All Axero Reviews

Denise

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2022

The perfect intranet solution for us.

Very good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], our salesperson, was very helpful and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was an effective leader of onboarding.

PROS

It was surprisingly easy and fast to implement. I did most of it by myself over the period of about 6 weeks. The implementation team provides onboarding which is good when there will be multiple administrators.

CONS

I would like the survey tool to be a little more robust. Also, there is a way to do it, but we struggled a bit with separating calendars into "anniversaries" and "birthdays."

Reason for choosing Axero

More robust, less complicated to implement, not married to specific technologies like Sharepoint that we don't use. It was just the right overall fit.

Hi Denise, Thank you for the review! The Axero team is thrilled that our platform is the perfect solution for your organization. I'll be sure to share your note with our client success team - we're always happy to hear that a customer had a smooth and quick implementation experience. Please feel free to submit your suggestions about surveys and calendars in the Suggestion and Feedback forum: https://my.axerosolutions.com/spaces/77/axero-online-support/forums/6118/suggestions-and-feedback Our development team is focused on delivering continued value to all users and your feedback guides the Axero roadmap. Thank you again! Alex, Axero Marketing Manager

Replied August 2022

Liz

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Axero Team ROCKS!

Axero is incredibly easy to use and the Axero team is SUPER helpful on all ends. I feel so supported by the software AND the team.

PROS

I have no prior experience in content management or building intranets and I picked up how to build it out immediately. The communifire documentation will have an answer to practically anything you need to know. IF you can't find what you need there, the Axero team will be there to save you!

CONS

We are integrating a LOT with axero and we truly believe that sky is the limit for our intranet. With that said, we've run into a few instances where our hopes and dreams are a little too precise/outlandish and Axero can't always accommodate what we would like to build. However, they always help us find workarounds to get us where we need to be!

Reason for choosing Axero

They could support the integrations we needed and also had a better UX than our previous vendor.

Reasons for switching to Axero

Igloo did not provide the customer service we needed.

Hi Liz, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so happy our documentation and support team has been helpful. We're always looking to add more integrations that our customers find valuable, so please drop some integration ideas in our Suggestions & Feedback forum (link here: https://my.axerosolutions.com/spaces/77/axero-online-support/forums/6118/suggestions-and-feedback). From user experience to customer experience, we aim to provide top notch support for our customers from all angles - and based on your review, it looks like we accomplished our goal! I will be sure to share your note with the rest of the team :). Sincerely, Alex, Axero Marketing Manager

Christine

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2017

I think the platform is very basic and not the robust solution it is presented as.

It gave our employees a new intranet to complain about. They didn't like the old one because it was dated, and they don't like the new one because (1) it's new, and (2) it doesn't have some of the basic functionality of the old one (developed in-house).

PROS

Easy to set up and navigate.

CONS

There are too many inconsistencies and quirks. It seems like it wasn't fully built out. Functionality was put in, but there's no depth to it. For example, the site member csv does not accurately report space membership. There are more examples, too numerous to mention here. We have reported these. Apparently, most are expected to be corrected in some phantom future release.

Brooke

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed July 2021

Axero Intranet Revire

PROS

Hands down the most used function is the discussion boards and it really helps bring our employees together to help one another! This helps them understand answers from their peers and helps build credibility. They find it easy to start and to review answers. I also think the mix of home office employees in the answers helps our people to feel that we are approachable as gatekeepers! I also love the customizable site. We can easily change and update the site to align with marketing campaigns and keep it looking fresh for our users.

CONS

The thing we struggle with the most is the analytics. We would love to see a deeper understanding of how our teams are using spaces and information + make it very easy for regional managers to follow-up on outstanding items. If we could give RMs access to a report that clearly states who is missing what items - that would make a world of difference!

Reasons for switching to Axero

To have a more creative site that could be both engagement and communications based.

Hi Brooke, Thank you so much for your review! The Axero team is thrilled that your employees are connecting, sharing information, and making the most out of discussion boards. We added additional space analytics so you can analyze user behavior and content performance. Here's more information: https://my.axerosolutions.com/spaces/5/communifire-documentation/wiki/view/21546/manage-space I will pass along your feedback to our development team, who is always excited to hear from valued clients just like you. Thank you! - Alexandra Hoey, Axero Marketing Manager

Christina

Construction, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2020

First Time User - Communifire

I have had a great experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who has been our Rep. His training has helped me so much so that I can train our own ambassadors to use and update spaces. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is easy to get a hold of, receptive and a great teacher. I trust that he will always understand my request and assists me immediately.

PROS

This software is perfect to communicate information to our entire company. I especially love the custom homepage which allows us to disseminate important information to our team real-time.

CONS

It would be helpful if there was a feature which will allow me to post on the main page carousel from other spaces only. I have to duplicate "HOT" announcements on the main page and for example HR.

Reason for choosing Axero

Best tools and looked easy to use for our staff who are not always tech savy

Thank you so much for your review, Christina! Have you tried our "featured" tool? This allows you to post content on a space and have it automatically appear on the main homepage. Please reach out to our support team if you have questions!

Laura

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2022

Powerful, attractive knowledge management platform backed by a fantastic team

Axero, both the platform and the people, has helped our team enable this company with its first foray into digital transformation.

PROS

I helped a client implement Axero as part of a major knowledge management upgrade. The portal we needed was somewhere between an intranet, a CMS, and a custom application. The client had selected Axero for its feature set, solid UX, document storage, and support options, after a previous platform had fallen short on all those aspects. Because our needs were so diversified, we made heavy customizations to our Axero instance, which was simple to do almost entirely with native configurations and css. We also made extensive use of the API to further customize the experience. We launched with wild success. Throughout the process, Axero was very helpful, providing an implementation plan and working with us on our own plans, providing rapid support. We felt highly supported and like the Axero team was just as invested in our success as we were.

CONS

While there are always minor UI adjustments or feature tweaks I want to see on any platform, Axero really has done a great job. The only thing I would like to see is some more flexibility in widget configurations, although that is mostly because we're using this platform for much more than a standard intranet. I'll add that it's easy to submit a request to Axero and they've been receptive to all our ideas.

Features, UI, services

Hi Laura, Thank you so much for your thoughtful and thorough review! As you know, implementing a new business software is a huge undertaking. The Axero team strives to remove complexities and make this entire process as seamless and pleasant as possible, which makes your feedback so meaningful to us. In terms of adding more options for widget capabilities, please feel to leave your ideas in our Suggestions & Feedback forum (link here: https://my.axerosolutions.com/spaces/77/axero-online-support/forums/6118/suggestions-and-feedback). Our development team uses your feedback to guide future product releases. Thank you again for the review, we sincerely appreciate it! - Alex, Axero Marketing Manager

Chuck

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

One place for everything

I have used their software for close to a decade - There has never been any downtime to speak of, and none in the last several years. - Their help desk is second to none. - They fix issues extremely fast, and they go out of their way to help you achieve what you want. - The technology behind what they do is constantly improving, and the presentation of new features is also second to none. There are very few software companies for whom I could say the same thing. - Customization in any manner that you see fit.

PROS

- The ability to interact with both internally with our employees and contractors, and externally (in a private environment) with our partners, and externally (in a public environment) with our customers. - Variety of communication mediums: public forums, private tickets, wiki/guide pages, announcements, blogs, video. Everything in one package. - Create a self-serve environment for those wanting to research and learn on their own time. Although this product is marketed as an intranet product, we take it further, and have inculcated our whole web page operations around the product. We have: - Public Web Pages, where customers can peruse our custom designed pages (part of Communifire) and avail themselves of the various communication tools in the Communifire product. - Private community for our Solution Providers where they can interact with us and each other to discuss ideas not in the public purview. - Private ticket system for our customers, where sensitive information comes into play. By implementing all of these communication options, we were able to channel more resources and money into engineering a better product, as opposed to paying someone to regurgitate items that are routine and standard procedure. If any company has a similar structure to ours e.g. products that involve customer interaction, with vendor or partner relationships, I don't understand why anybody wouldn't want to use a product like Communifire. Know that this review is unsolicited.

CONS

The only - and TINY issue I have, is with the instant messenger. By default we can't prevent customers from seeing each other. We would like to have more options in this arena. Second, it would be nice to allow API with third party instant messaging systems - or a collaborative integration. However, this is a tiny inconvenience for us.

Reasons for switching to Axero

This product had everything we wanted in one place.

Hi Chuck! We're thrilled that years later, you're still loving Communifire's extranet abilities. We recently released integrations with Rocket.Chat and Jitsi to streamline the instant messaging experience with more to come. Thank you for your review!

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 201-500 employees

Axero was a godsend.

The launch of our product with Axero has been nothing short of amazing thus far, and we absolutely could not have succeeded without both their product and their support.

PROS

We were looking for something extremely extensible. We initially chose Igloo for a proof of concept, which was okay, but wasn't ideal, especially since the support was subpar. We were introduced to Axero and immediately realized how much stronger both the product and the team are. We needed something very customizable, but easy to use. In our initially discovery, those things didn't tend to go hand-in-hand, but with Axero, they do. We

CONS

I'd like to see some enhanced support around 0365 event management.

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for the review. The entire Axero team is thrilled that we were able to deliver the product and service you were looking for! Please leave us some more specifics about Office 365 in our Feedback & Suggestions forum (https://my.axerosolutions.com/spaces/77/axero-online-support/forums/6118/suggestions-and-feedback). If we can make our O365 calendar integration even stronger, we'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us! We're so happy you had a successful launch and look forward to continuing our partnership together. Sincerely, Alex, Axero Marketing Manager

Hannah

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Great Product!

Overall, we are very happy with the product and have had great adoption and feedback from our users. Only a few limitations on customization and integrations, but we have still been able to accomplish most of what we were looking for - increased adoption & analytics, optimized search, organized layout and easy navigation, and trust security via Okta.

PROS

Positive feedback from users, organized and easy to navigate, responsive customer support, many different features to incorporate, and sleek designs.

CONS

Setup can be a bit technical, some limitations on customization

Hi Hannah, Thank you for the feedback! We're always happy to hear that your teams are loving Axero and adoption, navigation, search, and design is accomplishing your goals. Please feel free to leave suggestions about customization in our Suggestions and Feedback forum. Our team checks this page to plan our product roadmap. The Axero team wishes you a happy New Year! Sincerely, Alex, Axero Marketing Manager

Replied December 2021

Thu

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Community for The Climate Pledge

Our experience has been nothing but positive. Their support team is quick to address our tickets and overall their leadership team has been very supportive in providing guidance and best practices to support our goals. There’s a lot of fast moving parts and changes in requirements, but the team’s ability to deliver on time has been instrumental in getting our Pilot site up and running. We truly appreciate their partnership.

PROS

A lot of the features we were looking for were available out of the box so we didn’t have to build the community from scratch. With robust integration options, we were able to connect the site to our current technology stack with ease.

CONS

There are some small nuances that aren’t available currently. An example of this is being able to test email templates easily out of the system. However, Axero continues to roll out additional features and has worked with our team extensively to prioritize and add these enhancements to their roadmap.

Hi Thu, Thank you for the review and on behalf of the Axero team, we're so happy you had a successful launch! As you know, our support and development teams are all ears when it comes to new features that will continue to deliver the platform you need and want. We appreciate your partnership and look forward to supporting your goals in 2023. Sincerely, Alex, Axero Marketing Manager

Replied December 2022

Anna

Environmental Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Great support team!

I assume that running a business like Axero is quite challenging because no matter how high the quality of the product is, a user will attribute value based on their experience, which will vary greatly depending on familiarity with managing/editing an intranet platforms. In my case, content editing skills only got me so far and I would have been at a loss were it not for their support team and instructional tools. I was not an original member of my company’s transition team for this project, so I missed some prelim training but later found that most of it was available in various forms through the support site. Bumps were encountered along the way with set up, site maintenance, and user errors, and with each occurrence I felt supported in my action of reaching out to the Axero team for help. Based on the level of support received and responsiveness of Client Success Managers, I would recommend Axero.

PROS

Support team is quick to respond and can bring on team members with various areas of expertise to help quickly resolve problems or provide answers, etc. Client Success Managers seem sincerely invested in helping customers find solutions. The Axero Support site has a great vault of questions/answers/how-to videos & instructions, and it’s easy to post a question, report a bug, or suggest a new feature. The training Axero provided is what enabled me to become a successful site manager, I did not receive platform management training from my company.

CONS

A few times we’ve experienced a glitch that caused content to be lost/missing from the platform, and we weren’t able to determine if it was a user error or a platform glitch. When it comes to page building, there is no ‘undo’ button for certain editing tasks which at times users have mentioned – would have been nice. Some training/tutorial videos/materials are insufficient and there could be some improvement on communicating the gotchas/things to watch out for such as data loss when merging and renaming directory fields. Without editing code there isn’t an easy way to alter dimensions of white space within layout and widgets.

Hi Anna, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! Our support team is always happy to hear positive feedback and I will be sure to share your kind words to them. Our development team would love to hear more about your suggestion to improve PageBuilder. Please reach out to our support team or post in our Suggestions and Feedback forum - we check this forum frequently to determine our product roadmap. I will also pass along your feedback about additional documentation! We want you to be set up for success and have the resources you need to accomplish your goals with Axero. I hope you have a happy New Year! Sincerely, Alex, Axero Marketing Manager

Replied December 2021

Chloie

Staffing and Recruiting, 1,001-5,000 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed April 2021

Great intranet solution with room for improvement

PROS

Overall the Axero intranet is very user-friendly, and it is a great tool to get important content and information to your people. You have the ability to create eye-catching pages, and custom pages for people based on their role/team in the company. There is a lot you can do with this intranet. Axero's customer support team is also very responsive. They usually get back to my questions and requests within minutes, and most of the time have the issue resolved the same day. They are very patient and willing to walk you through anything to make sure you're set up for success.

CONS

My biggest con with the Axero intranet is blog layouts. I know Axero offers a lot of widgets for pages, but I wish they had those same options for blogs. As of right now, you cannot easily insert image galleries, polls/surveys, buttons, etc. into a blog. You can create your own HTML templates to achieve this, but I wish they came as default options. We have also run into a few issues when Axero does its regular maintenance updates. Sometimes when these updates happen our site breaks. Axero has always been helpful to get the site back up and running though. They have also been better at letting us know when these updates will occur so we can spot check our site to make sure it is good to go.

Reasons for switching to Axero

We had an intranet that our engineering teams built themselves. We decided to switch platforms so we could have a more user-friendly platform.

Hi Chloie, Thank you for sharing your experience! I am so happy you are enjoying the flexibility of Axero and the customization features that make your pages stand out. Our support team is always happy for a shoutout, too :). I will pass along your feedback about blog layouts to our development team. They are always excited to learn how we can improve the Axero platform for valued clients just like you! We appreciate hearing from you. - Alex, Axero Marketing Manager

Blaine

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Communifire has become an essential tool in working together

We have built better collaboration and better connection between geographically distant team members. Staff told us that Communifire makes them feel connected. Our email platform crashed a few years ago. Communifire allowed us to stay in contact while rebuilding the new email platform. Communifire gives individual staff members the ability to securely share concerns

PROS

We like having multiple spaces for working together, keep everything on one platform, but giving different teams the ability to structure their space in the way that fits them best. Security is very important, so we appreciate the safe environment to share openly. Making resources available and findable is a strength of Communifire. Administration was very doable for people without IT training. We have had many open discussions about the challenges of 2020 within Communifire, keeping people up to date and leading to even greater transparency.

CONS

We need to invite non-staff to collaborate in a specific space without granting access to the whole community. So far we have not been able to make that work. It would be far better choose between fluid collaboration on documents, allowing multiple people to add ideas without having to download and upload or to post with version control that does not allow as much change. the phone app could be better at displaying and navigating information on small screen.

Reason for choosing Axero

Communifire is very robust with many options and tools. But it also was fully developed so we could get it launched quickly and build additional functionality over time. It is giving us a robust tool without having IT staff dedicated to its maintenance..

Hi Blaine, we hear you loud and clear! We recently launched major design updates for mobile and actively check our Suggestion forum for ways to improve functionality. I will share this feedback with our Development team! Thank you for your partnership.

Replied February 2021

Museums and Institutions, 201-500 employees

Maybe,hopefully, in time

PROS

I feel like this product is way more powerful than I can give it credit for at this point in time. My experience (Less than 1 year) lets me honestly say the support team is incredibly helpful (and they are super responsive) when I have a question and I know how to ask it.

CONS

The biggest problem for me is that there is no training (at least that a small non profit could afford) outside of video tutorials...again, you really have to spend a lot of time identifying what it is you want to know. The product is generally intuitive for the end user, but takes some skill on the administrative side. I'm actually quite terrified to even look at the back end sometimes for fear I will do something irreparable. If you have a team of administrators, or available designers/IT, I say go for it. If you are a one man team with 50% time to dedicate...brace yourself. I'm not so discouraged that I won't keep trying, but I can't exactly say it is making a huge difference (yet).

Reason for choosing Axero

The team researching thought both products were quite similar, but liked the look and feel of Communifire better (more room for individualization). There was also a slight cost difference in our favor and we were not sure it would be a long term solution.

Gabriel