helpful that GRIN can take care of the 1099s for my influencers at the end of the year and I just have a bill from GRIN. I also love how smoothly it integrates with my Shopify store.

Cons

A downside is that I have issues with influencers connecting on the platform about 20% of the time -- either they have an IG account but not a FB account, or they used their desktop to connect their IG and the connection is more easily made on mobile. It's the only part of the process that can rocky, and I wish it were smoother. With that said, once everything is set up, it works really well.

Chelsea from KetoKrate

Without Grin, I'd need at least 2 more people to run our Influencer Program.

Grin makes it so much easier to do my job. Without the automation, recruiting, reporting, and many analysis tools, I would not be able to do this role alone. We'd need at least a team of 2 or 3 people to accomplish what I'm able to do in a day using Grin. I am amazed at the constant upgrades to the platform that come at no cost to the user and they are always taking feedback and implementing it where they can with new updates. I also knew nothing about Influencer Marketing when I started this role and not only did Grin provide great resources to learn the software but they also provided 1x1 training on how to use it and many resources on how to excel at influencer marketing as well.

Pros

The integration with shopify and reporting tools. Being able to create discount codes and affiliate links with the click of a button saves so much time and it's incredibly simple to track performance over a large number of influencers. The new reporting tools makes it so I can get really granular with performance on an individual level which helps me determine which influencers to really hone in on and develop even stronger relationships. It makes it really simple to track ROI and IMV to show the value of our Influencer program to leadership. Using the chrome extension to import influencers and their emails has made it super efficient to reach out to tons of influencers using automated email sequences. Instead of having to DM people and potentially never have my message read, my email is going straight to them and helps to recruit people efficiently. The different dashboards are also really helpful since you can get a really high level view of how a campaign is performing and then you can get more granular now with the report builder feature to pin point weak areas and strong areas in your network.

Cons

Sometimes there a hiccups in tracking conversions but the Grin support response time is unbelievably quick and they are always eager to hop on zoom to talk through the issue and provide updates while they fix problems as well.

Reasons for Switching to Grin

We needed a more robust tool to get more out of the program and have a less manual / spread sheet approach.

Gabriel from CUTS Clothing

GRIN - Overall Experience - Highly Recommend

Overall experience - Highly recommend, cannot emphasize that enough! Problems - I am solving with this product include: keeping a record of all influencers, knowing what steps they are at in the campaign, keeping track of who is posting/who isn’t, which posts/stories are getting the most engagements, communication between influencers with us via email/alerts, staying organized using [tags, statuses, etc]. Benefits - I have realized: how essential it is to keep everything organized as the campaigns/programs grow even with multiple brands within GRIN. Being able to keep the brands separated, influencer groups separated, etc. is was very essential to helping me and the team find specific influencers for each campaign, which posts are performing the best, and reporting the data to managers and leadership.

Pros

One of the top qualities I really like about GRIN is how quick it is to learn. Starting off with little to no experience with influencer marketing platforms - I can definitely say within a couple weeks to a month I was able to feel very comfortable and confident when showing others/new team members on a walk through of how the system is used. Another quality which I really like how it allows both me and the team to keep over hundreds of influencers [even thousands] organized and in one platform for all posts, forms of communication [via email], and saves data from current to past partnerships/collaborations. In addition, being able to communicate with all influencers at once via email/alerts and respond to these influencers within GRIN is very helpful in keeping everything in one place.

Cons

There really isn’t anything to dislike about GRIN. I think the only issue was sometimes there were some Instagram connection issues (but that is typically an issue with Instagram itself) or even maybe post here or there wouldn’t get picked up by the system, but GRIN has a really great customer service/team to help with any issues, using this system with different companies, I had great help from both teams that assist with their respective companies. They are always checking in, making time to jump on call, and answer any questions I have as well as looking to keep improving the already great system.

LAUREN from Organifi

Organifi Grin Review

It's been amazing to really scale our ambassador and influencer program. Reporting KPI numbers has been great. Our customer support from Grin has been excellent as well!

Pros

It was easy to implement and scale our influencer/ambassador program. It's a great to see everything in one spot. I love the campaign details, and ease of functionality to manage each influencer. I love the "search" and how detailed it is to search for specific influencers with the filter feature. It's been so helpful to toggle in each campaign between influencers/proposals/fullfilment/reporting/payments. We've been able to scale quickly with email sequences and templates. The notifications is great to filter out conversions in real time, to watch our program become and continue to be successful!

Cons

Paying offline to influencers has proven many disadvantages and difficulties. Not being able to see what orders were voided or refunded. The amount "paid" to the influencer did not match the amount we paid offline. Influencers not being able to see an email associated with who purchased using their link or code. Product costs not "saving". Syncing has never automatically updated. I have to resync and refresh multiple times throughout the day. Providing more insight for the influencers, such as the order, order amount, commission and email associated with the order .

Reasons for Switching to Grin

It didn't have all the awesome features that Grin has! It was very expensive. Not user friendly

Response from Grin

Replied April 2020

Lauren, Thank you for sharing your experience with GRIN. We are excited to see your program grow so successfully using the tools within GRIN. And I will be sure to take your feedback regarding payments to the product team.

Danielle from MVMT

GRIN is the most advance platform available for influencer marketing

Pros

I have been working in this field for almost two years now and have used a few other influencer platforms and I can honestly say that no other platforms compares to the capabilities of GRIN. From influencer recruitment, managing campaigns, shipping product, to analyzing data and performance - GRIN has it all! Before GRIN, I usually preferred to manage outreach with influencers via email so that my messages didn't come across as robotic and I was able to personalize each message to each influencer. This made it very difficult to manage where I was at with influencers and took a lot of time away from other tasks. With GRIN, I love that you can customize emails so that it still feels personal to each influencer, but you can reach out at much larger scale. This has not only sped up the process of our partnerships, but has boosted productivity across our team and has allowed us to manage hundreds of partnerships/ campaigns at once. Another thing that I love about GRIN is how willing the team is to help. Influencer marketing is an ever changing industry and often times it is hard for platforms to keep up. Anytime our team comes up with a suggestion on ways for which the platform could be modified, the team at GRIN is always willing to hear feedback and actually takes action on making improvements. In addition, anytime there is a glitch on the platform, they are so quick to jump in and try and fix the problem! They truly want the best for their clients!

Cons

Like any other platform that you use, there are going to be some glitches from time to time. GRIN has their fair share of small glitches that come up, but as I mentioned their team is extremely quick on fixing any that arise.

Response from Grin

Replied March 2020

Danielle, Thank you for sharing your GRIN experience. We strive to help teams be productive and run a smooth influencer marketing program. It's great to hear that using the tool has helped your team boost productivity and scale your program while allowing you to personalize your outreach to influencers.

Ethan from MVMT

Grin is the linchpin that scaled our influencer program to new heights.

When it comes to influencer marketing...the team over at Grin just gets it. The fundamental workflow of the platform was thoughtfully designed and built from both the brand and influencer side. They have been extremely attentive to our program's needs and requests, but all in all, they're just all-around good people.

Pros

I'm often asked by fellow marketers at DTC ecomm brands "what features or capabilities I like 'most' about Grin." The short answer: there is no "one" thing. I give the same answer every time. Influencer marketing (as a whole) demands the successful balance and execution of a wide set of responsibilities - more so than any other marketing channel I've managed. You're dealing with real people. Actual human-to-human relationships and conversations that a computer can not do. You're fulfilling a considerable amount orders to individuals PRIOR to any promotion taking place. You're campaign and influencer deliverables can vary significantly so exceptional attention to detail and process implementation is a necessity. You're working in an ecosystem with multiple environments (Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, etc.) - all of which have their own respective nuances that dictate how you manage influencers, structure campaigns, ensure media compliance and ultimately drive conversions. Not to mention, all of those sparkly engagement KPIs every one desires, well those are guarded behind the very core of what influencer marketing is built on: social media networks. Getting access to these metrics can be a hassle if you're not equipped with the proper tool set or knowledge of what to look for. So, my favorite part about Grin? The other short answer: It takes everything above and packages it into one refreshingly comprehensive toolset that streamlines influencer marketing.

Cons

Of course, nothing is ever perfect, and neither is Grin. There have been minor usability issues I have run into throughout my time using the platform - none of which have been anywhere close to 'mission critical.' The only aspect that could use an update is the reporting visualization component. All of your high-level data is there to see, but it could use a little bit more freedom with manipulation. However, a simple 'Export' of the raw data from Grin gives you everything you'd need to see - just fire up Excel and whip up some pivot tables and graphs.

Carolina from 310 Nutrition

Easiest CRM platform to use - great integration with Shopify

Automating the creation of discount codes, affiliate links, shipping product, tracking posts and tracking sales is what makes Grin such a dream to work with. And, as I mentioned previously, the Grin Chrome extension was a total game changer -- it increased the speed at which our team could find, evaluate and add influencers into the database. The platform makes is really easy to manage and track thousands of prospective and active influencers, track email communication, and track all aspects by each in-house person that manages influencers (we have several people using the system). I am not a technical, database-savvy person, and I find Grin really easy to use. Very easy for any non-technical person to use.

Pros

Since Grin integrates so well with Shopify, Grin makes it exceptionally easy to create discount codes and affiliate links for influencers as well as shipping free product. Each of these is done with a simple click of a button and can be done en masse for multiple influencers. Grin is super intuitive and such an easy to use CRM platform. Also, the team at Grin is fantastic! They are really knowledgeable and helpful, and if there are features or tweaks that would make your life easier, they have been willing to put it on the product roadmap and deliver it in a fairly timely manner. And then there's the Grin Chrome extension! Makes it so easy to import potential influencers from Instagram directly into the platform. This extension provides stats (like engagement rate, avg likes and comments per post) so that you don't have to eyeball it or calculate.

Cons

The only area that could use a bit of improvement is in the reporting and report exports. The dashboards in the platform itself are good, but could be more flexible/robust. The exports contain a fair amount of information but still not flexible/robust enough to be able to slice and dice the data as much as we would like. However, they are really receptive to feedback and making improvements. They have already made a few tweaks that we requested.

Madison from Sheertex

Industry: Textiles

Game-changing platform with a team that cares!

Recruitment, Outreach, Organization, and Data Analysis were our biggest problem areas solved by GRIN. Whether we're grouping creators by tags, sending out automated email sequences, tracking performance by campaign, or reporting on the program, GRIN has been a massive time saver and efficiency booster in all regards. We've realized GRIN solves the need for manual and time-consuming work which frees up our day and allows us to focus on the big-picture decisions. With GRIN, we're able to work with more creators, report on the performance of all creators we work in an organized manner with and pull out insights that would take hours on hours to if we weren't using the platform.

Pros

GRIN's Report Builder allows us to view the performance of our program in one unified dashboard while also cherry-picking the information we need to make data-driven decisions as we scale. Diving deep into specific metrics is necessary for us to remain on track for our goals and objectives and this tool gives us the ability to review accurate and crucial details about each influencer to give us an idea of where our program is and what we need to do to get it to the next level. We also love the Creator Search tool which has cut our recruiting time down drastically. It's allowed us to find creators we wouldn't have otherwise considered but are ultimately an amazing fit. The ability to run a lookalike search has given us the capability to find creators similar to top-performers so we can duplicate successful campaigns with multiple creators. The audience reports complement the search tool perfectly, as it confirms or denies preconceived perceptions on creators by backing up real demographic data.

Cons

We'd love to see the search results for Youtube and TikTok expanded to a more robust list of creators. We'd also like to see more options for link and code grouping and tracking.

Victoria from Frenchie Bulldog LLC

GRIN is an absolute LIFE SAVER- My time has freed up significantly!

The biggest issue we solved right off the bat is having the rights to the content our ambassador team cultivated for us. Using the Influencer Content section in the software makes it easy for me to download content needed to run ads, post on our social media channels, and update our lifestyle photos for the website! We are also looking to branch out to our international customers and being able to easily search for profiles that meet our requirements is incredibly fun and easy! I also can't say enough about the attention to detail of their support team! I was assigned [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I felt like she was able to set me up for success! Really took to the time to problem solve with me, show me the ropes, and has been such a pleasure to work with.

Pros

I spent too much time in the past organizing my team of ambassadors using a google sheet. Sending each profile a DM, SMS, or email on the upcoming launch and new products coming their way. Communication was all over the place and not on one platform. Hours spent building orders for shopify are now a BREEZE since the ambassador does the work and picks exactly what they want. Even their personal information is up to date- no more packages going to an old address! I love that I have only skimmed the surface of what this software can do and there are still SO many features I haven't utilized. Knowing I have the support of this software I can grow our influencer marketing with the satisfaction it will be done with ease and a killer support staff just an email away!

Cons

Really wish there was a feature to better instruct my ambassadors on how to connect to the software. A step by step video going over what they can expect and how to problem solve if they run into an issue. I feel like this is something they are currently are working on and I can't wait to utilize this resource!

Reasons for Choosing Grin

I chose GRIN over the others as soon as I saw what this software was capable of. The fact that just by a glance I could see my time on influencer marketing cut in half I was sold! As soon as they mentioned my orders were automatically created and pushed to our Shopify system I was ready to put the pen to paper!

Response from Grin

Replied July 2020

Thank you Victoria!

Jordan from CUTS Clothing

All-Around Excellent Software

My overall experience is great and only getting better. GRIN is always keeping record of our team’s recommendations which allows the system to be even more custom to help us in multiples ways! Long story short, GRIN is essential and I highly recommend it if you and/or a team are working with influencers, ambassadors, etc!

Pros

What I like most about GRIN is how well organized it keeps all influencers, brand ambassadors, etc on multiple social media platforms. As someone who works with multiple influencers on a daily basis it is essential to have GRIN as it keeps everything up to date with influencer postings on IG, Youtube, FB, etc. In addition, an amazing quality GRIN includes is custom tagging, properties, etc! These are great for when having multiple team members in working in the same GRIN company account. For instance, I work with all athletes, while my team member works with all lifestyle, being able to organize the two using tags and/or custom properties such as “Athlete, Content Creator, etc.” without jumping into/mixing up each others projects. So definitely my favorite quality is the organized set up GRIN creates. Next, GRIN also helps with keeping track on which social media platform each influencers focuses on. For example, one of my influencers is IG focused while another is focused on creating Youtube videos.. GRIN allows me to keep track of each influencers top social media platform!

Cons

There really isn’t anything to dislike about GRIN, but if I had to think.. the only issue was sometimes there were some Instagram connection issues (but that is typically an issue with IG itself) or even maybe post here or there wouldn’t get picked up by the system, but GRIN is so simple that I can easily create their profile for them and send them a link to finish creating the profile (really quick and very simple)! Then for rare occasional post that doesn’t get picked up, it’s just a quick copy and paste of the IG post link to their account. Nothing major at all and even with the minor, occasional issues the GRIN customer service is always available and ready to help in anyway they can!

Love GRIN for ease of use // One stop shop

My overall experience is extremely positive. They have the best customer support team who helps me every step of the way

Pros

Love the shopify integration. i also love all the data and reporting. It is very easy to find and contact new influencers using grin! I think that the program is super turn key. It allows for growth and the CRM management is amazing! I love the ability to do a "lookalike" feature and mimic an influencer to find hundreds more. GRIN has made my influencer management truly amazing. I am able to scale quickly as well as make sure that we are collecting data along the way.

Cons

Everything is super user friendly. I sometimes wish there were more data points in other platforms outside of Instagram! Appreciate that they work with their customers to ensure success.

email integration!

Response from Grin

Replied April 2020

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with GRIN!

Claire from Advancement Courses, a Wiley brand

GRIN offers everything you need for influencer marketing management!

I've loved my experience with using the GRIN platform. As someone who handles influencer marketing exclusively for their team, it can be a lot to manage. But GRIN makes it super easy and simple to handle. GRIN has something for every step of the way, from influencer search functions to campaign management, email templates and much more. My favorite thing about GRIN is the ability to organize specific influencer campaigns and pull in analytics automatically on how influencer content performs (no more saving screenshots or spreadsheets on my computer). My rep is also extremely helpful, as are the tech troubleshooters who help me very quickly when I run into issues.

Pros

I love that with GRIN I'm able to track the success of our influencer partnerships all in one place. Because the data can be pulled in automatically from influencers' social posts, it saves me so much time and energy by being able to look at the data in real-time. Another huge benefit has been the search function. Previously, I would have to look up influencers on Instagram manually, review their posts, and do a lot of predicting of engagement. But GRIN takes out the guess-work and manual labor by scanning the influencers' page and showing you all the information you need to know (followers, average likes, engagement rates, even email addresses!). Both of these aspects have been huge in solving my dilemma of being a one-person team managing multiple partnerships.

Cons

I don't really dislike much about the GRIN platform. My biggest issue has been learning how to get influencers' Instagram accounts connected and authorized. There was some troubleshooting that had to happen for me to learn the best way to set up my campaign pages, but the team at GRIN is always super helpful and willing to work with you to make improvements/solve tech issues.

Response from Grin

Replied July 2020

Thank you so much for sharing your experience Claire!

Dwayne from Schell Games

Industry: Computer Games

Grin is a great solution for the Do-it-Yourself- Campaign Manager

The biggest solution that Grin offers is that it is a one-stop-shop: -content creator discovery -influencer relationship management -campaign management and fulfillment -Payment -Campaign Tracking and Influencer Media Value (media equivalency)

Pros

I enjoy the flexibility of the campaign management, the seamless email sequences you're able to run, the ability to pay content creators through the system, and its discovery function.

Cons

I can always ask for more! I wish there was a mobile app to manage the content creator program on the phone; and I wish there was a game key repository I could upload keys to and then use a script to call each key by using a particular variable I create within my dashboard.

Offerings, Cost, and Customer Service

Reasons for Switching to Grin

To bring everything into one program.

Greg from Nutrabolt

Hands down the best platform we've used

Our experience has been fantastic - and the platform is helping us to drive a huge number of initiatives Maximizing our time and reach in our right-to-win and must-win communities. Driving social followers to our brand handles Executing tiered campaigns to multiple layers of influencers Shopify integrated is a life saver from a fulfillment perspective Automation of inbound/outbound communication Effective vetting of applicant content & culture

Pros

Personally - I love the Grin interface, the capabilities, the reporting, and the SUPPORT TEAM. Coming in as an outsider to the influencer marketing realm, this platform and the team have been game changers for our business. Most importantly, the tools which the interface provides allows my team to automate what we can, so that we can spend our time going deep with our influencers and making their experience an incredible one.

Cons

We're excited to see some functionalities come to life with regards to email 'send as' options, and more creative options on Grin-hosted landing pages. Both of these capabilities are currently in dev, and we're excited to implement when they go live.

Reasons for Switching to Grin

Own the process. Maximize spend per influencer. Infuse our culture into the program & users.

Lydia from nutpods

Trying to scale your program? This is the software for you!

My overall experience has been phenomenal. Beyond the capabilities of the software, the team has been great. They are very receptive to suggestions or features you want and have a relatively low turn around time for new features.

Pros

Through GRIN's automated features and management software I was able to save time, make educated decisions and scale my program. Previously I was capped at 200 influencers and since using GRIN I have been able to push beyond that threshold.

Cons

The reporting features of GRIN have room for improvement. The way they calculate some metrics I do not necessarily agree with. Also, I wished there were more customization features when it came to their report builder. However, I am working with their team to improve these features.

Reasons for Choosing Grin

Aspire IQ at the end of the day was too expensive and I felt like the team at GRIN would be more receptive to any product feature requests / strategy questions I had.

Reasons for Switching to Grin

I switched from Meltwater because they did not offer the all inclusive solutions I was looking for, for my specific use case. I needed an influencer management software, affiliate marketing software and integration with Shopify.

Daniel from 310 Nutrition

GRIN Review

Pleasure to work with and ask questions. Super transparent, which is great as we look forward to a long-term relationship with GRIN.

Pros

The customer support is amazing. They make an effort to accommodate feature requests and they give as much visibility into their roadmap as they can. Ask GRIN for a demo and see if it works for your company/program. They are constantly trying to improve the platform and it's made to fit program needs- whether that's for micro or for macro influencers.

Cons

Not entirely a con- but they do have a little bit of work to do when it comes to some of the things that streamline data exports as we have a number of team members that access GRIN daily.

Reasons for Choosing Grin

We have many coordinators working to outreach to influencers, Aspire looks great but pricing per user was a dealbreaker for us.

Response from Grin

Replied October 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience Daniel!

Audrey from Lume Cube

Great Influencer Marketing Tool

Pros

GRIN allows you to house all influencer campaigns and activations in one place. It is a simple solution to working with influencers of all sizes and across multiple campaigns in order to reach one revenue goal. It is easy to track your budget, send influencers gear, see their conversions and traffic, and monitor their deliverables. It is also great for discovering new influencers and seeing the possibilities in different campaigns.

Cons

GRIN is a software that does take some time to understand and implement. There are tons of small features that when used effectively give you the end result you are looking for. But, you need to set up all those features and know-how to tie them all together. The software does make it easy for the brand to work with Influencers but it can sometimes not be as user-friendly to the Influencer. They seem to have a hard time understanding where everything is and how they can make sure all the deliverables are done.

Response from Grin

Replied March 2020

Audrey, Thank you for sharing your GRIN experience. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely take your insights on how we can improve back to our product team.

Anya from Native Pet

GRIN helped us launch and scale our influencer program to 150+ creators

Pros

When we got started with GRIN, our influencer program was non-existent and, frankly, we didn't have a strong idea in place for developing it. The educational resources GRIN provided (video content and seminars) immediately helped us to kickstart our program and were critical in both the launch and growth of our program. Even more helpful was GRIN's software, which allowed us to easily discover influencers, conduct outreach, define clear expectations when onboarding creators to our program, track performance and attribute revenue, and build a strong relationship with every partner. 10 months later, and we are working with 150 active influencers, who assist with our product launches and continuously promote their favorite products. There is certainly a learning curve using GRIN's platform, but our account manager is exceptional and has always responded to every question within an hour. Overall, we couldn't recommend GRIN enough!

Cons

Our only dislike of GRIN's software is the payments system. Being that we are running 30+ campaigns at a given time, it's extremely cumbersome to go into each campaign and pay our influencers. We could really benefit from a central payments system.

Maddi from Parachute

GRIN has exponentially scaled our program

We have been able to develop uniform partnerships and mass management of influencer relationships, while maintaining personal communication with our partners. We have greatly reduced the amount of time that placing influencer orders used to take thanks to Grin’s integration with Shopify.

Pros

Being able to house and organize all of our influencers in one place has streamlined our process and enabled us to more than double the amount of people we work with each month. I like that GRIN is very much what you make of it. We have also found GRIN helpful in managing our incoming content which we then repurpose across channels. Increasing our # of partnerships and having greater access to the content has earned us increased revenue on our website where we distribute this content.

Cons

We sometimes struggle with organizing our campaigns and reporting uncertainties however the Grin Support team is one of the most responsive, knowledgeable and friendly I have ever worked with. You can tell they are excited to hear about opportunities to change, and they regularly take our feedback into account.

Response from Grin

Replied April 2020

Maddi, Thank you so much for sharing your GRIN experience. We will be sure to pass along the kudos to our amazing GRIN support team.

Colleen from Home Chef

Colleen Kelly-Influencer Marketing Associate at Home Chef

Overall, my team and I love using Grin. We plan to use Grin into 2020 and hopefully, beyond!

Pros

I love the ease of use--we are able to set up campaigns easily with Grin and pay them easily. This software makes working with micro-influencers easy and efficient. I also love the search feature. I have found some great influencer partners by utilizing Grin's lookalike function and use this feature daily when sourcing new influencers.

Cons

I wish the application was a bit more intuitive for influencers--many have questions on how to link their PayPal as it is not very clear.

Reasons for Switching to Grin

We needed a platform for easier payments. Grin proved to be more efficient for us.

Response from Grin

Replied December 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Rachel from Dreamland Baby

BEST way to scale revenue through influencer marketing

Grin has been amazing in starting our Influencer program. I've worked in influencer marketing for 8 years, and it would also be amazing for people who have established programs, but want easier way to run it. (reach out, tracking, payment) It makes everything easier and more streamlined. I forgot about payments in my previous section, but it makes being able to pay a large number of influencers so much easier and collects all the right documentation. Doing large campaigns with BIG revenue goals was awesome! We've worked with people all year, were able to reach out to them, and get them signed up to promote again for Black Friday. Grin has also been great for one off marketing needs. Example, we need 10 video for ads. We can reach out to a bunch of people and set up the partnership really easily.

Pros

This allows us to find people to work that can help us increase the revenue of the program each month

Cons

We are starting to work with people on TikTok and finding creators on Tik Tok isn't as easy

Reasons for Choosing Grin

We were referred to by a friend and it has been amazing for us!

Response from Grin

Replied November 2021

Thank you for the honest feedback. It's always great to hear from someone who has been at influencer marketing for so long find the true value out of a creator management platform like GRIN.

Rihana from MTN OPS

Ambassador Management

The people at GRIN are super helpful, and have been great to work with. The platform has changed the way I manage ambassadors for the best.

Pros

This platform is super great to use for my personal KPI's, and the impact that my ambassador team has on revenue for our business

Cons

The only thing that I don't like is at this time (although I think they are working on it) I would like to be able to organize my ambassador campaigns, hide old ones, and have them in an order that I choose

Reasons for Choosing Grin

for the Shopify integration and ability to send products through the platform to ambassadors

Response from Grin

Replied October 2019

Rihana, Thank you so much for sharing your GRIN experience.

Melody from Babe Lash

Industry: Cosmetics

Amazing Support

Easier to scale. Campaigns much easier to execute and manage. Time saved in individual communications. Reporting was accurate and robust.

Pros

Automated messaging, integration with Shopify, and the content library. The library captures campaigns and user generated content. GRIN also helps to identify unique opportunities, such as influential customers. The GRIN team truly listens and is very responsive to feedback. The number of improvements made to the program within the time we used it is really impressive.

Cons

The onboarding process was very cumbersome. For full transparency, we opted for the self-guided onboarding, but found that the processes were different than anticipated from the demo. Support was especially helpful, but this did set us back weeks. While automated payment is an option, it did not align with our operational processes. This is not necessarily a reflection on GRIN, but was a con for our personal experience.

Response from Grin

Replied May 2020

Melody, Thank you for sharing your experience with GRIN! We will be sure to share the positive notes to our support team.

Brooke from MVMT

Amazing platform!

Pros

GRIN is an incredible tool that helps me stay organized and manage a high volume of influencers on a daily basis. It also allows me to easily upload hundreds of weekly leads for our team to review and outreach. Since day one I have been impressed by this easy to use software. GRIN has helped me to streamline many of my processes so I can focus on what is important. They are constantly making updates and my recent favorite has been the new partnership tab that helps keep track of deliverables. I can't recommend this platform enough!

Cons

There are glitches from time to time, BUT the GRIN team is always on top of it. As soon as I notify them of any issue I am having, they immediately look into it, and usually solve the problem by the end of the day.

Response from Grin

Replied August 2019

Brooke, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with GRIN.

Christine from Age of Learning

GRIN is an essential resource for planning and executing influencer campaigns!

My team's experience with GRIN has been great! The GRIN support team and engineers are SO helpful and work so quickly to resolve any and every issue we mention! I am very satisfied with the service and attention we have received! Kudos to everyone at GRIN, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who has made our experience so amazing!

Pros

GRIN helps my team plan and execute monthly microinfluencer campaigns with ease, reduction in work time, and on a timely basis! Anyone from the team who logs in can see what stage of the campaign each influencer is in, in real time. Also because the inbox is shared, email communications are available for all teammates, so even if someone is out of office, another associate can cover for them.

Cons

Every feature is great! The one thing I'd improve is the email feature. It has a delay, and it would be helpful to be able to organize/store the emails as we do with Outlook.

Gia from RoseSkinCo

Grin just gets better and better!

The best influencer platform!

Pros

Ease of use, response time of IT team, influencer reporting and metrics.

Cons

The price, reports aren't updated every time you select one.

Reasons for Switching to Grin

Dovetale was really antiquated.

Response from Grin

Replied November 2021

Thank you for the honest feedback Gia! We understand that there is always room for improvement and welcome your thoughts. Feel free to contact the product team directly at product@grin.co to share your ideas.

Rebekah from Cheers Health, Inc.

Great Software for Keeping Everything in One Place!

We have been able to reach out to so many more influencers than we were able to before. Also, we have been able to keep track of how many emails we have sent people in each stage of the process, how many kits we have sent, etc. We wanted to be able to specifically track and have reports on everything we do, and we have been able to with GRIN.

Pros

The best part about this software is that every piece of the process, from finding high quality influencers to viewing their posted content, is in this one place. It was very easy to learn the start to finish process and GRIN allowed us to customize the campaigns in a way that made the most sense for our needs. Our GRIN rep has always been very helpful by quickly answering any of our questions with informative tutorials.

Cons

I would like it if the inbox feature had a different layout. The filter that allows you to see unread emails is helpful, but I wish there was a way to just have our sent emails in the sent section, rather than all together in the inbox.

Sydnee from SmartSweets

Innovative platform with an incredible team

GRIN has helped us scale and elevate our influencer program over the years in ways we didn't know was possible. With it's campaign and email capabilities, in addition to influencer search tools, we're able to manage multiple influencer programs in a more streamlined way and less hands on approach in order to do more without taking up more time.

Pros

GRIN continues to be very innovative with constant new features and webinars to stay ahead of the always-changing social/influencer landscape. The platform and the fantastic GRIN team has helped streamline our influencer program all into one place and scale it in amazing ways.

Cons

If I could add anything to GRIN, it would just be to expand into more social channels in a more in depth way like it currently does for Instagram. But excited for new upcoming features that I'm sure they have in the works!

Kiah from MVMT

Industry: Online Media

Grin Review

Our organisation has been using Grin for almost a year now and we've genuinely seen an increase in efficiency with our team as well as an overall streamlined view of our reporting. Both have been extremely helpful for our day to day goals as an Influencer Marketing team.

Pros

I love that Grin allows you to streamline the process of influencer marketing. From outreach, to product selection, fulfillment and ultimately seeing the ROI in real time from the influencers efforts, Grin does it all. Being able to automize email templates, connect product from our online store to the platform and have a curated way for the influencers to join campaigns, is something I truly appreciate from Grin.

Cons

There may be features from day to day that are being adjusted on the back end of Grin that can make things a little confusing at first. However these minor challenges are typically fixed ASAP once you make the team aware of anything that is causing you issue.

Michael from KontrolFreek

Grin has everything we need to run a successful influencer marketing program

We are able to discover, onboard, activate and pay influencers so much more efficiently than we used to with other platforms. It's been a breeze.

Pros

Grin has saved us a significant amount of time an energy previously spent doing mundane accounting and reconciliation with regard to influencers.

Cons

I have no issues with Grin at this time. It has been a pleasure using their platform.

Reasons for Choosing Grin

Grin had ALL of the features we were looking for. We are especially fond of their integration with Shopify Plus.

Reasons for Switching to Grin

We previously spent too much time just worrying about payments, not actively running a great program for our influencers.

Response from Grin

Replied April 2020

Michael, Thank you for sharing your experience with GRIN. We're so glad that it has saved your team time overall while also making discovering, onboarding and activating influencers more seamless.

Rhianna from Taki Trading Company

Highly recommend GRIN!

GRIN is an incredible tool that helps my team and I stay organised and has allowed us to scale our influencer programme exponentially. It makes it easy to track your budget, send influencers product, track their conversions, and monitor their deliverables. It is also great for discovering new influencers and reaching out to them.

Pros

I love the ease of use and being able to send out bulk emails to all of our ambassadors when I need to update them on new campaigns or upcoming product launches. I also love the search feature, I have been able to find so many great influencers with the lookalike function. The customer service team are super helpful as well.

Cons

I would like to be able to organise my ambassador campaigns in an order that I can choose and also have the option to hide or archive old ones. It would also be good if it was more simple for influencers to use and not have to fill out tax forms for payment as it puts some of them off.

Carl from CaliforniaWarrior

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Market more. Sell more. Hire less.

Grin is how we get the right people to our events. Beyond that, we have found it incredibly powerful community engagement tool. The platform is so powerful, we end up using it for so much more than influencer marketing. We use the information Grin places at our fingertips to research, refine our messaging, test new approaches, and effectively manage our campaigns internally.

Pros

Cutting edge approach to connecting with influencers. The influencers don't know they're on Grin. To them, you stumbled upon them organically. This nurtures genuine conversation/interactions with the people you might soon be paying to promote your product. Don't be surprised if you even make friends with some of your "influencers". We've met several in person! Like all the best business software, Grin is as invisible as you want it to be.

Cons

We were able to cut a position with the amount of time saved using Grin. Nobody likes losing a team member. Everybody likes saving money and time.

Kristina from Vessi

Best one-stop-shop for Creator Marketing

Pros

I love the different integrations that GRIN offers, from Shopify to Lumanu it makes it extremely simple to run creator campaigns.

Cons

Sometimes, it's difficult to find the nano or micro YouTube creators to onboard into the platform.

Kelsey from Cheers

Very Helpful

Overall we are very happy with GRIN. Whenever we have questions or issues they are quickly resolved and the GRIN team is always easy to get a hold of. We have definitely had a great experience overall.

Pros

We like that GRIN allows us to keep everything in one place. From emails, to contacts, to orders for influencer kits, and the content, it makes it so much easier to have it all in one place. This makes it easy to search for potential influencers as well. We love that you can apply filters and search for specific people (lookalike searches are THE BEST!).

Cons

There are sometimes certain quirks that we run into when it comes to some things related to the software. One thing is that we wish there was an easier way to mark people that we are not interested in when we are doing searches because we notice people just continue to show up. If we could delete those people out of the search or mark "not interested" that would make our searches much easier. Also, sometimes the filters on searches do not seem to work. With our product being alcohol related it is important we don't reach out to people under the age of 21, but sometimes they get through the filters.

Reasons for Choosing Grin

GRIN seemed to have the best functionality for what you pay.

Crystal from EquiLife

It's okay

The support team is great. Grin made our search of finding influencers easier but there are definitely a lot of technical difficulties

Pros

the influencer search tool is extremely beneficial especially being able to select all the influencers you'd like and add them to a sequence. I like that you can assign discount codes so easily but it needs more functionality - like new customers can only use this discount code once

Cons

The campaign part needs a lot more work, there are too many things to go through each campaign = should be simpler I feel like you need to inspire people with layouts and templates and see what other brands are doing to be able to make your campaigns run better Some influencers on the content creator search platform their emails aren't right but the customer support team usually works with me to get that all figured out A few Influencers on the content creator search haven't been active on social but still pull up

Response from Grin

Replied November 2021

Thank you for the honest feedback Crystal! We're happy that you find the creator search engine so helpful. We also understand that there is always room for improvement and welcome your thoughts. Feel free to contact the product team directly at product@grin.co to share your ideas.

The influencer marketer's best friend

Pros

For management of our influencer program, GRIN is our CRM tool of choice. We can strategize and create campaigns in the tool, save influencers with individual profiles, and send communication to them that is both customized and mass. The customer service and account teams are also very accessible and there to assist in backend support.

Cons

Reporting could be more niche and specific, without having to purchase a custom report builder add-on. Influencers have a landing page for themselves, but they can only see individual conversions. Having a better user experience for them to see which products people are purchasing, an overall look at their sales by code, etc. would help them feel clued in – and help us make better decisions.

Adriana from TKEES

Grin makes my process a lot easier!

I love working with GRIN. It helps streamline the overall campaign process and organize my influencers all in one place. I also love working closely with our account rep, who never fails to support us when needed, and continues to ensure we are using the platform to the fullest and successfully.

Pros

GRIN is the perfect platform for campaign management and to track the overall success of all influencers (ie. how their audience interacts with their tracking link and discount link).

Cons

I do not enjoy the influencer search engine. It pulls in influencers based on metrics, but not so great with quality in terms of look and feel.

Whitney from Parachute

Grin helped us save time and triple our scale

I'm very happy and recommend Grin to all of my industry contacts.

Pros

The product is very easy to use and makes the end-to-end process of managing an influencer program seamless -- from discovery to briefing, sending samples and collecting content. It's allowed us to save time and triple our partnerships within a matter of two months.

Cons

I'd like the tool to have better analytics for influencer posts: reach, engagement rate based on reach -- so that we can show the added value the program has on awareness efforts. Also, if I could run YouTube out of Grin like I run Instagram, I'd be set for years.

Response from Grin

Replied March 2020

Whitney, Thank you for sharing your GRIN experience. We are always looking to improve our product and appreciate your feedback on how you manage YouTube.