NowCerts Software Reviews

NowCerts Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"Integration and the ease to send forms, id cards, cois, etc."
  • icon"It’s cloud based and I can access it on any device.the customer service is great. They are super fast at responding and if they don't think they can resolve it via email, they call you that day."
  • icon"The program was made with the consumer in mind. User friendly is an understatement."
  • icon"If I can remove or hide all the unused navigation tabs for Personal Lines."
  • icon"There are still a few of the forms that have not been mapped properly. It is hard to know where the information will be mapped."
  • icon"I was frustrated at first because I tried to wing it."

Browse all NowCerts Reviews

• Have you used NowCerts and would like to share your experience with others?

Nik

THE NEW AMS

NowCerts has allowed us to move away from expensive and clunky QQ Catalyst. They have a nice support team that will walk you through any questions and are very patient. They are currently working on Version 2.0 which we are excited about.

Pros

Coming from QQ Catalyst, NowCerts is 100x better. They have detailed training video's explaining step by step what you need to do to get setup. There's a lot to the system but once you work with it for a bit you will learn as you go. For what you get, the price is terrific as well.

Cons

There is more of a learning curve than I expected. Also, there is a lot going on in terms of the layout which can be a bit intimidating at first. I would like to see a cleaner interface.

Reasons for choosing NowCerts

Price and they have a lot of third party integrations.

Reasons for switching to NowCerts

Price, service and interface.

Aaron

Everything you need

It is easy to figure out. It is browser based as opposed to needing a downloaded application like many larger systems do. And the price point is very competitive

Pros

What I appreciate most is not necessarily the software, but rather the responsiveness of the company that runs it. I first tried the system for a few months about 4 or 5 years ago. It did not have all the features I was looking for, but the most critical missing piece was HIPAA compliance. I brought it to their attention and the next year they reached out to me letting me know they had upgraded to new servers with HIPAA security compliance, but I had already chosen a different provider. Now, years later, I began looking again through MANY different CRM/AMS systems. They have implemented so many features that I had asked for previously and they are very responsive when I inquire about anything.

Cons

They are still lacking a little in the Medicare arena. While they did add a Medicare info section to the Client profile, the Product list only has "Health" in general, not Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, Part D, nor other senior products like Critical Illness and Long Term Care. I find this to be a common oversight of many P & C AMS systems that are trying to cater to all lines. Also, while they have made a good effort at integrations, it is missing a few that are important to us: our rater (EZLynx), our current VOIP system (phone.com), etc...

Reasons for choosing NowCerts

It does nearly everything they do with an easy-to-use system at a better price point and no contract. Best of all has been their customer service

Reasons for switching to NowCerts

Vertafore (owner of QQ Catalyst) promised excellent training and then did not follow through.

Chase

September 2022

Nowcerts is Awesome

Great! The best people ! they are all very proactive to new ideas and this product is constantly evolving. The people

Pros

Great API and very good Zapier Integration

Cons

Slow, and difficult learning curve. Client portal not userfriendly enough for a customer to use.

Reasons for switching to NowCerts

inability to gain useful API access. Half baked Zapier integration that does not provide access to any policy actions or data, no addresses, DOB, and very little actionable data about the contact. Inability to get anyone to respond to requests for API documentation to work around the shortcomings.

Response from NowCerts

We're glad that NowCerts is working well for you. We will continuously update and improve our system and services to give you more ease in doing your business. Again, thank you for doing business with us.

Replied November 2022

Laura

Great Product Once Set Up

Our agency ended up cancelling our subscription for service after struggling for months to complete set up. It is not as easy as a simple download and many of the features (that are helpful) needed to be manually set up. If agency has a dedicated individual that can facilitate the importing and set up of system it would be helpful, but trying to get it up and manage agency simultaneously did not work out as we hoped.

Pros

Functionality and reports are great. Ease of finding information

Cons

Difficult, labor intensive and cumbersome set-up.

Reasons for switching to NowCerts

Product was more comprehensive than QQ but no disclosure about the indepth and involved set up of NowCerts so we stupidly made switch.

Response from NowCerts

Thank you for the honest review! We are glad that the reports and functionality were great for your agency! However, we are sad to see that you felt onboarding was not up to par for your agency. We have onboarding training free of charge to new subscribers that is available to utilize and have also improved the onboarding experience even more in the last year. We hope that if you decide to look for another AMS in the future that you would keep us in mind and not hesitate to reach out if you need more assistance with getting started again.

Replied June 2021

Jordan

Its been okay..

We feel it has potential, but the customer service is lacking

Pros

We like the features that NowCerts has. I feel like it could have major potential, its just a matter of figuring it out

Cons

We were highly considering switching to NowCerts but we found it was a bit difficult to use, and it was hard getting help from customer service

Response from NowCerts

We are extremely happy that you liked the system and we are sorry that you didn't feel that the customer service was up to par. We take our customer service to our clients very seriously and strive to make it the best experience for all. We'd love to hear from you as to when and how you contacted our Customer Service department so that we can look in to why this may have happened. We do hope that if you are looking for an AMS in the future that you will keep us in mind and give us another try. We also wish you continued success in your business. Thank you for the honest review.

Replied April 2021

Lawrence

Best Agency Management Software on the Planet!

Other than the annual increases, they've been the most responsive and service oriented software company I've dealth with...and I've dealt with too many. They take ownership of their issues and make changes very fast.

Pros

I love this system. As a broker/owner for over 30 years, I have seen every system you can imagine. At every Association Expo, I see new systems. Nothing compares to NowCerts. It is so easy to use. The intuitiveness of flow and adding new customers is a breeze. The information I have available to me is so easy. I hope they don't get bought out like every other innovative company.

Cons

Prices change every damn year! I know that prices go up...but this has been a roller coaster. The only reason I stick is because I love the system. I'm willing to pay what they want, up to a point. That point is very very soon. At a certain level, it loses its value...and you're willing to go back to something inferior just to teach them a lesson on how to treat a customer as something other than a checking account.

Reasons for choosing NowCerts

AMS 360 is a nightmare! a nightmare! How they created a system that takes over 20 different entries just to issue a cert is beyond me! Agencies buy it for their accounting, supposedly. But torturing your staff to count every last penny isn't an agency I'd want to work for/with

Reasons for switching to NowCerts

Better System. ITC is based upon 2001/2002 tech. It has never been updated.

Gracie

Good looking system & improving all the time

They're knowledgeable and always willing to find the answers. It's great working with representatives.

Pros

The look & feel of the dashboard isn't as overwhelming with other systems. Once you understand how it works, there are so many possibilities.

Cons

Anticipation of the changes coming in the 2.0 version.

Reasons for choosing NowCerts

Made more sense for our business operations, share the same capabilities and had more flexibility in certain areas.

Reasons for switching to NowCerts

We had too many options to customize with SmartOffice, so we wanted a product more built up.

Response from NowCerts

Thank you for the kind words, Gracie. We will continuously update and improve our system and services to give you more ease in doing your business. Again, thank you for doing business with us. =)

Rich

Two Big Thumbs Up for NowCerts

Pros

Being able to store all your clients information and issue certificates easily is such a blessing. The video tutorials were a big help, since getting adjusted took a little time, but the best thing about NowCerts is the customer support across the board. The reps, and everyone else, they all make sure you get what you need when you need it. More importantly, they all work with a smile on their face because they like what they do. To be honest I should probably troubleshoot a little more, but at times I don't because I look forward to talking with them.

Cons

Like any software, sometimes there are glitches, but they are very good about addressing and correcting the issue, normally within a couple of hours. As rare as this has happened though, it's never effected our business. I do wish the email platform was a little more robust.

Reasons for choosing NowCerts

Initially because of pricing. NowCerts was considerably less on a monthly basis .

Richard

The Best Agency Management System!

I really like how Nowcerts has given me a handle on the business that I am writing and help me communicate cancellations and renewal information better with my insureds. This is helping me reduce the cancellations and lapsed policies

Pros

The features are customizable for our agency. We can add forms that map data from Nowcerts or reverse-map data to Nowcerts. We can integrate from Website or between different programs. I love the daily cancel emails when insured is in cancel status.

Cons

I would like a little more flexibility with reports on the design and data that is put into them.

Reasons for choosing NowCerts

I considered the size of my agency with the overall cost of these systems. Nowcerts gave me the most features at a reasonable cost.

Response from NowCerts

Thank you for sharing your experience with NowCerts, Richard. We are happy to be part of your success. Thank you for the support. =)

Jacqueline

Very Happy!

Overall we are very pleased with NowCerts.

Pros

The training and support that comes with NowCerts is the best. Every issue or need we have had they had a solution for and are always very quick to respond.

Cons

I wish that it had more life & health functionality.

Reasons for choosing NowCerts

We chose NowCerts for the cost initially but have stayed for the customer service.

Reasons for switching to NowCerts

We needed a more commercial-friendly program.

Response from NowCerts

We appreciate you and thank you for your loyalty and trust, Jacqueline! We are happy you are enjoying NowCerts. If you need further assistance, just let us know and we'll be glad to help you.

JANESSA

LOVE NOWCERTS

Awesome! I recommend to NowCerts to everyone who is looking for an AMS system

Pros

Super easy to use, colorful, customer service is A+++++, and very affordable!!

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about NowCerts

Reasons for choosing NowCerts

Customer Service was excellent (very helpful), system is super easy to use, and loved the free trail

Reasons for switching to NowCerts

Too Expensive and system was all over the place

Response from NowCerts

Thank you for your highest recommendations in NowCerts, Janessa. We are happy to have you in our NowCerts family. Again, thank you.

Adnan

Excellent for Start Up Agencies and those Expanding Rapidly

Overall my experience is excellent and some of the problems this software helps me resolve are: - Billing & Invoicing - Agent/Agency Production - Account Management - COI Production / Mass COI Generation - Independent Access to Agents to Monitor there Accounts

Pros

The overall functionality is very easy to use, and the simplicity of accessing and understanding the many functions such as billing and endorsements. NowCerts has an excellent Agency Reports option that can give one a good look at the direction of business broken down into lines of business along with agent/agency production. Recently, we are able to use texting feature from this software when communicating with clients and this allows us to keep a solid record of all communications and option for document signing. The owner is very responsive to requests for help, I have personally communicated with him over 4+ years of signing up with NowCerts. I started my agency from scratch and for me the cost was the biggest factor in getting access to an Agency Management System - this allowed me to stay within my budget and monitor all past and present COIs issued and allowed me to build a comprehensive list of Additional Insureds for future use.

Cons

None, this software has all I need to operate my agency.

Response from NowCerts

Thank you Adnan for a thorough review of NowCerts. Thank you for being an excellent user and we hope to serve you well into the future. Thanks again!

Clyde

Transitioning to NowCerts

Honestly, just tracking all of the various aspects of a commercial account can be daunting. While the data entry demands can be interesting, the ease of use is a huge factor. Just one example; we can get a request by email for an Acord 25, enter the certificate holder into, create the Cert Master (assuming we hadn't already done so, and have it out to the certificate holder, insured and a copy for the files in 10 minutes. Very efficient.

Pros

We had been using a CRM system to perform the agency management tasks as well. While this worked OK in the beginning we quickly outgrew the capabilities. After trying NowCerts for the free trial period, it became indispensable to us. And we still haven't found all it can do. Nothing is perfect including NowCerts. But the power it has to deal with new business, billing, and renewals is great.

Cons

I would like to see a bit better integration of the email and calendar. We still mostly use our Gmail applications. Also, I would like to see an integration for Xero, accounting software. Our payroll system and Xero talk together and it would be great if the accounting functions in NowCerts did also.

Reasons for choosing NowCerts

We went through web presentations for several competitors. NowCerts was the easiest to use while handling complex tasks.

Reasons for switching to NowCerts

We needed to handle a great deal of information for our primarily commercial products insureds. NowCerts makes that easy.

Response from NowCerts

Thanks for the kind words, Clyde. We really appreciate your honest feedback. Trust that we are continually improving our software, service, and processes to better serve your needs. Again, thank you. ;)

Adnan

Amazing Software with Superior Ease of Use

I started my Independent Insurance agency back in July 2015 after being an agent for around 4-5 years and had experience it TAMOnline from Applied Systems which costed by previous employer almost $ 800+ per-month. As a new agency I couldn't afford that and was for several months recording all accounts in Excel Sheet. Until it got exhaustive and kept missing things I checked online after some reasrch and found this, and gave it a shot. After joining I have been impressed with the support team hands on approach resolving any issues and updating this AMS and best part it's cloud based and no software installation of any sort is required just a good network connection. I have been issuing Certs from my iPhone while on the road marketing keeping in close touch with my clients. I love the next generation looks for this software and its fluidity of jumping from one option to the next. This software is also good as making notes and uploading any files it's kept in cloud and can be assessible from any device with a browser and connection, this is golden for us agencies who are making sure we document everything to prevent E&O Claims. Hands off to them, to many options to describe and for the price it's set per month is a steal for start-up and developed agencies.

Pros

Cloud based & accessibility from any device. Excellent format of software and learning curve is great.

Cons

None

Response from NowCerts

Thank you for the kind words, Adnan. We at NowCerts work hard to provide the most innovative solution to your insurance agency needs at an affordable price. We will continue to provide you with our best service.

Easy to Use Agency Management Software at a Reasonable Price

Never had an issue that went unresolved.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. It's affordable. Our agency offers more than just insurance and this software has the flexibility to allow us to keep track of our other products/services that we sell in addition to the insurance. I would recommend this software for all levels, new ventures and established agencies.

Cons

I would like to see more marketing tools.

Reasons for choosing NowCerts

NowCerts doesn't hold your data hostage.

Reasons for switching to NowCerts

We outgrew the previous software.

Jed

Excellent Agency software

My overall experience has been fantastic and we are so far very happy with the service we have had up to this point!

Pros

I love how easy it is for someone new to the industry like me. But I like the fact even more how available and easy to get ahold of all of the staff is at NowCerts. I can tell you in the few years of owning an independent agency that the bigger players direct you to a callcenter and other means and you sit on hold, etc. Additionally they have a ton of training videos that make it easy to use and if they don't have the one you are looking for then they will make sure you know how to do whatever task you need to. I have had no problems with setting up IVANS downloads as well and again for the money this is great software!

Cons

There are some aspects of the software that is a little clunky still like the integration between "SignNow" and Nowcerts. I have yet to be able to send something via email in nowcerts that didn't require me to log in separately to SignNow and create an additional e-sign request which can become tedious. Furthermore, it can be difficult migrating multirater data from like ez-lynx, so you end up filling out application twice in some cases when you use NowCerts and a different multirater.

Response from NowCerts

Thanks for the kind words, Jed. Rest assured that we continuously improve our system. Thanks also for the feedback. We will work on it to better serve your needs. =)

Wesley