• icon"Announcements CAN look pretty good if shared graphically."
  • icon"Ease of use and the ability to get information out as often as needed and the reach that it provides. Staff can access and consume at a time that suits them."
  • icon"This product is easy to use and feel like a part of a community in the company."
  • icon"I am not sure if many others within my organization use the Chats feature since there are already so many other tools and applications that provide that functionality for us."
  • icon"However, we would rather use Blink for messaging and sharing than go to product that was a unified platform but a poorer experience."
  • icon"We had teething issues to start regarding invites, where someone will try to join but will be stuck in an endless loop."

All Blink Reviews

Christi

A Surprise Underdog Comes Through

I believe we made a great decision by choosing Blink and I would recommend them to any other company looking to up their communication game.

Pros

In searching for a new communication platform, I thought I knew what I was looking for and which company I would go with. Blink was added as just another platform for comparison. However, during my first demo, I was convinced this was the right choice. It ticked off all the boxes: top down communication, bottom up communication, side to side communication, individual and group chats, an information repository, and one of the best price points of (in my opinion) even inferior platforms. Plus, they were up front about all costs, so I didn't have to worry about a surprise invoice I would have to explain.

Cons

There are a few small functionality issues I have had since getting into the platform (such as not having control over what shows up under an employee name or what is displayed in the Directory), but I have been assured the team is adding my suggestions to their list and looking into how we can work around the other issues.

Reasons for choosing Blink

Blink has the best user interface and is able to accomplish everything we were looking for as an organization.

Julien

Good for company communication, not finished for instant messaging and daily usage

If I have to describe Blink about our usage in Kuba, it is a, instant messaging application with feed. Really, if our directors didn't force us to use it, I think we would use google Hangout instead, for a better integration, search, with the reste of google suite.

Pros

I really like the concept of feed to allow official communication in the same tool than chat, without sending email. It create a community feeling.

Cons

- Searching some discussion with someone is not easy (What we discussed 4 days ago on the chat ?) - I haven't capability to mark a discussion as "unread" (I open the discussion on my phone, see somthing I will have to analyse before answering, I have to send email to me to think about that) - When I do some mistake on a sentence, I have to click on edit, so use the mouse, instead of just use the up arrow, like in softwares like discord, that is very simplest to edit. - For integration with a tool, I need administrator to allow me to do something (i.e jira) so I'm not free to use all capabilities of Blink. - If I join files in a discussion, I can't arrange them, so theorically we have to create one different chat for each subject, but to search a chat from people name, I have always to click on "see all chats", so use the mouse, that is break the user experience from my point of view.

Reasons for switching to Blink

Our director decision, and disabling Hangout to force us to use Blink, even if hangout is included in google suite, so less expensive.

Response from Super Smashing

Thank you for your feedback Julien! We are glad that you enjoy the Feed feature and that Blink has created a community feeling in your organisation. Your feature request to mark a discussion as "unread" is currently under review, and we plan to release it in a future update. All of your feature requests have been passed to the Product Team to review. Our Product Portal is a great way to get further feature requests directly into the hands of our Product Team here: https://portal.joinblink.com/tabs/2-under-consideration

October 2022

Communication Tool

Pros

Customizable communication tool. Holds all colleagues contacts and can be used as a single point of contact. Very useful and used even more since Covid and has not become a critical point of my daily

Cons

Uploads are cumbersome. The platform is good for basic communication but cannot handle large campaigns or file sharing.

Lydia

Industry: Environmental Services

August 2022

A great Intranet for the whole company

This keeps ALLLL of our employees together in one place with all the updates in our company. Where we can share and chat with each other. It also is great to have all of our documents needed to HR and safety if someone needs to fill out a report or find info. This is all especially helpful during and after COVID and working remote.

Pros

The ability to communicate to my whole team quickly as well as the mobile app so I get notifications when I am not around my computer or need to check something.

Cons

I don't like that you have to name each chat "group". It should be an option but not mandatory. Just causes one more step when reaching out to a team member quickly.

Reasons for switching to Blink

Didn't have the social/intranet aspect that Blink has.

Steve

Industry: Furniture

A user friendly platform for our multi national team.

Blink has brought our internal comms platform up to date with a familiar, easy to use interface. The support from the Blink team during set up was very good, and ongoing Tech Support prompt and positive.

Pros

The Feed has provided an excellent platform for colleagues as well as our Comms team to share company news. We are able to measure via Analytics how this has improved engagement via Likes and Comments. Users familiar with SM platforms feel immediately at home. The Hub delivers a major part of what we wanted to achieve in terms of sharing material across our multi national offices and has become our single source of truth. The ease of use is such that little or no user instruction has been required. As an Admin there is virtually no learning curve when setting up users, or populating content. Having multiple methods of signing users up is useful where colleagues are factory/office/home based.

Cons

We would like more flexibility in the Directory in terms of displaying multiple contact numbers i.e internal phone extension, mobile and direct dial numbers. A calendar with room booking functionality would be good. We have yet to integrate with company systems so cannot comment at this time.

Nathan

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Perfect solution for remote workforce

Using Blink has revolutionised how we have both communicated with our staff and more crucially how they communicate with us. We have been able to get a consistent message out, instantly, which is something we've never achieved before. However being able to receive feedback from all members of staff has brought a new dimension to our staff relationships

Pros

The simplicity of the software is amazing. The roll out process to frontline staff takes less than a minute as it is so obvious and intuitive. The speed that it performs without fail is amazing and the constant improvements to functionality are great

Cons

Not sure I can put anything here - every snag we've come up the Blink team have worked around and found solutions.

Reasons for switching to Blink

Previous product wasn't suitable for a business where most employees are remote. We needed a simple, agile solution which Blink provided

Response from Super Smashing

Thank you for your review Nathan! We appreciate learning how Blink has transformed your communication. We are always looking for insight on our customer's experience, and it is really valuable to know how intuitive your workforce has found Blink to use.

Replied August 2021

Christophe

Blink : An easy collaborative tool to share information inside the teams !

This tool is very useful, and I'm using it every day - even every minute - to share information with my team, or other people of my company. The global feed and the "history" allow also to don't miss information.

Pros

The product is easy to use. The possibility to create group is very interesting, as group can be done with the right persons to talk a specific subject. The global feed allows to share general information about the company.

Cons

The copy / paste option is working only in the blink feed. No possibility to copy directly to a Google Mail by example.

Reasons for switching to Blink

The goal is to block to only person of the company. The google meet is "open too largely" to everybody in the world.

Response from Super Smashing

Hello Christophe, it is great to hear that you have had a positive experience with Blink! Your feedback on the copy/paste function has been passed to our Product Team. We are always looking for new insights and features to improve Blink, and we encourage our users to visit the Product Portal to make additional feature requests here: https://portal.joinblink.com/tabs/2-under-consideration

Excellent! Zero Complaints!

Just prior to the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions put in place, our company anticipated needing a way to communicate internally with our staff and contractors about rapid changes to our workplace and daily lives. Most of our staff are front-line workers and do not have company email accounts. Our internal scheduling app that we use for hourly staff did not have the ability to upload attachments or allow staff to respond to high alert notifications. Setup was quick and easy. We were able to test Blink for free prior to committing to it, but knew immediately that it was perfect for our needs. Now, several months into the COVID-19 crisis, we've seen a shift from senior staff using the app solely for important internal communications, to all staff using it for staff recognition, company highlights, events, contests, motivational and uplifting posts, etc. It helps keeps our employees engaged and informed, allowing everyone to have a voice, and it seems to help boost employee morale.

Pros

- Ability to share and communicate with all employees or with individual teams - Quick and helpful responses from Blink staff/developers -- willingness to go above and beyond to meet our company's needs - Allows for multiple administrators at different levels - Ease of use - Ability to communicate privately -- staff can even contact our CEO and get a real-time response - Real-time chat - Search feature - Ability to use on smartphone and PC

Cons

When we first started using Blink, posts were limited to one attachment each, which has since been updated. Blink has evolved quickly and quite honestly we have zero complaints.

Reasons for choosing Blink

ease of use, cost, no association with Facebook, ability to personalize/customize

Adrian

Great Collaborative tool

i enjoy using Blink, this is a great tool and has come into its own through the recent Pandemic for sharing information etc with each other and reporting on a live and ever changing daily position.

Pros

the home feed page for seeing and sharing what is going on in and around the business.

Cons

The initial phase I struggled to search for specific items referred to, and sharing that with others in the business.

Reasons for switching to Blink

it was a more appealing and collaborative product for us.

Response from Super Smashing

Hi Adrian, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. It's great to hear that key features like the Feed are helping your business stay connected. We are sorry to hear that finding specific items to share was difficult. Your feedback has been given to the Product Team to review. If there are any additional features you would like to see on Blink, be sure to let us know through our Product Portal here: https://portal.joinblink.com/tabs/2-under-consideration

Blink

Pros

The ability to allow users to express themselves via the newsfeed, whilst also being able to filter to reach out to certain departments via groups has been great for users needing support from a certain department, or simply sharing a post they want everyone to see. This has led to the company being able to share posts for the entire company as a priority and needing users to acknowledge the posts, which means we can assure users have read important posts. It also has a community feel to it and also can help with boosting morale as we have been able to post about achievements in different depots across the company. What is also great is the ability to create a hub, with useful links that the entire company uses, which makes it a fully working intranet for us.

Cons

We had teething issues to start regarding invites, where someone will try to join but will be stuck in an endless loop. This hasn't happened recently and can be solved using an invite code rather than an invite link. During this time Blink support did quickly help us out with the issue.

Response from Super Smashing

Hi Jennifer, thank you for your review. We are glad that key Blink features like the Feed and the Hub are supporting internal communication, company culture and boosting morale for your organisation! It is good to hear that the Blink Support Team was able to help you resolve any issues you encountered.

Katherine

Alternative Intranet

We're still playing around with the features but so far after less than a month we are happy with what we are working with.

Pros

- free for up to 20 users - great alternative to a company intranet / communication portal for the micro businesses who want to share their management system documentation with field staff and don't want to fork out expensive licences with Microsoft for similar products like yammer / SharePoint. - if you are IT savvy and know how to build microapps feature will draw your attention. - Can download on android and iOS devices - Has a desktop app for windows and iOS devices

Cons

- you have to purchase the premier package at a monthly cost per user to do branding. It would be good if there was a fixed fee per month for up to 10 users for the small companies e.g. £20 plus VAT.

- Cost - No clutter - Simply and easy to setup and run with

September 2022

Good Work Communication Platform

Pros

This allows us to effectively communicate to our colleagues within our offices, across the country. Which with real time updates and alerts this becomes incredibility easy.

Cons

Some of the post filtering options do require some setting up and testing, but once done it's easy to use.

Jacqui

Since Blink ...

Overall I have found Blink to be a really good tool. It is the first thing I look at in the morning. I spend my first 15 minutes in the morning checking Blink for any new Policies, information on new Covid rules or just nice posts from our services celebrating a customer's birthday or a day out at the seaside for the individuals we support - working in shared services it is so nice to see the people we support out and about and enjoying their lives - something we would probably have seen in a quarterly newsletter prior to Blink.

Pros

Since Blink was introduced into our company it has changed the way we communicate. Prior to it's introduction we had no central communication hub. We have over 100 care homes, very many staff and customers all over the UK, so we are very remote from each other. Since Blink was introduced, we can now see posts from other services showing their activities and milestone celebrations. It connects central services to our homes and each home with each other making us feel part of the wider company rather than just a lone care home. This has been particularly important during the isolation of Covid in the past year and a half. We also have all of our policies and procedures in one place on the Blink Hub.

Cons

A bit like Facebook - once a post has gone down the feed it is sometimes hard to find again if you need to refer to it again, this is especially difficult if the post is important information - say new rules regarding Covid. Sometimes it is hard to find a particular Policy or Procedure in the Hub - but that might be more about how and where it is uploaded - I am not sure?

Response from Super Smashing

Hello Jacqui, we are so glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with Blink! We aim to deliver the best user experience in communication, so it is really valuable to know that Blink has changed the way your organisation communicates. Your suggestions for the search function have been passed to our Product Team. There is a personal Hub organisation feature currently under consideration, and we greatly appreciate your insight. We are always looking for ways to improve Blink, and we encourage our users to visit the Product Portal to make feature requests here: https://portal.joinblink.com/tabs/2-under-consideration

Richard

Blink - an easy to use and intuitive product that makes day to day business that much easier!

Excellent - just an easy to use and intuitive platform!

Pros

Blink is very easy to use for instant conversations and messaging, also very easy to start an instant meeting, a simple forward slash and you are good to go. The product also makes it easy to set up group chats and this can be done on the fly in the middle of a meeting without too much effort. Also has some nice aesthetic features,e.g. throwing confetti! I also like the fact that the developers look for ongoing feedback to further enhance the product, as this product grows it will become even better and more established. Interesting enough people now talk about sending blinks and setting up blink meetings - the name is becoming synonymous with what it does and replacing the typical grammar.

Cons

For some reason, it is easier to use on the phone than the PC itself. Every time you hit the return button on the PC it sends that as a blink when actually it might be you starting a new paragraph. Other than this minor issue I don't have anything too negative to say!

Response from Super Smashing

Hi Richard, thank you for your review! We love learning how Blink has become a part of your employees' daily routines and communications. To start a new line in a single Blink message on PC, hold the "shift" key as you press the return key. You can also click the + symbol on the left, select "compose" and then you will be able to press the return button without sending the message. If you come across any issues or have further questions, please be sure to reach out to us at support@joinblink.com.

Peter

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

We use Blink as our main communication tool as we are split between two office or on customer site.

Pros

After several false starts with other applications, the team quickly adopted Blink. Within two weeks we had rolled out Blink as the tool of choice. We are distributed over two offices and/or on customer site - so having a central messaging tool that everyone uses is great. New joiners find it easy to learn/use. We have some company-wide channels, individual team channels, lots of ad hoc groups, and then normal direct messaging. Due to the ease of use we use it regularly to bring small/ad hoc project teams together in order to share documentation and messaging. The fact that there is a desktop app, a web app, an iOS app and Android app means Blink can be used where ever you are. We like the lightning-quick search, have linked it to both Jira and Office 365, and have plans to extend it with an in-house Bot. New features are released on a regular basis and if we have any questions then we have found the support to be very quick and helpful.

Cons

The main limitation is that we still need to use a separate application for screen sharing and voice calls. It would be nice if this feature was added. However, we would rather use Blink for messaging and sharing than go to product that was a unified platform but a poorer experience. For that reason we still currently use Skype for Business for voice and screen sharing but have chosen not to use Microsoft Teams for colloboration as we think Blink is a far better experience.

Azelea

Great Company Social Platform

The level of communication has increased. Blink has been a great tool for people to share their experiences without having to send a company wide email. The chat function has also made it easier for people to ask simple questions without having to send email.

Pros

It's super easy to set up and use. The team at Blink are always quick to respond, listen to feedback and suggestions for future features. Integration with some business applications have been useful for daily updates.

Cons

Now that they've allowed multiple photo uploads and direct video posts I can't think of much else. Permission levels could do with more rejigging as most things if you're not admin you can't control perhaps there could be something inbetween admin and user. Also if you're not part of a team you can't post to that news feed - however there are times when someone from one team might want to post something to only a couple of teams but not the whole company and that's not easily achieveble. Perhaps "team admins" can post to other team news feeds and just not see any of the feed other than their own post? Perhaps business collaboration tools could be more advanced?

Reasons for choosing Blink

Had the best UI and UX. Simple and straightforward with the added tools sharing documents etc.

Blink is just amazing!

Blink are amazing, the team are so helpful and have a real "can do" attitude when it comes to working with you to fix any business problems you may be having. This isn't problems with the app - this is trying to use Blink to fix internal business issues by developing the app further or expanding it's capabilities

Pros

Blink has really changed the way our business looks at communicating with our front line workers. We've had this for almost 3 years now and we haven't looked back since. It's so easy to onboard our new workers to the business, and the ability to share information instantly is amazing!

Cons

There's nothing at all that I like least about this software

Reasons for choosing Blink

Ease of use, ultimately our end users chose Blink following a pilot as they absolutely fell it love with it after we asked them to trial it for 6 weeks. We haven't looked back since!

Response from Super Smashing

Thank you for your review! We appreciate learning how Blink has transformed your communication. We are always looking for insight on our customer's experience, so it is really valuable to know how Blink is easily adopted by new starters.