• Pros

• "Product is fairly easy to use, document storage is one of the most important features that we use. "

• "System has lots of features and is easy to use. Ability to create custom content / layout is great. Online video and document library is helpful and answers most questions. "

• "Compared to our previous software Communifire is awesome and does what we need it to do. "

• Cons

• "Intranet software isn't perfect, in general. To administer, there is some technical expertise needed but nothing insurmountable. It is the nature of the solution."

• "Social colaboration tools arent great, we have low use among employees. "

• "Sometimes there are glitches and we either just let them be or I continuously reach out for help. Also it would be nice to have more flexibility with some of the requirements to follow when posting."

Browse Axero Reviews

Jaspreet from Deloitte

A modern collaboration platform with brilliant customer support

Pros

1. Modern look-and-feel 2. Easy to use without any steep learning curve 3. Brilliant customer support 4. Flexible and easily customisable: Their PageBuilder is one of the most advanced page editors we have seen. 5. One of the best "search feature" of all the platforms we compared

Cons

1. No Google Docs integration yet (though the company says it will be there in 2017 release) 2. Features like Single Sing On should be a part of base module, we were charged extra for it 3. No Windows Mobile App yet.

Jennifer from Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Maybe,hopefully, in time

Pros

I feel like this product is way more powerful than I can give it credit for at this point in time. My experience (Less than 1 year) lets me honestly say the support team is incredibly helpful (and they are super responsive) when I have a question and I know how to ask it.

Cons

The biggest problem for me is that there is no training (at least that a small non profit could afford) outside of video tutorials...again, you really have to spend a lot of time identifying what it is you want to know. The product is generally intuitive for the end user, but takes some skill on the administrative side. I'm actually quite terrified to even look at the back end sometimes for fear I will do something irreparable. If you have a team of administrators, or available designers/IT, I say go for it. If you are a one man team with 50% time to dedicate...brace yourself. I'm not so discouraged that I won't keep trying, but I can't exactly say it is making a huge difference (yet).

Reasons for Choosing Axero

The team researching thought both products were quite similar, but liked the look and feel of Communifire better (more room for individualization). There was also a slight cost difference in our favor and we were not sure it would be a long term solution.

Chloie from CHG Healthcare

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great intranet solution with room for improvement

Pros

Overall the Axero intranet is very user-friendly, and it is a great tool to get important content and information to your people. You have the ability to create eye-catching pages, and custom pages for people based on their role/team in the company. There is a lot you can do with this intranet. Axero's customer support team is also very responsive. They usually get back to my questions and requests within minutes, and most of the time have the issue resolved the same day. They are very patient and willing to walk you through anything to make sure you're set up for success.

Cons

My biggest con with the Axero intranet is blog layouts. I know Axero offers a lot of widgets for pages, but I wish they had those same options for blogs. As of right now, you cannot easily insert image galleries, polls/surveys, buttons, etc. into a blog. You can create your own HTML templates to achieve this, but I wish they came as default options. We have also run into a few issues when Axero does its regular maintenance updates. Sometimes when these updates happen our site breaks. Axero has always been helpful to get the site back up and running though. They have also been better at letting us know when these updates will occur so we can spot check our site to make sure it is good to go.

Reasons for Switching to Axero

We had an intranet that our engineering teams built themselves. We decided to switch platforms so we could have a more user-friendly platform.

Christine from Hylant

I think the platform is very basic and not the robust solution it is presented as.

It gave our employees a new intranet to complain about. They didn't like the old one because it was dated, and they don't like the new one because (1) it's new, and (2) it doesn't have some of the basic functionality of the old one (developed in-house).

Pros

Easy to set up and navigate.

Cons

There are too many inconsistencies and quirks. It seems like it wasn't fully built out. Functionality was put in, but there's no depth to it. For example, the site member csv does not accurately report space membership. There are more examples, too numerous to mention here. We have reported these. Apparently, most are expected to be corrected in some phantom future release.

Christina from Anser Advisory

First Time User - Communifire

I have had a great experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who has been our Rep. His training has helped me so much so that I can train our own ambassadors to use and update spaces. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is easy to get a hold of, receptive and a great teacher. I trust that he will always understand my request and assists me immediately.

Pros

This software is perfect to communicate information to our entire company. I especially love the custom homepage which allows us to disseminate important information to our team real-time.

Cons

It would be helpful if there was a feature which will allow me to post on the main page carousel from other spaces only. I have to duplicate "HOT" announcements on the main page and for example HR.

Reasons for Choosing Axero

Best tools and looked easy to use for our staff who are not always tech savy

Response from Axero Solutions

Replied February 2021

Thank you so much for your review, Christina! Have you tried our "featured" tool? This allows you to post content on a space and have it will automatically appear on the main homepage. Please reach out to our support team if you have questions!

Chuck from CLEARIFY®

One place for everything

I have used their software for close to a decade - There has never been any downtime to speak of, and none in the last several years. - Their help desk is second to none. - They fix issues extremely fast, and they go out of their way to help you achieve what you want. - The technology behind what they do is constantly improving, and the presentation of new features is also second to none. There are very few software companies for whom I could say the same thing. - Customization in any manner that you see fit.

Pros

- The ability to interact with both internally with our employees and contractors, and externally (in a private environment) with our partners, and externally (in a public environment) with our customers. - Variety of communication mediums: public forums, private tickets, wiki/guide pages, announcements, blogs, video. Everything in one package. - Create a self-serve environment for those wanting to research and learn on their own time. Although this product is marketed as an intranet product, we take it further, and have inculcated our whole web page operations around the product. We have: - Public Web Pages, where customers can peruse our custom designed pages (part of Communifire) and avail themselves of the various communication tools in the Communifire product. - Private community for our Solution Providers where they can interact with us and each other to discuss ideas not in the public purview. - Private ticket system for our customers, where sensitive information comes into play. By implementing all of these communication options, we were able to channel more resources and money into engineering a better product, as opposed to paying someone to regurgitate items that are routine and standard procedure. If any company has a similar structure to ours e.g. products that involve customer interaction, with vendor or partner relationships, I don't understand why anybody wouldn't want to use a product like Communifire. Know that this review is unsolicited.

Cons

The only - and TINY issue I have, is with the instant messenger. By default we can't prevent customers from seeing each other. We would like to have more options in this arena. Second, it would be nice to allow API with third party instant messaging systems - or a collaborative integration. However, this is a tiny inconvenience for us.

Reasons for Switching to Axero

This product had everything we wanted in one place.

Response from Axero Solutions

Replied January 2021

Hi Chuck! We're thrilled that years later, you're still loving Communifire's extranet abilities. We recently released integrations with Rocket.Chat and Jitsi to streamline the instant messaging experiencewith more to come. Thank you for your review!

Abhishek from SCP Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

Communifire is the most flexible intranet software I used

We were searching for an intranet software as we were tired of customizing Sharepoint and wanted something which is flexible but not too expensive. We are a small team and we could not afford vendors like Jive. After our search narrowed down on a couple of platforms, Communifire being one of them. What tilted the decision towards Communifire was: 1. The amazing customer support we got from their team. For every query they tried to help us work on it and understood our use cases perfectly. I have never seen such a good response from the customer support of other vendors. 2. Communifire was not expensive compared to other options we had narrowed down, but offered more or less the same features. Excellent ROI in last two years. 3. Flexibility of the platform: It was so easy to customize and consume their REST APIs. Loved their Page Builder and I don't think anyone else has a tool similar like that. We are very happy using Communifire for our internal intranet, and would gladly recommend it to others.

Pros

1. Clean and user-friendly UI 2. Amazing customer support 3. Flexible platform

Cons

1. Some features are not needed, like e-Commerce module 2. File sync needs some more work

Response from Axero Solutions

Replied October 2016

Thanks for your review, Abhishek. We appreciate your business.

Grace from ARCO

Communifire Review

Very happy with Communifire and especially Azero for delivering a top-notch product.

Pros

Within the past 3 years that Communifire has been implemented in our company, it has really been adopted by our user base as the go to for almost all company information. The out-of-the-box features are really great and accomplish a lot of what we were interested in for an intranet solution. It has also always been easy to get support for the product when needed.

Cons

Anything that you are trying to accomplish that is not part of the solution can be difficult and requires pretty technical development work. A lot of that couldn’t be accomplished in-house for our company so it was an added cost.

Response from Axero Solutions

Replied February 2021

Hi Grace. We're so happy you and your employees are loving Communifire! Please know our support team is always here to assist you. We are so grateful for your partnership and hope you're having a wonderful start to 2021.

Sierra from Understood

Great, customizable intranet

Pros

Love the customizations available especially through CSS overrides and the ability to turn certain features on or off (ie chat).

Cons

The mobile app isn't customizable like the website it.

Response from Axero Solutions

Replied December 2020

Hi Sierra, Thank you so much for your review! On behalf of the entire Axero team, we're thrilled that you're loving Communifire's customization features. Please know that we hear you about the Communifire mobile app. Our 8.0 release, which launched in October 2020, included an enhanced mobile homepage and mobile Page Builders! This way, you can build and customize any mobile page to reflect your desktop portal. You can read about the mobile app updates here: https://my.axerosolutions.com/spaces/5/communifire-documentation/wiki/view/78515/communifire-8-0-release-notes Please know that our support team is always here to help you. I hope you have a happy and healthy new year. Sincerely, Alex, Axero Marketing Manager

Richard from Phoenix Logistics

Good Product

Pros

Communifire is a good portal engine. It has a lot of power and it allows us to communicate effectively with our employees. It gives a professional look and feel which gives employees confidence in the company.

Cons

The software is a bit expensive. There is a lot of value, but I'm not convinced it's enough to justify the cost.

Response from Axero Solutions

Replied February 2021

Hi Justin, thank you for your review! We're glad Communifire is delivering strong communication and branding. Our platform has a lot to offer and we want to make sure you take advantage of all of it. Our Support is here to assist with any questions.

Blaine from Encompass World Partners

Communifire has become an essential tool in working together

We have built better collaboration and better connection between geographically distant team members. Staff told us that Communifire makes them feel connected. Our email platform crashed a few years ago. Communifire allowed us to stay in contact while rebuilding the new email platform. Communifire gives individual staff members the ability to securely share concerns

Pros

We like having multiple spaces for working together, keep everything on one platform, but giving different teams the ability to structure their space in the way that fits them best. Security is very important, so we appreciate the safe environment to share openly. Making resources available and findable is a strength of Communifire. Administration was very doable for people without IT training. We have had many open discussions about the challenges of 2020 within Communifire, keeping people up to date and leading to even greater transparency.

Cons

We need to invite non-staff to collaborate in a specific space without granting access to the whole community. So far we have not been able to make that work. It would be far better choose between fluid collaboration on documents, allowing multiple people to add ideas without having to download and upload or to post with version control that does not allow as much change. the phone app could be better at displaying and navigating information on small screen.

Reasons for Choosing Axero

Communifire is very robust with many options and tools. But it also was fully developed so we could get it launched quickly and build additional functionality over time. It is giving us a robust tool without having IT staff dedicated to its maintenance..

Response from Axero Solutions

Replied February 2021

Hi Blaine, we hear you loud and clear! We recently launched major design updates for mobile and actively check our Suggestion forum for ways to improve functionality. I will share this feedback with our Development team! Thank you for your partnership.

Gabriel from Luxottica

First year review

Pros

Cons

For larger retail brand not having the ability to communicate content to specific users but limited to specific roles or spaces creates challanges. Role setup should be expanded to allow multi select roles instead of duplication of bulk upload of users. Would be nice to have a operations calendar feature that could support the task functionality. Would be nice to have custom CSS for each space not one global page as it dificcult to navitage if not a strong coder / developer. Would be nice to be able to select what content creates a notification as to not overwhelm users and lose importance of this feature to drive them to content.

Reasons for Switching to Axero

Looking for more admin access / control of platform and better UI/UX.

Paul from Transportlab

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Multi enterprise platform

We have an excellent partner with Communifire/Axero and they are always helping us to perform better.

Pros

We use the Communifire platform as a multi enterprise/program platform for all kinds of projects and programmes in mobility and logistics. check out www.dutchmobilityinnovations.com. Communifire is the only platform we have come across with the flexibility to create branded communities and subcommunities on one platform. Next to that it has all the features you need, easy to use and excellent customer support. real value for money.

Cons

The language module is the worst part of the software. we had to spend days of work doing proper translations form English to Dutch

Reasons for Choosing Axero

Communifire was best value for money

Meghan from Anonyome Labs

Great communication platform

Cons

Response from Axero Solutions

Replied December 2020

Hi Meghan, Thank you so much for your review! On behalf of the entire Axero team, we're so happy that Communifire is meeting your needs and making your intranet experience far more enjoyable this go-around. Please know that you can always share suggestions here: https://my.axerosolutions.com/spaces/77/communifire-support/forums/6118/suggestions-and-feedback. We want to ensure your experience with Communifire is top-notch. Our Development team collects feedback from our clients in this suggestion forum to drive future roadmaps. I hope you have a happy and healthy new year. Sincerely, Alex, Axero Marketing Manager

Vincent from Veregy

Industry: Utilities

Overall Positive

Overall a strong experience

Pros

When you make an update its instant. The site loads quickly.

Cons

The use of imagery on the main carousel has to be a precise size or its cover by text or not shown. We have an iframe that we try to remove horizontal scrolling and no one seems to be able to fix it. CSS can be a pain.

Reasons for Choosing Axero

Our speed to delivery and capabilities seemed user friendly. It has take hours of training.

Response from Axero Solutions

Replied February 2021

Hi Vincent, thank you for your review! We're glad Communifire is working quickly and supporting your workday. Have you filed a ticket with Support? We will gladly try to resolve this carousel hiccup for you. Thank you for your partnership.

Jim from Medtrition, Inc.

Good Program for Small Business

Pros

- Program comes generally ready to use with different widgets to customize each space - Allows for integration with Microsoft platform for connection to One Drive - Easy to navigate platform which offers easy permission setup

Cons

- Sharing documents via email is not possible - Must download before adding as attachment - Would like to see more widgets available to work from. Has many available, but some are too generic for our use.

Reasons for Choosing Axero

- Connection capabilities with our document storage system - Long-term contract discounts available

Response from Axero Solutions

Replied February 2021

Thank you for the feedback, Jim! I am sharing your comments with our development team. Feel free to share more feedback in our Suggestion forum. We want your experience to be as seamless as possible and always look for ways to improve functionality.

James from Quest for Space

Rich features at affordable prices

We selected Communifire after evaluating several other options such as Jive. Expensive does not mean it is the best. And Communifire does not disappoint. It is packed with features including gamification. It has all the SaaS capabilities and benefits you'd expect. And their implementation support and customer service are top notch. Cheers.

Pros

Rich features, ready-to-use templates, excellent customer support, solid search engine, affordable pricing.

Cons

Administration and setup can be overwhelming due to so many features. A wizard-based configuration for the initial setup and other advanced features would be helpful.

Response from Axero Solutions

Replied October 2016

Thanks for your review, James. We appreciate your business.

justin from Hanna

Feedback

overall its a good product and does its job.

Pros

Cons

Social colaboration tools arent great, we have low use among employees.

Response from Axero Solutions

Replied February 2021

Hi Justin, thank you for your review! While we're thrilled file storage and ease of use is working well, we'd love to improve your adoption. Please reach out to support. We will provide you best tips and practices to make the most of your intranet.

Hector from Riptide Software

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Great Portal tool

So far so good

Pros

I like the ease to use and the support team

Cons

The customization tools can be more user friendly

Response from Axero Solutions

Replied December 2020

Hi Hector, Thank you so much for your review! On behalf of the entire Axero team, we're so happy that you're pleased with Communifire and that it's easy to use. We strive to have the most flexible intranet platform, so our Development team is always listening to our clients about how we could improve customization features. Please feel free to share your suggestions here: https://my.axerosolutions.com/spaces/77/communifire-support/forums/6118/suggestions-and-feedback I hope you have a happy and healthy new year. Sincerely, Alex, Axero Marketing Manager

Jacqueline from Known

Fairly easy to use, flexible and totally customizable

We're very happy with Communifire. It gives us everything we need.

Pros

Branding was really important to us and Communifire was the only product that gave us complete branding control over our site.

Cons

Response from Axero Solutions

Replied December 2020

Hi Jacqueline, Thank you so much for your review! On behalf of the entire Axero team, we're thrilled that you're happy with Communifire and that you can display branding exactly how you want. Please know that our support team is always here to help youand we respond quickly! Feel free to use our resources or ask a Communifire expert a question here: https://my.axerosolutions.com/. Sincerely, Alex, Axero Marketing Manager

Cory from Veregy (Midstate Energy)

My Review

Pros

It's reletively easy to use and navigate and allows us to quickly update our company on new events.

Cons

File sharing is extemely basic and no options for sharing files outside of our company means needing to use separate cloud services for that. Also, the version control is almost non-existant. It's pretty basic.

An All-In-One Solution for all Business Communication / Collaboration Needs

Pros

I have been using Communifire for the past 6 months and it has helped streamline communication and collaboration at various touchpoints within my business. Here are the list of Pros I could identify... 1) Very easy to use. If you know Facebook, navigating Communifire would be a breeze. 2) Covers almost all aspects of communication in a structured and seamless manner. 3) Allows the creation of teams and topics which allow me to collate and find important pieces of information which are otherwise scattered when using emails. 4) Inexpensive compared to other leading solutions. Flexible plans incorporating pay-as-you-go for small to large team sizes. 5) Highly customizable and does not require the help of expensive third party implementers.

Reuben from Loki Systems

Solid solution for Knowledge Base

We have been somewhat successful at launching Communifire to our clients as a knowledge base, but it mainly gets used for internal training and as a resource.

Pros

The feature to create sub folders and to organize the articles in very specific way is very helpful.

Cons

It can be difficult to write articles, having to import images and format content can take a considerable amount of time and effort.

Easy to setup and use

Pros

Lots of features and a great UI. Was super easy to set up and most colleagues have zero problems using it

Cons

The “project management” feature of the software would need a lot of improvements. Calendar is limited to 10 colors

Response from Axero Solutions

Replied February 2021

Thank you for your review! Project management is important and we'd love to learn where we could improve to provide an even stronger experience for you. Please share your feedback in our Suggestions forum. We look forward to learning more!

Terri from Equinix

I am new to Communifire. The product and the support have been excellent.

It has a nice blend of feature/functions like Lithium and Jive without the price tag.

Pros

It's pretty easy to use -- the set up was fairly painless. I like the pagebuilder function, ease of publishing.

Cons

I'd like to see some functionality and features suited for external use (ex. more granular user settings, better notification experience; more admin controls/layers; better mobile capability like edit profile) -- access to more analytics out for the box. True SSO using LinkedIn.

Max from Heatex

Easy and customizable platform

Pros

The ability to customize and its ease of use. It fairly easy to teach others to use it and they usually like the layout which is important when you first show your collegues their new platform of communication.

Cons

There are some functionality which should be available but isnt. Its very important to make a platform like this blend in with the rest of the company software. And also to make visually appealing there should be available default images to use for posts. Like the icons that already exists but a bigger version for the "carddeck" function for instance. Also Calendar sync. with outlook would be great otherwise nobody is going to use the calendar. @mention people should be possible everywhere. Online live collaboration on word docs (google docs) would be nice. Permissions should be faster to set up, especially for files (isnt there any better way to set permissions then going through every folder?)

October 2013

Sammy Lipzok

October 2013

Solid product, Great Support

We evaluated Jive, Yammer, and Sharepoint for our intranet. Then we found Communifire (and we are happy we did.) It's right up there with the top enterprise level social business software on the market. Their team is very responsive and seems like they actually care about their customers.

Pros

The software has tons and tons of features but it's still very easy to get started. It's very intuitive. If you use facebook or twitter or wordpress you will be an expert with Communifire. It's also extremely flexible.

Cons

They need to do more marketing. It was hard to find them.

March 2016

Aimee from Knowledge Collaboration Centre

March 2016

Great product but even greater customer service

I could't think of any better tool that can help us achieve our goals of collaboration through knowledge sharing. Not only is Communifire easy-to-use, it is packed with incredibly useful social interaction features that makes it more than just a document management tool. While the product is great, the best part about Communifire is the people we work with! You can expect only the best level of support from the Axero team. They're not just solution-oriented, they're people-oriented!

Ryan Brown

Good customer support

We have been using Communifire as our intranet. We like the product, specially the user interface and the flexibility it offers.

Pros

Good UI, easy to use, feature rich, very friendly and prompt customer support. This product has most of the features of Jive but is much more cost effective.

Cons

Some localization related bugs, does not have in-built conferencing solution yet.

Jaspreet Kaur

Must have collaboration tool

Its a great business collaboration platform for businesses which seeking newer ways to connect to its employees, vendors, clients and build inefficiencies. Its a focal point to address all business need over single platform. The differentiating factor for this product is its simple, yet attractive user interface, unlike its counterparts. Also, the pricing models available are simple and can easily suit various budgets.

December 2009

John from M Financials

December 2009

Best social networking collaboration product in ASP.NET!

A very good product if you are looking to quickly implement social networking on windows servers.

Pros

1. very intuitive 2. extremely good customer support 3. best value for money 4. flexible

Cons

1. documentation in user interface pages is less (like pop up help menus) 2. works only on Windows OS/ASP.NET runtime

May 2015

Yeta from Professionnel

May 2015

Just Awesome. Blown Away by the ease options and fanstastic customer service.

Communifire is King. The flexibility and possibilities are only limited by your own imagination. Pair that with a superb team and you have a software which helps you as a business owner present an incredibly powerful and amazing platform for your users.

Most sorted solution I have come across

Pros

Liked the UI of the app and the in depth research by the team on the product. Customer support is another feather in the cap with hands on team for the job